Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: With the Holiday Season here, what are your predictions on the scale come New Years
I think I will stay the same as I am now. 2 8.33%
I suspect I will be up 1-2lbs from where I am now. 2 8.33%
I speculate I will be up 3-4lbs from where I am now 3 12.50%
I worry I will be up 5lbs or more from where I am now. 0 0%
I believe I will have lost 1-2lbs from where I am now. 0 0%
I hope I will have lost 3-4lbs from where I am now. 8 33.33%
I expect I will have lost 5-10lbs from where I am now. 6 25.00%
I trust I will have lost more than 10lbs from where I am now. 3 12.50%
I think you better come looking for me after New Years! 0 0%
Other (care to explain ?) 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 11:37 AM   #181  
sef

HiedieHo All!

My usual type day. Swim class then to church to help with the 10000 Village sale. I bought (that wasn't my help) a basket in colors that matched DD's swatch she had sent me of her furniture. I usually remember colors pretty well so I think it was a good match. Also bought a bracelt or GD. I also said "Get behind me Satan to all the Krispy Kreme doughnuts that were there for the workers. I dutifully sipped my coffee. I did have a oiece of Hershey's SF choc bar. Rather have Stover's anyday. The rest of the time I clerked. I was smart pulled chili out of the freezer. So supper was not a problem.

DS came home from his trip today and carried the two armoires upstairs for me. The're stacked in my bedroom with a blanket over them. I wrapped the "Our First Cruise" picture frame. Will give it to them tomorrow as they are leaving Sunday.

I might not get on tomorrow. HFH is starting an accelerated build on three houses. We 're having ground breaking and a tree dedication (in honor of the woman I told you about who died). Don't know how long I will be there, will probably hang around to see if I can help with lunch or something. We had a board meeting last night and I was up late typing minutes that were needed for a grant application. Almost forgot before I go there I have hair appt.

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREENRN!!!!!!!!

SUZY: I don't think I welcomed you to this wonderful board. You'll like it here.

DAVE: How great your wife has joined you in SB. I am sure it is so much easier. Although for the most part I don't cook separately unless we're having potatoes or rice. I use the 100% semolina so pasta is not a problem.

DEB: Thanx for posting cakes. You have to bring me up on my Jewish expressions. I grew up near Bradley Beach (some call it Bagel Beach), we had a lot of Jewish friends. will check board foe the souffles.

TONI: It's a true thing once you start doing things you miss them if you stop. Getting out and about keeps us alert and energetic................well sometimes there are people who over do! Then the enrgetic part gets a little fuzzy!

JACKK: Thanx for the dressing post.

WOOD: You will love HI. My DD lived there a few years and of course I visited. I loved it. Living there she knew all these little out of the way beaches that needed a 4x4 to get to them.

AGAPE: Glad you survived the storm. That Mother was indeed being watched over.

DREW: You seem to have determination. I hope the hints will help you. Sometimes we just need a little direction. You are heading toward a slimmer you and then can change your name to SlimDrew!

QUILT: Sorry to hear about DF. I hope he is improving. Just read your later post. Glad he did not have heart atteck. Will continue with the prayers.

MOM: Okay, take a deep breath! Things are bad but they and you will get better. Sending a hug and prayers.

KENG: When I reenter all the files you can bet I'm going to get my GD to show me how to back up the files to a disk. I really not a wiz at computers!

MONET: Okay, I'll bite (no pun intended!). What is a "Humpty Dumpty" sandwich? Clean out the icebox and put it between 2 slices of bread? Or egg? If nothing else you stood up to your manager and got things off your chest. Hope he sees the light and makes changes you can live with if you want to continue work.

Going to take a break. Poirot is on and I think it is one I haven't seen.

Next day - Did get my hair cut and have a few minutes so thought I would continue reading here.

CHERYLCO: Loved the elf!!!!

LIFE: Welcome.

Well have to go but must leave a couple of FFs:

LIFE BEYOND FIFTY:

Maybe it's true that life begins at fifty. But everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out.

There are three signs of old age. The first is your loss of memory, the other two I forget.

You're getting old when you don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go along.

Middle age is when work is a lot less fun and fun a lot more work.

Statistics show that at the age of seventy, there are five women to every man. Isn't that the darndest time for a guy to get those odds?

You know you're getting on in years when the girls at the office start confiding in you.

Middle age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.

By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step,
he's too old to go anywhere.

Middle age is when you have stopped growing at both ends, and have begun to grow in the middle.

Of course I'm against sin; I'm against anything that I'm too old to enjoy.

