Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 07-12-2004, 09:29 PM   #1  

Default What breakfast cereals do you eat?

So far, I've only had Uncle Sam. I wanted to try Kashi 7 in the Morning, but unbleached whole wheat flour is the frist ingredient listed. Not legal, is it? Thanks!
MadisonLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:27 AM   #2  

I eat either "Silver Palate thick and rough oatmeal" or "Arrowhead Mills Shredded Wheat" which I got at a local health food store. I've heard others say to avoid anything with "wheat flour" in it, probably because it's more proccessed than "whole wheat", "whole grain", "rolled oats", etc. I'd be interested to hear other's opinions. The regulars don't seem to post here much, you may want to repost your question in the main weekly discussion thread on the SB support board to get more responses. Glad to know you're still around and doing well!
goofgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:56 PM   #3  

I really like fiber one ...does anyone know if it is legal on SB? ( it contains corn bran & corn starch ). Plain shredded wheat is o.k. if you put a little splenda on it!
abigailhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:11 PM   #4  

I like Cheerios (Yellow box)
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 09:12 AM   #5  

I purchased the SB shopping list book...Uncle Sam is on it as well as Fiber One. Shredded wheat and bran are also on it as is non-instant oatmeal. According to the SB book, Cheerios is the high end of GI index but it's up to you of course if you choose to eat it. Also, the Kashi cereal that is on the list is something puffed but on the next page of the book it says absolutely nothing with corn or puffed rice..go figure? Also, I'm not sure about All-Bran..it's sugar is at 6 g per serving which I think is so much better tasting than Fiber ONe. That's another question...the SB shopping list says 3 or less per serving for sugar on carbs but the SB book says 5 or less?? I'm eating Grape Nuts which are at 3 g of sugar per serving but on the moderate GI listing. It's confusing that there are inconsistencies. Not many posts are answered on this forum...mostly on the weekly support board which is sometimes difficult to sort through since many of the posters know each other and include lots of other information which is fine but for newbies, you just want your questions answered.
livinginthesticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:34 AM   #6  

Default Fiber One...

I eat Fiber One... Once you get used to eating it, I think it provides more fiber than most...
skeeweeaka is offline   Reply With Quote