Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How long have you been following Sugar Busters?
I haven't started yet, but plan to do so soon. 1 4.76%
0-1 month 4 19.05%
2-3 months 3 14.29%
4-5 months 4 19.05%
6-7 months 1 4.76%
8-9 months 3 14.29%
10-11 months 1 4.76%
A year or longer 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 06:13 PM   #61  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Just wanted to post this item again, I posted it oh so long ago, but it's really worth reading over again, esp for those of you who say, I just lost 1 pound!

[b]Just One Pound[b]

Hello, do you know me? If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I
add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please. So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." ( as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!
Old 06-13-2001, 07:09 PM   #62  

Default Wonderful WIW (Let's hope I say that next week!)

HAPPY DANCE IN EFFECT!!!

I am down 4 pounds from last week to 148.5. I have seen a trend in that I gain 2 weeks before TOM, then see a loss the week that I am supposed to start. HMMM.

WELCOME NEWBIES!!

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE?!!!

Due to the success of Frog Lover, I have inspired a friend and her SIL to start SB and she is interested in 3FC! While that is certainly good news, I will be forced to stop talking about Spewer because my friend and her SIL are part of the "Ladies' Group." Furthermore, my friend's sister is Spewer's best friend. To make things MORE complicated, my friend and I are the closest buds in the entire group! So, this is the last week that I will be posting stories about her until I feel certain that he coast is clear.

I want to get together to meet (ala Las Vegas), but I agree with Viv in that I have concerns about getting to the west coast. I also the spa idea, but that can get pricier than the plane fair to LV + hotel. What are a group of Chicks to do? Perhaps it would be good to submit some estimated costs and/or generate lists of people who are willing to room together to reduce expenses, etc.

Well, gotta go eat a little din-din. Congrats to all you losers!

Peace,
Frog

190/148.5/130
(41.5 down! 18.5 to go!)
Old 06-13-2001, 07:22 PM   #63  

Hi everyone I finally have some time to post today.

Well since Deb posted that nice little note about 1lb I will not say "I only lost one pound this week" I am hoping it was because it is that TOM. Did any of you notice once you had been on SB a while that you find yourself not so hungry. I am having the hardest time keeping my calories up. Today so far I have only been able to get down a plum and a chicken breast. I am hoping for dinner tonight I will be hungry and not just have a few bites and then push it away.

I found another place to enter your food and exercise my.webmd.com it is great I set up my profile with my weight and so forth and it told me just how many calories I need to take in everyday to be losing 1.5 a week and with exercise it tells you how much you are burning in calories.

It was really nice chatting with those of you in chat last night and plan on doing it again next week. Well gotta run and finish up a few things before I go home tonight.
Old 06-13-2001, 08:06 PM   #64  

Hello Ladies!

Well I have to say that I stayed the same this week. AND..... I cheated tonight. I went out to eat and had a cheesburger on wheat toast, but...I had about 5 french fries too. BAD, BAD!!

I have also been reflecting on my life as it has progressed so far. I have for years beens saying....."When I am thin, I will do ..."! Or "When I am thin I will be this...."! Well, I am going to live for today and stop waiting until "I'm thin". Tomorrow may not come and I will have wasted today. So, here I am "living it up" BUT trying to get healthy at the same time.

Deb: I say GO FOR IT! I think you would look great as a blond.

Kim: Thanks for the card.

I am back to walking. Have walked every day since last Wednesday. It's hotter than heck out there too. There is an exercise room here also, I am thinking of going to use the equipment there 3 days a week. I am trying to get up the nerve to go to the swimming pool too (it's across the street). I love to swim.

Happy to see so many losses. You all are awsome.

Cheri
287/268/145
Old 06-13-2001, 08:09 PM   #65  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Smile WOOHOO!!!

BOB LOST FOUR POUNDS....4LBS.....64 OZS....!!!!!!