Billy Graham has described heaven as a family reunion that never ends. What must **** possibly be like? Home videos of the same reunion?

A man has reached middle age when he is cautioned to slow down by his doctor instead of by the police.

Middle age is having a choice of two temptations
and choosing the one that will get you home earlier.

You know you're into middle age when you realize that caution is the only thing you care to exercise.

At my age, "getting a little action" means I don't need to take a laxative.

Don't worry about avoiding temptation._As you grow older, it will avoid you.

The aging process could be slowed down if it had to work its way through Congress.

You're getting old when getting lucky means you find your car in the parking lot.

You're getting old when you're sitting in a rocker
and you can't get it started.

You're getting old when your wife gives up sex for Lent, and you don't know until the 4th of July.

You're getting old when you wake up with that morning-after feeling, and you didn't do anything the night before.

The cardiologist's diet: if it tastes good, spit it out.

Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news:
the good news is that you are not a hypochondriac.

It's hard to be nostalgic when you can't remember anything.

You know you're getting old when you stop buying green bananas.

Last Will and Testament: Being of sound mind, I spent all my money.
Can you cry under water?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

If money doesn't grow on trees then why do banks have branches?

Since bread is square, then why is sandwich meat round

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"...but it's only a "penny" for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people said they "slept like a baby" when babies
wake up like every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

If you drink Pepsi at work in the Coke factory, will they fire you?

Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in
binoculars to look at things on the ground?

How come we choose from just two people for President and fifty for Miss America?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway.

If a 911 operator has a heart attack, whom does he/she call?
and finally...

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?
Three dead bodies turn up at the mortuary, all with very big smiles on their faces. The coroner calls the police to tell them what has happened.
_
"First body: Frenchman, 60, died of heart failure while making love to his mistress. Hence the enormous smile, Inspector", says the Coroner.
_
"Second body: "Scotsman, 25, won a thousand pounds on the lottery, spent it all on whisky. Died of alcohol poisoning, hence the smile."
_
The Inspector asked, "What of the third body?"
_
"Ah," says the coroner, "this is the most unusual one.
Boudreaux the coon-*** from Louisiana, 30, struck by lightning.
_
" "Why is he smiling then?" inquires the Inspector.
_
"Thought he was having his picture taken."
_**************************************
On a flight to Chicago, a gentleman had made several attempts to get into the men's restroom, but it had always been occupied. The flight attendant noticed his predicament.
_
Sir, she said, "You may use the ladies room if you promise not to touch any of the buttons on the wall."

He did what he needed to, and as he sat there he noticed the buttons he had promised not to touch. Each button was identified by letters: WW, WA, PP, and a red one labeled ATR. Who would know if he touched them?
_
He couldn't resist. He pushed WW. Warm water was sprayed gently upon his bottom. What a nice feeling, he thought. Men's restrooms don't have nice things like this.
_
Anticipating greater pleasure, he pushed the WA button. Warm air replaced the warm water, gently drying his underside.
_
When this stopped, he pushed the PP button. A large powder puff caressed his bottom adding a fragile scent of spring flowers to this unbelievable pleasure. The ladies restroom was more than a restroom, it is tender loving pleasure.
_
When the powder puff completed its pleasure, he couldn't wait to push the ATR button which he knew would be supreme ecstasy.
_
Next thing he knew he was in a hospital as soon as he opened his eyes. A nurse was staring down at him with a smirk on her face.
_
"What happened?" he exclaimed.
_
"You pushed one too many buttons, "replied the nurse. "The last button marked ATR was an Automatic Tampon Remover. Your penis is under your pillow."
_
Men Never Listen.
_*******************************
_A nun was going to Chicago. She went to the airport and sat down waiting for her flight. She looked over in the corner and saw one of those weight machines that tell your fortune. So, she thought to herself "I'll give it a try just to see what it tells me." She went over to the machine and put her nickel in, and out came a card that said, "You're a nun you weigh 128 lb. and you are going to Chicago, Illinois."

She sat back down and thought about it. She told herself it probably tells everyone the same thing, but decided to try it again. She went back to the machine and put her nickel in. Out came a card that read,_ "You're a nun, you weigh 128 lb., you're going to Chicago, Illinois and you are going to play a fiddle."

The nun said to herself, "I know that's wrong, I have never played a musical instrument a day in my life." She sat down again. From nowhere, a cowboy came over and set his fiddle case down next to her. The nun picked up the fiddle and just started playing beautiful music. Startled, she looked back at the machine and said, "This is incredible. I've got to try it again," Back to the machine. She put her nickel in and another card came out.

It said, "You're a nun, you weigh 128 lbs., you're going to Chicago, Illinois and you're going to break wind.

Now, the nun knows the machine is wrong; "I've never broke wind in public a day in my life! Well, she tripped, fell off the scales and accidentally broke wind. Stunned, she sat back down and looked at the machine. She said to herself,"This is truly unbelievable! I've got to try it again."

She went back to the machine, put her nickel in and collected the card.

It said, "You're a nun, you weigh 128 lbs., you have fiddled and farted around and missed your flight to Chicago.
The Sermon: The church was full. A young woman with a wonderful figure, and not nearly enough clothes to hide it all, came in late. She strode down the center aisle, close to the front, and sat down.

It was plain to the preacher that he had lost all the men at the service to this voluptuous beauty. He shook his hands at her and said, "You are the Jezebel. The good book tells us about the likes of you. You have corrupted the mind of every man in this building with evil thoughts.

But, I am a man of God! You don't affect me, you evil woman. Right now up in Heaven, Saint Finger is shaking his Peter at you!"
Read between the lines and you will find.........ANOTHER VENGEFUL WOMAN

Dear Tide,

I'm writing to say what an excellent product you have. I've used it since the beginning of married life, when my Mom told me it was the best. In fact, about a month ago, I spilled some red wine on my new white blouse. My husband started to berate me about my drinking problem. One thing led to another and I ended up with a lot of his blood on my white blouse as well.

I tried to get the stain out using a bargain detergent, but it just wouldn't come out. After a quick trip out, I stopped and got a bottle of liquid Tide with bleach alternative, and all of the stains came out! They came out so well, in fact, that the DNA tests were negative!

I thank you, once again, for a great product. Well, gotta go. I have to write a letter to the Hefty bag people.

Bye

Take care, Shirley
Old 11-15-2003, 12:28 PM   #182  

Smile My favorite kind of day

both of my boys have their friends over and are playing wonderfully together and keeping each other occupied, the housework is just about done (other than the laundry) and we don't have anything on our calendar until 4:00 when we have CYO basketball practice. It will be a nice and relaxing day Tomorrow is another story - but that is okay - I'll enjoy today while I have it.

Well - went to Bingo last night with my gf and won one game. Got $17.00 because two other people also won - but had a great time. It was nice to get out and do something different for a change.

JACK-K - I'm not sure about the Wild Oats health food store - I think we probably do, but I'll have to do a little investigating as to exactly where. My DH (let's see if I get these abbreviations right - I really stink at this computer language thingy - ha ha) works in a supermarket and there is a Wild Harvest section in the store that only carries organic and natural foods. He is so cute - he knew I was interested in ww tortilla chips, etc. and he went through the whole section on his break to try and find some. He even went to the grocery manager and inquired and the grocery manager also referred me to TJ's. So I guess I'll be heading to TJ's soon. There is one in the Boston area and I can't imagine that I won't be in Boston before the holidays . . . Thank you for all of your suggestions - I really appreciate it!

PANCHO - Hope that your anniversary was great and that things went well. Sounds like your husband is very supportive - mine is also - makes this whole diet thing a little easier. However, I can't see my husband giving up his Coke anytime soon

CHERYLCO - That is great about your kids and SB - my kids will eat SB foods and not even know that they are doing it. They'll see me eating sugar free jello and think that is awesome and want some too! They don't really eat a lot of junk food - they love fruit but are not that big on veggies. But they are both very thin (my oldest weighs 56 lbs and the other one may weigh 43 lbs) so sometimes "real" food is okay for them.

BOB - sounds like you are a big movie buff. My DH and I are also. Let me know if you have any highly recommended rentals - I'm always looking for something good. Have you seen the Life of David Gale yet? It was good.

SEF - thank you for the welcome - I look forward to chatting with you in the future . . .

COUNTRYMOM - thanks for the sunset - it was beautiful! Do you do a lot of photography? It is one of my hobbies and pastimes.

BEV - Welcome to the board! I'm new here too so we can learn together . . .

Okay - I'm off to do some painting. I do decorative painting on wood products and Xmas ornaments, etc. It is kind of like therapy to me . . . and keeps me away from the kitchen - lol

SuzyB
Old 11-15-2003, 12:47 PM   #183  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN THE SEC!!!!

Good afternoon all! It's a BIG DAY in the SEC EAST....here are
BOB'S PICKS for the day!!!

GO VOLS!!! beat MS STATE!!!

GO GAMECOCKS!!!! beat THEM GATORS!!

GO TIGERS!!! beat THEM DAWGS!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!! beat BAMA!!!

