3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/10-11/16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/34302-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-11-10-11-16-a.html)

agape3737 11-10-2003 10:31 PM

Trully a Real Keeper!!

I just had a get back here to post this, it is so touching that I didn't want to wait until tomorrow.

~* keeper*~

It was a way of life, and sometimes it made me crazy. :stars:

All that re-fixing, reheating, renewing,

I wanted just once to be wasteful. :cb:

Waste meant affluence.

Throwing things away meant you knew there'd always be more.

But then my Mother died, :cry: and on that clear summer's night,

In the warmth of the hospital room,

I was struck with the pain of learning that

sometimes there isn't any 'more.'

Sometimes, what we care about most gets all used up

and goes away...never to return. :cry:

So...while we have it...it's best we love it.....

and care for it ......and fix it when it's broken.....and heal it when it's sick.

This is true.....for marriage.....and old cars.....

and children with bad report cards.....and dogs with bad hips.....

and aging parents.....and grandparents. :yes:

We keep them because they are worth it,

because we are worth it. Some things we keep.

Like a best friend that moved away --

or -- a classmate we grew up with. :goodvibes:

There are just some things that make life important,

like people we know who are special..... :grouphug:

and so, we keep them close!

I received this from someone who thought I was a 'keeper'! :cp:

Then I sent it to the people I think of in the same way. :angel:

Now it's your turn to send this to all those people that are "keepers" in your life...like you!! ;)

Goodnite,
Linda

The Quilter 11-11-2003 07:47 AM

Okay, 2nd day in a row. I hope none of you pass out and hit your heads on your monitors. Just trying to get back into the habit. One thing I've done is turned off that damned tv in the morning. Geesh, that stupid machine can suck you in and waste so much time.

I just had time to skim. But saw some welcome backs. Thanks! I wish I was as faithful as all of you. JACKK, you were cracking me up, but you are SOOOOO right. I need a good tongue lashing to set me straight. Keep on me, girlfriend. Yes, DEB, you and NARDA would be scarier than the troups. I certainly don't want that to happen. Although I think I would jump for joy if I ever opened my front door and you two were on the other side. Paul would go running because NARDA would be pinching him the minute she saw him. Ha!

I was down a pound this morning. Thank God! I think I have two more to get to my lowest. Do any of you ever feel like you lose your organization about this project. The first half of the year, I was journaling everything and keeping track of my weigh ins. And lately, I haven't done that at all. I did buy a new little hard back blank book and I'm thinking about using it to get my focus back and going.

Better run. Have a great day everyone!
Kim
204/178.5/140

Toni48 11-11-2003 08:47 AM

Good morning you all. Wow made it through a day. Each day as it comes is so important. I'm determined to do this.... We're supposed to warm up a bit today and get rain tomorrow. So we're going to let the wood stove go out so we can clean the ashes.

Sef- Your veterans poem was so beautiful. It made me teary eyed to read it. Don't you just hate the back and forth pull you get from your family. And always trying to please. Knock on wood mine has settled down to a slow roar!! I hope things go well for you...

Fillise- Thank you for the recipe for the dressing. I am going to try to make some at Thanksgiving and if it turns out good I may make some at Christmas too.

kengjw- I have to pay 4.80 for an 8 oz. bottle of Agave. So I try to be really frugal with it.

Bob- We make cornbread and sausage dressing in my family. But think I will try a ww one. Of course we're going to my sisters and if it doesn't turn out I can always eat the real one. LOL.... I would really like to try a legal dinner including the pie...

heartmom- Sorry you're not feeling just right and hope its just a thing you're going through for a few days. Ut oh DH will have to get that deer especially since he missed or he'll never live it down. Deer season doesn't start here till next week.

Pancho- Thanks, I'll be looking forward to the almond crust. Yum that sounds good.

kittykat- I love to see other peoples menu, it always gives me an idea of what I'm doing wrong. And what else I could make.

SuperDave- It really sounds like you're a good and generous person. Hope you're doing well.

Debelli- Yes I got your e-mail, thanks so much. I didn't catch it till this morning cause I go to bed really early. I sent my menu I forgot I ate a blue bunny sf ice cream bar. Thank you so much for helping me.

Monet- I sure know what you mean about being alone in the middle of a crowd. I'm shy and once I get to know you pretty well I'm okay. But it always brings me back to my school years as a shy little girl when I get in a situation where I'm uncomfortable. Maybe thats why the internet is so good for me. Your cakes sound out of this world... Ummmmm.

agape- Your motivation was really good. Thanks for printing it... Don't you just hate when the computer freezes!!!

mom2jared- Wow what a wonder inspiration about those pants.. I'm sooo happy for you!!! Way to go.

Quilter- Woopie great to see you posting again!!!!!! Congradulations on that pound!!!

Well I think its getting time for me to have some oatmeal.... So off I go and will check in later........

Solly 11-11-2003 09:08 AM

Good Tueday Morning.

It is nice here today, 59 now and going almost to 70. Strange weather in the Ohio Valley.

Got in our walk. DH insists on increasing it. I was getting bored with our route so he worked out another one. This one has hills and boy my legs are sore today. We have to cross a busy street, but I guess I can live with that. The end of ithe route was too dark so we need to alter it a little. It was only .3 miles more but I could tell it and it seemed like forever. Took us 1 hour.

Question: I looked for the Blue Bunny ice cream in Wal Mart but could not find any SF. Does it say SF on the carton? Do they have both kinds. I did get the yogurt. I like it a lot better than Krogers.

Need to get busy so on to replies.

Toni, are you having a not so busy day? That's when I find all I want to do is eat. I have to find something to keep my hands and mind busy. I would like to try the ww stuffing too. Except my DS does Thanksgiving. Myother DS is doing SB too so I might make a few things and take with me. Glad you made it through yesterday. One day at a time. That's not too much to ask.

Sef, we have all said it before, you are not the dysfuntional one and your DD's problems are not due to something you did or didn't do. I agree with your DS, go to FL with them, let DD come at your convenience. Sorry you had such a bad night. I hate when your mind just won't quit working, especially with bad stuff. Hope tonight is better for you. :grouphug: Thanks for the jokes, loved the one about the boobs. The Veterans poem really touched me.

Fillise, thanks for the recipes. I hope to try them.

Bob, we were thinking alike. I made a crockpot full of veggie soup too. It wasn't too bad either. Is that Jack Daniels sauce legal? I thought it had too much sugar.

Heartmom, Do you take a multi-vitamin? Hope you are feeling better.

Pancho, we ususally put oour tree up on the Sat after TG. Friday is a shopping day. DD's birthday is Dec 6th and she likes the tree and decorations up by then.

Kitty, take some asprin, it will help. It is detox. Hope BF doesn't eat in the nude :o The rest of the time would be ok.

Dave, Happy Veterans Day! What a generous man you are. You have such a wonderful outlook on life. I hope you are very contagious.

Deb, I want to meet that piano man in person :s: Thanks for the link to the recipes. I will check them out.

Monet, my heart broke for you when I read your post. How alone you must have felt. I'm glad someone opened up to you. It was her gain as you have so much to give and are so wonderful. Man I'm starving now that I read about those cakes. I don't blame you for tasting them. Sorry to hear Ruth has similar problems. Now you will have to be a SB inspiration to her. Do you mind posting your ww pie crust again?

Agape, really like the execuses piece. Thanks.

Mom, Congrats on your too big britches. Isn't that a great feeling. I think I like that more than the numbers on the scale.

Kim, yes I almost passed out when I saw your post. If you only have 2 more pounds to gt back to your lowest, you have been doing great w/o us. :( yes that TV can suck you in quickly. I have to have mine on for noise i the morning, but I catch myself standing there watching instead of doing what I'm supposed to do. ARe you still making jewelry?

I'll check in later.

Jackie

Debelli 11-11-2003 09:19 AM

Morning All:wave:

No school today, so kids are home. MICHAEL just woke up and LAUREN'S still sound asleep. Not sure what we'll do today:shrug:

I've been bidding on a comforter set for MICHAEL on Ebay for a while. I had done so long ago when I had seen it in an ad at MACY'S and then lost the ad and had forgotten about it. Found the ad as I was cleaning up and started to look for it again. I even saw the set at MACY'S over the weekend, at $279.00. Anyhow, I finally got him one, brand new but missing one of the shams, no big deal I think, with shipping and tax, since it's in FL it was $74.59. It's a really cool looking set, something weird, like him. Check it out (click on link below)

http://www.eldridgetextile.com/catalog/rvkinetic.html

MONET, okay, spill the beans, how was your praline chiffon cake with caramel icing? This is something I would SURELY blow this WOE to try, OMG, it sounds delish! I would of felt bad too if that would of happened to me, I was always picked last in school because of my size, I'd of felt it was happening all over again. Good luck to RUTH on SB, she's lucky she has you to look up to and guide her on this WOE:)

AGAPE, thanks for posting that article, it was awesome!!!:D Yes, I had my stomach stapled oh, almost 20 years ago-gosh, it's been a long time. Lose weight, sure did, and gained all but 40 back!:eek:

HEART, it's not like we have deer down here in Miami, other than at the zoo. I hadn't a clue, what do you want from a city gal?;)

MOM, I see you have small downslides that don't have to happen if you plan accordingly. When you go to a meeting and know there's going to be food and/or you're going to be hungry, pack something to take. Ditto with shopping. You can keep things in your car that don't require refridgeration in emergencies. Remember Tillie Tooter? I always joke, gawd forbid it happen to me, that I'd be just fine, I always have food stashed in my car and could eat for days. Same with my suitcase. I always tell ELI when we go on a trip that should we crash in the wilderness and survive, grab my suitcase, we can eat for days with what I usually bring home from trips - all about planning, my dear;)

QUILTER, of course, we'd love to see posts from you on a daily basis but do what you can, when you can and you'd be surprised how often you can get here, even if it's just a quicky. I'm so glad to see you are only a couple pounds above your goal. For not being on the board for so long, that's great!! You'll be back down and below that before you know it. Yes, BOB and I knocking at your door, scarier than you think and NOT something you'd want to happen if we were coming to search for you:nono: Now, if it was just a regular visit, that's another story:) Yes, BOB does have a love for pinching the opposite sex - ELI even feels her wrath when she's not here - I get instructions to pinch him for her!:lol: Yes, I get just like you mentioned - we get comfortable and sloppy, it happens to the best of us:)

TONI, thanks for e-mailing the menu. We'll get you up and losing again, it's really not all that bad.

JACKK, yeah, yeah, just rub it in! I'm dying of the heat and you have just the weather I'd love to be in right now. I'm not sure about the BB SF ice cream, something I rarely buy, not easy to find near me, which I guess is a good thing;) Yeah, I'd like to meet the pianoman too - he can tickle my ivories any day!:lol:

Okay, I'm outta here for now, will check in later today.

{{{HUGS}}}:grouphug:

Debbie

jecrites 11-11-2003 10:02 AM

Hi y'all.

Geez the board got busy after I wasn't able to check back. Nothing going on at all here. Still have to clean this house.

I made the cauliflower "mashed potatoes" last night, and hubby's friend (who has been having dinner here almost every night since he got up here) wasn't even going to try it after I told him what it was. I told him that he had to try it and not just think it's nasty because it's cauliflower. Well after he tasted it, he liked it. I think he was shocked that cauliflower can taste like potatoes! I would have never thought to do that with cauliflower without you all.

Hubby is off today since it's Veteran's Day and all, but he sure isn't hanging around here. He's out in the wooods. I told him last night that I didn't want to go home for TG or Christmas either one because his sister and her family of 5 is living with his parents right now. It's bad enough with just my 3 kids there, but when you get my 3 and her 3 together, it sounds like WW3 has broke out, and besides that, there would be no where for us to sleep. MIL only has one extra bed, and I don't want to be stuck in the LR with all of the kids AND be woke up before the crack of dawn by hubby and his dad going hunting. I feel bad about it because he's always gone home during TG to go hunting, and I do want to go in a way, but then when I start thinking about all the people that would be in that house, I just don't like the way the outcome comes out in my head. Plus I know that MIL would be making all this off plan stuff the whole entire time we're there, and I really don't want to get off plan right now. Oh what to do what to do?!!!

Today seems to be better then yesterday, at least so far. I think the only thing that went right yesterday was getting some of the laundry done.

The school here has this thing called study hall (not the normal study hall we all had at school either). This is more like detention. If they don't do their homework or hand in their assignments on time, they have to spend their lunch recess in "study hall" and work on it or whatever the teacher gives them. Well after 5 times they are supposed to send a note home, I never got one, after 10 you are supposed to meet with the teacher, which I haven't gotten an appt. to do so yet, after 15 you meet with the principal, and I have no clue what happens after 20. Well anyway, Katie has been 11 times now, and she still doesn't finish her homework. This morning I found something else she didn't even act like she had last night. The only thing I can think of is she thinks she doesn't have to do anything because the little girl across the street does this and her mom evidentally doesn't care. She's come in telling me about this other kid doing something or not doing something and her mom just ignores it. I've had all the talks with her about "I don't care what other kids do, I only care about what you do" thing that I always got from my parents. She's even gotten her tail torn up about it. I have never had problems out of her with homework before. I've lost my patients with her, and honestly don't know what to do next. She's already been told no t.v., no friends over, no game boy, and there's really nothing left to take away.

Geez this is turning into a book. I better get on with my replies and get some breakfast going; Autumn has already started in about waffles.

Deb, I'll have to remember to ask them about it. It will be just as easy to go talk to them next time I'm in town as it would be to call them, and I've got to go pick up some "snack foods" (legal ones of course) for my candle party on monday night. Oh and I informed hubby that after the first of the year I'm planning on getting a regular old house phone because I don't like not being called when my kids get hurt at school; that and I've got friends that like to call and talk forever during the day.

Monet, Oh yes I do indeed know what you mean. I feel like that every week at the library! I don't know any of the other moms there and they all seem to have their own little "groups" that know each other and talk all the time. They are so different from the other wives I know from hubby's work. They are all so nice and they include everyone in everything. Praying that things work out with Ruth. Did her DH look them up on webmd.com? That's where I've looked up things before, and on just about every med out there it has the same "warnings"

Mom, Way to go on the pants! It does feel so good to get into a smaller size no matter what the scales tell you

Ok, sorry this ended up being so long. Gotta go now and get this kid some waffles and me some oatmeal. Talk to y'all later.

Jenn

Ellen 11-11-2003 10:32 AM

Here is the ww pie crust recipe:

1 1/2 sticks butter
2 cups ww pastry flour
1 teaspoon salt
about 1/2 cups of ice water

Cut the butter into the flour and salt until it resembles coarse meal. Add water and stir to form a ball. The trick is not to use too much water...it should not be at all sticky, but just holding together. Divide in half, roll out on floured board and fold gently to lift and unfold to fit into pie pan. Roll out second half for top. Moisten edges of bottom crust with water, lay top crust over bottom and press to seal, then roll and crimp edges with fingers. The less you work the dough, the flakier the crust will turn out. Use cold butter, and very cold ice water.

DEB: The praline chiffon cake with the caramel turned out ok. I had never made a caramel icing like that before, and it did not turn out right, but it was good anyway. I noticed it is still creeping off the cake! It never set up properly. The chiffon cake is something I would like to experiment with. As far as cakes go, it is rather light, and mostly egg whites...like an angel food cake. I am wondering if it could be made with agave and ww pastry flour.

JACK: Thank you for your kind words. I don't think the situation would have bothered me as much if I had felt comfortable with the woman I ended up with. I have known her a while, but we have not 'connected' really, unless there is something she wants from me. It was obvious to me that she really wanted to join another group...she had been at my table and was one of the ones who jumped up and hurried to another group as soon as possible...but felt obligated to come back. The pastor may have caught her eye, I suppose. All in all, a very uncomfortable situation that does not do much for ones self esteem....

