Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 11-15-2004, 06:14 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/15-11/21

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...532#post715532

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 06:14 AM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

My day is starting very early Will be on later this afternoon - PROMISE! Until then, here's the
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
thoughts for you all to start the week with - I like the second one on a personal note

YOUR EXPECTATIONS

Your expectations can make things more difficult than they would otherwise be. Or they can make things go better than they would otherwise go.
Much depends on what you expect. Positive expectations often pave the way for positive experiences.

Other people pick up on your expectations and, more often than not, will act in accordance with them. So it pays to expect the best of others.

The person most influenced by your expectations is you. When you genuinely expect the best of yourself, something inside you will do everything possible to deliver.

The great thing is, your expectations are yours to decide. No complex skills or scarce resources are needed in order for you to expect the best of yourself, of others, of this day and this moment.

Your expectations set the range within which your reality operates. Expect the best, and you greatly increase your chances of getting it.

-- Ralph Marston

CHANGES BUILD YOU

Take on a difficult challenge and bring yourself fully to life. Whatever the challenge demands from you, it also gives in even greater measure.

For when you step forward to meet a challenge, you connect with the best you have. As you work through the challenge, whatever strength and ability you possess grows even stronger.

There is treasure contained in each challenge you face. Your effort and persistence forge the path to that treasure.

Often you'll work through a difficult challenge only to be met with an even greater one. Rather than curse the unfairness of it all, stop and consider how fortunate you are.

For the first challenge has well prepared you for the next. And the next challenge will take you where previously you never could have dared to imagine.

As the challenges come, let them build you. And the richness of life grows and grows.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 07:22 AM   #3  

Good Morning! Monet slept like a log last night! Hooray! Why didn't I think to turn on my electric mattress pad before last night? I put it on kind of high and woke up this morning with most of the swelling gone and having slept for like four hours at a time instead of just 1.5!

My friend/neighbor/massage therapist is coming over for breakfast this morning. She is really busy and this was the only time we could find to get together. It works for me! I am always up this early, and I need to eat!

I hopped on the scale...down another pound or so. Not going to count it until Wednesday though.

I will be back later to hopefully find some posts to respond to!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies

I hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to jump feet first into this week. I know I am. I had a long talk with myself and I am entering this week with a renewed spirit and determination and strong will.

Monet, glad you slept so well last night. I haven't plugged in my mattress pad yet. I do love that thing, but a little concerned about the hot flashes during the night. If I use the matress pad I may never get cooled down. Enjoy your breakfast.

I'm off to read what I missed over the weekend. Be back later. Have a great OP day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 09:51 AM   #5  
Goddess

Default Morning all!

Miss Belle has decided to climb into my arms for a snuggle--purr. I love thid so I'm typing one handed.

Since Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and since we have a lot of new folks on the board, I thought we might begin to share our strategies for an OP Thanksgiving. I'm on record that Thanksgiving is one of the easiest holidays to stay OP since the main attraction--TURKEY--is completely legal! I make my dressing out of WW bread (Tear it and dry it out in a 200 degree oven a day or two before and use it just like you would any other bread--season to taste, add a little celery, moisten with a touch of butter and some turkey broth and you are good to go! I add oysters to miine--YUM!). The key is to made yourself a dessert that you can eat. I make an apple pie with a WW crust. Monet's piecrust recipe is my favorite (It's on the recipe board) and I use the pie filling recipe on the Spenda boxes.

How about everyone else?

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week! That means Christmas is just around the corner and that's the hard one for me--everyone is pushing sweets at you at every turn!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 09:57 AM   #6  

Good morning...

We had a cool night and I know we were below freezing. I am glad to see the sun this morning. I just had my breakfast and had some housework to be done today, yea, not very exciting

I will have to go back to re-read some of the posts that were posted the last weekend and will come back to do some replies later. In the meantime, here is my menu :

Breakfast : 1 piece of small leftover ww pancake, 1.5 scrambled eggs with cheese. Few sips of dd's chocolate milk (I was dying for some chocolate milk this morning....lol).

Snack : Fruit salad.

Lunch : Baked marinated salmon (Teensy's recipe but not sure if I get it exactly but close enough...lol), brown rice pilaf (with veggies) and a salad (thinking of cucumber salad)

Snack : Fruit salad and nuts.

