Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Which PB do you buy the most from the list below, and what style?
Peter Pan 3 25.00%
Jif 4 33.33%
Skippy 2 16.67%
Reese's 0 0%
Laura Scudder's 0 0%
Store Brand 0 0%
Health Food Store Brand 1 8.33%
I buy creamy / smooth 5 41.67%
I buy chunky / crunchy 4 33.33%
I don't buy any peanut butter 1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2004, 06:25 PM   #31  

Good evening. Today has been boring and I've been lazy. Thats all I can say for myself. I need to get off my butt and do something. I did get a doll today for my collection. I always love when the post man or fed express in this case brings a long box up the porch steps. So I played with it.. LOL... Eating has been fine.. B-peanut butter toast L-scrambled eggs with ham S-peach and 2 ryvia crackers with peanut butter D- Meat loaf, green beans. I know I need more vegetables.... Hope you have a good evening and for those who watch Big Brother don't forget its on tonight....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:06 PM   #32  

Hi,

Sorry to interupt the usual posts. I had actually asked a question on SB general and haven't rec'd a response. I noticed in some posts that it was suggested to come to weekly support boards for answers to questions.

I used to post here earlier in the yr when I was going to try SB again. I did follow this WOE for about 4 mos last yr and was very successful and lost about 30lbs. Unfortunately, a health issue(1 of many I ashamed to say) side lined me and after many tests and lots of stress eating(gave up 1 1/2 yrs ago) I gained it all back. I've been bouncing around different plans with little success. I have lost about 14lbs since april but have a long way to go..

My question was, "Has anyone lost big on SB? I never see it on ediets or low carb boards mention it rarely. I loved it when I was on it. But the mental block (boy do I mean mental ) is there. Reviews say it's ok but weight loss is slow. I never see any before & after or here any great success stories. I'm also going back to sweettalk to see if I can get motivated. I really need help. Motivate me ...pleeeeeeeeeeease! Thankyou!
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:08 PM   #33  

The small group went well tonight. Everyone liked the curry. We had a huge group...and it was kind of nice. I sure am tired though! I did fairly well with dinner...I had it on ww noodles, and avoided almost all the potatoes. Unfortunately, I did have a small piece of cake that my daughter brought to the group. They gave it to her at work for her birthday which was yesterday. I feel sure I can get right back on program tomorrow.

I have lunch plans tomorrow, a young woman from church is coming over for lunch. I am really enjoying spending time with these young women lately. They are all such beautiful women, both inside and out.

We had a long talk with our son tonight, and he is going to be moving back home for a while to try and get back on his feet. His insurance company is trying to dump him and not pay for the accident he was in a few weeks back. His roommate and he are not getting along, and we all agree it will be best for him to move in here and get his life in order. I am kind of looking forward to it. He has been kind of depressed lately, and I know its because his roommate manipulates him and puts him down a lot. He is a very sensitive, caring young man, and he doesn't need someone messing with his head. I can feed him well too, and hopefully he will feel better on higher quality chow!

DONNA: Big losers on here include Jack-K, who has lost over 100 pounds on SB, Heartmom, who has lost about 75, I think-or more. Teensybean has lost over 100, but lost a good bit on Protein Power before she started on SB, which broke a very long stall she had been on. The moderator, Debelli, has lost a good bit on Sugarbusters too. You can't find a healthier diet. My doctor recommends it to all his patients, and actually follows it pretty much himself. I am sure there are other big losers on here, but my mind is rather fried tonight, so I am not thinking clearly. Others will be along to clarify and enhance I am sure! Glad you made it over here. I hope you find it motivating to jump in and get involved with this little corner of cyberspace.

To everyone else, , until tomorrow! Good night!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:35 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW.

Hope the scale is good to everyone today. I think I am down 1 lb.

Didn't get back on yesterday. I spent the day cleaning out files. Productive, but not much fun.

Today is my anniversary. 31 years. Haven't figured out where we will go for dinner. probably steak. Nothing exciting or big.

Donna, Welcome! As Monet stated, I had lost 105 lbs on SB. When I started I was determined this was not going to be like any other diet, two weeks on and then forget it. I wanted it so bad. Like you, health problems have side lined my wt lost. I have gained about 10 lbs through the surgery and chemo treatments. But I am determined to get that 10 and 10 more off. SB is so easy to do. We hope you will join our board. You will get lots of support and motivation here. Good luck.

