Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: So, Halloween is over, how well did you do on your prediction?
I did exactly as I said, just one piece! 1 4.17%
I did exactly as I said, not one piece! 9 37.50%
I did exactly as I said, just had a piece of SB Legal Chocolate! 1 4.17%
I did exactly what I said that night, there after, it's a different story! 1 4.17%
I failed, but not too bad! 4 16.67%
I failed, and miserably at that! 1 4.17%
You mean Halloween is over? I'm still celebrating! 0 0%
I plead the Fifth. I'm not saying anything to incriminate myself! 2 8.33%
You better hitch the wagon and come get me-it's bad! 1 4.17%
Other (care to explain?) 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 07:25 PM   #31  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

DAY 1 OF THE NEW COMPUTER SAGA!

It proved to be a good day! There are some glitches, but that's to be expected with anything new. My portion of the system is actually very easy to manuver. The nerves and anxiety were all for nothing! I'm sure as our SEASON progresses, I will get stressed again, but I know it's "doable"
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE IN ME!!!

THE "EX" SAGA!!!

THE CALL CAME THIS MORNING AT WORK!!! It actually turned out to be a plesant conversation. He wanted to talk about his Mother, and I listened, giving my 2 cents every now and then.
Since I haven't talked or seen him for many many years, I learned
today that he hasn't had a drink in 10 yrs! He has been working for the same company for the last 8 yrs (which is a miracle in it's self).
We talked for about 1 1/2 hrs and when we finished, I really felt better about the whole situation. My feelings are not that I want to rush back into his arms or anything, but it was good to clear the air (so to speak). He appreciated the call that I made to the funeral home on Friday, and knowing him as I do, he was sincere and I could tell. There was no romantic talk, just a conversation between two people who have known each other for 24 yrs. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Gotta run, Everyone have a great evening!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 11-03-2003 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:07 PM   #32  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Where did the day go? Been on the computer too much today doing Habitat business, started before breakfast! Went to NH, made three different kind of desserts for the women's Bible study tomorrow. The Triple Layer Jello, the Quick Choc Mousse Cheesecake, and something I heard on TV, but have not tried. Use orange SF Jello, mix w/ hot water as instructed, replace cold water w/ equal amount of LF or NF Vanilla Yogurt. Supposed tot aste like a orange creamsicle. I tasted the spoon after mixing and I bet it will come close to that flavor sensation.

Had to take my big furry baby to the vet this afternoon. He squirted blood this a.m. on the dressing room floor this a.m. Vet poked a long rod up poor kitty's butt and it did not come out bloody. Tests showed no parasites, etc. Many the blood did not come from there, maybe he spit it up. Doctor said everything felt normal. Beaar may have picked up a bug. Gave hime three shots. Hope they help.

I had two good things today. Went to WD and decided to get DIL a plant that advertised buy 1 get 1 free. There were no signs at flower section. Girl said not this week, must be thinking last week. Went up front got flyer and showed it to her. She said they had not given her any info on it. Gave me my 2 plants and as I left she was putting stickers on the plants! Then in vets office as girl was putting Bear's info in computer I was reading signs. When she told me amount of bill, I said all I haad to do when she was working was read signs, one said Seniors be sure to ask for your discount. Girl said oops I forgot, redid bill and knocked off 12 bucks!

TONI: It always amazes me, the Small World thing!

GREEN: I don't do sewing anymore. I used to make our clothes, recover the furniture, make curtains and drapes. The whole smear. Did some machine embroidery. Did I tell you my DD is a nurse too? She does OB/GYN. Works at three or four different hospitals in the Baltimore area through an agency.

PANCHO: I have CRS so forgive me, was you that asked about the sauerkraut recipe? If so.............shred cabbage, stuff into clean quart canning jars. Add 1 t. salt, fill to top of jar with water (may have to slide a knife down through cabbage to get water through so there's no air bubbles, screw cap on loosely. Line a shelf that is in a cool place (not next to the water heater!) with a heavy layer of newspaper and set jars on it. Forget about them for 6 weeks (actually you won't be able to the sauerkraut smell will keep reminding you!). Open jars and top off with enough water to fill jars to top. Screw lids back on tightly. Viola! Sauerkraut. I made it that way for years. Hmmmmm? Was it Teensy that asked?