Dinner : Not sure yet.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:15 AM   #7  

Good Morning:

Where do I start? Hmmmm....well, we did not end up going out to dinner for our Anniversary. I didn't feel comfortable leaving Britt with anyone since she wasn't feeling well. I also didn't feel right exposing someone to her germs. Her fever got over 105 on Friday and she was so tired, she would just fall asleep wherever she laid down. She kept an ongoing fever all weekend and the sickness turned into a chest cold. She was pretty miserable. Her fever broke this morning (actually below normal), so I sent her on to school. I hope the fever is officially gone, and I don't get a call to go get her. Delaney's ear infection appears to be cleared up, and she will finish the rest of her antibiotic this morning. I feel a little bit of tightness in my chest, but hope to not get this crud. I did bring home 15 beautiful roses with babies breath for my DH on Saturday, and he bought me a beautiful bouquet of mixed flowers and a big rose balloon. So, it was a nice day anyway.

I did get up at 4 a.m. to go to the gym this morning since I won't be able to go this afternoon. I am supposed to volunteer in Britt's class for awhile helping the kids with reading. One of the moms in her class is going to watch Lane for me in return for me watching her kids when she volunteers next week. We may make a regular thing of this, so I would be going to the gym early on Mondays a few times a month.

Has anyone seen or heard about the movie Polar Express? I am not sure if it is appropriate for Britt's age (6 yrs old). I think it sounds good, but not sure what the exact plot of the storyline is???? It is showing at the Imax here, and would be fun to go see on the huge screen.

Sebray: Welcome aboard. Do you regularly get 12-13 hours sleep per night? Gheez, that could be causing the insomnia . If I get anymore than 7 hours a night, I am no good. I function better on 6-8 hours of sleep, and am tired all day if I get more sleep than that. In order to get 12 hours of sleep, I'd have to go to bed at 6 p.m., that's 2 hours before my kids (ha). Good luck to you with this woe/wol. It is a tough time of year to get started, so I have to commend you there.

Bride: The sooner you step on that treadmill, the sooner you will be getting into a regular routine of it. It feels so good and invigorating once you get going that you will be motivated to keep going. JUST DO IT! That's a Nike commercial, right?

Monet: Glad you got a good night's rest. I'm sure the heated blanket helped a lot. I have a cherry-pit and corn filled pillow, and when it is that dreaded TOM, I heat them both up and put one on my abdomen and one on my lower back when I go to bed; it helps tremendously with the pain and bloating. You'll be back on track soon.

Jack-K: You go girl.

Fillise: Great idea to share ideas for the newbies. NEWBIES....PLUG YOUR EARS.....I'd like to share my ideas, but I don't have any plans to be OP for Thanksgiving. It will be a free day for me to enjoy those foods that I only get to eat one time of year. I will not go overboard, and I will eat everything in moderation. But, I will eat everything I want for dinner and I will eat what I want for dessert. I will then send the desserts home with everyone else, and jump right back on plan on Friday morning. This has a lot to do with me being at my goal weight too. I'll probably even go to the gym early on Friday since DH is off work. The key is moderation and being able to jump back on track instead of letting this one day derail you for days/weeks/months.

Ken: Howdy!!! Is Jess feeling better today? How are you feeling; are you staying well?

Gotta run; Lane needs me.

Take care and have a great OP day.
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:34 AM   #8  

Alright, back to catch up before I start to do my housework

COUNTRY : Your latest pic looks different from the one you posted a while back. You now have long hair..lol. You look great as usual. I am feeling better. I know my body is fighting the cold pretty well since I didn't get it bad at all. Hope you have a nice day today

OMISOLGAL : Welcome!! This is an awesome board and we have people with different kinds of experience and stories, so please ask away and I am sure someone will be able to help you with any uncertainty you might have. Glad you are here!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

FRUIT : Not a role model? Think again. You are still here even when things don't go as well and I praise you for that. You could have given up but you didn't. So, that itself is a good role model, don't you think??

MONET : I know the antibiotic won't help my cold infact I think it weaken my immune system so I am more prone to colds etc. I am still taking the acidophilis (sp?) tablets and it must be working well. It has been 3 weeks since I finished the diflucan pills and has yet to feel any yeast coming back. Ahhhh...so nice I am feeling much better already. Glad you slept good last night. Yea to the mattress pad!

SEBRAY : You actually sleep for 12 to 13 hours normally? Can you stay asleep for that long or do you wake up in the middle of the night? I usually get about 7 hours or sometimes 6, which is my own fault. If I get 7 hours, I feel very good the next day. Sometimes I get lazy too and ended up eating anything that is easy. Carbs alone usually doesn't last long in my tummy and like you, I would be trying to find something to eat in 2 hours. So, I can relate to your day yesterday.

BOB : Thanks for the movie tips, I do have a lot of movies to catch up...now add 3 more to my list...lol. Thanks for your encouragement on my driving test. I am going to stay calm when the time comes...hopefully I am feeling much better already...dd is definitely taking the cold harder than me but she is getting better too.

DIANE : Don't feel bad about the treadmill, you are not the only one who find it hard to exercise. I bought a exercise bike last year and still struggling to ride on it. I am still trying though...lol. Hey, yard work is a good exercise too WTG, you did very well at the auction dinner. I am so proud of you too. Oh, pigging out on salads are actually good...lol.

HEART : Sorry to hear about Boogie's wrist. That sounds scary. I bet it hurts you more than it hurts him...lol. I know you can do better with your eating this week...you can do it!!

FILLISE : Great TG strategy!! I am not sure if I will be cooking since we might join my neighbor for TG dinner. It has been like that the last 2 years.

JACK-K : I know you will will bounce back even stronger, you can do it!

DEB : Thanks for starting the board again. Hope you have a nice day!

I am all caught up with the posts so I am going to do some cleaning now...hopefully...lol. Good day!

Julia
Old 11-15-2004, 10:43 AM   #9  

PANCHO : We must be posting around the same time. I am sorry you had to cancel your anniversary plan but make sure you rearrange it for another day when the girls are feeling better. I am glad Britt is feeling better today and hope she continues to get better. Jess is better much better. Her cough is gone except with a little runny nose now. I am doing good too. Thanks for checking on us.

Julia
Old 11-15-2004, 10:50 AM   #10  
Going to Meet My Goal!

thanks for the welcomes....no i dont usually sleep 12-13 hours lol sorry if i gave that impression...i have cycles of insomnia...have all my life.....where i cant sleep at all so im up 2 days at a time untill my body just crashes.....and then ill sleep for about 5 hours and get up and do it all over again...then after about a month of that ill start going to bed at normal hours (10pm and get up at 6am) but if im more then 30 mins late getting to bed my body wont let me get up at 6....that is when i sleep close to 12 hours....my body's way of trying to catch up on the sleep it missed when i have my insomnia cycle i suppose....as long as i try to keep a normal schedual when i *am* sleeping then im fine...but if i deviate from that in the slightest my body rebels big time

well im off to make that spinach and cheese omlet that i was going to have for breakfast yesterday....lol .... i sweet talked kevin into cleaning the skillet for me today

Alison
sebray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

I was hungry so I thought I would come here first and see if it passes.

OK how did you all get those cute little tickers on the bottom of your page. I went to the site and did one, but not sure how to get it to show on here and how does it change?

Susan, I'm so glad you said something. I was just thinking hte other day about when I first came here it was all about how to stay op and especially thru the holidays. Recipes were posted all the time. i know I need the hlep this year and I'm sure there are others like me. I agree TG is easy to stay OP. I am going to whole Foods to find some ww pie crusts. I am in charge of taking the snacks TG to my sisters. That is easy too. Veggie tray, fruit trays, legal taco salad. WW tortilla roll-ups. There are lots of things to do if you put your mind to it.

Julia, it was 32 here today, but warming up to 60 this afternoon. I'm not ready for this cold weather. Have a great day.

nat, so sorry your anniversay date was cancelled. Glad Britt is better. That is a pretty high fever. I don't think my DH would appreciate flowers. Mainly, b/c he never sends me any. he would rather have cologne or something like that.

Sebray, Welcome. This is a great place. We have made such good friends here along with dieting support.