Monet, Girl do you ever get out of the kitchen? It is nice that you are allowing your DS to come back home. We just can't seem to get rid of them can we I'm sure a lot of pampering from mom is just what he needs.

Missy, Sorry you are so down. I wish I could just give you a big hug and tell you things will be ok. Hang in there. We are sending good thoughts your way.

toni, what kind of dolls do you collect?

Ken, It's always that rush that gets us every time. It is so important to plan ahead and be prepared, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Just get back on track (which is what it sounds like you did) and you will be fine.

BOB, e-mail in heaven would be a great idea. Cute joke. You had better get your butt back on here.

Sef, those shells are a no-no, but oh they are good!

Country, sorry you are in a funk. Hope today is better for you.

Rosalie, when I do chicken in the crockpot, I use boneless breasts. Enjoy your nap.

Susan, Praying that little baby does ok. Keep us posted.

Nat, you do deserve bragging rights. I don't know anyone that works harder than you at your wt. You are an inspiration.

gator, How many steps today? Keep up the good work. Hope the scale shows you some rewards today.

BF today was oatmeal, 1/2 grapefruit. 1/2 c milk.
Lunch is Atkins pizza and an orange.
Dinner, probably a steak, salad and veggies.

Have a great day. Hope to be back later.
Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:31 AM   #35  

Good Morning! Its late for me! I slept a bit late, talked to Laura a while, then read some. I still have not had breakfast, but I have had about three cups of coffee, so I am rather wired! I just got off the phone with my son, and he has gotten off the lease of his apartment and will start moving in immediately. We need to move stuff out of his old room, and especially move the computers into Ruth's old room. He said since he would be saving a lot on rent, he would purchase a wireless router and cards for the computers, and set it up. Hooray! (he is an IT professional, so he can do it spiffy, quickly and correctly!) Now he and his father don't have to figure out how to run Cat5 cable to move the computer from his old room to Ruth's and get all the computers networked.

JACK: No, I feel like I am chained to the kitchen sink or stove sometimes, so I don't get out of it much! No wonder its so hard for me to lose weight! I am around food all the time....and I mean ALL the time! I can stay OP, but the temptations are always there, and I probably eat too much of even the good things. Happy Anniversary! Do you get comments about how long you have been married? Its been 28 for us, and people are always so impressed that we are STILL together!

TONI: I too am curious as to what kind of dolls you collect? A friend of mine is a doll maker...she teaches classes in her home. Her dolls are the most beautifully painted porcelain I have ever seen. Very delicate colors, and fine detail. I bought one of her Bye-lo babies for my daughter when she was about 8, and it was so gorgeous! She still has it but it needs the hand mended, as it broke accidentally. My friend said she would be happy to fix it, I just need to get it to her!

FRUIT: I am so so sorry you are so down. Honey, we love you, and understand. Crying is a good release of emotions, I am sure. Come back and let us know how you are doing, so we don't worry about you. OK?

Ok, I think I have typed up an appetite, so its finally time for breakfast! Later!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 11:04 AM   #36  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey Y'all

Thanks for the hugs and warm thoughts. I'm doing a little better today. Terry came home from work yesterday with flowers - that made me cry more! HA! He just doesn't know what to do - so he figured that bearing gifts would give me a lift! It worked!

Well, I'll see you again soon!

Missy
299.5/295.5/250 (1st goal)
fruitloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:25 PM   #37  

Hi Everybody!!! I didn't drop off the face of the earth, I have just been extraordinarily BUSY. First, my office moved, so I went without a phone or computer connection for weeks. I also just got back from a 2 week vacation and got a huge promotion at work. Sometimes, I don't have time to go to the bathroom. I went through a funk that involved eating lots of carbs and sugar, but am glad to be finally back on track. I know a lot of my eating was emotional due to the levels of stress in my life. I have missed you all and am very glad to be back. Have a great day--Ashley
jackieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:33 PM   #38  

Good Afternoon

I had a busy morning. I washed curtains and drapes from two bedrooms also kitchen and bathroom sheers, cleaned inside windows, vacuumed and dusted. Also sorted out a few things for a garage sale that the lawn-bowling club is having soon. It's amazing how much you can collect and keep of stuff that you never use. Will be glad to be rid of it. It doesn't matter how many cleaning binges you have there is always some stuff that gets put back in the cupboard 'just in case'. Well this time it is going.

