Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: With the Holiday Season here, what are your predictions on the scale come New Years
I think I will stay the same as I am now. 2 8.33%
I suspect I will be up 1-2lbs from where I am now. 2 8.33%
I speculate I will be up 3-4lbs from where I am now 3 12.50%
I worry I will be up 5lbs or more from where I am now. 0 0%
I believe I will have lost 1-2lbs from where I am now. 0 0%
I hope I will have lost 3-4lbs from where I am now. 8 33.33%
I expect I will have lost 5-10lbs from where I am now. 6 25.00%
I trust I will have lost more than 10lbs from where I am now. 3 12.50%
I think you better come looking for me after New Years! 0 0%
Other (care to explain ?) 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 07:57 PM   #106  

Default Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone -

My name is Sue and I'm new to this board. I have been checking it out for the last week or so and I want to let you all know that I am very impressed with the support and guidance that you share with one another. I did SB several years ago and lost about 15 pounds. I didn't have a lot to lose then, nor do I now, but I'm only just shy of 5 ft, so any extra weight shows tremendously.

I went to the doctor last week for a regular checkup and despite my walking 2 1/2 miles every day, my weight had gone up - by about 7 pounds. I knew that I was eating uncontrollably , but thought that with all of the walking I was doing, it would all pan out. Obviously, I was wrong. So, here I am - back in the saddle again! I have been doing the SB diet for only 3 days now, but can already feel a difference. My doctor actually suggested only exercising every other day and doing different forms of exercise so that my body didn't build up a tolerance to the same old thing.

In any event, I just wanted to say hi and let you all know that I admire your friendship, courage and support.

If I should mess up posting or replying, please forgive me - I am very new to communicating on message boards.

Thanks -
SuzyB

P.S. - does any know if there is any kind of tortilla chip that is "legal"? Thanks again
Old 11-12-2003, 08:05 PM   #107  

Talking OH My GOODNESS!!

BOB YOU IS TOO MUCH!!! THE LAST PART BOUT KITTIES JUST FLOORED ME!! WHEW!!
Old 11-12-2003, 08:07 PM   #108  

Bob, I have got to send that to my mom and brother...lol
Old 11-12-2003, 10:19 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

music teach
Welcome back! Sorry about the weight gain! At least you know it's possible to lose it all again!

chrisd
I'm up 5 pounds too!! Not real thrilled. Wonder if it has anything to do with that week on South Beach?

jecrites
I made the cauliflower mashed tatoes last night and loved them! That's defiantly going to be on my thanksgiving table this year!
I cracked from your comment "I used to be the type of person that cared about what other people thought of me, but now that I've been married for 11 years and have 3 kids, I could care less"
LOL!! I think we just get worn out and don't want to waste energy worrying about what other people think!

Thanks for the link BOB! Saved it to check out later.

Kitty
Monet is right about the weight loss being different for all. Depends on how much you need to lose, how active you are, lots of factors. I was totally perfect the first three months. I've been on SB for 16 months and have lost a total of 35 pounds.
I've been stalled for about 3 months because I've been slacking!

Toni
Yahoo on the 2 pounds!!

Deb is Lauren going to continue on with SBD? Does she realize that phase 2 is Sugar Busters? Congrats on the pound!

fatboydrew
Something must have changed! 12 pounds is a lot to lose then gain right back.
Are you drinking lots of water? You need to eat a balanced amount of foods. You need to eat 3 meals a day. Not eating causes starvation mode!

Quilter
Hope things turn out ok with your dad.

Suzy & Jenn28 welcome to the board!

Welcome to the board!
Old 11-12-2003, 10:30 PM   #110  

Went to small group, and guess what space cadet Monet did? She forgot to take the box with the cake in it! I was SO mad at myself!

Thankfully, I work tomorrow so I will not be around to have to avoid it!

