Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What is your favorite piece of jewelry?
A necklace 5 19.23%
A pair of earrings 5 19.23%
A ring 15 57.69%
A bracelet 1 3.85%
An Anklet 0 0%
A toe ring 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 11:11 AM   #46  

Good Tuesday morning all:

I went to see "Under the Tuscan Sun" last night with some "mom" friends of mine, and YES I did have popcorn. hadn't seen some of these moms in 3-4 months, and they were shocked with my weight loss. One of them said, "you are too pretty to hang out with us now....we won't invite you anymore (ha)." Boy, you know who your friends really are . I really enjoyed the movie. It is worth the cost of admission just for the absolutely breathtaking scenery. The movie had some serious/funny moments, and was a nice break to get out of the house for a little while.

Trishaloo: I live in the Cave Creek/Anthem area (this is about 30 miles north of downtown area). I hope Jordan doesn't get sick.

Deb: I will call the police department to see if they can even file a report for something like that; I have no identifying info. on the camcorder at all. Who thinks they would ever lose their camcorder???? Gheez! Never thought about making your own bread crumbs; should be easy enough. Sorry you had a difficult time sleeping.

Ange: Good luck selling your house; it's a pain to have to keep showing it. Your DD is precious. I have the opposite problem.... Delaney is almost 15 months and weighs 27 pounds. She is in a 24 mo/2T size already. She has been big from birth (7 lbs 11 oz), being born 1 month early. My oldest has always been long & lean. It took her over a year to hit 20# to turn her carseat around. Britt is going to be Snow White, and Delaney Blue (from Blue's Clue) this year for Halloween.

jecrites: Those could be termites! Have you had a lot of rain lately? They probably are not in your walls, but just came in from the rain. We had the same problem last year after the monsoon season. The females have wings and lay eggs in bedding, clothing, boxes, etc... We had to tear the room apart that they were in and had an exterminator out to spray that room only. There were probably 100 of them. The tore up the carpet and checked around and determined that they were not in the walls; they were just in from all the rain. Sorry to hear about the dryer.

Jack-K: I stopped getting my nails down after getting married (nearly 10 years ago) to save money, and haven't had them done since. I never got the French manicure though because the same thing happened to my nails; they would turn yellow within a few days. I'm sure you will enjoy your easy hair-do. I keep threatening to cut all of Britt's hair off; it is such a hassle to brush through those knots daily.

Emma: Having a scale and Weigh-in-Wed will help keep you accountable. Don't get obsessed with it, and you will be fine. I should take my own advice there . I weigh every day because I am in the maintenance stage, and want to make sure not to get out of that stage. If the scale goes up, then I make adjustments to my diet for the day and see if it is back down the next day. When I was in the process of losing, I tried to weigh only once a week since weight fluctuates so much. Always weigh first thing in the morning without any clothes on, after you go to the bathroom

beach: So sorry to hear about your uncle. We will miss you and look forward to your return.

heart: You are being a good friend, and your advice is falling on deaf ears. Way too many people feel that skipping meals or not eating much is the way to lose weight.....they have no idea how wrong they are. I would have never thought that eating as often as I do would allow me to lose/maintain weight. That is what we have been taught for so many years, and it is difficult to change the frame of mind of so many. She should know just from your awesome success how well it works. You tried! Enjoy your class!

Well, we are expecting rain today; hope it pours!!!

I'll check in later. Everyone have a great OP day!!!

Nat
Old 10-07-2003, 11:20 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Trying to keep caught up.

Emma, we were posting at the same time. What an interesting post. Since you have so many issues with the scale, I might warn you not to weigh everyday. The shock may kill you. The daily flucuations for no reason are hard to handle. I suggest weighing on WIW only.

Ange, what a cutie, she will get lots of treats. Sorry you can't be with us much, but we understand. Drop in when you can.

JackieO, I plan on bringing shorts. THe hotter the better.

Trish, sure hope Jordon doesn't get sick. Keep your fingers crossed. Your ring sounds lovely. Good idea to use those high school rings that just lay in the jewelry box.

Jecrites, Do you all have a laundry mat close by? That may be your only option for a while.

Jackie
Old 10-07-2003, 11:32 AM   #48  

Hey everyone! Very sad day around here. But, its just a game right? Blah, blah, blah! Just a quick post...I have to go get ready to take Dominic to my moms for the day! She is on vacation and wants him for the day! Gotta love that!

