Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: With the Holiday Season here, what are your predictions on the scale come New Years
I think I will stay the same as I am now. 2 8.33%
I suspect I will be up 1-2lbs from where I am now. 2 8.33%
I speculate I will be up 3-4lbs from where I am now 3 12.50%
I worry I will be up 5lbs or more from where I am now. 0 0%
I believe I will have lost 1-2lbs from where I am now. 0 0%
I hope I will have lost 3-4lbs from where I am now. 8 33.33%
I expect I will have lost 5-10lbs from where I am now. 6 25.00%
I trust I will have lost more than 10lbs from where I am now. 3 12.50%
I think you better come looking for me after New Years! 0 0%
Other (care to explain ?) 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 11:12 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

The scales are slowly inching their way upward over the last couple of months. You would think that would be motivation enough to watch my eating but I went "stupid" yesterday. No reason no excuses. Praise God today is a new day. I even had breakfast. Shocker I know. Half a pack of buddig turkey with a slice of fat free cheese melted in the microwave.

Robert shot an 8 point last night. So after I take B to work I will be cooking and grinding. So my afternoon will be full. If I get through early enough I need to exercise. It's been too long. I only worked out twice last week.

DEB...AOL is MEAN! I tried to write you back this morning. The program I use is Paint Shop Pro. It's awesome and worth every penny over the long haul.

Jack-K...I think the scales are out to get us! LOL I am like Pablobs (sp) dogs...you said cheese nips and my mouth started to water. And there are two boxes in the kitchen...agh.. But I have the power to ignore. Until the kids open them.

Susan....I sure wish there was a way to make cornbread stuffing legal...Last year I didn't make it because I didn't think my kids liked it but Britt let me know the other day she loves it. So it will be around to taunt me this year.

Jenn...sorry your day started out so poorly. That means the rest of the week is just gonna get better. ((Jenn))

Cherlco....I'm glad you are feeling better this morning. Two weeks is too long to suffer with headaches I would think. I can see a day or two.

Poncho...hey skinny! At 121 you are tiny. Look in that mirror and see all your hard work. I was actually productive this weekend also. Britts room took me 3 hours to clean! And that was not even doing the dressers. I am some slobby kids. Why couldn't they be a neat freak like their mom?

Monet...thanks for your motivation this morning. I AM gonna treat myself like I deserve. I hope you have a GREAT week also.

Well, Mom is on her way so I'd better get ready to start working on this deer.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

(Not telling.... )

Just teasing...I don't know this morning.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:52 AM   #17  

Morning, everybody.

Just have time for a quick pop-in to say hi and I'm still here. This is the busiest time of year for me at work, things are just nuts. And I'm trying to get ahead so that I can take off for Jordan's boot camp graduation. By the way, did you know that today is the Marine Corps birthday.

Dave - Happy Veteran's Day!!!!

Bob - Way to go, Vols! The Longhorns thank you cuz that really helped us in the standings (sorry GreenRN).

Everybody have a great day!

Trish
Old 11-10-2003, 12:12 PM   #18  

Good morning everyone...Hope you had a great weekend. Today is a new day. I havent really eaten anything that wasnt legal...Im just eating too much. The only thing I did eat off plan this weekend was Chinese food. i didnt have rice though, so thats a plus. i had beef with broccoli and 2 spare ribs...plus I had a little wonton soup. Like I said today is a new day right?? I am afraid to go back on the scale, so I probably wont until the weekend. Im afraid that its still going to say 5lbs up.

DEB - I never got around to making the tortillas....BUT I did get some pita and put that in the oven for chips...YUMMY!!!!!!! That hit the spot and took away my craving for chips and salsa.

CRYSTLE - So you are actually cutting up the whole deer yourself???

BOB & JACKIE - Soooooo, did you see the game??? UGH!

HEART - Your picture looks great...good for you!

Chris
Old 11-10-2003, 12:12 PM   #19  

Hello dear friends!

Just checking in to say that I'm alive and well. I've gotten the calls from Deb who is just about ready to send out the troups looking for me. Thanks Deb! You are such a sweetie!