OH, BOB IS HAPPY!!!! ALMOST AS HAPPY AS SHE WILL BE IN SEPTEMBER WHEN TENNESSEE BEATS FLORIDA!!!!!
Old 06-13-2001, 08:59 PM   #66  

Default GOOOOOOO BOB

BOB - I am really doing the happy dance for you..see
Old 06-13-2001, 09:06 PM   #67  

Default FROGGGGGGGG.....

Way to go for you too!!!!!!! I am gonna do a Happy Dance for you as well!!!!
Old 06-13-2001, 09:15 PM   #68  

DEB---It’s Wednesday evening and I JUST read that you reached goal. WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! That has to be so exciting for you. I know I’m just peeing my pants about it on this end. Tell the truth . . . did you do the happy dance and scream and shout? It’s good that you showed Eli. He’s been with you every step of the way. Did you think that I was ignoring your big day? I sure hope not. What a day to not be able to get on the board!!! Anyways, so happy that you’ve seen the magic number. You are an inspiration to me in so many ways. Thanks, girl. Hope you are spending the week giving yourself proper celebrations in honor of the big 129!!!!

NANCE---I LOVED A YEAR IN PROVENCE!!!!! It was so well done and so funny and just so everything!!! Yes, I saw both Emma’s, but it’s been a while since then. I also have Sense and LOVE it. Would you believe that I wouldn’t see Titanic because I couldn’t stand Kate Winslow in Sense??? It was more like I hated the character she played . . .the evil self-obsessed sister. Sometimes I think Emma Thompson IS Jane Austin reincarnated.

SOL---Thanks for you added advice about the “mystery.” I agree that he blew me off, but there wasn’t much I could do at the moment. With what’s been going on around here lately, you’d think they’d be bending over backwards to make a good showing. Anyways, I’ll keep my ear to the ground and keep scanning the paper for something. Also, I’ve never had any luck with daisies. I have had shasta daisies as long as I’ve had ground to plant them and they NEVER do any good. I just don’t think my ground is good enough for them. Right now I think I’ve got about 3 poopy looking blooms out there. Just waiting for a good wind to come along to blow all the petals off. I hope you find things to put in your yard. My niece planted lantana down there. It’s an annual up here, but I think she said it comes back down there. You can get that in all sorts of colors. I wonder how clematis would do in FL. What I absolutely love but don’t have are echinacea (aka purple coneflowers). They are wonderful and great to cut and put in vases. Thanks for the tip about sweeping being a deterrent to the underarm wave. I’ll try it.

FROG---I’m sorry I forgot your birthday!!! Feel like a real reject for doing that. However, I want to congratulate you on getting to make the big move. That had to be a wonderful birthday present. I so envy you. Way to go!!!!!

Well, gals, some EVIL, EVIL person brought a bucket (no exaggeration) of white choc covered pretzels into the office. I ate them and I ate them and I ate them. Needless to say . . . I’m terribly upset with myself and ashamed to confess but that’s part of being on this board. We have to be true to each other. I couldn’t hold my head up with you all if I didn’t come clean. So there you have it. Tomorrow, I will be writing down everything I eat and will be posting it tomorrow night. So please, let me have it (gently of course) if I waver. I need to get back to 100% and I need your help to get there. Thanks to all of you. I’ll get caught up with the posts tomorrow night. Sorry, I know I missed a bunch of you, but I’m running out of time. See you on the flip side. Here’s to a new day and a new attitude about eating!!!
Take care.
Kim
Old 06-13-2001, 09:17 PM   #69  
karen3000

Way to go to all the losers this week! I'm up a bit, but I'm not surprised. Eating too much SF ice cream. It truly is a weakness of mine. In the summer when it gets hot and muggy I could live on ice cream or sherbert. Does anyone know if they make a SF sherbert? I don't recall that I have ever seen any. Can you believe it, a week ago I had the heat on and yesterday I put the AC on!!!! We say just wait 5 minutes and the weather will change, and it sure does!

