Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Last week, how many days were you 100% on plan? (you CAN do multiple choice)
0 1 3.23%
1 1 3.23%
2 1 3.23%
3 2 6.45%
4 2 6.45%
5 3 9.68%
6 3 9.68%
All 7 days!!! 7 22.58%
Just starting this WOE this week! 3 9.68%
I was a baaaad girl last week, but I VOW to do better this week! 7 22.58%
Can you send me a ticket to the Detox Dungeon? 8 25.81%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 11:38 AM   #91  

WOOHOO! I am doing great. I mean it. I have been under 1500 calories every day this week. I am starting to think I can actually do this. I did have a glass of white wine this week but it was split over two nights so I don't feel too bad. I haven't gotten in as much exercise as I would like because I have been busy all week. It is going to rain all weekend too. Maybe I will pop in my Walk Away the Pounds video.
I am trying to be as good as I can this week because of the holiday weekend. I am giving myself a challange to see if I can make it through the weekend unscaved!
I wonder if the scale will be down next week. I have to be honest if it isn't I will be one very depressed girl. After working so hard at it all week and not seeing results......that kills me.

Don't have time for replies but wanted to say hello.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:11 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Finally got on here. It has been so busy today and I was gone all day yesterday.

Got my hair all cut off last night. I just let the girls do her ting. I don't care. It's ok. It's only hair. Only took about 10 minutes to fix this am. I like that.

Vesnoid, I got a good laugh about the strangled groin. Congrats ont he loss.

Deb, how exciting for Michael. Tell him congrats.

Rosalie, WTg on keeping those grandkids healthy. That 1/2 pound will be gone in no time.

Talitha, Congrats on getting into those old jeans. You were smart to only eat 1 pc of pizza. Probably didn't hurt you at all. You could opt to just eat the toppings. But then it takes lots of pieces to get full. Next time they order pizza, have them order you some hot wings. Most pizza places have them.

Cherylco, good to hear from you. Way to handle Subway. That will show them. I think you can get that info off their website. He probably didn't have a clue.

Teensy, WTG on that7.5 inches and the 5 lbs. That is awesome. I'm happy that you enjoy it so much.

IDblond, hope your treatment goes well. That 20.5 will go quickly.

Sheanne, Congrats on your B. That is great. Be happy with it.

Jenn, congrats on keeping your job and on the 1 lb loss.

Beth, Back on track are the key words. You can do this. We are behind you.

Fillise, Easy to say about those triscuits. I take some out, close the box, put them back on the shelf. eat them, Then start the process over again. I need to leave the house I guess. Hope it dries up there. Wish the sun would shine here.

Arcayne, I don't think I officially welcomed you. Welcome. This is a great place and the right place to be to lose that wt. 13 lbs is awesome. I believe that is what I lost in my firt 2 weeks on SB. I was so excited and motivated. I have never looked back. Don't think about how much you have to lose. I set a goal of 110 lbs, but never worried about it. I knew I was going to do it this time no matter how long it took. I also set 10 lbs goals and rewarded myself with something new each time I achieved it. You can do this. we are here to help you any time.

Serene, welcome back. You are smart to come back after 6 lb gain instead of more. No you haven't missed any pics. My niece took some and is working on getting them loaded for me. Soon I promise. Congrats on your new greyhound. I know you were missing your other one.

Grin, I can relate to your dog sitting. I had my SIL's dog while they were on their honeymoon. It was an experience.

Jecrites, there are some legal BBQ recipes on the board. Give them a try on your grill. I can relate on the dinner thing. Don't mind cooking, just hate to come up with an idea. Congrats on being OP all day.

Bob, Sorry, I was gone to meetings all day and busy today. How funny that that guy was from Lou. Tell him I said Hey! Feel better. Hope tomorrow gives you some answers and relief.

Agape, I made Deb's BBQ sauce. Never tried the cola one.

Kim, no I didn't miss 24. DH had gone out to meet an old work buddy so I taped it and got on chat. He came in 15 minutes into it and I had it one while chatting to HG so I really didn't miss too much. Glad you are doing great again. At least looking back on your journal if could give you ideas for meals.

Chris, Congrats on making it thru the day. You can do this.

Melf, 3 days OP :clap: You are now over the "hump" WTG on picking the fruit.

Deb, flannel? in that heat? Are you a man-made sweat box? have fun with Serene.

Jane, Good luck for making it through the weekend. You can do it if you want it bad enough. Just always plan and be prepared.

Need to fun get this bid done. Hope to be back later.

Jackie
257/152/145
10-10-01
Old 05-22-2003, 12:14 PM   #93  

Teensybean - When I wrote about the 3 gram sugar rule the other day I was just using dairy products as an example of foods that contain natural sugars. The same rule should apply to the veggies. So I think two servings of them would be fine. And usually the sugars are listed as part of the total carbs. If they are counted separately then it still only gives you a total of 7 carbs per serving if you deduct the 1 gm of fibre.

