Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 12-07-2004, 05:44 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

I hope Country is enjoying her day!

Well, I feel like the goodyear blimp today! I feel so fat and bloated. Doesn't help that I'm retaining some fluid. My face is really puffy. I've let it effect my mood today. Haven't done nothing but sit around the house today and eat! I did keep it all legal though. I missed my AM workout. Fortunately, I'm the instructor so I HAVE to teach tonight and at least I'll get 1 good one in, just makes me miss my goal for the week. Yesterday...all I had at the party was cheese cubes(too many). They had premium chocolates set out and then they made this "braid" with crescent rolls, chicken, cranberries, celery, walnuts, mayo. It smelled and looked divine but I stayed away. It was hard but I think the only thing that helped me was my friend introducing me to everyone as her aerobics instructor,lol. Couldn't be a piggy after that,lol. I think I will weigh tomorrow although I know it will be mad especially with the fluid retention. For supper tonight, I baked a Honeysuckle turkey breast. Plan on making turkey, mayo, and cheese sandwiches. Tomorrow, I will work on watching my portions and starches. It seems that my second day getting back on track is always the hardest.

Julia- I think most people mean well, although we could do without their intentions,lol. Sometimes while at gatherings I'll say something like I don't need that or whatever and someone will chime in and say after all you've lost, go ahead and indulge. DUH! If I indulged on that principle then I'd be plus sized again in no time.

Pancho- Let me know how she's doing. I was just fixing to send another email to the family. I sent one a couple weeks ago and never heard anything back.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:22 PM   #32  
Little Engine That Could

Hi everyone,
Here's something I forgot to post earlier. The USAToday newspaper had a very interesting article re. sleep loss and weight loss. The article says that if you are not sleeping well, it is harder to lose weight, according to studies. Here is the URL for the whole article.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ght-gain_x.htm

GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:08 PM   #33  

Default Picture of Gator's waterfall....

Here is a picture of Gator's waterfall. Sure looks pretty!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gatorsfalls.jpg (15.1 KB, 59 views)
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:17 PM   #34  

Uh, I lost my whole dadgum post!!!!! Well, I'm not retyping everything. Gator- the waterfall is very pretty.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:37 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning,

ope the scale is good to everyone today. I think I am down 1.5 pounds. I haven't gone back to look at my record I keep.

Got in my 20 minutes of tereadmill and about 15 minutes wt training. Dinner was bean soup and it was pretty good.

Monet, Don't think a year and a half will make your DD normal. Mine is 22 and Sat night theyleft the house at 11:45 p.m. I think she brought the newspaper in when she got home. I sure hope those kittens don't knock that tree down.

Techwife, congrats on the loss. You might try to find Healty Life bread or some other brand. The slices are 1/2 of a regular slice. I think only 35 calories. Sp 2 pieces == 1 starch. I don't like all that bread anyway.

Country, Happy Birthday. Hope it was a great one!

Ken, glad you had a great trip. Don't worry about your food. That's what vacations are for. Jess sure is a friendly child. You will have to watch her later.

Heart, WTG eating at the party. I knew you could do it.

Gator, heard that story. Gues it figures if you are sleeping you can't be eating. What a beautiful waterfall. I know you are happy it is back.

Got to run to a meeting. Be back later I hope.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:10 PM   #36  

Hey, guys. I got my workout in for the day. Doing better with my eating today. I did weigh-in this AM. I'm up 1.5 #'s from last WIW. So that's a total of 3 above my low(159). Considering how my eating has been, I was actually surprised it wasn't double that. But still, 3 pounds is 3 pounds, and I still have a couple of Christmas dinners to attend coming up. So I need to concentrate on keeping it as legal as I can and not binge-eating on the weekends. Oh yea, Boogie got his cast off this morning. Wasn't that great of an experience. He heard the saw and freaked. This elderly lady was getting her cast taken off so we took Boogie to watch her thinking he will see that it doesn't hurt,etc...well, that grown lady was a wus. She was making all kind of faces like it hurt or something. Let me tell ya that just did wonders for Boogie. We ended up having to hold him down. Anyway, they took an Xray and said it looks good but then they gave him a velcro splint to wear for a week during the day. Then he should be "all well." Last night, Ashley was complaining of a headache and had fever so I kept her home today. Thankfully, it just seems to be a cold. Well, we got word that they are fixing to submit the paperwork for funding on our house to see if the funds are available for the loan. Please keep your fingers crossed that they are! I'm ready to get the ball rolling! Well, I need to get off this computer and eat my lunch, my stomach is really growling.