DonnaD - I've lost over 40 lbs since starting sb about 4 1/2 years ago. I know this is nothing like the 100+ that some have lost but I am happy that I have been able to keep it off for almost three years. I would still like to lose aother 10-15 pounds but am having a hard time getting it off. I have been stalled for quite a while but I think it is because even tho I stick mainly to this woe most of the time I just eat too much. I lose a few and gain a few. But I would recommend this woe to anyone as it is possible to lose the weight as well as it is a very healthy way of eating.

Monet - Thanks for the chicken recipes. I was thinking of doing the whole chicken in the pot so will try that first. I planned on doing it to-day but as ds will not be home for dinner I will be doing it tomorrow. Another note on lentils. Have you ever tried the chana dal? This is the one that has a gi of only 8. I have lots of recipes for this one if you are interested. I'd like to add something to my note to you yesterday about the lentil pancakes that I made on the weekend. I mentioned using my food chopper to do the blending. I am wondering if I had used the regular blender if the mixture would have combined better and been less watery for the pancakes. Will try this next time. Glad you are there for your ds and can help him over a difficult time.

Fruitloupe - That was sweet of dh to bring you flowers yesterday.

Sef - I was wondering where you were. I see you were busy as usual.

Kengjw - Isn't that annoying when you lose a post like that. It happens to me once in a while even without a child playing with the keys.

Jack-K - Happy Anniversary.

JackieO - Welcome back and congrats on the promotion.

Well it is time to go and clean up the dishes and then jump in the shower.

Bye for now.

Marie.
Rosalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:51 PM   #39  

Good Day everyone:

My day has already been busy. I got up at 4 a.m. and went to the gym, and then had a 7 a.m appt. with the dermatologist. He does want to biopsy one of the darker moles on my back, but can't do it until Aug. 19th. I then had to take DH to work (our Explorer is in shop), and then the girls and I went to Whole Foods to get some frozen blueberries, yogurt, and a few other items. I started buying the Cascade Fresh yogurt, sweetened with fruit juice concentrate. I don't like the girls having the stuff with Splenda, and I prefer this kind too. I also found some soy nut/popcorn mix. It is lightly salted and tastes great. It has partially popped popcorn kernels (pop-nots - just like I like them) and some soy nuts too; it will make a great snack. Not legal since it has popcorn, but it has no added sugar or anything, and since I am at goal, I can do that now. I also found some Kamut Flakes that I will try for BF, since I am supposed to stay away from Wheat.

WIW was fine for me; I was at 119#'s this morning; probably the pizza yesterday.

Tonight is the night I take my dad to dinner for his late Father's Day gift. I will bring the anniversary basket to my parents tonight as well.

I worked out yesterday and today but haven't posted on the exercise board yet. I'll probably wait until the end of the week and post it all then. My shoulders are really sore from the tape I did yesterday.

Fillise: Any new news on the baby?

Fruit: I'm worried about you. Try to pick yourself up and get going....so you can get into that size 20 suit. Keep eating right and taking care of your body, and that pregnancy will catch you by surprise. Don't buy too many of those size 20 swimsuits since when you do get pregnant you won't fit into them. It seems to out of reach now, but I feel certain it will happen for you. Men really don't know how to handle those types of situations very well. When we are hormonal, nothing they say makes us feel better anyway...flowers were a nice gesture.

Monet: Glad small group went well. Your son will probably be better off at home for awhile. Good luck to him with the move. It's sometimes tough to move back home once you've been out on your own.

Country: I hope you found your way out of your funk. (((((Hugs))))).

Sef: I think the created Mexican food. It is too hard to resist

Ken: I cannot stand to lose a post....I tend to be a little wordy too. Corn Flakes? It could have been a lot worse.

Toni: MY mom collects dolls too; enjoy your newest addition.

Donna: I have had incredible results with SugarBusters. I had "baby" weight to lose, but my DD was already 8 mos., and I knew I couldn't call it that for much longer . I started SB in April of last year, and lost 33 pounds within 6 months. The last time I was measured (at least 5 months ago), I was down 22 total inches. I have maintained for 9 months now. It is a very smart diet, and I was so glad to find the diet as well as this support forum. We hope you join in.

