Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 12:46 AM   #61  

Just a fly by......

Menu--

B-- 1/2 grapefruit 1/2 hour before.....
2 strips bacon, 1/2 c Fiber One, 1/4 c ff milk, 1 Splenda, cinnamon, Lite 85.

snack-- apple

L--3 slices turkey breast, 1 small ww tortilla, 1 tsp lite mayo, 1/2 sweet red pepper. 3 sf Nips.

snack-- handful pistachio's, orange.

D-- 2 soft shell ww taco's.

dessert-- 1/2 c sf pudding.

Finished the window sills today and now just have a couple of things to touch up. Forgot that today was WIW, will get on the scales next Wednesday. Sweet dreams to you all.......see you in the morning.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:06 AM   #62  

Good Morning! It looks like rain here... Hopefully, it will wash the pollen away. I may crawl back in bed after I finish this. I am SO tired! I slept ok, but went to bed kind of late.

Today, I am heading over to the Middle Eastern Baking company. Anyone of you in the south might be familiar with their pita breads. They have a store with middle eastern groceries in the building they make their pitas in. They also sell the pitas in big packages as seconds- cheap! The best thing they have is a bulk olive bar, with tons of olives, and very good prices. We are making hummus for the arts festival, so we are going to get the pitas to make toasted pita chips to serve with it. I plan to stock up on the good olives too. They also have about six different sizes of bulghur wheat, a great variety of ME cheeses, and all kinds of seasonings, canned goods, and even baked goods. I promise to stay out of the baklava!

TEENSY: Good to see you again! Are you done with the painting yet?

KENG: I guess your hubby is right, but I don't think I could ask for discounts like that! I was amused but not entirely happy the girl gave me the senior discount, since I don't like thinking I look that old!!! Thanks for the kind words on the mod thing. I hope I can do a good job.

SEBRAY: I am glad you are feeling better. Stress can really do a number on you! When you finish your cleaning, you are welcome to come do more here at my house!

CINDY: Pictures! We want pictures! Do you like it? My hair is a very white, silver gray, and I would love to do something radical with it, but I am afraid it would take a long time to get the great pure color back if I did not like what I decided to do.

TECH: Refresh my memory...the yellow and blue dots are going which way? I showed Tom the page with the ships and he thought it was pretty cool, but I could not remember anything!

COUNTRY: I love that expression...goober! Thank you. Congrats on the loss. Refresh my memory here...how much do you have to go to be at your low again? (me? I have 23! )

TONI: Thank you! That was sweet of you to say. Did you ever finish your bed room painting and remodeling?

BOB: I sure hope Kate is doing better. I am trying to remember what is in Augmentin. I think its a mix of two antibiodics, and one is penicillin, but I don't remember. Allergies to drugs can be scary! Keep us posted on how she is doing.

FILLISE: yay on the two pounds! You are doing great!

SARAH: I am glad you were able to solve the mystery of what was bothering your son. I know my daughter would act up like that if something was bothering her. She is 23 and sometimes STILL acts like that!

PANCHO: Let us know how the new doc was.... I hope the girls are all well soon. Its so hard having sick kids! Feed them oranges! Lots and lots of oranges, or fresh squeezed juice.

JACK: I hope your daughter can sell the house quickly. Its so hard to be a long, long way away from work! How is your RA doing these days?

I think I got everyone. I apologize if I missed anyone....I tried not to, but if I did, feel free to tell me I am a loser or something...

Later, ladies!

Old 04-14-2005, 09:00 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies,

Couldn't get here yesterday. I was out at our job trailer packing up all the drawings. I didn't get back to the office until 2:00 and then had a days worth of work to get done.

I was very frustrated with the scale. I have been 100% legal, exercised all 3 days this week and even had no wine at all. The scale is up 2 lbs. Ugh! I hate taking off pounds you have already lost, especially for no reason.

Really nothing going on with me. It is going to be nice here today. The sun is shinning and it is supposed to warm up to 65.

Sebray, congrats on getting that paper done. You remind me of my girls, always put it off until the last minute. Try to relax now.

Cindy, it was cold and gloomy hear yesterday too, but today the sun is shinning. Hope it is there too.

Bob, glad things went well with the new boss. Love your new avatar. Hope Kate is better today.

Teensy, sprinkle some talcum powder on the wood floors to stop the squeaks. Your mini vacation sounds like fun.

