3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 9/12 - 9/18 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/65041-sugarbusters-weekly-support-board-9-12-9-18-a.html)

Ellen 09-12-2005 07:25 AM

Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 9/12 - 9/18

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too! :)

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...438#post959438

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread

Ellen 09-12-2005 07:52 AM

Challenges!

Challenges:

1. Try a new exercise this week!

2. Try a new recipe this week, and post a review and the recipe if its good.

3. Try to remember to post on the exercise board.

I guess this will be a 'trying' week! :lol3:

Ellen 09-12-2005 07:55 AM

MMM-

I am down 2 from last week, bringing my total since following the Leptin rules to 15 pounds.

I slept very poorly last night..not sure why. So did Tom. Poor thing had to get up and go to work. Me? I am going back to bed for a while! :wave:

Talitha 09-12-2005 09:16 AM

WE should have had an online party last night. I couldn't sleep and was online till 2.
I've been working since thursday. 12 hour days. I'm off today and then work again Tues and Wed. I'm exhausted. And then couldn't sleep last night on top of it! I've got so many catch up errands to do today, and I'm just about to fall over. At least we will be able to pay back some money we borrowed when Trav lost his job. It's worth it.

I'm still weighing in at 195. I've jsut been sitting too much working. I'm holding my breath that Trav's expense check will come today. If it does I get to go officially join the Y.

The kids have both had breakfast and Jake is acting like he could take his nap early. I think I'm go see ifI can sleep for an hour. I git about 4 hours last night. I feel like I'm going to throw up!

Solly 09-12-2005 09:22 AM

Happy MMM Chickies :wave:

I'm so glad Monday is here. DH worked 18 hours, Friday, Saturday and 12 Sunday. It was a boring weekend. At least I did not fill it with food. Eating was pretty good, probably not enough food. Got my workout in last Friday, which is something that never happens. Yesterday I cut the grass and it almost killed me so I figure that counted too. I only bought 2 pair of shoes this weekend. Thought I shouldn't spend too much of the money DH WASN'T making on ot. He is now salary.

Didn't feel too well yesterday before the grass cutting and definately after so eating was minimal.

Happily, I can report I am down 9 pounds from last Monday. Granted a lot of that is water and I can actually move my ticker down 4 pounds. :cb:

I have a mini goal to get to 168 by Oct 1. I hope I make it. Gotta figure out how to get an additional ticker on here. Any help?

Monet, So glad the job is almost yours. I'm sure that there is nothing standing in your way. How fun. Congrats on your Dawgs win over Visor Man. Congrats on your 2 lbs and 15 pounds is awesome. Glad this is working for you.

Bob the cats weren't on TV, Idaho State. I listened on the radio and luckily they pulled it out. Unfortunatley, we lost a lot of players. The GA/SC games was about the only good game we could get here. No one else interested me.

Thin, have a great time at the beach. Hope you don't have any hurricane problems. Sorry your DS cholesetrol went up, I guess it is more hereditary and dietary. Hope the Welchol helps.

Ashley, glad I drug you back here. It was so good talking to you. I never even thought about mold and mildew problems on top of everything else. Hope you get to go back soon and hope you pop in here more often.

Gator, so sorry about your car. At least they didn't damage it to badly and get too much stuff. It is very aggravating though.

Bob & Gator, I am torn over who to pull for next Sat. Of course my SIL is orange all the way so I may have to lean that way a little to keep the peace. We already fight over the Yankees and the Red Sox games. Good luck to yo both and may the best team win.

Oh Monet, Funny you posted a challenge to try a new exercise this week. I brought my big book of exercises with me to work today. AT lunch I am going to figure out a new routine. I am bored with what I am doing and I need to switch it around anyway. So I will definately have a new one and I will post on the exercise board. Right now too. Don't know if I will get a new recipe in or not but will try.

bf: 3/4 C SoBE wheat cereal, with 1/2 skim milk
lunch, salad and fat free dressing tomato basil.
dinner: chicken parmagean, green beans ????

Got to get busy, but I'll be back.

Toni48 09-12-2005 10:04 AM

Oh shoot forgot it was Monday and didn't weigh. But since I'm not doing to well its probably just as well. LOL. Had a nice week end. Took a trip to Lowes and got the rest of the wiring for the bedroom. Maybe that means DH is really going to work on it.

Monet- Congrads on your loss. You've done really well since using the Leptin rules.. Keep up the good work.

Jack-K- Wow, clapping for you on the big drop. Bet you feel a little better with that all off you.

Talitha- Hope you get some rest. I hate when I don't sleep.

Happy Day to all....