Jack-K: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! Hope you go somewhere fun.

JackieO: Welcome home. It is good to see your post. I hope vacation was fun. Congrats on the promotion!

Well, I better run.

I probably won't have time to check in later, but will tomorrow.

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:36 PM   #40  

Good afternoon!! Hope everyone has a good weigh in today. I lost another 1/2 lb this morning, offically at 21st lbs loss. I am really impressed with SB not just for the health but the weight loss. I never thought that I will be at this weight...I am grateful

I am thinking of bringing dd for swimming at my neighbor's pool but it is so hot out there!! I know it sound like a perfect weather to hop into the pool but my asian mentality of staying out of the sun are discouraging me not to...lol. Now that dd has 2 swimming lessons every week, I am as tanned as can be...lol. I have ever met anyone who tan as fast as I am and stay tan for a long long time. No, not bragging just that I am not too fond of being *very* tan. In my homecountry, many people actually use an umbrella when they go out under the sun...lol. I know that will look weird here in US....lol.

Eating has been pretty good today. My menu for today is :

Breakfast : 1 piece of ww bread sprinkled with cinnamon and few drops of Agave. 1.5 scrambled eggs (cooked 4 eggs but shared with dh and dd) 4 oz of milk and some watermelon (I will eat some ocassionally because I love this fruit!! Just try to stay in a small portion everytime)

Snack : None since I was still full.

Lunch : Peppercorn pork tenderloin (with bell peppers, onions and mushrooms sauce), baked squash casserole (yummy!!) and pasta.

Snack : Probably fruit salad, if not I might indulge in some sweet potatoes (salt-free) chips from Terra Chips. 17 pieces for 14 grams of carb 3grams of fiber, 2 to 3 grams of sugar. Ingredients are only sweet potatoes chips and canola oil. Yum! That is my treat for dd and myself

Dinner : Leftover squash casserole and pork tenderloin (not much) and some leftover basmati rice pilaf from yesterday. I might make a piece of tilapia fillet to make up for my protein.

TONI : I am with you. I need to get off my butt and move!! I will try to hop on my bike tonight.

DONNA-D : I replied to you at Sweetalk but still want to welcome you back to SB here. This is the best WOE I ever known and make so much sense. I did not have a whole lot to lose and still lost 21st lbs already. I started since Oct 03 and absolutely find this WOE so easy to follow. I eat a lot and still lose. One thing I try to do is never to starve my body and I want my body to trust that I will provide her with good nutrition all the time. When this relationship is achieved, you body will be able to let go of some of the stored fats instead of holding on to them. I have heard about this theory for many times and actually read it in one of the magazine from a hospital recently. Think about small goals, like 10 lbs first otherwise it will be so overwhelming, as if it is impossible to achieve your ultimate goal. Some of the people here have already gave you their success stories hopefully that helps. Stick around and we can keep each other motivated. Any small effort is a great effort, as you are moving forward not backwards. So, hop on!!

MONET : I don't know how you do it...cooking and entertaining is very tiring!! Now,. you have more people to cook for...lol. I know you son will be nourished physically and emotionally in no time.

JACK-K : WTG on the 1 lb loss!! Happy Anniversary and have a fantastic dinner tonight!!

FRUIT : Awww...what a sweet and thoughtful dh he is. I am glad you are feeling better today.

JACKIE-O : *Waving*. I am glad to see you. Hope to chat with you more soon.

ROSALIE : Wow...you have been busy today. Now, can you come over to clean my house now?? lol. My house is in need of cleaning but I am here instead. Oh well, I figure out the mess will always be there...lol.

I have to go check on dd, she has close her room door, wondering what she is up to now?

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:40 PM   #41  

Oh, just in case anyone wants to try this yummy Squash Casserole. Here is it the recipe I got from Sweetalk:

Squash Casserole
Makes 8 servinggs Prep 20 min. Cook 20 min. Bake 35

3 pounds yellow squash, sliced
5 tablespoons butter or margerine, divided
1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 cup (4oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. sugar (I left this out, of course!)
1 tsp. salt
20 round buttery crackers, crushed (about 3/4 cup) (You can use ww breadcrumbs or triscuits)

Cook squash in boiling water to cover in a large skillet 8 - 10 minutes or
until tender. Drain well; gently press between paper towels.

