3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 8/25-8/31 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/31008-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-8-25-8-31-a.html)

Debelli 08-25-2003 06:14 AM

Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 8/25-9/1

http://members.aol.com/eldemila/sb_sign4.jpg

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=31007

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME! :D

http://members.aol.com/debelli/welcome_bear.gif

Debelli 08-25-2003 06:20 AM

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's just the one today:

http://members.aol.com/debelli/monda...ng_thought.jpg

GROWING STRONGER

Your body's muscles are made stronger by the resistance they encounter. And so are you.

Use the strength you have, and as a result you will have even more. Step up to the challenges, and you'll be preparing yourself to successfully meet even greater challenges. By being strong you become yet stronger. For it is always possible to go a little beyond where you've gone before, and you can do it again and again.

Push steadily forward, and with each push you'll grow stronger and more capable. Though you may start small, you'll soon begin to see big results.Those who are strong became that way not through luck or magic or mysterious process. Those who are strong became strong by applying what strength they had, over and over. And so can you.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Debelli 08-25-2003 07:19 AM

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGES:

As usual we continue with to TRY AND GET IN AT LEAST 64 OUNCES OF WATER A DAY and TRY TO GET IN AT LEAST 3 DAYS WORTH OF EXERCISE and post it on the exercise board.

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE:

Take at least one day out this week to let us know WHERE your carbs come from. List the carb related foods and what category they fall under, such as fruit, dairy, veggies, starchy carbs. If you already journal, this should be an easy thing to do, if not, this will help you be more aware of your carb intake and where they come from and possibly what you can tweak to make your daily food intake better, more intesteresting, etc.

You can list just the foods you eat, or you can be more specific and list the food and the amount-up to you:)

GOOD LUCK!

beachfan37 08-25-2003 07:43 AM

:dancer: Happy Monday Morning

My MM contribution:

"Failure isn't falling down it is staying down."

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."

God's Little Instruction Book for Women

:bb: Enjoyed my Great Niece's baptism yesterday. Afterwards we went to the other grandparents house and they had homemade peach ice cream. I did ok but had to have just a little taste of the ice cream it was too yummy. :lol:

Today I will travel for work and not be home till late. Hope to get in a walk tonight if possible.

Weighed in today for WW and now the Monday challenge. I'm at 170...1 pound since last monday. Oh and I voted on the poll this week and said one meal is my usual cheat. I've learned if I will stop there and get back on the right track for the next meal then I can not go off the deep end. That's why I picked todays MM.

:goodvibes Have a great day.

Anna
222/170/140

Toni48 08-25-2003 07:44 AM

Good Monday morning.... DH just got off to work. I'm sitting here in total shock........ I got up at 5:30 this morning excited to get on the scale and was I surprised when I stepped on it and have gained weight. Now talk about a shock. Not one piece of non legal food has passed my lips! I can tell I'm retaining some fluid but I really really thought I would lose. I've been so up about being back on SB, I've made sure I'm right OP. I'll just have to ride it out and see what happens Wed.

Thank you Debilli for calling me yesterday. That just made my day. I tried a soup recipe I got from another board yesterday and really liked it. I have enough leftover for today too...

Refried Bean Soup 1 small onion-chopped
2 cloves garlic-minced
1 Tbls. vegetable oil
1 can refried beans-31oz
1 can diced tomatoes-undrained
1 can Rotel Tomatoes-undrained
1 can chicken broth
Garnishes-cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack) sour cream, chopped green onion
Cook onion and garlic in oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat stirring constantly, until tender. Add beans, both tomatoes and chincken broth, stirring until smooth. Be sure to mash the lumps of refried beans until completely dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 min. Ladle soup into individual soup bowls, top with cheese, and sour cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 hearty servings.

Even my DH ate this. I'll pop back on after while and see how everyone did over the week-end.

213/180.5/130

Solly 08-25-2003 08:13 AM

Happy Monday, If that can ever be.

Well we didn't get to go onthe boat trip. DD decided she couldn't go back to school until Sunday. She was back and forth since Friday. I was very disappointed about not getting to go, but if I had I woul dhave felt like a horrible mother. She could get around a lot better. So we followed her back to UK Sunday and unloaded her car for her and took her to the grocery. $248! Man, you would think she bought food for the whole semester. Of course, lots of beauty products, etc. I wasn't prepared for that.

So I was pretty much in a funk all of Saturday and won't even go into what kind of eating that led to.

DH & I have decided today is the day we get serious about this again. Ballgames are over so we will be able to get in our walks and workouts in. I cut out bunches of exercies from magazines and will put together a workout there too. If I could ever understand Fitday, I would start doing that.

Beachfan, We have a bonefish in Lou but I have not tried it. Planning to do so soon. Liked your MM. Thanks.

Deb, I guess Eli is one of those guys that dates don't stick with. There could be lots of worse things wrong with him than remembering anniversaries. So if you can overlook it, good for you. I would have to be reminding him, but that's me.

Melf, what handsome GS's you have.

Toni, The girl at work makes that soup and loves it. I had something similar to that in PUnta Cana and loved it so I think I will give it a try. I love soups. Don't worry about that gain, it is probably water and will be gone soon. Try weighing again around 9:30 and see if it is better.

Have a great day. Hope to get back on later.

Jackie

woodfrogs 08-25-2003 08:19 AM

Good Morning everyone,
Our county fair ended yesterday, I would up working at it for 4 days, and since fair food is not traditionally someplace you go to eat healthy, there were definite lapses in my WOE last week. But now, hopefully I can resume my downward progress.
I even got a henna tattoo yesterday, my kids think I'm weird :)
Hope that everyone does well this week. I hope to walk on the treadmill tonight and catch up with a couple of TV programs that we recorded.
Have a great day everyone!
Barbara
270/234/135

Debelli 08-25-2003 08:33 AM

Good Monday Morning Everyone:wave:

Well, the kids are at school!!! YIPEEEEE!! We left about 6:40am and had really no traffic to speak of, just how I like it. We'll probaby leave 5 minutes later tomorrow but wanted to see how bad the traffic was at this time as the route I take, they built more houses which = more cars on the road = more traffic.

I planned to come home and walk but my neighbor called late last night and asked if I could watch her daughter for a few minutes while her DH takes her son to school. I said yes, though I really was looking forward to walking early and this put a twist on that idea. I could go as I write this but it would be a shorter walk and I really wanted to go the 4.5 miles I use to go, though I know for a fact I'll be walking slow. Probably should of gone and made a shorter walk of it, but now I'm just going to stick to my plan of walking later. I haven't walked in months and with my toe, I'm not looking at any times today, just to get out there is my goal. Felt weird putting on my "walking" clothes! What I'm NOT going to like is having to loosen my fanny pack:nono:

Oh, glasses update-took them back to were I got my eyes checked AGAIN and they said they made a mistake, the prescription is right, what isn't right, which is from the glasses place is that the area of the lens is too high. I may have to find a new frame, either way, they have to be fixed, so some time next week, maybe Saturday, I have to take MICHAEL to go get his glasses and will take mine back as well.

On to some replies...

TEENSY, you asked the other day ***Question---I thought I saw where Deb had said to someone to only use Stoned Ground WW. Does that mean that I have been doing this wrong. Some of the products I use say SG WW, but others just say 100% WW. (I make sure that it is not enriched WW.) I may have confused this......it would be easy for me to do!! Does anyone know?? ** As long as it says 100% WW, it's probably okay, just not stone ground, at least that's what I hope. Here's a sight that may help answer that and many more questions:

FLOUR INFO

HEART, glad to hear the news about BOOGIE not having to go back for 6 months!:spin: Sorry to hear about the $$ woes, I totally can relate. LOVED the pics - DH looks like a HUNK! Thanks for sharing - no matter what, I think you are a beautiful woman!

BEACH, sounds like you're doing great:D HM peach ice cream, and you only had a tad - you rock! Great job being down another pound!!! I haven't decided which answer to the poll would suit me at this point. You have the right idea though.

TONI, don't let that gain stress you out at all, I've gone through it many times and there's many reasons it can happen, just know to sit strong and it will leave, along with another pound or two, I promise. Loved speaking with you yesterday and will do so again in the future. Thanks for posting the recipe, I think I have all the stuff in the house and may just try making it!