JECRITES: Thanks for the mention of that web page. I am going to go and check it out and see what they say about the drugs I take that the doctor wants Ruth on. I feel like if you dwell on all the negatives, you are never going to be able to experience the positives...and the drugs CAN be positive if used properly! I know how you feel about that library group. Just keep reminding yourself when there that you DO have other friends! Last night, my mind just froze and I could not even talk myself out of the overwhelming feeling of being alone. I had to call my husband while I was driving home on my cellphone and talk to someone who I knew cared.

Pancho 11-11-2003 10:57 AM

HAPPY VETERANS DAY & TUESDAY EVERYONE!! I was at 121.5# this morning; I think I may have officially lost another 1/2 pound. We will see for WIW. My parents are going to watch the girls for a few hours on Saturday so DH & I can go out for our anniversary. I am excited, but also very nervous. They have a pool with no gate, and they know how uncomfortable I am leaving Lane there. Britt is fine, and knows how to swim well, and knows not to go near it. I am going to have my parents close the doggie door and put a broom stick in the door before I leave. We are going to have dinner at a restaurant near their home, so we won't be gone more than a few hours.

I enjoyed the pumpkin cheesecake, but not enough for it to tempt me to eat too much. Here is the recipe for that, as well as the crust I made with it:

Rissa's Pumpkin Cheesecake:

2 packages of cream cheese, softened
1 29 ounce can of pumpkin (I prefer Libby's)
2 TB of lemon juice (Nat used 1/2 TB)
8 packets of artificial sweetener
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pint whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Place all ingredients EXCEPT FOR whipping cream and cinnamon into a mixer (this is a good recipe for my Kitchenaide - it does all the work). Mix at low speed for three minutes, then medium speed for an additional three to five minutes.

In a separate container, mix or blend the whipping cream until thick and frothy.

Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese/pumpkin mixture.

Blend on high for five or more minutes until well mixed.

Place in spring form pan, and sprinkle top of cheesecake with cinnamon.

Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately one hour, until the top sets (I had to bake nearly 90 minutes).

CHILL BEFORE SERVING!

Chocolate Almond Crust: (I found this on our recipe board, but couldn't find a name to credit to):

2 1/2 cups ground almonds
2 TB splenda
4 TB melted butter
2TB unsweetened cocoa powder

Place nuts in a bowl of food processor and pulse until ground into a meal (I don't crush mine into a meal...I like it to be a little crunchy). Add sugar substitute, cocoa powder and butter and pulse or stir to combine. Transfer to a 9" springform pan. With your finger, gently press nut mixture to form a crust on bottom of pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes; remove from oven and cool. I DID NOT BAKE PRIOR FOR THE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE, SINCE I KNEW IT WOULD BE BAKING FOR SO LONG ANYWAY..IT MIGHT HAVE BURNED.

ENJOY!

Kitty: A lot of people experience withdrawal type symptoms when they cut the sugar out of their diets. That's why it is like a drug. I love the cold weather; I'd rather have that than the sweaty hot weather anyday. BUT I live in Phoenix and we get our fair share of hot weather. Remember the juice in moderation; it's always better to eat the actual fruit. Keep up the good work.

Dave: It is people like yuo who make a lot of people's holidays brighter!!

Deb: Yes, it does say 7g of fiber. They advertise it all over their page. They say that their others have 2g, but the WW one has 7 grams. I just typed in Auntie Anne's Pretzels in my search engine, and it took me to their site. I went to the products section, and then to nutritional info. Hope you have a great day.

Monet: Glad everyone enjoyed the food. Sorry you felt left out; that is a truly awful feeling. People are sometimes so oblivious. to other's feelings. It was nice of that other lady to come over to you and join you. Ruth is lucky to have you; you are so informative when it comes to this woe/wol.

Mom: You are probably losing inches. It is soooo exciting to get into those smaller sizes. I remember when I was able to get back into an 8....I was ecstatic. I told my husband that I wanted to get back into a 5/6 like when we got married, and he said that I never would. He said that after having two kids, and getting older, I'd never see them again. Well, my official size now is a 5/6, and I can even fit into some 4's. I showed him. I guess in a way, he gave me some definate incentive (to prove him wrong - ha). Keep up the great work.

Jack-K: I don't buy the BB ice cream, but have seen it, and I think it says, "no sugar added, sweetend with splenda." Sounds like you got in a great walk. I haven't decided if I will shop the day after TG or not; guess I'll see what the sales look like. We will celebrate my mom & sister's birthdays on TG. My mom's is on Thanksgiving this year (27th), and my sisters is on Dec. 3rd. It is always fun to combine the celebration when we can all get together.

jecrites: I don't know if I am following the study hall ordeal. Is she going because she is not finishing the homework she brings home? Can you ask her to look over her homework every night and make sure she has completed it. OR, is she finishing it, and just not turning it in? Kids are so impressionable, and it is difficult for them to think that what they are doing is wrong, when someone else does it and it is o.k. Good luck!

I will be volunteering in Britt's class for the first part of class today. Friday is Dads for Doughnuts, so Dad will be picking her up. That will save me a trip!

I have to return some bras sometime this week. My DH says I spend as much time making returns as I do purchases, and it sometimes seems that way. I had to return some shoes yesterday because one fit tighter than the other and were totally uncomfortable. The bras fit well until I have them on for about an hour, and then they start to pull up and pucker above the nipple area. Gheez, hopefully I will find some bras to fit right.

Well, have a great day all....I better go get in the shower and get the kids dressed.

Take care,
Nat

KittyKat77 11-11-2003 11:51 AM

Pancho-I won't drink very much juice! I do love OJ though! I know they say its better to eat the fruit or squeeze juice directly from the fruit because it still has all the nutrients and vitamins in in? I hate pulp though so it's hard for me! I buy the no pulp, low acid kind-all natural of course.
Jack-BF does not eat in the nude that I know of!

I can't wait to try some of these dessert recipes! They look so good!

chrisd 11-11-2003 11:55 AM

ALMOND COOKIE RECIPE....

To anyone that was interested in this...I think Pancho was going to make it soon. I goofed on the amount of Agave..its not 1 cup..its 3/4 cup. It really made a difference in the consistency. Sorry about that!

agape3737 11-11-2003 02:18 PM

Hello Hello Hello

Good Tuesday Evening to Yas,
Hope everyone is faring well today. I'm up and at with the little ones. What a joy they can be, full of energy. Only wish I had 1/10 of their energy. lol The wheather here is nice. We are suppose to approach 58, which is good for us. A few nights ago we had a low of 17 with the wind chill factor. That's cold.

Quilter ~~ Good to see you back, I have been in and out myself. I do feel good being here and participating. I'm trying to stay focused here. I have been tremedously busy, too.

Toni ~~ Thanks, it was good wasn't it.

Monet ~~ You must be one heck of cook. The foods you describe sound so incredibly good. I appreciate the pie crust recipe. I tried to make one about a month ago and it literally stood alone lol. I ate the filling and left the crust. Sorry about DD. It is rough when you look meds up and find out the downside of them. I have not taken meds for that very reason. The side affects seem to do more harm than what the doctor is treating you for at times. My doctor is an MD and well versed in supplementations or alternatives. When we were having Word Cell, my job was to greet and sit with people who it was their first being there, so they would not feel alone and wouldn't want to come back. I do know how you must've felt.

Fillise ~~ I feel really good when I see you're feeling up to pare. I just love your avatar. I have been seeing a few food products trying to get healthy. Some are still nono's for us. I appreciate them acknowledging that some of the ingedients are real killers.

Pancho ~~ WTO on your weight loss. It feels so good doesn't, sounds like you are gaining a lot of muscle. Thanx for the recipes.

Debbie ~~ Whoa, my daughter is going to have that done, along with her husband. She has tried a few diets, even this one, with no long standing success. Have you heard of the one that is less invasive, I believe it is same day surgery? My SIL's DS indicated it was a hot thing in Hotlanta. Can't find out anything, if you have info could you share it please? Thanx in advance. I wanted to do it a few years ago, but my insurance wouldn't cover it. The bedding is great, I would put that on my bed.

Jecrites ~~ I really must try that "cauliflower" mashed potatoes. I heard about it some time back, but, never tried it. Sounds delicious.

Gotta go and get dressed, it is well pass my time. Hopefully, I will be back later today. Have the very best day you can.

{{{{{smooches}}}}}}

Later,
LJunel (slim and healthy)

cherylco 11-11-2003 02:25 PM

chrisd
I know sometimes it can't be avoided (eating out) I figured Chinese would be ok if you stick with steamed veggies and no rice. We actually have a place here that does brown rice!
But then I found out that MSG, which is not good for you anyway, was made from beets. Beets have a high GI so I just stay away from Chinese period.

KittyKat
Anything that say's "unbleached" is not legal. It means the flour has been processed, which takes out all the stuff that makes it healthy. Legal crackers: Triscuits, Whole wheat matzo crackers, Ak-Mak Original Whole Wheat Sesame crackers.

My daughter is continuing on SBD. She lost 7 pounds in a week! I think because the menu is so limited she has been forced to eat salad or starve, so she's been eating a salad at every meal! I mix Romaine, Red leaf lettuces and Iceberg in a huge bowl and keep it in the fridge so it's always there.
I didn't like the induction for myself but it got me into the habit of not eating bread or a starchy carb with every meal at least.

Deb I was talking about why I've been stalled on SB. I was eating bad foods! I was thinking "Oh it won't hurt to eat these yummy boneless chicken pieces breaded and deep fried once in a while" well once in a while turned into like 2 to 3 times a week! So I'm really determined to be totally legal I realized how many tiny little illegal foods had slipped into my diet. Which I guess will be ok one I reach maintenance but they are keeping me stalled.

Heartmom, any chance of you being pregnant?

agape3737 11-11-2003 02:32 PM

Did not think I get back so quickly. I have a question to throw out, is cha cha the same as chutney and does anyone know how to make it? My sis called to ask if I knew how to make it. All I know is what I have heard and that it is hot and some type of condiment. Thanx

Linda

music teach 11-11-2003 03:40 PM

Hi y'all. I know I haven't been here in so long that many of you won't know me or remember me.:o But here I am again, back on the wagon after much time spent dragging along behind it. I've finally decided that it's time to put the stress excuse aside and get myself back together. I've been OP 4 days now and hope that I can stick with it. I'm really disgusted with myself. I managed to gain back all my weight plus another 10 lbs.:yikes: Anyway, it's good to be back.

chrisd 11-11-2003 04:11 PM

Ok guys its official. I weighed myself today and Im up 5lbs. I did weigh in the afternoon, but I dont think that would of made THAT much of a difference. i am really sick to my stomach over this. there goes my goal for Christmas. I just really dont know how this could of happened. Granted I have been eating a little more than normal..but it was all legal and it wasnt THAT much more than normal. I feel like crap guys, Im very depressed over this.
Well Im gonna go sulk some more, just thought I would share my lovely news with you guys!

Chris

heartmom 11-11-2003 04:17 PM

I'm so angry and sad right now. Another HLHS child is gone. Very unexpectantly,too. She would have been a year old next month. She had been doing so good. Goes to show that CHD can take away precious life without warning. It's not fair that a child has to suffer and then do good and still be taken away without notice. Her mother said that she seemed fussy last night, and she gave her a bottle,etc. Then they went back to sleep, she awoke to Chloe making a strange moaning sound that she never heard before, so she immediately called 911. SHe went into respiratory failure on the way to the hospital and by the time she got there, she was brain dead and pupils were fixed. I'm sickened by this. I don't understand why it has to work this way. I just pray to the Lord that she will be comforted in this time, that she has the strength to get thru this. I'll be lighting a candle for Chloe(no I'm not Cathlioc, just doing it to honor her) this evening.

Okay, DEB- I'll forgive you for not knowing about the deer! When we were in Philly, we went to a Target there, and hubby was looking for hunting gear, there wasn't anything! He couldn't believe it.

CHERYL- Nope, not preggers!! I'm fixed, and TOM is here to prove it.

I'm still eating too many starches! I need to find better things for lunch and snacks other than sandwiches and triscuits, plus stay away from the SF ice cream. I'm still at 176 this AM. My exercise class is cancelled for the entire week, the instructor is in the hospital for a kidney infection(OW!). I did my 3 mile tape yesterday. Trying to talk myself into doing it again in just a few..

heartmom 11-11-2003 04:21 PM

CHRIS- I never weigh myself in the afternoon! It makes a HUGE difference for me, as much as 6 lbs. I could weigh myself right now and I bet I'm at least 4 pounds heavier than I was this morning. For every 16 oz. of water,etc that you drink, there's a pound, plus the weight of food. Best time to weigh is in the AM, after going to the bathroom. Don't be depressed, yet! Wait until the morning,lol. Seriously, you also could be retaining some fluid, which I'm famous for.

Solly 11-11-2003 04:40 PM

Good afternoon,

Getting ready to head home. I am trying to avoid getting some cashews. I haven't had one thing between meals today and I'm not hungry, just bored and killing time.

I fixed Ziti for dinner tonight. I guess that is what it is. Never fixed it before. I could feed an army there is so much. After I get out my 1 cup and DH's we will be eating on it for a week.

It is not raining here yet so I guess we will get our walk in. DH wouldn't let me miss it for the world. More hills again tonight. Secretly I think he's trying to kill me.

Deb, have a good day with the kids. Or do they not want to do things with Mom except let her be the driver?

Jecrites, my kids always had to write down their homework in a book. That way we could see that everything was done. You would think she would get tired of losing her lunch period. Maybe you should call the teacher.

Monet, thanks for the pie crust recipe. I sent it to my DS for her to make me. :lol: I can't make them myself. When you figure out that caramel cake to make it legal, I will be your tester. We care about you too!

Pancho, don't worry about your kids and enjoy your dinner. I'm sure you parents will watch them closely, they raised you alright. My niece's birthday is also the 27th

Agape, you all get more snow and cold weather then we do, but I am ready for summer already. Sorry I can't answer your question. Ask one of the cookers like Monet or Country.

Cheryl, glad your DD is doing so well on the SBD. She will be happy when she gets over the induction period I bet. I try to keep my carbs at 1 or 2 at the most.

Chrisd, Weighing in the afternoon, after 2 meals, will definately make you heavier. Don't get upset over it. Weigh again in the morning and see what you get.

Musicteach, Welcome back, Yes I do remember you. It seems if we leave this board, we gain out wt back. Glad you are resolved to do this again. WTG on 4 days OP.

Heartmom, how sad for that poor child and her family. I hate the loss of a child anytime, but during the holidays is 100 times worse. I pray for that family that they can find peace somehow.

Have a great evening. I'm off to check that link Deb posted for the recipes.

Good luck to everyone on WIW. Let's see some big losses.
Jackie
10-10-01

jecrites 11-11-2003 05:06 PM

Hello.

I'm just popping in for a few replies. Gotta figure out what's for dinner and I haven't thawed a thing out either. Do any of you ever get tired of being the one to decide what's for dinner?

Pancho, You hit the study hall thing right on the head. She's going because she's not doing some of it and then some of it she doesn't "remember" to turn it in on time. All the kids, except for Kindergarten and maybe 1st grade have a notebook thingy called an agenda that they have to write down their homework assignments. Well that's all fine and good, but what in the heck are you as a parent supposed to do when the child says yes they have completed that? And parents are required to sign the flippin thing every night just to prove to the teachers that we see it. It's very frustrating!

Agape, Honestly, I was afraid to try the cauliflower mashed taters because I don't like cauliflower, but I decided one day while at the grocery store we were gonna jump right in and try something different and new. I made sure to tell the girls to take just one bite because they may actually like it and not know it because they've never had it before. To my surprise, everyone likes it!

Heart, I am so sorry to hear about this little girl. I'll say a prayer for her family to be comforted.

