Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Would you like to change weigh in day?
Yes, to Monday 4 30.77%
Yes, to Friday 0 0%
Yes, but another day 0 0%
No, keep it on Wednesday 1 7.69%
It doesn't matter to me, whatever everyone else wants! 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 09:57 PM   #91  
Little Engine That Could

Mmmm, Monet. Well, ummmm, I asked my Mmmmetal Mmmonster and it said that it definitely, mmm, loved Metal Monster Monday. For those of us with good news from the scale, though, it might not be such a monster. However, I do like the MMM.!!

Food today:
Breakfast: Shredded wheat n bran with one nectarine and 1/2 cup skimmed milk.
Lunch: Applebee's grilled chicken sandwich with no-fat cheese and tomato, lettuce and onion, with some kind of sauce, on what was pretending to be a WW bun. Fresh fruit of Strawberry and pineapple.
Dinner: Large green salad with fresh veggies in it. Lo cal dressing. 5 oz. shrimp grilled on the BBQ. 15 cherries. 1 small piece of 70% chocolate.

I got about 14000 steps today. My DH and I went for a walk after dinner. Tomorrow I go to the farmers' market and I hope to buy some homegrown tomatoes and other in-season vegetables. Will also take a walk in the little village of Winter Park and get in some steps. My DH is playing golf.

Our new temper-pedic bed will be here the middle of next week. So I will be arranging to borrow a pump on Wednesday so that we can pump all the H2O out of our water bed on Thursday morning so that they can move it on Thursday when they set up our new bed. I hope we like the new mattress as much as we think we will. We laid on it for almost a half an hour in the store. I'm enjoying my new memory foam pillow.

Mary--Remember when we got together here for lunch at Applebee's when you were in town. I think you and your husband, and maybe someone else were here and I had lunch with you. You looked so great. It's hard to imagine that you have put on any weight as you looked so athletic then. And it hasn't been THAT long ago. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

BOB--Are you listening to us???!!! Take those vitamins and we mean it! And wash those hands.

Pancho--Monet is right. I think the drug companies have a deal with the doctors and that is why they prescribe Lipitor or whatever at the drop of a hat. There was a fascinating article about how the drug companies enlist the services of doctors to "push" their brand of meds and how much the doctors get paid for doing so. The article was on the front page of one of today's Wall Street Journal. Anyway, both the holistic doctors that I have gone to say that high cholesterol is not necessarily bad, and that MD.s just make too much of a deal about it. Most of the time the high number comes through heredity. My mother's is 300 something and she is 85, think as a rail, and healthy as an ox.

Well, am gonna go keep my DH company in front of the TV.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:45 PM   #92  

Good evening,

I just finished watching $40-a-day on Food Network and actually felt much hungrier after the show...lol. Anyway, I have 1 hr to spend before 11 pm comes. I am going to watch the new season of Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis and also record them for dh as well. Dh and I are Stargate SG-1 fans, never thought I will love that sci-fi show, it was all dh's fault

Eating was pretty good today and I even resisted having ice-cream at a creamery store today while getting Jess her treat. She had a kiddy cone and I did taste the ice-cream and resisted on getting a small cup for myself, even when they have sf ice-cream made with Splenda. I was so proud When we came home, I had to dig into my cold fruit salad immediately...yumm, so refreshing...lol.

Some replies :

PANCHO : You had no idea how messy my garage is. Garage is meant for cars not things....lol. We have a 3 car garage and 2 cars but yet only manage to park 1 car, what's wrong with that picture?? lol. Dh put so many of his stuff in the garage and it really looked so messy. When our friends from Miami came to visit, we actually cleared out the garage and can almost park dh car in but had few lumbers to take care of first. Since the guests left, the garage started to fill up slowly again and I don't want it to. I want to organize it and park dh's car inside the garage while leaving some space for storage. I need to take action now before it fills up and there are too many stuff to clear out...lol. After we cleared out the garage, I can actually see the nice walls in my garage and I loved it..lol. I want my walls...lol. I would love to find a swimming instructor that would work with Jess's fear and ease her into the next step whenever she is ready and not treat her like she is the same as anyone. At Jess's Kindermusik class, her teacher and I spoke about a swimming instructor she heard that would throw young kids into the pool and let them struggle to the surface (with careful monitoring) and she said the instructor has great success with many kids. I know it will probably work but I don't care for that kind of success if Jess would be tramatized. She is doing so much better now than when we first started to swim. Now, she would even splash her face, blow bubbles and let her nose get wet but something about going under the water scares her and I totally understand. As big as I am now, I am not very comfortable going underwater. I usually take a little while before I get comfortable and then, I can swim at ease but I still have my fears.

