3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 10/13-10/19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/33133-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-10-13-10-19-a.html)

maggiesue 10-17-2003 12:02 AM

Oh my goodness Debelli,
I just viewed pics from the photo album and you are an answer to a question I asked my husband just this evening at dinner. You have done fantastic with your weight loss. When I got married 29 years ago I weighed 125 lbs. Woah how the pounds have accumulated all these happy years of marriage, :) up to 223. I was so excited because today I weighed in at 209. I have lost 14 lbs since the last weekend in September. It is just coming off so easy, I am craving absolutely nothing!! Anyway what I was excited about after seeing your picture and your current weight I now know that YES I CAN GET BACK DOWN TO 125. I just told my husband this evening I was not sure if going under 150 would be ok. I really could not imagine going down that low but since seeing your picture that is now my long term goal. My short term goal is getting in the 100's and I have 9 more 9 more pounds to go. I thank you for the encouragement given me by the posting of your picture.
God bless you and yours,
Maggie

Solly 10-17-2003 08:50 AM

Good Friday morning.

Gosh working 2 days and then the weekend is here is great. I could do this all the time. But my desk sure shows it.

Missy, Terry reminds me so much of my DH. He is so quiet too. We are so opposite. I talk all the time and he never says a word. The pizza didn't bother me. We need their recipe for the crust. Wonder if they would give it to us.

Ashley, Tulane plays UofL tonight. We are going to the game. Made me think of you and Missy.

Bob, I missed you too. Glad to be back on board. We did talk about you alot. Bet your ears were burning.

Got to run, have lots of work to catch up on. Hello to everyone I missed. Promise to be back on board Monday. Have a great weekend.

Jackie

Jackie

Trishaloo 10-17-2003 08:58 AM

Morning everybody. I can't tell you guys how glad I am that it's Friday!! This has been the awfullest (is that a word?) week at work, I am really ready for the week-end.

Dinner last night was really good and I actually did really well, until......the chocolate cake. I had fresh tuna that had been grilled with red peppers and olives and they served over the grain that I always forget the name of, the little tiny round things. Anyway it was really yummy. The chocolate cake did me in, though. I ate it, I enjoyed it and I'll just have to do double time on the treadmill for the next few days.

Talk to you guys later.

Trish

CountryMom4Him 10-17-2003 11:16 AM

Friday funny

Going to try and attach a funny below if it's not too big.

Love,
Crystle

chrisd 10-17-2003 11:39 AM

Good morning everyone! Happy Friday to all! i cant believe its friday again! this week went by so fast! Im going Christmas shopping tonight and plan on getting done tonight...this is the first time ever that I am doing it this early...but I need to put it all on layaway and pay it off, instead of putting it all on a credit card like I do every other year! Went to Toys r Us last night...they have a huge sale right now. All board games are buy one get one free...Barbies buy 1 get 1 free..and much more. i wound up saving $50. I was very happy!

PANCHO - Im a huge fan of ABC. I just put an order in the other day! I love it. I watch the Bachelor too. im glad to see someone else on the board got sucked in just like I did. ;)
So you ask, how do you get pissed at a 5 year old?? Very easy, when someone screws with your kid, your gonna get pissed, no matter what the age. I agree 100%. And thats so sweet what you whisper in her ear when she leaves you, gave me the chills!

TEENSY - I love the Zucchini Bread too! Its one of my favorite recipes. Hope they all enjoy! :)

JEC - Im so worried about DS going to school. Kids can be so damn mean these days...I dont remember it being that way back when i was in school! It makes me want to hide out in his school to keep an eye on him. I can sooo see me doing that! :lol:

DEB - I will absolutley be calling you tomorrow. I wonder if they will have the pot pies there. Thats so funny when I read about you laughing like that. Been there a few times. When I get into those laughing fits I dont stop, especially if I keep thinking about it. It could be 20 min after it happened and then you get the visual back, and it starts all over. I can only imagine what you were laughing at...I mean the WHOLE story! :s:
My sister's favorite ice cream is also Publix's Peppermint Stick. She is so excited that its on the shelves already! Im sure she too will indulge this season. She says she has too!

COUNTRY - LOVE the funnY!

have a great Friday everyone!

Chris

jackieO 10-17-2003 11:43 AM

Good morning everyone. I unfortunately am swamped at work and don't have time for many individual replies, but I hope all is well with everyone. My goal this weekend is to stay on plan the entire weekend, especially when eating out. I am going out of town to take my grandmother to see Cher in concert. I hope we have a good time!! I hope you all have a fabulous on plan weekend.
JackK- Welcome Back to the boards, Girl!!!! I am glad you had a safe trip back. Have a good time at the Tulane/UofL game. Go GREEN WAVE!!!!!
Missy- Hope you are feeling more like your self. Good to see that your gastrointestinal distress has not affected your sense of humor!!
Trisha- Your dinner last night is making me salivate!!!! Sounds Yummy.
A big hello to Nat, Colleen, CountryMom, deb, Bob, ChrisD, Susan, Maggie, SuperDave, Heartmom, Emma, and everyone else.--Ashley

ceejay52 10-17-2003 12:32 PM

I have been lurking about your thread for a while now and even joined in at one time but got busy and haven't been back. Hope I can join you again?

I've come to the conclusion that busting sugar is the way to go plus I'll be watching my cholesterol levels also.

I may not have access to the computer tomorrow but I will try to get back on Sunday afternoon--going out of town.

A little about myself. I've chose to be single because of my sister who has had 3 divorces. Just don't want to go through that.
I'm 53 years old and work for our city in the water treatment plant. My sisters, siblings, have children who are very dear to me and I treat them as they were my own.

Will check in Sunday afternoon.

chrisd 10-17-2003 12:34 PM

JACKIEO - I dont know if anyone knows this on the board except Deb...but I am a VERY big Cher fan...I mean huge. The rest of my family hates her now, just because Im so obnoxious about it. 33 CD's 10 albums, every movie...its a bit much but I cant help it, I love her. I have been to 6 concerts 3 being this tour that you are going to see. Its an AWESOME concert and you will have such a great time. Im so jealous of you right now. I wish I could see her again! PLEASE let me know what you thought!

Chris

Fillise 10-17-2003 01:16 PM

TGIF!

The last y'all heard from me, I was going to try to make Monday productive. . .

And, of course, it turns out that the more you do the more you have to do, so I've been snowed under all week!

Plus it turned cool and the allergies kicked in again. My throat is sore and I have a good case of larengitis. Fun.

I've skimmed the board, but cannot reply to everyone--just wanted to say that I'm still around and kicking. I had an echocardiogram this morning (Doc thinks I have mitral valve prolapse--which is no big deal). As soon as that is confirmed, I can schedule my spaying---YES!

I will try to spend some time on the board this weekend, but just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about you!

Susan

jackieO 10-17-2003 01:31 PM

ChrisD- Your collection of Cher paraphanalia is impressive. I have always really respected her, but my grandma LOVES her. She is very into the whole costume, scenery, production thing and loves Bob Mackie.(She is a retired dancing teacher and choreographer , Broadway veteran herself) I saw the show on TV and it seemed phenomenal. I am sure I won't be dissapointed. Will let you know-Ashley

CountryMom4Him 10-17-2003 01:54 PM

Neat Article

CeeJay...welcome back! Hope you have a nice weekend.

Heartmom...I forgot to tell you this morning that I am praying you have a better day today.

Is Your Bathroom Scale Driving You Crazy?

- by Melanie Mendelson

================================================== ==========

Your goal is to lose weight. Perhaps, this is a good reason
as any to obsess over the numbers on your scale. After all,
the scale measures your body weight, and weight is something
that you want to lose, right?

Not exactly!

What you want to lose is FAT. Our body is mainly comprised
of water, muscle, organ tissue, fat and bone. The scale
measures the total weight of all the elements that our body
contains. It does not give us any idea on how much of this
weight is, in fact, fat.

For adults, the weight of the organ tissue and bones is
constant. The fluctuation of numbers that we see on the
scale reflects changes in volume for the other three
components of our body - water, muscle and fat.

Have you ever weighed yourself twice on the same day and
found a difference of several pounds? Such differences,
whether it is positive or negative, should be attributed to
changes of water in your body.

You cannot gain or lose a pound of pure fat in just one day.
It is also not possible to gain or lose a pound of muscle
overnight.

However, it is very easy to retain or lose several pounds of
water.

Gaining or losing water will affect the number on the scale,
but will not make you slimmer. Eventually, your water
volume will return to the balanced amount, and the scale
will adjust accordingly.

Muscle Weighs More Than Fat

Muscle, another crucial component of your body, weighs more
then fat. This is the reason why ideal weight charts and
formulas do not work for bodybuilders.

Even when bodybuilders have very little body fat, the amount
of muscle that they have makes their total body weight go
way up. According to the standard weight charts, most
bodybuilders would fall under the category of being "obese".
This clearly illustrates how "losing weight" does not equal
"losing fat".

Tools to Measure Your Progress

Since fat is the third component that influences the number
on your scale, the scale is merely a useful tool for
measuring progress on your fat loss journey. However, the
key here is not for you to fixate on the scale, but to
use it as only one of the tools to track your progress.

Weigh yourself just once a month on the same day to avoid
stressing out every day over weight "ups and downs" caused
by water fluctuation.

In addition, you do not want to rely totally on your scale.
Instead, judge your progress by the way your clothes fit.

Take your tape measurements every month to see how far
you have reduced your fat factor; because, it is inches--
not pounds, which really matter most!