BOB - Im so sorry to hear about Skeeter. You are in my thoughts.

DEB - Thank you so much for taking the time out to get me those PB cookie recipes. You are tooo too good to me. You need some sleeping pills or something. you dont get enough sleep.

PANCHO - How is Delaney doing? Any better today? I go through Agave like crazy too. I cant even tell you how many bottles I have been through in 2 months. I wish it wasnt so expensive. Isnt it nice to get compliments like that...I love it! Gives you such a boost!

ANGE - can she be any cuter?? What a doll baby in that costume. Welcome back...Ive been wondering where you've been!

JACKIE - Yep..yep..yep. I cant even believe it. Im so disgusted really. I wish I would of went to bed instead of staying up until 130am....watching that crap. They got so cockey and lazy in the 4th quarter. Im really ashamed of them. I have to stop dwelling on it. When I woke up this morning its the first thing i thought about. Im embarrassed for them. But again, I must stop dwelling and stop taking it so damn personally. I have a problem with stupid losses like that! But, good for Dungy and Happy Birthday to him. And good for Manning, he shined in the 4th q. They deserved to win...as much as I hate saying that. See Im getting pissed again just talking about it...so on that note Im done. Hows the hip???

TRISH - Im sorry too..and thank you. Im sick over it. I wish I would of went to bed too!

have a good day guys!

Chris
Old 10-07-2003, 12:01 PM   #49  

Hi Everyone,

BOB—I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers this week. I think the burden of ‘making the decision’ also magnifies the pain. You are lucky that you had a trusting relationship with your vet. That is priceless.
My older DS Lois had to have her Garfield (18 yo) put down this past spring. I was in with her, since it seemed extra difficult to lose your cat to cancer just like our Mom. Her vet is a smart and caring person. I even drive 5.5 hours to have him care for my ‘geriatric’ cats!

Even Mom lost her two cats (her snuggle companion Emmie, only 3 yrs and Pumpkin, only 8 yrs) the summer before she died. It was just awful, and it was an ‘unknown’ wasting disease. In contrast to Lois, Mom’s vet was a quack. Well, it turned out that the cats caught the ‘disease’ at the (sub-standard) quack vet office that tried to take advantage of the fear/grief to charge over $1000. Lucky for Mom, I have friends who are vets, and I ‘negotiated’ with the quack. The quack even called Mom while she was in the hospital recuperating from surgery to tell her that Emmie had died. I went with my younger ‘pod’ sister Carol (I suppose I’ll have to explain that in a later post. ) to help and support her while she took Emmie to another vet for the cremation. The difference the vet’s attitude makes in the whole process is absolutely clear because while Lois grieved, Mom & Carol felt guilt over the experience which exacerbated the grief.

Debelli- Thanks for the compliments on my writing! I am technically a biochemist, with a PhD in biochemistry. However, have degree, will study whatever you want & can get funded! (read: I beg for my living…..) I currently study how neurons die in the central nervous system. As a model, I use a retrovirus that infects rats (only-- I did my lab stint with human pathogens like HIV during my two years at Institut Pasteur in Paris France ), and study how the different cell populations respond to the infections and how these responses kill neurons. What is learned from this model is relevant to HIV dementia, MS, ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) and even Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. As a geek, I am compelled to confess that my favorite equipment are my way cool fluorescent microscope rig and a workhorse 1960’s vintage microtome!

All Thrift Shoppers: I too love to thrift shop. I am a sucker for vintage clothes and HATS! HATS! & more HATS! Here in Tarrytown, yard sales are called ‘tag sales’ & are usually IN someone’s house. So all nosy busybodies go to ‘tag sales’ often just to see someone’s house?? Weird sorta—I just live here.

Well, I am just about finished with my lunch. Leftover chicken over Caesar salad with grated parmesan cheese. Must return to work. But speaking of food reminds me that I am looking forward to experimenting with the tempting recipes posted by everyone. The first attempt will be apple-walnut loaf, since I drooled on the keyboard reading that post.

Thanks everyone!

Emma
Old 10-07-2003, 12:02 PM   #50  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

I just wanted to drop by and thank everyone for their kind and warm thoughts for Skeeter. I went to work today, but my boss had to send me home...I just couldn't function...I'm about to climb up in the four poster for the afternoon, but before I do, I wanted to share this little ditty with you...I needed a laugh, and it came along just in time.

GARDEN SNAKES ARE DANGEROUS!

Green garden grass snakes can be dangerous. Yes, grass snakes, not just rattlesnakes.

A couple in Sweetwater, Texas had a lot of potted plants, and during a recent cold spell, the wife was bringing a lot of them indoors to protect them from a possible freeze.

It turned out that a little green garden grass snake was hidden in one of the plants and when it had warmed up, it slithered out and the wife saw it go under the sofa. She let out a very loud scream.

The husband, who was taking a shower, ran out into the living room naked to see what the problem was.

She told him there was a snake under the sofa. He got down on the floor on his hands and knees to look for it. About that time the family dog came and cold nosed him on the rear. He thought the snake had bitten him and he fainted.

His wife thought he had a heart attack, so she called an ambulance. The attendants rushed in and loaded him on the stretcher and started carrying him out. About that time the snake came out from under the sofa and one of the Emergency Medical Technicians saw it and dropped his end of the stretcher.

That's when the man broke his leg and why he is still in the hospital.

The wife still had the problem of the snake in the house, so she called on a neighbor man. He volunteered to capture the snake. He armed himself with a rolled-up newspaper and began poking under the couch. Soon he decided it was gone and told the woman, who sat down on the sofa in relief.

But in relaxing, her hand dangled in between the cushion where she felt the snake wriggling around. She screamed and fainted, the snake rushed back under the sofa, and the neighbor man, seeing her laying there passed out tried to use CPR to revive her.

The neighbor's wife, who had just returned from shopping at the grocery store, saw her husband's mouth on the woman's mouth and slammed her husband on the back of the head with a bag of canned goods, knocking him out and cutting his scalp to a point where it needed stitches.

An ambulance was again called when it was determined that the injury required hospitalization.

The noise woke the woman from her dead faint and she saw her neighbor lying on the floor with his wife bending over him, so she assumed he had been bitten by the snake. She went to the kitchen, brought back a small bottle of whiskey, and began pouring it down the man's throat.

By now the police had arrived. They saw the unconscious man, smelled the whiskey, and assumed that a drunken fight had occurred. They were about to arrest them all, when the two women tried to explain how it all happened over a little green snake.

The ambulance arrived and took away the neighbor and his sobbing wife.

Just then the little snake crawled out from under the couch. One of the policemen drew his gun and fired at it. He missed the snake and hit the leg of the end table that was on one side of the sofa. The table fell over and the lamp on it shattered and as the bulb broke, it started a fire in the drapes.

Another policeman tried to beat out the flames and fell through the window into the yard on top of the family dog. The startled dog jumped up and raced out into the street, where an oncoming car swerved to avoid it and smashed into the parked police car and set it on fire.

Meanwhile, the burning drapes had spread to the walls and the entire house was blazing. Neighbors had called the fire department and the arriving fire truck had started raising his ladder when they were halfway down the street. The rising ladder tore out the overhead wires and pulled out the electricity and disconnected telephones in a ten-square city block area.

Time passed...

Both men were discharged from the hospital. The house was rebuilt. The police acquired a new car, and all was right with the world.

About a year later the original couple were watching TV and the weatherman announced a cold snap for that night. The husband asked his wife if she thought they should bring in their plants for the night.

She shot him.

Thanks again for all you're kind thoughts...

BOB
Old 10-07-2003, 01:10 PM   #51  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon!

Today is one of those do nothing kinda days. I should be doing chores but naaaaaa they'll be there later. I had to take Britt to work at 8 and BJ to work at 11. That boy has to learn to drive.

Emma....loved your thoughts on the scales. I have a love hate relationship with mine. Your work sounds very exciting and way over my head.

Jack-K...Britt gets the white tips but pays a little extra to get something done that keeps them white but I can't remember what it's called. I will ask her when I pick her up this afternoon.

JackieO...thank you for the howdy today.

Ange...can you say too cute! She is adorable.

Poncho....hey skinny. What a compliment from your friends. ((hugzz))

(((((Bob))))) Thanks for the funny. I love it.

ChrisD...enjoy your down time. With five of them it's not often that I'm away from them. But sometimes my daughter watches them and I sneak out for a bit..love it.

Jenn...is the dryer tumbling? If not its probably just the belt. Very easy to change. Robert just had to fix ours. If it's the heating element I bet those are pretty easy also. There wasn't a lot going on in the dryer when we took it apart.

Trish...praying for Jordan. I know you can't wait to get to see him again.

Monet and Deb....I hope ya'll get some rest this evening. I've been waking up a lot at night and I am wiped out.

Tammy....if you are lurking..howdy!

It's that time. The children think it's time to eat.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

235/153/140-135 maybe maybe
Old 10-07-2003, 01:16 PM   #52  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Tuesday Morning!

Morning all!

I'm back from teaching my class and ready to tackle the pile of work at the home office. But first I wanted to stop and visit with my friend here for aminute.

Last night I had dinner with Michael Gorbechev. OK, techinically he wasn't at my table, but he was at the next table over. He was here to give a lecture last night. So that was my brush with fame for yesterday!

Heart--Don't you just HATE the TOM weight gain????? Oh well, at least you know it will go away in a few days.

Monet--Sounds like yesterday wasn't too bad--hope today goes well too. November might be better for me--a lot depends on when I decide to have this surgery. If I do it the first of Dec (like I want to) then I have to get everything for Christmas done by Thanksgiving. I'll probably know more about that by the end of mext week. Actually, it wouldn't be a bad idea for y'all to be here on a school day. We could arrange for Laura to sit in on a class if there is something she in interested in!

Deb--Get some sleep girl! I hope Michael's project goes ok--I'm shipping mine off to the publisher in a few minutes--Wheew!

Pancho--So sorry to hear about the camcorder--at least you have the real memories--the ones in your mind!!!! So as long as you don't lose your mind you will be OK! (Some of on the board would be in BIG trouble!!!!HAH!)

Jenn--Ick, ants. I have problems from time to time. They are also attracted to water--so they are getting either food or water somewhere.

Anna--So sorry to hear about your uncle. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Please do let me know when you get down this way. I'd love to visit with you.
Colleen--mmmm, that apple walnut loaf sounds good! I'll have to try it.

Emma--Welcome aboard! I am glad/sorry that you now have a scale in your house. It's a usefull tool, but I am the woman that beat her scale to death with a hair brush when it registered an unexpected (and unwarrented) spike in weight after weeks and weeks and weeks of being good. I hope you will have more self control. I can sympathize with Jabba because if someone else puts me on a diet I react exactly the same way. Shreddind and eating everything in sight is a perfectly appropriate response to forced starvation. That's why we all know you gotta make the decision yourself. And it sounds like you are learning to accept the "facts" without the emotional baggage. That's a HUGE step--congrats!

Jackie--I think I'm going to have to break down and get the nails. I have a friend that does my manicures and I will hate to tell her that I will stop coming, but the nails are splitting and peeling and just will not grow!!!! I want pretty nails!

Ange--What a sweeiie!!! Thanks for sharing the picture!

Trish--I've been asking round town and think I've found someone that is good for the nails--so now all I have to do is take the plunge.

Jenn--My DM's dryer wouldn't dry clothes and my Dad and I unhooked the hose and cleaned all the lint out--even got it from the hose to the vent under the house. She says her dryer works like a charm now!

Nat--I'd like to see Under the Tuscan Sun. But I read the book and the woman in the book is older. I can't stand the way Hollywood only has use for the young and the beautiful. The real woman that wrote that book is interesting enough for a movie. I don't know if I can get past that.

Chris--Let it go!!!!! It's not SEC football, after all. heh heh heh.

BOB--I hope you get some rest today--we are here for you when you need us.

Have a good day everyone!

Susan
Old 10-07-2003, 01:18 PM   #53  
Goddess

CRystle--we were posting at the same time! I hope you have a great day and I think you deserve some down time!

Susan
Old 10-07-2003, 02:04 PM   #54  

Fillise, I had to laugh at your post to Emma about beating your scales with a hairbrush. That is too funny. Knowing my luck with hair brushes, I'd end up breaking it. Although I did beat my dryer one time because the kids have used the door for a climbing tool and it won't stay shut unless you prop it, now with it being on a slick concrete basement floor the stick won't stay in place very good and it made me mad one day so I wacked it a good one, not that it helped any, but made me feel a little better.

