Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: So, Halloween is over, how well did you do on your prediction?
I did exactly as I said, just one piece! 1 4.17%
I did exactly as I said, not one piece! 9 37.50%
I did exactly as I said, just had a piece of SB Legal Chocolate! 1 4.17%
I did exactly what I said that night, there after, it's a different story! 1 4.17%
I failed, but not too bad! 4 16.67%
I failed, and miserably at that! 1 4.17%
You mean Halloween is over? I'm still celebrating! 0 0%
I plead the Fifth. I'm not saying anything to incriminate myself! 2 8.33%
You better hitch the wagon and come get me-it's bad! 1 4.17%
Other (care to explain?) 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 08:44 AM   #106  
Little Engine That Could

Just checking in again. I'm still alive! My DH is taking the day off and will do a bit of work at home before we go to a local art show out at Downtown Disney. Then we're off to Gainesville for the weekend.

I haven't lost any weight, but am staying the same, even after the disaster last weekend. Haven't walked as much this week. My French class is gearing up for the big push to finals. I have turned in the last of my compositiions and just about worked my head off this past week to get them done. I didn't want to wait to the very last minute, so cranked out 3 papers in one week. Thank goodness that's over. Now I just have 2 quizzes and the final to contend with. Have enjoyed the class a lot and hope to take an advanced French oral communication class next semester. The oral communication is what languages are all about. I'd love to go to the 4 week abroad class in June, but don't know yet if I can go. My DH isn't too keen on it. Otherwise, I'd go for sure.

Well, I havent had breakfast yet. So have a great day, y'all.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:44 AM   #107  

Good morning all. Don't have time to post to everyone. Its grocery shopping day and I have to go get ready to go. Made cheeseburgers last night. Need to get some more vegetables in my diet. So I need to pick up some today. Hope everyone has a great day....
Old 11-07-2003, 08:54 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

I've been up since 4:15 this morning! TOM is here and not feeling well at all. I actually started about 2 hours before exercise class yesterday and I had to stop halfway in the class and go home. I thought exercise was suppossed to HELP cramps not make it worse. Now I have even more fluid on me and I'M SICK AND TIRED OF IT!!!!!!!! BOB- I'm definetly going to eat some celery today,lol. I'm going to have to be strong with my willpower today- no added salt. That means no canned food, no PB, no lunchmeat or cheese Crap, what the heck is left?! Guess I will have some fruit and veggie salads today, maybe a couple of eggs. This has got to work. I'm thru ranting,lol. I wish I felt like exercising, oh well. I'm not stepping on the scale until next WIW, hopefully it will be back down to 175-176. I have no idea what it is now, but I know I will go postal if I get on it right now. I'm bored now. I didn't clean up after supper last night- so I got up and cleaned the kitchen by 5:30 this AM! Not much else to do. Boogie's been up for about an hour now watching PBS kids. He loves it. It keeps him occupied for at least a couple of hours. I love the way he counts- one, two, three, five six! He's almost got it packed down. PANCHO- so I take it that the Finding Nemo is good? I'm going to get it this evening when I go to WallyWorld. Alright, guys- check in later.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:56 AM   #109  

Good morning everyone,
I feel bad because I haven't posted all week. We went to a wedding Halloween night, stayed away from the potatoes, but did have 2 beers and some cake. Managed to stay away from the halloween candy too. I've only walked on the treadmill 2x this week too. We've been getting the house ready to be painted(interior) next week, plus dance class, and all sorts of other things. WIW was pretty much a maintenance thing, no change. I'm hoping that next week will be better. It sounds like everyone else is doing pretty well. I bought the turkey for Thanksgiving and put her in the freezer, we've got 10-12 people coming over.
It's a long weekend this weekend, going to Lake George for a little R&R, shopping and hiking. Hope to take some good pics.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Barbara
270/226/135
Old 11-07-2003, 09:56 AM   #110  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Friday Morning!

My parents just left to go home, kids are at school, ELI at work and me, I have the house and all the mess all to myself

I have a few things to get done today, more things though in the afternoon, before getting the kids. I'm way behind in posts so I'm just going to jump right in...

PANCHO, M&M's reg., peanuts or another type? I bought so many bags of the mini peanut M&M's at Target the other day, .02cents a bag! They were marked 75% off and I had coupons for $1 when you bought 2 bags - what a steal! Not touching a single one of them. Hoping to use them for LAUREN'S party in January. Last year for TG I made a pumpkin pie that had cream cheese in it, was delish. Not sure what I'll do this year, maybe a pumpkin loaf cake. Haven't tried that before, though I do love the pumpkin pie!

CHRIS, I can see you have a VERY good memory! Oh, to be young again!!!! Called UF today. May see when I can take MICHAEL up there in early December. Will let you know if and when. DM wants to go, so it will be a full car. *****ing by GM is good-hope she gets sprung soon. Don't worry about being up 5lbs - you sure didn't do that from eating all the wrong foods and too much of them. Be patient, it will go down just as mysteriously as it went up.

CHERYL, it's something new I found I could do recently, move posts, but if it's an older post then it sorta screws things up. BUT, I think I can figure out how to make it more current-just by doing a post myself. This will work when someone's started their own thread, but wouldn't work if they posted on a really old thread. I guess it's going to take some time to tweak.

