Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Looking back on the last week, how many days can you claim were cheat free for you?
0 3 13.64%
1 2 9.09%
2 0 0%
3 1 4.55%
4 6 27.27%
5 2 9.09%
6 2 9.09%
7 4 18.18%
Just starting today 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 11:50 PM   #46  

Default Still trying to get into this.....

and I must say, reading all of your posts is helping. So many of us have things in common, diabetes, water issues, gaining back all you lost and having to start over. I think posting menu's is a good idea. Though I know I'm eating too much, putting it in writing in front of you all will certainly make me more accountable. I didn't get my exercise in today. Slept to late this morning
and got home late and had to start dinner. But here goes....

BF 2sl sgww toast w/nat pb
dannon lt & fit yogurt
3lg coffees with non dairy creamer ....I know too much but
I gave up :smoking last yr and it's
too hard to give up right now.

Lunch Rst beast wrap w/horseradish dressing
roasted peppers

snack cr cheese on sgww w/rasp fruit spread(no sug added)

home from work: 6 ww pretzels

dinner chicken leg/thigh peas & carrots 2tbsp stuffing>another

snack 12 almonds

ok this was extremely honest and embarrassing but hey, I drank 72oz
of water. But look at what I ate no wonder I'm a
Well I certainly don't want to report such a bad menu tomorrow. Maybe this will help, I hope.

Be back tomorrow with hopefully on OP menu.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:49 AM   #47  

I thought I would have time to post to everyone, but alas....it is very late, and I am tired. I spent all day in town with my cousin that is planning on getting married. I am doing her wedding invitations. And I got my hair cut again. Actually just trimmed. Hope to be able to post more tomorrow after I print some of her invitations.
Sweet dreams all!
Old 03-24-2004, 07:43 AM   #48  

Here is my menu from yesterday:
(keep in mind, I do more of an Atkins right now..)
B. 3 eggs scrambled with cheese, 3 bacon, coffee with cream
L. Designer Whey protein with milk
S. topping off one piece of pizza
D. Tom Yum soup, Rama curry with chicken, 1/2 c. basmati rice, Thai tea (a -it was sweet!)

Water: 100 oz.
Exercise: no

Today is my Curves day...so I will get my exercise in.

DONNAD: Can I make a few comments? I think you know you had too many starchy carbs in your menu. Maybe you could snack on raw veggies? Keep them cut in water in the fridge for a handy snack.... Also, are you sure the non dairy creamer is ok? I mean, all the ones I have ever looked at were loaded with sugar. Couldn't you just use half and half? The sugar in that creamer may be stimulating cravings and that is why you are having trouble staying on program.

GATOR: Not sure if you have tried this, but take one of your Thyrolar prescriptions to Publix, and ask them if they can check with other stores and find you some. If they put it out on their network, and they have HUNDREDS of stores, I bet they can find you some somewhere! Too bad my pharmacist friend is not working for Publix anymore. She would have found you some..... I hope this dietician has something NEW for you....I am not so sure about them!

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 03-24-2004, 07:47 AM   #49  

Talking

Goodmornng and happy WIW!!

Its not happy for me im still up a couple of pounds from all my eating off plan this past week.But thats ok, im OP now and exercising and next week watch out!!!

hey fruit, who do you think is the best on AI? Im going for the Georgia girl!!!!

Gotta get kids to school, then ill figure out what to eat for breakfast. Stay strong today all my SB friends!!!!Today is just one day, we can do this. We are stronger than any chocolate bar out there!!!

Valerie
Old 03-24-2004, 08:02 AM   #50  
Bustin' Buddy

Good Morning!

Down again today! woohoo! I go to the doctor today for my shot injection training. I know that I'm going to have lunch "out" so I'll try my best to be good!

VMOORE: The Georgia girl is definitely one of my favs. I also like LaToya and the Hawaiian girl that wears the flower. As for the guys...I'm rooting for George since he is from my area and I think he has a good voice and a great personality. My husband can't stand him! HA! I thought the girl with the pink hair did a much better job last night than in the past. So, as for who I think will get the boot tonight....here are my bottom 3......