JACKK, sorry to hear you didn't get on the boat:( There will be another time though, I'm sure, right? ELI and dates, usually he's good, at least he remembers my birthday! He didn't say anything yesterday, though he told me a million times he loves me - I think he was fishing;) Haven't given him a clue he's a day late and a dollar short and that's growing! :s: Guess he sure wasn't planning anything special. He's not off til this Sunday, so I know he didn't. He forgot once before, you think he'd of learned!

WOOD, sounds like you had a busy weekend. Today is a new day, a new week, so you can get back on track with the rest of us:)

Okay, JESSICA is here and watching TV, I have to go to the bathroom and then get ready - her father shouldn't be too long taking her brother to school and once back, I do plan on getting my butt out there to walk. Let's hope with my toe being what seems to be permanently big, fits in my shoes and causes me no problems:shrug:

Will check in after I return!

{{{HUGS}}}:grouphug:

Debbie

Toni48 08-25-2003 09:26 AM

What is the web site for fitaday? I can't find it. I know I must be spelling it wrong. Think I might need to start recording my food there. My computer crashed a month or so back and I lost the address for it..... Thank you....

angehaley 08-25-2003 10:01 AM

website

Toni -

good am to you... I was just browsing the site... it is
www.fitday.com

a.

Pancho 08-25-2003 10:33 AM

Good Monday Morning:

TOM s/b here any minute, but I still weighed in (125#); that's up 1/2 - 1 pound from last week, but I'll take it.

Question: Has anyone had their gall bladder removed, and if so....do you remember what the symptoms were? I occasionally get a ripping, tearing sensation in the right side near my ribs, and it is really painful. It happened quite a few times when I was preg. with second child, but I always assumed it was due to the stretching. It just happened again the other day; the first time since when I was pregnant with her.

I need to stay off e-bay for a while, or I will be bidding on a divorce kit (ha). I am winning all my bids; I can't believe it. I am going to wait a few months now, and then jump on and do some Christmas shopping.

Has anyone heard from Jenn in MN? I really thought she'd stop in and update us on the pregnancy. I hope all is going well for her.

Today is my daughter's first day of Kindergarten. I have to not cry in front of her. It's going to be so hard. I know it is only 3 hours a day, but also a sign that she is growing up.

I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD KISS DEBELLI OR KICK HER IN THE BEHIND!!!! If you haven't tried the zucchini loaf cake listed in the recipe section, you should (if you have willpower, that is). I made it last night and it is delicious!! I now have to try the Blintz cake. It is so nice to have something to snack on that is legal, sweet and not full of unnnatural products.

I am catching up on replies from Thurs. through the weekend, some may be old news, but here goes:

bashful: Sounds like you have a great hubby, cooking for you. Does he follow SB too?

Libra: I watched the last 10 minutes of Extreme Makeover the other night; it was pretty interesting. What a great idea to set goals for yourself and then give yourself rewards. I think we should all do that, and then when we reach our goals, reward ourselves for every month we keep it off. Sorry to hear about your divorce after so many years.

Monet: You are only human, and I don't think many, if any, of us could do what you do (decorate cakes) and not give in totally!!! Way to get DD to clean up the mess. You did great at the shower. Chinese food makes me hungry; haven't had that in ages.

angehaley: DD is precious!!

Melf: Great pictures of GS. You must be proud!

beach: Of course we still want you here; we all have busy weeks sometimes. Glad you and DH had a great night out. My husband and I are supposed to go out on Sept. 6th, for the first time since DD #2 was born (almost 14 months ago). I have a difficult time leaving my girls with anyone! Way to keep those kids in line!

Rosalie: I still have to try CountryMom's lasagne; sounds like a big hit. I will be making it this week. Some people (myself & Deb included) lose more with a few more starchy carbs.

Deb: I'm sure you are happy to have the funeral behind you! You and hubby have the same anniversary date as your parents? That's neat. Sorry Eli forgot the special day? How many years? Not that it matters, right? I would be very upset as well!! I did get DD to the doctor, and no ear infection; Thank God! She just has a little cold, and the stuffed up nose is keeping her from sleeping, I think.

groovia: WElcome back! Congratulations on getting the response from GH already! Maybe we will read it in the front of one of the upcoming issues. Way to go!

Fruit: Don't beat yourself up too bad. 10 FF is nothing; I have done that more than a few times. Sorry you had a bad reaction to them though. Maybe if I would, I wouldn't do it. Anytime my daughter gets FF, I have to eat a few. That's a major downfall of mine. BUT, I eat far less than I used to.

Toni: Maybe you are retaining some water weight. I am sure you are as you have been doing so well. Don't get discouraged; keep plugging along, and you will do great. Good luck figuring out Fitday. A lot of people (my sister included) swear by it, and really love it. I found it too time consuming for me. I could only go enter everythign in late at night, once kids were in bed, and by then it was too late, and often discouraging.

Well everyone, I hope you have a great day to the start of another fantastic week!!

I'll check in later; gotta get the show on the road around here.

Debelli 08-25-2003 11:09 AM

Hey All:wave:

Well, I did it! I got in my walk. It was hot, humid, late, threat of rain, toe got taped up, was slow and the sheer reality of having to loosen that fanny pack came in to play, but I went!!!! I have to admit, despite my *****in, it felt good to get out there today. Got in my 4.5 miles that I use to do way back:rolleyes: Boy, am I out of shape in more ways than one:eek: Cross your fingers I have another day under my belt tomorrow:cross:

Before I forget, as I did earlier this morning, as I was reading the newspaper yesterday I saw an ad for CURVES that one is opening in Kendall, now, it didn't say where in Kendall as there is just Kendall and then there's East & West, but in the general area. Didn't say when either, so I put in a call to the number in the ad-no repsonse yet though. The questions I have for those who go to Curves are Why do you like it? What's it like? What's the cost? Stuff like that. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!:D

PANCHO, I had my GB removed years ago. From what I remember it was more like having chest pains, I think, but gosh, it was like 20 years ago-who can remember, I can't remember what I had for dinner the other night! I'm sure my recollection isn't that good and it could very well be like you've said, just don't remember it being as such:shrug: I have gotten something like you've talked about, though mine seems to be a searing pain, like burning-does that sound like something you've had? When it doubt, check it out-make an appt with the Dr., let him tell you it's nothing, hopefully. Nothing from JENN - have her telly and thought about calling her but didn't-will try to put that on my TO DO list. So glad you liked the zucchini loaf - knew you would;) The blintz loaf is NOT a cake, though it sure tastes like one, it's actually considered a dairy dish and can be used as a main dish or side dish. Actually, ELI and I aren't legally married though most people think we are and I don't correct them when I'm refered to as his wife or he as my husband-after 10 years it sure feels like it! Please let us know how DD's first day of Kindergarten went-did you cry??? Girl, come MICHAEL'S graduation, I'm going to be bawling like a baby, just imagine when I have to take him to college:cry:

Okay, I can't believe it's after 11am already! I haven't had a bite to eat yet. Going to go have something before I die of starvation - yeah, right, like THAT would ever happen!:rolleyes:

Will check in later!

Toodles

Deb

angehaley 08-25-2003 12:07 PM

MM Monday!!

Ok, here goes….
My first attempt at posting a reply from cut & paste out of word….!!!
As promised…. I weighed in this am ---- at 152!!!!! Don’t know weather to be happy of frustrated….. I am down three from last week… but two days ago I was 151.…….. I gotta get an electric scale… (MY scale - a SALTON - is never the same…. It has this little dial on the bottom of it… to be able to ZERO it out… but still, never seems to get right on… even this am… I got out my 6 lb weight and put it on…. One time it weighed in at 4 one time at 5 one time at 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARG!!!!!!!!!(NOT GOOD FOR THE DIETER……….) I looked at them this weekend… but didn’t buy… Hubby (who is doing Atkins…) said NO because he would be upset if new scale showed him higher than current one did…. HA.AH.HA.HA…… Does anyone else have a vain hubby!!! gotta love it… anyway, gonna go back and get it!!!!!!!!!! We finally got some rain last night…… A wonderful soaking rain - but only for about an hour…. We will take all we can get!!!!! I think I actually heard the sidewalk sizzling!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone had a great OP weekend……

BEACH - Great MM!!! Congrats on the ONE POUND….. WOOO HOOO FOR YOU!!!!!!!