So very sorry I haven't been on lately. Things have been pretty hectic around here. Work has kept me busy the past couple of months and then there's all these other projects I tackle. Not to even mention all the leaves and yard cleanup there is to do. This past weekend we helped pack up my parents to go live with my brother at his new house. It was a whirlwind as they didn't expect to be ready for a couple more weeks. Talk about working our butts off. DB ended up with an entirely empty truck leftover after his house was packed. So that's when the plans changed. It's a good thing, because Mom and Dad are so happy up there. I've talked with them twice on the phone and they seem really good. They are now farther away from us, but we don't mind the extra drive.

My eating hasn't been too great lately. I was doing really well for a while. But the past couple of weeks have shown me doing the snacking thing again. Scales were up this morning, so I'm back to the grindstone again. Determined NOT to gain anymore back.

I hope you all are well. I miss checking in to see what's new. Miss Maddie's hind legs continue to get weaker and weaker. We will start her on steroids this week to see if that gives her any more strength. The vet says she's losing muscle mass back there. My heart aches because she's absolutely healthy in every other way. We're seriously thinking about getting her a cart for the back end. Some people give us really good reports about how that worked with their dogs.

Take care you all. I hope to be able to get on a little more regularly now.
Kim
Old 11-10-2003, 12:22 PM   #20  

Hey! It's going good so far!

Deb-The crackers are Keebler Wheatables Seven Grain - not harvest bakery like I mentioned.
Now I know what the SGWW means! Stone Ground!?!? Unfortunately, the first ingredient is enriched flour. Stone-ground whole wheat flour is listed later in the ingredients. So this is a ? I never eat 17 of them. What other crackers are legal? These just taste so good!

Better get back to work...Check in tonight.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:37 PM   #21  

Good Morning to everyone. My weekend was not as on plan as I would have liked, I was OK at the wedding, but blew it at the engagement party. I had two helpings of lasagna, and no the noodles were not WW. I have a stomach ache this morning, like a lasagna hangover. I did manage to make it to the gym on Sat and Sun. Yesterday, I lifted weights and did something to my back. I think I was trying to use my back muscles to lift rather than my arms. Basically, I look like that lady on the old Doan's commercial.

CountryMom- I was cracking up laughing at your cheez its/ Pavlov's dog analogy. I can totally relate. Good luck working on that deer!!!

Cheryl- I had the headaches on South Beach too. I think Sugar Busters is much healthier. Hope you feel back to normal soon.

Jenn- Hope your days gets better

JackK- How is your RA? Feeling any better? I think it is a good idea to hide the scale for a while. It can be so frustrating to watch it fluctuate and beat yourself up about water weight or buffet weight or whatever! I haven't seen Fruit on the boards in a while. Hope she is well.

I will catch up with everyone later when I have a chance to go read the weekends post. I don't have a computer at home and get so behind on the weekends. Have a great day- Ashley
Old 11-10-2003, 01:47 PM   #22  

Just popping in for some replies.

Deb, DH was at the gym, but claims he didn't hear the page! I told him he is grounded and can't drive my car anymore unless it's on the weekends and the family is with him. The AF has started making it manditory for them to work out so many minutes per week and I forget just how much of that time has to be during duty hours, granted it wasn't duty hours this morning when he went.

Cheryl, I don't blame you one bit for not wanting the headaches after what you've been through. I've had a pseudo (sp) tumor and I am scared of headaches too.

Country, I guess today is just gonna be one of those days. Autumn has done everything she can think of to drive me nuts so far, and the darn clinic doesn't have an appointment time that's doable for me to get back in to the doc. That part I can deal with, it will just give me a bit more time to get a little more weight off before going in. Congrats to Robert for the 8 point! DH would like to get one himself, but it's just bow season right now here and it seems he can't hit the broad side of a barn right now either.

JackieO, Oh dear, I hope your back gets better soon.

Well off to find something to eat since it's lunch time.

Jenn
Old 11-10-2003, 02:17 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Got to do some UPS so I thought I had better post my notes so I don't lose them again.

This is an easy challenge this week. I am having only 1 starchy carb today (plan so far) that is 1 pc of sgww bread.

