Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 10-04-2004, 06:20 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Thumbs up Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 10/4-10/10

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...521#post686521

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 06:28 AM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Not sure when I'll be able to get in a post, hoping today actually - but, here's the
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
for you all to start the week with - I like them both

RECONNECT

If you're lacking motivation or enthusiasm, it's time to move your attention away from what is wrong. Instead, put your focus on what you can do to make things better.
When you feel overwhelmed by difficult circumstances, make it a point to reconnect with your positive possibilities. You'll find that, no matter what your situation, there are plenty of ways to move forward from it.

Remember that all your disappointments are now behind you. And your positive possibilities are all in front of you, ready for you to fulfill.

Visualize every disappointment fading away, growing smaller and more distant. See the best of your possibilities getting bigger, closer, brighter, more detailed and filled with life.

There are countless ways to improve your world and your life. Pick just one of them, something you can do right now, and make it happen.

Put your focus on the positive possibilities. And you'll begin to make them positively real.

-- Ralph Marston

START SOMETHING POSITIVE

Momentum can be difficult to establish. And that's what makes it so valuable.

Because once you have it going in your favor, momentum can be hard to stop. With momentum on your side, small efforts can bring big results, and those big results can lead to even bigger ones.

Yes, momentum takes some effort and commitment to put into motion. And it is very much worth the trouble.

Take the time and make the effort to start something positive. Even though, in the short term, it would be easier and more comfortable to just do nothing, look past those immediate concerns.

Look ahead to that point where momentum kicks in, and consider the value of putting it to work in your favor. Then get up, get going, and get to work on building that momentum.

Start something positive, and create some valuable momentum. You'll be able to ride that momentum as far as you can imagine.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 07:59 AM   #3  

Good Morning! We got back from the wedding, safe and sound yesterday at about 5:30...just in time to unpack the van, then head into church. (we had left from the church..) We all nodded off some during the sermon, but it was ok.

The wedding was wonderful. It rained, which made a change from having it on the San Marcos river, to having it at the bride's parent's church. The church was lovely, and comfortable. The bride was disappointed, but was dealing well with it. The reception was a blast. I tried to spend the weekend eating sensibly. I started out badly with some chips in the van to snack on, and had a bad reaction to the saltiness...my ankles got all swollen. At the rehearsal dinner, I passed up a chocolate silk pie and had fresh fruit. I even left the mashed Yukon Gold potatoes! I did eat a piece of cake at the reception, but that was about my worst. Driving home, I had to nibble to stay awake while driving and used pretzels. I drove for about three hours before I was too sleepy to go on, and in that time went through half a large bag of pretzels. Again, the salt did a number on my ankles. Its back on track today. I think I know now why us older folks don't do road trips like that! I climbed in bed last night at about 9, and slept like the dead until 7 this morning!

Its time for a cup of coffee, or I am going to crawl back in bed for another couple of hours!

Last edited by Ellen; 10-04-2004 at 08:02 AM.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:04 AM   #4  

Good Monday morning....

Looks like I am the second here today DD woke up early and told me she is going to pee-pee and the rest is history . Not sure what is in the agenda today but probably some errands to run with dh.

Not exactly sure what my menu is for today but I have a little idea. Will post them later. Nothing much to report now except to say "Hi" to everyone of you and hope everyone has a wonderful start for this week.

Will check in later.

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:08 AM   #5  

Monet, guess we posted around the same time. Glad you are home safe!! Good job on your eating, good job!!! Hey, I am 30 years old and I don't do road trips or any trips well...LOL.

Julia
Old 10-04-2004, 08:32 AM   #6  

I just realized something. I started SB in the beginning of Oct last year but I do not know the exact date. Mentally, I clock it as 1st of Oct so Happy 1st SB Anniversary to me!! LOL. Time sure flies when you are having fun and that's how I feel about SB. I am 22 lighter and healthier now...woo hoo!!!

Julia
Old 10-04-2004, 08:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies.

It's good to be back on here and back on track.
Actually we have been back for a week. The one week was very busy. We would leave at 7:30 and get back around 1:00 a.m. Lots of walking and the plants had 3-4 flights of steps. It was pretty touch. Saturday night Dennis decided he wanted to come home. So we had to scramble to get a flight back. Actually, I was glad, I don't know that I could have walked around another week. Plus we would have been totally on our own and the language barrier was tough. He hated the food too. We had a good time and got to see some pretty villages.

I feel much better except for the muscle pain in my legs and arms. We have decided that it is the RA back and not the chemo. I am having my port removed on Wed so I can't go back on my RA meds until a week or so after that and they take about 4-6 weeks to kick in. So I guess I will just suffer until then. But I feel like I have turned the corner and most of this is behind me. So now on to getting this excess weight off.

Deb, Happy Birthday to you! Hope you have a special day. Relax and pamper yourself.

Monet, the wedding sounds like fun and you didn't do to badly. There are lots of things worse than pretzels. I agree with you on the road trip thing. Those Bulldogs are looking quite good.

Julia, Happy SB anniversary. Since you reminded me, my 3rd year is the 8th. Have a great day.

Will check in later. Have a great SB day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:59 AM   #8  

JACK!!! I missed you. I am glad you are back, safe and sound. I hope that the muscle pain gets better for you. Lay off the nightshades (eggplant, tomatoes, etc.) and see if that helps. It does for some people with RA. The Bulldogs DO look good...I had to check to see who won on Saturday, since I was not on here to be told by BOB, and then too, she is off at a wedding too. I am surprised Fillise did not get on here and gloat just a little...
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:06 AM   #9  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!!