TONI - Thanks for the yummy soup recipe.. Will have to try that one…as I love beans… may try it with black beans…. And cilantro!!!!!!!!! Yum….. Don’t let the gain get you down… I will be off before you know it…. Do you eat lots of salt…? I have found that I have to watch my intake… esp around TOM!!

JACK-K!!! You are an AWSOME MOM…. There will be more boat trips!!!! Wow on the grocery bill….but I seem to remember that first trip to be very high…!!! All those staples add up quickly!!! L Good for you and DH to get on the ball… That is what I am gearing up to do as well… I checked out fit day this am… and have to agree with you…. Too confusing on finding the exact thing you ate for the food!!!

WOODFROG… GOOD FOR YOU TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR SLIDE AND GET BACK ON THE WAGON-------- who can resist fair food…. Yummy….! Cool henna tattoo… what is it of.. And where did you get it??

DEB - My gosh… when do the kids start school….? Or do you have to travel a ways to their school??? WTG on the walk!!!!!!! I bet you feel awesome for getting back out there…. Even though you had a snag in your plans!!! WTG!! BTW.... Thanks again for the help on my stats... I still need to get a book of cal-carb-protein and a journal... but I can see myself... finding a menu for a day that fits what I am supposed to eat (calorie wise) and eating the same thing everyday... as to not have to figure out what to eat to get the #'s right.... still can't find those pot pies you like...!! :(

PANCHO - WOW - That is awesome that you are staying at the same weight…. At your TOM!!!! WTG!!! So, did you cry at taking DD to school… I can only imagine myself when that time comes for me…. I am sooo emotional!!! J I am gonna have to try the zucchini cake… everyone seems to love it…
I made the low GI no bake CHOCOLATE cookies on the recipe board and they are SOOOOO YUMMYY!!!!!!! That board can get you into trouble……

ps..... the cut & paste posting ROCKS...... VERY EASY AND FAST!!! :smug: Thanks to monet (I think it was you... sorry still getting to know everyone...) for the hint!!!!

here is my MM contribution!!!
:D NO task is overwhelming if you take it one step at a time!!!
;) Shun idleness
:dizzy: Shake up your daily routine
:cool: Do not be afraid to let things inspire you
:p Look inside yourself for the strength to continue

- all from a little book I have - 8789 words of wisdom!!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday... and week!!!
Don't forget to STAY OP
ange.

Solly 08-25-2003 12:20 PM

Getting ready to go out to our jobsite so I probably won't get back on here so thught I would catch up before it's gets too much.

My carbs today come from:
2 pcs sgww bread (not sure how many carbs in them)
yogurt - 17 carbs
dab of peanuts - 3 carbs
I never pay attention to the amount of carbs I consume, just the starchy carbs.
Will have some more with dinner, the mushrooms and peppers on my sish kobob (sp)

Woodfrogs, my DH wants a barbed wire tatoo, but he is a chicken, so everythime we go somewhere that has the henna ones he says on the last day he will get one of those, but never will spend the money. Good wy to find out if you want the real thing I guess.

Deb, I'm so glad yu are getting back into your walking. It will help you in more ways than just wt. loss. Hope it wasn't too painful. Glad they figured out the glasses problem.

Pancho, good luck on getting your DD in kindergartern w/o tears. I'm sure they willbe flowing once you get in the car. Guess what, it starts all over when they go to college. I think I get teary eyed everytime she comes home and leaves.

Anglehaley, keep the old scale for Dh to use and you use the new one. I always weight 3 times, the first one is never right. I think my problem with Fitday is I don't have alot of time to fool around with it. One day though. Congrats on those 3 lbs. The scale and body can be so fickle from one day to the next.

Have a great OP day.

Jackie

Ellen 08-25-2003 12:58 PM

A quick post from Monet...bet you all are getting annoyed with my quick posts all the time! :) If so, sorry! Just get over it! haha!

I heard whispers of a WIM, so I just got home and hopped on the scale. Down two, even after working this morning! I was glad to see that! Now I am back to my all time low. Woo hoo! Next pound will be new ground!

I have to pick up my daughter from work in a bit. (she is a cake decorator at the same store I work at) Her car is in the shop, and her husband is taking his car over for some work so mom was elected to give her a ride. A bit later, I am going to go up to the doctor's office with my co-worker, who had chest pains last Monday. She is nervous, since they called her and told her Friday evening that she needed to make an appointment ASAP. I have my ideas...I am almost willing to bet he has found she has insulin problems and thyroid problems. If he puts her on SB, like he does a lot of his patients, I will be right there to encourage her! ;)

So, I need to go eat something. Will be back later!

:wave:

Debelli 08-25-2003 01:22 PM

Just a quickie to catch up before I hit the shower...

ANGE, you just CAN'T let yourself get all bothered by small fluctuations in the scale, whether the scale itself is a good one or not. It happens, it could be for so many reasons and NONE that have to do with an actual gain of fat. Stay strong and it will go right back down just as it has gone up, I promise! My kids start school at 7:30am and I drive them each and every day - one of the reasons they've never been late OR abscent in their lives:D Luckily, both kids are in the same school. They go to a MEGA MAGNET school. It's a public school but it has kids from all over the county at it, so it's not a school that's close. I'm about a 15 minute ride without traffic, some kids live REALLY far away, like 20 miles:eek: It's one of those schools that parents just die for their kids to get in to, and I'm lucky enough that both kids got in, different magnets, same school at least! Really, no need for a book, it can all be found on the computer-just buy a journal. I can spout off foods I know the nutritional information to by heart and I keep a list of fruits and their serving sizes pasted in the back for easy reference. It's not that hard.

JACKK, not that painful, though it was a little more promident about a half-mile from the house, so not too bad. Now that they figured out the problem with the glasses I have to go back to the other place and hopefully not have to fight with them to fix them correctly. Are you eating plain yogurt, flavored already, or do you mix in your own goodies?

MONET, hope everything is okay with your DM, let us know. Good job on being down to your all time low again - looking forward to hearing you boast joyfully when you hit that new all-time low:spin:

Will run to the library before I get the kids from school, probably the grocery store too. May try to make spinach quiche for dinner tonight, took the frozen spinach out so now I have to make something with it!!!!;)

Toodles

Deb

angehaley 08-25-2003 01:38 PM

NEED THE INFO

Once again, I need some constructive criticism on a new product I found!!!!! I did not see it listed on Debbies favorite chocolates list....so, a little wary!!!!:p

It is sooo very yummy.... That I am a little scared to get your responses. :?:
Here goes......
Doctor's CarbRite Diet SugarFree Bar (for the carb conscious dieters)
White Chocolate - with no artificial sweeteners (I think they also have a milk choc - but didn't see a dark choc)
serving size one square - 12 per bar
calories 32
fat cal 21
total fat 2.5
sat fat 1
total carb 4
sugars 0
malitotol 4
ingred - maltitol, cocoa butter, calcium carbonate, milkfat, polydextrose, calcium caseinae, soya lecithin, white kidney bean (very interesting....) and white choc flavors...

THIS BAR TASTES LIKE THE REAL THING..... VERY YUMMY....

ok, I have done it... put the info out in the open... now I will close my eyes... wait for responses..... and PRAY!!!!!!! :s:

ange.

Teensybean 08-25-2003 02:23 PM

Good Morning everyone!! I feel so good being able to say that. Usually I don't get on here until late evening. Hubbie left early this morning to go work for a friend of ours, so I got up and exercised and am now doing laundry....mostly bedding.

It is looking like a beautiful day here. The sun is shining, but it isn't too hot yet. Want to get my little girl out for her first walk to day.

A few replies;

Beach-- Way to go on the loss! I keep Sunday as our ice cream night, but our is the Blue Bunny NSA of course. Dh has a tendency of having it more than once a week, especially now with Bill being home!!

Toni-- It is probably just fluid, so drink lots of water today and try and flush it out. That recipe sounds really good. I am copying it now. Thanks for sharing it with us. I got the sauerkraut recipe.... thank you so much, we are going to try it!! Do you think it would work with Splenda instead of sugar?