Monet, can you tell a difference in your clothes after your detox? Congrats on being made moderator, I think. I know we all appreciateyou starting the boards. I've have given up on Deb. A discount is a good thing and no, you don't look that old.

Tech, hang in there.

Ken, I'm sure the time Jess spends away from you is just a good for her as it is you. Kids need to learn to socialize too.

Sarah, Taebo is tough to do. Isn't is funny how the teacher only sees the one who retaliates, not the one who started it. Hope his mood is better.

Nat, I hope you are wearing a mask. Sure hope you don't get what the rest of the family has.

Country, for the 3.5 pounds. Good job.

Susan, for your 2 pounds too.

Hope I didn't miss anyone, got to run, boss needs something.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:27 AM   #64  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

No time to post right now...just was able to read yesterdays...

"Sans skin"---French--sans - without...so, "without skin" (the chicken)

-Sar-
Old 04-14-2005, 10:27 AM   #65  
Addicted to potato salad!

Good morning, Cats and Kittens!!

The sun is shining and the forecast calls for all sunshine and a highs of 52 today, 55 tomorrow and 60 for Saturday!! Finally, our backyard is drying up!! Which means this weekend is the time for me to start planning out my veggie garden in the sunny patch behind my barn. My son has been bombing around the yard in his Power Wheels Kawasaki Ninja and riding his red Schwinn Chopper with training wheels around town with me. So, my walks have gone from walks to jogs!!

BF today has been two medium WW pancakes with LCSF syrup, strawberries and some bacon

Yesterday for lunch I had some Wendy's Chili after closely examining it to be sure it only had beans and burger in it . We were at the mall and it was the quickest, easiest thing to get at the food court, and cheapest.

For dinner we had boneless pork ribs ON THE GRILL marinaded in olive oil, lemon juice and Mrs. Dash, then had some BBQ sauce on in the end. and we had cauliflower and broccoli with it.

Today for lunch I'll likely have Tilapia grilled on George with some fruit and for dinner we'll likely have something involving chicken or hamburgers (mine without the bun, thank you!)

I can't even tell you what I did on Tuesday!! Alright, you've twisted my arm...I had HALF A CHERRY PIE!! No, not half a slice...half of the whole thing!! My hubby had the other half!! But what is a girl to do with a cherry pie just sittin there on the stove, all open with a handy fork sitting in the tin? Before we knew it, it was gone and its all over with. I've decided that there are some foods that just are plain seductive...Stuffing, scalloped potatoes and cherry pie are seductive, if you ask me. But its tradition for my hubby to have me bake him a cherry pie for his birthday, so now that the bad influence is back to work (DH), I can be a good girl again and get back to my mini goal of loosing 5 lbs before May 1. Thanks to Sebray for the tip on getting both tickers on my signature!!

Speaking of Sebray: My heart goes out to you with your son's zoo trip. My daughter was in Odyssey of the Mind and, although I made it to all of her competition, etc...when she had the show at her school to show them what they'd come up with, I totally forgot about it. I was the only mom NOT there!! I picked her up after school and she came out all bummed and teary eyed "Why didn't you come to the show?" And I'm like, well for cryin out loud, this OM thing had me going in circles for a month straight, picking her up at 7pm after practice and buying this and that and making sure I don't make anything and that DD makes it with NO help from me and ugh...it was such a pain. That was like the last straw...one thing after another and nobody telling me when to be where and how and why and all that...what a fiasco. It's like you have to be personal friends with the coach to know what 's going on. So, don't feel bad, Sebray...you're not the only one that's let down your kid and you won't be the last. And I was going to college, taking 4-5 classes at a time while DD was a baby and I was living in my gramma's living room until I could graduate and get a decent job. I remember going to school from 8-12, going to work at Kodak from 1-5, getting DD from daycare and coming home to take care of Gramma and make dinner, then give DD a bath and get her to bed by 8pm-ish and then sitting down to do five classes worth of homework...one class being ACCOUNTING!!! Horrible!! I was so jealous of the kids in my classes that were just single kids living at home with mom and dad and having no other worries except getting their homework done!! Stick to it, Chicka...you can do it!! And your kids will have you as an example of a hard working mom that sticks to her commitments and gets things done! What is your major, by the way? Do you have a set job you want it to get you into?