Sorry I can't reply to anyone else at the moment. I am on the run to-day and just nipped home for lunch after some bowling this morning. I was going to go shopping straight away but was feeling hungry so thought I had better come home and eat first before I start screwing up my plans for a good day of eating.

Have a good day everyone.

Marie.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:49 PM   #94  

Hi,

Here I am still putting things away at what we call the Tree House. I think I brought too much for our limited storage space. I am already asking DH to put more shelves in my closet and buy some under-the–bed boxes. I guess I’d better stop, huh? It is so pretty here in NC. It has been raining a lot, so, it is very lush and green. We did get to go into town yesterday and purchase plants for my garden as well as herbs to put in pots on the deck. I also purchased some fuchsias that have lovely flowers and the hanging baskets were only $6.99each. I think Jack-K asked if this is a permanent move. Actually we only stay here part of the year.

Jack-K: My poor husband is indeed working very hard. I feel bad about not helping like I usually do. He, however, is so understanding and doesn’t want me to do anything to stall the healing of my collarbone. I am enjoying the rain here, right now, but I bet it will not be fun for long. I understand what you mean about wanting to just eat when what you really need is a little diversion. Monet is, indeed a lovely person and lots of fun. Her cooking is marvelous!

BOB: You are welcome to come any time you are near here. I am sorry that you are having such trouble with you arm, etc. In order to sleep with the pain, I have been taking about 1/3 of an Ambien. I will be glad when I can put these drugs away or better yet, throw them out. The anti-anxiety pill the doc prescribed for the trip didn’t work at all, so it goes right away.

Quilter: My daughter follows the Weight Watchers program, so, when we are together, we combine the two programs and both have great results. Keep up the good work.

Melf: Thank you for the kind words about being a good roommate. I guess you forgot about me leaving clothes in the bathroom…HA! I am sorry that you have been going through a slump but I am happy to hear that you are pulling yourself up.

Jane: You mentioned shopping with a friend. I love shopping with my daughter but when shopping with a size 4 friend, it gets a little tricky. I start to reach for a size and she might say, you wear that large of a size….I just say, I like it roomy…HA!

Deb: Your house looked great when we were there…anyway…you are the reason people like to come for a visit. Say hi to the group for me. Are you the one that told us about the Tasty Bites brand? I tried the Bengal Lentils last night and they were great. I am sooo jealous that you guys will be in Broward but I will think of you having such a good time there myself. Michael and Lauren are so great and talented and good things should come to them.

Serene: So nice to see your post but I am sorry that you are going through some really hard times. Tranquil is great and a real comfort for you.

Heartmom: Hey to you.

I apologize to those I missed…I am so far behind.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:41 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Heading home for the day. Glad this one is over.

No big plans tonight. Hopefully I will be able to get my walk and workout in.

Rosalie, WTG on planning to eat at home. That's one way to keep OP.

Yellow, I take it you and your DH are "retired" so you can live in NC part of the year? It sounds lovely. I am jealous.

Have a great evening.

Jackie
Old 05-22-2003, 05:16 PM   #96  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Here's a cutie that I thought you all might enjoy!!!

A middle-aged woman had a heart attack and was taken to the
>>hospital.
>> While on the operating table, she had a near death experience.
>>Seeing
>> God, she asked, "Is my time up?" God said, "No, you have another
>>43
>> years, two months and eight days to live." Upon recovery, the
>>woman
>> decided to stay in the hospital and have a facelift, liposuction
>>and
>> tummy tuck. Since she had so much more time to live, she figured
>>she
>> might as well look even nicer.
>>
>> After her last operation, she was released from the hospital.
>>While
>> crossing the street on her way home, she was killed by an
>>ambulance.
>> Arriving in front of God, she demanded, "I thought you said I
>>had
>> another 40 years? Why didn't you pull me out of the path of that
>> ambulance?"
>>
>>
>>
>> God replied, "Girl, I didn't recognize you."

BOB
Old 05-22-2003, 05:35 PM   #97  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Pretty good day today, but on the way home, I had what I call a nerve shot that went from my shoulder down thru my arm. I thought I was going to have to pull over But, I made it home and immediately got the blue mineral ice out and had Kate rub me down! I've got to make a birthday cake for our monthly party tomorrow...I've got to get my arm feeling better before starting that project!

JACKIE...I sure do hope that they can see something tomorrow! I've had enough of this!!!

ROSE...enjoy that rain while you can, the skeeters will be rearing their ugly heads before long up there! I feel the same way about the drugs...right now, I'll take ANYTHING that will help the matter! Sorry about the anexiety pill...did you have any problems on your trip?

Gals...I know there are more of you to answer, but I've got to get up from here before I cry!

BOB
Old 05-22-2003, 06:09 PM   #98  

Just a quick hello, before I have to go fix dinner. I have been running all day! I have an appointment with the store manager tomorrow, then I will have to attend orientation Saturday. I hope I can find some time to do some cleaning, or poor Fillise is going to think we are total slobs! Of course, WE ARE, but we don't want her to know that!

BOB and FILLISE: I hope you clue me in about the big summer trip to Spa Monet. That way I can make sure to be here, and not on vacation when you show up, or vice versa!