DREW: Try upping your water intake and see what happens. Are you eating any fruit? You ought to add a piece or two since it is very vitamin rich. Are Wheaties whole grain, with less than 3 grams of sugar per serving? I usually have shredded wheat when I eat cold cereal. You might want to have some other kinds of veggies, rather than just salad. Steamed broccoli, or green beans. Fill up on the veggies. You might want to figure out the amounts you are eating, and the caloric intake of what you eat. You may not be eating enough. Men need a lot more calories than women, and if you eat too few, your metabolism will slow down. Keep tabs on it all, write down what you are eating, and how much water you are drinking, and lets see what happens. We will get it figured out! Don't worry!

Ok, time for bed! I have to work in the morning!
Old 11-13-2003, 01:26 AM   #111  
sef

HiedieHo All!

A frustrating day! How cold I lose five months of my HFH files? Something came up and I needed the last three months of minutes. Opened the file, they are all there from the day I became secretary but end with April. I know I did they because I have the hard copies. I checked recycle bin. Not there. I always email them out to members, our president had a couple and says he knows he has the others somewhere. I copy/paste the ones he sent into my file.

Did go to swim this morning. The Club is sponsoring a HFH house and a fundraiser was a stationary bike competition. They brought the bikes outside and had four teams competing. Let me tell you those bikers worked! They raised enough money to complete a bedroom. Of course, we couldn't hear our instructor over their miked leader and music. We did some of our exercises to their music. Some people complained, but heck it was all for a good cause and not like they are outside every day.

Also went to choir tonight. After swim this morning I went to church office to make some copies, they have a new copier now and I was so used to the old one. Also went to Hobby Lobby for some yarn and then Wal*Mart for a couple of jewelry armoires for Christmas presents.

MONET: Your chicken dinner sounded scrumptious! Did you avoid the cakes? I think I overdid some pretzels today.

JACKK: Spinach and strawberries? With mayo? Um.....I don't know, sounds a little strange to me. Yet you said it was good. Is it the type of salad there's a recipe for?

DEB: Hate sleepless nights! I'd rather go to bed late, sleep 4-5 hours, then go to bed wake up at 2 or 3 and all you can do is toss and turn. That is very tiring. I'd like the angel food recipe if you can find it. Hey! Remember I'm a transplant and am still learning the LA language myself. We'll let Fruit and Mary teach us both. I can give you mountain country.

DREW: Don't like Fatboy! You lose a lot of water weight at first on almost any woe. Then you sort of mellow out. It may sound odd, but you have to drink lots of water, at least the mandatory 8 glasses. Or more!!! It helps to flush your system (no pun intended). Be sure you know where bathrooms are in your travels! 2-3 cups of cereal is a lot in MHO.

MOM: What are they using for psoraisis these days. My husband had it very bad when we were first married and it got to the point where he had about 90% body coverage. In 1966 he was in a special study using Methotrexate. At that time doctors had noted that cancer patients who also had psoraisis and were treated with the Methotrexate saw an improvement in the skin disorder. He was hospitalized for 4 months while in the special study. The RN cold not give him the pills had to be a doctor who administered them. It was really a very precise study. When he was on the Metho his skin cleared up, it was miraculous. He had been through all the tar ointments, baths, ultraviolet lamps. The only thing that worked was the Metho. I think now it is a standard treatment.

QUILT: Prayers are with you.

PANCHO: Yes! Highlights! Think of all the money others spend to get them. I can't read while riding in a car, but I can crochet. I think because you have less eye movement, whereas when I crochet I can move my head and eyes more often. I'm sure your husband WAS glad. If all problems could be helped so easily. Glad you arrived safe and sound and are settling in.

BOB: You know where those jokes will be told!

On the holiday where to spend it issue, my DH and I said the kids needed to make their own traditions. So it became the norm that people came to our house. We were the only ones with babies and I did not relish lugging all the paraphernalia from house to house. Mohammed wasn't going to the mountain! So they all had to decide if they were coming to Mohammed.

I've spent entirely too much time at this machine today, although it wasn't all for pleasure as this is.