If BOB'S predictions are correct, then
that puts MY VOLS #1 IN THE SEC EAST!!!

OH MY GAWD!!!! My Brother and my Cousin were just on TV...they are doing an interview with the SEC Commissioner and there they are....all deck out in THEIR ORANGE!!

Now, let me tell y'all about that terrible smell in my den! Last night I went out to the laundry room to get something out of the extra fridge and there on the floor in front of the chest freezer sat a whole chicken that I had sat there while rummaging in the freezer at the first of the week! All the blood had drained out of the bird and dried to the floor and the chicken was ROTTEN!!!
OH MY GAWD WHAT A MESS!!! But......let me tell you how sweet my den smells now!

Gotta go....this game is too good to miss! GO GAMECOCKS!!

BOB
Old 11-15-2003, 12:49 PM   #184  

SUZY
The Life Of David Gale was one of the BEST movies that I've seen in a while! Glad to have another buff among us....MONET and her DH are also movies buffs....
I'll keep you posted!

BOB
Old 11-15-2003, 01:42 PM   #185  

Gheeeez, when is this board gonna slow down? Not that I really want it to, but I can't keep up.

I got to the gym this morning and then to JC Penney's for their big sale. Got some underwear and a few pairs of casual type pants. Also made my weekend Starbuck's stop.

My DH is out taking advantage of a massage cert. that I got him for his b-day last month. I still have to get a shower so we can go out to dinner; we are gonna go tonight. We are going to a place called Firebirds Lodge. It sounds like a nice romantic place, and my parents gave us $50 toward our dinner.

Anyway....on to a few replies before I go clean this sweaty body.

chrisd: Another Simba?! I actually got Nala; I think she is cuter; plus I have two girls and they would probably want Nala. The Tell-All was fun, but nothing too unpredicatable. I am going to enjoy my dinner tonight; eat what I want, within reason, and have a drink or two.

Deb: AT least Michael isn't lazy in life! Congrats to him on his SAT score; he should be very proud. Hope your sale is going well.

agape: thanks for the sweet attachment!!

Monet: Hope you feel better getting that off your chest with your boss. Good luck talking to the wicked -itch.

BOB: I can't wait for the finale next week; if he proposes I will be floored!! We are enjoying our beautiful weather as well; in the mid 70's.

Jack-K: My parents are still going to watch Delaney even though she has a bit of a cold. I don't like to take the kids over when they are sick though. My parents are raising my niece (who is now 20, and going to college), but she has always been a sick, frail little thing (due to choices my older sister made when preg). A minor cold to her turns into something much worse since her immune system is not so strong. My mom also has cancer, and I don't like to see her get sick either. I think the worst of this cold is over for Lane though. I guess a few slices of rye bread is not so bad, if those are your only carbs for the day, huh?

Fillise: That is why I try to avoid all those home parties.....I tend to get carried away as well. I am excited to hear about Ruby Tuesdays. It sounds as if Subway and Blimplies are catching on too. I also heard that at Don Pablos, you can get a low carb marg, and low carb fajitas.

Life: Welcome; there is always room for another in this group. We look forward to getting to know you. Good luck reaching your goal. You will get all your answers here, as well as a lot of support.

Well, better run!! I don't know if I will be back on before Monday, so don't get carried away with posts!!! .

Take care!
Nat
Old 11-15-2003, 02:18 PM   #186  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon!

My pants are getting tight. A much better way for me to tell what's going on with my body than the scales. I thought I was actually starting to go down but I was kidding myself. But that's okay. It will get better. The cheeze nips are gone. I haven't bought chips in bulk the last two times I went to the store. And I'm going back to my way of eating when I am hungry and not out of habit.

Welcome Bev!!!!!!!!!! These guys are the greatest. They've pulled me through many slumps and celebrated when the times have been good. I hope that you like this way of eating. I've been doing it for almost 3 years and wouldn't have it any other way. Unless I could be naturally skinny and eat myself silly...LOL But since that isn't an option I truly like this way of eating.

Suzy...I LOVE taking pictures. I have this vision in my head when I see things. I just need to learn how to capture it on film. Every now and then when I get that just right shot it makes all my mistakes worth it. I told Robert I need a new place to take sunsets. I took almost a roll and half just from two sunsets out my back door. Maybe one day you can give me some pointers.

Deb...tell your son WTG! That is great about his SAT's. I hope you ended up getting some rest.

I have to finish putting up the last of the pumpkin butter. I am soooo glad to be through with the pumpkins. I think I've eaten half a gallon of seeds this morning. They are so addicting.