Monet: Senior Discount? Asking someone if they want the senior discount is like asking someone if they're pregnant if you're not sure. IF they're pregnant, they'll likely start talking about it on their own and IF someone qualifies for a Senior Discount, they'll likely bring it up!! Don't sweat it!! And if you click on a ship on the map , it'll bring up a blown up section of the seaway where the ship is and then you can click on the ship name and it'll tell you the last check point it was at and the next checkpoint it's headed for. I can never remember, either. And, if you look quickly, the Calypso is in Lake Erie and that is the ship that belongs to Jaques Cousteau! It comes by from time to time...a man I used to work with at the SLSPA, one of the captains, used to know Jaques Cousteau! Pretty cool!! Darn, now I have that John Denver song in my head...at least its not that darn 'We love you Conrad...oh yes we doooo" from Bye Bye Birdie, the play I saw last weekend. I thought it was going to give me brain damage!!

Colleen: I bet your house looks beautiful!! A fresh coat of paint always makes things look so nice!! Our house is a fixer upper...it was built in the 1880's, but we've been pretty lucky...we've put in all new windows and we ripped down every single wall in the house and rebuilt it from the studs up, putting in some decent electric and INSULATION!! Oh, and CLOSETS!! Toilets/plumbing is no fun. Our basement is a pricless commodity as it almost never leaks...except about five times or so we've had wild animals get in from the basement from a mysterious location we can't find. We've had three bats, a squirell and two birds. It always freaks me out!!

Jack: Have you been eating enough? I know if I don't eat enough, I get stuck and have a small gain. Of course, did I mention I ate half a cherry pie Tuesday? Maybe I shouldn't be giving out advice...

Hi Sarah!

Julia: Don't even get me started on the cleanliness of kid's bedrooms. Ugh! My DD's was soo bad at one point, I had to take her mattress and box springs out of the room and into the hallway and then, literally, got a rake to put all the kleenex, barbie shoes and HAIR (both her's and the cat's!), etc, etc, etc into a pile to sort through. It took ALL day!! It was disgusting!!! You know, it's one of those things that you walk by and just shut the door and ignore it till you can ignore it no more!! I was just glad no mice had gotten in there and hid and died under a barbie dress or a shoe or something. Although I did find a pizza crust, which totally torked me off. I mean, you know...does she think she lives in a barn??? I'd like to know the mental process that leads to "Oh, I'll just toss this pizza crust under the bed until the MAID comes and gets it" Anyhow...after that I put her on a stringent schedule where she has to, every weekend, clean off and reorganize her dresser, windex it and her night stand, put away any and all laundry, clean under her bed and generally straighten up. It has helped a LOT. No more FOOD under the bed.

Fillise... yay for two pounds!!! Keep up the great work!!

Hi Bob: I hope you ate lots of yummy illegal stuff at your dinner!! 15 years!! You deserve it!! And sometimes ya gotta do whatcha gotta do...

Crystle: Sweeeet weight loss!! Keep up the great job!! You seem very happy these days and I bet that's having a positive impact on your dieting...

Cindy: Hope your hair came out okay. I'm a hairdresser and going highlights was my absolute favorite thing to do!! I used to use foils and would get really creative and have a blast!! And I didn't charge much because I really loved doing it and fully believed that everyone should have highlights and I wanted to be sure all of my customers had them...so price wouldn't be a deterant. Most hairdresser's charge $50-60 for it, but I'd charge $25-30 so I could be sure all of my customers would let me highlight their hair.

Nat: I hope that sick bug in your house leaves sooner than later and that everyone is feeling better SOON!!!

Okay...I think that's everyone....my DS is playing on the Xbox a Star Wars game that is made by Leggo's. It's so funny when something smashes, all the lego parts go flying!! Anyhow...he wants me to play with him AND I have to go to the next town over (the one that Viggo's mother lives in...did I mention that Viggo's dad lives around the corner from me? ) and go to the bank and make some cut out flower cookies for snack for DS's story hour after school today.

Okay...Tech OUT! (yes, I'm an American Idol obsessee )

Last edited by techwife; 04-14-2005 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:34 AM   #66  

Good morning....

It's a beautiful day here and colder than I expected. I started out my day by taking Jess to school, got there 5 mins late...lol. When I got home, I realized me cellphone was missing and called the school to find out if they saw my cellphone. They called me back after a short search and said they found it in my daughter's school bag. The phone might have fell in there while I put her sweater in her bag this morning. She asked the teacher at school how did I call her (teacher) when I lost my phone?? LOL. We both had a good laugh.

Menu for today :

Breakfast : Leftover ww pancakes and 3 small lean breakfast sausages.

Snack : An orange and 1/2 cup of milk.

