Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: With the Holiday Season here, what are your predictions on the scale come New Years
I think I will stay the same as I am now. 2 8.33%
I suspect I will be up 1-2lbs from where I am now. 2 8.33%
I speculate I will be up 3-4lbs from where I am now 3 12.50%
I worry I will be up 5lbs or more from where I am now. 0 0%
I believe I will have lost 1-2lbs from where I am now. 0 0%
I hope I will have lost 3-4lbs from where I am now. 8 33.33%
I expect I will have lost 5-10lbs from where I am now. 6 25.00%
I trust I will have lost more than 10lbs from where I am now. 3 12.50%
I think you better come looking for me after New Years! 0 0%
Other (care to explain ?) 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 08:10 AM   #151  

Angry Hello Hello Hello

Good Morning,
The winds have died down considerably. Was listening to the Today Show and it seems 5 deaths is the result of the wind storms. We have a temp. of 27 w/WC of 19. That's enough of make you bundle up real good.

Are there any herbal tea drinkers for health or pleasure? I have a site that is quite informative about just about anything. I don't believe or agree with everything stated, however, I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Here is the link below:

http://www.drweil.com/app/cda/drw_cda.html-command=ProductDetail-pt=Product-productId=89

This site also has great healthy recipes, you have to revise a few ingredients, which seems easy to do. Check out these: Health Conditions
Wellness Therapies

Home Health Remedies

The Healthy Kitchen

Recipes

Food As Medicine

Herbal Medicine Chest

My personal doctor is well versed in natural medicines, so I have the best of both worlds.

Have to get off now to get something to eat. I will be back a later today.

I'm outtie for now...
Old 11-14-2003, 08:15 AM   #152  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Friday Morning!

What a gorgeous day here in Miami, the weather is cooler today, by Miami standards, that's in the lower 70's I have a crap load of stuff to get done for the garage sale tomorrow so I wanted to get on here early enough that I can focus on what I have to get done the rest of the day.

Anyone see SURVIVOR last night. Gosh, how I was rooting for RUPERT, as I always have, but it seems he better win all the challenges because they all realize he's a threat and want to get rid of him.

Uh, have to take a break, hear the lawn guys and I have to run out and tell them to cut my lawn-it's terrible!!!

Going out to dinner with my GF tomorrow, along with ELI & LAUREN (MICHAEL had previous plans), my parents and my sister (she doesn't want to take the kids, nor is it the type of place to take wild ones). He's going to be moving permanently next week. Still can't get use to the idea. We'll be going up to WPB (sorry, W. Palm Beach for those who don't know) as usual for TG Day and will probably try and leave early to travel another hour north to see his new house. I'm worried that with him being so far that this will be just about the only time we'll see him, possibly New Years Day if I have everyone here that day, but otherwise, we just won't see him, too far for him to drive, too far for us to drive (about 3 hours). Not much we can do

JEC, weekends are always good for me, Sundays are the best because that's when I have the most free time. This Sat. is unusual with me being busy with the garage sale and dinner Sat. night. But try me, whenever it's convenient, if for some reason I can't talk, I'll let you know, but that's usually a rarity

MONET, what would TOM do while we're doing our girl thing in NO? Try to see about the Cresent, someone could always come pick you up at the station. We will be driving through on Friday night, is there a train that arrives in the evening on Friday and when we go through NO, can come pick you up? Maybe you wouldn't have a long wait? NOt sure how the heck to get there, maybe someplace along the way we could get you? Don't worry, we'll work it out!!! Good luck today - I know you'll do what's best for you

MOM, sounds like you are doing great weight wise, CONGRATS Hope the carpet dries up and airs out. I take it it's not wall-to-wall? Hope you continue to feel better.

HEART, speckled butter beans? What did you do with them. I have a great recipe that I use canned butter beans in, it's delish. Onions, garlic, tomatoes sauce, the beans and spices. Good plain or over brown rice. Never heard of speckled ones though, are they canned, or dry?

QUILTER, thank goodness your DD's condition wasn't what you had thought. It's good that there doesn't have to be a quick decision to deal with the problem and that he can think about what he wants to do. I'm sure once the "dust" settles he'll think about this with a clearer head. We'll keep him in our thoughts, and you as well

CHERYL, I'd probably like that recipe with the cheese on it, not a huge lover of cauliflower as it is. Pumpkin pudding sounds good though.

