3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 5/31-6/5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/41369-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-5-31-6-5-a.html)

Pancho 06-01-2004 11:20 AM

Good Tuesday morning:

I finished off the day pretty good yesterday. We had hot dogs for dinner. I ate one with 1/2 bun and the other one plain, topped with chili, cheese, onions & tomatoes. I did eat a handful of Lay's potato chips too. Overall, I think I did good for a long weekend.

I just finished up 1/2 cantaloupe, and will be having some cereal soon; lunch will probably be leftover hot dog with toppings (no bun).

heart: Hope it's a brighter day today. Glad you enjoyed the reunion; it's always such fun to get the family together. Desserts are always tough to pass up.

Fruit: Glad to see you! Enjoy your time off school.

BOB: Howdy

Sef: I never posted the recipe on the board since it was a last minute "throw together" type thing. I layered all the veggies, and then topped with a low-sugar pasta sauce (I get mine at Whole Foods & Trader Joes, but I think Classico is low sugar too), and then topped with a mixture of mozzarella/parmesan shredded cheese. Once you cook it, and take it out of the oven, you want to let it set up since it gets real runny from the juice of the veggies. I even had to drain mine more since it was so runny. But it was really good with a side salad.

Monet: Dinner sounds delicious..made my mouth water. I hope you get some relief with your joint pain soon.

Teensy: Wow, you've been plenty busy! So glad the party was a success and a surprise. I love Deb's cheesecake too; I've made it with a crust and crustless; how did you make yours?

Jack-K: I am up to your challenge of being OP the rest of the week!!!! We'll shoot for Friday now, and then maybe next week include the weekend, like you suggested. I don't think I'd like the gym to be dead all the time, because watching other people work out actually motivates me, but it was a nice change of pace, and something I wouldn't mind every once in a while.

I am going to pull out my 20-minute Pilates tape today when Lane is sleeping and give it a shot. I have one that lasts an hour too, but would like to get familiar with the moves first.

Well, I better run....SUMMER JUST STARTED AND THE KIDS ARE ALREADY FIGHTING!

Take care,
Nat

fruitloupe 06-01-2004 06:05 PM

Hello my friends!

Yes – it’s me – 2 days in a row! WOOHOO! Well, I went to the doctor today and I’m not doing my shots this month. She will be doing some special ultrasound next week to make sure that there is nothing in my uterus that may be preventing implantation. She said that my periods starting so early each month are definitely not normal. So, we will see what happens this month. Hopefully we can find a problem and fix it and I can start back on my shots next month. I just don’t want to be going through all of this once school starts up again. I was hoping to be pregnant and then I would take the year off of school since I’m high risk. But, there is still time – I need to relax and just let things go.

BOB: I always knew you were a natural beauty!!!

SEF: I’m so glad to see you posting again. Your shoulder must be doing better and you are able to use both hands again. You’ve probably been back a while but I’ve been gone so long I wasn’t here to see you! Be careful – that lint will always get you!

GATOR: Sounds like you are having a great time there….how long do you get to stay? I hope you brought lots of books to read being that you are confined to your room there!!

PANCHO: I hear ya on not wearing makeup when you are home….I’m the same way! If I know that I’m not going anywhere – no makeup hits this face!!

TEENSY: The party sounded great! How’s your son doing? I hope he is feeling better.

JACK-K: I’m so glad to hear that you are safe and sound up there! I was worried about you when I saw all of that weather in your direction!!! I’m pretty depressed here with all of this fertility stuff. I’m trying to keep my chin up though….thanks for the prayers!

Well, let me run! I’ll talk to y’all tomorrow!

Missy
296/294/170 – yes I’m getting fatter by the minute!

sef 06-01-2004 07:51 PM

HiedeeHo All!

Where did the day go? The NH this morning and a PT evaluation this afternoon. PT OWWWWWWWWWWW! But I did feel better for it. Therapist gave my shoulder and pecs a deep massage. She said I had a knot in the pec that was about 4" across. When she statrted I could have punched her one, but the longer she did it gthe better it felt. Gave me additional exercises, have to watch my posture, etc. Will be seen 3x a week for next four weeks, so will see how it goes.