MONET : Which mountains are you guys heading to? GA mountains?? My church has our annual family trip at Vogel State Park, have you been there?

BOB : I second what everyone "command" you to do, eat your vitamins, wash your hands (lots) and take lots of rest as well. I will keep you in my prayers. Junior is due in Sept 7 but I feel like he wants to come out now and start to crawl...lol. He is so strong and so active that I fear he would be such an energizer bunny and I thought Jess was active...lol.

HEART : You are doing great...keep up the good work. I do not have a degree either but maybe someday I will get one if I can figure out what I really want to study...lol.

PANCHO (2nd message) : I am so sorry about your tests result. I am sure it must be very frustrating. That is strange because you had good results previously with the same kind of food, good exercise etc. I wonder if they made a mistake??

GATOR : Isn't it nice to get new shorts/clothes because the old ones do not fit anymore? WTG!

MELF : I will keep you in my prayers as well. Hope your get some relief for your back and a speedy recovery for your shoulder.

That's for tonight....Junior is kicking me like crazy. Guess he doesn't like it when I spend too much time on the computer...lol. See ya tomorrow. Night..

Julia

Last edited by kengjw; 07-15-2005 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:01 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Me again. We ate out tonight. I wanted Barnhill's because I've been craving veggies and I could load up there. But I was outvoted and we ate Lapinata again. I kept it all legal, but this time I ate the beans. I was soooo hungry! I hope I don't show a gain on the scale. They put so much salt in those things. Last time I ate them, I was up a pound the next day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Good news is that I did stay legal. Next week I will be helping DH at work the whole week. He's doing a job that he can't afford to pay labor out, but still needs an extra set of hands. So guess I'm the lucky one. I have to get a babysitter for the kids next week, cause my parents both work and can't watch them. The lady that will keep them is going to charge me $20 a day(5 days)for the 2. So it will cost us a hundred for me to work, but will save a couple hundred still for not having to hire help. So I may be sparse next week with my posting. I've already started thinking about what I'm going to eat to stay OP. We'll eat bf before we leave in the morning and lunch will be at Foodmax where they usually serve some kind of meat with veggies and beans. So pretty much legal, I'll give my roll to hubby,lol. Supper will more than likely be something I can throw together quick when we get home, but will be legal!! The only thing I'm worried about is the lack of exercise. I won't be able to get my workouts in like I want. Hopefully, I'll burn enough calories staying active throughout the day to compensate for it. Oh yea, my heart support group(online) started talking about weight loss and stress eating, especially stress that comes with being a heart mommy, and we have formed a support group online for heart moms with eating or weight issues. So of course, I had to tell them all about SB and so forth. I'm starting to get questions, so we may get a couple of newbies here at this forum. Alright, goodnite!
Old 07-15-2005, 11:19 PM   #94  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Please excuse my typing if it looks like chicken scratch...the Doc gave me some heavy duty cough syrup and it has a narcotic in it. I'm drunk! Speech is slurred, stagering,
etc....but it's'working...for sure can't drive my car and take it!

GATOR.....what kind of vitamins do you reccomend? I've started takling B12 in hopes that I ca get some energy back. Have to pick up some Calcium/Mag tomorrow. bit I still need some vitamins! Keep in mind that I tried ONE A DAY for Women, but they made me sick....ADVIST PLEASE??
Yes, we've beem getting some pretty bad storms...today wae an exception...THEY ARE BRUTAL!!!

MONET...that should do wonders for your garden! I'm buying some greem tomates
tomorrow and fry them up. I KNOW...I KNOW...but I'm craving them!

MELF ..so sorry that you'e hving such a time...DO WHAT THE DOC SAYS!!!

LAURIE...Thanks for the update on Boogie. Got any current pictures of your MUNCKINS....

Well, Im taking m drunken *** to bed....I'll catch up withe everyone tomorrow...

BOB
Old 07-15-2005, 11:49 PM   #95  

BOB: You need to be taking Vitamin C - more than once a day. I recommend two 500's three times a day. (and don't waste your money on Ester C...any vitamin C works according to the Vitamin C foundation). I take Twin Lab Daily One caps without iron. They are one of the best multis on the market. They usually carry them at GNC. You need to be taking Echinachea. Get a standardized one. You take it three weeks, and lay off one. Read the label. Calcium Citrate is the best calcium, and they have it all over. Publix has it. I take a B complex, but I doubt I really need it. Chromium Picolinate is highly recommended for weight loss, so you might want to get some of it. Its cheap, and they have that at Publix too. L-Arginine is good for heart health, and L-Carnitine helps with fat metabolism. They should be taken on an empty stomach. And another very important supplement to take is Fish Oil, and the best brand of that is Carlson's. They carry it at Whole Foods. Its expensive, but it has had a remarkably good effect on my joints already, and my thinking has cleared as well. Its high in Omega threes, which are good for the brain, heart and joints. I know you asked Gail, but nutrition and supplementation is something I am toying with getting a degree in from an online naturopathic school...