Love,
Crystle

Pancho 10-17-2003 02:49 PM

Good morning everyone:

I just returned from my doctor's office for an appt. I had this morning. I have had a chronic cough for some time now and my throat is dry and I feel like I have a difficult time breathing at times when I lay down. Yesterday, I discoved a lump on my neck, that is apparently too high to be thyroid related. My doctor wants me to get a chest x-ray as well as see an ENT. I scheduled an appt. to see the ENT on Monday. I am a little worried. It's so funny how things change. Before kids, I really believed that when it is your time to go it's your time. NOW, I totally feel differently....my kids need me and I can't let anything be wrong with me. Please say a little prayer on my behalf that it is not anything serious! Thank you!

My DH tood DD to school today for me since I was just getting back from dr. office. I will pick her up at 3 p.m. I probably won't make it to the gym now. BUT, I will go tomorrow a.m. Also going to get my hair cut tomorrow; it's way overdo.

FRuit: Hope your tummy troubles go away soon. You will probably lose more in your breasts when you lose more weight. The bras that fit me so well for so long after the reduction actually pucker now that I've lost all the weight.

jecrites: Kerri sounds like Britt. Britt is very likeable too, but seems more reserved this year. I worry that she is so accomodating that she could be easily taken advantage of. In preschool, she would take everyone under her wing and make sure everyone was taken care of and included. I think Lane will be more like Autumn...I think she'll have a "screw you" type attitude. She already does:lol: .

chrisd: Have fun Christmas shopping. I hope our weather cools off soon so I will feel like shopping. Glad you got sucked into the Bachelor too. I think he picked LeAnne because she is a crybaby and he felt bad/guilty for her.

Ceejay: Welcome back!

Well, better go spend some time with my baby.

Have a great day.
Nat

Ellen 10-17-2003 03:18 PM

Good Afternoon everyone!

I went in to work today. I was not scheduled, but the manager told me he could use me, so I went. I ended up staying until 1:30, and only left because I was exhausted, even though there was still plenty to do!

Its rainy and cold here. I have not felt well all day. In a bit, I am going to take a nap. The cat is already curled up sleeping on my bed, so I will join him! :) Smart cat...

Laura had to go out to the college she will be attending next semester again. She has all kinds of paper work, and placement tests to take. The program she will be in is called Joint Enrollment, and she will receive credit for the classes she takes for both high school and college. You have to have a pretty high SAT score, and GPA to get into the program, and you can do it for whole senior year. She did not think she wanted to do it last year, and then changed her mind when school started. This way, she will have a half of a year of college done before she has even graduated from high school.

Ok, time for my nap! Take care everyone!

Solly 10-17-2003 04:51 PM

Hi,

Heading out to the ballgame. Go Green wave!

Thought I would check on you all. I think this cold is setting in pretty good now. Nose is running, sneezing and coughing.

cHRIS AND ASHLEY, my DH is a huge CHer fan. I took him to one of her concerts.

Ceejay, sure you are welcome back. People come and go for many reasons. Doesn't matter to us. Welcome back.

Susan, I know where you are coming from. Both work piled high and sore throat. Except I think mine is going into a full fledged cold.

Crystal, thanks for the scale tidbit. we all know that, but yet we are still fixated on that metal monster. Sometimes we are dense.

Pancho, Hope things are ok with you. think positive.

Monet, My DD took college coarses thru High school so she also had a half year completed. She came out of college in 3.5 years. It was nice. Also summa cum laude. Guess she gets her brains from me. :lol: Enjoy your nap.

Have a great weekend.

Jackie.

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 10-17-2003 05:10 PM

OH....MY...GAWD!!! IT's FRIDAY AND I'M SO GLAD! SO TGIF EVERY BUDDY!!! :cp:

I got the call to pick up Skeeter today, so I left early from work to go get him. He's in a BEAUTIFUL hand carved mahogany box and
the Pet Crematory sent me a certificate to verify that he had a private cremation. This made me feel better, cause I actually forgot to tell Dr Watkins that I wanted that done! I guess he knows me better than I realized! SO...Skeeter is in the living room with Kate and I expect the conversations to begin again anytime now. Thanks again to all of you for the support and love that you've shown to me during this hard time :grouphug:

JACKIE....WHY ARE YOU NOT PULLING FOR LOUISVILLE????? I know you're a CATS FAN, but they are the home team!!!!

MONET....hope you had a good nap...I love those kind of days...
Sounds like your kitty knows where the bread is buttered!

PANCHO...You got it girlfriend....all the toe and finger crossing that your need...Keep good thoughts...it helps..I know your scared, but it could also be a fat mass. I've got one in my leg and it's getting bigger and will have to be removed...SO...we'll pray for that to be the case! We love you and will be here for you :grouphug:

CEEJAY...you sound like Susan and myself...we both love our brother's little goobers just like they were our own too! WELCOME BACK!!!!

Not feeling to gabby this afternoon, so I'm going to pass along the WEEKEND MOVIE PICKS:

THE ITALIAN JOB
THE INLAWS
HOLLYWOOD HOMICIDE
NORMAL

I'll let y'all know how they are!!!

Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!

BOB