Jennifer, John Peter Lewis, or the other Hawaiian girl - can't remember her name! Those are the ones I thouht were the worst last night. What about you?

OK - let me get dressed for work!!!

Missy
293/287.5/170
Old 03-24-2004, 08:08 AM   #51  

Default Good morning and WIW

Well, I have to admit that reading all the posts has definitely given my a nudge in the right direction. At least I wasn't the only one going thru a funk right now
I walked 2 miles on the treadmill last night after finally finishing up the family room rearranging. DH, after buying his new car on Sat, decided to get some of those home theater chairs for the family room. So I had to completely rearrange everything in that room, plus take 2 chairs to Good Will to make room for them. I have to admit that these chairs are a lot more comfortable than the futon. And thank god I had the kids to help push all this stuff around and sort thru the junk.
I also managed to make it to the grocery store last night and get lots of OP stuff for me. So my lunch sack has lots of good food in it so I'm not tempted by anything sweet that someone brings in.
WIW was better than last week, 216.5, down 2.5 from last week, but still up 1.5 from 3 weeks ago. I'm not sure why this crazy roller coaster, unless it's a salt/water thing. I'm rededicating myself. It's been almost 11 months on this WOE and I feel pretty successful, but really *need* to be below 200 sometime this summer.
breakfast this morning: egg, bacon cheese on WW toast
packed in my lunch sack: unsweetened apple sauce, sugar free jello, orange, carb control yogurt.
supper: BLT on ww toast
and I'm going to go to the gym after work today too.
I have to get going, so can't get to replies right now. But I'm hoping that everyone tries to get into a better place mentally, and that WIW is successful.

Barbara
270/216.5/135
Old 03-24-2004, 08:23 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies.

I weighed but I think I am the same. Can't tell with all the weigh-ins at the Dr's, can't remember what is what.

Only got a shor twalk in last night. We headed out and it was cooler than we thought. DH was afraid I would get a cold (can't catch one from the weather but no telling him that),so we cut it short. I was really tired anyway.

2 days totally legal. Today. a co-worker brought in a box of those powedered sugar do-nuts. I may have to kill her. I will prevail though.

BF: 1/2 c oatmeal, 1/2 slice ww bread w/butter. 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 c grapefruit juice.

Lunch is 2 ff hot dogs with cheese, cauliflower, and dip and an applie or orange.

Dinner is a sausage quiche (no crust) and a salad.

I fee so in control when I have planned all my meals for the week.

Monet, I like your suggestion. But we can't seem to post on the exercise board, so I'm not sure we would post on another thread. How about just posting it here?

Beth have a great trip and stay OP. But I know you will.

Pancho, well what is the results of the test? I bet you didn't do too bad. I am trying to work full time. Still working around Dr. appts.

Gator, keep us posted on the nutritionist. I think that stuff is so interesting.

VMoore, congrats on another OP day!

Missy, Some people are just idiots. Kids don't know better, but parents should or just plain keep their mouth shut. Good luck with the shot training. don't know if I could do that. But then I guess you do what you have to. Go for the salad at lunch. You go girl on the loss.

Donna, I thinkyou are eating too many starchy carbs. Try to keep it between 2-3 a day. You also need some fruit. You may want to replace some cheese with fruit or raw veggies. Just my opinion.

woodfrogs, Hang in there. You wills ee that 200 mark soon. I know it was a tremendous motivator for me to get under it once and for all.

Need to get buy here. Have a great OP day.

Jackie
Old 03-24-2004, 08:48 AM   #53  

Talking

Checking back in while i eat my breakfast...2 egg omelet with bacon, tomatoes, cheese and ham.

