Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 11-29-2004, 05:41 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/29-11/5

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...927#post722927

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 05:48 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Here's this weeks
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
thoughts for you all to start the week with - was hard to find something worthwhile to print this week, but here you go!

BECOME THE PERSON

There is a life you want to live. To experience that life, become the person who will live it.
If the circumstances of your life are not yet what you desire, there is a reason. It is because you have not yet become the person you desire to become.

The outer circumstances of your life will change for the better precisely to the extent that you change for the better inside. Become the person who can live your dream, and that dream will become real.

You cannot directly control everything in the world around you, but there is no need for that anyway. By controlling your own thoughts, feelings and actions, you can bring about anything you truly desire.

Success grows from the inside out. That's why you'll never be fulfilled by merely acquiring the tokens of success.

Become successful on the inside, to the point where the superficial tokens of success do not matter. And you will surely have more than you could ever desire.

-- Ralph Marston

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED

Out there beyond what you know you can do, a pleasant surprise awaits. Out beyond your comfort zone, there is a precious treasure waiting to be mined.

Almost every skill you now possess was once beyond your abilities. Every place where you now feel comfortable and at home, was once unknown to you.

There are more things that you can do, higher levels that you can reach. Though they seem a little intimidating from where you are now, they can soon be comfortable and familiar.

Push yourself a little bit beyond what you know you can do. And you'll discover something truly empowering.

You'll discover that you can indeed step forward into unknown territory, and you'll uncover valuable treasures you never knew you were missing. Your levels of confidence and competence will grow beyond anything you could have previously imagined.

Push yourself a little bit beyond where you are now. And you'll be pleasantly surprised with where it takes you.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 11-29-2004, 06:25 AM   #3  

Wooh! I was worried! I had a tough time getting the new weekly boards up and running. Have to contact SUSAN to ask her what's going on. Every time I tried to post the board, either one, I got an error message, so I would just try to refresh the page and / or go back and hit the post button again, but each time I kept getting a message that a post of the same name was posted within the last 5 minutes. Went and checked, no post! Keep trying and trying, nada NOT what I wanted, getting frustrated at 5am, sure not the way that I wanted to start my Monday morning

Finally, I decided to misspell the posts headers - that worked, but then I had to go back and edit them, but it finally worked. Whew!

So, now I am here and do have a few minutes before LAUREN gets up and we both have to get ready and she gets taken to school. So, a short post while I have some time and absolutely NOTHING else to do - okay, that's a lie, but nothing that I have to do at this exact moment that can't wait.

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving, ours was uneventful and the food sorta sucked. The gathering gets smaller each year as the elders start leaving us. I was upset that my GF couldn't be with us, the first time in my life. It was a bit of a fiasco. First, he couldn't come because my Uncle couldn't find a transport service to bring him to the house, THEN, 2 days before TG we find out he found a service to bring him - I was so happy Then that same Tues. night, he's put in the hospital, chest pains that the nitro won't help. Told Wed. morning he won't be getting out of the hospital, can't come to TG. Find out Wed. night, he's sprung. Aunt calls the transport service to tell them they are needed again (after cancelling before). TG day - find out that morning, GF can't go, if he leaves the rehab place, Medicare will stop - can't do that, it's his lifeline - Aunt cancels transport for the second time (they think she's nuts) and he misses out on TG - sad We all went to see him that day. He actually looked better than when I saw him on his BD (which isn't saying much if you knew the situation, but any sign of him looking better is happily taken).

I think this was the first time I've missed MICHAEL, but have to say, once I got home and saw my clean home, it passed I can't believe he'll be home in just 3 weeks!

I think I have been railroaded to having everyone over for New Years Day Okay, I'm not so worried about the house being in order, that would be easy with the way things have been, but it's motivating me to want to have my garage sale before I had planned. Patio looks bad, lots of crap out there for a future garage sale, and I'm thinking about doing it before the holidays. This would mean starting now - I need a lot of time to set it up prior to the event - lots of stuff to go through. Whatever doesn't sell, I'm posting a message on the FREECYCLE boards in my area that the following day, any thing that is remaining, anyone can come and get for FREE! If you don't know about FREECYCLE.ORG, check it out, there may be one in your area! Nothing will be held back - The only crap that will be put out on the patio will be stuff for future garage sales, and that should accumulate slowly after this.

BLACK FRIDAY - hope those of you who braved the crowds were successful in what you were searching for. I was up at 4am - nothing unusual for me these days. My friend DEBBY actually got her butt out of bed and went with me - mind you, this is a woman who can sleep til 1pm, as she proved yesterday AND take afternoon/evening naps - so this was a big feat for her and a shock for me that she really showed up! Well, I created a monster! When she saw how I shop, she couldn't believe it. Of course, she knows how I shop second hand, but seeing it firsthand, up close and personal on a mega base, she was astounded! She figured out that she saved hundreds and hundreds of dollars - I didn't do to shabby myself Oh, the deals I got! They got better - esp. on the digital cameras I got! Okay, here's just one of the deals...bought 3 Kodak cx7300 digital cameras. Don't know what the gal did, but I had her price match the one I got at Circuit City, which was cheaper. I also got a 128mb SD card as well. NOW, without going in to a blow-by-blow description, I was charged $34.99 + tax. That's for a digital camera AND the SD card! Okay, now, there's also a $10 rebate on the SD card that I have to mail in, so technically, the camera and SD card will end up costing me about $30 with taxes! Wish the other two I had bought were such a bargain, but hey, averaging them out, trust me, I did good The first one was $99 total, but has a $25 gift card, so technically, $75. I LOVE BARGAINS!

My mission this week, my closet! OMG, it's like a packed stockroom - I don't know what I have in there, but I have to get it cleaned out. Gifts I bought long ago that I put away and never gave (like crayons that say LAUREN) need to be purged and either put away for future in a way to find it easier, or if it's no longer age appropriate, sold at the garage sale. Trying to put them in big plastic containers is my goal, by who it's intended for, in hopes it will make things easier in the future. I buy all year round, so come this time of year, I usually only really have to get a few items. It has it's pros and cons.

Okay, well, I do have to skiddadle. I have to get LAUREN up, she's not yet and it's about 15 minutes before we have to leave.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. Will check in if I can - will be busy trying to clean the closet AND wrap presents - Chanukah is next week and I haven't wrapped the kids presents yet, though I do have time for MICHAEL since he won't be here during the time, so it's LAUREN, ELI, PARENTS & SISTER really. All others, which won't be til New Years, if I decide to be brave enough to do it, they once again, like TG will get a bag of coffee. Does anyone remember what happened NYD a few years ago????? And they STILL want to come to my house!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Debbie
Old 11-29-2004, 09:14 AM   #4  
Little Engine That Could

Checking in early today. I lost a pound last week. The weight ticker runs all the numbers together because it is so close. I guess I'll have to lose a bunch more weight before it will look right.
I have a busy day: The man who is gonna rebuild our waterfalls that were damaged when the tree fell on them during one of the hurricanes is coming in about 20 min., I have a lot of laundry to do, some studying to do, I want to finish 3 angel costumes for our church Christmas play, do some more studying, and leave to have dinner with my DH and go to class by 5:30.
So, I'd better get crackin'. Have a great SB day everyone.

PS, Where is SEF? Anyone called her?

GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 09:36 AM   #5  

Good Morning! I just finished breakfast! Two ww waffles with Walden Farms no sugar, no carbs, no calories, no flavor pancake syrup! Gosh that stuff is awful! The waffles, however, are awesome!

I slept very poorly. I woke up at 1:30 and could not sleep, so I went into the office and played in Tom's computer until after 4. Then I crawled back in bed, and finally feel asleep about 4:30. I woke up at 6 when Tom got up and again at 7:15 when he left. I then slept until about 8:30. This insomnia is awful. I will be out of it all day long.

GATOR: Yay for the pound! Progress is progress....I don't dare get on the scale after last night...we went out after church to a pizza place with a bunch of folks. Need I say more? I too have been wondering where SEF is.

DEB: Its good to see you post. I am sorry your Thanksgiving did not include your grandfather. There is a Judy Collins song about growing up and becoming like the adults we looked up to as kids. I often think of that song when I look around me and see how much my life has changed. Do you have SEF's number? Can you call and see if she is ok? She has not posted for several weeks, and I am kind of worried about her.

I will check back later....
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:16 AM   #6  

Good Monday morning:

I hope everyone got off on the right foot this Monday after Thanksgiving. I'm doing good so far.

I have been off-plan since Wed., but haven't overdone anything. I weighed 120#'s this morning, so I maintained over the Holiday, which is always my goal.

I read most of the posts last week, but couldn't possible catch up with everyone, so I will start posting replies from this week.

Wednesday, I went to my DD's school to help out with Grandparents Day. I got there at 10 a.m., and we left at noon. Britt, my niece and I went to see the Polar Express at the IMAX theatre....man, you really feel like you are a part of the movie with that technology; it had been many years since I had seen a movie at Imax. I then had to drive my niece home (in terrible traffic), go by my sister's and pick up the turkey and then drive home. Britt and I didn't get home until after 6 p.m., and I still had cleaning to do, and baking. I was up until nearly midnight, and then up early on Thanksgiving as well. My parents, niece and my sister and family all came over for dinner (12 total). Everything turned out great. I put a lot of finger foods out so everyone could snack and not be so ravenous when dinner rolled out (around 2:30-3:00). After everyone left and we got everything cleaned up, it was around 7 p.m., and time to get the kids cleaned up and to bed.

Friday: I went out and fought the crowds. I didn't get up real early and stand in any lines....I figured if what I want is gone when I got there, oh well! My DH wears Levi's 501's and they usually go for $46. I got him some for $31. I also got another pair of jeans for myself for $15. I got my DH the Seinfeld DVD's also, and a DVD for the kids. I had fun getting out on my own.

We also got our Christmas tree up this weekend. We ALWAYS get a live tree, but my parents gave us their artificial tree a few years ago, so we thought we'd just pull it out and see what it looked like (we could save $50-$80 by not buying a fresh one). It's actually a beautiful tree. It stands about 7 feet high and is very wide and full of big beautiful branches. I'm afraid we might get spoiled with the no watering, no pine needles all over everything, etc...But, I want to still get a real tree some years. It also has a rolling stand, so we were able to decorate it in the middle of the floor, and then roll it into place.

Of course, the elves made a visit to our house and brought gifts for the kids; they always seem to come by the night we put up our tree.

We went to the outlet mall near us yesterday, they have the tallest tree in the state; it's even taller than the one at Times Square in New York. It's hard to imagine that there are living trees like that; it is beautiful. Delaney (2-yr old) went right up to Santa and sat on his lap. Brittany (my 6-yr old) stood outside and waited. She has never liked Santa. I have one picture of her with Santa (when she was 9 months old).

Anyhow....I plan to get to the gym this afternoon....if Lane gets her nap and cooperates with me.

Deb: Thanks for starting the boards; sorry they were such trouble for you today....glad you perservered. I'm so glad you were all able to go see your GF; it would have been so sad to think of him spending Thansgiving totally alone. What a fiasco. I cannot believe the bargain you got on that digital camera...you go girl!!

Gator: So good to see your posts again; you were missed. It sounds as if you have a busy day ahead.

Monet: For my waffles/pancakes...I mix dark agave with light agave and sprinkle with some cinnamon. The entire family now eats them that way. I really like it. I sure hope you can get some sleep soon; it's gotta be taking a toll on your body. I could not find the Smart Balance shortening at my Super Wal-Mart; I'll have to check some of my local grocers; maybe some of the bigger health food stores.

Well, I gotta run.

Have a great OP day!!
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:33 AM   #7  

Good morning. Its raining cats and dogs here in old Missouri. I think its been raining all night. At least its not snow! We've got a nice fire going in our wood stove so all is cozy. I think its making me kind of lazy this morning. I hate I have to miss my walk outside and might have to fire up the treadmill. I also need to bite the bullet and get on the scale and get it over with. Here it is Monday and I have a choice to start my week off OP or not. I'm going to choose this is a new week and I want to be OP and quit fooling around. I'm making a mess of the holidays by my bad eating habits and need to straighten that out right now!!! I've got some gifts to wrap for the mail this week. I sure do hate to mail things. But I'll get this done and it will be one less thing.

Debilli- Its so good to hear from you. Sounds like you've got it under control if you're going to clean a closet out. I sure need to do mine. Wish there was some way to have a garage or patio sale here in the winter. I've got so much stuff I'd like to get rid of. Sorry your GF couldn't come TG. But its good he's looking better and you all could go see him.

Pancho- You do so well with your eating. You're such a hero and an example of maintaining. It sounds like it was fun at your house this week end with the tree and the elves. We got our little Charley Brown Tree up an a few things under it too.

Gator- Its so good to "read" you and congradulations on the pound. Way to go gal!!!! I hope the guy gets your waterfalls all built today and they look super....

Monet- I'm so sorry you're have trouble sleeping. I know that has to be miserable. Hopefully it will get better soon. I'm in such envy of your ww waffles. It would probably take 20 years to get them back here in Missouri.

Guess I'm going to go make some breakfast now. I'm a little late on that this morning. Have a great day everyone....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Ladies,

Hope everyones TG was great. Mine was legal except for 1T of dressing. My SF pies turned out great. The chocolate one was scarfed up quickly. Only had 1 pc of pumpkin left too. Headed out early Friday shopping with my girls. They have to pick everything out. Could never suit them. I hate that they don't have any surprises. My youngest has a few things on her list that I can get w/o her. Did get lots done. Missed out on the digital camera that Target ran for $97.00 4.0mp. Oh well. Will just have to watch the adds until Xmas. Did great eating while shopping Friday. Friday night went to H**L. Had 2 pcs of pizza and some nacho chips. Sat was ok other than a few chips. yesterday was legal other than a blizzard from DQ & 2 tiny cookies. Now I know I wasn't totally legal, but the scale this morning was up 10 lbs. I don't think that is quite justified. I was totally devasted. I haven't had any water pills since Thursday, so maybe that is part of it. So I took 3 today. I hate that scale.

Deb, sorry your GF missed TG. It seems each year there is someone missing from our holidays. I hate getting older. I even hate that my DD has to go to her in-laws and can't spend the whole day with us. Should have married an orphan. Sounds like you have more cleaning to battle. Good luck. Great deals on Friday. I missed the Target digital camera.

Monet, sorry you are having such a time sleeping. Gotta cut out those naps during the day maybe. But it is hard when you don't sleep at night. Have you tried Tylenol PM or anything else?

Pancho, I want to see the Polar Express. We don't get to movies much. Also heard Christmas with the Kranks is halarious. Wegot all of our decorating done this weekend too. That's the good t hing about artifical trees. I miss the smell of pine, but it beats the cleanup.

Got to get busy. Lots of work when you are off for 4 days and your boss isn't. Hae a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Gator, oops! I didn;t mean to leave you out. Congrats on the lb. Hope you get your yard all back together. I know it has really upset you being torn apart like that. Sorry your TG was so horrible. Kids..gotta love them or else. Nothing you can do but pray like Monet said. One day they will realize.

Toni, it is supposed to rain here again tonight and tomorrow and Wed. It has been raining for 3 weeks. I'm sick of it. I'm with you, lets make it a OP week and month. I have no problem during the week, it's those weekends that kill me.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:05 PM   #10  

Hi everyone,

I have been at the dentist this morning. My final quandrant is finally done. My gums are healing well but I will have to do fillings on 2 teeth and pull out all my wisdom teeth which I am perfectly fine with them. I am just glad I can start maintaining what I am blessed with instead of destroying them (by not going to the dentist for so many years...lol).

Dh is off today so I won't spend too much time here now but just want to let you guys know where I am. Monet, I bought the ww waffles from Publix and had them for breakfast this morning. I have to agree that they are great. Yes, not exactly like your regular not-so-healthy ones but I think that they are great for whole wheat. I am happy with them. Jess thanked me so much for giving her waffles ....lol. She hasn't has one for a while now

I am hoping we will do something later today but not sure what yet. Anyway, I will try to get online tonight. Good day everyone!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 05:18 PM   #11  

Afternoon! Not much going on here. I went for a nice walk this afternoon, and took a shower. Other than that, I can't tell you much about what I did today!

I need to go shopping tonight...I need a bunch of stuff. I am hoping I can talk Mr. Tom into going with me to Harry's/Whole Foods, and Publix. I am not sure I will be successful, but I am hoping.

Will check in later!

KENG: I am glad you liked the waffles! I think they are awesome! Probably just because I have been looking for some for ages!
Old 11-29-2004, 06:55 PM   #12  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Had to go to the DOC this afternoon about my hand. He has now taken me out of work for TWO WEEKS!!! In that time, I have 12 sessions of occupational therapy. He said there is a cluster of nerves at the site of my IV that control the flow of blood into the fingers. The needle evidently damaged these nerves. The "bird" finger takes the brunt nerve wise when there is damage. I can't begin to tell you how much this hurts!

JULIA...Did you see my post yesterday about the antibiotics? If not, PLEASE go back and read it! I absolutely hate deep cleanings! Be careful with those wisdom teeth...I'll keep all fingers and toes crossed for no dry sockets!

GATOR...be sure to post pictures when the waterfall is complete...it was so pretty before and there is little room for better!

MONET...my WHOLE FOODS opens up on the 8th....can't wait! It's gonna be huge and I'll be able to spend hours in there!

JACKIE...sorry you missed that camera...but like you said...watch the ads...someone will have a good deal!

TONI...rain UGH!!! You can do OP....if you slip, just yell for the wagon!

NAT...sounds like you've had a busy weekend! Thanks for the info on Polar Express..I want to see that at the movie...it's one that will be good at home, but BETTER at the movies!

DON'T FORGET TO WATCH MISSY'S FAMILY ON WIFE SWAP TONIGHT~~~~

Gotta run...I'm starving!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 11-29-2004 at 07:02 PM.
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 09:18 PM   #13  

Evening! Tom and I ran over to Wally world...he needed oil for the truck and I needed a few things. I hate that place. I did find a pair of light support panties, that were cheap. They are nice...they are too short though. I may go back and get the Hanes ones that were more long waisted, and over twice the price. The doctor said this may help the swelling in my lower belly.

I got a new cookbook today...its a fruit sweetened, sugar free cookbook. I can't wait to look through it. It was in the mail box as we were leaving. We just got in. I am going to make chili for small group tomorrow night. I never did make it to Harry's or Publix, but did get some of what I needed at Wally world...tomorrow morning, I will go to Harry's then Publix.

BOB: You poor thing! I can't believe you have to deal with this now too. I hope they can get it all better pronto!

Ok, this cook book is calling to me! Later!
Old 11-30-2004, 12:53 AM   #14  

Hey all-- Feeling a bit better today, had an appetite anyway with no nausea. Still have the headache though.

Here is my menu---

B-- 1/2 c Fiber One with 4 oz strawberries, 1/4 c ff milk, 8 drops liquid Splenda, Lite 85.

Snack--apple

Lunch--Garden salad (romaine lettuce, mushrooms, radishes, cucumber, green onion) with canned chicken, Lite bleu cheese dressing. 1 SF Nips

Snack--apple with 2 T NSA peanut butter.

Dinner--Roast chicken breast with 1/4 c WW stuffing, 2 oz sf cranberries, 1/2 c green beans, 3 oz sweet potato.

Dessert-- 1/2 c sf Jello with light whipped cream.

Hope to get in some replies tomorrow, am also hoping to get some exercise in. Have missed since Friday.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:12 AM   #15  

Good morning! Not much happening here...I had two waffles and bacon for breakfast. I am out of waffles now, so I am planning a trip to Publix for more!

I slept ok last night, and this morning, the belly swelling is much better. I think there is some truth to walking being the only thing that helps. So I will endeavor to get in a walk today, even though I have tons to do and the weather has turned gray again.

The fruit sweetened cookbook I got is wonderful! I am going to look at Harry's/Whole Foods this morning for some of the ingredients they recommend. One is a fruit concentrate sweetner made from pears, pineapple and peaches. I know the pineapple is not legal, but I am hoping this stuff will work for the rest of the family. They also tell you how to make the right concentration using frozen fruit concentrate...like 100% apple juice. If I can't find the stuff, I will try making my own. I will keep you all posted...and share any good recipes. The author of the book is the chef at the Ranch House in Corwin Springs, Montana, right near Yellowstone. They serve all these NSA desserts at that place...makes me want to go there bad! I have always wanted to see Yellowstone as it is!

I will check back in later...I need to go investigate the odd noises I am hearing. Having three kittens is worse than having two two year olds, I swear!