Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 06:45 AM   #106  

Thinwithin- Mock danish I sometimes use 1whole egg and 1egg white and I always use LF creamcheese. Plus I pour a small amount of sf syrup on the top before I eat.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:53 AM   #107  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

Hey guys...hope someone sees this...(due to the end of the week/need new thread started soon...)

Had my DD in the ER last night. She has a bad hernia..size of an egg...inguinal...she needs surgery. I had hernia surgery last april and my DS had 3 hernias operated on when he was 8wks old...

However, those things don't make this any easier...I am flipping out that my poor little DD has to have surgery...please give her your prayers...she is in pain and we can tell...it looks black and blue...but, I have an appt for her on Monday for her surgical referral...

I just wish they would have kept her last night and did an emergency op...

Talk to you later,
Sarah
Old 04-16-2005, 10:35 AM   #108  

SARAH: I will be praying for your daughter. And YOU! My 26 year old son has to have an inguinal hernia repair done end of May. Its amazing how far they have come in these repairs since my husband had it done 20 years ago! Hang in there, mom! Its always hard to see our kids suffer, isn't it? She will probably do better than you!
Old 04-16-2005, 11:35 AM   #109  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

I had potato chip melt down last night. It was not pretty. How can a grown woman who knows better show such a lack of judgement. But they were sooooooooo good. But the good news is today is a new day. A few quarts of water and some sensible eating will hopefully get rid of the puffy fingers and lingering bloat. I did have the best fish ever for supper...LOL Tabasco has a delicious chiptole hot sauce that we put on the fish last night. The smokey flavor and the way if was just a little bit toasty was a pleasant change from the usuall way I eat it. I told my hubby I think I am turning into a fish. It's about the only meat I crave these days. I'm sure it will eventually get old...maybe.

Sarah...I am so sorry for your sweet daughter. You and she are in my prayers.

Cindy...Your hair looks so nice. Very subtle and natural. Thanks for the recipe idea.

Monet....sorry about your soggy start yesterday. How are the repairs coming? I don't think I've seen the Pableno pepper plants here. Other than stuff them how do you eat them? I love peppers. This year we have several varities planted. I probably won't eat any of the habenaros but my step dad wanted them. To me they are a lot of hot and not a lot of flavor. I love serrano but haven't found any yet this year.

Thin...welcome back. Awesome your mama is doing better.

Bob...praying Kate feels better soon.

Toni...WTG on getting out and getting the right things to eat. I wouldn't worry about the corn. Once in a while it's nice to have something we really like. And corn is wayyyyyyyy better than a brownie.

Jack-K...praying your daughter's house sells. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Julia...hope you find some time to rest this weekend.

Guess I'd better get for now. ((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 04-16-2005, 11:50 AM   #110  

COUNTRY: You want serrano? They were overloaded with serrrano plants at Home Depot last night! Shall I email you a few??? Do I need to plant a few? I feel like I should get a couple jalapeno plants too.

Just flying by, better go before Tom realizes I am not 'working'!
Old 04-16-2005, 12:31 PM   #111  

Happy Saturday to everyone. I love a good sunny day to be lazy at!!! I am doing a little wash. And also going to TRY and get DH in the bedroom to start repairs so the painting can go forward. Tonight I hope to barbeque steaks.

Cindy- Your hair looks so good... What a lovely spring time do!

Monet- I feel for you and your plumbing problems. What a horrible thing to have happen.

CountryMom- Yum your fish sounds so good. I've been so hungry for some. Hopefully next week when I shop at super Wal Mart they'll have some decent fish.

Sarah- My thoughts and prayers are with your DD.

Thin- Glad your Mom is doing better and hope she gets strong enough to go home soon.

Bob- Prayers for Kate! I hope shes doing better soon.

Julia- Hope you rest well and keeping that breathing where it belongs. I would love that ww ravoli. Yum....

Better get going.... Have a good day everyone....
Old 04-16-2005, 12:35 PM   #112  
Going to Meet My Goal!

Sarah: I will be praying doubly hard for your family....it is so hard when one of are babies are sick.

Crystle: at least it wasnt a chocolate meltdown....im still having those

Cindy: thanks for the recipe...ive been wondering what the heck a mock danish was

well i need to find something for lunch....hope everyone has a great day
Old 04-16-2005, 01:44 PM   #113  

SARAH: I will be praying for your sweet DD, and for you. Please keep us advised on her appt. Monday and when they plan to operate. Try not to stress too much; she will be fine! Medical technology has come such a long way, and doctors are so skilled at handling these types of things. It is still so hard to see such a young child go through surgery though....((((((HUGS))))))!

Nat

I got to the gym, JCPenney & Trader Joes this morning; now I gotta get some stuff done around here.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 04-16-2005, 02:15 PM   #114  
Addicted to potato salad!

Sarah: Big hugs and prayers for you and your little one. My dd had to have surgery a day after her last day of school in third grade. It was simple, though, she was done with the surgery by the time I found the box of kleenex in the waiting room because I was bawling my eyes out leaving her to be put under. I dried my eyes and the doctor came out and said, she came through just fine! Seriously, it was like five minutes...she had a 'chalazion' on her eyelid that needed to be lanced off, but she had to be under for it. Anyhow...I feel for ya, Chicka! Been there, done it, got the T-shirt and woudn't wish it on my worst enemy!!

Not much time for replies, my mom and dad are coming over shortly for dinner and I have to clean my house...it seems like I'm ALWAYS cleaning my house. We're having bbq chicken, salad and fried summer squash. For lunch I had grilled tilapia and salad and for BF I had strawberries, grapefruit and bacon. For a snack I just had some SF/LC butterscotch pudding...I know it's not totally legal with the food starch as the main ingredient, but it's such a nice treat. I made chocolate and butterscotch pudding and layered them in cups for desert tonight. I've told you guys my dad is diabetic and he loves his SF pudding!!

Anyhow...the big news is...we just got a dog!! I've never, ever had one...always a cat person...but my DH has been wanting an Old English Sheepdog since we moved here...when I was pregnant, we had our house torn literally to shreds and he wanted to lay a puppy in the mix. I told him when DS was older, then bring it up. So, he paid for it (an exhorbitant amount of money!!) this morning and is driving from here (Northern, northern New York) to Southeast Ohio to pick him up tomorrow!! OMG!! He's only 9 weeks old and I'm soooo looking forward to meeting him, but not looking forward to the work. Or the puppy training. Did I mention that this is my first dog, EVER?!? But I'm having visions of DS sitting in the backyard in the sandbox and our Junior (yes, he's already named) laying in the sun next to him and having DD toss him a ball to play fetch. Anyhow...I'll let you all know how THAT goes...

Country...I love potato chips, myself. Can NEVER eat just one!!

Cindy....LOVE the hair!! Looks like a nice pick-me-up for spring!!

Thin...My WIW was a wash, as well, but not because I was under stress, just because I was a ruthless !! Once your mom gets back on track, so will your weighloss. Hope things straighten out soon for you!!

Monet...I can't wait to get started on my gardening. Right now, I jsut have a few crocuses sprouted by my basement doors and my tulip and daffodil bulbs are getting taller and taller and are showing the buds of future flowers. I planted a few bags of new pink tulip bulbs last fall, so I'm anxious to see how they come out!! I also planted some hollyhock seeds from a friend of mine, but I think I left them in my car too long and they got dried out. I planted them anyway, so we'll see how they come along. But other than that, I have foxgloves, climatis, lillies, sweet williams and forget-me-nots in various places and I love seeing them come up in one by one. This year is the year of the tomatoes for me!! I cannot WAIT!!

Okay, I hope I got mostly everyone!! I have to get to cleaning my clutter!! Will bounce back later!!
Old 04-16-2005, 02:43 PM   #115  

Hey, Everyone! Don't forget to PM me with your birthday! Thank you to those of you who have already done it! I am excited about learning how to do the special post, so I am anxious to get going on it! I need birthdays to put in it!

I made the chili relleno casserole recipe for lunch. Pretty tasty! It will make a nice side dish to go with tacos, or burritos or fajitas.

Tom is working away at the plumbing. It is actually going very well. The whole house has cold water, and there is hot water to some of the house. Unfortunately, not the showers! Don't worry....we have plenty of deordorant!

Gotta go!
Old 04-16-2005, 04:02 PM   #116  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD SATURDAY AFTERNOON TO ALL YOU BUSTIN BUDDYS!!!

Had a busy morning...went with my friend Debbie and her Daughter Kelly for a fitting on Kelly's wedding dress.. It's absolutely beautiful!
THEN..we traveled down to the Marina where her wedding is going to be to check that out...(BOB is the Coordinator) and then on to SONIC for lunch...I had a hotdog...not a good thing to choose, but OH MY GAWD WAS IT YUMMY! Over to Target where I purchased a CAJUN CD, a pair of shoes for the wedding (really cute sling backs) YES.... BOB IS ACTUALLY GOING TO WEAR A DRESS!!! FLOOR LENGTH TO BOOT!
some socks, and a DONALD DUCK pack of smoothie mix...for my collection.

Debbie and her Husband Tom are taking me out to dinner tonight for my Birthday...They are leaving for TAHOE the morning of my actual birthday and didn't want to miss celebrating with me. We're going to SHELLS...a seafood place...can't wait...they have the BEST grilled seafood platter...packed full of different things...

THIN...Glad to see you back...KATE is my Mom...she lives with me...thank for the good thoughts...she needs them at 82yrs of age!

CINDY..thanks for the recipe for the mock danish Love CREAM CHEESE and any way to use it is fine with me.

TONI...good to see you...thanks for the well wishes for Kate

MONET...do you know how to do a READ ONLY ADDITION? If not, I'm sure that SUZANNE will tell you how to do it...I think this way would be better
thinking of the BIO BOARD and how people that we don't even know come on there and put their BIO's never to return again...
I'm going to be planting some KLANCHO...love those plants...they are so pretty and I like the idea of them coming back in every year...

TECH...I'm so happy for you getting a puppy...especially an OLD ENGLISH! They are so adorable....you'll have to post a picture!

NAT...A SATURDAY POST?????? What did you get a TJ's???? I wish we had one here....they have so much to offer! How are the sick and puny at your house? Better I hope...

SARAH...{{{{{{{{{Bless your DD's heart!}}}}}}}} Hope this is an easy surgery for her...I'll keep my good thoughts coming your way!

ALISON.... What did you find for lunch??

CRYSTLE...I've been having a potato chip melt down a lot lately...I swear, since I've been sick I've done nothing but eat. I bet I've gained 10 lbs...I'm too scared to get on the metal monster to see what the damage is. I know I have...right in the belly too!

I ordered BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS LOW CARB RECIPES phase 1 & 2
(two separate cook books with almost 400 recipes in each. They also have a carb, calorie, fat, fiber, etc counter in there....can't wait to get home tonight and look at them...I'll be posting some recipes from there....

Kate's break out is better today, but the itching is driving her crazy. I can't convince her that it takes time for the "itch" medicine to get into her system...Still keep those fingers and toes crossed...

Gotta run...I'll be back later

BOB
Old 04-16-2005, 07:30 PM   #117  

Oh shoot where'd my long post go? Huh!
Old 04-16-2005, 07:57 PM   #118  
Going to Meet My Goal!

BOB: I had some grilled cheese sandwhiches on WW and with LF butter and with some turkey on it.....ummmmmmmm YUMMY!!!

well i need to go do ... um....something lol....man im getting old, already getting CRS!!!

Old 04-16-2005, 09:17 PM   #119  

Evening everyone. Had a wonderday day. Got alot done. Dont things just seem better when the weathers nice out? It sure seems that way ! Spent the morning grocery shopping then about 1 hour in the kitchen cleaning veges and cleaning more veges and washing strawberries. Then spent the afternoon doing my folks yard and we had a wonderful barbeque with them.

sarah- Im sorry about your dd and I will sure be praying for her. (((hugs)))

Crystle- chip binge huh lol. My dh admitted that Thursday night he broke down and bought a bag of chips. Thats his downfall. I said..well every now and thens not gonna hurt you...

Sebray- your welcome. Youll probalby see it quite a few times on my menu cause for some reason I get in "mock danish" mode and eat them quite a bit in the mornings then I wont want it for ages !

Tech- how wonderful you are getting a dog! Thats exciting. I love dogs ( I have two at the moment) and couldnt imagine never not having one. Yup, a puppy will be a bit challenging but just like babies remember it doesnt last forever ! We've always used the crate method with young dogs until they learn not to pee and chew inside . Crating takes away so much stress .

Monet- Sounds like your dh is working hard to get your problem fixed. Good for him. Hope all is working well soon.

Saturdays menu

b- protein shake
l- turkey roll ups with 1 slice swiss, 4 radishs, 3 strawberrys
s- 1oz almonds
d- grilled steak, sm romaine salad with ranch, mashed califlower, green beans and almond flour pound cake with strawberrys and whipping cream

Last edited by Cindylcing; 04-16-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:06 PM   #120  

Evening everyone!

Tom got hot water restored to the downstairs bathroom, so we all got to shower tonight! Yay! He plans on finishing up our shower tomorrow, which will be good, since its much nicer than the one off James' room!

I got part of the green beans, the tomatoes, and part of the cucumbers planted today. It was very hard for me, as my knees have been bothering me something fierce again. Tom did not want the freshly turned dirt walked on, so he put stepping stones across the area. Well, klutz that I am, I fell off the stones and lost my balance more than I stayed on them! Whew! I need to water the plants tomorrow. I still have squash to plant, and more cukes. I may go buy more tomatoes too. Eight plants just might not be enough.

I made the chili relleno casserole, and it turned out really good, so I made a larger one for the luncheon tomorrow. I am also going to make chicken fajitas, guacamole salad, and refried beans. For dessert, I am going to make Bavarian cream pies with fruit.

My back is aching, and I am really tired, so I think I will crawl in bed and sleep!

Sweet dreams everyone!
Closed Thread