Well, want to do my nails and read the paper. Should get to those bills!

My MM: You're A Keeper.._

A Keeper...

It was a way of life, and sometimes it made me crazy. All that re-fixing, reheating, renewing, I wanted just once to be wasteful. Waste meant affluence. Throwing things away meant you knew there'd always be more.

But then my Mother died, and on that clear summer's night, in the warmth of the hospital room, I was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't any 'more.' Sometimes, what we care about most gets all used up and goes away...never to return. So...while we have it...it's best we love it.....and care for it .....and fix it when it's broken.....and heal it when it's sick.

This is true.....for marriage.....and old cars.....and children with bad report cards.....and dogs with bad hips.....and aging parents.....and grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it. Some things we keep. Like a best friend that moved away -- or -- a classmate we grew up with.

There are just some things that make life important, like people we know who are special.....and so, we keep them close! I received this from someone who thought I was a 'keeper'! Now I give it to the people I think of in the same way.

You're a Keeper!

Take care, Shirley
Old 11-03-2003, 09:18 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

Yes I started SBD today. Was surprisingly simple. I think because I ate so much crap food for 2 days I was happy to eat good! My daughter did good too.

Monet
What a great idea to mix the all fruit preserves with the plain yogurt!! I'm going to give it a try after I get past these 2 weeks of no fruit.

Toni
What a great meal plan you had today! I love fresh tomatoes!
It was fine on SBD today. I just have to watch it to make sure I don't mistakenly eat an induction no-no. I'm not really a big meat eater so it's weird to fill up on meat. It's SB with no fruit or starchy carbs. Eats, meat, cheese, low carb veggies and nuts. Oh and the book says not to be hungry so portion is up to you.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:30 PM   #34  

Wink Yawnnn....(m)

I fell asleep earlier when I was laying down with Jess. Good thing my husband called or else I would have slept until he came home...lol. Gosh, that 45 mins nap made me more tired than before...yawnnn.

Some replies :

Debbie : My husband, Phil is a broadcast engineer and he starts work around 3.00pm. He used to do the overnight shift and I really don't like that as when we were up, he was sleeping. He is also a part-time home builder during the day...yeah, he wished they are more hours in one day.

I am sorry that Eli disappointed you. I know I would be mad too....oh yes, very mad! When I read your story earlier, it reminded me of a radio interview I heard a while back. A successful businessman was being interviewed and he mentioned how busy he used to be and how much money he earned. He was just so into his work and his priority was his job and making lotsa money. He said that he came to his senses one day after he realized that his family no longer likes to be around him. They planned their activities without him and hoping that he wouldn't come. (They took vacation without him too) He wasn't like by his family much at that point and he said it sucked to know that your OWN family doesn't want to be around you. Then he realized what was important to him and soon changed his priorities. {{{hugs}}} to you and hope that one day...soon Eli realized that work is JUST work...will always be there but YOU and your family is wayyyyy more important.

Teensybean : Thanks for sharing the pic. You looked great!! I don't know how much you weighed before but you sure look very good now!

Toni48 : I used to wait up for dh almost every night because of my night owl nature but lately after the time changed, dd started to wake up at 6-something am so I felt so sleep-deprived. I tried to sleep a litle earlier, at least get my 7 hours in but that doesn't always happen. The good news is, dd is back on track so I get a little more time to sleep in in the mornings.

green rn : Hope your dh is feeling better already. My dh hurt his back few months ago while planting som big trees. That really hurt him and since then we have had the landscaper put the big trees in...lol. AS for why I tested my blood sugar 1 hour to 2 hours after meal that day, yes, you are right. I wanted to see how much rise the general tso chicken affected my blood sugar. Just for a peace of mind...lol. When I was pregnant with dd 3 years ago, I had gestational diabetes so I was on the ADA diet and was asked to check my blood sugar 2 hours after each meal plus fasting. Now, I am glucose intolerance and my dr only wants me to take my fasting in the morning ocassionally...he said it is most accurate. So far since I started SB, my fasting numbers have been lower and I try not to eat too late and snack before I go to bed. That seems to help. Oh, there was an explanation I heard a while back from some diabetics in another website about high fasting. They said that sometimes at night your blood sugar might dropped very low and your kidney (is it kidney...lol) will make some sugar to rise it back to the safe level hence the high fasting number. Some said that they eat a little light snack before they go to bed and said that helps. I used to do that but now I don't. I really don't know if that is true. Just thought I let you know anyway.

chrisd : Sorry to hear about your grandmother's admission. I hope and pray for her speedy recovery.

pancho : What happened to your dd was so scary indeed. I am so glad that she is okay now. {{{hugs}}

Monet : You and your dd must be very close and it is so nice to feel needed even when out kids has their own family isn't it? Okay, my dd is only 2 1/2 years old but I know time flies

gatorgal : I don't do Halloween as well. When I was at the old house, I just have the outside light off and the trick-or-treaters seemed to understand that there were no candies in that house...lol. Since moving here 10 months ago, I have came to know more neighbors here than at the old place which I stayed for 4 years. So, I did prepare some candies (actually hoping to get rid of dh's candies...lol) just incase some kids came by but none did because we were at the other end of the subdivision.

Mom2jared : Congrats on your first SB day. Your menu looks great except that I would have starved to death if it was me...lol. I need my starchy carbs every meal or else I will start to shake very soon after lunch. As days go by, eating SB way will be easier and you will be more familiar with what you can and cannot eat, mostly what you can't eat which is not much. That is why I love SB. It has so many varieties and I can still have my starchy carbs...lol. Okay, you can tell that I like my carbs right? lol. I have to check my blood sugar once in a while, just to make sure I am not eating way too much of them either. I am also not familiar with the restaurant you mentioned. You can probably ask for another veges to substitute your rice if they have one in menu. Beans are just fine though.

Does anyone knows any SF ice-cream that has no sugar alchohol in it? I tried Breyers SF for the first time and it was much better than I thought but my tummy can't handle it even if it is half cup. Gosh, I cannot leave the house for the whole day..lol.

I make eggplant parmesan for the first time today and it was not too bad, although too salty (my fault). I got the inspiration from here and forgot who put out the recipe, thanks! I am going to try chicken parmesan sometime this week.

I have another question : what do you eat for breakfast? I am running out of ideas, from eggs to peanut butter sandwich...getting tired!

Thanks and am very proud that I am up-to-date in reading the posts here but then again, as I am typing, I realized more posts appear...oh well...lol. Have a goodnight everyone!

Julia
Old 11-04-2003, 07:58 AM   #35  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Morning All

Wanted to get on the board and catch up while there isn't too much catching up to do

Not much to tell since my last post, so I'll dive right in...

BOB, happy all things went well with the phone call - you had to do what you felt was right. From your previous posts it sounded like you were struggling with a decision.

SEF, sorry to hear about the kitty scare but glad to know that vet didn't find anything. Who knows, maybe kitty found some edible blood containing bug and munched on it, squirting it's icky blood? Good job on the plants AND the vet bill! Always ready to save money, it's the spending I'm not too good at

CHERYL, how old is your DD that's doing SOBE with you? LAUREN has done the first week and I'm soooo impressed on her and her diligence not to cheat. She didn't check the scale today but I do see a slight difference in her face. I know she's sooo looking forward to starting phase II of this diet so she can eat some decent food, it's been hard to find foods she likes on SOBE for her.

KEN, I don't think men think in that manor, or at least not many of them. They are workhorses and ELI is the lead horse. Not much I can do or say and *****ing really doesn't help the situation, he's been this way since the day I met him You KNOW you can have BREYERS ice cream, something like vanilla, you don't need to have the SF one AND if you find the lactose free, which is delish, it's even lower in sugar AND fat grams. It's the portion you need to worry about, something I myself cannot control. Strawberry and coffee flavors are also good.

