Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: If you could eat as much as you wanted of one item & still lose weight, would it be..
Chocolate 7 20.00%
Cookies 6 17.14%
Cakes 2 5.71%
Pies 0 0%
Ice Cream 7 20.00%
Potatoes 5 14.29%
Potato Chips 3 8.57%
Popcorn 2 5.71%
Bananas/Pineapple/Raisins/Watermelon (non SB legal fruits) 1 2.86%
Other 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2001, 09:10 AM   #46  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey Gals!

Well I was happy to get on the scale this morning! Lost another 1.5 pounds. It's amazing what exercise can do for you!

I can't post a biggie this morning - got work to do - but I'll stop back in tonight!

Love you ladies!!

Missy
284/250.5/170
Old 05-02-2001, 09:27 AM   #47  

Default LET ME HELP YOU UP

REACH ON UP SOL...I've got the WIDE LOAD sign on the back of the wagon...we've got plenty of room...Just don't knock me out of the center....I have to be able to hold on to both sides of the wagon!

MISSY Way to go girl!! You won't have to stay long in the wagon at this rate!!

MELF My dear friend, You and your family are in my prayers and in my heart. We went thru this with my grandfather and it was not easy...Your faith will keep you strong and your love will keep her surrounded.
Just know I'm here if you need me...You've been so supportive to me and I really appreciate it...WE'RE HERE TO HELP YOU......

BOB
Old 05-02-2001, 09:30 AM   #48  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD WEDNESDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

It's a rainy day here in Miami I went for my walk, despite the sprinkles-was on my way and it started to rain, so I walked in the opposite direction-lets just say, I came home looking like a drowned rat! But hey, I got in 5 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry I missed the chat last night. The meeting was a lot longer than expected and I couldn't leave because we had to vote for next years board members, didn't get home til almost 10pm. How'd the chat go???????? Any problems with people locking up in the chat room???? Did my link to get there work???

Well, it's WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY today, and I hope you all faired better than I did. Still up 1.5lbs from my lowest, weighing in at 132 today. I must say that even though I am up, for some reason, I FEEL lighter-hmmmm.....

If you'd like to post your losses on our SB WEEKLY WEIGHT LOSS BOARD just click on the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=4772

FRUIT, glad to hear the food allergies aren't as bad as they could be. At least with the lawn, you'll never have to mow it-and if you both are allergic, you can just have the luxury of getting a lawn man to do it. You can post your losses here AND the weigh in board!!! Another 1.5lbs! CONGRATS! So how many since you've been back on the wagon?

MELF, glad to hear your Mom is settled in an among some familiar faces. Please know that our thoughts are with you and your family through this difficult transition. Do know, we are always here to help and listen

BEACH, CONGRATS!!!! You did it! There's hope for me, I hope! That's wonderful. Okay, I must admit, I am jealous!!! But, I'll be patient-as I've been and hope that I too will be rewarded as you have. I'm doing a happy dance for you!!!!

SOL, honestly my muscles don't miss it when I don't work out, it's the brain that does. Isn't there someone you can complain to at the gym about listening to that garbage that the guy has blaring (Howard Stern). He's so gross!! Guy must be a scum to even want to listen to that crap.

Okay gals, I've gotta run, Eli is off today and we're headed up to Broward for a few hours. We have a dinner to go to tonight-will try to get in a post before we leave, otherwise, after we come home!

Please remember, TOMORROW IS RECIPE DAY and we have the MAY RECIPE BOARD up and running at the link below, so it you have any recipes you'd like to share, please, try and post them tomorrow.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=4770

Have a great day!

Debbie
194/132/129
sb since 3/22/00
Old 05-02-2001, 09:35 AM   #49  

Hello everyone.

I am miserable and really premenstrual. To say the least last night was trying with the family. I would have gladly sold the Dh and the children last night. Though of course today I would keep them. Sometimes they are just trying sometimes, as I am sure , I can be. Oh well it sure makes life interesting. I am down 1 pound from last week so that is okay.

Anyway I should go

190/175/165
Old 05-02-2001, 09:55 AM   #50  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Default Good Morning!