Love,
Crystle

235/157 (agh)/140-135
Old 11-15-2003, 02:51 PM   #187  

Angry SATURDAY EVENING Y'ALL!

How's Everybody?
Doing just fine and dandy. Today is a little gloomy, but it will not dim my day after that beautimus "reminder of blessings" that Debbie sent us. Who could have a bad day after seeing and reading that?

Debbie, that was so touching that us sent us, thanx. Have you ever tried drinking warm milk before going to bed. I use to drink it to help me sleep and it worked for me or chamomile tea (Celestrial Seasoning/ Sleepy Time) and valerian (will help you sleep). I'm getting concerned now, even iron wears out. I don't want to see something happens, like you literally passing out. NOTHING is worth your health, go and get something. My Mom takes nothing without asking her doc, but, one night she woke me up, something made her nervous, then she made me nervous, and I made she and I a double strenght cup of Sleepy Time(2 bags). Do something, so you can sleep, it's well over time for DEBBIE! Much CONGRADS to Michael!

Fillise, I can relate about spending money, I went the other night to get spinach and ended up spending $50, I wish I had stayed home. I like the agave, too. Amen, on the fountain of youth! Ruby Tues. is one of my favorites, loved the hot wings. A friend and I make hast to the salad bar, quite accomodating.

Quilter, Everything will work out for DD {{{HUGS}}}.What about protein shakes. Whey is very good and low fat. They also have different flavors and some are even fortified with vitamins, etc. The winds, what can I say. I was afraid for my grands, that they would fly out like kites, lol. I am indeed holding on...

its_my_life, WELCOME to Sugar Busters. Glad to have you here. Jump right in and fire away with all of the questions you may have. People here are friendly and helpful This is the place to be.

Sef, Thank you much. Did you ever find out what happened to your files? I like Poirot, too, in fact I like most detective shows. enjoy the rest of your day.

Bob, Oh my goodness, YUK!! Everbody say yuk three times, uyk yuk yuk ! I know you are sooooooo you found the culprit. Been there and done that. Glad den smell wondermus.

Pancho, You're so welcome.

It is getting that time for me to get off and get a move on. Prob b/b later.

So long,

Last edited by agape3737; 11-15-2003 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:31 PM   #188  

Ok all you SWEET TOOTH BUSTERS here's a link to some goodies you will enjoy

http://escribe.com/health/100clubatk...html?bID=47484

BOB
Old 11-15-2003, 03:58 PM   #189  
sef

HiedieHo All!

TheHFH groundbreaking, house dedication and tree dedication (I am "ceremonyed" out!) were very nice. A lot of people showed to start ground clearing for the three houses. It reallt is exciting to think about all that has to be done and to see the joy the future homeowner's are sharing. The new homeowner was such a hard worker, she put her all into the sweat equity part of requirement. It was just a great afternoon.

AGAPE: My GD thinks it might have gotten lost when we had the computer repaired not too long ago. But they are lost forever.

BOB: How gross. Terrible what a senior moment can do! I've done the same thing. Just licky enough to have found out before a big stink was made.

Think I am going to take 40 winks._
_
Take care, Shirley
Old 11-15-2003, 04:35 PM   #190  

Here's a link to low carb restaurant copycat recipes

http://www.headed-west.com/restaurant.htm

BOB
Old 11-15-2003, 04:40 PM   #191  

This sounds YUMMMY!!!!!!

Low Carb Chunky Beef Chili

Low carb conversion courtesy of Judith van den Broek
LowCarb FoodExperts Canada, February 2001
Nutritional information provided by MasterCook software.

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 pounds (1 kg) stewing beef, cut in 2 inch (1 cm) cubes
1 onion, chopped
6 stalks celery, sliced
1 can (19 oz/540mL) diced tomatoes
1 cup (250mL) beef stock
5 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons (25mL) chili powder (or more - to taste)
1 teaspoon (5mL) ground cumin (or more - to taste)
1 teaspoon dried oregano (or more - to taste)
3/4 teaspoon (4mL) salt (or more - to taste)
1 sweet red pepper, chopped
Serves 6 @ 337 calories, 16 grams fat, 35 grams protein, 13 grams carbohydrates w/ 4 grams fibre (net: 9 grams carbohydrates) per serving. Sodium per serving is 978 mg.; potassium per serving is 1,254 mg.

Instructions

Crockpot: In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Brown meat in batches until browned on all sides. Transfer the meat to an 18 to 24-cup (4.5 to 6 L) slow-cooker or crockpot.

Combine the remaining ingredients and pour them over the meat.

Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until the meat and vegetables are tender.

Serves 6.