Jack-k-- Sorry things didn't go so well this weekend. Sounds like you are ready to commit again. Hop back up here and off we go!! Fitday isn't all that confusing. If you have a brand that you want to enter hit the custom food button, then you can add the name, serving and all the nutritional info. And it will keep a record of these foods in alphabetical order. Recent foods is for the foods that you have entered in the last 24 hours. My breakfasts are usually pretty much the same so I just hit this button every morning, and select what I want to add to todays. The search is for their list of foods. If I can help you in any other way just let me know. I journal M-F on fitday, and usually just write down what I have on the weekends. I don't have my scales with me on Saturdays for our family pot lucks, so I don't enter on fitday. Sundays, is my day for regular breakfast......bacon, eggs and WW toast. I also take Sunday as my higher fat,( ie... the bacon and eggs breakfast) and lower carb day if I chose.

Wood-- I love county fairs. There are usually so many cool arts and crafts. Hop back on the wagon now and you will be okay. Congrats on the tat!

Deb-- Thanks for the flour info. I will make it a point to get there again today and finish reading it. Congrats on the walking again. I have got my female basset on some weight reduction food from the Vets now, and am going to start her walking again. She can't go too far, as she is old, but I think any little thing will help her.

Monet-- We are happy to hear from you anytime, quick or not!! Congrats on being back to the ALL TIME LOW!! Way to go girl!! Next weigh in.....new numbers!!

Ange-- Just be careful of the maltitol..... it is a sugar alcohol.....it can have a laxitive effect if you over do. And each person is different. Dh can't eat it at all. Old iron stomach here, hasn't really had too much trouble with it except for occasional gas!! Wish it would affect me like dh, then I would leave it alone!!

Well, I am off to put the clothes in the drier. Back this evening!!

Solly 08-25-2003 02:57 PM

had a minute so thought I would catch up a bit....

Monet, congrats on reaching that new low. Hope you never see those other numbers again.

Deb, I buy Kroger lite yogurt. it is flavored, but I think it is legal. I have just discovered adding cheerios to it for some crunch. What is this cooking days in a row? what has gotten into you?

Teensy, thanks for the hlep with fitday. As soon as I am not working at both jobs I will try to get on there.

Jackie

Toni48 08-25-2003 04:47 PM

Good afternoon everyone, just thought I'd pop in and catch up.

Jack-K- You were right I got back on the scales and they said I'd lost two of those pounds. Jack-K you can buckle down my DH and I are really trying.

woodfrogs- Did you take a picture of your henna tatto? Would love to see it. Glad you had a nice time at the fair.

Debelli- Can't believe you walked all that way with your poor toe taped up. You did so goooooood. Congradulations..

Angehaley- Thank you for the site address. I went over there today and played around with it...The Big Orange Babe has a recipe for the most wonderful Killer black bean soup. You'd love it. If its not in the recipe section let one of know.

Pancho- How did your daughter do at kindergarden? And how did you do? I've also got a bunch on e-bay. I've got to stop it for awhile to. Yes fitaday is so confusing and takes so long don't think I'll stick with it. I had my gall bladder removed a couple of years ago. And I used to get kind of a stabbing pain right where you said yours was. Then on the last I started having a queasy stomach everyday.

Monet- Way to go gal on the two pounds... Its nice your co worker has you to help her if she has to go on SB.

Teensybean- I don't know if it will work with splenda but wouldn't that be wonderful if it does. Are you going to try it with it? I really don't know why it wouldn't... I want to make some when cabbage starts getting cheap.

Okay time for DH to get home from work so will go check what I'm making for dinner which I think will be leftover lasagna.....

heartmom 08-25-2003 05:14 PM

Today, I'm back on track with my eating. Here's the ironic part- I stepped on the scale just knowing it would be up a minimal of 2 pounds, and it was actually DOWN a pound! It will probably be up tomorrow. Anyway, I don't count carbs except starchy ones. So far, I've had 1/2 cantaloupe, nsa yogurt, tuna fish salad(mayo, 1egg, little relish, onion) and 1 piece of low carb bread. I'm fixing to eat a peach and maybe another yogurt- my stomach is growling. Supper is going to be steak, salad, and a sweet potato.
I did my 3 mile tape today, and for some reason I got really hot this time. It's been more than an hour since I finished, and I'm still bright red in the face.

DEB- I told hubby you called him a hunk--he just laughed and was like, yea right. It was a good picture of him;) - and thanks for the compliment towards me. One day I'll get around to taking a pic of me with my hair and makeup actually fixed. I keep saying that we need a family photo but I want to put it off until I reach goal weight, but at this rate, who knows when that will be.

kittywillow 08-25-2003 05:29 PM

thanks

first i want to thank all of you who helped put me on the right track. Hope this is right.... 2 questions the new sourdough burger at hardees is it legal / if not can you put it on whole wheat bun ?? what about the subways or they legal ?? :) :^:

Libra925 08-25-2003 05:46 PM

Hello, everyone. I just now had a chance to look at today's posts. I have to leave work in a few minutes so this will be short.

Debbie - my birthday is three days after my anniversary was. My ex forgot BOTH of them three years in a row!! By the third year, it got to be funny to me wondering if he would remember. I think the fourth year our children were finally old enough to remind him.

Pancho - I had my gall bladder removed 11 years ago. My main symptom was feeling like a stave from a barrel had been placed around my chest and was being tightened. Hurt like heck!!! Fortunately, I was able to schedule my surgery for a time when I was not having an attack and they were able to do it with a laparascope. It's easier on your body if you aren't in the middle of an attack when the surgery is being done. My surgery was out-patient and I felt almost 100% after a week as opposed to 4 weeks the old fashioned way.

Toni - I can't wait to try your soup recipe. It sounds wonderful!

I'm really excited. I took several large bags of items to Goodwill today. I'm going through some more things tonight to be moved to my newly rented storage room. It's the pits to try and put 35 years of stuff into a two room apartment. Putting these "things" in order adds incentive to me putting myself in order. I guess that is my MM - more order in my life enabling me to be more orderly with my WOE. Does that make sense? I guess it's a control issue. If my outer life is under control, then my inner life will be more easily controlled.

Oh, well, the old clock on the wall says I can go home now. Have a great evening everyone.

Marilyn

Pancho 08-25-2003 06:08 PM

Good afternoon:

I did survive my daughter's first day of Kindergarten, but it was only a half day orientation, and I was actually on campus the entire time. Tomorrow will be the true test, actually driving away with her there!

So far today:

1 1/2 slices of zucchini loaf cake
Yogurt with flax seed meal
cantaloupe
1/2 pita with chicken salad & lettuce
Getting hungry, so will probably have some triscuits with laughing cow cheese. Tonight is the night that I am going to make CountryMom's lasagne, and will have a salad with it.

Deb: I don't go to Curves, but have known several who have. From what they tell me, after a while they do not feel that they are challenged enough. I believe you have far less options than at a gym with a lot of equipment and classes. I know a few of our members here go, and can probably give you more positive feedback, since this is all heresay. My pain is more of a ripping/tearing sensation; I was just in for my physical too, and it hadn't happened at that time. I will keep an eye on it, and probably make another appt. soon. Let me know if you get in touch with Jenn; tell her I send warm wishes her way. I haven't really looked at the Blintz loaf recipe yet, just took your word for it, and printed it out for later. Did Eli ever remember your special day? Is it the day you met, moved in together, made a commitment???? Good job getting that walk in today!!

angehaley: I used to have one of those scales; it drove me crazy. Tell your husband that he can use that one, and you want a new one that will give you an accurate reading (ha). I haven't tried the no bake chocolate cookies yet; but I will have to. As far as the candy bars you mentioned; I have seen them, and the first ingredient is maltitol, which is a sugar alcohol, and has a laxative affect for many. I don't eat that stuff anymore since on SB, you are allowed to have "REAL" chocolate, as long as it is 60% pure cocoa content. I get the 77% cocoa content, and I LOVE it. As far as legal, Deb could probably tell you better than I could. If it doesn't have sugar, it is probably o.k., but in moderation. Do you have any stores like Trader Joes, Wild Oats, Sprouts in your area? If so, that is where I find my candy bars. I actually need to pick up a few more.

Monet: CONGRATS ON YOUR ALL-TIME LOW; I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT YOU BREAKING THAT ALL-TIME LOW.