Melt 4 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and
saute
5 minutes or until tender. Remove skillet from heat; stir in squash, cheese,
and next 4 ingredients. Sspoon misture into a lightly greased 11/7 in. baking
dish. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Stir together melted butter and
crushed crackers; sprinkle evenly over top of casserole. Bake at 350 for 30 -
35 min. or until set.
Note: To lighten, reduce butter to 3 tablespoons, using 2 tablespoons to saute
onion. Substitute 1/2 c eggg substitute for eggs and low fat versions of
mayonnaise, cheese, and crackers.
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:37 PM   #42  
Goddess

Afternoon all! This is another quickie as I'm up to my eyeballs in work! I'v got a municipal election three weeks away and one of my corporate clients wants to bump up my involvement in their work--which is great, but It's going to take me a bit to get up to speed!

I did want to update y'all on the baby. Her name is Savannah. She underwent surgery this morning and we haven't heard anything on that yet. We are supposed to hear something tonight. Monday was very rough for the little girl (and her parents), but my understanding is that if today goes ok she will come home next Wed and have some time to get bigger before going back in Nov. for the big surgery. I'll let you know when I hear more. I ate dinner at her daddy's restaurant last night and the goal was to spend money--we ordered appetizers, entrees, wine, desserts. Needless to say. . . Is it just a massive rationalization to say it was for a good cause?

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:38 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just checking into catch up.

Monet, yes I get comments, people think my DH is a saint. Little do they know,

Missy, Poor Terry, he is trying. Be nice to him, men can't handle the crying thing. Call a friend and go out for lunch (legal of course) or go shopping (even better) just to get your mind off it for awhile. Sometimes it helps to count your blessings, Terry being one of them.

Ashley, I am so glad to see your post. Congrats on the promotion. Are you head shrink now? What about the triathalon, still training, done it, won it, let us know. Hope you can stay with us now.

Rosalie, wow you have been one busy bee. My curtains and windows could use a good cleaning. Come on down.

Nat, have fun with your Dad tonight.

Congrats to all the losers today.

Have a great night. May not get on tomorrow. Have a 9:00 meeting and will leave work around 11 to get my treatment. Maybe if I get home I can get on. If not talk to you Friday.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:40 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. I haven't had any time for the computer. Been busy getting stuff together for vacation tomorrow. My eating has sucked the past 2 days, don't want to go in detail at all! So I won't..here's a couple of replies.

Donna- On a good day, I have lost 115 pounds. The majority of that loss is contributed to SB.

Fillese- You know, I wish I had friends like you!! That's great that you're so caring. So I'm thinking back...the main thing is calling daily to let them know how much you do care. This will stand out the most when they reflect back. Then if they are short on finances(like us!), phone cards are a wonderful gift. Then follows restaurant gift cards, etc..When they come home it would be nice if they came home to a clean house or a couple of days where their church or friends cooked for them. But above all of this, like I said before, simply calling them and being there for them when they come home is the most important. Also, after the baby comes home, even when the child is doing good, it's nice for someone to call or come by just to "check" on them.

Pancho- You said you're friend's baby has a 30% chance of survival. Can you tell me the name of the defect? Boogie's is Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome(HLHS).

Well, guys. Like I said, I'm in a slump with my eating. I do good for a bit and then totally blow it. And now vacation starts tomorrow. Well, I'm not going to stress over it right now, I'll wait until vacation is over for that!

I'll miss you all!
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 05:19 PM   #45  
Little Engine That Could

Got home from my volunteer job a little while ago. Actually, I left there about 12:30 and went to have my hair cut. Then went by the store for cat food and then home. Then a service man came and we conferred about a gate we want to have put in. So, just getting on the board.

Breakfast: Shredded wheat and one peach with sk. milk.
Lunch: Leftover from last nights dinner, crockpot chicken and veggies, Yum. BTW, the chicken was WoNDERFUL!!

I have just walked 7000 steps so far today, 5000 of which were this mornings walk. Will have to get out there and walk some more today. It has just finished raining here, but close to time to fix dinner, so will probably have to wait till later. Maybe a 3 mile walk after dinner.

Gotta go.

Fruit--Be happy, look for ways to be happy, look for ways that you are blessed and ways to make a difference in someone's life. That may give you the lift you need. Hugggzzz.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote