Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 10-23-2004, 08:26 AM   #106  

Good Morning! Last night, Tom and James switched recliners for me. The one they brought to replace the one I had been using was much more comfortable, though older and not working right. (once you get back in it, it won't come back up to a sitting position) I slept SO much better! I only woke up once...at 5! I fell back asleep and slept until 8. Not sure how I feel yet, but I am expecting to have to deal with two things: 1, I over did it yesterday, and 2, I ran out of my 'good' pain meds and switched to ibuprofen this morning. I am not sure if the switch will be easy or not.

I need to go bother Tom so he will go make me some coffee! be back in a bit!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 08:45 AM   #107  
Goddess

Morning all! This is a quick hello before I head out to sell 400 orange and blue bush/cheney t-shirts at today's game. Only 10 more days. . .

Some very quick replies:

Monet--The first week after the surgery is the roughest. You should begin to see more improvement and more energy returning from here on out. I don't know about the stairs, but I know modest activity helped me to recover (and the keyword is modest).

Jackie--I want to drink margaritas with you one day!!!!!

BOB--Tell Tippy I siad to let you sleep!

Julia--Sorry for the TOM troubles! Monet and I will try not to gloat too much ;-)

Heart--Good luck with the Mortgage stuff--I know it's a pain, but it will be a great payoff if you can move into your own home.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 09:22 AM   #108  

Good Sat morning....

It's nice and cool here. DD woke me up when she sneezed in her bathroom which is next to my room. Then, dh and I heard her said "bless you"...LOL. I am feeling a little strange, like I am not fully awake yet..lol. Anyway, as soon as dh wakes up, we will be heading to the pharmacy to get my Diflucan and then off to do some grocery shopping. Not sure what the full menu is for today except that I had half of chicken salad sandwich for breakfast.

RUBY : I live 45 mins from downtown Atlanta and love it. There are woody here and yet the stores are not too far away. Dh and I hardly ever go out to downtown, except that he has to go there to work. I love ordering online too especially things like Agave, books etc.

MONET : Your 2 men are so sweet. I am glad you slept better. Have a good weekend.

FILLISE : 400 shirts?? I am sure it will be gone in no time Have a good weekend!

Alright, dh is up so I better go! Will check in later.

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:48 AM   #109  

Back again...had an oat bran muffin and one egg for breakfast, and three cups of coffee with cream. I do love my coffee! I am feeling good this morning...only minor stinging in the incision and light aches and pains. The swelly belly is still the most bothersome thing I am dealing with! Today, I am finding I can sit here at the computer easier and longer than I have been able to yet. Now that is what I call progress!

FILLISE: I think you are right! I expected to feel bad from all the activity yesterday, but I am feeling just another step up in feeling better. I do think 4 ibuprofens help a lot!

KENG: Don't you love this cool weather? I am enjoying it! I have the windows open, and I think I may walk some in the backyard, around the pool this afternoon!

Ok, gonna talk to TOm while he eats....
Old 10-23-2004, 12:12 PM   #110  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

IT'S FOOTBALL TIME ......IN TENNESSEE!!!!!

GO VOLS!!!!!! BEAT BAMA!!!!

GO TIGERS (AUBURN)!!!!!! BEAT KENTUCKY!!

GATORS.....BEAT MISSISSIPPI STATE!!!! NO PROBLEM!!!

Don't know who MISSY is playing today, but I'll say......GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

GEORGIA??????? Don't know....but for MONET'S sake.....GO DAWGS!!!

KEN....I not much for those kind of movies...I live suspense and comedy!
Now don't get me wrong...I like love stories, just not period peices!

RUBY...Haven't heard of any of those movies...Maybe I better take back over!

MONET....I'll let you know when to start cheering just as soon as I get a score for the DAWGS!!!

I'm off for now...games are starting....

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 03:52 PM   #111  

Howdy everyone. Slept in this morning. Awww did it feel nice. I stay up late on Friday nights to wait for DH to get home from work. Then I had some wine. But that was all I had that was extra and it was red. I'm going to cook crabs tonight for dinner. I'm really looking forward to that. Can you believe I found the almond flour on ebay! Thanks for telling me how to make it and the site address. I can't wait to try it in the pumpkin pound cake recipe I found over at lowcarbfriends.com. So I hope the person I'm getting the flour from will hurry and mail it. I love to live in a rural town but its sure hard sometimes to get some of the products you hear about. But the peace and quiet and beauty of the woods and rivers is worth it.

Julia- Your little one is a doll. I love the bless you.

Bob- Guess you're watching the games. Hope you're feeling lots better.

Monet- I'm so happy you're on the mend. Don't hurry it though.

Fillise- good luck on the t-shirts.

I know I'm missing someone. Dang I've got such a short memory. LOL.. Anyway have a great week end....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 04:24 PM   #112  

OH MY GAWD!!!! MISSISSIPPI STATE BEAT FLORIDA!!!!!

Ms State is at the bottom of the conference!!! WAY TO GO BULLDOGS!!!

This will definately put GATOR in a funk It won't be pretty when she hits the board!

SUSAN...how did the shirt sales go?

TONI...Yes, I definately feel better....good FOOTBALL will do it every time!

NOW.....if MY VOLS can just do it against BAMA!! they just shot out ahead of us

See y'all later

BOB
Old 10-23-2004, 04:38 PM   #113  

Today has been a lazy day, apart from making lunch, I did nothing. Lunch was, baked basa fish, ww noodles and sauteed asparagus with shrimps. Everytime I eat fish, I seem to be hungry faster. So, I had few crackers for snack and few nuts.

I also took my diflucan and also some acidophilis tablets for my yeast infections, hopefully that will take care of it.

Monet : Yes, such a nice day and I should really go out for a while shortly. I am so glad your are making progress and I know you will continue to get well.

BOB : You sounds so much better, glad the football games help! lol.

TONI : Weekend is for sleeping late I am glad you found almond flour. I would never thought of going to ebay for almond flour but then again, ebay sells everything...lol. Oh, I love pound cake, period! Yum....dinner sounds yummy, I am sure that would make dh's birthday so special. Enjoy!

Okay, time to go out for a walk. We will also visit our next door neighbor as well.

Julia
Old 10-23-2004, 05:34 PM   #114  

Hey CHICKS....

Check out this tool!

http://www.nutritiondata.com/caloric-ratio.html

BOB
Old 10-23-2004, 06:27 PM   #115  

This is why I don't want to be a vegetarian!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?g=e...=3&a=0&printer

BOB
Old 10-23-2004, 06:52 PM   #116  

Ewwww Bob, count me out too!! Gosh, why bicycle??

Julia
Old 10-23-2004, 07:44 PM   #117  
Goddess

This is one VERY tired girl saying hello tonight.

The Bush-Cheney tailgate was a HUGE success--we couldn't sell the shirts fast enough. I even had people giving me their names and addresses and money after the game so I can mail them shirts. Bush is VERY popular here. I wasn't going to go into the game. My ticket is in the faculty section and I have to go in with the faculty member that bought them. He was ready to go 45 minutes before the game and I was still selling shirts. So I told him to go ahead without me. But a few minutes before game time a good friend gave me a spare ticket he had, so I got in about halfway through the first quarter. My friend's seats are much better than mine, so I was happy!

I got home in time to see the last few minutes of the Bama-UT game. Congrats BOB! I LOVE anyone who beats Bama!

Monet--it really will start getting a lot better now. I'm glad that cream worked for you. I don't remember having a problem with swelly belly, so I guess I lucked out.

Deb--You doing the yard sales today?

OK, I've got another game to watch. Talk to everyone tomorrow!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:44 PM   #118  

Hey everyone! Its really late...but we just finished up eating some dinner. All we had was rotisserie chicken left overs, and I had some yogurt with agave in it. So, today's menu was:

B- blueberry oat bran muffin, 1 egg fried, 2 cups coffee
S- banana with peanut butter
L- moo goo gai pan on rice, cranberry juice (100% juice)
D- rotisserie chicken, yogurt

I just checked on UGA. The DAWGS beat Arkansas... so BOB, FILLISE and MONET are all happy...I am sorry the GATORS lost. I am missing Gator...anyone hear from her at all?

Its time for me to curl up in the recliner and try and get some sleep. The switch from prescription pain meds to ibuprofen was not too difficult today. I feel greatly encouraged!

FILLISE: Lucky you with no swelly belly. Its driving me nuts! BUT! I wonder if the hernia repair has contributed to it, since I think he use laparascopic technique to fix it...the stitches were IN the belly button, and there is no other incision, so it seems like it...and I have heard that technique causes it some...so.... I am glad you sold all the t-shirts!

BOB: I guess you are a happy girl. I hope you are feeling better...are you? I think I will stick with meat too.

TONI: I am glad you found the almond flour! I love ebay! I have to be careful not to spend too much on there!

KENG: I hope the diflucan helps with the yeast. I may have to try acidophilus tablets. I have problems with systemic yeast, I think. I get yeast rashes, which drive me crazy!
Old 10-23-2004, 11:18 PM   #119  

Okay, I have been bad today...he!he! I had meatloaf sandwich at 6pm and knew that wasn't enough but didn't know what else to eat so I left it there. As the night rolled in, I was getting hungry and had this craving for something soupy. Then, my old "love" came to mind. My Thai instant noodles that I used to eat before SB. I have few in the pantry but have not touch them for a long time so I decided to cook one pack. I added some nappa cabbage and an egg to it and it was good but I only ate half and threw the other half away. I was satisfied so that was enough. So, that was my confession for this weekend

FILLISE : I knew the T-shirts will sell like hot cakes Now, have a good relaxing day tomorrow, if it is possible.

MONET : I can start to imagine a little about how it is like to have to deal with yeast on a regular basis. I know yeast is alive but actually feeling them alive in me is kind of yucky not to mention uncomfortable I hope the acidophilus tablets help you as well.

Alright, I am officially signing off for today. Night all...zzzz

Julia
Old 10-24-2004, 08:34 AM   #120  

Good Morning! Its dark and rainy looking here. Tom is snoozing and I can't sleep anymore right now. I feel rather energetic, and I want to get out and DO things! I guess now is the time to be really careful and not over do it! I may talk Tom into a short walk though. I will come back when some of you sleepy heads wake up, so I am not talking to myself!