Country, I think it's tumbling. All I know is it was turned on 2 times and ran the full cycle and went off like normal but my towels are still just as wet as they were to start with. Hubby looked at it, but I don't know if he found out anything useful, and of course his lunch break isn't enough time to take it apart and look at it. I may have to see if I can "borrow" the neighbors dryer and get my 2 loads dried, the one in the dryer now and the one in the wash waiting to dry. I just went down there to get the stuff out and he's got it running and it's actually warm, I hope it works!

Last edited by jecrites; 10-07-2003 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:29 PM   #55  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All!

My sister came at 11:45pm to p/u BAILEY. She was a bit miserable this morning, on and off crying. She finally fell asleep in my lap as I rocked her. I tried to put her on the floor as it wasn't so comfortable for me but she woke up so I had this little log on my chest sleeping for 1 1/2 hours! At least she woke u happy, and only 5 minutes before my DS showed up.

Had some things to do so wasn't able to get in a nap. May try aftr I p/u MICHAEL from school before I have to run back and get LAUREN at 6:430pm

MONET, is your arse dragging like mine today? Looks like a few of us were up before the crack of dawn. Here's hoping to get in a nap after I get MICHAEL.

EMMA, first, PLEASE, don't become a scale-a-holic like me. It's a tough addiction to break-worse than chocolate I think! It can make or break some people. You should read WHY THE SCALE LIES which I do believe is on the RECOMMENDED READING BOARD. Okay, now to the family and weight. Are we related? Girl, we should talk! If your Grandmother's name is Gertrude (get the RUDE at the end of her name) then we're in BIG trouble! Really, if we could talk you'd see there are other families that are like yours and I think my GM was the head of the conspiracy!!!! Umm, if it becomes to much, chuck the spreadsheet and have BILL hide the scale! You really sound like you have an interesting profession. I've copied what you wrote to me to show MICHAEL, my DS, who's a senior in HS this year who wants to be a pediatric surgeon. He would LOVE to go to France to study, he took 5 years of French and loves the language and speaks it with ELI at home quite often. Loves some of the same movies you do! Everyone things IB students are geeks too, but you're not geeks, just too smart for the rest of us stupid people to understand I swear, MICHAEL lost me in 3rd grade - I feel so stupid most of the time!!! Garage sales, tag sales, etc. - love them all!!! I like going in houses too when given the chance, some are beautiful and others you think you better go and see if you have some sort of protective gear in your car to pull out and wear!

JACKK, Martha Steward, not in a million years! Just found something I haven't screwed up on but was able to perfect before I gave up! What names did they chose - maybe I'll pass them over to my sister, the weirder the better she says! Her latest idea was ASHTON, not a weird name per se, but one associated with a BOY! Hope you get some butt relief, this can't be good for you mentally!

JEC, yes, DS has 5 and this is #6. My BIL doesn't seem to have a say in the name per se, he just says no to what he doesn't like and she continues looking but he doesn't say what names he does like because he couldn't come up with anything weird enough off the top of his head and he's surely not in to reading baby name books or hitting the websites out there. Hope DH can figure out what's wrong with the dryer, hopefully something easy. Oh, don't I know if it's not one thing it's another, I'm just waiting for "the other" to come next!

ANGE, first off ADORABLE!!! Second, hope you get that house sold. Heck, I'd ask the couple who's come 4 times why they keep coming, nothings going to change, rooms aren't going to get bigger. I could understand 2 times, 3rd time to make a decision, but 4? Hope things settle down before long so we can have you back full force

JACKIE, don't I wish I could of taken a nap when my niece was here, that was impossible though. I was so uncomfortable on the couch with her lying on top of me. This one weighs what seems to be a ton (she's almost 1 1/2yrs old). Thanks for the compliments on my two, they'll do in a pinch Looking forward to seeing a pic soon-if you can get it scanned and e-mail me with it I can get it up there for you, or at least try!!!

TRISH, thanks for the offer on the malt and brewing places, MONET mentioned the same thing. I need to find out if the malts are the same for baking, I've read they aren't and with me not knowing diddly, have to look in to it because if I screw it up once I'm done with it!!! Hey, I can always ship you some pita from DAILY BREAD!!!! TRISH, you KNOW me, I can't cook, much less bake-if I can make this you can too!!!!