IN THE BEGINNING _

In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and populated the Earth with broccoli and cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow and red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives._

Then using God's great gifts, Satan created Ben and Jerry's and Krispy Creme Donuts. And Satan said, "You want chocolate with that?" And Man said_ "Yea," and woman said, "And another one with sprinkles." And they gained 10 pounds._

And God created the healthful yogurt that woman might keep the figure that man found so fair.

And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat, a sugar from the cane, and combined them.

And woman went from size 2 to size 6,_So God said, "Try my fresh green salad."

And Satan presented Thousand-Island Dressing and garlic toast on the side. And man and woman unfastened their belts following the repast._

God then said, "I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them."

And Satan brought forth deep fried fish and chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter. And man gained more weight and his cholesterol went through the roof._

God then brought running shoes so that his children might lose those extra pounds.

And Satan gave cable TV with a remote control so Man would not have to toil changing the channels. And man and woman laughed and cried before the flickering light and gained pounds._

Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition. And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fried them. And man gained pounds._

God then gave lean beef so that man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite.

And Satan created McDonald's and it's 99-cent double cheeseburger. Then said, "You want fries with that?" And man replied,"Yea! And super size 'em." And Satan said "It is good." And man went into cardiac arrest._God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery._

And Satan created HMOs.

Take care, Shirley
Old 11-13-2003, 02:31 AM   #112  

Default good news

Finally got my wife on diet with me and she lpst 6 pounds 1st week. A lot easier when both on diet.

I lost 3 pounds and down to 212 and have not been there in 12 years. shooting for 190 by Jan. my final goal will be 185.

hope all is going well with everyone and to keep America strong, lets keep Christ in Christmas and Thanksgiving/

Super Dave
Old 11-13-2003, 05:28 AM   #113  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Thursday Morning

Well, it's 4:24am as I start this post, needless to say, it's one of those nights/mornings I've been lying in bed for a good hour, trying to fall back asleep to no avail So, here I am.

Just going to jump in to the replies to the posts...

JEC, I'm sure you'll be hitting those 180's soon! I have to say, I too love good hot cornbread, but I don't like it if it's dry. The HFS store here has the best Ive ever had, it's almost like a cake. I've never made it from scratch but hope to one day. Jiffy Mix is the closest to cornbread I've ever made. How can DD forget if the teacher is actually asking for it and collecting it? Do you see that she's actually done the homework? Hope you get the new phone soon so we can chat! Do you have a plan that has free nights and weekends-if so, you can call me if you can.

MOM, CONGRATS on your 1lb loss this week, awesome Cool beans about the pants - before long, those will be big on you too. I can soooo relate about the pants and being petite. I laugh when I hold up a pair of so-called "petite size pants" they are always too long. I wish they'd make pants in lengths like they do mens, it would save a lot of trouble. I won't buy ANYTHING that needs to be altered - as well as dry clean only usually.

QUILTER, so sorry to hear about your DD! I hope everything is okay. Please know you are in our thoughts, along with your family. Please let us know when you return how he's doing, and how you're doing. {{{{HUGS}}}}

PANCHO, I hope you don't beat yourself up if you should go above your goal to stay below 125, my goal was the same. I don't know how long you've had a true weight problem, but for me, it's been my entire life - have baby pictures to prove it This is a life long struggle that I will never have to stop fighting and even though I went above my weight I never intended to see again, I know that even though I did, I'll get back down to the weight I was comfortable at. You sound so much like me with the scale, I do think you should try to stay off, try every other day, then 3 days, etc. Me trying to stay off the scale was harder than losing the weight it seemed sometimes-wasn't easy for me to do. Don't drive yourself crazy with it. Never heard of that magazine - you'll have to pass on any good articles you read.

FILLISE, hope your evening went well. Thanks for telling me about the oysters. Can one used canned or do they have to be bought fresh at the store?

ROSE, glad to hear you made it home safe and sound, and didn't drive RAY crazy in the interm So, what are you knitting? Haven't heard from FRUIT, but that's not unusual. Will call her soon.

