Other (care to explain ?) 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 06:14 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 8/25-9/1

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=31007

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 08-25-2003, 06:20 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's just the one today:

GROWING STRONGER

Your body's muscles are made stronger by the resistance they encounter. And so are you.

Use the strength you have, and as a result you will have even more. Step up to the challenges, and you'll be preparing yourself to successfully meet even greater challenges. By being strong you become yet stronger. For it is always possible to go a little beyond where you've gone before, and you can do it again and again.

Push steadily forward, and with each push you'll grow stronger and more capable. Though you may start small, you'll soon begin to see big results.Those who are strong became that way not through luck or magic or mysterious process. Those who are strong became strong by applying what strength they had, over and over. And so can you.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 08-25-2003, 07:19 AM   #3  

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGES:

As usual we continue with to TRY AND GET IN AT LEAST 64 OUNCES OF WATER A DAY and TRY TO GET IN AT LEAST 3 DAYS WORTH OF EXERCISE and post it on the exercise board.

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE:

Take at least one day out this week to let us know WHERE your carbs come from. List the carb related foods and what category they fall under, such as fruit, dairy, veggies, starchy carbs. If you already journal, this should be an easy thing to do, if not, this will help you be more aware of your carb intake and where they come from and possibly what you can tweak to make your daily food intake better, more intesteresting, etc.

You can list just the foods you eat, or you can be more specific and list the food and the amount-up to you

GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-25-2003, 07:43 AM   #4  

Happy Monday Morning

My MM contribution:

"Failure isn't falling down it is staying down."

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."

God's Little Instruction Book for Women

Enjoyed my Great Niece's baptism yesterday. Afterwards we went to the other grandparents house and they had homemade peach ice cream. I did ok but had to have just a little taste of the ice cream it was too yummy.

Today I will travel for work and not be home till late. Hope to get in a walk tonight if possible.

Weighed in today for WW and now the Monday challenge. I'm at 170...1 pound since last monday. Oh and I voted on the poll this week and said one meal is my usual cheat. I've learned if I will stop there and get back on the right track for the next meal then I can not go off the deep end. That's why I picked todays MM.

Have a great day.

Anna
222/170/140

Last edited by beachfan37; 08-25-2003 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:44 AM   #5  

Good Monday morning.... DH just got off to work. I'm sitting here in total shock........ I got up at 5:30 this morning excited to get on the scale and was I surprised when I stepped on it and have gained weight. Now talk about a shock. Not one piece of non legal food has passed my lips! I can tell I'm retaining some fluid but I really really thought I would lose. I've been so up about being back on SB, I've made sure I'm right OP. I'll just have to ride it out and see what happens Wed.

Thank you Debilli for calling me yesterday. That just made my day. I tried a soup recipe I got from another board yesterday and really liked it. I have enough leftover for today too...

Refried Bean Soup 1 small onion-chopped
2 cloves garlic-minced
1 Tbls. vegetable oil
1 can refried beans-31oz
1 can diced tomatoes-undrained
1 can Rotel Tomatoes-undrained
1 can chicken broth
Garnishes-cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack) sour cream, chopped green onion
Cook onion and garlic in oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat stirring constantly, until tender. Add beans, both tomatoes and chincken broth, stirring until smooth. Be sure to mash the lumps of refried beans until completely dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 min. Ladle soup into individual soup bowls, top with cheese, and sour cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 hearty servings.

Even my DH ate this. I'll pop back on after while and see how everyone did over the week-end.

213/180.5/130

Last edited by Toni48; 08-25-2003 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday, If that can ever be.

Well we didn't get to go onthe boat trip. DD decided she couldn't go back to school until Sunday. She was back and forth since Friday. I was very disappointed about not getting to go, but if I had I woul dhave felt like a horrible mother. She could get around a lot better. So we followed her back to UK Sunday and unloaded her car for her and took her to the grocery. $248! Man, you would think she bought food for the whole semester. Of course, lots of beauty products, etc. I wasn't prepared for that.

So I was pretty much in a funk all of Saturday and won't even go into what kind of eating that led to.

DH & I have decided today is the day we get serious about this again. Ballgames are over so we will be able to get in our walks and workouts in. I cut out bunches of exercies from magazines and will put together a workout there too. If I could ever understand Fitday, I would start doing that.

Beachfan, We have a bonefish in Lou but I have not tried it. Planning to do so soon. Liked your MM. Thanks.

Deb, I guess Eli is one of those guys that dates don't stick with. There could be lots of worse things wrong with him than remembering anniversaries. So if you can overlook it, good for you. I would have to be reminding him, but that's me.

Melf, what handsome GS's you have.

Toni, The girl at work makes that soup and loves it. I had something similar to that in PUnta Cana and loved it so I think I will give it a try. I love soups. Don't worry about that gain, it is probably water and will be gone soon. Try weighing again around 9:30 and see if it is better.

Have a great day. Hope to get back on later.

Jackie
Old 08-25-2003, 08:19 AM   #7  

Good Morning everyone,
Our county fair ended yesterday, I would up working at it for 4 days, and since fair food is not traditionally someplace you go to eat healthy, there were definite lapses in my WOE last week. But now, hopefully I can resume my downward progress.
I even got a henna tattoo yesterday, my kids think I'm weird
Hope that everyone does well this week. I hope to walk on the treadmill tonight and catch up with a couple of TV programs that we recorded.
Have a great day everyone!
Barbara
270/234/135
Old 08-25-2003, 08:33 AM   #8  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

Well, the kids are at school!!! YIPEEEEE!! We left about 6:40am and had really no traffic to speak of, just how I like it. We'll probaby leave 5 minutes later tomorrow but wanted to see how bad the traffic was at this time as the route I take, they built more houses which = more cars on the road = more traffic.

I planned to come home and walk but my neighbor called late last night and asked if I could watch her daughter for a few minutes while her DH takes her son to school. I said yes, though I really was looking forward to walking early and this put a twist on that idea. I could go as I write this but it would be a shorter walk and I really wanted to go the 4.5 miles I use to go, though I know for a fact I'll be walking slow. Probably should of gone and made a shorter walk of it, but now I'm just going to stick to my plan of walking later. I haven't walked in months and with my toe, I'm not looking at any times today, just to get out there is my goal. Felt weird putting on my "walking" clothes! What I'm NOT going to like is having to loosen my fanny pack

Oh, glasses update-took them back to were I got my eyes checked AGAIN and they said they made a mistake, the prescription is right, what isn't right, which is from the glasses place is that the area of the lens is too high. I may have to find a new frame, either way, they have to be fixed, so some time next week, maybe Saturday, I have to take MICHAEL to go get his glasses and will take mine back as well.

On to some replies...

TEENSY, you asked the other day ***Question---I thought I saw where Deb had said to someone to only use Stoned Ground WW. Does that mean that I have been doing this wrong. Some of the products I use say SG WW, but others just say 100% WW. (I make sure that it is not enriched WW.) I may have confused this......it would be easy for me to do!! Does anyone know?? ** As long as it says 100% WW, it's probably okay, just not stone ground, at least that's what I hope. Here's a sight that may help answer that and many more questions:

FLOUR INFO

HEART, glad to hear the news about BOOGIE not having to go back for 6 months! Sorry to hear about the $$ woes, I totally can relate. LOVED the pics - DH looks like a HUNK! Thanks for sharing - no matter what, I think you are a beautiful woman!

BEACH, sounds like you're doing great HM peach ice cream, and you only had a tad - you rock! Great job being down another pound!!! I haven't decided which answer to the poll would suit me at this point. You have the right idea though.

TONI, don't let that gain stress you out at all, I've gone through it many times and there's many reasons it can happen, just know to sit strong and it will leave, along with another pound or two, I promise. Loved speaking with you yesterday and will do so again in the future. Thanks for posting the recipe, I think I have all the stuff in the house and may just try making it!

JACKK, sorry to hear you didn't get on the boat There will be another time though, I'm sure, right? ELI and dates, usually he's good, at least he remembers my birthday! He didn't say anything yesterday, though he told me a million times he loves me - I think he was fishing Haven't given him a clue he's a day late and a dollar short and that's growing! Guess he sure wasn't planning anything special. He's not off til this Sunday, so I know he didn't. He forgot once before, you think he'd of learned!