Lunch : Baked lemon garlic chicken drumstick, wilted swiss chard and brown rice.

Snack : A fruit, nuts and 1/2 cup of milk.

Dinner : Leftovers from lunch hopefully.

I made the recipe below last week (well, a modified version) and came out good. I am definitely going to make it again, this time with the tomatoes and basil leaves too. The version I made was just with zucchini and squash and I didn't line the veggies like it said in the recipe. Instead I just simply layered the veggies in a casserole dish and sprinkled some parmesan cheese on each layer (except the top layer). I also sauteed some mushroom with the onions (instead of the the onions itself) and laid it at the bottom of the dish. I did add parmesan cheese at the end of the cooking time to brown the top. It came out good and refreshing.

Provencal Vegetable Gratin
Yield: 4 to 6 servings

5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for dish
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
3 medium cloves garlic, minced
2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
5 to 6 medium plum tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 7 by 11-inch baking dish with olive oil.

Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add onions, garlic and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until completely softened and cooked but not browned. Stir in the basil and thyme. Spread on the bottom of the prepared baking dish.

Toss the sliced vegetables with the remaining olive oil and salt, and pepper. With the long side of the baking dish facing you, alternate the sliced vegetables in compact upright rows on top of the onion mixture.

Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake until the vegetables are softened, about 30 to 35 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Continue baking until cheese begins to brown, about 20 minutes or so. Serve hot or at room temperature.

Don't have time to do replies now as I need to pick Jess up in few mins. Will check in later.

Julia
Old 04-14-2005, 11:44 AM   #67  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

It is so beautiful outside this morning. They say the humidity is going to move back in over the weekend but for now it is wonderful! Too bad the whole year can't be winter or fall...LOL Eating has been pretty good. I'm making wise choices and actually eating a little more. Especially fruit. I'm not a fruit person. But I'm getting in at least a serving every day now. I had to laugh. I remember baby sitting for a lady when I was in my teens and she had all this healthy stuff in her house like brown rice....ect. I thought her poor family was going to starve to death and now I eat the same way.

Monet...for the last 3 years I average between 154-156 90 percent of the time. I think once I reached a low of 149 when I was walking about 30 plus miles a week. I couldn't keep up that pace though and the weight came back on. I'm still hoping to reach goal one day even though it truly seems impossible since I tend to stick around 154. Of course gaining is easy...LOL Two years in a row I have put on 10 plus in the winter. This year I put on almost 15..errr. The bakery sounds neat. Good luck staying away from the baklava. That stuff is so good. Mama bought some 40 spice hummus the other day that was SO good! I make it at home sometimes but I can't stay out of it....just hand me a spoon.

Tech...thank you. I am happy. I'm trying to focus on all the blessings in my life. And to be honest since I've started journaling I feel more in control of the food instead of the food controling me. And when I do mess up it's right there in the journal reminding me to focus on all the other good entries and not just the bad one. Cherry pie sounds wonderful. You know what, if you enjoyed it it was worth it. Now to just get back to plan. We won't talk about messy kids...LOL I am a clean freak and my kids are the slobs from the black lagoon. It's a test I know it is....LOL

Jack-K...((hugzz)) I'm sorry the scales were up this morning. Hang in there they will be back down before you know it. You have more disapline than anyone I know.

Julia...good morning. Not a bad influence just too much fun. Plus I bet you got to visit and get the clothes done. Hope you are having a super day.

Cindy...Those are little sandwiches so you didn't do bad at all. Just think you could of had fries, soda and a dessert. You showed moderation.

Sebray..I'm so glad you are able to relax a little. How long of a break do you get in the summer?

Toni...how are you feeling? Did you get over that nasty cold?

Bob...I hope Kate feels better soon.

Woo hoo Heart..where are you?

Guess I'd better get moving this morning. Plenty of chores calling my name.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 04-14-2005, 12:03 PM   #68  
Gettin' Skinny

Speaking of American Idol..tech...wasn't it scary last night when Bo almost went???

I just ABSOLUTELY love Bo and Constantine!!! I think they should tie and both win!!!

Then, we have the "Cleveland kid" Scott...how is he staying in??? He has a large city backing him...but, not me! I am all about my hard rocking boys!!!