HEART, I forgot to mention, I just found out our neighbors son, who had a heart problem, just got a transplant about 2 months ago and is doing well, though I hear he's all puffed up from the drugs. He's the one who I mentioned that his DM had the tag for the car. I haven't seen him yet. He's a freshman in high school but he's so tiny you'd think he's still in middle school. Sorry to hear you had a sleepless night

KEN, I actually posted the list for the breakfast foods long ago. I had them in my old computer but lost them when I got a trojan horse. I remembered I'd posted them on the board before though and just did a search then copied them. I hope you're around for a long time too. The pancake mix, you should be able to find it at a HFS and if not, I do have recipes to make your own mix, possibly already posted on the board long ago, so let me know if you want me to find that for you. Speaking of nerds...did you see EXTREME MAKEOVER last week? The nerdies guy, they made him over and OMG, it was amazing to see THAT transformation. I thank goodness MICHAEL does not look like a nerd! I LOVE the basa - how'd you fix it? Hope to one day get to meet you when I venture through GA one day-if you get to meet up with MONET, you'd love her. I met her at HARRY'S last time I drove through. You should try to meet her up there one day. Agave, I use mostely for baking, too expensive to use in drinks IMHO, good on pancakes watered down a tad (or straight if you like) No aftertaste at all, to me, it tastes like light cornsyrup. As for the scale, I've had digital and dial, and I like dial better. I personally like the HEALTH-O-METER brands. Check out BED BATH & BEYOND, or LINEN'S & THINGS for larger selections AND you can use those 20% coupons! Isn't it nice when others notice your weight loss - CONGRATS!

BOB, tahini, pita, coffee, whatever you may need you know I'll bring it up. I mentioned to CHRIS that I may try to take MICHAEL up to UF early Dec., but nothing for sure, but will let you know. LAUREN is doing very well and I've been so surprised how well since this is her first time on a diet. I do see a slight difference in her face. I know, come Tuesday, she's so looking forward to eating some different foods. Sorry, dog house is too good for ELI. You can have that humble abode, he can sleep outside, near your feet!!! Parents were here for 2 nights while their house got tented for termites. Hear from QUILTER? I sent an e-mail about a week or so ago and got no reply. May have to give her a ring! Don't worry, I scored a 35, not far behind you! How'd you get all that text from THIN TASTES BETTER? That's the book I've recommended people to read - good job BOB!

TEENSY, okay, 'spalin about the sex and hunting thing Warm up to the 40's??? OMG, it's that cold already? We're dying with mid 80's here! Don't worry girlfriend, I feel very stupid around MICHAEL and his friends. I'll have to get a copy of this poem he wrote last week, then you'll REALLY understand what I'm talking about!

SEF, sounds like you got some great stuff for such little money. What is DIL warning you about giving DS? Where in FL are DIL & DS going to be? Thanks for MICHAEL'S congrats Glad to hear BEAR is doing better!

MONET, of COURSE you were missed, what would give you a thought otherwise? I remember you had to work later in the week, just figured, after all those days off you needed some time to recuperate after being with the WWotB Heck, I can talk to ELI, sure, but it seems the mans brains just don't retain what the heck I say. Figured, maybe when I'm dead and gone he'll come around!

GATOR, have a nice weekend in Gainsville. Hoping to take MICHAEL up there next month to check out the honors dorms and the school. Can't wait to hit the HFS in the area as well, among a few other stores - need more time!!!

TONI, thanks for checking in!!!

Okay gals, I'm outta here. Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous weekend. I'll check in later with you all.

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie

Old 11-07-2003, 10:06 AM   #111  

Here's one of MICHAEL'S graduation pictures
Old 11-07-2003, 10:06 AM   #112  

Hello! Thanks for all of the warm welcomes!
Thanks Debelli for moving my post.

I am actually a wee bit south of Atlanta. I live in Clayton County...Where the schools are bad! It's near Hartsfield Airport. I grew up in Forest Park and have basically lived there or in Clayton Co. all of my life. BF and I plan on moving a little further south or west since everyone is leaving me! My Dad moved to Newnan about 7 years ago. My Mom moved to Zebulon (past Griffin) about 6 years ago. My cousin is moving to Barnesville (past McDonough) whenever she sells her house. I want a newer/bigger house with more land and privacy.

Monet-I'm not sure where Peachtree Corners is located? I so love Publix cakes! Buttercream icing! Mmmmm...Bad for me! My Mom's old friend used to decorate cakes. I bought a lot of the Wilton stuff to do it but am too lazy and not very creative. I have made a promise to start trying it all out next year! Then maybe I can get a pt job at Publix! If I was really good at it I would like to work at a catering/party planning company. I would love to do stuff like that. Maybe one day! I currently work in the accounting world...No degree.

Kengjw-Maybe if we get up some more people we can all meet up sometime and have a SB lunch! That recipe looks good! I will probably try it. Is it for maintenance. The crackers...Whole wheat?

Chris-My BF loves TB Buccanners! He's a huge fan! He places bets all the time! When they played the Falcons, he was the only one out of all of his friends with TB gear on!