MONET: Glad it is cool. Here you would really miss that AC, Hope the pain lessens, I can really relate.

TEENSY: So glad your surprise party was just that, a true surprise. You are one busy lady.

JACKK: Hope you feel better. I'm on for 100% the rest of the week.

PANCHO: Thanx for clarifying the recipe for this "blond"

FRUIT: I will keep good thoughts going your way. You are a very brave and determined woman. I admire your fortitude.

Time to relax, see what's on the tube.

Take care,
Shirley

Teensybean 06-02-2004 12:20 AM

Good evening gang---tried to get on earlier this morning....but couldn't seem to get connected. What a beautiful morning we had. In fact it was so nice that Buddy and I walked 3 miles instead of 2. Boy, am I feeling it tonight. Just tired. But then I worked in the yard all day too.

So glad to get rid of the rain. Just lucky that we haven't had it as bad as some of you are getting it. We did have a tornado in town the other day. It was not near us.....whereas in 97 it was right over our little wide spot in the road. My folks were here and we were outside BBQing burgers when it got blacker than he**. Scary!! Hope everyone is safe and sound and that all of your families are too.

Monet-- Hope you get rested up. Take care of yourself, please.

Jackie--Thank God you had no damage. Boy, there sure was alot . I am praying for all the families involved. It must be devastating to say the least. Hope the chemo after effects will pass quickly for you this time. I am willing to take this challenge with you.

Pancho-- I made this one crustless.....but I have made them using Fiber One cereal with Splenda and cinnamon. This is by far the best cheesecake I have eaten in a long time. What kind of hotdogs do you use?? I haven't been able to find any that aren't so high in fat, or have added sugars to them. I sure would like a good old hotdog. Funny, the things I seem to miss.....

Missy-- I know it is hard for you, but you really do need to try and relax a bit. I have faith that something good is going to happen. My son is doing fine, thanks for asking. He is back to riding so.......I hate not having control over their lives anymore. But I guess that is what life is all about. I just hope nothing else happens to him.

Sef-- PT does wonders. When my dh had a total hip replacement, doing his PT helped him to get up and moving alot faster than the ones that didn't do it. Hope it works as well for you.

Well, that's it folks......

GatorGal 06-02-2004 07:47 AM

Hi everyone, Cant stay on long. Am using the puter at the school and there are a bunch of other students who want to check their e-mail. Am having a sandwich every day for lunch, lots of bread but it is good, like good french bread. Walked almost 14000 steps yesterday. Take care; Will post more when I get a chance.

Ellen 06-02-2004 08:07 AM

Morning! I am up and dressed and waiting for Mr. AC to show up. This is the owner's son I am waiting on...he is a great young man, and I suspect he will be here as soon as he can get through the traffic to get the parts he needs and get back here.

I did pretty well with being OP yesterday. I am still not going to weigh in due to the thyroid issues. Hopefully those will be resolved eventually, but it often takes as long as five weeks.

Here it is Wednesday, and I have not been to Curves yet this week. I may try and go this afternoon. What bothers me is that my joints are feeling very good this morning, and its been a while since I worked out. If I could just figure out which machines bothered my knees the most, I could skip them.

I am going to go rustle up some breakfast! Later! :wave:

Solly 06-02-2004 08:38 AM

Happy WIW.

I stayed the same today. Funny though, I was 2 lbs lighter yesterday and I only had a bowl of soup and a hamburger with no bun to eat all day. Go figure. Didn't get any exercise last night. Just didn't feel up to it and didn't want to upset the stomach any more.

DD's car wouldn't start. Thought it was the battery, but she had just left the dome light on. Saved us some money though.

Missy, at least they think they may know what the problem is. Hope that is all it is and you can get back to the shots. Hang in there. I know it is depressing. Things go better when you are relaxed.

Sef, all that PT should help. No pain no gain.

Teensy, It was a beautiful day here too. Until about 8:00. Then the storms hit again. Another funnel cloud spotted. I don't know what's going on, but I'll be glad when it passes. WTG geetting in that extra mile.

Gator, you are going to need new shoes at that rate. Keep up the good work.

Monet, lucikly it is a bit cooler. Hope that AC gets fixed today. Be careful at Curves.

Got to finish up payroll here. Hope to be back later.