GatorGal 09-12-2005 11:03 AM

Good morning to all my SB buddies,
I was back down a pound to my previous lowest, but it is truly a miracle, because my eating was not sterling this weekend. I found out on the way up to Gainesville that my DS and his "2 boys" were coming up to the game. So we quickly went to Publix and got a small meal-wheel and 20 drumettes, along with chips and diet soda, and a dozen oatmeal raisin cookies. Now that's a real SB meal for ya!! :)
Anyway, all the food got eaten, mostly by the boys, but some by me. And there were other no-nos that I ate too. But I'm happy to see that I'm back to where I started a couple of weeks ago, and can work on getting lower now.
I still have some challenges ahead of me: this coming weekend we are going to the Gator-Vol game and will be partying with some of my DH's old fraternity brothers. We are all getting together for a tailgate party b/f the game. I am the organizer, though, so get to plan the menu, and I will make it healthy. I suspect that someone will bring junk, though. Proposed menu:
Cold poached salmon with cucumber-yogurt sauce
Thin sliced grill roasted rare beef filet
white bean salad with dried tomato pesto
Green salad
Fruit salad
Crusty french bread/ white and whole wheat
pita chips (homemade) with hummus
olives, cheeses
cookies of some sort
wine, water, soda

My DF has had a little episode with some fibrillation of his heart. He was in the hospital for one night, but is home now. They don't know why he had this trouble, and he has a pacemaker. He will be 89 Oct. 3, so 3 of us daughters are going up to his town to spend the weekend with him the weekend of 30 Sept. That may also be a food challenge, but will keep trying to be vigilent. We did cancel our plans to go to New Orleans the middle of October. I see that some things are getting electricity and water, but I think we will wait a couple of years before trying to go back. The Gators will be playing LSU in Red Stick again in 2007.

Got my walk in today, and can truly say that the weather is starting to cool every so slightly, maybe down to 89° this morning.

Congratulations to all the losers this week. :) Keep up the good work.

Heartmom--when do you start your new job? I've been thinking about you and your job and could not remember when you said it began.

Monet--Thanks again for starting the board. We are all indebted to you for your faithfulness. I haven't found out when we are having dinner with my DH's cousin. I'll let you know. I'm sorry that I won't be seeing you that Wed. The only time I get to Atlanta is the occasional time my DH comes up for this particular law course, or when the Gators play in the SECCG. Maybe we can all pull for them to get to that so I can get to see you.

BOB--Well Ewe Tea did not have a loss this weekend! :D Hope they lose next weekend, though! :D Don't think they will, unfortunately. The Gators are a bit suspect right now. I think the SEC is lucky to have Visor man still around. He is so colorful, and who would everyone have to hate if it were not for him!!! Gosh, I thought he was gonna pull it out against the Dawgs. After a couple of years, I would suspect that USC might be the team to fear in the conference. SOS is just a genius. Wish we still had him in Gatorville.
Jackie--Contratulations on the Cats' win.

Gotta go. Still need my shower and have a lot of chores.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...3a7/weight.png

techwife 09-12-2005 11:54 AM

MMM - I'm down a pound or two to 160. :cheer:

Kyle started preschool today. He did very well, except he has a penchant for wrestling with the other kids during story time. :^: The fun thing was that I saw him playing equally with all the boys and he was very outgoing. There was one boy that flat out would NOT do what the teacher asked him to do. There's always one in each group, isn't there?

The bus picked up DD at 6:43 this morning. I had her out the door at 6:35 to be SURE she had plenty of time to wait and catch her breath. It's just so darn early.

And I have to have Junior at the trainers at 1pm. We just took down our inflatable pool this weekend, but DH hasn't had time to put it in the barn, so Junior decided it needed to be shredded and now not only is he wet, but he's covered in algae (the pool was more than gross when we drained it). He smells like a fish tank!! I just don't have time to give him a bath before we go. He's just going to have to go stinky. :( I don't know what the trainer will say.

Anyhow...gotta run and choke down something for lunch before I go. Replies later if I have time before DD gets home from school.

Kris

Pancho 09-12-2005 12:00 PM

Good Monday Morning:

Fall is in the air. It is nice and (almost) a little cool this morning. I don't think we will break 100 all week; we s/b in the mid 90's.....mid 70's at night.

I ate pretty good over the weekend, and it did reflect on the scale this morning (120.5#). I haven't seen that number in a long time, and I hope to keep it there for awhile. I have been snacking waaaay too much lately, and my portion sizes were getting out of control. I concentrated on both of those areas over the weekend, and I will continue to work on those downfalls of mine.