Toni: Thanks for the info. on your gallbladder. I probably need to have it checked out. I had an ultrasound of it done almost two years ago, due to IBS type symptoms and it was alright. Oh well, we'll see.

Libra: Thanks for the info. on the gallbladder. I guess it is more common than anyone would suspect. I don't get these often, and I wouldn't even call them attacks. It happens and is extremely painful for a few minutes and then is gone as quickly as it came.

Well, I better get going and get a few things done around here.

OH, I FORGOT TO TELL YOU ALL: I am meeting with a nutritionist at a place called "Heaven Can Wait" tomorrow at 1:00 p.m. I have done so much reading and have put myself on certain supplements over the past year. I need to have someone to sit down and talk to about what I am taking that I don't need to be,as well as what I should be taking that I am not. My regular MD thinks anything other than a multi-vitamin is a waste of money, but that is because he is used to fixing things once they are broken -vs- maintaining to make sure it doesn't break in the first place. I will let you all know what he has to say sometime tomorrow or Wednesday. He only charges $40 for 1 hour. He seems to be very qualified too. Wish me luck!!!

See ya!

Toni48 08-25-2003 06:55 PM

Howdy Heartmom- Hows Boogie doing?

Willow- Its good to see you posting again. I know you can't have subway but I don't know about Hardy's.

Libra- Sounds like you were really busy. I know when I'm working on my weight the other things in my life get in control too.

Pancho- That would be great to meet with a nutritionist and hear their opinion. Can't wait to hear what he saids. That sure doesn't sound like allot. My heart doctor is the same about any vitamin or mineral. Good luck with your daughter tomorrow...

Debelli 08-25-2003 07:24 PM

Evening All:wave:

Whew! What an afternoon! I got one of those massive headaches:headache: I get from time-to-time, not sure if it was hormonal from TOM being over or from the heat this morning, or even could of been a combo, but it sure was a doozie! I felt it coming on earlier in the afternoon but thought it was just a mild headache but by the time I went to get the kids it was getting worse. Took some 222's (love those things) but ended up barfing them up, nothing like the taste of THAT:yikes: then finally passed out in bed:tired: til I woke up feeling fine once again. Took a shower and feel human now.

Kids both had a good day at school though MICHAEL needs a schedule change - seems lots of kids in IB do, so he's not alone. LAUREN loves all her teachers and is happy with her schedule.

I haven't eaten much today, just 5.5 ounces of cactus pears and a pot pie, going to take it light this evening and not really that hungry yet but getting there.

Going to get in some replies before the usual call of "I NEED THE COMPUTER" gets yelled at me:)

ANGE, I really don't recommend the fake chocolates, esp. when you are new to SB. It really seems to get people in trouble, sometimes in more ways than one, if you get my drift. If chocolate is a trigger food for you that's even more of a reason to stay away from it. If you REALLY need chocolate, go for the real stuff which I know you can find at the big HFS in your area. Would you believe, I need to update that chocolate list of mine and ADD to it? Oh, about the bean being in the bar - interesting, as if you read what I posted last week about the starch blockers, they are made with white kidney beans!

TEENSY, I think that's great that you'll be getting out with the dog - she may surprise you and go farther than you think and both of you will benefit. I think they are such cute dogs - I have a glass pin of a BH that is so cute:)

JACKK, forget the cooking days in a row, not going to happen tonight, sure not in the mood. Definitely tomorrow though. I think I'm going to make this Ricotta and Spinach Pie recipe that I found - sounds good and easy. How about some Fiber One in the yogurt for crunch? I'm loving the yogurt with the PB flour mixed in it, it's sooooo yummy!

TONI, I guess I'm a gluten for punishment with walking with my toe but it seems that it's not going to get better all of a sudden, overnight so better I take that pain than the pain of seeing the scale going up!

HEART, glad to hear you are down rather than up!! DId you drink enough water when you did your tape? Is it hot out today? Be careful! Oh, I just BET DH loved hearing that I called him a hunk - paleese, what man wouldn't, esp. if it wasn't from his wife! Looking forward to seeing a pic of you one day, all decked out and gussied up!:) I never have gotten a family pic - you've given me an idea that I should take one with the kids before the year is gone.

WILLOW, the sourdough bread there may not be a true sourdough I suspect, but really not sure. You are not going to find a true ww bread at many places. What is more a problem with the breads is the amount. Like, for SUBWAY, which doesn't have a true whole grain bread, the amount of bread is equivalent to a few slices of bread. You could do worse, so if you need to go there and can't make something from home, just do your best, but I wouldn't eat that on a regular basis. Do keep in mind that when you combine a low GI food with a high one it brings it to a moderate level. If you asked me if I'd eat it, the answer would be no:nono:

LIBRA, hmmm, is that one of the reasons you aren't married, he forgot about the anniversary AND your bday? ELI better be careful!!!! It's not like he's forgotten, he just didn't remember the exact date so each day he comes home it's like he's fishing and trying to find out. I just thought he'd of planned something special:shrug: Your motivation makes sense - my house is chaotic and so if my life, one reflects the other, so it seems. I remember my GB attacks as you do yours - felt like you were having a heart attack, like someone was trying to rip your heart out of your chest!

PANCHO, I've heard the same from other posts I've read about CURVES on the computer, so I guess what you are saying is true. I'm going to look in at a place called PORKY'S. I just don't like that place because people can look in the window and watch you. It's open 24 hours and lots of policemen go there. There's other places for women only but they stink. My DM is willing to pay for LAUREN to join, maybe she'll do the same for me:) Read what I posted above to LIBRA about ELI - nope, not the day we met, didn't actually verbally make a commitment, sorta commited with something else, if you get my drift:s: Let us know if the nutritionist has anything interesting to say.

Okay, I heard that "calling" for the computer and now I have to get off - at least they let me get caught up.

Will check in tomorrow morning - have the day to myself and DM will be coming over.

Toodles

Deb

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 08-25-2003 07:26 PM

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!! :wave:

My day started out with Skeeter thinking that he was an artist!!!
As I said before, he's not been feeling well, and had an accident
this morning in the living room....THEN took his tail and painted POOP all over the place!!!!
That's not what I needed at daybreak!!!!

LAURIE....The kids are growing!!! Such cuties, and I agree with Deb....HUBBY IS A HUNK!! So glad to hear that Boogie was ok.
I know you're relieved!

DEB...CAREFUL....it's been a while since you've taken a run....GO SLOW!!!! Babysitter???? I'll keep that in mind since I just found out that MY NEPHEW AND HIS WIFE ARE PREGNANT!!!!!
I'm so excited..a baby in town to spoil!!!! She's due on St Patricks Day!!!!

HEARD FROM SUSAN....she's been REALLY BUSY and didn't have a chance to get on the board last week, but is hoping that this week will be different!!!

JACKIE...sorry about your boat ride...Does DD live in a dorm or apartment? That's a lot of food for one of those little dorm fridges!

OH>>>MY>>>>GAWD!!!! Gotta run...Skeeter is at it again!!!!
PLEASE everyone cross your fingers that he's better before the car ride!!!!

I'll be back to talk to the rest of you!!

BOB

fruitloupe 08-25-2003 08:30 PM

Hello Everyone!

Just reporting in to say that those french fries the other day have not steered me off course. I've gotten right back on plan! woo hoo!

I went to my fertility specialist today to schedule my next endometriosis surgery (the 3rd one!) So, I'm going under the knife on November 21st - the Friday before we are out for our Thanksgiving break. That gives me a week to recoup. One good thing about my case of endo. is that it is never bad. It just tends to attach itself to places that cause me a great deal of pain. Last year it was removed from the ligament on the left side of my back and now it is on the right side. That may be the only spot in there but it hurts like ****! While she is in there she is going to do a HSG test and do some of the Expensive blood work to test to see if I'm a gene carrier for the cromosome abnormality that the baby had in my last miscarriage/pregnancy. They also have to do that same test on my hubby. She also wants to test further for the antiphospholipid antibodies that I have - something like that. So, in other words, lots of money will come out of this surgery!

On a good note - I'm officially 9 pounds less than last Monday. I'm very happy about that.