BREAKFAST IDEAS

WW Eng. Muffins
Baked muffins
Quiche
High Fiber Cereals with milk-Uncle Sams, Fiber One
Eggs or Egg Substitute-make a great omelet, hard boiled or scrambled
WW Pancakes or Waffles-FEARN has a great SB LEGAL MIX!
Cottage Cheese-add a little sweetener and cinammon
Plain Yogurt-can be topped with some fresh/frozen berries
Whole Grain Toast-top with a little butter if desired
No Sugar Bacon- Gwaltney's is a great brand to try if you can find it!
Hard Cheese-melted on your toast or in your eggs
Fruit-as your meal, or 1/2 hr before, or 2 hours after
Muffins-lots of recipes to make some SB legal muffins out there
Oatmeal
Breakfast Burrito
Kashi for Breakfast
French Toast (make with egg and Ezekeil or other SB legal bread)

Hope that helps!

Well, I'm going to basically stay home and continue my cleaning efforts. Besides the garage sale in about a week and a half, my parents are coming for a day or two tomorrow while their house is being tented for termites, so I have to get it where they have someplace to sleep!

Will check in later!

Toodles

Deb
Old 11-04-2003, 08:45 AM   #36  

Good morning everyone. Well here goes another day. We have one more day of nice weather here then a cold front is moving in. Cooked my turkey breast for dinner last night and it was so good. I just love those cooking bags. Makes the turkey oh so nice and not dry. I tried a cider vingeratte dressing from the SB book. It was just a simple one. But I'm a die hard Ranch fan. Hope I can do as good today.

Debilli- How bout calling Sunday. Then we can see how my week has gone eating wise. LOL.... Thank you so much. I'll look forward to hearing from you. If Sat. is better thats fine too... Boy those are some long hours Eli has to keep. When I had my own cafe I had to work horrible long hours. There was never enough time for anything. Hope you get all that housework done. I've got lots to tackle, starting with the bathroom. But think I'll walk first...

Bob- Congradulations on mastering your new job at work. I'm glad it came together and is working out. Wow that worked out great with your EX. Maybe this all worked out for the best since now you've cleared the air and got rid of the doubts of talking to him. I think you really handled that great gal!!!!

Sef- I love "The Keeper" that was just beautiful. I hope your kitty is okay. Thats really scary.... Wow you did great on the plant buy. Sounds like you're a busy bee!!!!

Cherylco- Hope you do well on the Beach today. Its amazeing how much the two eating plans are alike. I was really eating to many carbs. And I also kind of over ate on those things Sunday before, knowing that this is it!!! Hope we do good....

kengjw- I know what you mean about breakfast. I made some muffins last week and they came out good. I ate them for breakfast. It was a nice change. But alas this week I'm back to eggs but have hard boiled them.

Well time to get busy. Will check back later....
Old 11-04-2003, 08:56 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Tuesday morning.

We got our 3 mile walk in last eveing plus some extra. D says we need to get it in while it's not raining. I think he is trying to kill me. Did do my wt training and floor exercises when I got home. Didn't want to, but I did. Got out and voted this a.m. Not too much to vote for. I voted for the lesser of 2 evils. That is such a shame to say, but it is true.

Jecrites, try to get back to eating breakfast. It really plays an important part in wt loss. I just read an article on it last night in Health mag. Congrats for making it 1 day. Just take it one day at a time.

Trish, special prayers for Jordan. I bet he breezes through it. Hope you are back on track.

Mom, sounds like your first day was fine. I forgot to count your starchy carbs. Did you get some fruit in too? The headache is from the junk. I had one for 3 days when I got back on track. Amazing what that crap does to you. I eat yogurt, especially when I try to limit my starchy carbs. I get burnt out on it quickly though.

Teensy, so the brownies were good? Let me know about the apple oat bars. I'm interested in trying them.

Pancho, be careful, a candy bar here, a candy bar there. Just be very careful. You have done too great to let it slip up on you.