PANCHO, that's nice that you had a nice evening out with some friends, enjoyed the movie, yourself AND gained some well deserved compliments!! I'm planning on seeing that movie as well. Do you have the model # of the camera, from the book? Did you ever register it, have the number written somewhere?

CHRIS, so what did you do today with having a free day? In the kitchen baking maybe? Maybe you need to bake me something and lace it with sleeping pills?!? I will know by tonight about next week. ELI has to make his schedule if I want him to go, so now I have to corner MICHAEL and get an answer.

Gotta run, will try and get on the computer later if I can to p/u where I've left off.

Toodles

Deb
Old 10-07-2003, 03:06 PM   #56  
Little Engine That Could

Emma--You say you were in France studying at the Institut Pasteur. Do you speak French?

Monet--Thanks for the info re. Hashimoto's. Actually, the only manifestation is my weight gain and the difficulty losing anything. I feel great; I have lots of energy, have thick hair, etc. etc. Actually, there are a few minor other things, but nothing really very noticeable, except for the weight. The doctor is running tests to see what might be causing it, such as heavy metals in my body, etc. I am trying this week to have zero carbs, except for veggies. I have not had any fruit, but have had broccoli, squash, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, and lots of lettuce. Maybe this will jump start me into losing. If not, maybe I should shoot myself. Either that or go out to Cold Stone and get a giant sundae!!
Old 10-07-2003, 03:35 PM   #57  

Hi,

The fall weather is starting to show up around here with pretty foliage and cool weather. I will enjoy it while I can.

Monet: Thanks for posting the recipe for the WW crust. I have tried several times to make one and it has failed me. They always seem to break apart too easily. I will try your recipe and I bet I will have better luck. I wonder if spelt flour would work?

Trish: I wrote late Friday on the board....did you get my message about the Aunt Gussie's, etc? When the time gets closer for you to go to Galveston, let me know and I can get you the names of non-tourist places to eat since my daughter lives near there. Or good tourist places to eat if you'd rather. SB legal, of course!

BOB: Oh, Bob, I was so sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend Skeeter. It seemed like he was a member of the board also.

Debbie: Thanks for posting the pita bread recipe. Ray and I love to use pita bread instead of other breads for our sandwiches. On the pantry...I guess my spell check failed me on that one. I bought two Sheldon chicken pot pies at Feelin Great HFS which is now located near Harris Teeter on Old Spartanberg Hwy. in Hendersonville. They cost $2.20. Is that a fairly good price? I think everything around here costs more because we are in a tourist area.

Okay, on to think about a walk.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:46 PM   #58  

Hello everyone. getting ready to go pick up the little man. He ha been at my moms since 12pm. She wouldnt let me come pick him up, he is being a very good boy! Thats because I am not there! lol.

DEB - Didnt bake today, but I did shop! I went and bought a new shirt for Saturday night and a nice pair of boots (low ones). Also went to Walmart and wound up spending $60.00. I have no idea how that happened. I bought mostly food, but its not like I didnt go grocery shopping over the weekend. uggghhh, it never ends!

FILLISE - Im trying to let it go, but its been haunting me all day! Im just so mad at them!

COUNTRY - first of all, I had no idea that you had 5 kids. You go girl...how do you do it? I can see why you tend to sneak out every once in a while.

Gotta run....

Chris
Old 10-07-2003, 03:49 PM   #59  

DEB - ps... I just went to my sisters house for a minute. I thought of you because her sister in law and bro-in law are here from NY. Her SIL made hummus...it was sooo good. The reason it was so good is because her husband is lebanese(sp?). Thats why I thought of you! I know you make a good one too, because of the same reason! lol!
C-ya
Chris
Old 10-07-2003, 04:39 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 164/163/130

Height: 5' 5"

Exclamation back again

hello all!

I guess it has been about a year or so since I've posted. I fell off the wagon but I'm back...its been about 6 weeks. I just love this life and don't really know why I stop eating this way. It seems like the minute I stop and have a piece of cake at a birthday party.....or pie at christmas...I just can't stop. Anyway, I am trying to make a new start and I feel great! It's going pretty slow since I only had about 20lbs to lose.

I have been out checking new GI lists. There are several that list Uncle Ben's Converted Rice as being low GI (mid 40's). That really confuses me. I don't really care for brown rice, so it would be nice to have the Uncle Ben's on occasion. Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks a bunch!

Mel

140/120/130 ??? (estimated!)
Closed Thread