Jecrites, I hope your day improves. Go back to bed and get up again.

Fillise, don't fret about your weekend. They are killers. I would love for you to post your stuffing recipe. DH just asked yesterday if I could make some ww stuffing. Never made it before. Always used stove top. I was torn for who to cheer for on the Auburn game. I like Auburn and would normally have pulled for them b/c of you, but I love Eli Manning. So I didn't know who to pull for. It was a great game though. My Ds makes all the pies for us and she make about 1 per person too. I need to give her the sf crust recipe and apple pie recipe. Is it posted in the recipes?

Pancho, Thanksgiving is a week late this year so we lose a week before Christmas. I could use that extra week. The stores here have their decorations up before Halloween. Two people in our area hae their Christmas lites on already. I atleast wait until the day after Thanksgiving.

Cheryl, welcome back to SB. I think we are spoiled with all the good eating we can have.

Crystal, Believe me I thought about you with every handful of nips I ate. The funny thing is they have been in there for weeks and I never bothered them. I was really bored Sat so I guess that was the problem. Sounds like a cleaning weekend. I cleaned out closets, laundry room and cupboards too. Congrats to Dh onhis deer. Don't tell Teensy, she is still trying to get one. One of our superintendents was just in with pics of his 5th one.

Trish, I heard this morning that it was the Marine Corps birthday. Some child called in the radio station. I bet his dad told him.

Chris, yes it is a new day and a new week. Let's make it a good one. Yes I saw parts of the game. Sorry. That's 3 in a row isn't it. Somebody needs to do something.

Kim, It's about time you got back on here. I know you are busy, but you can spare us 2 minutes just to say hi everyday can't you. Plus look how good it is for you. You need us too. I really miss you. Poor Maddie, hope the shots help.

Kitty, the word "enriched" in anything is a big no-no. Triscuits are fine 6 or 7 maybe. I find some ww at the HFS. but at a regular store, Triscuits will be all you will find. Glad everything else is going ok.

Ashley, don't worry about the weekend. Getting back on track today is the key. I'm sure with all your exercise you will be fine. I loved the lasagna hangover. Hope you back is ok. Thanks for asking, I am feeling much better today. I slept in a little Sat and Sun and I think that helped.

Work is a little slow today so I can get on here more. Yeah! Made a pot of veggie soup last night for dinner. DH says we can eat it 2 or 3 nights Yuk!. It's not my favorite (tend to like Campbells only). So I hope it is good enough to at least eat it tonight for me.

Later

Jackie
Old 11-10-2003, 03:32 PM   #24  

Jack-k, If only that would work! Thankfully I am actually getting this laundry done that's been waiting on me for about 2 weeks now, and they day is getting close to being nearly over.

Jenn
Old 11-10-2003, 04:00 PM   #25  

JACKIE - lets not push it...no, its 2 losses in a row. But Im sure you will be able to say 3 in a row next week. Im soooo over it!

Chris
Old 11-10-2003, 04:31 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Chris, sorry, I was thinking it was 3. Next week will be better.

Jackie
Old 11-10-2003, 04:45 PM   #27  

Good afternoon everyone. Just thought I would check in before to many posts got ahead of me. Well I'm doing the one hour at a time today. Seems like I can't get enough to eat today.

Jecrites- sounds like your morning started off pretty rough, hope your day got better.

Fillise- Wow you're off and running today. I can't believe Thanksgiving is just a couple of weeks away. I sure would like to try a ww bread stuffing. Think I might try. And I'm looking forward to a pumpkin pie without sugar and a ww crust. Theres so many things I'd like to try. I have a really hard time durning the Christmas season too. We're going to the kids house in South Carolina and I bake and cook allot.

Pancho- I sure would have liked to have been at your house over the week end. Wow all the goodie baking. I've got to try the pita bread. I wish you would post your almond crust. I would love to know how to make one.

Debelli- I can't find your e mail address. But guess I'll get it when you send me that site address...

Cherylco- I'm glad I'm not the only south beach diet drop out. I finally had some fruit today and it tasted so good. Tomorrow I have oatmeal.