Better get to

TTYS! (Talk To You Soon!)
Old 11-07-2003, 10:10 AM   #113  

YEAH, it worked! Here's another one:
Old 11-07-2003, 10:12 AM   #114  

Last one, I promise!
Old 11-07-2003, 10:18 AM   #115  

Yeah, all three pics worked. There you have him, my cute nerd!!!

WOOD, we were posting at the same time. Hey, you're 2 days on the TM are better than my big fat ZERO of doing any exercise!

KITTY, glad you were able to mosey on over to this board, where all the partying takes place I do hope you GEORGIA PEACHES can meet up. Do keep in mind that we are having a SB GET TOGETHER in February in LA should you decide to stay with us and want to join in.

Okay, off to do other things since I potchkeyed around with the pictures already

Deb
Old 11-07-2003, 10:24 AM   #116  

Go figure...I was at 121.5# this morning after eating half a cow for lunch yesterday. This weight thing is kinda funny; although I won't complain. I had baked chicken, small amount of ranch style beans & Caesar salad for dinner last night. I've had yogurt so far this morning with flax meal and nuts in it. I will have a zucchini muffin soon.

I am going to jump into posts so I can get laundry started, dinner in slow cooker and something done to this face & hair.

Teensy: Hope your pork recipe turns out well. I'll let you know about the cheesecake; I'll probably make it this weekend. Those last 10#'s seem to take the longest time to come off, but they eventually do.

jecrites: Good luck this weekend; it is always the real test.

Monet: Of course you were missed. Sometimes people just don't have a clue. I'd tell them you are busy and to call back when they have it all figured out. As far as this "Golden Grandma"...she is just one of a few ladies that "babysit," therefore no need to be bonded or insured. I do attend a church, but we are so far out from anyone. We live in a rural area, and sometimes people don't want to come out here, especially at night, when it is so dark. Britt attends a Christian school and I am looking into a few of the "recommended" gals from there. One is a senior there and is an aide in Britt's class so she already knows Britt & Britt knows and likes her. The other one graduated from there last year and is now in college, but is always looking at making a little $. Thanks for the info.; it is appreciated.

chrisd: You got a Simba & a Nala???? You must've dropped more cash then I did . I really hope that BOB picks Kelly Jo, and not the whiny Stella. Mary was gorgeous and very sweet, but I can understand him not keeping her. If she was down to the final 2 and then he dropped her...OUCH....she would be a real mess. I think he will pick Kelly Jo, but he won't propose...just my prediction. He's not ready to settle down again. I think he will tell her that he wants to pursue the relationship but not get married at this time. She's the opposite of Mary; she's quite young (23).

heart: I liked Finding Nemo, but Britt thought it was too long. The beginning was a little frightening, and the shark made a few appearances and was a little scary, but overall a very cute movie. Britt wanted the Piglet Movie and I was looking for a shopping cart as a joint gift for her and Lane, and that is what brought me to Toys R Us. So, I could've technically walked out of there spending less than $40, but NOOOOO I had to look around.

Wood: Have a fun weekend away.

Deb: I love plain M&M's mixed in with my popcorn. If I am eating them alone, I'd pick peanut or almond. I love the nuts...not too crazy about the peanut butter or crispy ones though. I was going to ask why you bought the M&M's regardless of the great price, but if you are saving them for Lauren's party....alright I won't nag on ya . Make sure to have someone else in the family hide them somewhere where they will remember them come February, but you won't be able to find them. I love anything with pumpkin in it. I am going to go peruse recipes on this board later today and see if I can find some recipes for some pumpkin muffins or bread or something.

Well, have a great day, everyone!!!
Nat
Old 11-07-2003, 10:27 AM   #117  

AWESOME PICTURES, DEB!!!!

THANKS FOR SHARING. HE DOESN'T LOOK TOO NERDY TO ME! LOOKS RATHER CUTE!

NAT
Old 11-07-2003, 10:40 AM   #118  

Hi,

I am going to try to hold on to the computer until Sat and then it will need to be packed away for the trip to Dallas. I am still continuing with my list and I think I am doing more things off the list than on it. Maybe I will just add them so I can cross them off.

Deb: Such great pictures of Michael! Thanks for sharing them.

Bob: Thanks for going to all the trouble to copy the information and get it to us. Interesting stuff.

Monet: Actually, I did miss you and was going to ask about you. I am always glad to see you posts.

Gatorgal: French class sounds verrrry busy. I remember classes and the big push at the end. Especially hated to study for finals when I would have rather been Christmas shopping. Are you going to be at the New Orleans meeting? I enjoyed our visit the last time we were together.

Okay, back to lists.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:41 AM   #119  

Okay, so I'm on a roll here. MICHAEL showed me a new way to work on pictures.

Here's 3 in 1 that my DM took of YELLOWROSE and her absolutely DH, RAY while in NC. The other guy in the middle pic on the left is my DD!
Old 11-07-2003, 10:53 AM   #120  

Okay, that didn't turn out like I'd hoped. Here's hopefully a better looking upload of 2 of the 3 pics.
Closed Thread