Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 10:30 AM   #61  
Little Engine That Could

Monet--We got our Champion juicer several years ago through the internet. We got it from some store in Maine that shipped it free of charge. I don't remember the cost, but I think it might have been $199. It was a real deal. So check around and see what you can find.

Now I see here online (I Googled it) that you can buy a Champion for $179 with free shipping, so I guess I was wrong about our paying $199. Maybe it was $99. Free shipping is a good deal because these things are heavy.

Last edited by GatorGal; 03-18-2005 at 10:37 AM. Reason: adding new informatiion
Old 03-18-2005, 10:40 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday So glad it is here.

Went to this Irish bar last night. I am too old. There was an $8.00 cover which floored me (it was $10 when we left). Beers were $3 and mixed drinks were $4.25 and about 4 oz. I could have peed more in the cup than they gave you to drink. Needless to say, I had 1 drink. We were with friends and our DD or I wouldn't have paid that price to get in. Ridiculous. Dinner ended up being taco salad from taco bell. Insides only.

We have a wedding reception tomorrow night. I can't stand the bride and the groom is not one of my favorite people. But we feel we have to go and DH doesn't like to pass up a party with free beer. Plus I'm gonna miss the UK game. Which might be a good thing.

Monet, you were smart to pass the orange julius. There are loaded with sugar. You can watch them put it in. We haven't had any of those around for years. I used to love them. Of course. Bummer that it has rained on Laura's vacation. I got a kick out of the one piece line.

Bob, I can't believe you have another pinched nerve. Do they have any idea what causes this? Tell kate to be coaching realy hard tomorrow night. I think Cinn may be a handful.

Cindy, hope today is a better day for you.

Gator, boy it seems like DH has been released pretty quickly. No sense in overdoing though. You know how men have to be macho around other men. Pulling for the Gators today. Cute jokes.

Gonna go pay bills on line and maybe do some work today Have a great OP day.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:18 AM   #63  
Addicted to potato salad!

Just a quick fly-by. The sun is shining like blazes this morning!! I'd open the windows, but it's only 29 degrees!! But it looks good, that's for sure, and the sun is warm if you get out of the breeze...the higher it gets in the sky, the more it warms you in spite of the cold temps!! AND I had my oil changed the other day and got one of those little pine trees for the scent (they're made here in Watertown, by the way...they have a giant air freshener tree outside the factory!!), I got strawberry, and with the sun so warm and my van facing south, when I get it, it smells divine!!

Anyhow...I have a quick question...is vanilla extract okay? I know when I had a short stint trying South Beach, a desert they recommended was ricotta cheese mixed with vanilla extract, or other extracts for other flavors, but I assumed that since the ingredients are, WAter, caramel color, vanillin, ethyl vanillin and 0.1% potassium sorbate, (okay, so it's imitation vanilla and not pure vanilla extract...that's expensive and I go through a LOT with my smoothies!!) it doesn't seem like there is any sugar in it and it seems legal....so, therefore, my two capfuls in my smoothies is okay?

That being said...you Orange Julius lovers, assuming that vanilla is okay, should try my smoothies...with a cup of yogurt, a spoonful of splenda, two capfuls of vanilla, a half cup of skim milk if needed, blended into previously crushed ice, then add a whole orange (peeled, of course ) cut up into pieces...it tastes JUST LIKE an orange julius...well...okay..maybe not JUST like one, but if ou close your eyes and use your imagination, its pretty dern close!!

Well, this quickie it turning into a longie...I have to go get cleaned up for Girl Scouts!!

Bye, guys!!

Kris
Old 03-18-2005, 12:13 PM   #64  

Height: 5' 7"

Default ((Everybody))

Thanks for the warm welcome back. Heart, you are a tiny little thing. You don't look at all like winter has been cruel to you. Boogie is a little cutie!

Jackie...I had to laugh about your drink size last night. Sorry to hear about your hurt hinney. One day a few weeks ago I was walking on mama's treadmill and she thought or should I say didn't think...LOL and was gonna jump on the back. She feel and hit her arm and head before it even registered to me to turn off the machine. Of course she had to tease my slow reflexes.

Monet..thanks for this mornings funnies.

Tech...wtg on your new low.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 03-18-2005, 03:38 PM   #65  

Hey everyone! I just got in from my stint at the church office, and lunch. The ad min bought a used saddle stitcher for me to use...and it works wonderfully! It staples the worship guides beautifully, and with no repetitive pounding by me! It has a foot pedal! Very cool! Its not a lot faster, but perhaps I will get faster as I get used to using it.

I called my neighbor as I was driving home, and stopped to get her and we went to my favorite Japanese place for lunch. I got the teriyaki chicken and a California roll. THEN, the owner came to talk with me...she always does that...and told me they have brown rice! I did not know that, but from now on, I will order that when I go there! I told her to try and figure out how to make sushi with the brown rice, and she would have tons of Sugarbusters, and South Beachers in there!

Its beautiful out! The sky is blue and sun is shining....its a bit cool, but the sunshine has me happy!

I will check in a bit later!
Old 03-18-2005, 06:04 PM   #66  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

T. G. I. F EVERY BUDDY!!!!

MAN....Am I glad this week is over! With this pinched nerve, it makes my day so long and so painful.

MONET...It's BEAUTIFUL down here today...Hope LAURA GOT SOME SUN!!!

GATOR...I feel like a DITZ....I got in on the tail end of a report and got my info screwed up! Sorry!

COUNTRY....{{{{{WELCOME BACK GIRLFRIEND!!!!}}}}}}}}}}

TECH...I absolutly love ORANGE JULIUS....I'll have to try your recipe...thanks~!

JACKIE...KATE will have her chair right up on the TV SCREEN!!! Are you kidding...she's worse than TUBBY!!!

CINDY!!!!

I'm off to BLOCKBUSTER....

BOB
Old 03-18-2005, 06:16 PM   #67  
Little Engine That Could

BOB--You are only a semi-ditz LOL Actually the LADY Gators played USF yesterday in the NIT for women and they lost. So you can be happy over that loss. The Gators beat Ohio University today by, I think, 5 points, and they played like doodoo. Jackie can probably identify after the Cats' game against the other Ky. team in the first round. The Gators played like KY. Not so great. But they won and are in the second round. Probably against Villanova. They will have to play better to get to the sweet 16.

The weather here is getting nice. A little coolish today but tomorrow is supposed to be in the 70's. Hope Laura gets some nice sun.

My DH is going to take me out to dinner tonight. He is feeling great. Someone gave him a huge Easter lily and he was smart enough to get someone to carry that heavy plant down to his car. He figured he'd be stupid to carry it himself. But the dr. said he could do anything he wanted. He IS going to the golf tournament tomorrow.

This is a big weekend in this area. There is a huge juried art show in a town about 5 miles from my house. A big event in these parts. I just got home from that and have to say that despite the high prices, the art was pretty good. It is composed of artists from all over the country, and there are no knitted doilies or decorated brooms in this art show. I saw a silversmith there who had an exhibit of silverware that she had hammered out of a bar of solid silver. It was beautiful, but at $17000 for 8 place settings, it should be.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:39 PM   #68  

BOB and GATOR: I guess Laura got to enjoy the sunshine as they were driving...she was supposed to leave Tampa this morning, and drive straight through to be back in time to get enough rest to go to work tomorrow morning!

Its awfully late, and I have no idea where my husband is. Either he decided to work late, and forgot to call, which is VERY unusual, or he was working out and forgot to call...also VERY unusual...or he is shopping for something. I hope its the latter...

GATOR: Enjoy your dinner out. Where will you go? I am hoping I can talk Tom into dinner out tonight...but probably not.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:08 PM   #69  

Im sorry another quick reply. Just got home from the hospital . My dad was taken in through emergency and admitted ( hes had quite a few trips the past 4 months) long story on that. Hope everyones week went well!

todays menu
b- mock danish, 1 slice ww lc toast
s- lc yogurt
l- leftover chicken, 3 oz
s- 2 triscuits
d- Steak griller ( from Outback) asked for no rice but replaced it with steamed brocilli, salad with Ranch
Old 03-19-2005, 12:52 AM   #70  

Just watched a movie with Tom. It was Girl With A Pearl Earring, based on the painting of that name by Vermeer. It was a great movie...I would recommend it. Especially for the insight into the way a painter sees....

I skipped dinner tonight. I was not hungry and thought why bother? Everyone else scrounged. That means they ate leftovers or whatever they could find.

CINDY: I hope your dad is ok! Keep us posted...I will keep him and your fam in my prayers....
Old 03-19-2005, 12:54 AM   #71  

I forgot to mention one of the best parts of that movie..it stars Colin Firth as Vermeer...

hubba hubba!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:14 AM   #72  
Addicted to potato salad!

Eh-hem....check out my ticker!!

Will do replies on Monday...have a great weekend, everyone!!
Old 03-19-2005, 10:01 AM   #73  

Woo Hoo! Yeah, Kris! Way to go! Are you still taking the vitamin C?
Old 03-19-2005, 10:08 AM   #74  

Good Morning! I have a busy day ahead of me! I am out of eggs, and milk, so I will make a grocery run to Harry's/Whole Foods for those. Tom and James are supposed to try and get his car running today...its been sitting in the parking lot at his work for over six months! I hope they can, as it would help everyone a LOT if he had a car to go to work in. Laura's car is still dicey. She got in last night, and went out with a friend who works at a camp for troubled teens up in north Georgia. He only gets the weekends off now and then, so she wanted to see him. James went along, and they got in really late. I hope she doesn't fall asleep at work, since she had to open this morning! Kids!

The sun is shining, and it is supposed to go up to the high sixties. I am going to prune my roses today. I hate doing it, but it is time. Then I need to fertilize them, and spray them for blackspot.

I hope to get in a good walk today as well. I am hoping to see some improvement on the scale soon. I need to get the cheats behind me. I keep expecting the doorbell to ring, and it be Jack with a stick to beat me with. Or maybe Jack AND Fillise, Fillise to kick me, Jack to whack me with a stick and Bob, waiting outside with the wagon. I sure need it.

Happy Saturday,everyone!
Old 03-19-2005, 01:26 PM   #75  

Reporting on my menu for the day so far. Breakfast was granola with almond milk. Lunch was three scrambled eggs, NSA apple juice, and two brown rice cakes. I will probably snack on a plum if they are ripe enough. If not, I may eat a green tipped banana.

I am going to try and eliminate wheat, and dairy for a few weeks and see how I feel. I have tried to do this before, and never carried through. I really want to get through a week and see whether it helps. I am planning on trying a juice fast as well, to detox. Amazon ships my order next Thursday...so I hope it gets here soon after that.

I need to go prune roses...my lunch break is over. I went to Harry's/Whole Foods, on to the next chore!
Closed Thread