CountryMom- I don't envy you cutting up the deer meat. But would love some after its cut up...LOL Really does sound like you have your day cut out for you. I know what you mean about the cornbread stuffing we've had it in our family every holiday forever. Its hard to not make some...

Trishaloo- How far will the graduation be from your place... I'm sure you'll be one proud Mama..

Chrisd- Think my problem is eating to big of servings. I think I need new food ideas...

The Quilter- Oh my gosh its so good to see you posting Kim. Wish you would come back more ofter. I miss hearing from you.....

kittyKat- I get Ry Vida crackers with sesame seeds at the health food store. They taste pretty good with some peanut butter or cheese on them..

jackieO- Well that work out should have helped lots with the lasagna. I admire you for going ahead and exerciseing.

Jack k- Hope you got all your UPS done. Yikes nips. I love those little buggers.

Well I might have to have a peanut butter cracker...LOL..... Off I go.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:30 PM   #28  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Whew! I'm pooped! Went to NH and then to mall. Just got home about an hour ago. Did get three presents. Also if any of you have a Creamery concession around you, they have cappuccino, SF and also SF flavored syrups. It was delicious and gave me a little pick up during my crawl. I'm really not a shopper.

DS and I sat out the other night and watched the eclipse. It takes a long time so we talked. The subject, DD, wasn't a pleasant one. He's upset that she did not give me an answer about Xmas when I first asked and then just said basically I'm coming, I don't know when, be there. He says the only reason she's coming is to get my things. I know he's right. He thinks I should go to FL with them, but I can't do that now as I already said yes she could come. If I changed my mind the **** would really hit the proverbial fan! Excuse my french! So I went to bed, did not sleep well and woke up with a headache. Then the four of us got talking about it again. They are upset because they don't like DD's attitude.GD thinks her Aunt is trying to manipulate me, make me choose. They also gave me a lecture about don't you help her load things up! DS says he's thinking about calling her and telling her a couple of things. I said that would only make the gap wider and he say's "Oh, well!" I know they want to protect me. So another bad night. You know how it is you go to bed because you want to sleep, but your brain says "no-no, lets think about this and that!" I did email DD today and told her I would not be going back with her as I have a five day event I want to attend and will need to save my money for that!

So basically I feel like a hangover today and didn't even have a drink. I did find myself going overboard on cashews and stopped myself. Don't think I did too much damage.

Enough bemoaning the fact that I am dysfunctional!! On to more pleasant things.

COUNTRY: THanks for the sweet lecture. I know you're right, just hard to accept.

PANCHO: Did you find out anything about Annie's pretzels? I was looking at them today but refrained.

MONET: Too bad about your Moms group. I guess I'm old fashioned but nobody seems to have time to pause and enjoy the spur of the moment type things. Even kids have structured play dates!

DAVE: How great that you are able to do the things you enjpy once again. Humor goes a long way in rehabilitation. Makes the painful things easier and time go faster. I am a true believer in humor as part of the healing process. Remember Mary Tyler Moore at Chuckles, the Clown's funeral? You think that doesn't happen in real life at times?

DEB: Once again the Queen of Shopping. I wish I knew someone that likes gagrage sales. By now you should have the Piano man to send the blood rqcing again through your wizened veins!

KITTY: Welcome to the board. You sound like someone who has reallt done their research. This is a doable plan.

QUILTER: So good to read your post. Wish my DD had your attitude about Mom living with DS.

Now I lay me
Down to sleep.
I pray the Lord
My shape to keep.
Please no wrinkles
Please no bags
And please lift my butt
Before it sags.
Please no age spots
Please no gray
And as for my belly,
Please take it away.
Please keep me healthy
Please keep me young,
And thank you Dear Lord
For all that you've done.

Foot Note:__ One saggy boob said to the other saggy boob:
"If we don't get some support soon, people will think we're nuts."

MY MM FOR VETERAN'S DAY:

I watched the flag pass by one day,
It fluttered in the breeze.
A young Marine saluted it,
And then he stood at ease.

I looked at him in uniform
So young, so tall, so proud,
With hair cut square and eyes alert
He'd stand out in any crowd.