Since we are giving tips and things. I found some Hickory farms party Bites. They are little beef sausage bites, like the beef stcisk. They come is spicy and regular. I love the spicy, they are hot. Helps you get the water in too. Try them.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:57 PM   #12  

Afternoon everyone! I just got an annoying caller at the front door. He claimed to be working for the phone company and wanted to make sure we were getting all our 'discounts'. When he asked for my phone number, he lost it with me. I told him sorry, but I was not going to give it to him and I did not know anything about the phone bill, my husband handled that. I guess what irritated me was when I told him I was recovering from surgery, hoping he would get the idea and leave, he asked me what kind of surgery I had! I was so stunned, I actually told him, but I really wish I had said 'sex change'.

I am thinking of making some chocolate chip cookies with ww flour and granulated fructose for my hubby. He loves cookies, and has been hinting... I am not sure if I am up to it, and there is no one home to lift the mixer out of the cabinet for me and onto the counter. Guess I will have to wait. I could use the food processor...though maybe not. decisions, decisions...

PANCHO: Wow..I would have been freaking out with a child with a 105 fever! I am so glad it has broken and she is doing better. I am sorry you had to cancel your anniversary plans...I hope you can go out on a belated date for it...

FILLISE: Great idea! I stay legal on Thanksgiving fairly well, but no one here will eat turkey so we will have a beef roast, Yorkshire pudding made with ww flour, and other trimmings...Erik is making ww, splenda sweetened pumpkin pies. Maybe, if we are lucky, he will make his SB legal ultra chocolatey mousse pie. Its honestly good enough to die for!

JACK: Pie crust is easy, so if you can't find it at whole foods, check out the recipe on the recipe boards. The recipe I use is very easy to make, and tastes delicious! Just ask Fillise!

KENG: The weather is glorious today, isn't it? I am glad the Diflucan worked for you for the yeast. My problems with yeast seem to be diminishing. I am relieved. It was getting to be a pain!
Old 11-15-2004, 02:04 PM   #13  

Hi everybody - No replies today, I'm swamped until the end of the week, but I do read and sympathize. Went off plan this weekend when dd bought a big bag of tortilla chips. Ate my share and how, and again as with the Halloween candy it made me feel sick to my stomach. This is a great deterrent, I have very little desire for junk food lately. Nowadays when I go off plan it means I am eating a banana or a baked potato. I know these things are not legal, but I don't believe eating a banana is cutting years off my life - and lately I much prefer these cheats to candy bars or french fries. This plan may eventually work for me.

So back to work i go - Ruby
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 02:56 PM   #14  

I had a great lunch today, oh so satisying..lol. I love it when I am eating healthy and feel so satisfying at the same time. Yum! Few more replies :

SEBRAY : Thanks for clarifying your insomnia issue. Wow...you really have to be very discipline if you don't want to crash isn't it? {{hugs}} How's your yummy breakfast> Sounds great to me!

JACK-K : I believe we will be around 60's as well. I love it! It really feels like holidays are around the corner Hope you have a great day too

MONET : The caller is scary and very dangerous for you to open the door to him. My dh always warn me against opening door to strangers especially when he is not at home. Sometimes I still do...lol. Okay, I need to remind myself not to unless I am told in advance that I am expecting someone. I am glad he finally went away. You are a hoot, sex change!!??? ROTFLOL!! We love you just the way you are

RUBY : Glad to see you!! Looks like you are doing fine to me. I have certain illegal foods that I eat once in a while and in a small amount. That really keeps me from bursting and then go on binging spree. I am not talking about cookies or candies or cakes, just some red potatoes, or a banana and ocassionally pizza. I am going to try making ww pizza one of these days though. One matters to be most is what I eat most of the days and that has work for me. Whatever that works for you and your body, that's what matters. You are doing great!

Julia
Old 11-15-2004, 03:11 PM   #15  

KENG: I don't worry much about these sales people who come to my door. Sometimes, I just don't answer the door. I did not trust him when he asked for my phone number....he acted like he was sent by Bellsouth, so if he was, he should have had that info. I will laugh if he comes back in the evening when my husband is here. He has NO patience for sales people at all. Unless they are young college students selling books. He did that one summer, and is sympathetic. Otherwise, he is NOT!

RUBY: I occasionally have a baked potato or a banana. I figure it is better than loading up on sweets, and it does keep me from going off the deep end. If I stop losing again, I may rethink this. Others who have done SB have said that having green tipped bananas did not keep them from losing. I guess you just keep an eye on it and see....