Toni, your eating for the day looked great. You are getting right back on track. I knew you would. I guess we are getting your weather. It is beautiful here again today (80) but cold front is heading our way. Supposed to be unseansonably cold this weekend. Glad we got some fire wood. Good luck with your eating today.

Deb, Eli left before you got up, Wonder why? Have you cooled down yet and started talking to him yet? DId I read correctly, you told Kengjw that you can have Breyers regualr ice cream?

Bob, glad the call from the ex went well. Now you can have a clear conscience (not that you needed to) but feel better about the whole thing.

Sef, WTG on being on top of those bargains. Gotta ask for them sometimes. Hope kitty is ok. Loved your MM. You're a keeper too.

CHeryl, Glad you and DD had a good first day on the SBD. Keep it up.

Kengjw, I usually have oatmeal, or eggs for breakfast. Some days, 1/2 pbj sandwich or yogurt. This week I am sticking to oatmeal and 1/2 grapefruit.

Need to get busy here. Be back later.

Jackie
Old 11-04-2003, 08:58 AM   #38  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning.

The board would not let me post for nothing yesterday. But luckily I was able to save my post. It's a little outdated now but here it is:

I actually had a good weekend of eating. The scales were kind to me this morning. Let's see if it holds till Wed. Thanks to Deb's advice yesterday and some serious thought I think I am back on track again mentally. So much of eating correctly has to do with the right frame of mind. I did decide to help myself by not buying any chips this week other than Roberts little cans for lunch. If they need chips I will buy them on an as needed basis. It's not like two of my kids don't work at the store.

Nat...how very scary for you an Lane. I'm glad it all worked out with out them having to scoop it out.

IIana...WTG on your eating. I would eat the black beans. I also like guacamole.

Monet...instead of looking at it as a bad start to the week..just think...what a great week, I started with a treat to myself now back OP!

Cherylco......I hear you about all the temptations. I'm not much on sweets but I could like some of that pie...yum yum. I just bought apples today to make them a couple of pies around here. I think if the apples will hold I will save them for Thanksgiving.

ChrisD..praying for your grandma.

Jenn...sorry you lost your big post. And that this weekend was an eating weekend. I do that every now and then. It's like you want something and unless you get it nothing hits the spot.

Waving at everybody else. I gotta scoot. Time for me to call out their spelling words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday Morning

Still ate pretty good. The kids wanted hot dogs and chili so I ended up picking up chips. I did NOT dive head first into the page or open the second one. So I'm making headway. Cukes were on sale so I was able to fill the fridge with them. I like to salt them and snack on them. It's been a long time since I bought them because they haven't been on sale. They were 3 for a dollar.

Colleen....I forgot to tell you how great you looked in your photo. You must be close to goal.

Bob....I'm glad the call went well and that your ex has gotten control of his life.

Toni....could you send the cold front this way. It's been so warm I've had to use the AC the last two days.

Deb....thanks for the breakfast ideas. I wish my stomach wanted breakfast. I told my husband about our talk and trying to eat more. You wouldn't believe how sweet and supportive he is. He doesn't even think I'm silly.

Julia...I'm that way...a nap will make me so tired sometimes.

Cherylco...glad you had a good day with SBD.

Sef....the dreamcicle dessert sounds wounderful.

Jack-K......you go girl with all your exercise. I played hookie yesterday but am going to do the walk video again. Sat. I did it and my arms were aching. So I know it's doing some good using the weights.

I'm moving slow this morning so I'm gonna get my booty off of here. Finish checking email and get moving.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

Last edited by CountryMom4Him; 11-04-2003 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:06 AM   #39  

Default Tuesday

Hello everyone.

Yesterday turned out good for me. I didn't have anything illegal. I even stayed out of the candy when the kids got a few pieces after supper last night. I made pita pizzas, and Autumn didn't want that, she wanted mac & cheese, so I made that for her, and no I didn't have any, just the kids.

Hubby had a friend over last night to watch Monday Night Football. We've known this guy for a few years. Hubby used to work with him at Barksdale, and now he's been stationed up here. He even liked the pita pizzas I made for supper.