I found out today that another friend at work is pregnant. So, needless to say - I cried all morning. Also, because of all of the depression, my DR. gave me Zoloft - anyone on that or ever was? Does it make you EAT? I certainly don't want that!

DEB: Sorry I missed your call yesterday - we will hook up soon!

Well, lemme go be depressed...sorry I'm such a bummer - I'm just at the end of my rope with the pregnancies at school, etc. But, the good thing is - I DIDN'T EAT anything bad today because of it!

See y'all tomorrow

Missy
286/274/170

Ellen 08-25-2003 08:59 PM

Monday Evening

I got in late from the doctor visit with my co-worker. Just as I suspected, she has insulin problems, and he put her on Sugarbusters! I loaned her my book, shopping guide and gave her the address for her. I hope she gets on here! The doctor, as usual, was in rare form. He pulled his stepping on the scale while weighing her, tried to tell her she had syphilis. Her jaw dropped. He harrassed me, told her he was ignoring me because I was family! He is such a hoot!

When I got home, my daughter and son in law were over. I got the SIL to fix some salmon for Tom for dinner. I had a couple deviled eggs, and some yogurt. I just did not feel like eating tonight. The salmon turned out really well, and Tom was happy again after eating! ;)

I took a dip in the pool, and just got dried off. It was cold tonight! Especially as the sun went down! I was shivering when I came in. It was kind of nice!

I had my three month review today. It went pretty well. I would have liked a higher score, but the assistant manager who did the review is like my adopted daughter, was in my daughters wedding, etc. I feel sure she felt like she had to be hard on me so no one could claim she was playing favorites. My overall rating was very good, so I think she did fine! :D

I work again tomorrow, so I am going to hit the pillow early tonight. Hope all is well with everyone!

:write: Enough from me....Good night!

GatorGal 08-25-2003 10:28 PM

I'm baaaack.
Yesterday was our 40th wedding anniversary and we went away for the weekend. Actually, we just went to one of the swanky hotels in the south part of town, near the attractions. It was great. On the way to the hotel my DH took me to the high class mall that opened recently--the one with Macy's, Nieman Marcus, etc. and bought me a sexy nightgown. So---we had a nice time this weekend. :o

We got home about 2 Sunday and then went out again to our small group at 5:30. I went with a friend to St. Augustine today and so am now just getting on the board. I start my French class tomorrow and know I will be pretty busy from now on. I hope I am not biting off more than I can "chew."

Monet--Congratulations on the loss. Good luck on continued success. I am staying the same even with the carnitine. I don't know if I need to count calories again. I just HATE to do that. My new doctor doesn't seem to think I should have to. I'll see her in a few weeks and will discuss it again with her.

Gotta go. It's late and I still have to clean up the kitchen and fold clothes

heartmom 08-25-2003 10:57 PM

Fruit- 9 pounds? That's great!

Gator- your pic didn't look like you're old enough to have been married 40 years! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Yes, the kids are growing like crazy. Ashley is now 7, in the 2nd grade, and weighs 62 pounds(she's tall). Boogie has grown alot since his last surgery in Oct. He weighed 23 pounds in Oct. and now he weighs 30. He's still small for his age(3). He wears 12-18 months shorts and will probably wear them again next year. He has no butt at all. His shirts though, are size 24 months and 2T. He has an old man figure,lol. Anyway, I'm trying to make myself tired by playing on the computer. Oh, I didn't eat a snack earlier like I said I was. I should have because by the time supper got ready, I was starving. I ate 2 steaks! But I think I did okay for the day. Guess I'll find out in the morning. Well, goodnight all...

sef 08-25-2003 11:57 PM

HiedieHo All!

Was off, out and about yesterday. So didn't get on the computer. Today I went to the nursing home, shopping, worked on a project etc. It seemed quiet here somehow; GD is at college, DIL at work and DS is away on business trip. So not much to do supper-wise.

COUNTRY: WOW! That's a lot of walking! I'm sure we are all impressed, Good for you.

DEB: MY Dh couldn't remember our anniversary either and had a problem with my bday. He said it was because DS was born day before my bday and he couldn't remember which date was mine! Of course getting things ready for a party for DS each year helped him. But I knew he loved me!

TEENSY: You bring back memories. I was a canning and freezing fool! Loved doing it even though it could be hard work. We always made our own sauerkraut. We didn't have a place cool enough for the crock method. Tried it once and it spoiled. We made it in quart mason jars with the zinc lids and rubber gaskets! We would make 50 qts! One time did 75! We made so much since friends would want a jar or two. If you'd like I could e-mail the recipe to you if you send me your address.

MISSY: Great loss! Guess now that GD is at LSU I better become a fan and keep track of things!

I have the trots have to go. Will finish tomorrow.

My MM:
I Believe.......

I believe that we don't have to change friends if we understand that friends change.

I believe that no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you
every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

I believe that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.

I believe that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.

I believe that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I believe that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.

I believe that you can keep going long after you think you can't.

I believe that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I believe that either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I believe that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place.

I believe that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.

I believe that money is a lousy way of keeping score, it does not matter who has more

I believe that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.

I believe that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you're down, will be the ones to help you get back up.

I believe that sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry,
but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

I believe that just because someone doesn't love you the way you want
them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

I believe that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences
you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

I believe that it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

I believe that no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.

I believe that our background and circumstances may have influenced
who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

I believe that just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they
don't love each other And just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.

I believe that you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life forever.

I believe that two people can look at the exact same thing and see
something totally different.

I believe that your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people
who don't even know you.

I believe that even when you think you have no more to give, when a
friend cries out to you will find the strength to help.

I believe that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human
being.

I believe that the people you care about most in life are taken from you
too soon. So remember to let them know you care.

Take care, Shirley

The Quilter 08-26-2003 07:05 AM

Tuesday Morning---

Here's a quickie to let you all know I am here, just not able to post. I am finishing up our Altrusa yearbook and it has to be done by tomorrow night's meeting. So I've been swamped with that. Every dang time I proofread it, I find something else to change. Yes, the answer is to STOP proofreading.

My stomach has been in knots and just not doing well for the past couple of days. I hate this. When it gets like this, the only thing that sounds good is soda crackers or pretzels. So needless to say, I've had way too many starchy carbs and the wrong ones to boot! I'm sure I'll have a poopy weigh in tonight at WW.

BOB---Sorry to hear about Skeeter's latest digestive woes. I hope he gets back on track sooner than later. Are you feeding him rice and chicken? That will get rid of the diarrhea. Also a piece of Pepto Bismal has also been suggested to me for when Maddie gets her system out of wack.

I'd better go. I need to get to work earlly to take care of some non-work stuff. Thank goodness I have an understanding boss who wants me to be in Altrusa and likes what that club does.

Take care. I doubt if I'll make it to chat tonight. I miss you all!!!

Kim

Toni48 08-26-2003 08:14 AM

Good morning everyone. Just got DH off to work and walked on my TM. Got on my scaled this morning and it said I weighed 816. Yep thats right!!! It has a tiny little round battery and its out so I'll have to wait till the end of the week and get one at Wal Mart. Dang!! I know this tiny town won't haven't one. Oh well when I get it back up and running maybe I'll have a nice loss...And maybe that weigh in yesterday wasn't right.

Debelli- Sorry you had such an awful headache but its good you were able to lay down and get rid of it. Hope you rested up good last evening. Wonder if you're out doing your walk?! And what in the heck is PB flour? Remember I'm out in the sticks and have to be kept up on these things....

Bob- Oh my goodness poor skeeter, I hate when my dog is sick. Hope he stopped after that last blast...I give my boston terrier pepto bismo. A Tablespoon.

fruitloupe- I'm so sorry you're depressed and having such a bad time. Bless your heart Missy you're really having it rough. I'm sure the Zoloft will help. My sis took it and it didn't cause weight gain and really helped her. And now days we all need a little help now and then. I just know things are going to work out for you. Wow 9 lbs. what a wonderful loss. I'll do the happy dance for you and when things get better we'll do it together.

Monet- Congradulations on your good review. Thats great!!!! Yum SIL needs to cook me salmon. Your doctor sounds so neat. The kind I'd like to have. I hope your friend comes on here and joins our family and does well. Its so good she has you, wouldn't we all have liked to start out with someone helping us along the way. I sure would have liked to have a buddy to answer so many questions. Its just great this board was here...