AGAPE, I taped Oprah, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Sorry I haven't been able to help you figure out why you can't load that picture. Can you tell me which website you got it from? I tried to click on the link you posted for that site, it wouldn't work

KEN, table sugar in the whey low? I will try and call the company today and see what they can tell me about it first hand.

COUNTRY, are you journaling at all? Being stuck for 4 months is hard but I think it may be what you're eating, or should I say not eating.

SUZY, gosh, a new TJ'S - please take my picture with you when you go and put it on the front of the shopping cart so I can be with you Hope you had fun at bingo last night - did you win? TRANQUIL & SERENE also work in law offices, but they haven't gotten their butts on the board recently, though I speak to them both from time to time. Good luck with this weekend and staying OP, but I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Okay, I'm outta here. Will try and take a break and check in periodically. I'm glad the lawn men are here now so I can take some of the crap from the back patio to the front outside patio and leave it there til tomorrow morning to set up. Finally, I can get the floor in the kitchen looking like the rest of the kitchen - CLEAN! I've slowly, but surely, been getting the house in order and I'm loving it! Yesterday I went through the linen closet - it's clean and tidy. Now only if I can find a place for all the pillows I have to store!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Debbie

Old 11-14-2003, 08:21 AM   #153  

Quilter ~~ I am happy to heart the good news about your Dad. I understand his apprehension as I was faced with having to have a cath done a few months ago. I wouldn't do it at first and then thought about and decided it was best to rule out some things. So in time he'll probable come to the same conclusion. Take care of yourself.

Sincerely,
Linda
Old 11-14-2003, 08:21 AM   #154  

FRIDAY FUNNIES

An elderly Floridian called 911 on her cell phone to report that her car had been broken into. She is hysterical as she explains her situation to the dispatcher: "They've stolen the stereo, the steering wheel, the brake pedal and even the accelerator!" she cried.

The dispatcher said, "Stay calm, an officer is on the way."

A few minutes later, the officer radios in. "Disregard." He says. "She got in the back seat by mistake.

FAMILY

Three sisters ages 92, 94 and 96 live in a house together. One night the 96 year old draws a bath. She puts her foot in and pauses. She yells to the other sisters, "Was I getting in or out of the bath?" The 94 year old yells back, "I don't know. I'll come up and see."

She starts up the stairs and pauses "Was I going up the stairs or down?" The 92 year old is sitting at the kitchen table having tea listening to her sisters. She shakes her head and says, "I sure hope I never get that forgetful." She knocks on wood for
good measure. She then yells, "I'll come up and help both of you as soon as I see who's at the door."

"I CAN HEAR JUST FINE!"

Three retirees, each with a hearing loss, were playing golf one fine March day. One remarked to the other, "Windy, isn't it?" "No," the second man replied, "it's Thursday." And the third man chimed in, "So am I. Let's have a beer."

ROMANCE

An older couple were lying in bed one night. The husband was falling asleep but the wife was in a romantic mood and wanted to talk. She said: "You used to hold my hand when we were courting." Wearily he reached across, held her hand for a second and tried to get back to sleep.

A few moments later she said: "Then you used to kiss me. "Mildly irritated, he reached across, gave her a peck on the cheek and settled down to sleep.

Thirty seconds later she said: "Then you used to bite my neck." Angrily, he threw back the bed clothes and got out of bed. "Where are you going?" she asked. "To get my teeth!"

DOWN AT THE RETIREMENT CENTER

80-year old Bessie bursts into the rec room at the retirement home. She holds her clenched fist in the air and announces, "Anyone who can guess what's in my hand can have sex with me tonight!!"

An elderly gentleman in the rear shouts out, "An elephant?" Bessie thinks a minute and says, "Close enough."

OLD FRIENDS

Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades. Over the years, they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures.

Lately, their activities had been limited to meeting a few times a week to play cards. One day, they were playing cards when one looked at the other and said, "Now don't get mad at me ... I know we've been friends for a long time ...but I just can't think of your name! I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it.

Please tell me what your name is."

Her friend glared at her. For at least three minutes she just stared and glared at her. Finally she said, "How soon do you need to know?"