Jack-k, She does write her assignments down in a notebook, but thing is how do I know she's actually done them? I guess I could always make her do it right there in front of me no matter if she has already done it and left it at school. I think she's thinking that whatever her little friends can get away with she can too, but boy oh boy is she in for another story!!!

Monet, I should call some of the other wives that have children older than tiny babies and see if they want to go to story time too, then I would have someone to talk to too. No really, I don't go there to be with people my age or anything like that, I go there because it's something good for Autumn to do and it gets me out of the house. I do have mornings where I would rather stay at home and not have to get myself and her ready to head out the door, but I tell myself that she'll be so disappointed and she really enjoys going, so I get my lazy self ready and we go. I used to be the type of person that cared about what other people thought of me, but now that I've been married for 11 years and have 3 kids, I could care less; I guess I've finally realized that there's no one that I have to impress anymore except myself, and if others can't or won't like me because of who I am, then I don't need them anyway. I was always left out of things growing up, even by my own cousins, and I can't stand that feeling now, and boy does hubby ever know it when he "accidentally" does that to me too.

Ok, now off to the kitchen to figure something out. I'll talk to y'all later.

Jenn

Ellen 11-11-2003 05:19 PM

Oh, wow! I found 100% whole wheat bagels today! They are made by Thomas- the English muffin people. They are not great, but ok. I ate two of them! Shame on me! From that, I went back to the cake, and ate a piece of each. Some body shoot me!

I had to run out and sign papers for Laura for joint enrollment for next semester. The coordinator of the program told me he wants to put her in the honors program at the college. Her SAT scores qualify her for it. She is thinking about staying at the junior college for another year to get core classes out of the way cheaply. We are still thinking of running over to Auburn this weekend to look at the campus there. It sure is going to be weird to have her out of high school next semester! Where did the time go?

Tonight is "Make Dinner for Your Massage Therapist" night. I am roasting a whole organic chicken stuffed with onions and rosemary out of the garden. I am also going to fix salad and yellow squash. I will be glad when they get past the first two weeks of the SoBe, so I can start fixing more 'normal' meals!

Off to check on dinner....

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 11-11-2003 05:33 PM

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!! :wave:

Another holy terror computer day! At 4p.m. I just got up and left! Now there are more glitches...this new program is web based, and I don't like it! BUT DANGIT...I'M BOUND AND DETERMINED!!!!

JACKIE...the HICKORY SAUCE has 7grams of sugar...that's not too bad, and I think a lot of it burns off on the grill. It's WONDERFUL, and for my chicken to taste that good, I'll do without something else just to have it!
OH....AND NOW FOR SOME L'VILL NEWS!!!
Your CHRISTMAS TREE for the city of Louisville is coming from the front yard of a co-workers MIL! They planted it after using it in their home one Christmas, and it is now over 70 feet tall! They plan to move it some time next week, and will have to shut down I-64 to get it downtown! :eek: I thought this was so neat, to know the people where the tree is coming from! Evidently, the tree was planted when Laurie's husband was a child. Cathy doesn't read the paper, so if you see a picture or article in the Courier Journal, would you please send it to me?
I'll email you my snail mail address.

LAURIE...So sorry to hear about the little munchkin..prayers and good thought go out to the family.

MONET....I'm interested in hearing about that cake too....can you post a picture of it?

CHRIS....EAT THOSE 8 STALKS OF CELERY THAT I TOLD LAURIE ABOUT....IT WILL GET THOSE POUNDS OFF!!!

AGAPE....it's CHOW CHOW and it's made from cabbage. Kate used to make it and I'll ask her if she still has her recipe to pass along to you.

MUSIC...WELCOME BACK!!!

JEC...I've never tried the faux tators...guess I'll have to give them a try!

DEB....guess we better plan a road trip to CINCY and kidnap KIM...

WELL...Sorry I missed some of you, but know that I'm thinking about each and every one of you! :grouphug:

BOB

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 11-11-2003 05:41 PM

Another new virus!
virus alert...
I thought you would want to know about this email virus. Even the most advanced programs from Norton or McAfee cannot take care ofthis one.
It appears to mostly affect those of us who were born prior to 1965 Symptoms:
1. Causes you to send the same e-mail twice.
2. Causes you to send a blank e-mail.
3. Causes you to send e-mail to the wrong person.
4. Causes you to send it back to the person who sent it to you.
5. Causes you to forget to attach the attachment.
6. Causes you to hit SEND before you've finished.
7. Causes you to hit DELETE instead of SEND.

It is called the C-Nile Virus!
:eek:

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 11-11-2003 05:59 PM

Celibacy

Celibacy can be a choice in life, or a condition imposed by environmental encounters. While attending a Marriage Encounter Weekend, Walter and his wife, Ann, listened to the instructor declare, "It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other." He addressed the men, "Can you name and describe your wife's favorite flower?"
Walter leaned over, touched Ann's arm gently and whispered, "Pillsbury All-purpose, isn't it?
And thus began Walter's life of celibacy.

Pancho 11-11-2003 06:49 PM

Good afternoon everybody:

I was not so good today. I had a slice of pumpkin cheesecake for breakfast. I always eat a good healthy breakfast, but didn't feel like it today. I also ate a chicken bowl from Taco bell (minus the chips -but did eat the rice), and a few FF. I am going to have an OP dinner and have a better OP day tomorow. They are calling for rain the next few days....we'll see if it comes to pass.

Kitty: You have educated yourself so much, and you will do great; better than those who walk into this woe blind.

chrisd: Thanks for the update on the cookies; I hope to make them this weekend. Hang in there, and don't give up. I alway weigh 3-4 pounds more in the afternoon than I do in the morning.

agape: My body fat percentage is going down, slowly but surely. It does feel good to know that I am replacing the fat with muscle.

music: I did not know you before, but look forward to getting to know you. Welcome back!

heart: I am so sorry to hear about Chloe; I will pray for her family tonight.

Jack-K: Thanks for the advice. I will enjoy myself at dinner. Being nervous will just make my mom nervous, so I will not let on that I am worried.

jecrites: I get so tired of deciding what's for dinner everynight. Thank goodness they don't deliver pizza to our area, or we'd be eating it 3x a week (just kidding). I follow you on the homework ordeal...good luck getting her straightened out!

I didn't thaw anything out for dinner, so we will finish off the pita bread topped with ref. beans, cheese, black olives, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce and tomatoes. Better go get it in the oven.

I hope everyone has a great WIW. See you then!

Take care,
Nat

agape3737 11-11-2003 07:12 PM

Hey Yall,
Just popping in before I head to the showers. I am going to retire early tonight. The little ones wore me out today. I have the two girls most of the day, and boy oh boy, their brother is here for about 45 mins and he thinks he is Bruce Lee, energy, energy, energy, what can I say?

Mom ~~ What is HLHS and CHD? I had a grandbaby to die a few yrs ago. It was indeed a nightmare. She died in my home from SIDS. It still takes my breathe away when I just look at her picture. I can tell you that God was the only source for my comfort and He didn't let me down. I, too, will pray for that family.

Welcome Back, Music Teach, we all fall by the wayside. You already know what to do, that's why you're here, so again welcome.

Jack-K ~~ You are mighty right about it getting cold here. If your head is stopped up, just go outside and the air will open you right up. The coldest it's been while I was here, back in '81, the temp dropped to -60. Can you believe that, there was an advisory not to go out unless there was an emergency. I will ask the experts about Cha Cha and Chutney.

Jecrites ~~ I like cauliflower so this should be a wiz for me. I need something different now and definitely feel you on trying to decide what to fix for dinner everyday.

Bob ~~ lol Well thank you mam, my mom was saying cha cha. That's why I asked her to spell it. That would be good if you could get the recipe for me. You will no doubt get that puter stuff straighten out. Good luck.
Oh my goodness, just read the joke, too much lol...ok, both of 'em

Pancho ~~ Keep up the good work, and we know that muscle burns fat, you go girl!

Monet and CountryMom ~~ Bob is trying to get recipe for Chow Chow, do you have any? Thanks in advance.