WOOD, sounds like you had a busy weekend. Today is a new day, a new week, so you can get back on track with the rest of us

Okay, JESSICA is here and watching TV, I have to go to the bathroom and then get ready - her father shouldn't be too long taking her brother to school and once back, I do plan on getting my butt out there to walk. Let's hope with my toe being what seems to be permanently big, fits in my shoes and causes me no problems

Will check in after I return!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 08-25-2003, 09:26 AM   #9  

What is the web site for fitaday? I can't find it. I know I must be spelling it wrong. Think I might need to start recording my food there. My computer crashed a month or so back and I lost the address for it..... Thank you....
Old 08-25-2003, 10:01 AM   #10  

Default website

Toni -

good am to you... I was just browsing the site... it is
www.fitday.com

a.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:33 AM   #11  

Good Monday Morning:

TOM s/b here any minute, but I still weighed in (125#); that's up 1/2 - 1 pound from last week, but I'll take it.

Question: Has anyone had their gall bladder removed, and if so....do you remember what the symptoms were? I occasionally get a ripping, tearing sensation in the right side near my ribs, and it is really painful. It happened quite a few times when I was preg. with second child, but I always assumed it was due to the stretching. It just happened again the other day; the first time since when I was pregnant with her.

I need to stay off e-bay for a while, or I will be bidding on a divorce kit (ha). I am winning all my bids; I can't believe it. I am going to wait a few months now, and then jump on and do some Christmas shopping.

Has anyone heard from Jenn in MN? I really thought she'd stop in and update us on the pregnancy. I hope all is going well for her.

Today is my daughter's first day of Kindergarten. I have to not cry in front of her. It's going to be so hard. I know it is only 3 hours a day, but also a sign that she is growing up.

I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD KISS DEBELLI OR KICK HER IN THE BEHIND!!!! If you haven't tried the zucchini loaf cake listed in the recipe section, you should (if you have willpower, that is). I made it last night and it is delicious!! I now have to try the Blintz cake. It is so nice to have something to snack on that is legal, sweet and not full of unnnatural products.

I am catching up on replies from Thurs. through the weekend, some may be old news, but here goes:

bashful: Sounds like you have a great hubby, cooking for you. Does he follow SB too?

Libra: I watched the last 10 minutes of Extreme Makeover the other night; it was pretty interesting. What a great idea to set goals for yourself and then give yourself rewards. I think we should all do that, and then when we reach our goals, reward ourselves for every month we keep it off. Sorry to hear about your divorce after so many years.

Monet: You are only human, and I don't think many, if any, of us could do what you do (decorate cakes) and not give in totally!!! Way to get DD to clean up the mess. You did great at the shower. Chinese food makes me hungry; haven't had that in ages.

angehaley: DD is precious!!

Melf: Great pictures of GS. You must be proud!

beach: Of course we still want you here; we all have busy weeks sometimes. Glad you and DH had a great night out. My husband and I are supposed to go out on Sept. 6th, for the first time since DD #2 was born (almost 14 months ago). I have a difficult time leaving my girls with anyone! Way to keep those kids in line!

Rosalie: I still have to try CountryMom's lasagne; sounds like a big hit. I will be making it this week. Some people (myself & Deb included) lose more with a few more starchy carbs.

Deb: I'm sure you are happy to have the funeral behind you! You and hubby have the same anniversary date as your parents? That's neat. Sorry Eli forgot the special day? How many years? Not that it matters, right? I would be very upset as well!! I did get DD to the doctor, and no ear infection; Thank God! She just has a little cold, and the stuffed up nose is keeping her from sleeping, I think.

groovia: WElcome back! Congratulations on getting the response from GH already! Maybe we will read it in the front of one of the upcoming issues. Way to go!

Fruit: Don't beat yourself up too bad. 10 FF is nothing; I have done that more than a few times. Sorry you had a bad reaction to them though. Maybe if I would, I wouldn't do it. Anytime my daughter gets FF, I have to eat a few. That's a major downfall of mine. BUT, I eat far less than I used to.

