Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: So, Halloween is over, how well did you do on your prediction?
I did exactly as I said, just one piece! 1 4.17%
I did exactly as I said, not one piece! 9 37.50%
I did exactly as I said, just had a piece of SB Legal Chocolate! 1 4.17%
I did exactly what I said that night, there after, it's a different story! 1 4.17%
I failed, but not too bad! 4 16.67%
I failed, and miserably at that! 1 4.17%
You mean Halloween is over? I'm still celebrating! 0 0%
I plead the Fifth. I'm not saying anything to incriminate myself! 2 8.33%
You better hitch the wagon and come get me-it's bad! 1 4.17%
Other (care to explain?) 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 11:09 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

DEB- Has Michael lost weight? He no longer has that baby face, quite a cutie! BTW- what was the original heart condition of your neighbor? Most people think having a heart transplant is a simple solution for a messed up heart- not true. I feel like it's trading one set of problems for another. I couldn't tell you how many times I've been asked why doesn't he just get a transplant. And like I can just go out and pick one of a grocery shelf. I even had my Aunt call me one time and tell me that a little boy Boogie's age had just died, could Boogie have his heart!! Geez, there needs to be more awareness about organ donation and transplants. But you know, unless you have experienced something like this or know someone who has, you really don't know how it works. Before Boogie, I didn't have a clue what Congenital Heart Disease meant. Also, when asked at the DMV if I wanted to be an organ donator, I would reply no and think gross. I was very naive and misinformed. Now I tell everyone that yes, please donate all you can of me! It brings me some comfort now, knowing with my death that I can bring life to someone else. Okay, I'm off my soapbox,lol.

I got back on the computer to look at ABC's website. I think I'm ordering most of my friend's kids stuff from there, plus Mom and Dad. They got this palm thingy, an electronic personal assistant, with games and stuff on it for $8.95. My friend has 3 kids close in age(preteen and one teen), so I think I'll order 3. My Dad's been collecting coins and I ran across a WWII penny collection for $5.95 and a nickel one for $12.95. They also have alot of Nascar stuff for racing fans. I'm trying to avoid the stores and having to search and search. I already have Ashley's and Boogie's on layaway and I also have the Daisy collection thru ABC in my closet for Ashley. I hate last minute shopping.

I'm trying to do good with my eating today, yes I know it's early but I've been up for awhile. I've had an apple, NSA yogurt, and 2 scrambled eggs. Okay, going back to the ABC site..check back later.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:22 AM   #122  

Hey Everybody! Hope all have an on plan weekend. I am going to do my best to stay on plan, however, I have a wedding and two parties to attend. Last night, I went to get fitted for the wedding I am standing in on the 21st. The dressmaker actually had to take in some more on the skirt because it was too loose in my waist. When I had the dress completely on, she commented how I had a great shape with perfect proportions. I almost cried when she said this because I am so used to thinking I have an apple shape that will follow me for life, I hadn't taken the time to notice that sugarbusters has converted that apple into an hourglass. I am still far from where I want to be but pleased anyway.
Things have been stressful at work. We had to inform the police yesterday of a viloence plan that one of the clients had against me and my supervisor. Death threats..another fun part of the job. I really don't think this person would harm me, but it is quite unsettling anyway. We have to take all threats seriously.

I don't have much time to post but will try and check back later for individual replies. I did browse some of yesterdays posts and will try to catch up. The secretary is out today so things are CRAZY. We really can't run the office without her!!!
If I don't get back, have a great day and an even better weekend- Ashley
Old 11-07-2003, 11:48 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

TGIF.

It has taking me a while to get on here. I started reading the posts this morning and I was totally exhausted. Not tired, just my whole body is exhausted. I could hardly lift my arms. I'm not hungry at all. Don't know what it is, probably my RA. It doesn't seem to be flaring, but who know how it acts. Anyway I was reading posts but too tired to make notes so now I don't know where I left off. So if I missed you, I'm sorry. Hopefully Monday I'll be back to good notes and posts.

My boss brought in my favorite do-nuts. Glazed twist. Theya re loaded with glaze. I shut the box and got some cheese. Good thing I really don't have an appetite today.

No big plans for the weekend. May hit a craft show with DD. That will probably cost me.

Oh well, on to posts before I get to tired to type.

Bob, the next time you are in Lou, we better meet up. I would love to meet Cathy too. I love Oprah's Christmas show where she has her favorite things and then gives them to the audiance. I would love to be there. I'm about half way throiugh that book you posted from. Didn't have the energy to do the test. Sure wish Kim would get back on here.

Toni, You are doing great. Glad you are still OP.

Pancho, you are making a big dent in your shopping. I have't even thought about it yet.

