Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 08:58 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Ladies.

It seems so long since I have been on here. I was so anxious to get on here and see posts from Missy & Laurie. I'm so glad they are ok. Now to find out about Ashley (JackieO).

Eating this weekend was pretty good. As of Sunday the scale was staying at 75 which was down 2 pounds. Sunday we went to a party for the game and I really didn't eat too bad. 1 deviled egg, 1/2 c bbq with no bread, fruit salad. We had chicken wings and I had a few chips. Monday morning the scale is up 5 lbs. I was so discourage yesterday. My eating yesterday was all legal. steak and salad and 1/2 sweet potato, 2 brussell sprouts, 2 plain hot dogs for lunch and 1 egg and 2 pcs of bacon for bf. The scale had not moved this morning.

Got on the Tm this morning. Doubt that I will get my wts in tonight, we have to go to the funeral home after dinner. Maybe I will workout while DD is fixing dinner.

Susan, YOUR Tigers cost my DH some money this weekend. They messed up his football card. Better luck next week.

Bob, The tube was tuned in first thing to the TN game. My SIL is a BOF (big orange fan), even the dog wears a TN collar. Congrats on your win. And Lou isn't all they were hyped up to be. I thougt the Cats looked decent and gave them a good game. Thanks for the update from Missy. I am so relieved.

Monet, Hope you had a wonderful anniversary. Did you go skinny dipping? We are still missing JackieO in NO.

Gator, congrats on your win. I couldn't find out what was going on with the Gators. It's amazing how we lose all of our senses when we get around food. AT least you were still down a pound. How about a legal taco salad and take pita pieces or use triscuits. That is a little special.

Nat, Hope Lane has a great day at school. JackieO lived very close to NO. I think I have her cell number somewhere and will look for it and call her.
Toni, I laughed when you said your house looks like a junkyard. Saturday I was watching clean sweep (one of those makeover shows). This ladies how was worse than a junkyard. At least you collect nice things.

Ken, maybe Jr is waiting for your anniversary. I didn't think Drs. let you go long over your due date now. When I had kids you could go 2-3 weeks before they started inducing. Good luck and keep us posted.

Laurie, I'm so glad you are ok. We were so worried. Can't wait to hear from you in length.

Have a great day. Be back later.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:03 AM   #17  

Monet & BOb

In June of 2003, Deb sent out a list of email address and phone numbers of members that wanted to share this info. I have it printed off, but do not have the email anymore. My scanner is not working but I can compile a new list if you all need these.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:14 AM   #18  

Hey All, I'm so glad everyone is ok!! We went to Lula Georgia over the weekend to visit friends. I really wanted to stay home because of the gas prices, but Travis was determined. So I'm going to try not to drive much the rest of the week to make up for it. We had a wonderful time.

So now I'm dying to move out to the country. I love living in the city, but I want a garden, and chickens and a goat. I know! I'm crazy!! BUt who else do you know that lives downtown in a major city but spins their own yarn, makes their own bread.... I was born ofr the country

Jake, Selah and I are all getting sick. My lungs hurt, and I was sick all night. I feel better this morning. Jake is very congested and whiney. He also cut tooth #2 over the weekend. Thank God it's through!

I am invited to a wedding next month, and there will be some people there that I haven't seen in years. One of them is an X boyfriend that I haven't seen since 3 days before trav and I got married. (almost 5 years). I don't know if I really want to go because of him. I'm really embarased about my weight. Is that totally stupid. I would love to say I don't care what he thinks,but I just don't want him thinking 'Thank Gods I'm not stick with that one.' Although, that's about how I feel about him. I would have been miserable! So...... Do I use it as motivation to get my butt moving, and to get over the 'I hope I don't run into James' that I've thought a million times over the past 5 years. Or do I jsut not go and not deal with it at all.

Anyweay. I'm going to get the kids dressed and go for a bit of a walk. Maybe I will feel better.

