Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What color are your eyes? (closet color from list below)
Aqua/Bright Blue 1 3.33%
Blue 3 10.00%
Light Green 0 0%
Dark Green 5 16.67%
Blue-Green 6 20.00%
Light Brown 0 0%
Dark Brown 4 13.33%
Hazel 9 30.00%
Grey 2 6.67%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 08:34 AM   #31  

Tuesday Morning Quickie!

Hello everyone! I just wanted to get on here and wish everyone a great Tuesday. I tried yesterday, but had time only to post my exercise. I worked the PBS station's action auction last night. So I was down there until nearly 10. Came home and tried to crash, but was so keyed up because of all the fun at the auction. It's funny to come home and turn on the tv set and see right where you just spent a few hours.

Anyways, eating is good. I was up a little bit on the scale yesterday, so am keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow's weight will be back to my new low. Going to pump in the water today like crazy.

I hope you all are well. I hate that I haven't had time to read. Will check in later and hopefully get on chat tonight.

Take care to all my favorite busters of sugar. DEB, I think I'm having lunch with Janice this week if we can find a non-rainy day to sit outside and enjoy the springtime.

Kim
Old 04-29-2003, 08:39 AM   #32  

Default questions for today

1. I used to have a Pria bar for a snack. I know that those are not allowed but I really miss them. Does anyone know a good low carb bar that I can have?

2. What would you consider the calories in 2 - 2 1/2 cups of tossed salad with lettuce, tomato, cukes and some carrot? (only a small amount of tomato, 3 slices of cuke and I shave the carrot)

3. Is the "white" WW flour legal? It says it has the same nutritional info as the regular WW.

Now for the chit chat.......

I did not go to Curves last night. I decided I enjoy doing my 2 mile walk much more so I think I may bag Curves. I kind of feel like a quitter but I was draggin my @$$ there and I don't think that was doing any good. I love being outside and just go for my walk on MY TIME.
I was well behaved in the eating area yesterday and it looks like another good day is ahead of me. I have a tossed salad with turkey, ham and Alpine Lace Swiss in it today with a light ranch dressing. Unfortunately it is bottled ranch. I haven't had time or the ingredients to make it homemade, but plan to next week.
Other than that I am carb free until dinner...if even that today. I am planning on pork chops for dinner. I don't know what to have with them since I am not a veggie eater and I am already having salad for lunch. Any ideas?

Mef: sorry about your sister. Hope she is home and well soon.

Monet: I would love some of your bread recipes too if you have them on the site.

Teensybean: Do you like using Fitday? Does it help you with the numbers that much?

I will catch up with everyone else later.......have a great day.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:24 AM   #33  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone

I didn't get in my walk today. Oh, I got dressed and was ready to go, but I think my "wake-up adrenaline drained between waking up and coming home after taking the kids to school. I didn't get much sleep last night, ELI was snoring up a storm AND had a case of RLS where his legs were moving a mile a minute. When I woke up I felt that I could go walk after I got back but could feel myself draining with each passing minute so I figured why push myself if I really should rest. I even fell asleep for an hour early evening yesterday and woke up 10x more tired than before I fell asleep. I'm hoping for a decent nights rest tonight. May try to get in a nap later. Figured I better do something constructive today so have started folding laundry-there's a ton of it!

BTW, if you did NOT get an e-mail from me yesterday and want to be on my e-mail list please let me know via e-mail. I take my e-mail list from the BIO BOARD and update it accordingly. I've had to delete some old members who've seemed to fallen off the face of the earth. For those of you who've ventured back on the board, like JENN, OVERCOME and others, if you had a BIO on the BIO BOARD it's no longer there, nor is your e-mail in my files, so if you'd like to be back on it, let me know! [email protected]

IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN DOING A TELEPHONE TREE PHONE LIST? Many of you I already talk to on the phone from time-to-time and was wondering if anyone else would be interested in having a telephone list? If so, please e-mail me your 3FC'S SCREEN NAME, E-MAIL ADDRESS & TELEPHONE NUMBER along with TIME ZONE. Once we get a good amount of numbers I will e-mail all those who are listed everyone's info. It's really nice to connect with others we've known for so long on the telly!!!!

Okay, I've been thinking about something for quite a long time and think this should be discussed a bit more in detail. As many of you know, SB recommends that you should limit your starchy carbs to 2-3 a day. I have questioned this in recent months if this should really be the case, a rule for the masses. The reason why is, in the old SB BOOK, the menus they had listed were for maintenance, though it didn't make it clear AND the menus had approx. 1200-1400 calories on average. I now wonder if limiting the starchy carbs to 2-3 a day was based on these menus and for someone who's to eat more due to their weight, that possibly they should be allowed more starchy carbs than someone who's to eat only 1400 calories, as like myself. How can I, a person who should have 1400 calories on maintenance eat 2-3 starchy carbs be the same as a person who eats 2000 calories a day, or one who eats even more? I'm going to try and look in to this a bit further when I get a chance and let you know what I come up with. Any thoughts???

Dad is STILL in the hospital. Don't know when he'll be sprung, but it doesn't look like any time all that soon. He's not a happy camper at all!