Teensy, sorry you haven't got your deer yet. Hang in there. I never bet much so I don't win much. I had the show horse int he first race and got my money back and then down hill from there. The last race I picked the winner but didn't bet it. Story of my life.

Jecrites, glad youare resisting that candy. Just keep kicking yourself.

Sef, I wouldn't give DD anything they way she treats you. Glad bear is feeling better.

Monet, of course we miss you when you don't post. I always know how many people I need to fee, but never sure what size cake feeds how many. Hope today is not frustrating.

Chris, prayer for your GM. I doubt that you are really up 5 lbs. Keeping my for you.

Gator, have fun in Gainsville, You deserve a good weekend of rest.

Heartmom, don't get on that scale. We don't want you postal. Give it a couple of days and you will be back to normal. Have a good OP weekend.

Woodfrogs, have a nice long weekend. I'm jealous.

Deb, Michael doesn't look like a nerd at all. But he does look intelligent. He also looks like you. Very handsome. (Michael not you). You were right, all the pics were great. The last one will bring tears to your eyes.

Lynn, I thought you meant you were doing Ray's list too. Have a safe trip. You are such a lovely couple. Not what I had pictured. I thought you were blond.

Ashley, You are such a beautiful girl, with a beautiful figure. You shouldn't be surprised when people tell you that. I know we never think of ourselves like that. I know it madeyou feel so good especially when they had to take the dress up more. Be careful. Don't disregard those death threats. People are so strange these days you never know what they will do. Have fun at the wedding and parties.

Have a great day. Will try to check back before I head home.

Jackie
Old 11-07-2003, 12:16 PM   #124  

Good morning...quick hello before heading back to the hospital.

DEB - what a handsome little man! He looks so much like you...from your pics anyway! Send some recent ones of Lauren now. Yes my memory is ok for some things..but not for others. I will talk to you tomorrow morning right?

JACKIE and TEENSY- I hope you are right about the weight.

PANCHO - Yes I think I may have to agree that he wont propose...he seems like he has no desire to settle down yet.
Not a lot more than you, but my mother was there and also spent over $100. She went back to get them for my twin nieces today too! GM's cant get for one and not the other....

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND GUYS!

Chris
Old 11-07-2003, 12:17 PM   #125  

p.s.

KITTY - Tell BF I said GO BUCS!!!!!
Old 11-07-2003, 12:53 PM   #126  
Goddess

Thumbs down Quick Hello!

Hello all--Just a bried pop in to say hey! I haven't been on since Wed. and I see that the board has been pretty busy!

I'll only be able to get in a few replies---

Deb--so sorry about missing your birthday. Quite honestly, if you don't tell us at the beginning of the week who has birthdays that week--I don't know when anyone's birthday are! I can relate though, I had a really crappy birthday this year too. Still, for Eli and Michael to forget and then for us not to know. . . it stinks!!!! I was in quite a funk after my birthday as well so I certainly understand that.

Monet--I haven't been on since Tuesday either! I know you've done this before, but I misplaced your recipe for WW pie crust. I have some good mountain apples and am hankering for a pie. . .please!

OK got to go--trying for a complete reorganization of my office space in the house this weekend--EEEK!

Have a good OP weekend everyone! Tomorrow is Auburn v. Ole Miss. Must also come up with tailgating food that I can and SHOULD eat!

Susan
Old 11-07-2003, 01:20 PM   #127  

Deb- Just got a chance to look at the pics you posted. Michael is ADORABLE. Smart, good looking....he is a package deal (Too bad he's not about 10 years older)

YellowRose- You look great! Keep up the fantastic work!!

jackK- Hope it's not your RA flaring. Maybe just some new upper body exercises? Sometimes it is worse 2 days after I start a new routine. I am hoping that's all it is and doesn't get in the way of you having a great weekend. So, lets just blame it on that new workout you got from the fitness magazine. Yeah, that's it...denial is such a great thing. Take Care. I will talk to you on Mon.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:04 PM   #128  

Hey Guys and Gals!

Just got Jared back from his father and I have him ALLLLLLL weekend. Nice to have him back! I think I'm going to take him to the mall when he wakes up from his nap.

Something funky is going on with my stomach. I keep going to the bathroom if you know what I mean. Is this detox?

My mother is telling me about how much sugar there is in fruit. I have been eating pears and plums. Also, she said cheese isn't good either. She is a nurse who has a Nutrition class. Apparently she doesn't follow her own advice because she is diabetic and hasn't lost any weight. The scale is moving in the right direction so I'm happy. Hopefully it will keep going and not stall like it tends to do.