See yas later,
LJunel

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 11-11-2003 07:13 PM

http://www.hormoneprofile.com/locarb.htm

This is one of the BEST RECIPE SITES that I've seen in a long time.
It's done in pdf, so give the sections time to load

Let me know what y'all think!

BOB

KittyKat77 11-11-2003 07:28 PM

Cheryl-I think I'll skip the crackers or eat the ones I have until gone (not all at once!) and hopefully they won't stall me.

Agape-I was 16 when my Mom gave birth to my brother. I had read about SIDS not long before he was born and was so scared to death of it. I didn't sleep for a solid night for the first two weeks he was on earth. I figured after that and being so tired, he would be okay! Luckily he is a 10 year old 'boy'...UGH~

What is that other disease that you were talking about HEART?

I've done pretty good these first few days. I just hope this works for me!

ATTN EVERYONE: What were your success rates when you started SB and were legal for the first few months...long enough to tell the rate of weight loss. I know everyone is different but I just want a general idea. I have heard that since you can have more whole grains and fruits it's slower. I lost 20 pounds in seven weeks Somersizing before but you can't combine like you can on SB. No carbs w/ pro/fats...So, no more sandwiches, no more buttered bread...I just couldn't stand the thought of never being able to eat a sandwich again! :dizzy:

sef 11-11-2003 07:51 PM

HiedieHo All!

I had good intentions today but that was all!

Went to swim group, then to mall to pick-up DS & DIL's anniversary gift. Was going to use it for Christmas but thought a 20th was a special celebration, It is a picture frame with a mat that is cut out "OUR FIST CRUISE" thought it was neat.

I had intended to type up HFH minutes but I had a headache so thought a little snooze might help (have been sleeping lousy lately) that was 2p and I just worke up about 5:15p! Headache is a little better.

HEART: Hope you are feeling better. It's hard when you can't quite put your finger on the whole problem. Prayers for little girls family.

PANCHO: As I said I passed the pretzels by. Glad I did. Thanx.

DEB: You can give me your 2 cents anytime! I know you're right. I am lucky to have DS, DIL and GD, I know they really care. I did say I emailed DD that I would not go back with her as I was saving for an event in February, didn't I? City folk really need an education from us country folk! Bed set not so weird, I think modern is the word. Not my cuppa tho.

MONET: Know that lonesome feeling. I have a hard time mingling, so to speak, and hate those kind of get togethers. I just feel I never fit in! I wanted to hug you. Will have to llok for Thomas' here. I love english muffins and miss them.

TONI: Glad you enjoyed poem. I think the younger generation does not have the feeling about it that old foks like me do. Here they don't even consider it a holiday, there is school and business as usual. When the VFW etc have a ceremony there is only a handful of old folks there. Thanx about family, I know they mean well, and I do feel in the middle. You're right about getting to know people here on the internet. I hope we are all comfortable with one another in February.

JACKK: Thanx. Our Wally here has both kinds of ice cream. The SF caomes in a couple of flavors which now escape me.

MUSIC: Of course we remember you. Welcome back.

BOB: It is thrilling about the tree. We gave a blue spruce to our town one year and it felt great. Tree looked good too!

DAVE: Hope your day was filled with good memories. Did you see on the news where "Taps" will soon be eliminated from funeral services. The buglers are volunteers and there are so many funerals they can't keep pace. What a shame that will be, there's something about "taps" that adds to the solemnity asnd finality of it all.

Oh, I forgot. Weighed myself today and am down 7 pounds since I started swimming. I know it should be lower but I have been struggleing with emotions and food so I am pleased.

See you all again.

Take care, Shirley

Ellen 11-11-2003 08:03 PM

I am trying desperately to drown out the siren call of the cakes. Its getting really hard! I did stick to program tonight. I roasted an organic chicken with rosemary from the garden and onions stuffed in it, and served it with salad and sauteed yellow squash with onions. I don't know why, but organic meats just taste SO much better than regular meat. This chicken was really delicious.

KITTY: Its not a good idea to try to determine a weight loss rate for SB. Everyone IS different. It has taken me four years to lose 45 pounds. I have a friend who lost 38 in eight weeks. There are just too many individual factors that effect it. If you start looking for a norm, you are only going to frustrate yourself if you end up being a turtle loser. Whatever you lose in the first month or so is going to be normal for you.

BOB: You want to see a picture of the caramel iced praline chiffon cake? It honestly was not that much to look at. Just a 1/4 sheet cake covered with what looks like melted caramel, and sprinkled with broken pecans. :shrug:

JECRITES: I know how you feel about Thanksgiving and Christmas. My MIL always wanted us to come, and it was always chaotic, and there was all kinds of problems with the kids. On top of everything else, I always got really sick. One year, my husband decided that was it. We were NOT going, we were staying here and making our own memories. They pitched a fit and ended up coming up to our house for one afternoon, and acting all snotty about it too. It was not easy, but he was firm about it, and we have done the holidays on our own ever since. I am glad we do. Kids need to have memories of THEIR family, and not always grandparents, or it is going to be difficult on them when the grandparents are gone, and all their holiday memories have to suddenly be changed. For us, it has been a blessing. I have not been sick for the holidays since! (well, except for Mononucleosis last year! :) )

Well, I feel like a really dull person tonight, but I am so tired, I am going to get ready for bed! Night everyone!

agape3737 11-12-2003 07:25 AM

Just a quickie

Good morning,
This is really early for me. I've been up since 5:15 this morning, waiting for grands. I have a nice cup of coffee, a must, so that I may see. I did not like getting up early, you might call me a nighthawk, back in the day. It doesn't bother me like it used to.
I try to be reasonable about getting to bed at a decent hour these days.

I hope everyone gets off to a good start:wave: . I'll be back a little later today.

Later,
LJunel (slim and healthy)

Ellen 11-12-2003 07:47 AM

WIW

Good Morning! I am sorry to start off WIW on a negative note. I am up four this week. I am not surprised...its kind of PMS time so probably water weight, and then the naughty snacking I have done the last couple days. I feel sufficiently sobered, and will do my best to avoid the siren call of the cakes. They go to small group tonight, so hopefully the young single guys will make short work of them.

Tomorrow, it is back to work. :( I am not looking forward to anything but the paycheck! I have been feeling rather down lately, and all I want to do is sleep and read. Unfortunately, I have not been able to indulge those desires. I slept poorly last night, and I finished the book I was reading yesterday afternoon, and do not have another to start!

Hope WIW is better for everyone else!

Be back later! I am going to go cook a few eggs for breakfast!

Solly 11-12-2003 08:25 AM

Happy WIW. I hope everyone is happy today with their results.

The scale stayed the same for me. Story of my life, if it's not up.

I had the best dinner last night that I have had in a long time. From start to finish is was delish. We had a spinach salad with strawberries and a milk/mayo dressing which was such a nice change from the regular salad. So light. Then the ziti turned out great. It was hard to eat just 1 cup. Then we had choc pudding for dessert. I was so satisfied. Food ususally doesn't satisfy me unless it's a hamburger, fried something or other.

Jecrites, I'm with you on the dinner ideas. I could cook until the cows come home it someone would just tell me what to cook. I hate being the one to come up with the menu. I used to make the kids pick a menu for a night each week. Now it's just DH and me and he will eat anything. If DD tells you she has completed her homework, I would ask to see it. Doesn't hurt to check it out. Tehn ask her everyday if she turned it in. She will get tired of the ritual pretty soon.

Monet, those years go so quickly, once my girls got in HS they just flew. You better feed that cake to someone and not yourself. Sorry you are feeling so down.

Bob, sorry those computers are giving you so much trouble. New systems can be a nightmare. We don't get the weekly paper, but will keep an eye out for the tree article and send it to you. That is pretty neat. That's pretty tall.

Pancho, be careful with those cheats. They can get closer and closer.

Agape, I can't imagine what you went through with your grandbaby. I'm glad you found comfort and can go on.

