Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: So, Halloween is over, how well did you do on your prediction?
I did exactly as I said, just one piece! 1 4.17%
I did exactly as I said, not one piece! 9 37.50%
I did exactly as I said, just had a piece of SB Legal Chocolate! 1 4.17%
I did exactly what I said that night, there after, it's a different story! 1 4.17%
I failed, but not too bad! 4 16.67%
I failed, and miserably at that! 1 4.17%
You mean Halloween is over? I'm still celebrating! 0 0%
I plead the Fifth. I'm not saying anything to incriminate myself! 2 8.33%
You better hitch the wagon and come get me-it's bad! 1 4.17%
Other (care to explain?) 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 10:25 AM   #151  

Angry Good morning...

I slept around 1-something am yesterday and got woke up by dh when he came back later. I was surprised that I didn't feel to tired when dd came to wake me up this morning about 7-something. Nothing much plan for today as dh is working. Will probably go out for a walk, clean the house and I am sure lotsa playing time with Jess.

mom2jared : Jared must be excited to spend his weekend with you so he wanted to start it early Sounds like a fun day ahead.

Debbie : 4.30am? I hope you are able to get some R & R later. WTG on the 1 1/2lbs lost. Yes, you must be doing something right Actually no, I am not eating around the fudge, afterall it really wasn't so much (1/2 cup) to begin with. I figure that I don't eat it often, only when I am dying for some sweet stuff. I love vanilla though but that day have the urge for some chocolate fudge, which actually taste like plain chocolate. I think I will try coffee next time. You know, the funny thing is, I always think I am medium-frame...in Malaysia anyway but here in US, I think I am small-frame. The reason why I put my goal weight as 110lbs was because it gives me "something visible to look forward to" besides the advantage of a healthier eating and benefit to my blood sugar. I figure that if I am 118 lbs now, 110 is doable...just a rough goal. I came to SB because of Glucose Intolerance and didn't really think of losing weight as a goal but I know I can lose some weight. I used to be 110 but that was long time ago...lol. It will be an added plus for me if I reach that goal but I am happy as it is that I am losing weight now with just eating right. I was around 110lbs 6 weeks after I gave birth to jess and could fit into my teenage jeans...lol. That felt wonderful. No, I am don't mind you asking me questions, keep shooting whenever you have any The basa sounds delicious. What an idea! Thanks. I am hoping to visit a health food store this weekend, to find some Agave and check out on the pancake mix. I never thought that I will look forward to visiting a health food store...lol.

Pancho : Jess used to be a screaming baby until she was around 4 months old. I know how it feels to have a screaming baby. Jess will go out of control if she is tired so I am careful to plan my schedule around after her nap. Too stressful to try to control her. Jess was a small baby and her ped used to say that too. It seems all of a sudden she is growing taller than what everyone thinks she will. With the amount of food she eats everyday, I am surprised she is only 30 lbs and she really can eat! That is what wonderful being a baby, you can eat like a pig and burn it off quickly...lol. {{{hugs}}} Have fun on your own today
Old 11-08-2003, 01:10 PM   #152  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

ANOTHER DRIVE BY!!!!! IT'S BEAT MIAMI DAY OVER HERE ON THE WEST COAST OF FLA!!! GO VOLS~~~~~~~~

If you haven't seen FINDING NEMO! , you've JUST GOT TO GET IT!!! It was WONDERFUL!!!

LEGALLY BLONDE?????

FRIENDS AND FAMILY???? YES!!

I'll let you know about the rest....

The game is already on, and we've got the ball! Gotta go

HAVE A GREAT SATURDAY!!!

BOB
Old 11-08-2003, 01:21 PM   #153  

Hi Everyone,

I still have a long list of things to do in order to leave tomorrow. (Sunday) but I can at least see that it can be done.

Debbie: We have a shut down list that we need to complete before we leave tomorrow but I am thinking we will leave by 11:00AM. We have a stop we will make at a grocery store to get supplies for lunch and plan make it to Birmingham, Al to spend the night. That will be about 6 hours of actual driving time which shouldn't be too bad of a day. We will get to Dallas on Tuesday afternoon and I have an appointment for a haircut Wednesday as well as a pedicure that day....busy, busy!

I hope everyone has a fun weekend and I will be on the board later in the week from Dallas.
Old 11-08-2003, 02:22 PM   #154  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Spent yesterday shopping and running errands. Made a nice pot roast in the crock pot so supper was easy. Yesterday I also stayed OP. That's one day at a time.