GatorGal- Happy 40th anniversery.... What a wonderful thing to do to celebrate.

heartmom- Wow 2 steaks!!! You were hungry!!!! LOL.... Its so good the kids are doing fine. And to hear you're okay too....

Sef- Loved your I BELIEVE..... Hope the trots are over with now. Sounds like your day was running running and still running.

The Quilter- Don't get to tired today! You're just like a little world wind!

Well I'll off for now but will check back in later..... Have a good SB day..

Solly 08-26-2003 08:31 AM

Good Tueday Morning.

I'm ready for a nap and it's only 8:30. Got up at 5:15 and convinced myself to walk. Now I'm dragging.

Did get 3 miels in last night and my wt training. Hopefully I can do that all week.

I'm a day late with this MM tip but I thought it held true for us SB:

Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve our condition.

Now to catch up..

Toni, yes we can do this. It's good to have D doing this along with you. I tell mine he is my policeman. Don't let me eat anything I'm not supposed to. Wow, that's what I call a big gain! Better get that battery quick!

Heartmom, glad you are back on track. Come on think positive, maybe you'll be down a pound.

Willow, subway breads are not legal. But they will make a salad for you. The surdough burger, probably not real sourdough, but maybe in a pinch would be the lesser of two evils. I ate BK's once but only ate 1 pc of the bread.

Libra, It is such a good feeling to get things in order. You feel like you have accomplished something.

Pancho, Hope your pain gets better soon or at least you find out the problem. I have been having a tightening around my chest, thought it was chest pains, but after all your responses, maybe it is my gallbladder acting up. Interesting. Good luck with the nutrionist. It will be interesting to find out what he says. My DH is a big vitamin taker. About 12 different ones a day.

Deb, glad that headache passed w/o too much pain. I knew you would find an excuse not to cook. :lol: Fiber one in my cereal would probably be a good idea as I don't get enough fiber. The girl here at work goes to Curves and loves it. Her 10 year old daughter goes also.

Bob, poor Skeeter. Hope this passes quickly. Maybe he is nervous about the trip. DD ives in a condo with 2 other girls. One of the girls' mom bought it and is renting it to them. Very nice.

Fruit, Good for you getting right back on track. That is the key. Congrats on the 9 lbs. and not eating during your depression. Don't let a little indescretion turn into a full binge. You are doing so great. I hate that you will have yet another surgery. My DD has endo and she has had one surgery and is still in pain every month. I hate to think this is going to be soemthing she has to do more than once. Count your blessings when you feel down about someone being preg. I know it's tough on you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Monet, glad you did well in your review. Can't imagine you not scoring off the chart as sweet as you are and such a hard worker. Funny how men can be happy just from a meal!

Gator, happy anniversary. 40 years is something to be proud of. Sounds like Dh is very happy too if he is shopping for a new nighty for you. How fun. Good luck with your french class.

Sef, as ususal you are one busylady. Loved the MM.

Kim, I was looking for you on the exercise board. Hope your stomach feels better soon.

Going to be a busy day. Will be out of the office a lot today. Hope to get back on later.

Have a great OP Day!

Jackie

Debelli 08-26-2003 09:26 AM

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone:wave:

Well, I sure won't be getting heat-stroke today! I went out for my walk this morning and got caught in a torrential downpour, to the point many areas of the streets got flooded.:rain: I had an emergency poncho with me, didn't help much though, by the time I got that sucker open, I was wet, but at least it kept my Walkman dry:D Got in my 4.5 miles - I think I'm going to give myself a clap:clap:

I saw a post on one of our other boards that ticked me off this early in the morning and would like for you all to see it, just click below:

POST ON OTHER BOARD

Any comments? You KNOW this really had to irk me for me to write that! And I was being nice too;)

My DM is coming over and we're going to run around a few places today, so I have to make this a tad quick so I can get ready...geez, now it's storming again, lightening and thundering. I should shut down the computer, but then I'd never get caught up!

BOB, sorry to hear about poor SKEETER, but as I understand it, he's like PRINCE, aka THE ARTIST FORMELY KNOWN AS PRINCE. See, as I heard it from SKEETER, he's been bored being just a dog and now he wants to be known as a soon to be famous artist,
POOP-CASO!!!!!!
:lol: I've been laughing all morning, ever since I thought of that!!! Told the kids and MICHAEL said it was a good one!!!:lol: Congrats to the addition to the family to come - boy-oh-girl, that kid doesn't know the spoiling he's/she's going to get with you around!

FRUIT, you're doing so well, glad to hear that!:D Sorry I missed you too, will definitely try, try again! I'm sorry you are feeling so down, I have told you how I've felt many times and I know there are brighter days ahead for you. As for the Zoloft, no idea about the side-effects-should be able to find info on the web though.

MONET, hope your friend decides to join us - that's great to have someone you can help too! Please tell her not to be a stranger. Good going on the review - I'm sure she would of probably given you a higher marking if you weren't such good friends.

GATOR, sounds like you had a really nice weekend, CONGRATS on 40 YEARS!! Good luck with your French classes this year.

HEART :wave:

SEF, I know he loves me, but it would be nice to know on that special day. At least I know I'm not alone!

QUILTER, girl, I've missed you! Hope you find some free time soon. Good luck at WW!!! Let us know!

TONI, PB FLOUR is peanut butter flour! It's wonderful. It's partially defatted and you just mix in a little water and a tad of salt and viola, you got PB that has only 33 calories a tbl and I think 2.5 grams of fat. It's in a huge can and well worth the price! I got it from a place that sells dehydrated foods.

JACKK, good for you for getting out and walking, even if you are dragging now. Just an ounce of Fiber One gives you 14 grams of fiber! You def. should get some. Tonight, I plan on cooking but no one is going to be home - maybe I should wait;)

Okay, gotta run - will get back on later today.

{{{HUGS}}}:grouphug:

Debbie

Debelli 08-26-2003 09:46 AM

My TUESDAY TIP contribution:

SHAPE UP
Calorie claims stretch truth on food labels

By Charles Stuart Platkin

I just came back from the supermarket, and I must say it's dizzying to see all the products claiming to be low fat, reduced fat, fat free, lean, healthy, light — the list goes on and on.

As a health-conscious eater with a taste for the "good stuff," I always look for "calorie bargains" — the foods that taste great, but at a reduced calorie level.

You would think that with all the nutrient information on packages, it would be a breeze to figure out which foods will help you stay trim. But buyer beware.

Even though the Food and Drug Administration regulates the use of these terms (known as "nutrient content claims"), food labeling can still be misleading, even if technically accurate.

You don't need to be a lawyer or nutritionist to unravel the intricacies of food labeling law. If you're watching your weight, here's what you need to know:

Low-fat lies

Fat free: A fat-free food must have less than 0.5 grams of fat per serving. The key words here are "per serving" — these claims are based on a standardized serving size that is often unrealistic.

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray is a good example of how this can be misleading — even though the label boasts "zero" calories and fat, that's just for a few sprays. If you were to use 25 sprays, it's actually 20 calories and about 2 grams of fat — and while this is still low, it's not "zero."

Take a look at another popular product — Pam Cooking Spray (one of my longtime favorites). Although Pam has less than 0.5 grams of fat per serving, technically qualifying it for the "fat free" claim, the FDA thought such an assertion on a product that is essentially 100 percent fat (that's right — it's full of fat) would be misleading. The compromise was to allow Pam (and these types of products) to put the words "for fat-free cooking" on the label.

Another problem is that fat-free versions often have close to the same amount of calories as the "full fat" versions.

For example, 9 of Nabisco Snackwell's Fat-Free Wheat Crackers have 108 calories, 0 grams of fat, and 21.6 grams of carbohydrates, whereas 9 Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers have 108 calories, 2.7 grams of fat, and 18 grams of carbohydrates.

Low fat: To qualify as low-fat, a food must contain 3 grams of fat or less per serving. (Again, notice those words — "per serving.") Remember, just because something is low in fat doesn't mean it's healthy or low in calories.

For instance, Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Low-Fat Frozen Yogurt contains 190 calories, 2.5 grams of fat, and 36 grams of carbohydrates per serving. On the other hand, plain old Breyers Chocolate Ice Cream has 160 calories, 9 grams of fat, and 18 grams of carbohydrates per serving.