Kitty, I lost 8-10 pounds a month, but I had over 100 pounds to lose. So that makes a difference. Plus I work out with wts and walk all the time and that helped. Oh and I never cheated until this year.

Sef, 7 pounds is awesome. Swimming is such great exercise. Keep up the good work. That was apower nap you had.

Have a great day! Be back later.

Jackie
257/156/145
10-10-01

Toni48 11-12-2003 08:39 AM

Good morning everyone. Having some coffee and then I need to get around and get dressed etc. Having a busy day today so I'll just write a short note. I lost 2 lbs. this week. I'm really pleased with that. Hope it keeps going in the right direction.... Will try to catch up later this evening..

Solly 11-12-2003 08:42 AM

Toni, WTG girl on the 2 pounds. It is coming right back off. Good work.

Jackie.

Debelli 11-12-2003 08:43 AM

Good WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY MORNING!:wave:

I am flat out pooped!:tired: I swear, sometimes I think SOMEONE is out for me! Last night I was tired, so I decided to go to bed early. Granted it was only 8:30pm:^: but I figured I'd get a really good nights sleep and get up and walk in the morning, that I'd be feeling rested and refreshed if I got in some extra hours. Come 2:30am I woke up to find ELI not in bed and the lights on in the house. Got up, he's watching TV (he had gotten home shortly before) and MICHAEL is still on the computer:eek: Went back to bed but couldn't fall back asleep. ELI finally came to bed but I couldn't do anything but lie there. Couldn't go to the computer since MICHAEL was on there so I just tossed and turned and tried to get back to bed. Not sure what time I finally dozed back off, that was, after MICHAEL went to bed and once again I had to get up and turn off the light from the 4th bedroom. So, this morning, I'm tired AND I'm feeling a slight headache coming on. Oh, and even if I'd of slept well, wouldn't you know it, it was raining this morning!:rain:

I had to look back on last weeks WIW to see if I had lost anything this week and thankfully it's 1lb. It was lower during the week but with TOM coming sometime soon I'll happily take it.

ELI is off today and we don't have to p/u the kids so we'll be doing the usual. Hoping maybe we can get in a movie today as well, depends on what's playing. I think he's off tomorrow as well. Will have to start getting ready for the garage sale on Saturday.

Not much else to say, so going to jump in to the replies...

JEC, I'm really surprised that they don't make the kids have the parents sign something and return it to the school when that happens so they KNOW the child gave it to the parents. What did KATIE say is the reason for all this? Hope you get it straightened out. I hope you can get the phone situation fixed. It would be terrible for someone to try and call you with an emergency and not be able to reach you.

MONET, I wouldn't care about how the cake looks, how it tastes is what I'm in for. My DM makes a really good cake called an apple dapple cake and it has a topping that sounds the same that's delish. I usually pick the outside of the cake to eat first. I also love my BIL's cream cheese pound cake - it's to die for!!! I've made a delicious ww angel food cake which the recipe is on the board - easy and not hard to do at all. LMK if you want the recipe and I'll search out for you. I'm sure you'll drown out those cake sirens, that or you can throw the darn *****es in the garbage!!!!

PANCHO, I may venture to try making some ww pretzels one day, a small batch. When we go to AA we always ask them to make our pretzels with no butter and very light salt, if any. Oh, and we like them extra crispy:) Hope you enjoy your dinner Sat without much worry about the kids. I'm sure your parents will watch them around the pool.

KITTY, more important with eating the fruit is you get the fiber. What people don't realize is how many oranges does it take to make the glass of juice you drink. If you realized what an actual serving of an orange would be, you'd be surprised. My kids drink a huge glass of oj, probably the equivalent of eating 6 oranges:eek: I hardly buy it due to this reason. The old days, those little juice glasses that are so hard to find in homes these days, that's a serving. As for the rates of loss, as MONET said, it's so different in every person. Body composition, how much they have to lose, do they exercise, etc. Don't worry about the numbers, look more at how you feel. One - two pounds a week are a good average, but there may be some weeks you don't lose a thing-it happens and one can't get discouraged - easier to say than to be, but I think that happens to so many people and they throw in the towel whereas if they were patient a little while longer they'd see their efforts pay off.

AGAPE, I can only tell you about my personal experiences and those of people I know who know someone who's had it. The way mine was done is outdated but still, the problems one can have are some of the same. Just to let you know, you can lose the weight and you can gain it right back if you're not careful. Let's just say, ice cream and chocolate slide down very easily:s: Don't let people think there's not risks, no matter what procedure. People have died, from something as much as drinking too much water (article was in the paper). My friend GAIL knows a lot of people at work doing it and she would tell me how she'd see people gaining the weight back, that they were eating nacho chips and other junk food. It's not something to go in to lightly. I think if someone has tried all other avenues whole hearted and can't lose, then fine, but if they do a ridiculous diet, or something like SB half assed, they can't say they can't lose weight, they never really tried and if they don't learn to eat properly, this won't work in the long run. I speak from expereince.

CHERYL, LAUREN is off Phase I and was thrilled to eat a sandwich yesterday. I think she ate too many starchy carbs, but she wants to do this HER way and doesn't want me to say anything unless she asks - teenage attitude!

MUSIC, glad to see you back again - FYI, we're having an SB GET TOGETHER not far from you in Feb - you should come so we can kick your butt back in to high gear;) Seriosuly, glad to see you've gotten 4 days OP under your belt, those are the hardest.

CHRIS, NEVER weigh yourself after the morning, your body can go up hourly. As mentioned, there's too many reasons to see the scale fluctuate. I highly doubt you've eaten calories so in excess that you'd gain 5lbs. One thing I always say, PATIENCE IS A MAIN KEY TO THIS WOE. I've learned that if you wait it out you'll see the scale drop. So many diets in the past I'd see a gain such as yours, when I was being 100% OP and I knew I shouldn't of gained but here I was gaining, so I'd just throw in the towel and pig out:pig: BUT, when I started SB I realized that there are certain times of the month, among other things, that you can easily gain and I found if I was patient and just continued OP as I had been, those pounds would disappear as easily as they appeared. I even kept a graph of my weight losses and gains for a couple years and I could show you every month when I'd expect the scale to go up - so don't fret!!!!

HEART, sorry to hear about the other child, that's so sad. Okay, would you believe, I was telling my DM about the deer thing and SHE knew what an 8 point was! I was shocked! I asked her how she knew and she said, "we do have deer in Rochester!" Born an raised in Miami, I have a good excuse for not knowing;)

JACKK, kids don't even want me to be the driver since they got their restricted!!

BOB, you KNOW I'm game to go just about anywhere! Hmm, how far is Cin from NO? Hope work isn't so bad today.

SEF, CONGRATS!!!! WOO HOO 7lbs! That's awesome!!!:bravo: Good job!! I'm so excited to see that loss for you. You hadn't mentioned that about going back with DD, but I'm glad you did:D I'm looking forward to getting some country folk talking to at the SB GET TOGETHER. When Harry Conick Jr. was on Oprah last week he said when you go to NO you have to talk the language - guess you'll have to teach me some of that when I get there, okay dahling???;)

TONI, CONGRATS on your 2lb loss this week!!!!:cp:

Okay, going to go see what I can make for breakfast. Already had some raspberries. Maybe make a mini pizza on a low carb tortilla, not sure, hmmm, maybe some eggs.

I'll check in later.

{{{HUGS}}}:grouphug:

http://members.aol.com/eldemila/Debbie_fairy.jpg

http://home.new.rr.com/kitanniweb/atkins/14.gif

jecrites 11-12-2003 08:59 AM

WIW

Hello everyone.

Well I guess you could say the scales were good to me. I didn't gain but I didn't loose either. I'm still at 190, but that's way better then the 230 I started out at!!! I'm hoping that next week I'll hit the 180's, even if it's the high 180's, at least I'll be down to where I haven't seen the numbers in about 5 years. Heck, I'm already doing that.

Don't have much time since it's library day and I need to hit the shower and get Autumn up and ready to go. I just skimmed the posts that I didn't get to read yesterday, and have a few replies. I plan on reading them all when I get back from the library.