KENG: We are heading up to Dick's Creek which is about 15 miles north of Dahlonega. I have been to Vogel many times. We have camped there, and rented a cabin there one summer with the family. Its a fun place! We also like to camp at Lake Winfield Scott, and have camped at DeSota Falls too. Tom tends towards being a mountain man! He is a member of the Applachian Trail Club, and goes on all kinds of hikes and such. North Georgia is a great area for scenic beauty and hiking and what not!

Ok, gotta go to bed...we are leaving early for the mountains, so I need my rest. I have to get up early and fix espresso and pack the lunch!
Old 07-16-2005, 09:26 AM   #96  

As usual, we are flutsing around and have not left yet. Its gray, overcast and there is a 60% chance of rain. Should we postpone? No way! AND, he wants to take the truck instead of my Camry, which would be MUCH more comfortable than his truck. I hope its a fun trip, cause I am feeling apprehensive about it now!

I will check in tonight!
Old 07-16-2005, 12:46 PM   #97  
Little Engine That Could

BOB--I agree with Monet on everything, except that I take 2 1000 mg tabs of vitamin C. With all the illness you have had, you might consider taking that much to help ward off all the colds, etc. you seem to get. I bought one of those vitamin/pill daily pill taker boxes at the drugstore and count out my vitamins once a week into the spaces. Then I take one vitamin C in the morning and one in the evening. Same for my others if I take more than one per day. I also recommend something called MSM plus glucosamine which is good for your joints. I know it seems like a lot when you have taken "One -A-Day" but you will get used to taking several pills at a sitting. Let us know how it goes.
The other thing I would definitely recommend as much as the vitamins is the washing hands bit. Keep Wet Wipes at your desk, and use them on your telephone, keyboard, drawer handles, etc. You have been sick so much that you are picking up those viruses or bacteria somewhere. Most of the time we get stuff by touching something contaminated and then transferring it, unwittingly, to our eyes or nose, and it then settles in to make us sick. I am even wary of touching elevator buttons and use my key or pencil to push it instead. And when you leave the restroom, take a paper towel to use to pull open the door. Just be aware of what you are touching, and then not touching your face anywhere.

My DH is playing golf this morning. Will be home about 2 I think. So I went to the farmers' market by myself and bought a plant of thyme, some sharp white cheddar, 2 boules (small round loaves) of WW sourdough bread, and some fresh eggplant which won't have those big bitter seeds in them. Also bought some avocados and had an avocado/tomato sandwich on WW pita when I got home. I was starving. I got about 3 miles of walking in to boot.

Julia--Every year for Mothers' Day, my gift is a clean garage. It has become a tradition, and my kids come over and my husband gives some supervision, and they clean out the garage so that we can get both cars in, and it actually looks pretty nice. Of course, there is a lot of throwing away of junk we have colleccted over the year. But we are prepared to get rid of enough stuff so that there are no piles of "stuff" along the sides in our garage. It's actually a very nice gift, because I get to sit out in the garage and watch, and we all talk and yak and have a good time.

Our bed came in and they will set it up Wed. I have to go buy a new dust ruffle because the one on our water bed frame will be too short for the new bed. Also, I'm considering getting an allergy type dust mite proof mattress cover but it looks like I will have to order it online, and it is $79, which is a lot of $$$$ !! Anyone have any experience with these?

Well, I'm gonna go. Want to get back from the store b/f my DH gets home.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:20 PM   #98  

Hello all. Have had the worst stress week ever. Our little boston terrier who's 13 has been very sick over the past 6 months. He's slowly been going down hill and yesterday evening we had to put him to sleep. And today bury him. We're very broken hearted here and will miss him horribly. But now its over and hopefully after this week end I'll get back OP. I got lots of good healthy stuff to eat while grocery shopping. I watched the food network this morning and the calorie commando made a potato latke out of squash and I'm wanting to try this. Everyone have a great week end..
Old 07-16-2005, 03:29 PM   #99  

Don't have time to do personal replies right not, but wanted to thank you all....Ken, Monet, Gator....for the encouraging words. My mom had high blood pressure and high cholesterol. She takes meds for the blood pressure, but refuses to on the cholesterol. I totally agree with the drug companies and doctors pushing drugs when not needed. The high desirable range used to be 200 or less, and they are trying to drop that now to 175. I'll see how it goes the next time I have it drawn. I also heard that homocysteine levels are a better indicator of heart disease than cholesterol, and mine are within levels.