MONET: Hard to miss someone when you've been remiss yourself! My intentions are good but I have been so busy. I'll be glad to be your Mom, DS and DIL say I am a good one. I don't know what I would do w/o them. I wish I could have the same kind of relationship w/ DD. I promised her those things and I can't break a promise! Glad you get to do some fun stuff at work. Isn't it a waste though when all that work is done and they don't sell?

CHRISD: Hope your GM will be okay. When you get older the docotors always seem to be able to find something wrong. After 40 it's patch, patch, patch!

TEENSY: My guns don't have much ammunition. I guess I feel guilty that she is as she is. I must have done something wrong along the way the past 41 years. Always trying to placate or agree.

DEB: Isn't it nice to have people visit: isn't it nice when you have the house to yourselves again. What a handsome boy! Not nerdy at all. He should have the girls knocking down the door! Loved "Girls Only", although the best one was the one that played music with his........ahem.

About DD, when my DH was ill he insisted that things the kids would inherit someday should be divided up. So DS & DD took turns picking things they wanted and a list was made. The idea being they were mine as long as I needed or wanted them. When I moved to NJ in '95 I had to downsize and also needed money so sent the lists to each of them and told them to pick what they really wanted and I was selling rest. DONE. When I moved DS had just come back to the states after being overseas 15 years, They bought a house and I gave them the furniture on his list (if he hadn't returned just then it would be stored). DD was in HI and renting, so it was decided that I would keep her stuff and continue using it rather than store it and have fees to pay. Then I moved in w/ DS and downsized even more. Some of DD's things are scattered throughout the house rather than store it, the rest is in my rooms and I use it. Now DD is back on the mainland and has bought a house and would like her things. I said the things that were scattered about she could have as DS only has them to save her storage. But I coldn't give her the other pieces as I am using them and cannot afford to replace them. So DS has most of his things, I am still using a few items, and DDseems to think she should have all her things. DIL was telling me not to give in they are mine until I don't want or need them anymore. DD is not upset that I still have a few items that will eventually be his. So that's it in a nutshell. I'm in the middle of the shell and she's trying to crack me!! She just doesn't seem to get it. Just looked at the size of the nutshell here. Sorry.

JACKIEO: What a boost to the ego to receive a great compliment. Sometimes we do see the change in ourselves that others do.

JACK-K: Hope you are feeling better. "Arthur" of any type can be so annoying because it's not always consistent.

JECRITES: Swiss Colony likes me too! I unfortunately like them too. Throw that catalog away!!!

YELLOWROSE: Now there's no need to cover silver with any other color. Silver is pretty. Always liked it and I'm gradually getting there strand by strand!

HEART: Great pics. You look wonderful.

PANCHO: The joys of being a mother!

Things to do. Haven't had breakfast yet! Guess it will be brunch now. Or is brunch really elevensies?

Take care, Shirley
Old 11-08-2003, 02:34 PM   #155  
sef

HiedieHo All!

How about a couple of belated FFs:

My Mom used to cut chicken, chop eggs and spread mayo on the same cutting board with the same knife and no bleach, but we didn't seem to get food poisoning.

My Mom used to defrost hamburger on the counter AND I used to eat it raw sometimes too, but I can't remember getting E-coli.

Almost all of us would have rather gone swimming in the lake instead of a pristine pool (talk about boring).

The term cell phone would have conjured up a phone in a jail cell, and a pager was the school PA system.

We all took gym, not PE... and risked permanent injury with a pair of high top Ked's (only worn in gym) instead of having cross-training athletic shoes with air cushion soles and built in light reflectors. I can't recall any injuries but they must have happened because they tell us how much safer we are now.

Flunking gym was not an option... even for stupid kids! I guess PE must be much harder than gym.

Every year, someone taught the whole school a lesson by running in the halls with leather soles on linoleum tile and hitting the wet spot. How much better off would we be today if we only knew we could have sued the school system.

Speaking of school, we all said prayers and sang the national anthem and staying in detention after school caught all sorts of negative attention. We must have had horribly damaged psyches.

I can't understand it. Schools didn't offer 14 year olds an abortion or condoms (we wouldn't have known what either was anyway) but they did give us a couple of baby aspirin and cough syrup if we started getting the sniffles.