I joined a new gym over the weekend (Pure Fitness); they have 9 valley locations, and the one that I will go to most of the time is 20,000 sq feet; it is a bit overwhelming, but I don't think I'd ever have to wait for a machine; they have so many of everything. It will be a little akward working out with men again, but I'll just keep my headphones on and keep to myself, like I used to when I worked out at a co-ed gym before. My DH has been working out at a tiny little gym (cave), and paying $30 per month. I was able to get us both in for $22.55 per month (each). We will pay $45 per month for both of us. Due to my situation with Naturally Women, they waived the joining fee of $69 each, and dropped the $25 per month to $22 per month (first and last). So instead of paying total joining costs of $336, we only paid $190. It will work out well for DH, with all of their locations. He can just go to whatever gym is closest to his last appt. of the day. The ONLY drawback is that the daycare is not open between 1-4 p.m. I plan to go when Lane is in preschool on Tues & Thurs, and go on Saturday, but I still wanted to take her with me one day...and that will be tricky, working within those hours, and being at school on time to p/u Britt. We'll work something out.

I have been an E-bay junkie lately. Britt and I sat on the computer and found a bunch of dresses to bid on for her; she only owns 2, and would like to have more for church and dressy occasions. She had so much fun. I also did get the weighted vest. It holds up to 40#'s, which I will never use, but my DH might. I paid $45 for it, and they retail for well over $100 in the stores. I think I am going to sell a bunch of my TAE-BO tapes on there, since I don't use them anymore.

I just made an appt. to take Britt to the doctor tomorrow. She has had this cough for well over 3 weeks now, and last night she coughed so hard that she threw up everything in her stomach. That is the second time that has happened. It does not seem to want to go away on its' own.

CHALLENGES: I am going to try my 20-minute Turbo Jam tape today. I am also going to make Lettuce Wraps this week sometime with ground turkey, water chestnuts, baby corn, soy sauce, etc.. rolled up in lettuce leaves. I'll let you know how they turn out.

JackieO: So good to see your post, and to know that you are o.k. Sorry you are having to deal with so much right now. Know that we are here for you!!

Gator: Sorry to hear about the break-in; I'm glad you were able to find DH's glasses. What punks!! Congrats on the loss. I sure hope your dad is o.k. Enjoy that time spent with him.

Monet: Congrats on the 15#'s!! That is great. When will you hear definitively on the job? Do you think you are up to it...being around all those little ones all day? ;)

Talitha: Sorry you have been so busy and not getting enough sleep. Be careful running those errands, being tired. I hope you are able to join the Y this week; you will start feeling so much better, and regain some of that lost energy.

Jack: Good job not turning to food while DH was away!! Congrats on the loss; keep up the great work.

ANY WORD FROM JULIA (KENG) YET? I am sure that little Jr. is here by now.

Lane is wanting some of my attention...so I better run.

Solly 09-12-2005 12:51 PM

Gosh it is lunch time and I have been so busy I didn't even need a snack today. I have seriously cut down eating between meals. Rarley do so anymore.

Talitha, we were posting at the same time. Sorry your are not sleeping. It seems when I get too tired, then I can't sleep. Hope you catch some zzzz's soon. Joining the Y should give you some energy back.

Toni, hope uou can get DH to work on that wiring soon. I have trouble remembering MMM, but since I weigh daily I always know what it says. have a great day and week.

Gator, that meal may not have been SG legal, but it sounded good. Wow what a tailgating menu, whatever happened to hot dogs or sandwiches? hat is such a gourmet meal. I would never get close to serving anything that fancy at home much less tailgaiting. Congrats on your loss. Hope your DD is doing better. I know a visit from his DD's will help.

Kris, congrats on your loss too. The day I see 160 again I will be :cheer: too. Right now, I'm shooting for 168. I feel so sorry your your DD having to leave so early for school? What time does she get home? How many days does Kyle go to preschool and how long?

Nat, congrats on getting back down to 120.5#Portion control is a big problem with me too. Also I am obsessed with thinking I have to eat all that is on my plate. I usually don't leave anything no matter if I am full or not. Got to learn how to do that. Glad you got such a good deal on the gym. I saw a wedding dress at an antique store over the weekend. It was the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. The whole bodice was beaded and it has a row of beads around the hem, with a big bustle in the back. Beautiful. The tag said $100.00. I was shocked. I seriously thought about buying it (not that my DD is needing one or would like the one I picked) but thought I could sell it on Ebay for at least $500-$1,000.00. Hope Britt feels better soon.

Be back later I hope.

Ellen 09-12-2005 03:35 PM

Hey everyone! I finally got James out the door and to work, went to the library then to Harry's Whole Foods. I spent way too much there. I needed just about everything. I got agave, almond butter, milk, fresh natural chicken, eggs.....it adds up fast!

I came home and made chicken rogan josh curry. I warmed up some leftover rice, and chana dal and ate it on that. I am so stuffed! I only had a cup of rice, and 1/2 a cup of the dal and a ladle of the chicken curry. :shrug:

I am SO tired...I know I need a nap. I have been trying to get some stuff done for the arts ministry at church I am in charge of. The children's director called me right after I got home and we talked a long time about stuff. I am waiting to hear from the headmistress at the school. She told me Monday afternoon....which it is! :)

I will let you know! And I agree...Julia should be the proud mama of a boy by now....I have not heard anything though. I think I will see if I have her phone number and call.

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 09-12-2005 06:18 PM

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

KRIS...I finally sat down and watched SARAHA....I LOVED IT!!!!

JACKIE...OH>>MY>>>GAWD!!!! You'll be on Susan's POOPIE LIST....NO ONE ELSE INTERESTED YOU?????? If you didn't watch that one, you missed that
BEST GAME of the weekend...(except for Peyton of course) It was UNBELIEVABLE...even though MS STATE didn't score, they kept right up with them on the field. Susan always has me pull for the opposite team because she says I JINX AUBURN!!! I couldn't do it...I called her after the game and told her that I sat on my hands for the first five minutes of the game and that was all I could stand it! WHEW....WHAT A GAME!!!

OH OH...I'll be back...the furbaby needs to squat!

BOB

Cindylcing 09-12-2005 08:47 PM

Happy Monday all. Im down 1/2 pound as of last friday. Ill probably weigh again on Wed. Im trying this week to get my fat % down in the 20's and see what it does to the scale ( if it will speed anything up) It was tough but I acheived that goal for today and have my menu planned for tomorrow and so Ill have 2 days in the 20 % range. Ive been good staying in the 30's. Kinda rough getting it lower but doable. I ate lots and lots of veges today.
I have one more day of work than I am off the rest of the week. ( which Im hoping I can keep my eating in control being out of my routine)
Wed. Im going to moms to paint the room my dad used as his computer room so I should stay busy enough that day to stay away from too much snacking and Thursday my dd and I are driving to Indy for the day ( but going out to lunch) so Ill try my best. But the other three days I dont have any definite plans.

Monet - Congratulations on your loss for last week and on the 15 total . Your doing really good. Keep it up GF !!

Pancho- Thats great news on the gym . Sounds really big. More machines are great! The gym I joined dont have enough. Its kinda frustrating sometimes .

Tech- Congrats on your loss..woo hoo

Gator- congrats to you too on your pound loss. Alot of losers ...thats great !

Hi to everyone I missed. Heading to the exercise board and then off to do some ironing before bed. :smug:

Ellen 09-12-2005 10:17 PM

Dinner was a weird affair. Tom came home and found me rather out of sorts and crabby. I really slept deeply when I napped, and woke up disoriented. I had a horrific headache all day, and it was even worse after the nap. I took four ibuprofen which helped for a while, but it is coming back now. Just in time for bed! :( For dinner, I picked. I had three Wasa rye crackers, some smart balance spread, a heaping tablespoon of almond butter and some green beans. I also drank a diet 7up. I really wanted to taste the chicken salad I was making for lunched tonight, but resisted the urge. So, I feel like I am back on track with not eating inbetween meals and especially not after dinner. I had not gotten too lax with it, but a few slips while fixing dinner add up I think.... Tom helped me clean up the kitchen some, and so now it is almost time for bed.

Still no word from the school on the job. I imagine they have not gotten a call back from the last reference they are waiting on...which is the school I used to work at. Hopefully, it will not take them forever to respond.

Now where has Country gotten off to again? And KENGJW if you are reading this, let us know how you are! HEART, we miss you! I hope all is well now there in Meridian....

:wave:

techwife 09-13-2005 06:56 AM

SO happy I started DD on cutting/watching sugar. She's down 5 lbs and today she put on her favorite pants, which didn't fit her two weeks ago, and was pleased that they now fit!! Mission accomplished. :encore:

Will be back later for replies after I take Junior to the vet for his little snip-snip :o . Poor baby... :lol: Honestly, I do feel bad, but it's for the greater good of dogs worldwide...doing my part to keep the spca happy...and do be sure we don't have any embarassing moment with anybody's legs... :o

Oh...and we got a new computer...a MAC!! My DH and his toys...I was perfectly fine with the one we had, but it will be going to DD now for her room, which SHE's perfectly fine with!!

Be back later...Kris