WOOD, CONGRATS on your loss - doesn't matter how big, a loss of any size is worth celebrating. Where are you going for the holidays?

KEN, you'll have to tell me where the other market you go to is for future reference, I love Intl. Markets. There's a place in Vegas we found quite by accident that was unbelievable. They had foods from all different countries and it was warehouse style. I had a field day in there! That's cheap for agave on the web, but hopefully, you can find it locally, shipping can be a killer sometimes, so watch that as well as the price. I'm sure I have a SP souffle recipe somewhere. E-mail me and remind me to look for you, otherwise I'll forget [email protected]

JENN, Glad you've decided to come over and join us. Gosh, I haven't visited the ST board in about a year! I can sooo relate to your dilemma of gaining back the weight we worked so hard to get off, I've done the same. Gained about the same amount you did before I caugh myself before I did any further damage. I'm the kind of person once I've done a diet, if I screw up, I gave up and would never try it again. With SB, it's been hard to reclaim the same commitment I had when I first started, but it can be done and I'm doing it right now. I've found, when you do gain the weight back, it is harder to get it off and it does take longer. Unfortunately, I don't seem to remember this as I down a half-gallon of ice cream, but I'm trying. I use to walk 5-6 days a week, but I've been so lax since I broke my toe in July. I'm hoping to get back in to it soon though. You can do it, you know what works and what doesn't, you just have to want it bad enough, more so than anything off plan, you have to decide if it's worth eating xxx or losing the weight. I've given my promise to the board I wasn't going to cheat until we have our SB GET TOGETHER in February, and even then, I won't pig out, just share some interesting Louisiana delicacies!!!

COUNTRY, glad to see you checking in!!!

HEART, don't worry about the slight increase, it will come down, you know it will

JACKK, sick of ELI by the end of the day - heck, depending on what he's driving me batty about, it could be done in a single hour He has a bunch of work stuff to do today so we won't be doing anything worthwhile today. That's so sweet what you said to JENN about the board, and me Gosh, I can't remember the board when you weren't here - really, I lured you in - I can't remember, but I'm glad I did

ROSALIE, so I take it, a trip to FL means coming down to Miami is out of the question in Feb. to join us in LA? Wish I could come up there and see you again but I can't this year Is Bonita Springs near BOB? Hey, you know, you're always welcome to come visit Miami - I can put you all up, so think about it!

BOB, pinch him, kick him, I'll just blame it all on you. What the heck is going on with all these computer problems at work? I'm going to make a SP Pie for TG instead of pumpkin, or maybe both, but then, I'll eat both, so maybe one.

DREW, will be in touch via e-mail later. From what you posted, I see a lot of fat in the foods you are eating. It looks to me more like Atkins with a couple starchy carbs thrown in. I don't see any fiber, or calcium. Would love to see a true full days menu with quantities and foods you've eaten, this could help with finding out the problem you're having.

AGAPE, I think that Oprah is on today, or at least down here it is. I plan on watching it myself, it seems she has boobs like mine!

SUZY, Glad you've decided to join our friendly group. It's so nice when others acknowledge that they see a difference in our group over others they've seen. We definitely are a unique bunch, even SUZANNE of the 3FC'S fame says we are the best group on the board (don't tell the rest of the site that though). The friendships that have been made through this board is just one of the many reasons that make it so special. For me, having met 2 dozen past and present members makes it even more special (and looking forward to meeting new members and seeing old ones in February!!!). I know there are tortillas that are legal that you can make your own chips with, though I don't know what's available in your area. I see you are in MA - are you close to a TJ'S (and when I mean close, if you are within a 4 hour drive, to me, that's close because I'd drive to one if it was that close to me!!!) Otherwise, I do have a recipe posted on the board if you'd like to try making your own.