This will be a total drive by, but wanted to make sure that theSB MOMA DIVA has a happy birthday.... HAVE A BIG OLE DAY !!!!

JACKIE....{{{{{{{{WELCOME BACK...BOB MISSED YOU!!!}}}}}}}}}}

Haven't read any of last weeks board....

I'm in deep mourning......CONGRATS SUSAN!!!!! You must have pulled for THE VOLS!!!

I'll check in later...

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:40 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!!

Happy Birthday Deb!!!!!!!!!!!!! May your day be full of all that is good and memories that you will cherish in the years to come.

Jack-K...(((hugzz))) sure did miss seeing you at the board. Welcome back! Praying and believing you feel better in no time.

Julia...Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!

Monet...welcome back! Sorry it rained on the wedding. You did great on your eating.

Bob....((hugzz)) Good morning.

The kids are driving me batty to get the potato pancakes made so I'd better get till later.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Monet, I don't eat eggplant or tomatoes (except for sauce and soup) so I don't have to worry about that.

Bob, I was in shock about the TN game. I couldn't beleive it. Of course UK stunk to high heaven. DH thinks we are going to get Spurrier. Don't know what we need.

Country, Potato pancakes? Now that sounds like a good ole country breakfast. Hope you are not induldging.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:04 AM   #12  

Quick Drive-by to wish Deb a very happy birthday. Hope your year is filled with happiness and good health!
Everyone else- I MISS YOU. Sorry I have not been on the board much, life has been incredibly busy and my eating has been way off. I have kinda been too ashamed to post!
jackieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:05 AM   #13  

I am so sleepy today. My fault since I should have slept earlier yesterday. Also, the yeast infection is not helping. I have a question, is there any way to self-treat a yeast infection? This is my first known yeast infection and it is probably because of the antibiotic I am taking for my gum treatment (for 3 whole months...yikes!!). I am trying not to use the cream or pill unless I have to. I read that if you use them often, the bacterial can becomes resistant to them. Previously, I have heard women using the "live culture (acidophilis...sp?)" tablets from the pharmacy to restore the "balance" while some consumed more yogurt. I know you will need to eat a lot of yogurt to be enough though. Have any of you tried it? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I need to start doing something before it drives me nuts!! lol.

Some replies :

DEB : Happy Birthday!!! Hope you are spoilt rotten by your friends and family today

JACK-K : Glad you are home safe. Sounds like you had lotsa fun plus exercise too. What is "RA"? Whatever it is, I hope it will solve your discomfort. {{{hugs}}}

BOB : Good morning!!

COUNTRY : Good morning!! Potatoes pancakes sounds yummyyyy!! I used to make them too. Have a great day!

Julia

Last edited by kengjw; 10-04-2004 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:09 AM   #14  
Goddess

Thumbs up Good Monday Morning!

First things first--HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB! Hope you have a great day!

BOB--See, I told you that when you pull for the other team it always works out great for AU! How was the wedding? Tell us all about it when you get the chance.

Beach--WAR EAGLE!

Monet--Glad you had a good trip and you are home safely. I don't think calories consumes while driving on a road trip should count. Now if someone would just convince my body of that!

Heart--You know the drill--right back on the wagon!

Jackie--Spurrier? That would make the UA fans go balistic! They hate UK almost as much as UT (but don't worry, they hate AU even more).

Keng--Happy SB anniversary!!!!!

LOTS of work to do today! Started the morning with a prayer breakfast for one of my former clients that is being sworn in as mayor tonight. I have a breakfast meeting three mornings this week, at least two lunches and will be on the road back and forth to Montgomery all week. We are not within 30 days to election day, so y'all know this is the crazy time for me. I'll be on when I can, but it may not be regular!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:36 AM   #15  

Hi all:

I wasn't so good over the weekend. I've really got to get a handle on it with the hoidays around the corner; I can't afford to get lazy about my eating now. I was pretty good w/ exercise though; I went to the gym on Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat. I hope to do that well or better this week.

I got my hair cut on Saturday, and I think she cut it shorter than she has in the past....it will grow out to where I like it in a week or two.

Lane can't decide whether she wants to nap or not, and when she does, she wants to nap so late in the day that I know it's going to interfere with her sleep that night...gheez, I wish we'd get it figured out.

Heart: So sorry to hear about Boogie's little eye. I'm glad he didn't need stitches or anything. The picture of you is lovely; your face doesn't look fat. Let's get back on track this week, o.k? We really need to get tough with eachother now!

Jack-K: Welcome back!!! So good to see your posts. I'm glad you had a good time. I hope you get the RA under control soon and start to feel better.

Monet: Welcome back; glad you enjoyed your trip. You didn't do too bad on eating at all; you s/b proud.

Deb: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Enjoy your day!

Ken: Happy SB Anniversary!! If you've never had a yeast infection before, you will not build up a resistance to the creams. I would start with an over-the-counter yeast infection cream, and if that doesn't work, talk to your gyn. I'm sure you would get it cleared up in no time.

Fillise: We know how busy you are; thanks for checking in with us, and good luck w/ all those "food" outings.

JackieO: Come on and post and be accountable; it would be a good idea to post regularly now that the holidays are almost upon us. We all need as much support as we can get this time of year!!

Well, I gotta go get some things done while Lane is watching Dora.

I'll check in later.

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote