Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What is your favorite piece of jewelry?
A necklace 5 19.23%
A pair of earrings 5 19.23%
A ring 15 57.69%
A bracelet 1 3.85%
An Anklet 0 0%
A toe ring 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 06:17 AM   #76  

I tried to get on the chat again last night, but the page will never load. Is something wrong with the page? DId anyone else get on

I'm on my way to take Trav to work, the I have to catch up on paperwork for the salon. I pick up the boys this afternoon and have kinship her tonight. So much for a restful day off! At least it's all mostly easy stuff

MY WIW was at 184!! That's 3 more lbs!!!!! So I am calling to make an appointment for my contact lenses. I'm so Excited!!!!!!

I'll post again later

Deb-Do you EVER sleep?????

Have a good day, all!!
Old 10-08-2003, 06:24 AM   #77  

Morning! I actually slept last night. I did wake up at 3:30, but went back to sleep. I was wakeful the rest of the night, but it was ok. Sorry Deb, that you did not sleep better!

Off to work! Have a wonderful day all my friends!
Old 10-08-2003, 06:36 AM   #78  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Fell alseep around 5amish, up to take the kids to school in a few minutes, hoping to fall in bed when I get back and go unconscience for a few hours.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:29 AM   #79  

I'm back and trying to use the new journal. It's a bit confusing, but I'm sure I'll get it.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:07 AM   #80  

Default WIW

Good Morning Everyone!

My first WIW! I *even* have a scale for this!

My weight is 221.5 A rough loss of 2.5 pounds.

Motivation to stay OP!

I have balsamic chicken over a green salad for lunch today. In addition to my giant water glass, I have been enjoying a particulry fine Earl Grey blend, with half-n-half of course. (Not the fake cremora cr*p--which is all corn sugar anyway) Yumm! And 2 gala apples. And tonights dinner will be Filet with Blue Cheese, steamed aspargus with lemon grass and a small mixed green salad.

Oh! Have I mentioned that I obsess about food? Or That I was voted an honorary Parisian for my ability to describe in detail
1) the best meal I ever ate & the 3 runners-up,
2) the best meal I ever cooked and
3) what I ate for dinner the last three days (whether complementary or not!). Bonus points were added for my ability to navigate Paris using only cafes and brassieres for landmarks!

Gotta run -- walk the dog and get to the lab!

More later!

Emma
Old 10-08-2003, 08:26 AM   #81  

Hello Everyone!

I just have a few minutes before work and wanted to get on here and send out a shout and a bunch of hugs to you all. DEB, thanks for giving me a call this weekend. I knew I was about due for one from you. You are the best at herding us waywards back into the corral.

Well, today is WIW and I am wishing each of you some GREAT RESULTS!!! My time has been rather busy, so I know I've missed a lot of news. Can't wait to read all of this weeks and find out where everyone is. I had a good weigh in last night at the old ww meeting. I was at 176 which puts me at minus 28 pounds since January 23. It's at this point that I can really notice a difference in my clothes. Oh well, I don't want to seem like I'm bragging, because I'm not. Just excited and wanting all my inspirations to know the tremendous effect they've had on my life. THANK YOU ALL!!!

Take care.
Kim
204/140/176
Old 10-08-2003, 08:36 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW

Hope the scale is good to everyone today.

I am back to 153. It has stayed there every day this week. So I guess it is good. Of course I was at 152 before the last vacation and it has taken me this long to get back almost there and now I am going on another one. Eating shouldn't be a problem. I am taking my exercise routine and will be at the gym everyday. I am sure we will walk a bunch. Now if I can only counteract the alcohol.

My meals have been large this week, and the scale has moved nicely. There is something to that "eating enough" stuff. (Talitha take note).

Deb, 1 bowl of ice cream is never enough. I almost always have 2, even though it's SF I know it is too much. Those last couple bites taste so wonderful. Now Michael's and Emma's posts are over my head. How do you survive in that house? You have lost your mind. You are being punchised for eating that chocolate. Now you have it out of your system, so get right back on track. Have fun with Eli today. I will be back on Thursday the 16th.

Teensy, you bring back dear memories of my mom. He washed walls on a regular basis. She also scrubbed her driveway. SHe was a clean freak. I need to do some deep cleaning myself. Maybe later.

Dave, I truly hope that surgery is not in the picture for you. Hope you are in that 85%. Put yesterday behind you and get right back on track and it won't bother you. How is your wife doing? Isn't she doing SB also?

Jecrites, that's great news about the baby. Prayers do get answered.

Sef, You are a good friend and I'm sure your firend appreciates you being there for her. Sorry it brought back some bad memories. Just try to think about the good ones.

Missy, I'm hoping th alcohol will dull the pain. . It is some better today. It really doesn't matter where we go for lunch. SOmething in walking distance since we will not have a car. Not sure if my DH will join us. He wants to watch the Bears/Saints game somewhere.

Talitha, hope all goes well with the Dr. tomorrow. I'll keep my for you. I bet you are great at planning parties. Congrats on the 3 lbs. you are doing great.

Emma, Wow 2.5 lbs is awesome. Hang in there. Your posts crack me up.

Kim, How wonderful to hear from you. I am always hoping to see a post. Youa re doing great even though you are not here with us. You are almost at that 30 lb mark. Hope you are planning to stay on here now.

Probably won't be on here much more today. Have a meeting and lots of things to do before I leave. I will miss you all terribly. I don't know if I can go 7 days w/o you all. I will be back next Thursday.

Congrats to all the losers today. Everyone else, hang in there, be patient, this does work.

Jackie
257/153/145
10-10-01
Old 10-08-2003, 09:18 AM   #83  

Good Wednesday morning all. Things are crazy here at work, so I don't have much time to post...I hope WIW is good to everyone. The scale stayed the exact same for me. Not even 1 ounce lost. But at least I did not gain, I guess. I went to the gym this morning for an hour of cardio and I am whooped.

Missy and Jack-k- I am very much looking forward to meeting you. Sunday is still good for me. I was planning on going downtown anyway for the New Orleans film festival. My suggestion for lunch (if neither of you already have one), is Louisiana Pizza Kitchen. It is in the quarter, is reasonable, and has the best ww pizza. Let me know if you think of a good time to meet...
Missy- My sister is a nurse at Ochsner. I am not a physical therapist...I'm the shrink kind.....
Everyone else, have a great day. I will try to respond personally to everyone when things settle down a bit over here!!!!
Old 10-08-2003, 09:38 AM   #84  

Morning everyone. WIW, down a pound to 229, hooray. Hoping next week will be more because TOM has been here this week. I had to leave work yesterday to pick up Seth from school, some kind of tummy thing that's going around. Joe's staying home with him today. Okay, I just noticed something on the board. What are the little eggie things next to the "profile" button. I never noticed them before.

Jecrites - Sorry about the dryer. I'm not sure my family would like the mashed cauliflower either. Although, I did try baking the frozen cauliflower with the lowfat mushroom soup and a little grated cheese on top. It was pretty yummy. Would probably have been better with fresh, but I'm a lazy cook. That's wonderful about the baby.

Pancho - What a fun night at the movies. I want to see that movie also but will probably have to wait for the video. Italy is one place I've never been but would love to visit.

Emma - Wow, not only are you smart, but you cook too!! I have to tell you your meals sounded wonderful yesterday. Want to come visit??? Way to go on the loss.
BOB - Hope you're feeling better, here's a hug for you.

Deb - Girl, you have got to get some sleep. You should have napped with Bailey yesterday. Seriously, I was having problems sleeping, just the getting older, waking up in the middle of the night thing, and I started taking melatonin. It's a natural supplement and really has helped me. I don't wake up in the night like I was and it doesn't leave me all grogged out feeling in the morning.

Lyn - Yes, I saw your post. I haven't found them at all around here. Probably just as well. I had forgotten about your daughter living in Galveston. I'll definitely need the hook-up. We're going down a day early and staying at the Stacia Leigh B&B right by the pier. I can't wait.

ChrisD - Sounds like you had a fun day. Girl, you should taste Deb's world famous hummus!

Maables - Hi there, welcome back to another Texas gal. You must have been posting when I was AWOL. Where in W Tx are you? I went to school in Abilene and my husband's family is from San Angelo.

Teensy - Ok, I missed something somewhere, canning fish????

Superdave - Honk, Honk, that's the wagon honking it's horn. Jump back on with us.

Sef - Hi, there.

Talitha - Woohoo on the 3 pounds!!

Quilter - Congrats on the loss. Isn't it great when our clothes start looking better and looser.

Jack-K - Have fun on your trip!! Give Missy and JackieO a big hug for us.

Missy & JackieO - You guys have a great time with Jack-K. I'm not sure if any of you have met others from the board yet or not, but I have to tell you, it's the greatest thing. When we had the get-together in January in Orlando, we all had the best time and you would have thought we'd known each other for years. Have fun.

Have a great day everyone.

Trish
Old 10-08-2003, 10:19 AM   #85  

No sleep! This is what I look like today!!!!
Old 10-08-2003, 10:21 AM   #86  

This is BAILEY, my niece. You'd think my sister would bring her with a clean face and dressed Cute little bugger though
Old 10-08-2003, 11:05 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 164/163/130

Height: 5' 5"

I think that I am also a victim of not eating enough. I had more to eat yesterday than normal .... and this morning I am down a pound ...finally below that 130 mark!! My father-in-law is loosely following The Zone and he told me one time that he completely goes off plan every few weeks to keep him losing. Now I guess I could tell him he might be stalling because he isn't eating enough! He will like hearing that!

I did have about a half a cup of the Uncle Ben's rice with a chicken breast cooked with cream of mushroom soup and peppers, onions, mushrooms cooked in butter. Probably too much fat ... but it was really good!

Trish-- I am originally from a small town by Amarillo. I've been in Lubbock now for 8 years. I started college in San Angelo!! It's a really nice place... not too hot or cold! I know several people from Abilene...been there a time or two also.

Hope WIW was good to everyone!

Mel
Old 10-08-2003, 11:05 AM   #88  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Wednesday Morning!

Morning all!

Raining here--but the sun looks like it is trying to come out.