CHERYL, yes, LAUREN is doing P2 now of SOBE. I told her it's like SB but I think that's all she wants to hear about SB for now, she wants to do it her way, the SOBE way, and doesn't want to hear they're one of the same. As long as she does something, that's what's important. I keep telling her about the water though and she's not listening

MONET, getting a tad forgetful, are we? To forget a cake - the only way that would ever happen with me is if I wanted to eat that cake all myself!!!! LOL!!!! I'm afraid to even make LAUREN my cheesecake! Me, cake=danger (unless it's chocolate). See recipe below for the cake, under SEF.

SEF, okay, deal, you can teach me about being a country bumpkin and the real LA gals can teach me all about the NO WOL! I made a mistake, the cake I made is a spong cake:

This is not only easy, but yummy!!!!

Whole Wheat Sponge Cake

6 eggs, separated
1 ts vanilla
1/2 c honey, warmed (use agave nectar in its place)
1 tb lemon juice
1 ts grated lemon rind
1 c SG whole wheat flour

Cut waxed paper to fit the bottom of a 9-inch tube pan. Butter the bottom of the pan; place waxed paper on the bottom, then butter the waxed paper. Do not grease the sides of the pan.

Place the egg whites and vanilla in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until they are very stiff. Continue beating, and add the honey (agave) in a very slow, thin stream. Beat until the mixture is stiff and forms peaks.

Combine the lemon juice and rind and egg yolks in a medium bowl. Then fold one-fourth of the egg whites thoroughly into the yolks, using a wire whisk to stir, not beat, the eggs. Pour this mixture over the remaining egg whites and sprinkle the flour on top. Gently fold all the ingredients together, taking care to incorporate all the flour, yet not lose too much air from the egg whites.

Pour or spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated 350 deg F oven for 20 to 30 minutes. When the cake is golden brown and springy to the touch, and the sides begin to pull away from the pan, invert the pan on a cooling rack immediately. Let cool for 10 minutes, then loosen the sides of the cake with a knife and remove the pan. Remove the waxed paper and set cake on rack until cool.

NOTES: I've had this 3 times now, and it is fabulous, at least it is to me! We used the agave nectar, (no need to heat it as you would if using honey) reduced the temp by 25 degrees and baked it the full 30 minutes. If you try to invert it, be careful, ours slipped right out (thank goodness I was there to catch it). On the 2nd try, I added some lemon extract in it. Though my Mother didn't think so, it does freeze well.

I figured out the nutrional values:

FOR ENTIRE CAKE: approx. 1205 calories, 29 grams of fat, 210 carbs, 55 protein & 8 fiber.

PORTIONS: if you made 10 out of this recipe, it would be 120 cal, 3 fat, 21 carbs and 5 1/2 protein-approx. OR by the ounce, each ounce would be approx. 65 calories, 1.5 fat, 11 carbs and 3 protein. PLEASE NOTE: I had originally made a mistake on the carbs per ounce and it has now been updated to reflect the correct amount

BUT...I also have a sponge cake recipe I posted years ago but never tried, so here's a copy of that one...

Cocoa Angel Food Cake

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups egg whites (about 12 egg whites)
3/4 cup sifted whole-wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or carob
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup honey (use AGAVE NECTAR)
Fresh fruit (such as strawberries, raspberries,
blueberries or peaches) OPTIONAL

Place the egg whites in a 5- or 6-quart bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, sift the flour and cocoa powder together 4 times; set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites on high speed until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and vanilla. Then beat on medium speed until the egg whites form soft peaks. Add the honey, 1 tablespoon at a time, and continue beating on medium speed until the egg whites form stiff peaks but are not dry.

Sift 1/4 of the flour mixture over the egg whites and fold in using a wire whisk or large spatula. Repeat sifting and folding in the flour 3 more times.

Spoon the batter into an ungreased 10" tube pan with a removable bottom. Use a thin knife to cut through the batter to remove any large air pockets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Invert the pan onto a wire rack and let cool for at least 1 1/2 hours. Then remove the cake from the pan. Slice and serve with the fresh fruit.

Chef's note: To differently flavor this cocoa cake, use 1 teaspoon of a flavor extract (such as almond, cherry, peppermint or orange) instead of the vanilla.