I went to the gym today, and the monitor went off 4 times, so I turned it off to finish my workout. I called the recordings in, and they ended up clearing me and saying that I could continue to work out; it must not have been anything too bad. I am anxious for this stress test on Tuesday.

TONI: MY HEART BREAKS FOR YOU!!! SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS! You did the right thing by not letting your baby hurt anymore. (((((HUGS))))))!!!

Gotta run!

Have a great OP weekend. Remember MMM!
Nat
Old 07-16-2005, 04:11 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. I weighed this AM and was down 1 from yesterday, 170. I'm sure it will slow down now(RATS!). I've been hungry today, and it's not just emotional hunger either, unless my head is telling my stomach to growl. I don't know what is up. Maybe it is psychological that has affected my physical being...being that it is the weekend?? Anyway, I ate yogurt and 12 grapes after my workout this morning. An hour later my stomach was growling and it was about time for me to go to town, so I grabbed and ate a LC bar(260 cals and 13g fat, 23 g protein). I thought that would hold me for awhile...NOT! My stomach was growling about an hour and a half after eating that. I held off until about 1 and went to McDonald's where I had the grilled chicken casear salad(no croutons)with less than half a pk of dressing, diet coke. By the time I got home I just wasn't feeling satisfied, so I had a LC ice cream sandwich(80 cal, 4g fat). That was about an hour ago. As far as cals go, I'm only right at 800, I think, never been much of a calorie counter. So I can't eat anything else until supper because supper will be high cals, around 600 I'm sure, if not a tad over. I'm making taco salad(no chips or shell), with all the fixings like light sour cream, salsa, cheese, and refried beans(plus ground beef, lettuce, etc). Maybe I should stay away from the beans, we'll see. I kinda feel like I deserve the stupid beans for staying OP,lol. Anyway, I was able to go to the mall and walk around without the kids. Which would normally be great if I didn't feel so crummy. I had a headache(gone now) and I'm so tired feeling. I've been fatigued feeling for a couple weeks now. Don't know what's wrong with me, it sucks. Maybe I should add some vitamin B to my supp's? Which one do you take, the B6 or B12?

Nat- I remember, I remember! I keep reminding myself all throughout the day that Monday is MMM,lol. I'm reallllllyyyy hoping to see 169 on Monday morning(fingers crossed).

Well, that's it for me!!

Oh yea, where the heck is Country? Isn't is almost 2 weeks since she posted? And where is Talitha, she hasn't posted this week either! Susan is on a trip, right?
Old 07-16-2005, 05:05 PM   #101  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

THUNDER ....LIGHTENING.....I MEAN THE KIND THAT FLASHES YOUR ELECTRIFITY ETC.. I THOUGHT I HAD LOST MY COMPUTER THERE FOR A MINUTE IT WAS SO BAD!!!

I feel better today, still trembleing inside and shaking on the outside....my fever is still at 100 , but I'm so hoping that I can gp to work on Monday!
DR GATOR, and DR MONET..... I promise to get everything you've mentioned..ANYTHING to help! GATOR That pill box thing sounds link something I coulle use to keep me on track...

LAURIE...Tale care my [i]BUSTIN BUDDY) :wqe

I've got tp get off here, my medicine hs kicked in and I hard tp type!

SEE Y[all later
Old 07-16-2005, 05:39 PM   #102  

We had a blast in the mountains. I will post some pictures if they turn out ok. It was rainy and overcast with only minimal glimpses of sunshine. It was cool though, and we hiked down from the forest road to the valley where the closed road crosses Blood Mountain creek. We waded in the creek and I took some pictures. It was very cold! Then we had to walk back up the mountain to where we had parked. I got in about 5000 steps on the hike alone and have about 7000 for the day. I accidently hit reset before we started out, so I can't remember what I had prior to the hike.... duh! We ate our picnic lunch sitting on the tailgate of the truck, then went on the hike. We stopped at several crossings on the way out and did some photos of the stream and stuff. It is such a pretty area!

Coming home, I convinced Tom I needed a crochet hook from Hobby Lobby...so we stopped. I also found three balls of yarn I need to make a blanket for another new baby! He just shook his head....