Fruit im with ya all the way on the bottom three. Of course i thought john was gone last week. I like him but he is no american idol. The poor kid should of been born in the 50's.
Also, i know ALL about the "are you pregnant" crap. Oh it pisses me off. I am very disportionat. I have skinny legs and arms and a huge belly and hips, so im mistook for pregnant more often than not. Im sorry, but unless a woman is wearing a baby on board shirt, keep your mouth shut. GRRRRRRRRR
Ok, I gotta get busy on a disasterous house. bye for now

Valerie
Old 03-24-2004, 09:43 AM   #54  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Quickie WIW Post before heading out on Vacation... I'm down 3 more to 197!!!!!!!!

Have a great end of week everyone!!
Old 03-24-2004, 10:21 AM   #55  

Good Day:

I got to the gym this morning, and got a great workout in. This will be the last day at the gym until Monday though. I have to be good with eating the rest of the week. I have to decorate Britt's cake tomorrow night; that s/b fun. I made her a cake last year, and didn't even lick my fingers or have a slice of it, so I know I can do it again.

I found some lowcarb wraps at Sprouts the other day. They are quite the rip-off; they are right beside all the other wraps (that have 8-12 per package). This package only has 5 wraps in it, and cost the same as the others. I like them though, because your food stays in them and they don't fall apart like tortillas and pitas. I guess I have to remember that eating junk is cheap! You can get a lot of junkfood for little money. Sometimes you have to pay a little more for the good stuff.

So far today, I have had:

BF: 1/2 Trioplex bar (on way to gym)
Snack: Blue Bunny yogurt with flax meal & gram's granola
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Will be a turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomato, ranch wrap
Unsure of other snacks right now
Dinner: Will be hamburger patties cooked with onion and bell pepper & salad

I have already had over 32 oz of water, and it's only 8:a.m. here.

Britt is off school tomorrow & Friday for conferences. She has a doctor's appt. at 8 a.m. tomorrow and then I have another appt. with my dermatologist at 11:a.m., to try to figure out what this rash is on my face around my nose; maybe rosacea???

Beth: Congrats on the 3#'s; you broke that 200# mark....that is so fantastic!!!

Gator: I hope this new eating plan works for you; you are so dedicated, and it will be nice to have someone help you get to where you need to be.

Fruit: I can't believe anyone would say such a thing, but take it as some crazy premonition (sp?) or something! In a few months, it could be true.

Donna: Your menu looks pretty good. You may want to have just one slice of toast for BF, and some fruit. Your starchy carbs are a little high, and you may see more results if you cut back to 2, possilby 3 per day. I find when I start to eat too many, I start to gain. Being accountable is a big part of being successful. I was journaling everything I ate when I started this, and it really made me sit back and look at how much of the wrong things I was eating. Keep up the great work.

Wood: Way to plan on the grocery shopping; that is so important. Keep up the great work with the exercise!

Jack-K: I totally agree with you. When I have the week's meals planned out (which isn't often enough), I do so much better staying on plan. I got a B on my test, which shocked me. I guess everyone did so poorly that the instructor is letting everyone take it home and make the corrections and bring it back. If you do that, she will raise your letter grade by 1 point, so I will end up getting an A out of it. We have to journal our food for three days and enter it onto a site to see how bad/good we are eating. I have to turn that in next week, with a two page paper explaining my eating habits. When will I find the time with Britt's party coming up on Sat??? Try not to work too hard!

Vmoore: Congrats on staying OP...you are doing great!!!!

Monet: I have to say that I agree with Jack on the food menu board. I don't get to the exercise board like I should. I usually jump on here, and not stray too far. I think we should take one day a week and post what we eat for that day....maybe a Monday? Or, just as we feel like we want to. It gives everyone some great snack/meal ideas. When do you see the doc again to see if the Atkins eating is paying off? How is Ruth doing?

Well, I better get a move on. I've been up since 4 a.m, so it feels like it s/b afternoon soon.

Have a great OP Day!!

Take care,
Nat
Old 03-24-2004, 12:19 PM   #56  
Goddess

Hello all!

Despite the fact that it's Lent, I'm struggling to stay OP. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact I haven't been with you as much as I'd like to. I'm like Monet's suggestion of focusing more on SB issues. Because of my work schedule, I don't have time to do all the personal posts--as much as I enjoy them.