Jackie.

Pancho 06-02-2004 10:54 AM

Good morning....don't have much time, but wanted to check in.

I am taking the girls out to run some errands this morning before it gets too hot. There is an educational toy store in town that sells educational "appropriate age level" books for children. If the child finishes the book by August 31st, they can pick out any toy in the store for 50% off; it doesn't matter how much it is. They even have train tables & dollhouses, and stuff. I am going to encourage Britt to do it. We then have to get to Hi-Health & Target, and get gas, etc....

I was at 120# this morning when I got up at that ungodly hour of 4 a.m. to go to the gym. But, I got a good workout in and feel refreshed and ready to take on the day now.

Well, I'll try to reply later. I just wanted everyone to know that I am alive, and for Jack-K to know that I plan to stay OP all day again!!

Take care,
Nat

woodfrogs 06-02-2004 01:42 PM

Good WIW afternoon.

Hi everyone! I happen to have a little time and thought I could pop in and read the posts and get a post in myself. It's been awhile and I apologoze. Work has been crazy and the family gets me going too...
Weigh in was 212, down 1 pound from last week. It has to be all the outdoor exercise, since I've had conflicts and problems getting to the gym in the afternoon. I may switch to early AM and see how that goes...
We've had some wicked rain and thunderstorms, but no tornadoes.

Gator - Good luck in France, what a wonderful trip! I envy you.

Pancho - SOunds like you're doing pretty well, even with the girls off from school.

Fruit - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. We have friends going thru IVF and it's definitely a labor of love!

Have a great day everyone else!

Barbara
270/212/135

CountryMom4Him 06-02-2004 04:33 PM

Wiw

I really really dread WIW sometimes...*smile* up a pound back up to 158. I can't seem to shake the extra pounds from the holidays but then again I'm not really putting in the effort so it's truly my fault.

Fruit..so good to see you. Praying they find the root of your problems and you are soon with little one. (((hugzzz)))

Jack-K...Sorry you haven't been feeling to well the last couple of days. Hope you shake the shakey feeling soon. No pun intended.

Poncho...looks like you are still doing great. How long till vacation?

Woodfrogs...WTG on being down another pound.

Monet...I don't blame you for not weighing. It can get so stressful. Especially while they are working on your tyroid. Praying it lines out very soon.

Gator...WTG on all the walking. I bet the bread doesn't hurt at all with all the walking.

Colleen...wow 3 miles. I wish. I'm barely getting a mile and a half or two when I get out.

Sef...hope the therapy gets that shoulder to feeling tons better soon. I pulled something in mine again this morning. Good thing is it pops right back in place if I stop and twirl it. *smile*

Howdy to all the MIA's. You are NOT forgotten.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

Solly 06-02-2004 04:44 PM

Nat, glad to see you are back at your 120#. Good reading incentive. Anything to get kids to read.

Wood, I like to get the A.M. exercise and get it over with. That way it's not haning over your head and you can put it off.

Country, you will drop those holiday pounds when you are ready. Don't fret about it.

Heading home. No big plans. have ziti ready for dinner. Just gonna chill.

Have a great one.

Ellen 06-02-2004 06:15 PM

Mr. AC Jr. showed up this afternoon, while I was at Curves with daughter #1. Daughter #2 did not even notice he was outside removing the ac unit! Silly girl! The AC is all fixed and works great, but I opted to wait to turn it on until tomorrow morning. Its fairly cool today with out it. Anything to save some moola$$!

As I mentioned above, I went to Curves. It felt good to get moving. I skipped several machines in an effort to figure out which ones bother my knees. Who knows...it could be the recovery pads!

I don't know what I am fixing for dinner...I ought to skip it since I feel kind of blah. Unfortunately, Tom does not like it when I suggest skipping dinner! Seems he is always hungry! (and he looks so good! Its just not fair that he eats so much and looks so hunky!)

I better go think about dinner... sigh.