Monet- You are such a social butterfly..

Heart- I'm so glad you are all ok!!!!

Pancho- I am so sorry about your parents. I pray that one day they realize that they are missing out on so much. God can restore any relationship. Don't give up and get bitter. Just remember who you are. You are wonderful. for your DH. You deserve it.

Gator- Sounds like such a fun weekend!
Old 09-06-2005, 09:54 AM   #19  

Here is a reminder- If you would not mind, send me a private message with your contact info so we have emergency contact info. If you fall off the face of the earth, quit posting, expect me to call you!

Is anyone interested in trying to plan a get together? I of course, think we should meet in Atlanta, and go see Julia's baby!

JACKIE: Thanks for the reminder...I went and looked and I DO have the old phone tree list. Unfortunately, most of the numbers are probably no good anymore. Like Heartmom has moved, so I don't know if it is the same, Talitha's numbers have changed, etc. It does have a number of good ones on it though.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:03 AM   #20  

GATOR: I just had a horribly realization....isn't it the 28th that you will be here? If so, it is a Wednesday, and I have to teach from 9 until 3! Maybe I can come down after school? What does the rest of your schedule look like?
Old 09-06-2005, 10:54 AM   #21  

Monet,
Maybe you can help me.
I know you visit another low carb board. I need the nutrition info on the Atkins frozen pizzas. A low carb store still carried them but they were sold individually instead of in the box so there was no info on carbs, calories, etc. Any idea how I can find it? I have been to many Atkins websites and cannot find the pizzas.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:27 AM   #22  

Good morning all. Got to get ready soon for my haircut appointment. Kind of glad the week end is over. I've come to the conclusion I'm lazy. I got nothing done over the week end.

Julia- I'm so glad you're doing okay. I'm so excited for you. Can't wait for you to have that baby.

Bob- Thanks for posting the link. I'm so happy everyone is alright.

Gator- I just loved your post. I laughed so hard at your eating. I've felt just like that at times. It would be so hard to go to all the lunches and dinners and stay legal.

Monet- Good luck with your teaching tomorrow. I know you're going to do good.

Jack-K- You have to just be retaining fluid. I hope you drop some lbs. soon.

Talitha- I hope you all get well soon and its not to bad a bug. Just go to that wedding and have a good time. I've stayed home to long just because of my weight and I'm sure sorry I did.

Okay got to go.......
Old 09-06-2005, 12:11 PM   #23  

JACKIE: I will ask over on LCC. Someone might have the info. I will let you know.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #24  
Little Engine That Could

Monet--I arrive in Atlanta at 4 pm. on tuesday and we come back to Orlando on Thursday around 1 pm. Wednesday is pretty much the main day I have in the "big city". We are staying at the Hyatt in Buckhead. where do you live in relation to there? Far? I know the traffic can be miserable in Atlanta. The only thing on my schedule is that we are having dinner with my DH's cousin either Tuesday or Wed. night. They are gourmets, so will want to go to some "foodie" restaurant. Other than that, I have no plans. I'll pm you with my phone #.

Thanks, Jackie, for some ideas for coping with a malestrom of food. Maybe pita chips and hummus would work. Although hummus is not particularly low cal. If the raspberries are tasting good, perhaps a box of raspberries to eat would be decadent enough! That would probably do the trick. That would be an indulgence that would not sabotage my eating. Again, I'll have to check my recipe books fo some lower calorie nibbles. I've also thought about changing my grace we say before we eat. Normally, we pray for a variety of people and things, but the simple "Bless this food to my use and me to your service" certainly would focus my mind on whether what I'm eating will be of good use to my body to be better equipped to be of service to Him. I wonder if the Lord blesses me with good health if I eat "junk" food??!! LOL

Talitha--If I were you, I'd probably let this wedding thing be something to spur me on to work hard at reaching my goal. This certainly crystalizes for us all how our weight so often dictates what we do or do not do. Sometimes that extra weight is like a little prison that limits what we feel free to do. So yes, I vote that you use it as "motivation to get [your] butt moving." Besides, with a pretty dress and only 30 pounds or so above your desired weight, you'll look great!

Toni--Hope your haircut tourns out just the way you want it. I'm trying to let my hair grow out a little, and it is a MESS right now.

Pancho--Hi.

Food today so far:
B. 48 gms. shredded wheat 'n bran with 3/4 peach and sk. milk.
L. 1 can field peas cooked with vidalia onion and 1 slice of crisp bacon. I know that this is too much "starch" but I can handle it calorie wise, and it was just exactly what I wanted. It was soooo good.
D. will be tilapia papiotte, (cooked in parchment paper) with fennel, tomato and onion. Green veggies, squash.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:54 PM   #25  

GATOR: When you know which night you are gourmetting it with the cousin, let me know. I am sure I can talk Tom into a trip to Buckhead the other night. We live outside the perimeter (OTP!) probably 20 to 30 miles away from the Hyatt.

I am working on lesson plans for tomorrow, and obsessing over it. There is so much I can do, I just can't decide where to start!
Old 09-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #26  

I found JackieO's cell # so I will give her a call a little later. Hope they have service wherever she is.

Heading home soon. It has been so boring today. Things need to pick up.

Toni, I have found the older I get, the lazier I get. Guess I'm wearing out. Hope you like your new haircut.

Talitha, hope you and the kiddies feel better soon. Go to the wedding. Let it be a motivational tool, but even ifyou don't lose you need to go. Plus at 175 you aren't obese and with the right outfit, you will be a knockout. Let the ex-boyfriend eat his heart out.

Gator, that wouldn't do it for me. My biggest weakness is salty things. Like the nachos. Fruit would not satisfy me at all. I would have to pray that I choked on the food.

Monet, I'm sure the kids will love you and you will teach them so much. Anything you decide on will be great.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:38 PM   #27  

Jack-k- You make me laugh!!!!
Old 09-06-2005, 05:13 PM   #28  

HOWDY GIRLFRIENDS!!

Today has been a better day for me; I am starting to pull myself together, and realizing that life is just what it is, and I am in control of myself (my happiness, grief, boredom, sadness, etc...), and most other things are out of my control. I will do whatever I can to help others and be a good person/christian. We donated $100 to the hurricane relief fund, but I was still feeling like I should be doing something else. We are housing some of the evacuees here in Phoenix, so I will try to get some stuff together to donate for them while they are here. I can't dwell on this "crap" with my family, so I am going to let it go. I know, in my heart, that I have done all I can, and that is all I can do. The ball is now in their court, and they choose to just let it sit. I am going to be happy and enjoy all of life's other blessings!!

My eating has been good so far today: BF: bowl of cheerios w/ blueberries & soy milk, Lunch: Wendy's chili w/ salad and flax chips. I will be eating some fruit soon. Dinner will be a beef stir-fry. I also had a mini snack size peanut M&M's...ooops!

I dropped Lane off for her first day of preschool, and then went to the gym. I got a good workout in. I have worn my heart rate monitor the past few times I've gone to the gym, and was pleasantly surprised to see that I typically burn between 400-500 calories per workout. I burned 419 last time, and 470 today.

I plan to go on Thursday again, and will walk/run the track on Friday while Lane is in tumbling, and go to the gym again Saturday (that will be 4 days this week).

Monet: Wow, you are doing AWESOME with your steps! Thanks for the kind words; you are all so great here!!

Toni: I just got my hair cut on Saturday, so I know how you feel; it had been about 10 weeks for me, and I looked like a mangy mutt. I'm sure you are feeling more light headed now, eh? Thanks for the kind words; I'm doing better today.

Ken: It is always so nice to see your posts. I CANNOT believe that you are at your due date already. Wow, where does the time go? Thanks for the nice things you said. I agree...I have done everything within my power to mend the relationship with my parents. I am going to let it go.

Gator: Thanks for worrying about me. My heart is still broken, and I get angry when I hear everyone turning this into a racist ordeal, and pointing fingers, trying to find someone to blame. It was a terrible, catastrophic force of nature, and we need to pull together, instead of letting it tear us all apart. Granted, a lot can be learned from this (how to handle such a disaster down the road), but enough is enough. I hope you see that all time low again soon. 20,000 steps??? THAT IS AWESOME. If you keep that up, you will pass that low right up.

Heart: SO HAPPY TO SEE YOUR POST!! I HOPE YOUR POWER IS RESTORED SOON, AND THAT YOU ARE ALL HANGING IN THERE!

Jack: I am sure the scale will go back down. You are probably holding on to some of that sodium. Good to see you back and posting.

Talitha: I am glad you enjoyed your weekend away. I hope you all feel better soon. Britt has a chest cold, and I got a little bit of it going on too. HMMMMM... what a dilemma on the wedding. I would have to say that you have a pretty young baby, and women tend to gain weight when they are pregnant. I think I would want "him" to see me happy and married with two beautiful children. Thanks for the kind words....I can only sit back and wait now and see what happens with my parents. I made my final effort on my dad's birthday (August 19). I called his work cell phone and told him that I loved him and that I missed "them," and that I would love to work things out. They never called me back. I have to put it behind me, and learn to deal with the loss now. I am going to tell my children that they moved out of town, and then I don't have to go into any of the details with my kids when Thanksgiving rolls around, or Grandparent's Day at school, and their grandparents aren't around.

Well, I gotta get some stuff done around here.

Have a great rest of the day!

Take care,
Nat
Old 09-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #29  

Monet, I just sent ya a PM with the phone tree list that Deb had compiled that Jack-k was talking about. Hope it helps!

Mel. nice to hear from you! Hope you have a great BD Thursday!!!!
Old 09-06-2005, 07:16 PM   #30  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GREAT IDEA TO HAVE A LIST OF TELEPHONE NUMBERS. WE ALL SHOULD HAVE A COPY. JACKIE, LET'S GET THIS GOING. HOW DO YOU WANT TO DO IT? EMAIL? I DON'T HAVE THE LIST , BUT WOULD WANT TO HAVE IT. I'LL EMAIL YOU MY INFO, AND IF EVERYONE ELSE WOULD DO THE SAME, WE COULD ALL HAVE WHAT WE NEED.

LAURIE....THANK GAWD YOU AND YOURS ARE OK. I WAS SO WORRIED WHEN I SAW THE PATH THAT THE STORM TOOK. HERE'S A BIG OLE DID YOU GET ANY DAMAGE FROM THE WIND?

Jackie..were you able to contact JACKIEO????? Girlfriend....I thought THE CATS PLAYED WONDERFUL!!!!! and yes, LOUISVILLE WAS NOT ALL THAT!!!! My GUYS WON, BUT COULD HAVE DONE BETTER!!!! We can only hope that both teams pump up for future games!!!

I'm getting ready to fire off an email to SHIRLEY to see how she is. SLIDELL is pretty much destroyed and I'm afraid her house will be gone. I'll let y'all know when I hear from her. Also, I'll call Missy again to see how they are doing.

GATOR....CONGRATS on the game....MY GUYS ARE RESTING UP SO THEY CAN SWIM INTO THE SWAMP!!!! Not sure if I'll be there, BUT....If I do, I'll let you know in advance so we can meet up before the game!

MEL.....COME BACK....WE MISS YOU!!!!!

MELF....EMAIL me as well with the telephone numbers...Saw another clip from Hammond...how are your friends...have you heard from them?

TALITHA...you go to that wedding and hold your head up high....You've got nothing to be ashamed of...we all change through the years...

TONI....

SUSAN....WHERE ARE YOU??????

I'm off to get some things done....I'll check in later!

BOB
Closed Thread