-Sarah-
Old 04-14-2005, 12:26 PM   #69  

Sarah: OMG I almost choked on my Triscuits!! You should check out the thread under Chick Chat entitled It's Baaaaaack where there is a rather lively discussion about AI. I don't know how that Scott creature is making it so far. The fact that Nadia and Jessica went before him is plain insulting!! Nikko, too. I mean, he has a 'good' voice, but he has this whiny attitude that is just making me so mad ...like if he looses, he's gonna play the 'fat' card. I really like Carrie, but I wish she'd stick to just country songs. I loved the show tunes song she did...I think it showed she's got class along with a great set of lungs. I think it will end up down to Carrie and Bo. I think, also, that they should team up after the show is over and do a country duo song like Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton and sing a Christmas song together...like Walkin in a Winter Wonderland or something. I mentioned all this in the AI thread in Chick Chat, so if you re-read it, just ignore it.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:31 PM   #70  
Goddess

Default Good Thursday Morning

Again, another short post as I have to run to a meeting in a few minutes. I think it is going to be this way until I leave. I'm trying to get some project wrapped up before we take off on the 3rd so that I can enjoy my vacation and not worry about work.

I'm also traveling for business over the next two weekends, so no leisurely weekends for me for a while.

I just wanted to let everyone know I'm hanging in an being OP with my points (and mostly with SB). I think with the traveling this weekend, I'll be taking my "flex points" for a spin. But if they keep me from binging then they will have done their job!

I wish I could reply to everyone, but I have to leave. I really need a nap too. I got up at 4am to finish grading exams (I do by best grading early in the morning when my brain is fresh!). What's that they say about getting 8 hrs a night helps you lose weight. . .

Susan

ps Monet rocks as moderator. She's been our moderator, in fact, if not in title, for months now!
Old 04-14-2005, 12:53 PM   #71  

Good Morning:

I had a great time last night at the Luau. The gal that hosted it has a huge yard, with a pool, huge trampoline, playground equipment, etc... We played games for prizes, and ate, ate & ate. I ate way toooo much! I had a sub, chips w/dip, macaroni salad, potato salad, three brownies. Well, later in the evening, 3 of the other moms and I went out to the trampoline and jumped & jumped. It was so fun, and probably burned off some of those calories.

I weighed 121.5# this morning, so the overeating did show up on the scale. We'll see if it goes down or not. I have pretty much lost my appetite this morning; saw a bad accident on the way to Britt's school. It involved a horse and was very messy. When I saw it coming up, I told both of the girls to close their eyes. The graphics would have been with Britt all day, and she would have been upset at school.

We are supposed to go to U2 concert tonight. I hope to get a little nap in when Lane takes one today. I went to bed between 11:30 - 12:00, and got up at 6 a.m., so I am a little tired.

Country: Congrats on the weigh-in; that's great. Good job getting that BF in; it really makes a difference.

Ken: I totally understand what you are saying. Kids are so accepting, and so non-judgmental. Everyone is equal in a child's eyes, and we can all learn so much from their innocence. We can only do our best as parents, and hope and pray that we have established enough of a solid foundation for them to always remember their roots, morals and beliefs. Thanks for the recipe.

Sebray: Glad the exam is finished for you. Congrats on your weight going back down.

Fillise: Congrats on the loss.

Monet: Maybe that was a big spender's discount!!! . I always go to the store for a few things and come home with bagfuls. I have been giving the kids chewable vitamin C. I don't want to give Lane any juice or fresh oranges, due to her stomach being upset, and her having diarrhea. I take 4000mg buffered vitamin C daily and I haven't been sick in a very long time....knock on wood, hard! The homeo doctor put me on a regime, including the vitamin C for the cold sores I was getting. The goal was to boost my immunity. It has been a full year since I have had to deal with one of those terrible cold sores I used to get on my nose (due to that bad massage experience). And, it has helped keep me well when the kids get sick. Congrats on becoming the new moderator. When I read BOB's post, I scrolled back up to look at your post and noticed it under your name; I would have never noticed it had she not pointed it out. You will do great...heck, you have been the "unofficial" moderator for some time already. Keep up the great work; it is much appreciated.

Jack: Sorry about the gain. It is tough to gain when you are eating off-plan and not exercising, but when you are doing good with eating and exercise and gain, it's the pits! You will see a loss soon, I am sure. Keep up the great work, and try not to get discouraged.

Tech: Isn't it great when the weather warms up? I haven't had Wendy's chili since that story broke; I would be too paranoid. Maybe the rest of that body is somewhere in the processing plant that provides the ingredients to Wendy's . I guess it's not funny. I used to have Wendy's chili at least once a week after my workout, but haven't had any in a while now. I can't believe they can't figure out where a finger came from.