So now we will probably either swim or shower, then head over to Los Arcos and have some dinner. I will get either Bruchetta del Mar, or Poblana Chili Rellenos. I may try chicken fajitas...have not decided, but it will be legal and Tom always tells them NO CHIPS! Yay, Tom! Cause I often fall to the temptation!

BOB: My recommendations for vitamin C will give you 3000mg a day, to Gator's 2000. You can't get too much vitamin C. Your body will dump whatever you don't need. Everything we have read ( that is me, and my in house biochemist, Tom) suggests its a good idea to take C frequently through the day. Twice would be minimal. Crank it up! C is really important to the immune system, and you surely need the help right now. I use a seven slot vitamin organizer too. I got one at Publix in the pharmacy department that has individual doors for each day of the week. It helps me keep track of my thyroid meds, so I have one for them, and another for vitamins.

HEART: If you are getting really hungry that often, you are probably having some insulin problems. Insulin is what tells you that you are hungry when your blood sugar levels drop. If you eat, then feel hungry too soon, it may be that your blood sugar levels dropped, but not to the point you actually need more fuel. You might want to try adding healthy fats to what you eat, and see if it helps satisfy you more. A handful of nuts will keep me several hours, and a breakfast of two eggs, with a tablespoon of macadamia oil, or almond oil, keeps me from being hungry for the whole morning, and then some! You are doing great! I hope you see that 169 on Monday! Talitha is on vacation. I don't remember how long she said she would be gone, though.

TONI: I am so sorry about your little dog. Its so hard to lose a pet, and such a hard decision to put them down. <<hugs>>

PANCHO: It will be interesting to hear what they have to say about all the monitor thingies...

Hey, where are these MISSING folks???: Country, Thinwithin, Fruit, .....come on, you guys! We miss you!
Old 07-16-2005, 05:43 PM   #103  
Little Engine That Could

BOB--Here is an example of the kind of pill box I am talking about. Go to this URL and look at the picture at the very top, right next to the title "My Pill Box." You can get things like that at Walmart, Walgreens, etc.

http://www.mypillbox.org/mypillbox.php
Old 07-16-2005, 06:28 PM   #104  

I just came back from my weekly grocery shopping at Publix and I am exhausted. I am really tired today from not sleeping well the last few nights. I think my body is starting to train me to sleep less, just like with Jess's pregnancy.

Eating has been okay today, nothing terribly illegal so far

Breakfast : 1 ww waffle, 1 fried egg, 2 small sausages and 1 cup of milk.

Snack : 1 slice of cantelope.

Lunch : Sauteed chicken with brussel sprouts and 1 baked sweet potato.

Snack : 1 small whole grain Quaker oatmeal (5 grams of sugar) bar while Jess and I were shopping at Publix.

Dinner : Few pieces of Publix mardi gras chicken wings, a big helping of Publix ceasar salad (there are some small pieces of breaded chicken in the salad) and 1 slice of cantelope.

Snack : Leftover ceasar salad and maybe a cup of soymilk.

I won't be doing any replies right now since Jess is here and she is ready for dinner. Will check in later.

Julia

Last edited by kengjw; 07-16-2005 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:25 PM   #105  
Little Engine That Could

OK, My DH and I went out for dinner tonight. First time in almost a month. We did go out once for lunch, but not for dinner. We went to a really fancy restaurant, where all the dishes are avant garde, such as having a pile of rice with the fish on top, and then something on top of that, and with some fancy sauce all around. I tried to be pretty good:
Breakfast--1/2 cup oatmeal with some dried cherries, cooked and with 1/3 Cup skimmed milk
Lunch, 1/4 avocado and some tomato slices stuffed into 1/2 WW pita pocket with lettuce and lo cal mayo. 8 cherries
Snack: 1/2 can tuna fish, 1/2 nectarine
Dinner: taa daa-- mixed greens salad with raspberries and the equivalent of 1 pecan with very light dressing, seafood (1 slipper lobster, 2 large scallops, 2 large shrimps over homemade pasta with some sort of light tomato cream sauce (kind of like vodka sauce). I ate 2 shrimps, about 1/3 lobster and 1 scallop and maybe 5 pasta noodles and some sauce, and that was enough. Then my DH and I shared a dish of vanilla ice cream with berries on the top. 1 glass of wine.

For me, that was pretty good. Normally I would have had an appetizer, then maybe a soup or salad, and then eaten all the entree, and definitely my own dessert. Now I have something left for lunch tomorrow. And didn't eat too much. We'll see how that plays out on Monday.
Closed Thread