Eating continues to be a mixed bag. I hope I can get back on track soon. I went and got Shelton pot pies today, so I have something interesting to eat for lunch that is legal.

I hope I can get back on later....
Old 05-22-2003, 09:45 PM   #99  

YellowRose - I hope you enjoy your sojourn in North Carolina. That's a beautiful place to be. I was probably the one that had mentioned Tasty Bites. I used to like to take that to work for my lunch. I found another brand a few weeks ago called ASHOKA which is also very good. The one I tried was called Navratan Korma - cottage cheese and vegetables curried in a creamy sauce. That was lovely but it wasn't until after I had eaten it that I realized it had some potato in it. Probably not enough to do any damage though.

BOB - Good luck with the MRI tomorrow. Hope they can find what is causing you pain and start treating you for it.

I cooked a turkey for dinner this evening and made the Almond Brown Rice Stuffing and it turned out really good. Also cut up some sweet potato and put it in a dish with a little butter, covered it and baked in the oven. Really yummy, particularly those bits that stuck to the pan. I have been op to-day but did eat a little too much at dinner. Oh, and I made some sesame snacks to-day and ate several of those. I had about the equivalent of 1/4 cup of sesame seeds. The only ingredients in them were sesame seeds, one egg, vanilla, baking powder plus the recipe called for 1/2 cup sugar but I put in just about 2 tbsp of fructose. I may try them with agave if I make them again but I don't know how that will turn out as the mixture was quite runny.

Have to get off here and do some reading before I get too sleepy.

Marie.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:54 PM   #100  

Default JECRITES

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Marie.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:25 PM   #101  

Default PIzza Takeover

Ok, so I was really craving pizza, I suppose it's because it's finally that TOM. Pretty ironic since I WASN't craving it when I ate it on Saturday. I made a WW crust that was really easy, and I didn't have to wait for it to rise. IT was soooooo goood!! Anyone want the recipie?

I also went to the farmers market today, and I had to have womething munchy, since I'm all crampy and grouchy. Has anyone ever tried the Terra brand Sweet potato chips? I got the jalepeno ones and they are awesome!!! ANd it only takes a few with a big glass of water to satisfy my monster cravings.

I've done pretty well today, but I need to drink more water for sure.

Jack-k yeah I would have ordered something different (wings or a salad) but they had already ordered and picked up the pissa when I got there, so I was stuck. AND I'm hyperglycemic, so my blood sugar was so low I just had to eat right away. I get all dorky and emotional when my blood sugar gets bad. I start to stutter and get really embarrased

Fillise- the toppings on a salad sounds really good! I think I'll try that sometime.

Tomorrow I have to work, so I am going to try to pack enough snacks to keep me from being tempted to cheat. Wish me luck!!

What is everyone doing for the holiday weekend?
Old 05-22-2003, 11:02 PM   #102  

Hi all, it's been a very long & busy day. Didn't get home till 8:30 tonight. DH had grilled chicken burgers on the Foreman grill with green beans & salad. He's such a dear! I was really beat!

Am too tired to post replies tonight. Just skimmed the posts, didn't really take the time to read them, except for a few where I saw my name. If I weren't so tired, I'd do better but I'm sure most of you will understand, especially those of you who work.

This was day #4 of 100% OP. Had my 64 oz water, 2 fruits & 3 veggies. I probably am not taking enough calories right now, but felt that I really needed to keep it low for now. Hoping to see more of a drop on the scale soon. I went back & looked at my Weight Commander & found that I add not been up to 145 since 9-1-01. Also noted that I have been up abaove 140 since early April, so this was not overnight! But happy with my progress over the last 4 days. I do feel in control again. Now if I could find the time & energy to exercise.

Happy Birthday Jecrites!! Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Will check in tomorrow. Night
Old 05-23-2003, 12:16 AM   #103  
Enjoying a new beginning

Just a quick hello... this seems to be such a busy time for us all. I"ve been so busy dog-walking that I haven't got my new treadmill put together Hmmm I wonder if I can train the dog to use the treadmill... just kidding. I really hope that Deb repeats this weeks quiz again. I'm sure we can all do better. I'm so proud of all the gals firmly OP. I'm struggling and seem to have a great day followed by a lousy one. Must get more focused.. Have a lovely day everyone..Grin
Old 05-23-2003, 12:38 AM   #104  

Angry Quick and Easy!

Hello, Hello, Hello....
Popped in to say hello to everybody. I was OP today got in the water, even got my walk in today and a little strenght training and I'm very proud of my accomplishments today, in spite of a busy day .

I would like to a this time wish Jecrites a very Happy Birthday!! May you have many, many more. May this be one of the best you've had thus far.

See you all later. It is indeed late. Have a good day tomorrow.

Love,
LjUnel (slim and healthy)

Last edited by agape3737; 05-23-2003 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:42 AM   #105  

Thumbs down a quickie!

OrangeBabe~~~your funnies was very funny, didn't recognize! Now that's bad!!!!

LJunel
Closed Thread