Toni: Maybe you are retaining some water weight. I am sure you are as you have been doing so well. Don't get discouraged; keep plugging along, and you will do great. Good luck figuring out Fitday. A lot of people (my sister included) swear by it, and really love it. I found it too time consuming for me. I could only go enter everythign in late at night, once kids were in bed, and by then it was too late, and often discouraging.

Well everyone, I hope you have a great day to the start of another fantastic week!!

I'll check in later; gotta get the show on the road around here.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:09 AM   #12  

Hey All

Well, I did it! I got in my walk. It was hot, humid, late, threat of rain, toe got taped up, was slow and the sheer reality of having to loosen that fanny pack came in to play, but I went!!!! I have to admit, despite my *****in, it felt good to get out there today. Got in my 4.5 miles that I use to do way back Boy, am I out of shape in more ways than one Cross your fingers I have another day under my belt tomorrow:cross:

Before I forget, as I did earlier this morning, as I was reading the newspaper yesterday I saw an ad for CURVES that one is opening in Kendall, now, it didn't say where in Kendall as there is just Kendall and then there's East & West, but in the general area. Didn't say when either, so I put in a call to the number in the ad-no repsonse yet though. The questions I have for those who go to Curves are Why do you like it? What's it like? What's the cost? Stuff like that. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

PANCHO, I had my GB removed years ago. From what I remember it was more like having chest pains, I think, but gosh, it was like 20 years ago-who can remember, I can't remember what I had for dinner the other night! I'm sure my recollection isn't that good and it could very well be like you've said, just don't remember it being as such I have gotten something like you've talked about, though mine seems to be a searing pain, like burning-does that sound like something you've had? When it doubt, check it out-make an appt with the Dr., let him tell you it's nothing, hopefully. Nothing from JENN - have her telly and thought about calling her but didn't-will try to put that on my TO DO list. So glad you liked the zucchini loaf - knew you would The blintz loaf is NOT a cake, though it sure tastes like one, it's actually considered a dairy dish and can be used as a main dish or side dish. Actually, ELI and I aren't legally married though most people think we are and I don't correct them when I'm refered to as his wife or he as my husband-after 10 years it sure feels like it! Please let us know how DD's first day of Kindergarten went-did you cry??? Girl, come MICHAEL'S graduation, I'm going to be bawling like a baby, just imagine when I have to take him to college

Okay, I can't believe it's after 11am already! I haven't had a bite to eat yet. Going to go have something before I die of starvation - yeah, right, like THAT would ever happen!

Will check in later!

Toodles

Deb
Old 08-25-2003, 12:07 PM   #13  

Exclamation MM Monday!!

Ok, here goes….
My first attempt at posting a reply from cut & paste out of word….!!!
As promised…. I weighed in this am ---- at 152!!!!! Don’t know weather to be happy of frustrated….. I am down three from last week… but two days ago I was 151.…….. I gotta get an electric scale… (MY scale - a SALTON - is never the same…. It has this little dial on the bottom of it… to be able to ZERO it out… but still, never seems to get right on… even this am… I got out my 6 lb weight and put it on…. One time it weighed in at 4 one time at 5 one time at 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARG!!!!!!!!!(NOT GOOD FOR THE DIETER……….) I looked at them this weekend… but didn’t buy… Hubby (who is doing Atkins…) said NO because he would be upset if new scale showed him higher than current one did…. HA.AH.HA.HA…… Does anyone else have a vain hubby!!! gotta love it… anyway, gonna go back and get it!!!!!!!!!! We finally got some rain last night…… A wonderful soaking rain - but only for about an hour…. We will take all we can get!!!!! I think I actually heard the sidewalk sizzling!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone had a great OP weekend……

BEACH - Great MM!!! Congrats on the ONE POUND….. WOOO HOOO FOR YOU!!!!!!!

TONI - Thanks for the yummy soup recipe.. Will have to try that one…as I love beans… may try it with black beans…. And cilantro!!!!!!!!! Yum….. Don’t let the gain get you down… I will be off before you know it…. Do you eat lots of salt…? I have found that I have to watch my intake… esp around TOM!!