I had breakfast this morning too! Made some oatmeal, and actually enjoyed it. Going to do something with chicken for supper tonight. Not sure what it'll be yet. Oh, and I did get in some fruit yesterday. I had a banana, (I know we aren't really supposed to have those, but I'm on a med that says to eat a banana or drink O.J. and didn't want the O.J.), and some cantaloupe.

Pancho, I only wish I could have stopped at just 5 little candy bars! I did good yesterday, not one thing off plan, and I'm doing good today too, it was the weekend that got me!

Toni, How was your taking things one hour at a time? Mine ended up being pretty good. Doing it again today.

Deb, Only reason I know the stupid thing does that is MIL has called me and it's done her that way. I definately know about the cell phone love/hate thing, and the workhorse of a man. That's the bad thing about the military, they can call you up at whatever hour they want to and tell you to go to work and you sure don't get any kind of extra pay for it either.

BOB, Glad to hear your part of the new system is easy. Also glad to hear that things worked out good for you with your phone call from the EX.

Jack-k, I had oatmeal for breakfast this morning. I'm not a big fan of oatmeal, but it was pretty good. I guess my bod was craving something from it. I'm hoping to continue eating breakfast. One day at a time, right?

Country, Way to go on passing up the chips! Sometimes I can't control myself when they are around, so I don't buy any unless we have family come visit and they want some; then I try really hard not to have them but I end up doing it anyway. Guess I should tell them to get small bags just for one person and eat them all at once so I won't be tempted.

I think I might just throw some spices on the chicken and bake it, make some broccoli, and maybe some "flavored" brown rice (I put either chicken or beef bullion in it), and maybe even put on a pot of beans of some kind. OH! I forgot to mention this, yesterday when I was at Wal-Mart, I was walking down the "pasta" asile, and they have that brand of WW noodles that I've seen some of you mention, I can't remember the name but I know it's H-something Mills. I'm planning on getting some and trying it at some point.

Ok, I didn't get the laundry finished up yesterday because I was gone for quite a while, so I've got that to finish. I'll talk to y'all later.

Jenn
Old 11-04-2003, 10:33 AM   #40  

Good Tuesday morning all:

Thank you all for your kind words about Delaney; she is feeling better and is back to her loving, stubborn self today.

I just ate two slices of "legal" toast...one with apricot "fuit" sweetened jam & one with agave syrup, and some skim milk. I really think I've had my share of the chocolate bars & will do well now until Thanksgiving, which will be my next "planned" eating off-plan day. I will have my family take all the leftover pies/cakes except for a few slices for Britt & DH. I know that I will also have a few cookies when we bake our Christmas baskets for friends/doctors/relatives.

I am meeting with a woman with a company called Golden Grandmas today. She is an older woman who owns this company, and "babysits." We have rarely left our children with anyone, and I think DH & I need to get out every once in awhile. I am nervous about it, but I know all will be alright. Our 10th Anniversary is on the 13th of this month, and my DH has a work Christmas party on Dec. 5th we'd like to attend. She seemed kinda bothered that I wanted to come by and meet her first. I am also going to ask for references, and if she seems upset, then I'll have to find someone else. You would think that she would be happy to see a mother genuinely interested in the welfare of her children, and not take it personally. I'm sure she is a great lady, but I don't know her at all, and therefore would like references and to meet her.

Teensy: Sorry to hear GM is so adamant about going home; maybe she will change her mind and decide to stay a bit longer. Also, sorry to hear the brownies turned out so good . I'm gonna have to try them. I don't think Lane had a sore throat but she is too young to tell me. She wasn't pulling at it or anything though.

Toni: You're doing great. Keep up the good work.

Deb: I THINK ELI NEEDS TO GET A NEW JOB!!! He's probably taking years off both of your lives. The candy bars that I indulged in were Snickers & Twix bars, and one Almond Joy. I can't wait to experiment with the pita recipe again....I want them to look like your picture.

BOB: Glad the computer "stuff" is moving along without too many gliches. Sounds like you had a pleasant conversation with Ex.

Sef: Hope your kitty is better soon. Way to get those discounts. I did not ask about the sauerkraut recipe...it might have been Teensy. Thanks for the MM; it is so sweet & so true.