Reduced or less fat: To qualify as a reduced-fat food, the product must have at least 25 percent less fat per serving than the original version.

No one would argue that less fat is better, but how much better? Take peanut butter for example. As implied by the name, Jif Reduced-Fat Peanut Butter contains 4 fewer grams of fat than regular — except it's the heart-healthy fat that's missing. And both versions contain the same amount of calories — about 190 per serving — and the same amount of artery-clogging saturated fat. Why skimp on the good fat for additional chemicals and sugar?

Plus, when the label says reduced fat, you might assume you can eat larger servings, without realizing the additional calories you're consuming.

At 140 calories and 6 grams of fat per ounce, Sun Chips French Onion flavor is labeled correctly as 30 percent less fat than regular potato chips. While technically true, this snack item is still about 38.5 percent fat and does not meet the criteria for a low-fat food.

If you regularly snack on chips, then Sun Chips might make a better choice — but they are certainly not as virtuous as the label suggests.

So, if you see a "reduced-fat" claim, be wary — yes, it's reduced, but the question is, from what?

Bitter sweet

Sugar free: Sugar free means less than 0.5 grams of sugar per serving. Again, this doesn't mean that it is healthy or great for weight loss.

Take a look at Murray Sugar Free Chocolate Chip and Pecan Cookies, which have 160 calories, 10 grams of fat, and 19 grams of carbohydrates per serving. Compare this to a serving of the regular Famous Amos Chocolate Chip and Pecan Cookies at 150 calories, 8 grams of fat, and 19 grams of carbohydrates.

No added sugar: "No added sugars" and "without added sugars" claims are allowed if no sugar or sugar-containing ingredient (for example, fruit juices, applesauce, or dried fruit) is added during processing or packing. Pay attention though, because it can be stated on the package even if the food is not "low calorie" or "reduced calorie."

Fruit juice with no added sugar is a good example. It's still fairly high in calories and already high in other fruit sugars.

Ocean Spray No Added Sugar Cranberry Juice has 100 calories and 25 grams of carbohydrate per serving — only slightly less than the Ocean Spray Cranberry Cocktail, which has 109 calories and 27 grams of carbohydrate per serving.

Living light

Light: "Light" or "lite" products are also getting a lot of shelf space these days — but "light" is not synonymous with healthy. A "light" food is one that has 1/3 fewer calories OR half the fat of a previous version of the food.

A great example is the Milky Way Lite. Talk about technicalities:

Milky Way: 270 calories and 10 grams of fat

Milky Way Lite: 170 calories and 5 grams of fat

Here's the catch — a regular Milky Way weighs 58 grams, while a Milky Way Lite weighs only 44.5 grams. So basically, you could chop off 13.5 grams of your usual Milky Way, with similar nutritional results.

The term "light" can be confusing because it can also refer to the color or texture of the product, such as light olive oil. Its fat content is the same as any other olive oil — nearly 14 grams per tablespoon.

Nutrition experts say that one of the most important things to be aware of is what the FDA refers to as "reference amounts" or "serving sizes."

"These 'serving sizes' are the amounts that all nutrient information is based upon, and thus the claims that the manufacturer is allowed to make," says Nutritionist Leah Nemerson.

So, if you're using much more than the serving size on the label, you might want to shop elsewhere for your "calorie bargains."

Charles Stuart Platkin is a syndicated health, nutrition, and fitness columnist.

CountryMom4Him 08-26-2003 09:58 AM

Good morning.

I was gonna post yesterday but my goofy phone line keeps kicking offline...agh...Hopefully later today I can put in the new jack. I started on the floor in here yesterday so hopefully this week I'll have the dinning room done and no more tiles to put down. In a little bit I'm gonna attempt to move this computer table. I'm not sure if I have enough strength.

I wanted to roll back over this morning but I did get out and walk. I did weight in yesterday...it wasn't pretty...LOL I don't know why the weight has decided to take up residence on my bode but aghghhh..:D Not losing inches, not losing pounds but my heart is getting healthy. Gonna give it two more weeks. I did get frustrated yesterday and ate some glazed ham.

Deb WTG getting out there and walking. You are doing so good. Sorry you got caught in the rain this morning. It was so hot last night we were praying for it to drizzle on us but Noooooo. :) It makes me sad that someone would think that we don't care over here. I know when I first came to the board everyone made me feel right at home.

Jack-K Sorry that your trip got canceled this weekend. WTG with the walking and weight training.

Toni You are doing so good. I had to laugh at the scales. Mine did that to me once. The ones I use now I got at Walmart. They have one of those titanium batteries that is suppose to last 10,0000 uses or something like that. They say a lifetime but they don't know how many times I step on them puppies a day. :)

Heartmom The pictures of your family were wonderful. I'm glad the scales went down for you. I understand how frustrating it can be to be stalled. Sometimes I think I'm a nut for trying so hard when nothing is happening. You've come a long way and you will reach goal. I sure wish I had one of those steaks.

Kim Sorry you are not feeling so well. Praying your tummy feels better soon.

Monet Your doctor sounds like a hoot. I'm glad you will be able to help your co-worker. It's on thing to chose a WOE because you want to and another because you have to. Hopefully since you are doing it it will encourage here that it's not so bad.

Sef Morning. Sounds like you had a busy weekend.

Poncho hey skinny. :) How neat to get to talk to the nutrionist. I hope you learn a lot in your hour.

Libra Praying for you as you sort through your things. I'm sure you have many treasures over 35 years. Hoping you are able to make a place in your new home for those that mean the most to you.

Gator Welcome back and happy late anniversary!

Fruit Praying that your surgery goes well and that you get some good news from the dr. ((hugzz))

Bob Good morning. Sorry your pup had the bad tummy this morning. Not the best way to start your day. Our cat decided she would stay in last night....no litter box....Jess got the joy of taking care of her mess.

Willow Good to see you've found the board. I don't think I'd eat the bread at either place. Probably just pull the goodies off the bun. At subway I always get the salad verus the sandwich.

Well, this is not getting the floor done. I'll sneak back on in a bit and see how everyone's day is going.

Be blessed, encouraged...stay strong...on plan and know you are the best YOU there is!!!

Love and hugs,
Crystle

Pancho 08-26-2003 11:04 AM

Good Tuesday Morning; still waiting for TOM to make debut.

Today will be my DD first full 3-hour day of kindergarten; I know she will do great. I drop her off at noon and then meet with the nutritionist at 1:00. I have so many questions....I better make a list.

Deb: I hope your head is better today! Good luck finding a gym that you will enjoy. I go to Naturally Women and I love it. The one I go to is fairly new. It is only women and is very large. I've never had to wait for any equipment. They also have childcare; which is a big sell for me. Great job getting your walk in this morning in the rain; that's motivation. Wow,what a post on that other board. I felt as if there were some strong friendships here as well, but that said a lot about the board. I felt welcome from the beginning.

fruit: Good luck with the surgery; way to spend your time off. Sorry you have to go through all this. Congrats on the 9 pound loss; you are doing so fantastic!!! Try to stay strong and not to get too depressed. I know it is much easier said than done. I tried nearly two years to get pregnant with baby #2, and it seems everyone I knew was pregnant or getting pregnant. One mom I knew was pregnant twice during that time. It comes so easily to some and some of us have to work extra hard for it. I hope the doctors are able to help get everything in line for you to conceive.

Gator: Happy Anniversary!! Glad you and hubby had a great time.

Toni: Maybe you will get a new scale and be pleasantly surprised. I didn't even know that a broken scale had numbers that high on it.

Jack: Way to get that walk in this morning!!!

Country: Made your Lasagne recipe last night and it was delicious! I forgot to put the parm. cheese in the sauce, but it still turned out great! I also used some organic spag. sauce I had on hand -vs- the one you suggested. There is enough for leftovers tonight, and I even froze some of it. Thanks for the recipe! Try not to get discouraged; you are doing fantastic!!

Well, I still have to eat breakfast and get a few things done around here.

Take care & have a great day!!

Boom 08-26-2003 11:08 AM

Can someone point this newbie to some good basic info about Sugar Busters. Im looking to transition from Atkins and need a starting point! Thanks!