What an archaic health system we had then. Remember school nurses? Ours wore a hat and everything._ (Everything?)

I thought that I was supposed to accomplish something before I was allowed to be proud of myself._ (What!_ No trophy just for being on the team?!)

I just can't recall how bored we were without computers, PlayStation, Nintendo, X-box or 270 digital cable stations.

I must be repressing that memory as I try to rationalize through the denial of the dangers could have befallen us as we trekked off each day about a mile down the road to some guy's vacant 20, built forts out of branches and pieces of plywood, made trails, and fought over who got to be the Lone Ranger. What was that property owner thinking, letting us play on that lot? He should have been locked up for not putting up a fence around the property, complete with a self-closing gate and an infrared intruder alarm.

Oh yeah... and where was the Benadryl and sterilization kit when I got that bee sting? I could have died!

We played king of the hill on piles of gravel left on vacant construction sites and when we got hurt, Mom pulled out the 48 cent bottle of Mercurochrome and then we got our butt spanked._ Now it's a trip to the emergency room, followed by a 10-day
dose of a $49 bottle of antibiotics and then Mom calls the attorney to sue the contractor for leaving a horribly vicious pile of gravel where it was such a threat.

We didn't act up at the neighbor's house either because if we did, we got our butt spanked (physical abuse) here too ... and then we got butt spanked again when we got home._ (For our own good?)

Mom invited the door-to-door salesman inside for coffee, kids choked down the dust from the gravel driveway while playing with Tonka trucks (Remember why Tonka trucks were made tough... it wasn't so that they could take the rough Berber in the
family room), and Dad drove a car with leaded gas._ (And no seatbelts.)

Our music had to be left inside when we went out to play and I am sure that I nearly exhausted my imagination a couple of times when we went on two week vacations. I should probably sue the folks now for the danger they put us in when we all slept in campgrounds in the family tent.

Summers were spent behind the push lawn mower and I didn't even know that mowers came with motors until I was 13 and we got one without an automatic blade-stop or an auto-drive.

Of course my parents weren't the only psychos._ I recall Donny Reynolds from next door coming over and doing his tricks on the front stoop just before he fell off. Little did his Mom know that she could have owned our house. Instead she picked him up and swatted him for being such a goof. It was a neighborhood run amuck.

To top it off, not a single person I knew had ever been told that they were from a dysfunctional family. How could we possibly have known that? We needed to get into group therapy and anger management classes?

We were obviously so duped by so many societal ills, that we didn't even notice that the entire country wasn't taking Prozac!

How did we survive?
Angels

An old lady dies and goes to heaven. She's chatting_it up with St.Peter at the Pearly Gates when all of a sudden she hears_the most awful, bloodcurdling screams. "Don't worry about that,"_says St. Peter, "it's only someone having the holes put into her shoulder_blades for wings."

_
The old lady looks a little uncomfortable but_carries on with the conversation. Ten minutes later, there are more_bloodcurdling screams. "Oh my God," says the old lady, "now what is_happening?"
_
"Not to worry," says St. Peter, "She's just having her head drilled_to fit the halo."

"I can't do this," says the old lady, "I'd rather_go to ****."

_
"You can't go there," says St. Peter. "You'll be_raped and sodomized."

"Maybe so, says the old lady, but I've already got_the holes for that!"
Something for DAVE:

Guy's Side of the Story

Finally, the guys' side of the story._ We always hear "the rules" from the female side._ Now here are the rules from the male side.__ These are Men's rules!_ Please note, these are all numbered "1".

1. Learn to work the toilet seat._ You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down._ We need it up; you need it down._ You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides._ Let it be.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want._ Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work!_ Strong hints do not work!_ Obvious hints do not work!_ Just say it!

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it._ That's what we do._ Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem._ See a doctor.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument._ In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done._ Not both._ If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings._ Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color._ Pumpkin is also a fruit._ We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong, and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong._ We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine._ Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as sports, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape. Round is a shape.

1. Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know men really don't mind that, it's like camping._

Pass this to as many men as you can - to give them a laugh. Pass this to as many women as you can - to give them an education!! Peace on Earth, MAYBE
Ole's pickler

Ole worked in a pickle factory. Unfortunately, he had a very powerful desire to put his penis in the pickle slicer. This went on for years and Ole couldn't stand it any more. So he decided to seek professional help for this odd infatuation of his.