Stovetop: Brown the meat in the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven until it is browned on all sides. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine and blend.

Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the meat is tender. Increase heat to medium and cook for an additional5 minutes.

Serves 6.

BOB
Old 11-15-2003, 04:47 PM   #192  

Here's a link to the hidden carb counter
I've used this many times, and when you try it, it will amaze you!

http://www.geocities.com/msweathe/fiber-calc.html

BOB
Old 11-15-2003, 09:25 PM   #193  

Got in a little while ago, from visiting Fillise in Auburn. We enjoyed seeing the campus, and having lunch with her. Lunch was great! There is a good pizza place with ww crust pizza, so we ate there. Yum, yum! We watched a bit of football with her too. Laura was feeling under the weather with a cold and fell asleep on the couch while Fillise, Grace and I visited. We took off after chatting a bit and headed home. The girls are out with friends to a movie, Tom has gone to the store, and I am enjoying a breather with the house to myself!

I got to meet Miss Belle, though she was not too thrilled to meet me. As soon as she could wiggle out of Fillise's arms, she took off for her favorite hiding place...under the bed! She does indeed look just like Fillise's avatar!

BOB: I am sorry some of your predictions did not go your way today. How were the movies? Tom went to see Matrix 3 while we were gone. He is more the movie buff than me...he and James. James seems to hold every fact about a movie he has seen in his head forever. Its amazing. Me? I like romantic comedies!

FILLISE: I am sorry about the games today. Seems like you did not have a good gridiron day today. I can't wait to hear what kind of reaction Grace gets to that shirt she bought! Thanks for the tour! It was good to see you again! Now that I know where you live, watch out! You may have to move!

PANCHO: Can't wait to hear about your dinner! I hope it is lovely and romantic!

QUILTER: Good to see you back! I hope you dad is all recovered. I think older folks lose their appetites, even though they need to eat, they don't feel like it. Hope you all can get your dad bulked up a bit!

COUNTRY: Do we need to ride over with the wagon for you? I agree that clothes are a good measure...but then I get depressed, since I don't feel like I have made much progress in that department! Glad the no nos are out of the house! Don't make me come over there!!!!

SUZY: I used to love it when my kids had friends over! Especially if I liked the kids that came over! It gives you a chance to get to know their friends, and to see how your kids interacts. How old are your boys? Painting is very good for the attitude, etc! (I have my degree in Art Ed! )

SEF: A humpty dumpty sandwich is a scrambled egg and cheese sandwich. I started calling them that when the kids were small to peak their interest in eating them! Its a family favorite now!

AGAPE: I am glad the weather has cleared up some! I can not believe tornadoes in November! Unreal! I grew up in the Chicago area, and I used to be VERY scared of tornadoes!

DEB: Maybe you need a glass of wine or something before bed. And tell your family to leave you alone, you need to get some rest! Of course it was sweet of Michael to want to share his good news! That is a great score! Did you really want him to wait until morning??

Ok, off to enjoy some peace and quiet!
Old 11-15-2003, 10:13 PM   #194  

I just had a Saturday from He!!.

I am totally pissed with Service America. They rescheduled me from Thursday to today because of a snafoo and I stayed home all day and even woke up early and what happens!!! I get a call at 3 p.m. from Service America saying that my technician went home sick and they have to reschedule to Tuesday. Can you believe that! I called a Supervisor to complain and they said "Lady it is out of our control when a Technician gets sick" and he told me to stop yelling at him. I told this person that I have a Toddler and it is a major inconvenience. This inconsiderate Supervisor told me that my Toddler can take the heat. Can you believe the gall of this man. I didn't pay for this contract, it was a gift from my Real Estate Agent when I bought my Villa and it doesn't expire until next July. Now I have to wait until Tuesday. The upside is that I have air but I have a leak.

That was only the beginning of my day. Then I met my friends for dinner at 5 p.m. and we were planning to go to a movie after dinner. Well, we went back to my place to crash until the movie when my friend gets a call from her granny on her cell phone saying that her Grandfather fell off of his walker. Since my friend's parents were in Homestead, she had to help her Grandparents. I understand her going but my friends were really strange all evening. They kept looking at their watch. I guess I am being somewhat paranoid thinking that they staged the call but I also wouldn't put it past them. I don't know if I should bring it up to them or just let it go. These are friends that I haven't seen in awhile because every time I made plans with them, they would always cancel on me. I decided to take my sorrows out on s/f ice cream from Kilwins which I hope doesn't wreck my diet.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

Ilana
Old 11-16-2003, 07:44 AM   #195  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Sunday Morning

It's early, but the house is quiet and I'm up for the day. I couldn't get on here yesterday with all that was going on, so here I am, trying to catch up...