Great pics Deb! Michael is a cute boy. If only I was younger. Heavy sigh!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Ilana
Old 11-07-2003, 03:09 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Fillise, hope you master that office. I need to do that with my closet. WTG on taking some legal food to the game with you. Have fun.

Ashley, I don't think the routine is the cause. The girls at work say I'm cranky too. no, TOM is not near. Who know? Have you heard from Fruit lately. She is MIA.

Mom, fruit has natural sugar. If you are eating fruits and veggies, it's the fiber that could be keeping you close to the potty.

Jackie
Old 11-07-2003, 03:59 PM   #130  

Default Hey, what happened??..

I didn't get on last night but so many new posts today...lol. I went to Target this morning to check out a booster seat for Jess. She is outgrowing her carseat and she is only 30 lbs, must be around 37 to 38 inches tall...have to measure her because lately, everyone kept telling me how tall she is. We bought her the Grace Turbo Booster seat which is on sale for $50. I read a lot of good reviews about it yesterday night so hopefully we made the right choice co'z she is stucked with it for a long long time. Yep, her last carseat. I also checked out some analog scales and few scales gave me different numbers. The cheapest one and the Taylor $19.99 works about the same but some more expensive one actually gave me slightly higher numbers. I am confused so I ended up not buying any. Oh, according to the 2 cheaper scales I mentioned above, I am now 118lbs, which means I have lost 9 lbs. According to the expensive scales, I am now at 124lbs, which means I lost 3 lbs. Hmmm...which one should I choose?? LOL. Btw, I am only 5 ft 2 1/2. Well, I will hold it out until I check out Bed and Baths. Thanks Deb for your suggestion.

Some replies :

BOB : I am in Fayetteville, which is close to Clayton County, where Kitty is. I love it here, lotsa land, quiet and nice people. The tax is high though and the school system is one of the best in GA! Yes, someday, I would really like to meet the rest who lives in GA.

Monet : I would be frustrated too. You know often we forgot to think about how the other person would feel. I have to remind myself if I order a cake or anything over to phone to get my info ready. I totally understand your frustration. {{hugs}} Oh, Publix is our fav store and we shop there every weekend. We go to the one in Peachtree City but we used to shop in the one in Pavillian, Fayetteville. I have heard of Peachtree Corners but then again, I don't know where. I love Publix's cakes especially their cream cakes. They make one Chocolate cream cake and I think that it is the best chocolate cake ever!!!! LOL. I don't care too much for cake but that chocolate cake was a hit to me and dh (he doesn't like chocolate too). I really have to go to Harry's to get some Agave. I found an online store and they are about $4.00 one 1 bottle. Which Harry's did you go to?

heart : Hope you are feeling better now and get some rest too. I felt bloated around Halloween when I cheated and it took me few days to feel better.

woodfrogs : Have fun on your trip!

Debbie : What is HFS? Is it the recipe link on top of the page? I will try to look for it. Nope, I haven't watch Extreme Makeover for a while now but I used to. For all the shows that I watched, the changes were dramatic so I am not surprise. Oh my, oh my, Michael is a cutie! The phone must be ringing off the hooks...lol. He doesn't look nerdy, just studious and intelligent! I am going to try to find the Health-O-Meter brand because the few brands I saw seem to give me different readings. I would love to meet up if you driveby and I hope to meet Monet someday too. Oh, now I have to get Agave because of the good reviews I get here. I certainly don't like Splenda or the other artificial sweeteners. I bought Breyers Vanilla and chocolate fudge yesterday and it was really good. The best part is, I noticed that Breyers have one of the lowest sugar per serving compared to other brands (not SF types). It has about 14 to 15 grams compared to 21 grams. Dh said he was glad the "fake" stuff is out of the fridge. How terrible! LOL.

Kittykat : Dh and I stayed in College Park for 6 months before we bought our first home. That was about 4 years ago. Where do you plan to move to? I like the south too as I love the space, the security and the people..absolutely wonderful! Yes, maybe we could meet one someday! As for the recipe, you can used Triscuits or WW breadcrumbs. Both will work just fine. Cheese itself would be just fine too. You can definitely used the low-fat mayo and low fat sour-cream (if you don't follow the recipe like me...lol).

Pancho : I haven't leave Jess much since she was born. She is 2 1/2 years old now. Both dh and my family is not here so our first choice has been taken away. We have some friends but they were all on the other side of town. Since last year, we met some wonderful people when we were building our home and now we are all neighbors/friends and we go to the same church too. One of them have 17 year old dd and she loves Jess so she offered to watch jess if we need to go out. She has watched Jess once when we were moving to our current home and she managed to put Jess to nap....wow! I was amazed...lol. Now that she school starts, I don't really want to bother her but she said she is willing to watch Jess for us on Sunday but not too late. That was so nice of her. I really like her and feel comfortable with her watching dd. I am thinking of a date with dh soon I hope you find someone you are comfortable with. I know that's very important!