MY NOTES When using agave turn oven setting down by 25 degrees, and watch for doneness starting after 25 minutes. Haven't made this one yet, but it looks prettty darned good!

LMK if either of you two make either one of these!

DAVE, CONGRATS to you AND your wife!!! Awesome losses between you both!!!

Okay, so, it's 5:30am, almost time for me to get up anyhow, so will just do a little web surfing and reply to some of the e-mails that I have (there's loads of them piling up). Will check in later.

Oh, forgot to mention, MICHAEL'S comforter set arrived yesterday, in one day! It's awesome, perfect condition! Would you believe, the auction that ended later in the evening, for the same set, only difference is it wasn't missing the 1 sham, ended up closing at over $190!!!!!!

Have a good one!

{{{HUGS}}}

Deb
Old 11-13-2003, 05:31 AM   #114  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREEN RN!!!!

Old 11-13-2003, 07:44 AM   #115  

FYI, I just posted 2 SWEET POTATO SOUFFLE recipes I found on the web, they are on the SB RECIPE BOARDS for this quarter
Old 11-13-2003, 08:43 AM   #116  

OH MY GOSH!!! I've been reading posts for over thirty minutes. I'll never catch up. WELCOME new people. Stick in here you'll love all the support you get and that ladies and man are just great!!!! I can't believe this week has flown by. I'm not much to go allot. Because of my health problems I just don't feel like running around. I grocery shop every Friday and visit a friend once a week but pretty much am a boring, stay at home kind of person. Well for some reason my retired teacher friend has started me walking and doing more things. My gosh I'm a busy person.... LOL... Everyday theres something going on it seems like. Could this be a ploy from her??? I do feel allot better. And my weight is finally moving down. Yesterday we went and tried out a new little cafe. I ordered the grilled chicken salad even though homemade chicken and noodles with a yeast roll was the special. I was really proud of myself. I didn't get to walk cause it rained but did have a nice day out. Last night I made spraggetti with the last of my homemade sauce that was in the freezer. Sorry its all gone now... And of course theres no more home grown tomatoes and fresh herbs left to make anymore till next summer..

Congradulations to all who lost and stayed the same. May next week be better for everyone else. Happy Birthday GreenRN. I'm sorry I let myself get so behind. Hope everyone has a good day........
Old 11-13-2003, 09:02 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Thursday Morning

Hope everyone is fit as a fiddle today.

We got in our walk late last night. I don't know if I can count it as a walk, as the strong winds blew us home. As we were relaxing, it sounded like the windows would break. Actually, some siding blew off our chimmney. Did get all my exercises in be DH got home. He sat in traffic for 4 hours due to an overturned tractor/trailer. He was fit to be tied when he got home.

GreenRN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Hope it is a special day for you.

Rosalie, Glad you are back on here. Good thing you are back home to home cooked meals. Sounds like you jumped right back in that kitchen. My mom made the best salmon croquettes (sp) and I can't duplicate them. You made me want some. I wish I had to the time fool with Fitday. I would love to know how many calories I consume a day. But that program is very time consuming.

Bob, my dinner was good, so godd we had it again last night. I never eat the same thing 2 nights in a row. I didn't notice that Jennifer was from Ky. Thanks for pointing it out. Give that computer system some time and it will work out. Change is so hard at our age I need to move that age 80 success (not peeing in your pants) to age 50.

Drew, the 2 cups of Wheaties is probably too much. Other than it looks like a lot of fat in your menu, it looks ok. Add some fruit nad veggies in there. You might want to journal for a week or so and send it to Deb to analyze.

Pancho, glad you are getting much need rain. Are you playing outside in it?

Deb, when Michael is making all that money and taking care of dear old mom, you will be glad he was so ambitious and driven.

AGape, we had some gale winds last night too. I thought our windows would break. Hope you got some rest.

SuzyB, welcome to our board. Glad you decided to join in. It is a great group and you will get support and friendship here. I take 3 ww tortillas and mix olive oil, garlic and oregano and spread on them. Cut them into triangles and bake for 7-8 minutes. They work great as tortilla chips. I even take them to Mexican restaurants with me.