I was finally able to get to sleep after ELI got up for work at 3:30am, so I guess I got another 2 hours of sleep in, def. not enough Was outside and setting up the garage sale by 6am. Two of my neighbors did it with me. Stupidly, I forgot to count the monies I started with, but I guesstimate I made about $100, but of course, I have to pay for the ad now and that's expensive, $32. My one neighbor gave me $5 and my other hasn't given me anything, not sure if they even will and I wouldn't ask. Besides, I was going to do it anyway.

After the sale I gave about 90% of it to LAUREN'S school for their garage sale next week. Luckily they were at the place where it's going to be held, which isn't far from my house. I ended up giving them my grill, if I had to lug it over there myself I would of put it right back in to the shed. The only thing I didn't sell was my new bike (the one I just had to have as part of my NY resolution and that's been sitting in my kitchen). I may put one of those free ads in the paper to try and sell it. I didn't have much to put away, happily so.

Decided after I got everything all cleaned up, well, sorta, that I'd go lie down for 45 minutes before I had to run and p/u MICHAEL who was doing some research about a 20 minute drive away, RIGHT when I was falling asleep, LAUREN woke me up because he called and needed to be picked up. Got up and started feeling a headache coming on and it only got worse as I started to drive. By the time I got him I was feeling all the lovely feelings I get when I get one of those TOM migraines and it was starting to hit me bad:freak: When I get these, they literally immobilize me and I can't do anything. I crawled back in to bed once we got home and told LAUREN to wake me in 45 minutes as we had the dinner to go to. I couldn't fall asleep, my head was pounding, I was nauseous, light and sound made it worse. Needless to say, I couldn't go to dinner with my family and missed out. There was just no way in the world I could even take a shower, so I called me DS and she came to get MICHAEL to drop off at his friends house (previous plans) and take LAUREN to meet everyone for dinner. I felt terrible but just couldn't go. I finally passed out sometime while they were home. Woke up around 9:30pm and felt better but not great. Went back to bed about a half hour later and woke up a bit after 6am feeling fine, back to my old self. I wasn't even able to eat anything yesterday, or anything much, had 1 cactus pear and a small piece of chicken and that was it for the entire day.

Of course, I had to jump on the scale and see if it had any effect and I lost a pound since yesterday but I don't think it's a true loss at all since I hadn't eaten really and didn't drink anything all after Noon, which probably contributed to my feeling bad. So there you have it, my exciting Saturday!

Jumping in to the replies...

JACKK, now, going through this weight issue with LAUREN I know now what my Mom went through with me. Of course, when it's happening to you you don't realize that the prodding to do something about your weight comes with love, you just think it's an attack on you, but now I realize all that's behind trying to tell someone you love, your DD, to lose weight is out of love and caring. LAUREN is me, just another generation. As much as I want to help and guide her, she's going to have to make the decision on her own, no matter how long it takes. I just don't want her to go through the heartache I went through for so many years, I don't want her to take half her life before she does something, but there's nothing I can do and if I say too much, I make matters worse - Catch 22 situation. Hope you had a nice dinner with the family Sunday!

JEC, hoping to hear from you today, if not, don't worry, there's many more days ahead.

AGAPE, I can tell you that my avocados are unbelieveably delish! You can ask some of the gals that came to visit last year, esp. ROSE, I think her DH is dreaming about my avocados. And their huge. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like they are growing this year. I know I had them growing at this time, so either it's a dormant year or going to be a late season. I get so many, I have to give them away. No comparison between the 2 stores, I'd much rather have a TJ's than a WO any day, but I'm stuck with only a WO Nope, not one for warm milk, just a cozy bed that's nicely made with some scented sheet spray and someone not flopping around the bed would be helpful, esp. when it's more like Shamu flopping!!!

HEART, glad you liked the jokes - can't imagine which parts you could identify people with Glad BOOGIE liked that little diddy. My fav. bean is definitely a chickpea, then kidney beans, then butter-I like most all beans, but surely not what they tend to do to people Hope that 174 sticks for you. How'd your garage sale go?

MONET, glad you talked with the boss, but now you have to have to figure out your next step, whatever it may be, I'm sure it will be the right one for you. What books did you get, anything really good? So happy you got to meet up with FILLISE this weekend!! Ummm, yes, I'd of prefered him to wait-does that make me a terrible Mom? He just scared the crap out of me when he did that, I swear, I thought LAUREN had been in an accident or something. If he'd of waited til the morning I'd been able to show my true excitement. Besides, I NEEDED SLEEP!!!!!!