DRIVING

Two elderly women were out driving in a large car - both could barely see over the dashboard. As they were cruising along, they came to an intersection. The stoplight was red, but they just went on through.

The woman in the passenger seat thought to herself "I must be losing it. I could have sworn we just went through a red light."

After a few more minutes, they came to another intersection and the light was red again. Again, they went right through.

The woman in the passenger seat was almost sure that the light had been red but was really concerned that she was
losing it. She was getting nervous and decided to pay very close attention to the road and the next intersection.

At the next intersection, sure enough, the light was red and they went on through. So, she turned to the other woman and said, "Mildred, did you know that we just ran through three red lights in a row? You could have killed us both!"

Mildred turned to her and said, "Oh, am I driving?"
Old 11-14-2003, 08:23 AM   #155  

Reasons to not mess with a child:

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales. The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small. The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale. Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible. The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah". The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to ****?" The little girl replied, "Then you ask him".

A Kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of children while they were drawing. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's work. As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was. The girl replied, "I'm drawing God." The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like." Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied, "They will in a minute."

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds. After explaining the commandment to "honor" thy Father and thy Mother, she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?" Without missing a beat one little boy
(the oldest of a family) answered, "Thou shall not kill."

One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly noticed that her mother has several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast on her brunette head. She looked at her mother and inquisitively asked, "Why are some of your hairs white, Mom?" Her mother replied, "Well, every time that you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white." The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and then said, "Momma, how come ALL of grandma's hairs are white?"

The children had all been photographed, and the teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture. "Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown! up and say, 'There's Jennifer, she's a lawyer,' or 'That's Michael, He's a doctor.' A small voice at the back of the room rang out, "And there's the teacher, She's dead."

A teacher was giving a lesson on the circulation of the blood. Trying to make the matter clearer, she said, "Now, class, if I stood on my head, the blood, as you know, would run into it, and I would turn red in the face." "Yes," the class said. "Then why is it that while I am standing upright in the ordinary position the blood doesn't run into my feet?" A little fellow shouted, "Cause your feet ain't empty."

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. God is watching. "Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies. A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples".
Old 11-14-2003, 08:46 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

TGIF,

I'm glad it is Friday, but then I hate that I won't get to talk to you all until Monday.

No big plans for the weekend. DH want to go to the UL game tomorrow, but theya re calling for rain and I don't want to go in the rain. Sunday DD and SIL and other DD will be there for dinner. Making ww lasagna.

On to some replies.

Heartmom, Congrats on getting back to your low. The scale is so fickle, it is best to stay off it or not let it get to you.

SuzyB, Do you have a Wild Oats health food store? They have pita chips which are good to use with salsa too. I like them, but think I like the homemade ones better. In fact, I made some this morning before I left for work just in case we go to a Mex rest. tonight.

Ken, I don't expect cold weather in Ga. It is 45 here today. I'm ready for summer.

Deb, I know you have to do this when you are ready, It took me 23 years. I just don't want it to take my girls that long as it is such a good feeling. Hope your yard sale is a huge success. Enjoy your dinenr with your GF. That is such a strange situation. I hope he is happy and not too lonely. Cute jokes. Sef will love them.

Monet, I am a big believer that things happen for a reason. Maybe you will get another job that is more fulfilling. Good luck today.

Mom, glad you got your carpet up. Try some amonia in a dish in your closet, that will take out the smell too.

Kim, glad it wasn't so serious with your DD. Something that can be fixed. It must be nice to need to be "fattened up".

Agape, I hate to discourage you, but I thought that I could cut back on all my meds when I lost wt, I tried it, but after 4 months I was hurting and need ed to right back on them. Hope it is different for you.

Country, glad you have found a balance that works for you. Are you still walking with your buddy?

Have a great day. Be back later.

Jackie
257/156/145
10-10-01
Old 11-14-2003, 09:14 AM   #157  

Hello everyone!

Finally this week is over! It's been so slow for me, I guess that's because I was so busy running here and there last week and had nothing to do this week but clean, needless to say I didn't do a very good job at that either!

Today is grocery day, thank goodness. We're just about out of everything! I hate it when that happens. With the girls getting out of school at 1:30 today, all I can do is go grocery shopping, then I'll have to wait on them to get home before doing anything else. Oh well, it could be worse, they could be staying home because they were sick, but thankfully they aren't.