JACK-K!!! You are an AWSOME MOM…. There will be more boat trips!!!! Wow on the grocery bill….but I seem to remember that first trip to be very high…!!! All those staples add up quickly!!! L Good for you and DH to get on the ball… That is what I am gearing up to do as well… I checked out fit day this am… and have to agree with you…. Too confusing on finding the exact thing you ate for the food!!!

WOODFROG… GOOD FOR YOU TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR SLIDE AND GET BACK ON THE WAGON-------- who can resist fair food…. Yummy….! Cool henna tattoo… what is it of.. And where did you get it??

DEB - My gosh… when do the kids start school….? Or do you have to travel a ways to their school??? WTG on the walk!!!!!!! I bet you feel awesome for getting back out there…. Even though you had a snag in your plans!!! WTG!! BTW.... Thanks again for the help on my stats... I still need to get a book of cal-carb-protein and a journal... but I can see myself... finding a menu for a day that fits what I am supposed to eat (calorie wise) and eating the same thing everyday... as to not have to figure out what to eat to get the #'s right.... still can't find those pot pies you like...!!

PANCHO - WOW - That is awesome that you are staying at the same weight…. At your TOM!!!! WTG!!! So, did you cry at taking DD to school… I can only imagine myself when that time comes for me…. I am sooo emotional!!! J I am gonna have to try the zucchini cake… everyone seems to love it…
I made the low GI no bake CHOCOLATE cookies on the recipe board and they are SOOOOO YUMMYY!!!!!!! That board can get you into trouble……

ps..... the cut & paste posting ROCKS...... VERY EASY AND FAST!!! Thanks to monet (I think it was you... sorry still getting to know everyone...) for the hint!!!!

here is my MM contribution!!!
NO task is overwhelming if you take it one step at a time!!!
Shun idleness
Shake up your daily routine
Do not be afraid to let things inspire you
Look inside yourself for the strength to continue

- all from a little book I have - 8789 words of wisdom!!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday... and week!!!
Don't forget to STAY OP
ange.

Last edited by angehaley; 08-25-2003 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Getting ready to go out to our jobsite so I probably won't get back on here so thught I would catch up before it's gets too much.

My carbs today come from:
2 pcs sgww bread (not sure how many carbs in them)
yogurt - 17 carbs
dab of peanuts - 3 carbs
I never pay attention to the amount of carbs I consume, just the starchy carbs.
Will have some more with dinner, the mushrooms and peppers on my sish kobob (sp)

Woodfrogs, my DH wants a barbed wire tatoo, but he is a chicken, so everythime we go somewhere that has the henna ones he says on the last day he will get one of those, but never will spend the money. Good wy to find out if you want the real thing I guess.

Deb, I'm so glad yu are getting back into your walking. It will help you in more ways than just wt. loss. Hope it wasn't too painful. Glad they figured out the glasses problem.

Pancho, good luck on getting your DD in kindergartern w/o tears. I'm sure they willbe flowing once you get in the car. Guess what, it starts all over when they go to college. I think I get teary eyed everytime she comes home and leaves.

Anglehaley, keep the old scale for Dh to use and you use the new one. I always weight 3 times, the first one is never right. I think my problem with Fitday is I don't have alot of time to fool around with it. One day though. Congrats on those 3 lbs. The scale and body can be so fickle from one day to the next.

Have a great OP day.

Jackie
Old 08-25-2003, 12:58 PM   #15  

A quick post from Monet...bet you all are getting annoyed with my quick posts all the time! If so, sorry! Just get over it! haha!

I heard whispers of a WIM, so I just got home and hopped on the scale. Down two, even after working this morning! I was glad to see that! Now I am back to my all time low. Woo hoo! Next pound will be new ground!

I have to pick up my daughter from work in a bit. (she is a cake decorator at the same store I work at) Her car is in the shop, and her husband is taking his car over for some work so mom was elected to give her a ride. A bit later, I am going to go up to the doctor's office with my co-worker, who had chest pains last Monday. She is nervous, since they called her and told her Friday evening that she needed to make an appointment ASAP. I have my ideas...I am almost willing to bet he has found she has insulin problems and thyroid problems. If he puts her on SB, like he does a lot of his patients, I will be right there to encourage her!

So, I need to go eat something. Will be back later!

Closed Thread