MUSIC, good job, keep up the great work and focus!

BOB, don't you know it with the fart joke! Yes, I think they all know that RUPERT is the best out there and they are all in fear. I just hope he keeps winning the immunities and if they should vote him off, they all starve to death!!! Wish the library had the Osbournes, so far, they don't. Have a bunch of movies to watch before tomorrow, won't have time, but hope I can renew some. LOL!!! I had to laugh after reading about the chicken!!! LOL!!!!!! ROLFLMFAO!!!!!

KEN, did you ever hear about the price of the agave? I've never used fructose due to it being made from corn and just having no real use for it since I have about 90+ bottles of agave in my house I do like Stevia though and use that in my tea, I buy it in the packets and found a tiny store that sells it for $3.99 a box of 50 packets where most places it's about $5.99. Date sugar isn't okay on SB though. Did you find anything at the garage sale up the street?

CHERYL, well, that sure will keep ME from wanting to eat any Hershey kisses!! LOL!! I've never seen a ww pizza crust at TJ's - I think stores carry some different items. Wish I could go up there and shop!

FILLISE, sounds like someone had a fun time shopping that MK party! I rarely wear make-up, so whatever I buy lasts me ages. I'd not be a good one to invite to any of those types of home parties, I'd not buy a thing and feel guilty about it all night. Thanks for the info on RT, we have one down here but never go there, haven't been to one in probably 10 years. Wonder if that's available nationwide.

COUNTRY, go clean in MICHAEL'S room and forget about hazard pay, you'd need a hazard suit! Experimental meatloaf? Just loved the way that sounded. Did your guinea pigs like it too? Beautiful sunset!!!!

QUILTER, that's nice that you are helping watch PAUL'S uncle. I'm sure he enjoys coming over there and esp. having some time to play with MADDIE. How's she feeling? Yep, as soon as I heard LIL was from Cin. I thought about you! I do believe this is the best Survivor ever! They lost me during a few seasons, just didn't like it and had no appeal, but this one, I'm glued! How's your Dad doing today? Any idea when he'll get out of the hospital?

LIFE, Glad you've decided to join us - of COURSE we have room for 1 more, always Please, don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have about SB, the book can be a little misleading, confusing and contradictory and we're all more than happy to help you understand a bit more about this WOE. Please let us know a little more about yourself as well - where in NC are you? I see you're a senior member, just curious what boards you've been on before and what made you decide to jump on the SB bandwagon

SEF, sounding busy as ever this weekend!!! Funny you should mention the Jewish expressions, yesterday my yoga teacher came to visit and I was on the phone with someone, maybe my DM, can't remember, and I mentioned we were kibbutzing, and LAUREN looked at me and said "what?" I told her it meant we were chatting Geez, I can't wait to get to my 50's after reading that! Cute FF's!

SUZY, thanks for posting your BIO on the BIO BOARD It's always nice to learn more about our board members. Congrats on winning at bingo - I haven't played in about 20 years, and even then it was once I think, other than when I was a kid. They have one hall at the Micousukee reservation but they allow smoking and I wouldn't go for that reason, much less, I haven't a clue what they charge to play and don't have the money to throw away anyhow - no fun, I know

PANCHO, good girl, going to STARBUCKS! How was your dinner last night?
MICHAEL, lazy for doing anything around the house, not with school. Hopefully one day he'll learn how to clean up after himself!

MOM, sorry to hear about those troubles. If you know anyone with a RAINBOW vacuum ask them to borrow it. It has it so you can blow air out instead of sucking it in and when I see my a/c start leaking, I have it so my pipes have a T-pipe that I can put the hose on top of it and just blow the crap that's clogging it out the pipes outside and viola, it's done. I use to call the a/c guy when that happened but one was nice enough to tell me to do this when he saw my Rainbow and it works. If I lived closer I'd do it for you, that is, if you had this pipe. I'd probably not say anything to these people, just my opinion. I'd sorta sit back and see how long it is before they called me and wanted to make plans again.

Well, I've seem to have caught up.

Not sure what my plans for today are. It seems ELI is going to teach an equipment maintenance class which I wish he'd cancel because it's only 2 people and it's downtown where everything's closed up for this stupid FTAA convention. I may meander up to Broward today, not much else to do except clean and I'm NOT in the mood to do that

Will check in later if I can get the computer away from the kids, otherwise, I'll be on to start the new board tomorrow morning!

Toodles

Debbie

[img]http://home.new.rr.com/kitanniweb/atkins/18.gif[img]
Closed Thread