Jecrites--I'm all for whacking uncoperative appliances!

Yellow--It's good to hear from you! How's life in the tree house?

Chris--That's ok, they will get an opportunity to redemm themselves next week! It's amazing how we let our selves get wrapped up in football!

Mel--Good to hear from you. Welcome back!

Heart--you don't need a sledghammer--trust me--a heairbrush works just fine.

Nat--Uh-oh, well it's a good thing you have pictures! Da on the fun! That hamburger patty sounds good.

Jackie--Can you send DH down here to cook my supper? For some reason Belle just refuses to cook! Do I need to wait until after my surgery to get the nail? For some reason I'm thinking they like to check the color of your nails while in OR.

Deb--Wow--sounds like Micheal is really doing some excellent work! Is he doing video production? I've been doing some ad work. I'm not an "ad agency" but this was a unique opportunity for a client so I picked up a new skill. I don't think the ice cream will hurt as long as it doesn't become an excuse for a lerger binge.

Colleen--washing walls? You are a better woman than I!

Superdave--fast food is a pitfall for me too. More and more places are doing salads, but they are awfully hard to eat in the car! Here's hoping you can get back ont track today.

Shirely--I'm glad you are here!

Missy--Did you wear the roller skates?

Talitha--Even planning is fun. You can start a little business doing it for churches or other organizations--heck even busy moms that need help with b-day parties!

Emma--How funny on being an honorary Parisian! Your dinner sounds delish!

Kim--WTG on the loss!!!!!

Jackie0--WTG on getting to the gym!

BOB--Still thinking about you!

Time to get to work. Have a great OP day everyone!!!!!

Susan
Old 10-08-2003, 11:52 AM   #89  

Good WIW; I am holding steady at 123# still. I did get to the gym this morning while DH home with the girls. It will be the only day this week I will get there though since I have missed from Delaney being sick, and will be having a yard sale Friday & Saturday.

I baked last night; made Teensy's Apple Walnut Loaf, and Deb's crustless cheesecake (with a crust - chocolate almond recipe). It turned out pretty good, but think I may have cooked it a little too long...got busy! I hope to make a few loaves of zucchini bread tonight.

Deb: Hope you enjoyed your ice cream (makes me want some now). Sorry the candy bar did you in; hope you enjoyed it while scarfing it down. I love the attached image; that's not really you, is it? . Bailey is precious. I made the cheesecake (doubled the recipe, and think I will add a little more agave next time than the 3/4 cup. Overall, it turned out well, but think I overcooked a bit. I doubled the recipe and used a crust, so ended up cooking it nearly 90 minutes.

Teensy: I made the apple walnut loaf, and overall it turned out well. I am going to try the recipe in the oven next; I think the applesauce will give it some extra moistness. When replacing splenda with liquid stevia; how much? How much stevia is the same as 1/2 cup splenda? Have a great day!

SuperDave: At least you admitted your downfall; who needs therapy when you have us? Just jump back on and forget about it.

jecrites: So glad to hear about DF's DD's heart condition being not serious.

Sef: Glad you are taking the time to enjoy your water class; this is time for you!

Talitha: Congrats on the party planning position; you will have a lot of fun. Way to go on the weight loss; you are doing well. Those mini goals are paying off.

Emma: Congrate on teh 2.5 pounds...you are on your way!

Quilter: BRAG, BRAG, BRAG!!!! We want to hear all about it. You deserve to brag all you want; you have done fantastic, and that is what gives everyone here the inspiration to stick with it and do well.

Jack-K: Way to maintain that weight!!

Trishaloo: Congrats on the 1#.

Maables: Congrats on getting below 130; that is awesome. I remember the first time I broke the 130 mark....I was stoked for a long time. Definately kept me motivated to keep it going down.

Fillise: Have a nice, rainy day....send some our way! It is so dry here, we could use some rain.

Have a great day, and I hope to check in later. That is my goal...checking in a.m. & late afternoon.

Take care,
Nat
Old 10-08-2003, 03:10 PM   #90  
Little Engine That Could

Emma--Lol, I can really identify about the obsessing about food--and especially the remembering in detail fine meals that you have enjoyed. In my next life I think I will be a food writer. Just to let the remembrance of a particularly fine dish roll around in my brain and then to let it roll around in some "delicious" adjectives that I would use to describe it--sounds like fun! I'm assuming, then, that you DO speak French. N'est-ce pas?

I've been trying to be even stricter regarding the carbs. This week, as I mentioned earlier, I am sticking to meat and veggies. But it has been fun to be creative. Tonight I am fixing tilapia in a tequila-lime-jalapeno marinade. Grilled, of course. Then some fresh yellow squash lightly sautéed, and finished with a salad of mixed greens, goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes and just a few walnuts. Have to keep the salad acoutrements low so I don't add too many calories. Those walnuts add up!

L'examen français est fini, merci Dieu. I think that I did OK. I was hoping to ace it, and win one for the Gipper (translation--the old person in the class!! ) but I can think of at least one mistake that I made.

My DH is leading a class here tonight so I've gotta go and pick up stuff so we look like we live like humans rather than animals.

A bientôt---See you later.
Closed Thread