BF- was small granny smith apple and LC yogurt
Lunch- I made turkey salad(egg, mayo, turkey, apple, relish, onion). Probably make a sandwich and eat the rest with celery.
Snack-?? spoon of PB
Supper- making Poppy Seed Chicken(and rice for the rest of family), green beans, and lemon pepper and butter cauliflower.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:14 AM   #37  
Addicted to potato salad!

Okay, so I decided to put on a new ticker. It's still okay for us to use them, right? I know, I read some things about how they were bogging things down, but then I thought I read somewhere where the bogging seemed to go away as well.

Anyhow...down to 173!! Yay!! I still have yet to get passed my 170 barrier, but I'll forge ahead just the same eating the yummy food I'm allowed on this diet!! Really...it is a very satisfying plan...I love eating poached eggs on toast for breakfast with oranges and ham and swiss on ww for lunch or tuna on ww. And forcing myself to eat an apple for a snack. One key I'm noticing is that when I have that hunger pang in mid afternoon, I'm thinking this is not a good thing because the body tends to go into anti-starvation mode and store fat...am I right? So, it's better to eat an apple and stave off the hungry feeling.

Well, off to get the young one off to school!! Bye everyone!!

Techwife
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:14 AM   #38  
Goddess

Default Good Morning everyone!

We look to be in for some nasty weather today. It's way too warm for December--79 on Tues and 75 yesterday--and now the colder air is coming. At least it will feel more like Christmas!

An update on my friend's baby--She got through the surgery on Tuesday and the DRs feel it was a success. It was more complicated than they had planned on because there was more wrong than they thought, but as of Tuesday afternoon they were optimistic. I haven't heard anything else.

An update on the chocolate fountain at Tuesday's party--it was gorgeous and I admired how pretty it was but I DIDN'T EAT A THING! I met a friend and we had a big dinner (spinach salad and steak) and I was too full to eat anything. Not that that usually stops me, but it did this time. Yipee!

I have a Christmas dinner with friends tomorrow night, 2 weddings on Saturday, and another party (with the Chocolate fountain) on Sunday night. The weekend is going to be a freakin obstacle course!

Tech--as far as I know the tickers are ok--I'm sure they will slow things down if you have a dial-p connection. Of course these pages were always very slow for me when I was using dial-up. I haven't noticed any difference on my broadband.

Heart--I can sympathize with Boogie! When I was eight I broke my arm and the day they came towards me with that saw I was terrified!!! Poor thing, I don't blame him one little bit. You give him a hug from Aunt Susu!

Jackie--WTG on the 1.5 lbs!!!!! Anyone who loses this time of the year is a champ! How's the shoulder?

Gator--You're waterfall looks gorgeous! I know it has to feel better getting things back into some sort of order again. It's different, but it's beautiful!

Monet--Still on for Tuesday? Have fun with the kitties and the tree! I don't put anything breakable on mine because of you-know-who. Peir One had some gorgeous shiney springs of stuff that would make a tree really pretty, but could not be hurt by kitties. It was also pretty inexpensive too--I think.

Julia--It sounds like you had a great trip! Your DD sounds like she is really outgoing! Glad to have you back.

Crystle-Happy Belated Birthday!!! I hope it was a good one and this is a year filled with joy and a year in which you see the magc number!!!!! You know what I mean!

Sebray, Teensy--Hey!

Happy Hannaukah Deb!

Have a grat OP day everyone!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:37 AM   #39  

Morning! We will not discuss how lousy I slept. I am in a bit of a foul mood because of that. The weather is gray and nasty. Today is James birthday and he has requested Dim Sum for lunch...Tom is even going to meet us at the place at lunchtime! Supposedly Ruth is coming in too, but I won't hold my breath.

Breakfast was two ww waffles, with real maple syrup, which is NOT legal.

I just wanted to check in. I will be back later....
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:32 PM   #40  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!

I see our HOLIDAY DROP OFF HAS STARTED!!! For all you NEWBIES...this is totally normal for us...it really started later this year than usual!

BOB IS SO EXCITED!!!!! WHOLE FOOD OPENED YESTERDAY!!! Haven't been down there yet, it's a zoo and I'll wait...it's not going anywhere....

GATOR....it's probably 2 1/2 times bigger than yours....I can't wait....

I've got to go to BEST BUY, but I'm waiting for the lunch traffic to be over...THEN, I've got to get back home, wrap what I'm sending to Cathy's family and get it to the UPS store...

After my therapy yesterday, I went out to the outlet mall and made the mistake of stopping at the sheet store....80% off of RALPH LAUREN SHEETS!!! I got 3 sets plus two sets of pillow cases for $59!!!!! I bought the bright colors....RED...YELLOW, and BLUE...I can interchange and have the brightest bed on the block! I'm going back and get more....at this price....you CAN'T BEAT IT!!!!

SUSAN....I see by the weather map that your weather is headed our way and by the weekend, it will be in the 50's here!

MONET...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JAMES!!!!!

Enjoy your lunch...and sneek in a nap this afternoon....
I discovered a new game....UP WORDS on REAL ARCADE and I'm thinking about buying the full version....have you tried it?

TECH....CONGRATS!!!! and I like the new tickers

I'm off to catch a shower

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:27 PM   #41  

The board is definetly slowing down. Where is Pancho? Today is rather warm and so have been the past few days, but cooler weather is on its way. I got my AM workout in and have to teach exercise this evening at church. I weigh a pound more today than yesterday but TOM showed up this morning. Tomorrow will probably be another pound or 2, but I know it's all TOM related because I was "good" yesterday and will be today. I really don't have much to say. Kinda uneventful, rainy, dreary day...

BF- was 2 eggs and 2 slices bacon with a cup of CC 2% milk
Lunch- will be my famous tuna salad made with veggies, tuna, cheese, onions, egg, and Ranch dressing
Snack- Dunno, I'm out of PB and fruit!
Supper- making taco salad(the rest of the family eats this with Doritos)...seasoned hamburger meat, lettuce, refried beans, cheese, salsa, sour cream
Old 12-09-2004, 02:51 PM   #42  

Hi everyone:

The last time I was on the board was Friday, and I typed up a long post and replied to everyone and lost it....so, if anyone asked me anything specific, I am sorry.

I just caught up on posts, but don't have time for replies today. You will probably not see much of me for awhile. I have a lot of stuff going on right now. Britt has her school concert tonight, I want to workout at some point tomorrow, and then we have my Dh's work party. I am going to the gym Sat. a.m., and then to Wal-Mart to pay off my Christmas layaway and take Lane's bike over to my mom's house to store until Christmas Eve. Britt gets out of school next Friday, and then we will be baking, and delivering our goodie baskets to friends, doctors, hairdresser, etc... When Britt is out of school, she has an appt. w/ homeopathic doctor to be retested (she is doing awesome, by the way), and an appt. with an orthopedic doctor to make some orthos for her shoes. I also have an appt. w/ an endodontist for a "problem" tooth, and may need to see a periodontist (long story....went to a non-reputable dentist over 5 years ago that messed up my tooth...told me I had a cavity, but didn't, and filled it and bonded it together with another tooth - ended up having a root canal I never needed....I have had nothing but problems since then). Lane is deciding she doesn't want to sleep anymore. She woke up at 3 a.m. and said she wasn't sleepy anymore; I didn't get her back to sleep until almost 5 a.m., and then she had to get up by 7 a.m. She has been down for a nap for the past 45 minutes but won't go to sleep.....aye yie yie. She doesn't seem to be sick, and she hasn't said that anything is bothering her.

Please know that I am eating good, and intend to continue doing so. I am getting to the gym at least 3 days a week, but my goal is 4...and I usually hit my goal. My weight has been fluctuating from 120-121.5#'s.

I also came to a bit of a revelation the other day....my computer time is taking away from my time with the kids and my daily chores (housework, etc..). When Britt was a baby, we didn't have internet connection, and I spent a lot of quality time with her. I don't feel like I spend enough time w/ Lane. I seem to put her "needs" off when I am in the middle of a post, etc...so I need to get my priorities straight, and only post when I feel like I can without jeopardizing my time w/ the girls and when it is not keeping me away from chores. Like now, I have a dishwasher that needs to be unloaded and reloaded and laundry to do before Britt's concert tonight.