My eyes are so itchy, and my nose is runny...my allergies have been pretty bad this year, due to all the rain we've had.

Well, Lane is calling me, so I gotta run!

Take care,
Nat
Old 04-14-2005, 01:16 PM   #72  
Gettin' Skinny

Tech..gotta check that thread...do you post there too??

Pancho...cool about the U2 concert...I love them!! I hope you feel better...pollen/allergies are starting up here too. Hey, how old is Lane? I love that name!!!!

Fillese...you doing WW? I did that like 5 times in my life...each time I quit because it didn't work for me. I paid $$$$$ and only lost 1.4lbs total..last year...good luck to you if it works. Looks like SB is only thing that is working great for me. Non Scale Victory (NSV) -- put on some old "tight" jeans..they look HOT today!!! they are button fly...and are on...ACTUALLY ON!!! They look good..wearing them to work (nice thing about being an inside claim adjuster, my customers don't need to see me in my tie dye and jeans!!!)

-Sar-
Old 04-14-2005, 01:35 PM   #73  

Sarah: Yup...it's under Chick Chat and General Chatter...

Gotta run to the bank and post office, then to the library for story hour. What did I say I was going to have for lunch? Tilapia? Sure...if I ever stop feeling full from the half dozen frosted cut-outs I made for Story Hour snacks, I'll get right on it!! At least they were bite-size cookies and...you know...I had to check them out to be sure they were good... Man, I never should have gone off the wagon in Rochester...it's so easy to say, "Oh, just one more!!" Tomorrow...I'm serious!! I DO have girl scouts, but hopefully the girl bringing snacks will bring something gross like Fruit Rollups...gawd those things are disgusting!

Okay...talk to yas later!!
Old 04-14-2005, 02:23 PM   #74  

Just finished lunch and it was delicious! Today, I tried Swiss Chard for the first time and like it. I am going to post the recipe below. In the meantime, some replies :

TEENSY : My house needs painting too...wanna come over after you are done with yours?? LOL. I am sure your house looks great right now...a new coat of paint is always a good thing

MONET : We didn't get any rain this morning but it was cloudy until after 9am. Now the sun is out. Now, stay away from the baklava...lol. Sounds like a great store. My hubby is not your ordinary person, he is not ashamed when it comes to asking for discount. I don't think I can do it either..lol.

JACK : I am sorry the scale is not moving like it should with the efforts you have been doing. Hope you are not retaining water or something. Hope next week will be better. (((hugs))

SARAH : Ohhh....thanks for the French lesson...lol. I couldnt' believe Bo was at the bottom 3 last night. I think he is definitely one of the best, if not the best.

TECH : Did you say, 1/2 of a cherry pie?? That pie better be good otherwise it wasn't worth it...LOL. Now, jump back on the wagon and you will be just fine. Hmmm...your long cleaning post just reminded me to check under my daughter's bed...lol, hope no death mouse or anything like that....lol. Your post cracked me up

COUNTRY : There are things that I am not comfortable with that I never thought I could do before. I never thought I could eat brown rice either but I am now. It is amazing how we change with times and with circumstances.

FILLISE : Sounds like you are doing well despite your busy schedule. Don't forget to take rest in between your busyness

PANCHO : Last night Luau sounds fun. Glad you had a great time. How's the kids doing today?

Got to go, I am feeling a little tired. Hope I can get some shut eyes, even fr 15 mins that would be nice.

Julia
Old 04-14-2005, 02:25 PM   #75  

Forgot to post the Wilted Swiss Chard recipe. Here it is :

Wilted Chard

Yield: 4 to 6 servings

2 1/2 pounds swiss chard
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons cider vinegar, plus more to taste (I used red wine vinegar)
Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
1 cup chicken stock
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Fill a large bowl with cold water. Trim and discard the last 2 inches of the
chard stems. Add leaves to water. (If the greens are very dirty wash them in
several changes of water.) Lift the greens from the water, and put them in a
colander to drain. Roughly chop the greens.

In a large Dutch oven or tall sided skillet over medium heat, cook the onion,
garlic, red pepper flakes, cider vinegar and nutmeg for about 2 minutes. Add
the greens in batches, stirring each batch as they wilt, before adding more.
Add 1 cup chicken stock and cook, covered, stirring once or twice, until
tender, about 10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with vinegar, salt and pepper,
to taste. Serve immediately.
Closed Thread