I thought how many men like him
Had fallen through the years.
How many died on foreign soil
How many mothers' tears?

How many pilots' planes shot down?
How many died at sea
How many foxholes were soldiers' graves?
No, freedom isn't free.

I heard the sound of Taps one night,
When everything was still,
I listened to the bugler play
And felt a sudden chill.
I wondered just how many times
That Taps had meant "Amen,"

When a flag had draped a coffin.
Of a brother or a friend.

I thought of all the children,
Of the mothers and the wives,
Of fathers, sons and husbands
With interrupted lives.

I thought about a graveyard
At the bottom of the sea
Of unmarked graves in Arlington.
No, freedom isn't free.

Take care, Shirley
Old 11-10-2003, 05:34 PM   #29  
Goddess

Default WW Stuffing

For those of you that are interested in how I do my Thanksgiving dressing. There really isn't a recipe, I make an oyster dressing, but you could easily do it without the oysters.

Let's see if I can remember what I do.

I cube some WW bread and dry it in the oven on low heat (maybe 250) until it is dry (see how exacting this is going to be? You need more than you think because it will shrink when you add the wet ingredients.

I chop some celery and add it to the dried bread--you know till it looks like enough is mixed in (chop the celery finely).

I melt some butter (probably a stick) and mix that in the bread and celery.

Then I add some turkey broth from the turkey I've just taken out of the oven--just until it is good and moist, but not soaking.

I add some sage, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and anything else I feel like throwing in (when I'm in the gorcery story before the big day I look at a bag of Pepperidge farm dressing to see what they added and try to follow that). Don't over season.

If you don't want the Oysters, then you can put the mixture in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees (I have it ready to go so it can be heating while the Turkey is resting before I it is carved).

If you want the Oysters, then chop up some fresh oysters (I usually get one container from the seafood section of the grocery). Mix in and throw the whole thing into the oven for 20-30 minutes and serve hot.

Even my nieces who claim to hate oysters inhale this on Thanksgiving!

AS for the apple pie. Ask Monet for the crust recipe. The last one I tried didn't work so well, so I'm using hers this year. For the filling I peel and chop apples (enough to fill a pie plate). I give the apples a good coating of apple pie spice and then mix in some agave (drizzle till it mixes into the apples, but don't use too much. I also mix in a tablespoon of WW flour. I put it in the pie pan and then dot with butter. Put on the top crust and throw it in the oven for 40-50 minutes on 350. I usually put some foil around the edges of the crust and take that off the last 10 minutes or so.

Yummy!

Susan
Old 11-10-2003, 05:53 PM   #30  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

OH MY GAWD......the glitch is fixed and I can't complain about not having enough work anymore! What ever it was,...well, let's just say that I've been busy from 8-4 non stop and didn't even give lunch a thought!

As for the cornbread dressing....When I want some, I make some...I find that filling the "want" doesn't take much...we use white cornmeal, so it's not sweet, the I put some herbed croutons
in the chicken broth to soak, 2 cups celery, 2 cups onion, 3 cups cornbread, 3 cups croutons, one of those big boxes of chicken broth, two eggs, 2 tbs sage...that's it..mix well and bake on 350 for an hour or until it gets golden brown...It's my Grandmother's recipe, and man is it good!

I can't get on page one of this weeks board...don't know why, so I started with Crystles post...if there is anything I need to know from the first page, please let me know.

I made a HUGE pot of VEGGIE SOUP yesterday and that's what we're having for supper..
When I was at PUBLIX yesterday, I found a deal on JACK DANIELS GRILLING SAUCE....I love that stuff for my grilled chicken. Scrounged around until I found $1.00 coupons and stocked up my pantry for $1.49 a bottle!
Went to WALMART and actually followed my list...was in and out in 15 minutes! That's a record for me....BUT...I went to BEALLS (dept store) to pick up a birthday present for my nephew.....ran head on into a new crop of frocks so I bought SEVEN NEW DRESSES!!! Got them for 40% off!

Well, That's my news...I just sent Kim an email and reamed her out for not being on the board and then when I got here...THERE SHE WAS~!

Hope everyone has a good evening....

BOB
Closed Thread