Cheryl: Glad your first day on the SOBE diet went well; good luck with the rest of the two week induction period.

Ken: Try some of the Blue Bunny brands; if there is sugar alcohol, it's not much since it doesn't affect me when I eat it. I usually get the drumsticks or fudgesickles, but haven't tried the gallons yet. You just have to set aside some time when you can go to the store (alone) and read labels. I spent time thinking of several breakfast ideas to post for you, but then Deb posted them and a ton more; thank God for her. I'm sure you won't be bored with breakfast anymore. So, I won't bother posting my ideas, I'll just say....ditto, ditto, ditto!

Jack-K: Way to get back into the exercise routine. I think getting to the gym really helped clear my head and get me back on track. I missed all week last week due to the kids getting sick, and me getting that little cold. Thanks for the advice; I think I've had my share of those little candy bars. I also think that I have gotten my metabolism at a great place right now...I was at 123# this morning. I think that doing this from time to time is o.k., since I don't want to lose much more, if any. If I stay 100% OP all the time, I'd probably drop below 120#. Have a great OP day.

Country: So glad you had a good OP weekend. I think I am back on track today too. I love cutting up cucumbers and eating them with a little lemon juice and salt & pepper. I also like cutting them lengthwise and eating them inside my hot dogs. I hope your day is a great OP one.

Well, I better go get kids dressed, etc....

Take care!
Nat
Old 11-04-2003, 10:54 AM   #41  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Busy morning on the board

Thought I'd hop on before this new show that I started watching comes on. It's called STARTING OVER - anyone watch this?

TONI, will try Sat, if I don't reach you, on Sunday. Actually, ELI worked even longer hours when we had our pizzeria, and he's forgotten it's one of the few reasons we sold the place and here he is, doing the same thing once again. He doesn't think he works that many hours, but I told him this week, we were going to keep track!

JACKK, ELI always goes in earlier than needed, esp. when he's scheduled to open the store as he says it's the only time no one bothers him. He says he can never get his work done with all the interruptions he gets, even by customers who will try to walk in the back room to say hello to him. He'll even sit with customers which gives him a backlog of stuff. Talking yes, happy, no and he knows it. Of course you can have Breyers! It's all natural and far better than the artificial crap they put in the other stuff - it's all about moderation and how much you eat - that's the key

COUNTRY, if you eat a little breakfast daily, even a small amount, most people feel better, but it will take time if you aren't use to eating breakfast - like ELI who only will eat breakfast if we're on a trip or he's on a trip for work. Glad DH is supportive, and then, why wouldn't he be LMK if you make any changes and how you do

JEC, don't worry about the banana, BEACHFAN ate them the whole time on SB and had no problem getting to goal. They effect people differently and if you don't have trouble, don't worry.

PANCHO, ELI's thinking about a new job only because of the new mgr. they got in his area now, but he loves this job, just not the guy. I hope he really doesn't leave, maybe a transfer to another store possibly. I could do without the Almond Joy, I don't like coconut unless it's fresh, but Twix are okay, not that I'd turn my nose up at a Snickers if it was there. I love Butterfingers, Reeses, Peanut M&M's, Heath Bars, heck, if it has chocolate I like it!!!

Okay, I'm outta here!

Deb
Old 11-04-2003, 11:34 AM   #42  

Good morning to all!
thanks you ALL for your prayers for GM. She is stil lin the hospital and will be through the week. She definitley had congestive heart failure and that may of been caused from the flight. the pressure in the cabin. She probably should of never flown, but who knew. She will be in for a few days for observation. her EKG came back a little abnormal so they are checking into that as well. i will go back up there tonight when DH gets home. I dont want to take Dominic there. Too many germs.

Anyway....

PANCHO - OMG how scary is that...and for you to have to go through that by yourself. Dominic may have to get a scope down his throat and they will have to "partially" put him out for it. He has a throwing up problem, so they have to check his esophogus to make sure of no blockages. He has already had an upper GI. Its horrible to see them in the hospital or anything like that. thank God Delaney didnt have to get anything shoved down her throat. Does she have a sore throat or anything now?
All the cansy bars you mentioned are my favorite...but Im a HUGE Reeses fan too!