I think we may have the ordeal with Katie and her homework worked out. Hubby told her last night that when she completes one of the homework assignments in her "agenda" that she is to put a check mark beside it and when she gets to the last one and finishes it, she is to put her initals beside that one to show she's done with it.

Monet, Sorry to hear about your hard day after work yesterday. She probably is jealous of you since she's all nice to you while you are there and then after you leave she badmouths you. I would quit too.

Mom, Way to go on the 5 lbs.! Glad you are feeling better. Hope the a/c guys show up early on Sat. so your whole day won't be ruined waiting on them.

Quilter, Good news about your dad. Things like that are so scary. Hope everything goes great for him.

Agape, Holy cow that was some major wind! I don't think I've ever heard of wind at 83 mph.

Deb, Have fun at dinner out with your GF. 3 hours isn't all that bad of a drive. When we were in Shreveport/Bossier, we were about 2 1/2 hours away from hubby's parents and we went there at least every other weekend, and during hunting season we were there all the time! Sometimes I would drive another 2 hours to go on to my mom's. I'm making a "mental note" to give you a ring on Sunday. Funny FF's!!!

Ok, now to get started cleaning up the breakfast mess in the kitchen so I'll have somewhere to put the groceries when we get back. Talk to y'all later.

Jenn
Old 11-14-2003, 09:42 AM   #158  

Pissed

I tell the one guy to cut my lawn, and they left without doing it. Neither speaks much English at all (are you surprised!) but the one I told him about wanting the lawn, I mean, what other reason would I of come out of the house and pointed to my lawn and asked for them to cut it! Geez! That just pisses me off royally. Have to see if I can find someone else around here this afternoon, slim chance I will though.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:21 AM   #159  

Okay, I snagged another lawn man, funny thing was, he recognized the yard and having trimmed my avocado tree about 5 or 6 years ago! Cost me another $5 to have him do it, but I need it done, so it's worth it.

Okay, back to the crap pile!!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 10:30 AM   #160  

Yay! It's finally Friday. I have a major client that I have been working with this week and last and I think it's finally almost put to bed. Still have some follow-up stuff next week to finish with them but the worst is over with.

Wow, the board has been crazy this week. Lots of newbies (and you said it would slow down, Deb) and faces from the past.

I did manage to lose a pound this week. Not sure how, I am a major stress eater and these last few weeks have been stressful to say the least and we'll just leave it at that.

Talk to you guys later. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Have a great week-end everyone.

Trish
Old 11-14-2003, 10:44 AM   #161  

O.K., so who said that this board slows down this time of year????? Gheez...it takes forever to catch up anymore.

I was at 122.5# this morning (yes, Deb, I did weigh again ). I really think weighing daily keeps me on track. If I only weighed once a week, I could be up 2-3 pounds, and this way, I catch it early. So, I am slowly going back down.

Yesterday was a tough day; Delaney was totally cranky! She had a runny nose and felt awful. She seems to be feeling a bit better today....I will keep fingers crossed. I really wanna go to dinner tomorrow night, but can't take her to parents if she is sick.

I plan on doing a bunch of runnning around today. DH will pick up Britt for school since they are having "dads for doughnuts" day.

I better get into some replies, since I haven't been on in awhile:

Ken: My prediction is that Bob will pick Kelly Jo; I think that is a given....Stella is way toooooo whiney; who would want to wake up to that every day? BUT, I also predict that he WILL NOT propose. I think he will tell her that he'd like to continue their relationship and see where it goes, but that he is not ready for marriage. It's 2-hour finale next week.

chrisd: Did you have fun Christmas shopping? My DM's b-day is also on TG.

jecrites: Good luck with your candle party. Staying busy is a good thing for me; keeps me OP.

Mom: It is so tough to be sick with kids. At least DS slept and wasn't up feeling awful too. That is the worst....when you are sick and also trying to take care of sick kids. I hope you are feeling better today. If you do end up having to have carpet replaced, check with your renter's or homeowner's insurance. Congrats on the 5# loss; you are doing fantastic.

Monet: Please let us know how it goes today. You have far too much talent for it to go to waste for these ungrateful people. Your time would be better spent elsewhere. Good luck getting up the courage to let them have it.