He spent a few months with a shrink who finally gave up and told Ole that since Ole's desire to put his penis in the pickle slicer was so obsessive, the only way to get over it would be to actually do it. Ole gladly agreed to do it the next day at work.

The next day he came home from work very early, about 11 AM. His wife, Lena asked why he was home so early. Ole explained to her for the first time the desire he had had to put his penis in the pickle slicer. He explained that he couldn't take it any more and today he did it and, as a result, he got fired.

Lena gasped and ran over to him, yanked down his pants and briefs, only to see his penis perfectly normal and intact. She looked back up and said "I don't understand ...what happened to the pickle slicer?

Ole said, "I think she got fired too."
The preacher's, Sunday sermon was,"Forgive Your Enemies."He asked, how many _have forgiven their enemies? About half held up their hands.

He then repeated his question. Now about 80 percent held up their hands.

He then repeated his question. _All responded, except one elderly lady. "Mrs. Jones, are you not willing to forgive your enemies?"

"I don't have any."

"Mrs. Jones, that is very unusual. How old are you?"

"Ninety-three." she replied.

"Mrs. Jones, please come down in front and tell the congregation how a person manages to not have enemies in the world?"

The little sweetheart of a lady tottered down the aisle, and said,
"It's easy, I just outlived all those *****es."
This is too funny:

For all those men who believe that there's no reason to buy the cow when you can get the milk free,_ nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, as they have wised up to the fact that for 6 ounces of sausage, it's not worth buying the entire pig.

Enough already!!!

Take care, Shirley
Old 11-08-2003, 03:31 PM   #156  

Jumping on very quickly before heading to my Mom's. The hunter's were up and off very early this morning. I went back to bed, and got up late. Had to get the stew going for their dinner....it is simmering on the stove AWS. Now I have to go get the babies ready to stay by themselves....picking up anything that Buddy can get a hold of to play with, water, etc...

Probably won't be able to get back here until sometime tomorrow, if that. Want to spend what time I can with Brant. Don't get to see him as often as we would like to.

Everyone have a great weekend, and I wish nothing but total happiness for all of you!!
Old 11-08-2003, 04:00 PM   #157  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Hello!

I know I have been playing hookie this week. Not really I have read the posts. I have just been so busy. I loved the pictures!!!! Everyone looks so wonderful. Heart...my 18 year old is in love. I had to tell him to quit hitting on the picture you couldn't hear him...LOL You look so thin!

Deb...thanks for calling me today. All you wisdom really does help. I promise it's not going in one ear and out the other. I talk so dang much you might think I'm not listening but I am. Even when I don't want to hear it..LOL You tips and motivation are helping alot in this transition period. I hope you were able to go back and find that program. By the way awesome pictures of your son. I love the one with the guitar.

YellowRose...you look Marvelous! Praying for a pleasant trip as you travel back to Texas. It's a great week. Kinda cloudy but nice and cool.

JackO..you go girl! WTG on the alterations and the compliment. It's the compliments that really help to keep us encouraged I think.

Jack-K...you are in my prayers also. I'm sorry that you are feeling so tired and blucky.

Monet...hey. Good to see you on the board. I did notice when you were gone.

Sef...you did nothing wrong. Your daughter grew up to be the person she is because of and in spite of your teaching. There comes a point when we are just who we are. Trust me there are aspects of my 18 year old I refuse to take credit for..LOL He is so NOT like his moma. Enjoy your things and dont' worry if she gets upset with you. You should enjoy the things that you and your husband enjoyed together. (((hugzz)))

Waving at ya Bob! I'm in the middle of dealing with these pumpkins...I just know I am gonna miss somebody. The micro just went off. Thinking of you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 11-08-2003, 04:13 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

Heart your pictures were fine.
What Deb said about resolution is most likely right. If your kids play computer games on your puter the resolution is probably set to 256. 16 or 32 bit will make things look clearer.
You look awesome! Very svelte!

Deb
My daughter really has a beautiful voice and she sings in the jazz band and the choir at school. She's been singing since she got on stage at a cousins baptism and belted out the "A your adorable, B your so beautiful" song when she was 6.
We started lessons last year. At 40 bucks an hour it's a bit painful for me but she's not into sports, really enjoys singing, doesn't drink or smoke or hang out with bad kids. The singing keeps her busy and around a great group of kids so it's worth it.