Cheryl, ok you all have won me over, I'm going to try the cauliflower as mashed potatoes. I love cauliflower anyway. Did you fix them just like you woulkd mashed potatoes?

Monet, was that a Fraudian (sp) slip?

Sef, the salad dressing is wonderful. My whole family likes it (that is saying a whole lot). It is 3 T of mayo, 3 packets of splenda, 2T of milk (I use skim), 1T white wine vinegar 1T poppy seeds. Mix and serve. You could use any lettuce, DH perfers spinach. Add some almonds to the salad and you are set. I even used a dab of purple onion. That is interesting about D taking the Methotreaxate for psoriasis. I take it for my RA. My friend's DD has them bad and she does tanning beds for it but she still has it. I will tell her to ask her Dr about the methro. Loved the Satan joke. I knew it was all his fault.

Dave, Congrats to you on your loss and to your wife. I thought she started out with you. Yes it is easier when you both do it. I didn't give DH a choice.

Deb, sorry you didn't sleep well again. Get some tylenol PM or something. You are right in letting Lauren do her own thing. She has to think it is her diet and her way. We just won't tell her it's SB. Glad she is doing so well. Wish my DDs would do something. You didn't lure me in by name, but I would always see your posts on ST and you would always invite people to take a look at this site. Glad I did. Off to copy the sp souffle recipe.

Toni, I so glad you are getting out more with your friend. Plus you are getting more exercise and the wt is going down. If it was a ploy, it is a nice one. Enjoy.

Need to get busy here. Have a great OP day.

Jackie
257/156/145
10-10-01
Old 11-13-2003, 09:09 AM   #118  

Question A question...

I was surfing on a website yesterday and found one of their "preferred" natural sweetener called, "Whey Low". Anyone know what it is and are you using it? According to the Whey Low website, the NATURAL sweetener sounds great but then again, I really don't know much about it. I tried to find more info about what it is on the website but they didn't not explain exactly what it is except that I know it is a kind of fructose from milk?? This is the website that also sell the cheapest Agave I have found so far for $3.29. Here is the link :

http://lowcarbdietchefs.safeshopper.com/4/cat4.htm?262

I clicked at the bottom on the page to go directly to the Whey Low website. That was where I read about it. Any insights will be appreciated. Thanks!

I will be back to catch up later! Good Thursday morning!!
Old 11-13-2003, 09:27 AM   #119  

Red face Eek...

I just went to the website and just realized the Agave is only "4oz" for $3.29. My mistake! There goes my cheaper find..lol.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:41 AM   #120  

Good Morning everyone,
It's a very windy day here in upstate NY. Feels like the house is going to blow over.
I started out the day with a headache, but it seems to have gone away now, I think it was a hunger/thirst headache. Although it could also be from the paint fumes at our house. We're having several rooms done this week and that latex paint smell gets a bit much sometimes. We would have done the painting ourselves, but we have cathedral ceilings with exposed beams(I think the last owners did that renovation) and it was just too overwhelming. I haven't really been able to use my kitchen(except for small stuff) all week. What a pain! Looking forward to the weekend and getting everything back in order.
The husband had a previous commitment last night, so I went to balrrom dance class by myself and got to dance with one of the instructors all night, great workout and I learned so much!
I also managed to get to the gym after my meeting yesterday and had a great workout.
I don't knit very much, but crochet like a fiend. I've found that I can crochet in the car, it helps to pass the time. I stopped in WalMart the other day and picked up some yarn that I thought had been discontinued(but they had 6 skeins), bought it all. I always wind up buying more than what's on my list when I go to WM.

debelli - we're heading out to Hawaii for 2 weeks over the holidays(with several in-law relatives). we're looking forward to it! I've never been and it sounds like such a paradise.

greenrn - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

For everyone else - have a great OP day!

Barbara
270/225/135
Closed Thread