Know that you are all in my thoughts, and I will read posts when I can, and I will post when I can.

You have all been so wonderful and supportive and I feel so close to so many of you. Know that I am not deserting you, but I'm just not going to be so "regular" with my posts.

Thanks!!

God Bless & Happy Holidays!
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 03:23 PM   #43  

Hi everyone...

Sorry I didn't manage to do any replies yet but I have read all the posts. I have lots of chores to do at home, not very exciting I know...lol. At last I get my car washed yesterday and today, I planned to organize the mess I still have to create some filing for dh's business and have yet to do so. His papers are all over the place and they drives me nuts!

I spent the whole morning doing Christmas shopping for Jess and dh today. I set a budget for Jess and tried to fit in as many items as I can...lol but didn't spend close to her budget which I am glad. I might get her some books and a tape at a discount store next week. I bought dh a coffee maker and Jess couldn't wait to tell him what we bought for him...lol. So the secret is out but at least he doesn't know which coffee maker I bought him...lol. Little girl sure cannot keep any secrets...lol. I am so glad my Christmas shopping is done. Th rest of other gifts to dh's niece and nephews will be "cash" (we send them checks) so that is easy. Now, I just need to send those Christmas cards off

Here's my menu for today :

Breakfast : 1 ww waffle, 1 fried egg and 2 sausages. Water.

Lunch : Baked basa fish, saute green beans and onions and linguini with veges and herbs.

Snack : Fruit salad.

Dinner : :Leftover green beans, linguini and will probably add a protein like chicken.

PANCHO : I understand what you meant. I had that revelation a while back and cut back a lot on my online times. Jess really loves it and so do I. Somehow, I have forgotten about that lately and definitely need to get my priority straight as well. I will mostly do replies at nightime after Jess is asleep. Thanks for reminding me of what I need to do.

I will catch up with the rest of you tonight. Good day everyone!!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 03:24 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon ladies,

I thought I would never get on here today. I wasn't in the office much yesterday and today is catch up.

Went to the plastic surgeon yesterday and got my tattoos. They actually help make the nipples look more real. I'm pleased except I can't get in the hot tub for 2 weeks. :sad:

Since I got home early, I got in 1 1/2 miles on the treadmill. I had been wanting to increase it so that was my chance. Also got my wt training in too. 3 days so far this week. Hope to get my TM in tonight before we have dinner with friends. I will have to get up and do it in the morning since we go out from work on Fridays.

Please say a prayer for my DD, they have a potential buyer for their house. It will mean that they will move in with us until they find one but that is ok. I just want them to move in closer.

Techwife, yes it's o to eat an apple for snack. Much better than junk. Yeah for your 173 That is great. Just keep going.

Susan, WTG on passing up the chocolate fountain. You've got some hard times ahead, but you can do it. Shoulder is fine. Go figure. Glad to hear the baby is doing good. Hope she continues to improve.

Monet, I'm so sorry you slept poorly. Hope you day has improved.

Bob, that is a great deal on sheets. Grab them up. Did the therapy help your finger any? WF has ww pie crusts and Amy's ww pizza.

Heart, don't let TOM sabbatoge you. Hang in there.

Nat, we understand everyone is busy, especially this time of year. Pop in when you can even just to say hello.

Got to run, have a great day!
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 04:30 PM   #45  

It's me again...killing time. PANCHO- we understand it's that time of the year when alot of people are busy, it'll slow down a bit and get more into routine later on. What bike did you get your DD? We got Boogie a Spiderman bike and scooter stashed in the shed. Ashley "used" to be into Barbie everything. Now it's Bratz.

JULIA- I wished I like fish, I see that you eat it often. The only seafood I will eat is tuna and it has to have Ranch or mayo on it. So now I'm taking the fish oil capsules.

Jack-k- Oh, TOM won't sabatoge me. I get my cravings the week before TOM(I had a binge last week). Right now, I feel in total control. Just hate the fluid weight that tags along with it.

Well, I don't have anything to report. Going to surf the web for a bit before I prepare supper. I always cook before I exercise at the church, but don't eat until about 7:30 when I get back home.