I have to go grocery shopping blech....
Old 11-08-2003, 04:18 PM   #159  

Hi all:

Don't have too much time to post, but thought I'd jump on and say hello. I had a marvelous morning. I got up at 6 a.m. and went to the gym, and then went shopping. I hit Big Lots, and the outlet mall. I even went to Stabucks and enjoyed a Latte with sugar-free vanilla. I didn't get home until after noon. It was so much needed. I really enjoyed being able to shop hands-free, if you know what I mean.

I got a letter from my dd's pediatric dentist the other day, thanking me for sending referrals to them; they included a $20 gift card to Blockbuster...I thought that was really nice.

Had a quick question for anyone who knows (probably just you, Deb). I was at Auntie Anne's Pretzels today and they now have a whole wheat pretzel. Do you know if it is legal or what the ingredients are. I guess I could check their site.

Well, I have lundry going, and we will be leaving for church in a few hours, and I still haven't showered.

I will check in Monday a.m. Have a great OP weekend, everyone!

Nat
Old 11-08-2003, 07:12 PM   #160  

Hello all. I've had one of those days from **** today. Debilli I'm so sorry I couldn't talk when you called. My little house had filled up with some women unexpectly coming over. I hope you don't give up on me and call Sunday. I was really looking forward to talking to you.....
Old 11-08-2003, 09:11 PM   #161  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

Getting ready to settle down. Last load of laundry for the day is in the wash. Tomorrow is WALMART day.. Haven't been there is eons...Might do a little shopping for the holidays..Still have to pick up something for my Nephew...his birthday was Oct 27th, but he was in Vegas and we've not celebrated yet. Need to look for some slacks for myself...all of mine are too baggy..not that I'm complaining, but I'm just not in the mood to shop for me.

I'm going to watch the last two movies after I get piled up on the pillows in the four poster.

CONGRATS to all the winners today, and heartfelt sorry to the losers...

I'm off...

LYN...have a safe trip home...

Talked to the DUNGEON MISTRESS today while she was out doing her Saturday shopping...she woke me from a sound and I do mean sound sleep. When I looked at the clock I about died..it was almost 11am... That took a chunk out of my morning and the plans that I had in mind...oh well....tomorrow is another
day!

NITE NITE!!

BOB
Old 11-08-2003, 10:09 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

Found this intresting info on the Prevention website in the SBD forums:
Sugar free Metamucil is 100% natural psyllium husks. You can take it 15 min. before each meal...it slows the digestion process and it is taken as a sugar stopper to slow down the absorption of glucose and lower the GI of a meal.

The soluble fiber in one tablespoon of psyllium is equal to 14 tablespoons of oat bran, another soluble fiber. For this reason, in contrast to oats, psyllium is added in relatively small quantities to other cereal grains to make food products.
Soluble Fiber:

The job of soluble fiber is to absorb water in the intestinal tract and slow down the amount of time needed to empty the intestine. Eating these fibers makes you feel full and may help in weight loss. These are also the fibers which are credited with helping to lower bad cholesterol levels in the blood. Examples of foods that contain soluble fibers include:
Dried beans and peas.
Lentils.
Oats.
Barley.
Psyllium
Sesame seed
Flax seed
Fruit, especially bananas, apple pulp, citrus, grapes, apricots, cherries
Vegetables, especially potatoes, cabbage, carrots
Psyllium and Cholesterol

Through the years, researchers have found that patients with mild to moderately elevated cholesterol levels can achieve a sustained reduction of about 10% in cholesterol level by consuming psyllium twice a day and adhering to the American Heart Association's (AHA) Diet.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:31 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. I've had such an awful TOM this time. My back is killing me. Not for sure what the deal is with that, maybe my ovarian cysts are back? I couldn't drag myself to get outta bed this morning and go to exercise class because of it. It seems to be letting up now. My eating yesterday was good..considering I felt like crap. Today I've been legal, BUT I lost count with how many starchy carbs I've had- so wayyy too many. But I feel good that it's the weekend and I haven't "strayed". Tomorrow, my Mom invited me over for KFC. I plan on taking a bowl of salad with cheese and ranch dressing and shredding my chicken in it. That way I'll get full and not feel like I'm missing out. I've done this before and it's really good. I went to a couple of yard sales this morning on the way to Wally World. Got some good deals on the kid's clothes. Got Boogie a pair of Navy blue jog pants for 50 cents, an Old Navy pair for 50 cents, and the nylon sport looking pants for 50 cents-all look pratically new. Got Ashley a pair of Revolt jeans which are two-toned colored for 25 cents, 2 pairs of overalls for 50 cents each and got me an Old Navy t-shirt for 25 cents. Not alot, but worth going. I went to Hudson's and found a cute pair of denim shorts, for Ashley, for $1.80 and a turtleneck for Boogie, for 60 cents.