Toni: I do blame my weight on my pregnancies, but I had gained 10 pounds during the first 4-5 years of our marriage. I was also 30 when I had first DD, and 35 when I had second, so I guess age could've started to play a role there. I think hormones get out of whack when preg., and some people are able to drop those pounds the minute the baby pops out, and others have a much tougher time. I hope you are able to find the nuts; they are so fresh and yummy. They were by the apples at my Super Wal-Mart, and they were on styrofoam boards (like what meat comes on) and covered with plastic wrap.

Jack-K: Thanks! Once the next 10 years fly by, we will have teenagers on our hands....EEEEk! How was your Reuben; were they able to accommodate you? I like Reubens, but have never likes the rye bread.

heart: CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW LOW!! I think the exercise is what you needed to throw your metabolism into gear. Way to go, girl!!

Suzy: My DH looks awesome and has a great metabolism. He is 41, and there is no sign of his metabo slowing down. However, when I started this new woe back in March/ April, he was really paying attention, but probably not too sure that I'd really lose all that I wanted to. Well, as a few months went by, he started adapting to a lot of the same eating as I was; he even dropped a few pounds that he didnt' need to. He has completely cut out sodas, cut back on his beer intake, and really watches his "obvious" sugar intake. I'm proud of him. I am so envious; my DH and I haven't had a night away since our first DD was born 5 1/2 years ago. Congrats on 12 years; that's quite an accomplishment these days. Every other day of exercise is good, so your body gets a break. I always take 2 slices of legal bread or a pita bread with me when I am out for the day...that way wherever we go to eat, I can put mine on my own legal bread.

Deb: My DH brought home a dozen roses, and a card that brought me to tears. I guess he is a keeper, eh? Good luck with your garage sale; I hope you do really well. Sorry your GF is moving so far away; enjoy your dinner. It feels so good to get everything cleaned up; we did that a few weeks ago. We usually do a big spring cleaning and a big fall cleaning. Michael is probably too busy to mow the lawn, eh? . Have a great weekend.

Quilter: So glad to hear it wasn't a heart attack. I hope all works out well for him.

Country: I wondered when you were walking so much, if your body was becoming accustomed to it. I bet by giving yourself a break, your body will be ready to burn again when you start up again. They have little snack pack fanny packs; maybe you can take some of those little cheese nips with you . Just having fun!! Have a great weekend.

agape: Thanks for the info. on the teas; it's always nice to read up on that type of stuff whenever I find time.

I haven't even read any of the FF; there were too many other posts. I better go get dressed and get the kids dressed; we are all still in jammies.

Have a great day, and if I don't get back on later; have a great OP weekend.

Take care,
Nat
Old 11-14-2003, 10:50 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

SuzyB
I have a 10 year old son & 16 year old daughter. They both follow SB also. My son is not as faithful as us but he's learned the difference between good and bad choices and will usually go for the good. It's a healthy way for the kids to eat and maybe will save them health problems down the road!
We make TJ pizza from the Tabular Pizza crust it's made from 100% whole wheat it's like a big Boboli. They have legal pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Kids love it and I can't live without pizza!
Taking the time to look ahead at meals makes a HUGE difference in staying legal.

Deb what's up with the lawn people down there? I have visions of trucks with lawn mowers cruising neighborhoods waiting for people to run out and wave them down! Up here in the freezing windy north have to make appointments for lawn service!

Oh down 2 pounds tis morning, wahoo!
Old 11-14-2003, 11:37 AM   #163  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Friday Morning!

Um, Deb--I thought the board was supposed to be slowing down this time of year! I missed getting on yesterday and there is no way I can catch up!

I did ok Wed night--at the party I have one chicken wing. On the way home I was about to starve so I got a roast beef sandwich. The bread was white, but other than that I did fine and stayed away from all the sweets.

Last night I got a call that a good friend of mine from graduate school had passed away. He was about my age and we don't know how or exactly when or where. I've been trying to find an obituary from the last couple of places we think he might have lived, but so far, no luck. I lost track of him a couple of years ago. So here's a valuable lesson--people are too important to lose!

I'm hoping Monet and her DD and friends will get down here for a visit tomorrow! The girls want to tour campus and I'd love to show it off!

