Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 09:38 AM   #91  

Good morning...

I just finished a hearty breakfast of 2 scarmbled eggs with mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach, 1 ww waffle and 1/2 cup of milk. Yep...too much food but will definitely keep me full for many hours.

Jess seems to be having a cold-like symptom so I am keeping her home with me. She was disappointed but that is the best thing to do anyway. So, no church this morning so I am taking sometime to do some replies before starting to do some housework. I will do some planting today as well since I bought some daylilies yesterday. I am so excited to see them bloom, what a beautiful plant.

Some replies :

COUNTRY : I know Jess will be a great helper when the baby comes. I am so thankful she is at that age where she can do a lot for herself and also for me. I am just a little sad that I will no longer have as much time for her as I would like to. Anyway...I am sure things will work out. God knows better than I do

TEENSY : One of my sisters used to work in a hair salon and she would practice cutting hair on us...lol. I would be scared to death and kept reminding her that she was cutting way too much...lol. I am still not too happy about my haircut, it doesn't seem to flow very well but it doesn't look too bad though. I am glad your dizzy spells are gone for now and hope you won't get any for a long time. I have had experienced with dizzy spells about 2 to 3 times before (the last few years but not since last year). I usually woke up with one and my head would be spinning like crazy and then I would throw up. After that I usually stay in bed for few hours until it went away. Then...everything went back to normal. It was a horrible feeling and I hated it. I have not have any since last year...thank goodness! I am not familiar with your lump removal procedure. Is it serious? Do you have to stay in the hospital for a long period of time?

PANCHO : Glad Britt is keeping her glasses on. It really helps when she has support and encouragement from all of you. I just love seeing kids with glasses...too cute!!

MUM : I am pre-diabetic and people usually understand when I said I cannot have their dessert. I make sure I mentioned that it was me not their dessert...lol. There have been many times that I did eat some dessert but in a much smaller portion, that was because I really wanted to eat it since I hardly have any. I know it is not very easy to say "no" to your friends but it is your life and your decision on what you feed your body. If they are offended, that means they have problems to work on themselves and nothing to do with you. With that said, your other option would be eating a smaller portion...if that's what you want. For some people, having a taste of it can trigger a binge of wanting more. That is usually the problem more than anything because having illegal dessert once in a while doesn't hurt but if it sets you on for wanting more, then it can be a problem. Hope that helps. I look forward to chat with you more.

MONET : Good morning. Honeysuckle is blooming everywhere, do you have problems with it? People around me seems to have a tough time with their them.

Julia
Old 05-22-2005, 01:09 PM   #92  

Hello all, I had a horrible eating day yesterday. We had to go out of town to help a friend and anyway it just ended up BAD EATING no excuse! I'm back on track and hope I still lose Wed. I've got the stuff to make a breakfast casserole tomorrow and I'm going to. My get my stuff ready for it today. Tonight I'm making a meatloaf with part deer meat. Which is very lean and healthy. And makes a wonderful meatloaf. My DH is looking forward to sandwichs out of it next week. Welcome MUM!!! Hope you can pass up dessert. Its really hard when you go to someones house to eat unless they know you're watching your weight. Hope everyone is having a nice week end.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:43 PM   #93  

Just checking in! Its been a wild weekend. Yesterday, I wanted to find a hole to crawl in and stay there for a few weeks, until everything that is stressing me out was over! The pool was green and I had put so much chlorine in it, I was afraid to put more. In desperation, I called three guys from church asking for help, since Tom was overwhelmed with plumbing problems. I was on my way to the pool store when I made the phone calls, and after I hung up from the third one, I did what I should have done at first, and prayed! The guy at the pool store tested the water, and did a test I have never heard of having done before. He told me the phosphorus level was WAY too high, and that was what was feeding the algae that was making the pool green. For $25 (pool chemicals are NOT cheap!) I got a bottle of some stuff that took the Phosphorus out and today, the pool looks so much better, I want to weep. I was afraid I was going to have to change the filter sand myself...which is NOT an easy, or fun job. Last night, one of the guys that I called came over with his wife for dinner. There was no work to do, but I think he was just the one to encourage Tom, so we had a good time. I made fried shrimp, and onion rings, with my legal onion ring recipe. We had sauteed kale too, out of their garden. Two glasses of wine, and a half glass of chocolate bock beer, and I slept very well!

So far today, I have had two eggs, an English muffin with polaner all fruit and three pieces of bacon, a handful of macadamia nuts, some imitation crab with sprouts and homemade mayo, and a glass of orange juice.

Tonight there is a big celebration after church, so I don't know what the food will be like.

KENG: I love honeysuckle. I think it tends to be invasive, but I don't have any in my yard. What kind of trouble do your friends have with it? Allergies? It takes over?

TONI: That's the ticket...when you screw up you need to get right back on program! (now if I would just practice what I preach! ) Yum! I like meatloaf in a sandwich...with homemade mayo and lots of sprouts! I am really into sprouts right now!
Closed Thread