I'm down 1.5 ponds from last week. 4.5 pounds total since starting SB x 2 weeks. I guess red wine with dinner nightly and sugar-free yogurt 3 times a week is going to have to be eliminated/moderated better.

I'm glad I took my measurements...good results with that over the last two weeks, but I won't bore you all with the specifics.

I need to run!!!! Wish I could talk more, I'll check in later.

BOB: Did you receive my private message?

ldblond: Call me, I need some support from you! I'll be at work about 8:30am. Thanks
Old 05-02-2001, 10:03 AM   #51  

Good morning all

This is just a quickie, barely had time to read all the posts yesterday. I have a busy day ahead, I have a sewing project I have to finish plus I have to do some surfing on some travel sites as I am planning a mini-trip while I am in UK in June. And then I have to work the afternoon shift and won't be home until after midnight.

Anyway some good news this morning - I am down to 201 pounds which is the same as I was three weeks ago but two pounds less than last week.

Deb - There were only two of us on the chat last nite, myself and Kim. I don't know what happened to everyone else. And yes, I was able to get to the chat from the link you posted.

I wish everyone a good WIW.

Gotta run

Marie.
Old 05-02-2001, 10:06 AM   #52  

Hello Ladies,

Yesterday was my 2 month anniversary on SB. I only weigh once a month (the 1st).

So here goes.........

I lost 5 pounds for the month of April. For a total lost of 20 pounds in 2 months. I was a little disappointed, considering all the walking I have been doing. However, I have not taken my measurements yet! I know I've lost some inches because of my clothes fitting loose. BUT I REALLY WANTED TO CRACK THAT 300 MARK!!!!

Looking back in my records for April, I wasn't as intense with my WOE as I was in March. What with the trip and severval "extra events" to attend I was thrown off plan a few times. My routine was interrupted a few times. It's a learning experience and I need to stay focused.

Overall I'm very pleased. I feel in control.

Thanks to all,
StarChaser

325/305/150
Started SB March 1, 2001
Old 05-02-2001, 10:28 AM   #53  
Goddess

Default Good Wednesday Morning!

Hello--I hope WIW is good to everyone!

I'm holding steady--which I'll take since I know I lose in stops and starts.

Star--try not to be disappointed. You weigh 20 lbs less than you did two months ago! 20lbs in two months is a great loss! You'll hit that 300 mark soon enough--keep the faith. Know that everything you are doing is making you healthier by the day--that's the best progress of all!!!!!

Melf--It sounds like your mom is with family and friends and is happy. Be glad that she has familiar faces around her. I'm still thinking about you. I dread one day having to make the same decision for my parents.

Anna--WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO! You are an inspiration! I'm doing the happy dance in your honor!

Deb--It will happen!

For those of you asking about my career change. I am going into political consulting. I have been doing it for several years as a sideline and I really love it, so I'm going to give it a shot full time. If you know of any Republican candidates looking for wisdom and guidance let me know!!!!!

Susan
300/248/150
July 10, 2000
Old 05-02-2001, 11:10 AM   #54  

Good morning everyone!

I managed to lose 1 lb. this week, and must say, I'm grateful for that loss!! It's my lovely TOM, and I always gain weight during this week. Hopefully, next week will be a better week for me....no more Triscuit binges to report, either.

FILLISE: congrats on the job change. I know that is a major decision for you. Republican candidates...hmm... what about Charles Barkley? LOL Heard he might be running for governor soon...and w/your Auburn connections...who knows?!?

FRUIT: glad you've found the source of your allergies and I hope the shots help. My husband also suffers and I know that can miserable.

MELF: so glad to hear that the nursing home your mother is in is a comfortable environment for her. That's wonderful that there are familiar faces there!

BEACH: 135! WOOHOO!! That is great, and you've been a big inspiration to me. I'll be heading your way tomorrow....I'm going on a field trip w/my daughter's class to the McWane Center....it should be fun. I've heard it's great. Have you ever been?

FROG: I can totally relate to your "Survivor" dilemma. I'll be at the ball park (where I spend most of my time!) and will not be home until it's almost over. I guess I'll tape it.....that will tough not watching it until Friday!

SOL: I hate you're having to listen to Howard Stern while you exercise....not exactly motivating, huh? If he won't get headphones, maybe you could and bring your own music to listen to.

