Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 10-20-2004, 03:35 PM   #61  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

Had to come home again today...I'm just not a well woman and can't seem to shake this crud!

MONET...I know you still have pain, but you HAD to FEEL BETTER after they took out those staples! Get some rest...take advantage!!!

REA...{{{{{{{{{WELCOME TO OUR LITTLE CORNER OF THE BOARD}}}}}}}}
Good to have you..stick around...you'll get used to us soon! We get a little rowdy sometimes, but we're a very close bunch of people!

CAROL...I go to that board...yes, they can be ruthless sometimes...do you go by the same name over there? Just remember to come here to confess...we're not as hard on you as they are!

NAT...Don't you just love poopie diapers!!!!! Hope she doesn't have a bug...

TONI...Wish I was there with you...I know the cooler weather would make me feel better!

JACKIE...DANGIT...with Cathy gone from L'ville, I don't know when I'll ever get back up there!

RUBY...come on down here...we don't have to worry about trick or treaters they all go to the mall for special goodies...no temptation at my house...

JULIA...questions for holiday cooking can be directed to MONET...she's the CHEF among us!

BARBARA

Well, I'm off to rest some...talk to y'all later!

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:53 PM   #62  

Nat - the uniform place is called Frank Bee Uniforms. They have girls reg, slim, and half sizes. Apparently you can order from Amazon.com now, which is news to me. Hope you can find something for your little girl. -Ruby
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:53 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Man, I've had a stressful day! First, I did my home loan application this AM and that's where the stress started. It's thru the government but dang, the crap is high. The only advantage I see going thru the gov verses the bank is no down payment although you still have to pay fees and stuff. For instance, if you borrow $108,000, at 6.25%, you pay back 255,392 for a total finance charge at 147,392. Geez, that's way more than the purchase loan itself. Then the payments are still high at $645 a month for 33 years. I just don't know about this. But I want a house so bad! It's such a hassle with all the stuff you gotta go thru, too. I won't know anything for about 2 weeks. You would think that the government would help more with us only having an annual income of $33,000 for a family of 4. Anyway, then I went to Social Security office because I got a letter in the mail saying I owe THEM almost $4,000! Don't know how that is going to turn out. Then I went to a parent/teacher conference. At least Ashley is doing good in school, other than tattling on her classmates,lol. Oh yea, then Hubby called me and wanted him to bring him a change of clothes all the way across town. Man, needless to say I haven't done anything in the house at all today and I haven't exercised! I guess I'm not going to meet my exercise goals at all this week. I'll do better next week. Well, I was just checking in. I need to get off here and clean the chicken(yippee) for supper.

Carol- Sounds like that board SUCKS! Geez, we are only human and support groups are for SUPPORT, not criticism. Hop back on track and you'll do fine.

Menu:

BF- 2 eggs and 2 1/2 slices bacon
Snack- LC yogurt
Lunch- BIG salad made with tuna, cheese, 1 egg, onions, tomatoes, Ranch dressing
Snack- 2 big spoons of PB(had a craving)
Supper- will be baked chicken, green bean casserole(not totally legal, but oh well), mashed cauliflower. Debating on whether or not I'll top the cauliflower with cheese or not. Guess it depends on if it tastes like real mashed potatoes or not.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:27 PM   #64  

Hey everyone! I slept a good part of the afternoon. Tom just got home, so he will help me shower later. I can't wait until I can get stuff like that done by myself. I had James and Laura put a roast in the crockpot for dinner this morning. Hopefully, they did not screw that up too much. The questions they asked while they were doing it were enough to drive even a sane woman over the edge!

HEART: Mortgages are like that...you pay back over twice as much as the original loan over the life of it. I almost freaked out when I saw the totals for our first house. My husband wrote mortgage software, so he was very prepared, but I sure wasn't! We had to really tighten the belt to get approved for a loan...we did not qualify for any assistance, so we gave up eating out, only had one car, and I did all my shopping at discount stores and garage sales. Housing is expensive here, so it was really hard to find something we could afford. Once you get into a house, it gets easier. You then have the credit rating and can move up easier than it was to get into a house in the first place. Good luck!

BOB: I am sorry you are still feeling puny. I hope you can kick this bug soon.

FILLISE: We miss you...can't wait for the election to be over so you can come back.

Ok, sitting for too long is wearying...so I am going to rest. Bye!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:50 PM   #65  

Hi everyone. Wow the board is really moving today. This is so great. I've had a really good day. Except I'm so sore from walking when I'm used of doing nothing. I'm moaning everytime I need to do something. LOL. Thanks to all you ladies for the great support you've given me over these past few weeks when I just couldn't get a handle on my eating. I've really learned the best thing to do when that happens is to keep coming to the board and posting. Next Wednesday I'll start weighing in. Theres no use this week since I just started watching my food on Monday.