Tranquil 06-02-2004 08:46 PM

Hi All: Have been so busy this week - cannot believe how fast time is flying by! Tomorrow prospective buyer coming to look at house - they came by today and looked at outside and called me sounding very positive - wait till they see the inside - it is a heck of a lot better than outside after all the work I put into it these past two years! Cannot wait for the oooohs and ahhhhs...I am dreaming! hahahaha

Today was WIW - and I had no clue - thinking it was Tuesday and in a rush in the morning - totally forgot about weighing! But, Wendy saw me today and said WOW you look like you have lost even more weight since last week - hope that is true....I have to remember to make doctor's visit for weigh in - keep forgetting and time is running out if I want an appointment for the 15th!

Been raining and ugly today - but good for Zach's tomato plants - his strawberries are delish! We had picked a couple the other day that were really red - they tasted like candy! He has them in a hanging pot in front of the house and it is going wild...his tomato plant is covered in buds - cannot wait!!!!

Well I better run - hope you all are having a good week!

Gator is going to be just a wisp of air with all that walking! Fruit, remember a watched pot never boils!!!! Soon they will tell you to kick those feet up, relax and watch the belly grow with your babies!!!

Sabrina

fruitloupe 06-02-2004 09:10 PM

Hey Kids!

It feels so good to be back on the board! I missed y’all so much! Today was pretty busy. First thing (4:45 am) I had to bring my parents to the airport in New Orleans. They are going to visit my step-sister in California for a week. Then I met with friends for lunch and we then headed to a workshop to learn how to read our new Science manuals. I guess they think that we don’t know how to figure out how to work our books! It was a good day over all. Tomorrow I head to the grocery in the morning to get food for the weekend. We are going to our camp at the beach - which should be fun and relaxing. I’m not bringing a lot of junk because I’ll sit around and graze all weekend. I’m going to try to be good. I really want to start full force next week. Now that I’m off I can spend more time focusing on my eating. Last summer I ate out every day for lunch – I’m NOT doing that this summer. I’m planning on losing this summer – not gaining!

Well…let me catch up!!

SEF: You know…my sister Mary is a PT. She spends her days making people like you hurt! HA! Everyone loves her though – she’s really good at what she does. Hope you start to feel better soon!

TEENSY: Way to go with your walking! I’m so proud of you! I need to do the same thing…get my butt out there now that I have time. My yard is horrid right now too. I didn’t plant anything this year because I was planning on being pregnant and on bedrest and I wouldn’t have been able to take care of them. I guess I should have planted….since the other plan isn’t working out! I can’t believe that your son is riding again! I’m glad he is doing better though. Hopefully he doesn’t have any more accidents!!!

MONET: Glad you got your AC fixed. I would just die if I had no AC right now! It’s so hot and humid. As for your knees hurting…..are you doing a step activity between each machine? If so that could be a problem for your knees. Those machines are quite easy on the joints but hopping up and down on a step can cause some damage if you aren’t careful. When I went to Shapes to Shapes (which is just like Curves) I wouldn’t do every step because my knees would hurt more because I’m so overweight. I would do every other step and instead of stepping I would do some other type of stretching exercise or march in place to keep my heart rate up. Just a thought…….

JACK-K: Have you been sick a lot lately? How are your treatments going? Has Ashley been on the board?

PANCHO: I think that the 50% off deal is great! What a neat idea for that store to do that – it will encourage the children to read!!! I love it!

WOOD: Great to see you! Yeah…this sure is a struggle…..when and if I ever have kids they better NEVER say I don’t love them!! HA! I hope all goes well for your friends IVF is very expensive and not guaranteed. I’m spending enough on my end right now…..I couldn’t afford to do IVF.
COUNTRY: Thanks for the prayers…I really need them right now. I’ve been so down and I feel so helpless. Don’t fret about the pounds…they will come off!

Well, looks like I’ve caught up. What’s been going on with TRISH, YELLOW, MELF, JACKIEO and DEB? Are they still posting? I know DEB has been busy but I was wondering about my other pals….any word on them? Update me please!!!

Ok – I may not be back until Sunday – I’ll try to be good!!! Take care!

Missy
296/293.5/170

fruitloupe 06-02-2004 09:15 PM

TRANQUIL: HEY!!! I was posting at the same time as you!! I'm sure the people will love the inside of your house and it will be sold in no time! I sure hope you are right - I can't wait to be sitting with my feet up!! Take care & I look forward to catching up with you! Tell Wendy Hi for me!!

Missy