Welcome to the newbies! Glad to have you with us. There's a terrific group of people here who are more than happy to answer questions and give you support.

We are planning a camping trip this weekend--the traditional father's day trip to a campground that does a pig roast Sat. night. It's soooo good. We are supposed to have strong storms tomorrow night, so we won't leave until Fri. early a.m. The weekend is supposed to be nice. Have a great weekend everyone!

Karen

Old 06-13-2001, 09:18 PM   #70  
Everyday angel

[size=huge]154!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

1 pound from two weeks ago...while this may not sound like much, I've been very much stalled so I'm happy to have reached a new low. I had to get on the scale twice because I didn't believe it!

Great to hear all the good news!

Chris

164/154/139
Old 06-13-2001, 09:23 PM   #71  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All

Ready to call it a night soon, so thought I'd get on here and post first.

Eating like a pig today, all OP of course, but too much of everything. TOM is due in the next 3 days, so that's maybe why. Didn't journal my food today, getting sloppy, will do better tomorrow.

FROG, WOO HOO!!! WOW, that's a wonderful loss! And it's a great milestone-under 150 now!!! Another milestone, less than 20 to go!!! HAPPY DANCING FOR YOU!!!! As we will miss the sagas of Spewer, we'll just have to close the chapter of that book, oh well, you can always e-mail us a good story! Vegas really shouldn't be too much, esp that time of year, it's not busy for them and the rates are usually low. I know that from Miami you can do 3 days/2 nights for $199, sometimes $169, in nice hotels as well. That's pretty cheap. I personally cannot afford it, but I am hoping Mom comes through with her usual monetary gift so I can use it to go there. I know not everyone can go, but if it's feasible and you want to go, please, do try It would be a blast!

TIGGER, CONGRATS on your 1lb Many people have trouble with eating enough, and yes, it's very common to not have much of an appetite. Do try to keep track and find ways to make sure you do eat enough, otherwise you aren't going to lose. Make sure you eat enough and you will see the scale go down, chicken and a plum are just not going to cut it

CHERI, don't worry about staying the same, it's sure better than a gain. And the burger and fries, just chalk that up to a special birthday dinner! I like your new attitude, live for the moment, not for the future!

BOB, you go girl! CONGRATS! 4-quatro pounds, that's wonderful, so I guess you are steering that wagon in the right direction now!! Oh, and I love the scale gif-had to steal that one to put in my files

AMSER, didn't know you were such a good dancer!!

QUILTER, thanks again for the congrats and for the nice chat tonight. Of course, I would NEVER think you were ignoring me!!! No, I didn't scream in shout, just stepped on the scale about 20 times to make sure! Remember, tomorrow is a new day!!!!

KAREN, do try to be careful with the SF Ice Cream, too much of a good thing can be dangerous! If it has maltodextrin in it, that may be causing you to be up, seems to do that to me. Where do you go camping? How are you going to do your food to stay OP??

SPARKLE, CONGRATS! A pound is NOTHING to roll your eyes at, I'd take 1 any day!!!!

Again, a reminder, TOMORROW IS RECIPE DAY Any special requests????

Lets see if I sleep in tomorrow or wake up early and walk, with the kids out of school, who knows.

NITE!

Debbie
194/129/129
SB since 3/22/00

Last edited by Debelli; 06-13-2001 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-13-2001, 10:16 PM   #72  

Default Trying to catch up.....

Dear friends,

I am going to respond back to most of this weeks posts as best I can. There has been certain events that I don't want to overlook.
Before I do, I did want to share my lab results.....

6/6/01 - cholestrol 211
tryglycerides 245

12/12/00 - cholestrol 233
triglycerides 328

Even though both improved, I was hoping for numbers to be a little bit lower The Dr said he isn't concerned, but that if my numbers are still high when I am 45, then he may want to put me on meds!!!!!!! I better start going steady with the ol TM!!!!!
I will say, it has been a struggle for me to get on TM 2 -3 times a week. I got on TM four times in a week, 5/14-5/18. That was the first and last time I had done that since 3/29. The past month though, I have been doing ALOT of yard & garden work too, and I really had to pace this bod of mine. For this 38 yo body, it's been put through the wringer a couple times. Adhesives from abdominal surgeries will always remind I they are there when I have pushed it to the limit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starchaser - {{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}} Lots of hugs to you losing dear Bogart. I am also one of those people that doesn't look at my pets as animals, but as my children. We all are here for you when you have rough times while you deal with him being gone. Just remember, in body he isn't here, but just look into your heart and you will feel the warmth and love you always got from him. You will always have that. I too battle with depression from time to time, so I can understand how all you have been dealt with recently can do a number on you. Just take each day as it comes, and you will begin to feel the sun shine for you. I am thankful your house was not harmed. Please keep all of us informed on your foot, any WOE issues, and how you are feeling over all.

Sef - Thanks for the information on swimming for exercising. I will have to get a good workout next time I am at IL's.

UFgirl - Big welcome to the board. Sounds like you have gotten off to a good start since last Friday. I know you will like it here. You can really learn alot, not to mention pick up some educational Jewish terms as well

Iceskatefan - Good luck with the truckers and construction workers

Viv, dahling - It's good to see you posting again. I am sorry that work is getting to you a bit. Then thinking about the arrival of the ILs probably doesn't help either, huh??? Keep reminding yourself that it is for just a couple of days ( I hope ), then you will have your serenity back in your humble adobe.

Ralynne99 - Welcome to the board. I am sure you will get lots of great advice from the working moms on the board.

Deb - Ok, no I am not lazy, really.... ny garden is planted on the lot next door, which is owned by my family. Sometimes I walk over to it, when I am just watering ( which I haven't had to do that in over a week!!! ). But when I am gonna pull weeds, I usually ride the golf cart, and bring my water along, Beau, and I carry my tools of the trade in the little "flatbed" that's on my golf cart. Thanks for mentioning to let you know about my labs Every day, after I read how you walked in the heat and humidity, I give you a virtual pat on the back. At the same time, I do worry you won't pass out, fall in the street to be run over by some lunatic.......PLEASE BE CAREFUL as the summer gets brutal.

Kim - Soooooo, you indulged in some yummy white choc covered pretzels. GET OVER IT!!!!!!!! You are human, and a VERY SWEET one at that. We all know that there is only ONE perfect person on this board.....THE SUPERCHICK, herself!!!!!!! Oh.... and re-read the quote at the bottom of my post, my dear friend.

Karen - Have a great time on your camping trip this weekend. My version of camping consists of staying in my IL's motorhome equipted w/a bathroom and good ol' AC!!!!!!

Well, I think I will wrap up this post. I know I may have overlooked some posts.... I didn't go back to the beginning of the week. I am thinking of everyone, though. I am thankful for all of you and the wisdom you all share. Sweet dreams, ladies....

Deb - cute gif, but heres one you really need!!!!
Old 06-13-2001, 10:17 PM   #73  
sef

GATORGAL - Thanx for the help. I will have to try it out and see what I come up with. Deb also sent me some info. Everyone is so nice here!

NANCE - Would like to take the credit for the kickboard tip, but I can't! It was VIV. She deserves the credit.

ICESKATE - Sounds like you are enjoying the conference. Are the three of you sharing a room? Supposed to be safety in numbers. I can sing in rhythm but can not transfer that rhythm to my feet!!!! Would love to learn dances. As a teenager, I took ballroom dancing but was not good.

VIV - You need to take a deeeeeeeeeep breath, put on a smile and say the "h---- with it all; like Popeye, I am what I am". You have things in order, so let the inlaws and chips fall where they may! And make some time for you, YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!

