3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   need to know (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/30828-need-know.html)

kittywillow 08-20-2003 04:46 AM

need to know

please help with this okay..... can i go and use recipes from a low glycemic count ??? will they be the same ?? the stuff i read seems to be the same am i wrong ? also how much of one thing can you have like sb oatmeal cookies this is what confuses me 1 or 3 cookies ok ? also the the blue bunny s f fat free yogurt found these and love them ,they taste better than any i have ever tried .... should i eat low fat mayo,butter,salad dressing, etc. a little confused about that ... sorry for the long one just need your advice ......Thanks IN Advance....

P.S. please the name is harmless something from childhood..... we grew kittywillow's........

skeeweeaka 08-25-2003 11:07 PM

Well Mr. Willow....I will attempt this because I just read the book... I am new also..

Yes you can use the low glycemic recipes...I use have used some from different sites... As long as you stick to whole foods and no sugars...

Portions...in the book it states that you use your plate and have regular portions....not overflowing...no seconds or thirds... As far as the cookie...portions are important....it depends on the recipe..but I would think 1 or 2...

Blue Bunny....lot's of people use that brand and it is okay.

Condiments...I think the emphasis is on sugar....make sure that your condiments don't contain sugar... Low fat condiments usually contain larger amounts of sugar than regular to offset the fat that is missing...

Unfortunately, I'm as confused as you about finding a good site where people respond.... I've checked this site and don't particularly get the response when needed...most of the people in the weekly support boards know each other and are just there to support each other... I did see your post there too lol...

Hope you have some luck...me too...need to lose a lot of weight and so far I am getting full much quicker than on Atkins or Protein Power...and the variety is much better...

Also I found some terrific recipes on www.bodymakeover.com
These are mostly fat free but I've found some that taste surprisingly good.... Muffins and various breakfast ideas as opposed to cereal... And also some great chicken ideas...

Debelli 08-26-2003 09:05 AM

SKEE, I'd like to take a moment to address your post above.

First off, I'd like to say that we do try to respond to all questions on the SB BOARDS. We mostly post on the SB WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARDS and I try to respond to all questions that are posted elsewhere, or, I will copy the posts that I find and post them on the weekly board so we can have all those who'd like to respond see the question and do so, as I have done more than once with the posts from WILLOW. AND, by the way, I have also sent her private messages.

Now, I have to say, I truly take offense to the part of your post that you said, and I quote most of the people in the weekly support boards know each other and are just there to support each other You are SO wrong when you made this comment and it's like a slap in the face to me:mad: You can ask SUZANNE, one of the 3FC'S, as well as all the people on our board that we undoubtedly have the friendliest group of people on our board and all willing to lend a hand-we don't ignore ANYONE! Yes, we do know each other, some better than others, but we all are friends. Some of us have met in person, some talk to each other on the phone and others keep in touch via e-mail outside the board, so yes, we have many stronger bonds than one would normally see on a message board as we do. BUT, you can come and ask ANY of the newer members of the board, just ask them how they were welcomed in to our circle and how they feel. Ask any of them how we helped answered questions they had regarding this WOE, or anything else. Ask any of those who e-mailed me for more guidance if I didn't take the time to answer them and help.

I honestly HATE that I had to write the above but I defend not only myself, but all of us who are on the SB BOARDS. You truly have missed your mark on the statement you made.

Good luck with SB.

Debbie

Libra925 08-26-2003 10:05 AM

Hello, Skee. I'm one of the newbies on the SB Weekly Support Board and I would just like to second what Debbie said. I've only been on here for two weeks and everyone, absolutely everyone, has been great with their support and encouragement. They welcomed me with open arms. If you look at the number of posts some of them have, you can understand why some of them seem so close. Several of them have been posting for a long time. I know that at some point, I will connect with someone on the board and have that same closeness. In the meantime, I enjoy hearing from all of them and offering what support and/or encouragement that I can. Give them a chance. You have to be a friend before you can have one.

I will also say that in the past, I've felt the way that you do. It's been hard for me to believe that someone would want to be friends with me for most of my life. I know this problem is with me, not with others. It's something I work at every single day.

Please feel free to email me if you would like to. Maybe we could help each other on this journey.

Marilyn

kittywillow 08-26-2003 02:40 PM

sorry

ok i want all you guys to know i am truly sorry if i have caused any hard feelings on the board i did not mean anything by what i said ....for i know i posted in the wrong place and thanks to Debelli she put me on the right track... at least i hope i am.... Skee i want to thank you also for answering some of my questions .... so i hope we are all ok now for i feel sort of responsible for this .....:^: :o

skeeweeaka 08-27-2003 12:07 AM

Somehow I knew there would be an issue with the post...but he had posted in 3 different places and although there were a lot of viewings...noone has responded... Referring him to another link was a nice thing to do..but what about answering the question????

Also...when I said they are supporting each other....I meant that sometimes they don't read all the posts...they simply post what's going on...in their day...and also respond to their friends issues... If you check the weekly that's what happened with his post, it simply was in the mist of all that and noone responded...

Didn't mean to offend anyone...just simply stating what I've seen on the boards... It is confusing...

Also, thanks for your offer of support...I belong to other boards and have friends on those sites...but was looking for a board consisting mostly of Sugar Busters... However, I would be happy to buddy up with you...:D

Libra925 08-27-2003 02:34 PM

Skee,

Libra925 08-27-2003 02:35 PM

Let me try this again. I must have hit the wrong key.

Skee,

I was just going to say that I love your "CHEATFREE" graphic.

Marilyn

Debelli 08-28-2003 01:20 PM

SKEE, as mentioned before I did respond to kittyWILLOW'S posts, you just failed to find them, which is another reason I PRIVATE MESSAGED her to let her know that her posts were resonded to.

As for not everyone responding to all the posts. We all understand that many people have a busy life and it's hard for them to get on the board and reply each and every day. We don't expect it. We tell everyone that we totally understand and if they can't repsond to all the posts, even those directed to them, we understand, and that it's more important that they come on the board with a general "howdy" than stay away because they feel bad they can't post to everyone. We all have that happen. It's hard, and takes a lot of commitment, not to mention time to reply to everyone all the time.

You have to understand that this SB board has been up and running for 3 1/2 years now. We have members here from it's beginning, or there just about. I personally have met over 20 members, past and present from this board. I've stayed with people in their homes, they've stayed at mine - traveled with them too and have had wonderful get togethers. Of course the board makes us close, but these interactions in person makes us closer even moreso. I speak to many people on this board on the telephone as well. THIS is truly a board that is hard to find anywhere else. Yes, we are quite close, but at the same time we welcome ANYONE to join us at anytime-we are NOT a closed bunch, or a closed board not willing to welcome in a newcomer.

Yes, the boards can be confusing til you get use to them, but that's not something that reflects on the members of our board.

Yes, I was offended by the post and got quite agitated, which is something not of the norm for me with dealing with the board. These women are my friends and you made me feel like you were attacking us with false acqusations as I more than anyone else know you were wrong.

With that being said, if you would like to join us you are always more than welcome to do so at any time - I hold no grudges as I don't believe you meant any harm.

Debbie

laurieann227 08-28-2003 03:30 PM

New to SB!

What a great site. I gotta hand it to ya'll, this is wonderful! I have read through some posts and have a question - I see that most posts are on the weekly board. Is there one thread for the board and everyone just replies to it and the next week a new thread is created and that's what everyone goes to? I have it about figured out.

The information is great. Oh my goodness, I'm excited I found ya'll. I am just starting Sugar Busters tomorrow (payday for me), in conjunction with biking (I have ridden my stationary bike for 5 minutes, one mile each night, for the last two nights) and will begin taking the weight loss drug Meridia. I weigh in at 300 lbs and on a 5'3/1" frame that's not healthy for me. Big family history of heart problems and blood pressure problems as well as Type II diabetes and I want to be healthy if I face those things - ya know? Also, I just want to eat better to feel better and lose this weight. My doctor does Sugar Busters and wants me to become a Sugar Busters disciple, LOL. So far I'm singing it's praises as I'm reading the book and I love the handy shopping guide they have out.

Starting Sugar Busters, what has been ya'll's biggest obstacle? I feel as much as I weigh I will never get it off, yet having read some of ya'll's posts I can see that so many of you are doing GREAT! I'm so proud of ya'll and the support you give each other is tremendous.

Any words of wisdom for a newbie?

Smooches,
Laurie - oh, I did the bio thing on the Bio Board to read more about me. :-)

Debelli 08-28-2003 03:42 PM

HEY LAURIE! Mind if I copy your post on to our SB WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD? I want everyone to see it and have a chance to respond to your post and that's where we all tend to congregate. Here's the link, just click on it:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...0&pagenumber=3

I will respond to your post when I get in my next post:D

Glad to have you with us!!:D

Debbie