This week has been bad for me so I'm trying to get myself back on track today. So far a green banana and 6 oz of SF NF yogurt. I'm going out for lunch and will try to do a salad or sandwich on some sort of whole grain or sour dough bread. I have some leftover penne a'la vodka in the fridge and will have that and a salad for supper (the pasta is 100% durum semolina). I have cashews and fruit for a snack if I need it. Hopefully that will get me through today.

AND while I was doing this message, I called to set up an appointment at my gym to get on a new weight program--so see you are helping already!!!!!

I will try to check in more regularly and hoopefully we can keep motivating each other!

Susan
Old 03-24-2004, 12:32 PM   #57  
Sonya

Hi everyone,
I am starting all over again after being bad for 6 months. I started 2 weeks ago and got train wrecked by fried catfish. Am now trying to start again. I have missed you all. I am really having a hard time getting back on track this time. But I need to because I am feeling bad packing around all this extra weight again. I know I can do it because I did it before. I went from 265 to 203 in a yrs time. I will do it again. And do it for myself. Hi Debbie I have missed getting to read your posts we have been without a computer for 6 months now we have a new one, feel free to chew me out anytime...lol. Hi everyone and have a great day.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:37 PM   #58  
Atkineer gone SugarBuster

Hi Everyone! I'm new to this forum/thread but not new to the online world of bulletin boards. I'm just gonna jump right in here!!

Atkins Loss: 262/200(my lowest)
Start Weight (SB!): 205.5
Current Weight (WI: 3/23/04): 203.5
Goal Weight: 162

This is my menu for 3/24/04 (a little over a week in from my SB! switch from Atkins):

coffee w/ half -n- half

B: 1/2 cup OJ
oatmeal w/ sliced apple

snack: strawberries and kiwi w/ splenda sprinkled on top

L: natural pb&j (on 100% WWSG bread w/ SF jelly) & melon chunks

snack: pork rinds w/ sour cream

D: strip steak and "Just Like Stuffed Potato" (cauliflower/cheesy bake) and green beans

water: working on a gallon
exercise: on hold for a couple days

Last edited by Mishi; 03-25-2004 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:25 PM   #59  

What's up my peeps? Not too much to report other than I have been sick and missed work Monday and yesterday, hence not being able to get on the boards. I miss you all and hope you are doing well. I think I just have a bad cold with a sinus headache. I haven't gotten sick with a cold since January 2003. I was bragging at the gym to my trainer about this very same issue and how I attribute it to a low sugar diet and plenty exercise. Well Guess What happens when you brag? I started sneezing on my way out of the gym. Not even able to do my man push ups folks!!!HAHA. Anyway, here's today's menu

B: Carbrite breakfast bar
S: cashews
L: Small Asiago Caesar salad
D: To be announced (hopefully my MEME cooked!)

Have a great day everyone!!!!---Ashley
Old 03-24-2004, 03:43 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Just a quick check in. It is a pretty day here, around 70. Hope to get my walk in tonight for sure.

Beth, You go girl! you are under the 200 mark. It's all down hill from here.

Nat, journaling your food for 3 days should be easy for you. I bet you have the best eating habits of the whole class.

Fillise, I am sure the gym will really help you. Drop in when you can.

Thunderwoman, Welcome back. You know SB works so you can do it again. Hang in there and keep coming back here.

Mishi, Weclome to our board. You will gets lots of support and help here. SB is much easier than Atkins. I amsure you will do well. Just how is that "just like stuffed potatoe"?

Ashley, sorry to hear you have been feeling poorly. Hope you are better soon and get that darn puter fixed.

I probably won't be on tomorrow. My youngest DD witnessed a guy beating up his wife/girlfriend across the street from a bar she was at one night. She has to go to court tomorrow morning and testify as the wife is backing out now. I will go with her. Then I have my firt chemo treatment at 1:30. So I probably won't work at all. See you all Friday (I hope!).

Have a great evening and OP day tomorrow too.

Jackie
Closed Thread