Monet- Your family sounds so wonderful. I miss my children living around me. They sound so sweet. I'm glad you got new pain medicine and got rid of the constipation. I can tell you're on the mend!

Debelli- Howdy gal. Guess this is your running day.

CarolNEmily- Well your day started out rough. Maybe it would be good to pack your stuff the night before cause you "shore" got alot of stuff to do in the morning with a little one. I would be late everyday if it was me. Hop back on that old wagon and give tomorrow a better try. I'm sure it will be better.

Pancho- Thursday is another day! I couldn't even have those circus cookies around me I love them so much. I could probably eat the bag of them. So you did great with only a handful. Hope you find Britt some new pants. Shes just growing like a weed.

rubyslippers- I know what you mean about the holidays being dangerous. I've been stock piling legal recipes. Now if I can just get going firm enough where I'll make them. But you can really make some wonderful legal SB foods for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Rachel- Welcome, welcome to SB..... Its the best! Its so good you're joining us. Hope you do well.

Julia- Wish I could find some of those noodles here. I hate Hodson Mill's brand. I would love to make a big pot of chicken and noodles. Yum. I had to laugh at Jess wanting her Dad up. Hope he got to sleep in.

Fillise- You lady are working way to hard... But its good to see you posting.

Bob- Oh no not the crud again. My gosh you're having a horrible time. Hope you got lots of rest today.

heartmom- Wow what a recipe for stress you've had today. Hope you have a good evening and can settle down some.

Well Teensy where are you?

Jack-K- Hope your day is going okay. Sounds like you're awfully busy. Congradulations on the weight loss. I can't wait till next week when I can finally get on the scales.

Hope I haven't missed anyone.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 06:49 PM   #66  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Going to get this post in before I turn off the computer - bad weather coming...

MONET, can't believe they already took the staples out. It seems so quick to do that - amazing how the body heals itself and what modern medicine can do! Hope you don't continue to have the pain. Hope the pain pills do their job for you - and quickly at that! Glad to be back

JACKK, have watched a little DH - it's good, but I'm the kind that really doesn't like to get in to an ongoing story - if I miss a week I don't know what's going on. I'm more the reality or informative type of TV watcher. ELI slow down - that's only going to happen when he stops breathing!!! Would you believe, we see KOHLS ads all the time down here in Miami, but there aren't any KOHLS anywhere around here at all - I keep wondering if they do this in a way to let us know they may be coming??? I liked that store when I went in Atlanta after visting MONET - do wish they'd come down here!! I too love candy corn - won't buy it because I just KNOW what's going to happen if I do! Besides, I love other candy much more than cc - but vow not to touch any of it!

KEN, did you happen to send that rain southward, because we seem to be getting it now! How'd the pork loin come out. My crockpot STILL sits in the box, brand new, never used, about 10 years old! One day, I'll use it. I saw a recipe book at KMart about light cooking in a crockpot - looked good. Have to find it at the library now. Thanks for the explanation of what was going on - now I understand. I SHOULD be getting a colonoscopy, but I don't want to. Unfortunately, it runs in my family. My great-grandfather, grandfather and father, all on the same side had colon cancer. I'm more worried, that since it seems to afflict the men. MICHAEL will have to be checked early on for this. My parents keep trying to get me to go, but I dunwanna!!!! Heck, if you can't get me to the gyno, why would I go for the backside? Glad nothing was wrong up there, and good thing they found the pre-diabetes so you are aware of it.

CAROL, thanks for letting us know a little more about yourself Can you explain a little more about the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians - I've never heard of them. Very pretty name, EMILY ROSE. My niece is named AINSLEY ROSE Ummm, I don't see any FRUIT in your menu, nor the very important FIBER. I also believe you aren't eating enough. Not eating enough is just as bad as eating too much. You've gotta get out of the Atkins mindset

RUBY, when MICHAEL was getting ready to leave for college this summer, I made him clean his room. As with your experience with your DD, the stuff that was coming out of there, well, let's just say, I have a mountain of "stuff" in my kitchen, ready to get boxed and ready for a future garage sale. Since MICHAEL claimed he'd never come back to Miami to live, I told him I wasn't going to store his crap for the next 8+ years, so he had to get rid of what he could. Of course, he didn't CLEAN his room - that's what I'm trying to tackle now - and it's a MAJOR UNDERTAKING!!!! Good luck with DD - LAUREN is going to be 17 in January, she's not as bad as MICHAEL but definitely is no clean freak - unfortunately! You made the PP? Which recipe did you use. I make a crustless one as well and love it!

COUNTRY, how are you?? You know, my life sounds busy, but compared to others, I don't think it really is, but for me, it is. Doing anything exciting while on vacation?

TEENSY, hope you get some rest! What kind of apples do you have? I like the gala and pink ladies, one other one that I can't remember the name of. Lately though, the apples have been lousy - tasteless. Wish I lived closer too

HEART, trust me, I can't believe I'm posting either! Really don't have the time, but trying to make it. Hey, you've done more in the exercise dept than I have - anything is better than nothing (like I've done). Hope you get things straightened out with the IRS, the loan, etc. I stressed out like crazy just with the financail aid forms I had to fill out for MICHAEL'S loan! One thing, just remember, at the beginning of a loan, you can put more principal down and pay it off earlier, at the beginning, even a small amount helps. Make sure they give you an amoritization schedule!!!

CHRISTIAN, are you doing the SB Phase II? That is so much like SB that I don't think there's much difference at all. Pumpkin has a high GI of 75, but has a low GL of only 4 for a 3oz serving. I have made a legal pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving for the past 4 years and have no problem with eating it this one time a year - and it's delish!

PANCHO, don't you just LOVE the Wendy's chili!! You've done really good with keeping your weight down - CONGRATS!

TONI, I hope I can get in posts more often, some days will be hard, but I know you and the rest of the gals understand. I actually should be doing something else, but once I sat down and started typing, I couldn't stop I'm making salmon tonight, and made brussel sprouts last night that no one ate, so will eat a few of them, well, as long as they aren't bitter - not a great fan of them, actually. Life slow down - wish it would, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

WOOD, CONGRATS on this weeks loss!!!

REA, WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! Thanks for posting your BIO on the BIO BOARD. It was nice to learn more about you Thanks for sharing. There are quite a few LA gals on the board - you'll have to compare notes. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have!

FILLISE, hope things settle down with you - YOU are the one who sounds so busy! If you can jump in for a quickie, I surely can too. I'll keep that in mind

BOB, AGAIN?????????????????????? Geez, woman - they must think you have something else going on at work to leave like that every day - needless to say, I don't think you'll be coming to visit any time soon - I think you've used up all your vacation days in sick time - guess I'll just have to come up there to deliver all the crap that's taking up precious space in my house Feel better!!!

Okay, it's starting to thunder and the flashes of lightening are lighting up the house, so I'm going to end this. Hope I didn't forget anyone - if I did, not intentionally! Nothing much to report about myself today, ran errands, didn't finish them all. ELI is off tomorrow, will try to get some stuff done tomorrow.

Toodles

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Deb
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:33 PM   #67  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

It's me AGAIN!!!

I'm getting ready to crawl up in the bed.. WEST WING starts tonight, I've got the VCR set just in case I go to sleep! Tippy is up here helping me type, so heaven knows what it will look like when I'm done!

Just ot through talking to KIM and she says to tell everyone HELLO!!!

I've decided to stay home these last two days from work, rest and try to knock out this gunk! I'll try to get in to see the Doc. Wondering now if it's the combo of the blood pressure med and the antibiotic....rather than self diagnose, he might do better than me !

I'll talk to y'all tomorrow!

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:22 PM   #68  

Hey everyone! Just got my shower...feels good to be somewhat clean. The lower GI stuff came back tonight with a vengeance. I feel like crap. Tom says my incision looks really good...at least that is encouraging. I thought I would pop it open with the constipation issues that won't go away!

Eating today was pretty good. Here is my menu, please critique if you like:

b- bowl of oat bran flakes with milk, 1/2 banana, 1 fried egg two cups of coffee with cream and splenda

L- 1 piece ww bread with ham, 100 % cranberry juice

D- crockpot roast beef, broccoli

Lots of water

DEB: Good to see you posting!

BOB: I think that is a good idea...stay at home and rest. If you have AOL IM PM me your screen name and I will try and catch you on there during the day! I get SO bored! It would be great to have someone to talk to.

TONI: I am so glad you are doing do well! Hooray! Now that you are getting it together, you can kick my rear into gear!
Old 10-21-2004, 12:58 AM   #69  

Sorry ladies but this will be another drive by. Took Jo into the vet this morning and it just about broke my heart to have to leave her there. She starts shaking and shivering as soon as she realizes where we are going, then when I handed Sharon the leash she starts trying to pull away and get back to me. Oh, sob sob, she looked so sad.....

Dr Dockin's called after her surgery and said the growth was alot longer than he thought from his exam, so it is a good thing we had it removed. They also did her teeth while she was out. She had to have one major tooth pulled. Said it was a double rooted one, and one root was all infected. So now she will be on pain pills and antibiotics when she comes home tomorrow. I told him I was really worried about her having to spend the night there. I don't want her to feel abandoned. (We got her from a family that was moving away, and didn't want to take her. I think that she was abused too as she would cower when my husband had on his work boots or a baseball cap.) He said she would be so drugged up that she wouldn't do anything but sleep and wouldn't really be aware of her surroundings. I hope he is right. I will pick her up first thing in the morning as they open at 8 am. It will be about a week before we have the biopsy results.

Canned 7 quarts of sugar free apple pie filling. My poor old back wouldn't take any more. It started hurting as soon as I started peeling the apples. Too much yesterday!! My sinks don't fit me too well. I get a backache whenever I have to stand there for long. I will finish up after resting for a day or two.

Well, I am going to hit the hay, so I can be up early. Will walk before I leave to go get Jo. Sweet dreams all.....
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 06:35 AM   #70  

Good Morning! Just got up. Not sure how I feel yet. I have a headache and my lower GI tract is still messed up. I went twice as long between pain pills as I was supposed to, so that was encouraging.

Tom is going to bring me some coffee and an oat bran muffin in a little while. I feel kind of listless, and bored. I have a few books to read, but nothing that interests me right now. I may try sleeping on my side in the bed some today, just to see if I can do it. I am sick of sleeping in the recliner!

Ok, enough of my whining. Thanks for letting me whine.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:09 AM   #71  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Morning Ladies

Well looks like today is gonna be a rest day for me...I babysat a 4 year old yesterday and he had a cold in his viocebox....well now I can join him I woke up wispering so I might bulk up on some vitamin C and just do laundry while I catch up on a few of my shows

Deb- I am still on phase one for another weekbut as soon as I hit phase 2 will just call it Sugar Busters and go with that, I know as much sugar as I have eaten over the last year that I was in dire need of some detox so I am back aboard if you'll have me Been a long time and I was up 20 pounds

Toni- what kind of pie were you thinking????

Well ladies it looks like everyone is in the baking and canning mood, so now I have just got to go to the Orchard next week for sure.........You ladies made me want apple pie really bad Have a great day everyone !!
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:51 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Thursday Morning

Got too busy to get back on yesterday. Got home and got about 20 minutes of wt training in. Then we took our walk and I walked to the lady that had bunco. So I got in about a 40 minute walk. Had a chef salad for dinner so I was stuffed. Didn't eat anything at bunco except for 3 pieces of candy corn. That took care of my craving. I did have a sliver of apple pie (2 bites) So I thought I did pretty good.

Stomach has been upset after i eat. Don't know if it is fromt he tamoxifen or not. Still haven't had breakfast yet. Just not up to it. May have 1/2 of an english muffin later.
Lunch will be egg salad on 1 pc of bread (1/2 carb), celery and an apple.
Don't know about dinner. We normally go out, but I don't thinkwe are tonight.

Carol.Emily, the best thing to do is get right back on track. Try preparing your lunch/snacks the night before o you are not so rushed int he morning.

Nat, what a bummer on the pants. Kids grow so quickly it is hard to buy ahead. Hope Lane osn't coming down with something.

Julia, do you make your creamy mstard sauce?

Ruby, I make sure I buy Halloween candy that I don't like. Then I won't eat it. We just have to plan and be prepared for those holidays.

Rachel, welcome to our board. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Monet, seems like you are getting back to our good ole' Monet. Glad you are doing so well. I couldn't sleep on either side for so long. I would prop pillows under each side and shift my hips to the side. I am not a back sleeper. It was heaven to finally sleep on my sides and stomach. It's those pain pills that are constipating you. eat lots of prunes

Susan, so you are the one I curse every day! just kidding.

BOB, Maybe you need to go back to the Dr and find out what is doing this to you. Something is not right. Get some rest and take care of yourself.

Heart, loans are outrageous. At least the rates are somewhat lower now. You will get your exerecise in next week. Don't dispair.

Toni, glad you are back on track. I know you will see a loss next week.

Deb, enjoy your day with Eli. Glad to see you back critiquing (sp) menus.

Teensy, glad your doggie is out of surgery and doing well.

Cristian,hope your voice gets better and you are not getting a cold.

Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:20 AM   #73  

Good morning everyone. Getting ready to go for my walk this morning. I'm dreading it in a way because the lady I walk with has made an apple pie with splenda and shes so excited about me having a piece. It wouldn't be bad but it has a regular crust. And I don't have the heart to refuse a piece, it would hurt her feelings. Wish she would just send the piece home with me and I would throw it out. Oh well I'll deal with it. Today is gloomy and wet looking out. Our weather is just plain crazy.

Teensy- Hope you get your girl back early this morning. Our little house dog has been sick and goes back to the vet Friday and I hope he saids he's over his infection. Plus the medicine is giving him horrid GAS...

Bob- I hope you get well soon. So sorry you're having such a time.

Monet- Maybe today will clear out the GI problems so you can mend faster. Sounds like except for that you're doing well.

Christian- Hope your cold clears up soon.

Jack-K- I hope you get over your upset stomach to and it isn't your medicine. Its not fair...

Well Break. was coffee and peanut butter toast. L- Will be a big salad with turkey and cheese again. D-I don't know what yet.

Have a great day. Will be back later...
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:37 AM   #74  

Good morning everyone!

It is really foggy here today. I love how it looks outside, almost feels like we are up in the mountains. I just love leaving close here, so woody and peaceful. Don't have any plans today as dh has to work and he is still sleeping today. There are few things I want to do but not really important, so I shall let me sleep in Here's my menu for today :

Breakfast : 2 ww pancakes, scrambled eggs and water.

Snack : Mixed fruits.

Lunch : Baked basa fish and shrimps with some simple garlic and herbs marinade, brown rice pilaf and curry cauliflower.

Snack : Mixed fruits.

Dinner : Not sure yet.

Some replies :

FILLISE : Wow, don't forget to breathe and relax when you get the chance. {{hugs}}

BOB : Sorry you are still not feeling well. I wonder if the antibiotic is working. Have a good rest.

HEART : Sorry your day was so stressful. As for the loan, yea, I always find it ridiculous but then again now I am not surprised why the banks will loan anyone any money if they are not going to make so much. As for SS, I hope there is a big mistake. {{hugs}} So, did you top the cauliflower with cheese or did you leave it?

MONET : How did the crockpot dinner turn out? Whine as much as you like, we are here. Post as often whenever you need to talk too

TONI : I am so proud of you. You hung in there while you were down and now see what is happening? WTG on the walks and good eating. I agree with you totally, it really helps when you have support even when you feel like you didn't do well. That is when we need more support than usual. I feel comfortable coming here and confess as I know there is always someone who thinks that you can do better and give you a helping hand. I can't wait to read your WIW

DEB : Yep the rain is gone but glad someone else is benefitting from it now I just recently bought my crockpot and love it! It would be even better if dh lets me leave it on while we are sleeping or while we are out...lol. You will love it so take it out of the box!! I have some great recipes to share Wow, you do have strong family history for colon cancer. Yes, please get your son and yourself check out soon. I haven't been up to date with my check-ups until the last few years. It took me years to collect the courage to get all the check-ups I needed. Dh reminded me that he has already paid for the insurance and we should take advantage of it. So, last 2 years, we started to find a family dr and then got check our annual check-up. Then, this year, I finally gathered enough courage to tackle ond of my biggest fear, dentist!! So, few months ago, dh and I went to one and get my gums and teeth rescued before it was too late. The hardest part is finding the courage, once I did, the actual check-ups are so much easier than I thought it would be. The best thing is, I feel a sense of peace and achievement within. The feelings are so encouraging that I know I will dare to do things that I fear. Colonoscopy is really easy and quick plus I don't even remember what happened now. You can do it Deb!

TEENSY : {{{hugs}}. You are doing the best for your baby and she will know it although she was terrified. Hope she recovers quickly.

CHRISTIAN : Yes, get some vit C and get lotsa varieties of foods to boost your immune system, hopefully that will get rid of that virus. And yes, you need to rest

JACK-k : WTG on the exercises! You are an inspiration! As for the pork loin, after it was cooked, I took it out from the crockpot and added some half and half and dijon mustard to the juices (white wine and juices from the veges and pork). I added 1 tbsp of cornstarch instead of ww flour and it thinkens up pretty well. It was definitely different from your typical gravy taste but I like it. I will post the recipe later today.

Alright, time to go as dh is up. Will check in later!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:56 AM   #75  

Ok, another victory in the lower GI arena...yay! I just got Laura out of bed to fix me something to eat...I am hungry! She is not too happy about it, but she did get up.

The swelly belly seems a bit better today. That is encouraging. I think it gets worse at night, when I am tired.

I took a nap on the bed this morning...it sure felt good. Then I sat in the recliner and read for a while. Going to go back there in a minute and read some more.

Its so nice reading everyone's posts...I am living vicariously through everyone else's activities. Gosh, I am SO bored!

Later!