DEBBIE: 5 miles in the rain! I'm VERY impressed!! I have to admit, I've not been exercising like I should..... I will really try to work on that this week.

STARCHASER: 20 lbs in two months is awesome! Keep it up and I'm sure you'll be at that 300 mark soon!

Well, this weekend seems to be turning out as busy for me as last weekend was. We are taking our children out for dinner tonight for Laura's bday (she'll be 8 tomorrow), field trip to Birmingham tomorrow w/Laura's class, then a trip to Girl Scout camp for a one night "Mom and Me" campout on Saturday. (Someone please nominate me for mother of year ) I am looking forward to spending time with Laura, though. She's definately gotten the short end of the stick many times because of Ross's leukemia. I've been gone with him on all of his hospital inpatient stays (6 two night stays, and one time for 6 nights). We're very lucky to have a lot of family and friends that have pitched in to help take care of her, but it's still been hard on her.

I hope everyone has a great SB day!

Lisa
215/203/140 ***can't wait to get below "200"! ***
Old 05-02-2001, 11:10 AM   #55  

Default Nancy

No, I didn't get the private message...sorry I overlooked your message about it...Why don't you email me...
[email protected]
I won't get it until I get home, but will answer you
Later
BOB
Old 05-02-2001, 12:16 PM   #56  
karen3000

Fillese - you can start with the new governor of Wisconsin. He could use a lot of help! LOL

I'm usually not a republican, so I better keep my mouth shut. LOL

Anyway, congrats to those who are losing! Way to go. Keep it up and rub some of it off on the rest of us! I stayed the same, which is ok considering the AMOUNT of food I have been eating and the fact I have not been on the TM in over a week. That's all going to change after this meeting tonight--then it's back to the old routine.

MELF - glad your mom seems to be settling in. My mom has been in a kind of assisted living center for Alzheimer patients for over a year and a half. She still knows all of us and is pretty aware of everything--just can't remember what she did an hour ago. If you were to ask her how long she has lived there, she would tell you a week or so. That is one of the few "blessings" with this nasty disease. Your mom will be somewhere where they can give her the stimulation she needs and you and your sister will still be able to give her the love she needs. Like I said earlier, please feel free to e-mail me if you want to talk further about it. I'll be thinking of you a lot!

Gotta go work!

Karen
207/188.5/?
since 1/23/01 (gotta quit dinkin' around and kick butt!)

Old 05-02-2001, 01:51 PM   #57  

Quick reply to Lisa

The McWane center is great. I hope ya'll plan on going o the IMAX movie. Everything at the center is hands on science. My kids are 14 and 13 and still love it and being a kid at heart I still do too. Be sure and do some of the activities and not just watch. It is as interesting for an adult as it is for the kids. Hope you have a good trip. It is suppose to be pretty tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2001, 02:29 PM   #58  
viv

Hey - I just was running on to say a quick hello and noticed two things as I was scanning through....

Birthday wishes - thank you! We'll be in NYC for my birthday, coincidentally, not due to any of DH's planning, LOL, going to a Broadway show and the new planetarium, etc.....

And I noticed SOL posted Colby's picture! May he endure! We arehosting a neighborhood Survivor party tomoro nite - and it's also DS's 7th birthday, wow.....GO COLBY!!!!!

And - wanted to say just a plain ol' hi.....I've been spending all my spare online time trying to deal with plans for CA - it's all encompassing. I can't wait to get home....

Weight is still stable - maybe this forced "plateau" will be a good thing and when I get back OP aggressively the pounds will fly off!

Kimmi - Hi honey, I'll answer your email.....did you get the pictures? ARE they scary?

Hugs to all - DEB, hope you had a nice day with Eli today!

Viv
Old 05-02-2001, 05:14 PM   #59  

Just a quick note....

I finally bought some green tea and am enjoying a cup right now. It is "mixed berry" by Lipton and is very good!

Beach....yes, we will doing the IMAX! Those things can make me feel a little queasy, , but they are really neat!

Bye for now!

Lisa
215/203/140
Old 05-02-2001, 05:40 PM   #60  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default QUICKIE!

Just a quick hello, I'm all dressed up and have somewhere to go! Will be on later to reply to all!!

Deb
Closed Thread