UFGIRL - Welcome. I have not been here long, but have found everytone to be friendly and helpful. Enjoy your sisiter's visit. Are you going to hang out for the summer or do you have plans?

Oh! Before I forget!! (Remember the age factor!!) I was in Winn Dixie this morning and read the labels on the sausage I was telling you about. The sausage is a Winn Dixie brand. I looked for one of those "made for......by...." and there was none. If
you have a Winn Dixie I would ask the manager, The corporate office is in Jacksonville, Fla.

RALYNNE99 - Welcome to the board. You'll find a great group that is very supportive!

SERAPHIM - Hooray!! One pound at a time, but hey it's going not coming! Hope all went well with the internist! Where were you? On the back forty? You need a golf cart? I'm impressed!

FROG - Wonderful! Wonderful! 4# is Wonderful! Will miss your spewer stories. She is so annoying but good for a laugh in the telling, or at least in the way you tell it!

TIGGER - Now that you mention it, I have noticed that I am not as hungry as I was. Never gave it much thought. Of course, I haven't reached the point where a plum and chicken breast do it!

CHERI45 - I like your philosophy. Live for today, tomorrow may never come, is right! I'm not ready to be seen in public in a swimsuit. Thank God we have our little pool.

BOB - Love the cartoon! I don't think your scale is complaining so much!

QUILTER - Hey! He who is without sin can cast the first stone. I couldn't pick up one to throw as I've been there, done that. So have others. Just have o pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again!! (I often talk in song.) Will answer your letter. Today is NH day and try to save the things that were in
the garage fridge day, when itdecided it couldn't keep up with our LA heat! So I've been chopping, dicing and cooking all afternoon.

KAREN3000 - I too love sherbet if you find any let me know! Enjoy camping trip! Me I want room service!

SPARKLE - We all say the same thing! But at least it's a down number and not an up one!

DEB - I am going to try to remember the words of wisdom on that 1 POUND! we all gripe about!

Gee I did them all I think.

Such a busy day. Am going to put my feet up and start a new cross stitch project.

Nite all!
Old 06-13-2001, 10:40 PM   #74  

Default Message for QUILTER

[FONT=arial]QUILTER

Here is your tongue lashing from FROG! (I'll try to go gentle! )

Now I know that a coworker brought those yummy chocolate covered pretzels into the office and that they were tempting, however... GIRL! Where is your "won't" power?!? Someone else may have been repsonsible for bringing them in there, but only you are responsible for putting them in your mouth. And to think that you ate more then one, forshame!!

I am not one of those people to offer criticism, even when solicited without offering some advice to go along with it, so here it is... WALK AWAY FROM THAT STUFF! If you are tempted by it, don't go near where it is, stay outta that break room! If you can't avoid the location, picture it as a container of "Frog's X-Tra Toxic RAT POISON!" I pictured all those sweets as beautifully done trays of poison, because sugar and white flower do just that to me, they poison me! They make me sick, they are toxic to my system and have a lasting, permanent, disabling effect! That is what got me through the holidays. Tell yourself that you are strong, that you don't NEED those worthless temptations and don't allow others to participate in sabotaging your diet! Got it? Good! Now go out there and be strong!!!

Hope that helps get you whipped back into shape.

Peace,
Frog
Old 06-14-2001, 12:35 AM   #75  

WHOO HOO to all the "losers" this week. I just want you all to know that I think I know where is is going...on me!!! I havebeen trying to stay OP, but I have to admit...when they put food in front of you...you eat it. MOst of the lunches are salads, but the deserts are HARD to resist...pecan pie...Now, who can resist that when it placed in front of you

For the past three nights we have seen a police car parked at the front of the hote. That has given us a two-fold feeling...one, we feel a little safer knowing that he is there, but two...what kind of place has to have a police car parked in front of it

Congrats to all of you who had such great losses this week.

Gator and anyone else interested in gators: check out this site:

http://www.gatorsonthegeaux.com/gatorvision.htm

Closed Thread