I decided to make chili last night. We haven't had that in a long long time, so I figured that would be good. I made twice the amount I would normally make thinking there would be left overs, NOT! There's enough left in there for hubby to have lunch and that's it! Of course I've been feeding hubby's friend that's been moved up here too, but really I don't mind. I also made some cornbread for everyone else, but I couldn't resist the urge to have a piece with some butter on it, I have always loved hot buttered cornbread, but one piece is all I had and won't be having any more. It turned out pretty good for someone that hasn't made it in a long long long time!

Monet, While we lived in Shreveport we would go to his mom's every Thanksgiving and then to my mom's for Christmas. We were only 2 1/2 hours away from his mom's house, and she's only 2 hours away from my mom's. Plus down there the kids would be out the whole week of Thanksgiving, here they only get Wed. Thurs. and Fri. and that's not enough time for me to go to his mom's and then to mine and have time to enjoy anything. And then there's the situation of his sister and her family staying with his parents right now too. It's all a big mess! I know how it is to always have holidays at grandparents house and then all of a sudden it stops. We would always go to my grandparents house for Christmas, and after I got married I couldn't do that anymore, and then in '93 my GF passed away, I think that was the hardest Christmas I ever had. To me, it's not any different when we do the holidays on our own, it's just that the rest of "the family" isn't there. The only reason hubby wants to go at Thanksgiving is to go hunting anway. I'd rather not go, but I'm sure we'll end up doing what he wants anyway, we normally always do.

Agape, It's funny that I don't really like cauliflower but I have grown to like broccoli!

Pancho, Wouldn't it be a dream if we could eat pizza 3x's a week and not gain an ounce?! My brother is like that, he can eat whatever he wants whenever he wants and he never gains anything. I want to know why I didn't get that gene too!!! He's a stick, and has cookies and milk just about every night before going to bed. I think I may have gotten through Katie on her homework mess, after the spanking she got yesterday morning for not fininshing something and having to rush to get it done before school started. Hubby also had a long chat with her about it all too. Lord help me when she gets into those stubborn teenage years!

BOB, You should def. give the faux taters a try. They are pretty good, and I don't like cauliflower!

Jackk, Yeah I agree. I'll cook just about anything (except for the wild animals hubby kills)! I just get so sick and tired of being the only one who has to think of what to cook. My DH is like yours too, he'll eat anything, and I mean anything. He has eaten animals that belong in the zoo while he was in Saudi and traveling to different places. Thanks for the advice on Katie, I'll try to remember to ask her everyday if she's turned the homework in, (I say try because my brain is getting old and fried and I sometimes can't remember what I've done and not done)!

Deb, She just tells me that she forgets to turn it in on time. I have no idea what story she gave her dad last night. I'm hoping that we got it worked out, and I'm going to be going through her backpack every day to make sure she's done everything, so if she's got stuff in there she doesn't want me to see then she'd better get it out! That stupid phone has now started telling people that all circuits are busy! Andy, the guy we know from Barksdale, tried calling hubby yesterday for about 2 hours and kept getting that message, then MIL called and got the same thing. Luckily when she called the phone started to ring and then stopped, but the caller ID picked her up and I called her back. Like I said, I'm checking into a reg. house phone after the first of the year, this is getting ridiculous!!!

Ok, off to the shower now. I'll be back later on.

Jenn

fatboydrew 11-12-2003 09:17 AM

Please help

I posted this in the main forum, but decided to post here.....hoping some of you can help.

I have been on SB for about 2 1/2 weeks. I have almost gained all my weight back. I had about a week ago lost 12 pounds.

I am not cheating, nothing has changed really. Any ideas or thoughts on what my problem my be?

drew

mom2jared 11-12-2003 09:26 AM

Morning,

Thought I would report in for WIW. Looks like I am down 1 lb which I will take since I have had TOM since Monday. Since TOM is not gone yet, I may have lost more but we will have to see. Something is going on because I returned the size 12 pants to Ann Taylor and tried on the size 10. It was a little tight but I can at least breathe. Hopefully by the time TOM leaves for the month, I can zip up the pants without it being tight. I am seeing quite a change since starting SB because my pants are looser and my stomach has gone down. I sware that since Jared was born, the shape of my tummy has changed. Maybe its just me but I can definitely tell that something is different. I spoke to my mother yesterday and told her that although I am losing weight like I want to, I am making a lifestyle change that will help my blood sugar levels so even if I don't lose all the weight I want, at least my blood sugar levels will be under control. Its a big adjustment but I can do it.

Well I'm off to the Dermatologist to get some meds for my Psyorsis and then picking up Jared from day care.

Talk to you later!

Ilana

The Quilter 11-12-2003 09:41 AM

Day three and counting. Look who's on a roll!!

I don't know how much I'll be on. We are off to northern Ohio. My dad was rushed to the hospital last night with severe shortness of breath. There was fluid in his lungs. Could be emphazema or congestive heart failure. We aren't sure. So we are leaving in the next few minutes to go and see what's what. My bro and SIL sound exhausted. Thank God Mom and Dad were with them when this happened. Please pray for our safety and my family.

Sorry I can't respond to everyone. I have so much to say to each of you my sweet friends. I guess it will have to wait.

BTW, I was up 2.2 pounds last night at WW. That's not too bad. At least I went to the meeting and didn't just quit.

Gotta run. Hugs to all.
Kimmy

Pancho 11-12-2003 10:40 AM

Just lost a novel-long post when my computer disconnected....pisses me off. Anyway, I am up up 2# from yesterday; I am at 123.5# today. Jack is right about those little cheats adding up. BUT, I am really o.k. with it. My true ultimate goal is TO NEVER SEE ANYTHING ABOVE 125# EVER AGAIN. I don't mind fluctuating between 120-125#, and don't want to go too much below 120#.

I got up at 4:15 to get to gym by 5 since DH had an early morning meeting. I got a great workout in, and even drove to the gym when it was raining outside.

Kitty: I lost about 18 pounds in 4 1/2 months when I started SB and didn't have a lot to lose. I have maintained that loss for the past few months.

Sef: Congrats on the 7# loss; who cares if it could have been more, it could have been less too. Be proud of your loss.

Monet: Sorry to hear about your 4# gain, as well as your restless night's sleep. Hope today/tonight is better for you.

Jack-K: Holding steady is not a bad thing; at least you had no gain. I know what you mean about those cheats adding up. I am going to enjoy my anniversary dinner on Saturday and then it is 100% OP until Thanksgiving.

Toni: Congrats on the 2# loss.

Deb: It is raining here as well today. Sorry to hear about your crappy night's sleep. I slept o.k, but just didn't get enough of it. Congrats on the 1#. I am going to enjoy my dinner on Saturday and not worry about the girls; my parents are capable. I am just a worrier by nature, when it comes to my girls.

jecrites: You'll see the 180's soon; you've done so well. My DH is like your DB; he can eat anything he wants, but tends to eat healthier than most. He has got an awesome metabolism and great body to show for it. It makes me sick! Not the great body, but the lack of work he has to show for it. He lifts weights 2-3x a week and does cardio on those days as well, and stays active, but he can eat anything/everything. We do have our work cut out for us when our girls turn into teenagers:dizzy: .

drew: I will let someone else answer your question, since I have no explanation, but hope you will stay around and give SB a fair trial. Welcome aboard.

Mom: Congrats on the 1# loss. Guess you need a size 11; too bad they don't size pants that way, huh? My stomach has never been the same since having kids, esp. my last one. My stomach stretched out so far, and now I have saggy skin. I am starting to finally develop some muscle tone on tummy, but if I bend over, watch out...for saggy, baggy elephant:lol: .

Quilter: I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Please keep us updated on your DD's condition. Have a safe trip!

Well, I have gotta run. I have done well today. I had a zucc. muffin on way to gym, and just had some nsa yogurt with flax meal and nuts. I am going to be good today and the rest of the week...promise!!

Talk to you all later!
Nat