JackieO : What a wonderful comment from the dressmaker! I am sure you will look great in your dress.

mom2jared : Glad you will have Jared with you all weekend. Have fun! Hope tummy feels better soon. Once in a while I have one of those especially when I ate too much, legal or non-legal stuff. It usually didn't last more than few hours for me.

Good day everyone!

Julia
Old 11-07-2003, 04:06 PM   #131  

Hello everyone.

It's late once again for me to be posting. I had to call the docs to get a refill on Katie's nose spray and then sit and wait for them to call me back and let me know they were calling it in. Ran to Wal-Mart to pick it up.

Man of all things to get in the mail, I got a catalog from The Swiss Colony saying "Your Account is Pre-Approved" Yeah right, that's all I need, a book full of chocolate stuff!

Still doing good with the eating. Made burgers last night and some broccoli and beans to go along with it since we really needed to have some veggies. Gonna have chicken once again tonight. Don't know how I'm gonna fix it yet though.

Deb, Michael may be a nerd by his smarts, but as far as looks go, I wouldn't call him a nerd, he's cute!

Teensy, I'm going by memory right now, wasn't it you talking about hunting and not getting anything yet? Hubby has been hunting a little this season and he missed the same deer 4 times one day! He's hasn't been too lucky so far. He just left here a couple mins ago to head back to the woods. I wish you good luck with your hunting.

Jack-k, I am still kicking myself, and still not one piece of candy! I even ignored all the SF kind at Wal-Mart while ago!

Well the girls should be in from school in a few mins, and I told Autumn we'd run to the BX after they got in just to kill some time since it's Friday. Gonna go for now, talk to y'all later.

Jenn
Old 11-07-2003, 04:19 PM   #132  

Default Debbie..

I missed your question earlier about Basa fish. I usually pan-seared it on both side until they are cooked thru which takes only few short mins. Then I add..maybe 1 TB spoon of butter and few tablespoon of water to thin it out slightly so I have a little more sauce The salt and pepper and lastly some fresh lemon juice. If I have parsley, I will tear some in too.

Oh, I did season the fish with a little bit of Lawry seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and pepper. Sometimes, just salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder. I have also baked it in aluminium foil with onions, red bell peppers, scallions, lemon slice and some olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and chopped garlic. Both came out good.

How do you like to cook Basa?

Julia
Old 11-07-2003, 05:02 PM   #133  

Hi everyone! Work today was ok, I did fun stuff all day. Mainly, I made the gourmet desserts for the decadance case. Things like tropical fruit topped pies, cheesecakes and Boston cream cakes. I also did some strawberry ones. Its time consuming and took me the whole morning. I am thankful I don't have to work again until next Thursday! And today, I only had to answer the phone a couple of times. That was the best part of the day, I think!

Not sure what is up tonight. Last night, I had a salad for dinner. I may do the same tonight. I think this is a key for me...eating a very small dinner. I would skip it, but unfortunately, the rest of the family, my wonderful hubby especially, seems to think we should eat dinner! Imagine that!

Time for me to go rustle up some grub....

KENG AND KITTY: Peachtree Corners is Northeast...kind of between Norcross and Duluth. If you are not sure still, think about the circle of 285, and the Y of 85/75 in the middle. Peachtree corners is up the right side, outside the Perimeter off 85. Julia, I go to the Harry's off 85, at Steve Reynolds, in Gwinnett. They have a good supply of Agave on the shelf right now.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:04 PM   #134  

DEB: I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed the girls only email! What a riot! Nice pix of Michael. I still need to take Laura to a photographer for hers. I was NOT going to pay the ridiculous price for the packages from the ones the school had taken.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:11 PM   #135  

Hi,

Deb: I'm not sure you were suppose to put my picture on the board. I am suppose to lose the weight by Feb. and everyone would think I was always that weight. Now, my secret is out! I am going to start running when the camera comes out....oh but then, someone might take a picture of my backside....not good. HA! When that picture was taken I had not had my hair cut for months and months. I was waiting for a trip to my hair dresser in Dallas. Next year I will find a good hair dresser in NC.

Jack-K: You might have thought I was blond because of my Yellowrose logo. Melf thought I would be a redhead like Trish and herself. I can't think, other than that, why you thought me blond. If my hair keeps turning "silver" I could tint it easily to blond or red.

I have been working very hard at this packing thing all day. I think I will take a break, have a glass of wine and do my nails....poor things.
Closed Thread