PANCHO- You should have seen Boogie at Walmart today. It was horrible. He threw a fit from the time we walked in, until we left. So embarrassing and you can feel your blood pressure rising. Right now, what gets me is that he wants something and then he doesn't want it, and then he wants it, and doesn't want it. You know what I mean? He makes something so simple, like getting him something to drink, such an ordeal. He'll ask for some OJ and then you start to pour it and he starts screaming no, he wants something else, then you pour whatever and he starts back saying he wants OJ again-UGH! This goes on for a long time and all throughout the day. Someone give me a nerve pill,lol. Makes you want to go off the deep end until , he wraps his arms around me and says "me not be bad no more- me wuv ew." And about five minutes later, he's back to throwing a tantrum,lol!

KEN- thanks! And Ashley is 7 and thinks she knows everything!

BOB- We just watched Finding Nemo this evening- loved it!

Country- I'm blushing! And that wasn't even a good photo,lol. You don't look old enough to have an 18 year old son!

Guys, thanks for the compliments. You know it was funny when I got the pics back yesterday. I was looking at mine, and hubby was beside me, and I said "you know, I don't look fat in this pic." Hubby rolled his eyes and was like, um that's because you're not, I've been trying to tell you that! But it's so hard to see yourself the way you might appear to others when you've been so big for so long. I think no matter how much weight I lose, or what size I get down to, I'll always think of myself as being too big. I know it's a mind thing. Maybe one day I'll overcome it.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:50 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

DEB- just go ahead and ask your neighbor, say you were just wondering, even mention Boogie if you want(his condition is called hypoplastic left heart syndrome or just HLHS for short). If she's like me, then she might like the fact that you've taken interest and don't be surprised if she gives you a little "awareness"- tells you about his condition and goes into detail,etc. I like for people to ask me, that way I can get the word out about the seriousness of congenital heart disease. Just don't say, oh was he born with a hole in his heart? This is a joke among some of us heart parents. I guess the only way to explain it, is most people only know about holes in the heart and it stops at that. Lack of awareness. I'm hoping this year that the governor here will proclaim Feb.14 th as Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Day. Many states already have their proclamation in. I tried last year, but never heard anything about it. It has to start with making the public aware that CHD is the #1 birth defect and killer of infants under 1. Then more will be put into funding for research, etc.. Only 1 or 2% of AHA's monies actually go towards CHD funding. Let me get off my soapbox,lol. This is such a touchy subject with me, I could go on and on, but I'll spare ya.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:37 AM   #165  

Hellooo! Its been a roller coaster day for me.

I went to meet up with my old Moms In Touch group this morning. I have not seen a few of the women in the group for two years. I was disgusted that the whole group could only spare one hour to visit over breakfast before they all had to run off and do other things. I am NOT that structured, and when I see someone I have not seen for a long time, I sure don't want to rush through the visit. Especially when it is someone who had a significant part of my life for so long. The group met weekly for about six years to pray for our kids and their schools. I came away rather depressed. People just don't seem to care anymore.

I went to the store from breakfast and got what I needed to fix my dinner for church on Monday. This month, it will be chili with toppings, salad and bread, as well as desserts- probably a homemade cake or two.

While I was at the store, my older daughter, Ruth, invited herself and her husband over for dinner. I had to think of something, and found a nice easy recipe to try. It was simple...just boneless chicken breasts with sliced onions, a can of cream of chicken soup and some tarragon, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper with a bit of milk. Turned out pretty good. Ruth heated up some leftover rice, and put the sauce on it, and said it was really good. The rest of us had a small baked sweet potato and LeSeur peas, and green beans along with the chicken.

I spent some time this evening reading about some new research on thyroid problems, and found some very interesting information. I am going to continue looking into it, and perhaps follow some of the recommendations they make for certain thyroid problems, especially T4 to T3 conversion problems, which is my situation. If it helps, I will let you all know about it.

Its about time for me to crawl in bed. I hope everyone is doing well. I am hoping I can get on here and post some replies tomorrow... sweet dreams everyone!
Closed Thread