DEB - Ok, so did I miss your pumpkin pic somewhere. I keep reading about it...where is it? Breyers a YES?????????? Whats up with that? Regular Breyers??? I think Im gonan call you in a few minutes if Dominic allows me.
good for Lauren on the 5lbs loss. She must be so happy!

MOM - good luck on your journey!

have a good day guys!
If any of you watch 8 Simple Rules (John Ritter)...its on tonight. 1 hour special...dealing with the loss. I almost cried just watching the commercial.

CHris
Old 11-04-2003, 11:34 AM   #43  

Greetings Sugar Busters Peeps!!! How is everyone this morning?
Work has been crazy since the second I got in the door this morning. It has been personality disorder central over here. I did go see Runaway Jury last night and I did like it. Didn't have real high expectations for it though, as I typically don't like that genre of movie. Not a huge Grisham fan..you read one, you've read them all. I did enjoy the shots of New Orleans. It is nice to finally see a film where they don't make the citizens look like complete morons with that phony southern or cajun dialect. Oh, and by the way, I am happy to report that I avoided the popcorn. It was quite difficult to go to the concession stand and buy just a diet coke. You know my food addict mind was thinking of asking the man behind the counter for a little handful and eating it before walking back into the theater where my friend could see me!!

I will try to post some individual posts this afternoon but am swamped right now. Talk to everyone later- Ashley
Old 11-04-2003, 01:59 PM   #44  

Good afternoon everyone!

Here's an update on the ongoing saga with my ex. I took Jared to the Speech Therapist this morning (Ex and I are taking turns) and I got to speak to his therapist who told me that she recommended a Neurologist and Audiological Evaluation for Jared and told Ex this last week. So there you are. I asked her if she would put this in writing and I gave her my address. When Ex called me to check on Jared, I told him what the Therapist told me. He said "I don't have time to discuss this because I'm very busy". Can you believe that? Also, he calls me an irresponsible parent yet when I got Jared back from Ex he was sneezing and coughing and Ex told me to call the Doctor. I told him that if he was this bad over the weekend, he should have called the Doctor and not left it until Monday. Makes me so mad!!!

Anyway, I am on day two of SB and for Breakfast I had some Cheerios and skim milk (SB milk said I could have whole grain Cheerios) Is that alright? Lunch I had a Bacon Ranch salad with grilled chicken and light balsalmic dressing from McDonalds. Snack was two pieces of swiss cheese. I haven't touched the junk food at all even though it is in my house for Jared. Don't know if I lost any weight yet but I'm hopeful.

Bye for now!

Ilana
Old 11-04-2003, 02:50 PM   #45  
Little Engine That Could

Doing my daily check in. I have only one more paper to write for my French class, and then I can coast in with just 2 quizzes and one final exam to worry about. Hope to get the paper done by tonight, but have to do some research first. Glad I have the internet to rely on.

Had oatmeal this morning for breakfast and then one scrambled egg. Had chicken for lunch and will have fish and veggies for din-din. Got in a 20 minute walk today. Got up late and rushed around and had time for 20 minutes before I had to leave for class. Maybe my DH and I will walk tonight so I can get in some more mileage.

It's hot again here in Orlando. And a bit muggy. We have all our windows open, but I could almost do with the A/C. It has been a bit rainy, which is good for our new tree.

Looks like everyone is doing OK with the eating plan. Re the SF icecream, just have regular, high fat ice cream in a careful portion, and it will be OK. I think it is best to eat real food, and not the fake stuff. If you keep it to 1/2 cup serving occasionally, it will be OK and will not harm you.

Debbie, hope you are over your "mad." There's a country song about a couple who have a fight before going to bed, and the wife gets up in the morning still PO'd, thinking that she's right. The chorus says that she doesn't want him to make her laugh, and she just wants to be mad for a while longer. I can identify with that.

Gotta go.
Closed Thread