I'm sorry I don't have time to respond--but there are three new pages of posts since WEDNESDAY!!!!! I'll try to do better, but I'm tyring to get a lot of work done since Thanksgiving is in two weeks and then I have my surgery the week after that. I've got to get a lot of stuff done for clients before both!

Have a great OP day and weekend everyone!

Susan
Old 11-14-2003, 11:55 AM   #164  

Hey guys, just a quick hello! Im cleaning my play room. My SIL gave me a bunch of toys for Dominic. He is having a ball with them.
I am finally able to open my windows today! There is such a nice cross breeze going on. I love it. I wish it could be like today all year round. Like Deb said its around 70ish...but for us thats a major treat! Right Deb? and Bob??
My GM is home now and doing much better. She spent the day here the other day and enjoyed seeing DS and my nieces. It was quite LOUD here for her though, so not sure how much time she will be spending here. LOL.

DEB - I watched Survivor, and I am a Rupert fan too! Have been since the first day when he stole the others stuff out of there wagon..lol. Yes trying to be more patient...I just really want to get to my first goal by Christmas...but at this rate it doesnt look to good. Going out tonight with friends...so if I dont answer in the morning that means I am still sleeping...and will call you when I get up! Good luck with your garage sale.

PANCHO - Yes had fun shopping...especially because I was ALONE! I know you know what Im talking about! lol. My mother in law gave me money to get some things that I wanted for Dominic for christmas...so i went to Toys r Us...and got yet another Simba....Im going to give it to one of Dominics friends. What did you think of the Bachelor Tell All the other night? Have a great Anniversary weekend! Its tomorrow you are going out right?

CRYSTLE - I have a huge Cheese Nip/Goldfish/Cheeze It weeekness. I could sit and eat a whole box. LOVE EM!

Gotta run for now...I proably wont be on too much this weekend...so have a great weekend to everyone...Go Bucs! (fingers crossed)

Chris
Old 11-14-2003, 12:46 PM   #165  

Quickie...

Figured I'd sit down for a few minutes and try to catch up otherwise I know I won't be able to over the weekend. I'm stinky, sweaty and dirty from hauling all this crap out. I haven't finished yet and have lots more to do - where did all this ST come from? My gosh, it's ridiculous! I better sell this crap!!!

Okay, I'm glad to say, so far, you've all proved me wrong about the board slowing down. I don't mind a bit, in fact, it makes me feel wonderful. See, it doesn't take much

TRISH, WOO HOO! Down a pound - you go girl

PANCHO, MICHAEL, mow the lawn, I can't get him to take out the garbage! He's lazy when it comes to chores.

CHERYL, Down here, homes are about on top of the other, there are so many people who use different lawn people that you're bound to find someone around just by looking. I heard a lawn mower going, didn't see it on my street, jumped in the car and went around the block and the guy was there, just finishing up, so he came on over. Down here, they're a dime a dozen. They come every 2 weeks, though in winter, it's usually every 3, I wait as long as possible, sometimes too long and the grass gets knee high. CONGRATS on your 3lbs loss

FILLISE, sorry to hear about your friend. Hope you can find the info about him you need to.

CHRIS, sounds like DOMINIC is keeping quite busy and happily so. Glad to hear your GM is doing well. I'll have on my cell tomorrow and the house phone during the sale, so try to call me when you awake. Enjoy the weather!

Got these FF's in the mail:

YOU KNOW YOUR A REDNECK WHEN...

Your standard of living improves when you go camping.

Your prenuptial agreement mentions chickens.

You have jacked up your home to look for a dog.

Your neighbor has ever asked to borrow a quart of beer.

There is a belch on your answering machine greeting.

You have rebuilt a carburetor while sitting on the commode.

None of the tires on your van are the same size.

Your idea of getting lucky is passing the emissions test.

Your town put the new garbage truck in the Christmas parade.

Your local beauty salon also fixes cars.

Your doghouse and your living room have the same shag carpet.

You've ever slow danced in the Waffle House.

Starting your car involves popping the hood.

Your garbage man is confused about what goes and what stays.

You whistle at women in church.

You actually wear shoes your dog brought home.

You've been in a fist fight at a yard sale.

You carry a fly swatter in the front seat of the car
so you can reach the kids in the back-seat.

HELLO'S to everyone else

Later!!!

Deb
Closed Thread