Want to get in some replies before I find myself out of time, or energy...

TV, thanks for checking in!!!

JENN, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a serving of oatmeal is 1/3 cup dry, so you actually had 3 servings, 3 servings of starchy carbs for breakfast alone. A servings of grapes is 3oz, so not far off. For the orange, 4.6 ounce is a serving.

JACKK, I think, if we cheat, it really should be with something we REALLY need to make it worthwhile. These half-assed cheats aren't worth all the effort, esp. if we have to pay for it ten-fold. I figured, if I'm going to cheat, might as well do it up right and get whatever it is you're really desiring to have eaten and out of the way! Glad you liked the MM message, I liked the both of them, but really loved the first one! Try not to get too stressed as the day approaches, think about enjoying yourself! And remember, I WANT TO SEE A PICTURE!!!!!

SHEANNE, as you probably read above, I'm wondering about those starchy carbs! But yes, a serving of oatmeal (1/3 cup dry as I pointed out to JENN) is considered a starchy carb serving. Beans are considered a starchy carb AND a protein actually. Just remember, beans have lots of fiber in them and that lowers the actual net impact of the carbs on your body. Just note that if you do use canned beans to make sure you read the label, I was surprised to see many of the beans I bought had added sugar in them! Good luck with meeting all the challenges this week! Do what you can and be proud of what you get accomplished! As for your menu yesterday, hard to say without exact amounts, but it probably a good guess in saying you are way too low.

HEART, isn't it amazing to see where you were and how far you've come! It's so nice when other people notice as well. How did Ashley's play go? What part did she play?

MELF, glad to see you checking in though I'm sorry to hear things are still hectic for you. I am so sorry to hear about your DS, I hope everything goes well with her surgery today. She will be in our thoughts, and please, let us know how she's doing-and how you are doing as well! Sending you lots of {{{HUGS}}}

ROSALIE, can you post that recipe for the soup on the recipe board? I wonder, can you use evaporated milk as well? 1650 calories? That's the lowest I would think you could go. I would personally think more like 1800 calories, but not too far off.

PANCHO, don't worry, may think you are confused but you aren't. This is all knew to you, it's something you don't know about. In asking questions you will learn, it won't be overnight. Just think of this as a learning experience! I can see how my post must of read, not sure why I didn't catch that, but in the second sentence, which is what is important it reads: Anything that is more that 5 grams for one portion (1/2 cup) can't be considered to be a non-starchy veggie. These include: acorn squash, artichokes, beets, burdock root, butternut squash, carrots, corn, green peas, leeks, lima beans, lotus roots, okra, parsnip, potato, pumpkin, rutabagas, sweet potato or yam, turnips. Now, that list being said, we are allowed to have carrots in moderation AND you can have sweet potato, again, in moderation, same goes for pumpkin and squash! Hard to tell you in your area who will have pita bread, but if you are game, I have recipes to make your own! As for the chocolate, my strong suggestion is to forget about it, at least in the beginning. Another one of those things I don't agree on with SB, but Montignacs doesn't suggest it til maintenance, or at least close to it - ESP. if it's a trigger food as it is for me!!! Stay clear of this if you can!!!

TEENSY, I'm sick of driving too-I can empathize with you! Good going with losing inches, don't worry about pounds, you are more than likely gaining muscle and this is going to burn more calories in the long run-good for you! Try adding some more high fiber carbs in your daily intake, that should help! The fat intake is just way too high, esp. for calories being too low. What about calcium? How about some milk? I would probably say to try to add in another fruit serving is you can. Some low-fat cheese possibly. Give it time, and we'll get this tweaked for you!

MONET, still doesn't look like enough food!!! Girl, go eat!!!! Let us know if you hear anything from GRACIOUS!

QUILTER, glad to see your post-missed not hearing from you, but was glad to see your post on the exercise board yesterday! Did you bid on anything yourself in the auction? Sounds like you had fun! LMK if you meet up with Janice!

JANE, not really up on these bars. The only ones I think I tried in the past for the life of me, I can't remember the name of, but they have them in the stores. Just not sure how legal they really are. I would say, if in a bind, in emergency, you can have one BUT make sure you read the labels and chose one that's the least of all the evils. The salad, very minimum calories, esp. when it comes to regular lettuce. Try to use dark green leafy lettuces if you can, like the mesculine mix, at least they have some nutritional value AND some fiber. I would probably think no more than about 20-25 calories in a salad like that. Yes, if you are talking about the white whole wheat flour, it's legal. I buy the KING ARTHUR brand. I agree with walking outside. I had a treadmill YEARS ago that I gave to my Dad cause I just hated it and it ended up as many treadmills in homes all across of America do, as a clothing rack! I'd much rather be outside, though I do have to admit, a treadmill would be nice on rainy days AND during the summer sweltering months! Veggies, I wish I could help, I don't like them much either, though I do like eggplant and zucchini!

Well, TONIGHT IS CHAT AT 9:15PM EST!! Hope you can make it. I plan on being there though I never know who may need the computer at that particular time, though I do try to give forewarnings that I do need it. As usual, homework comes first, but if I can be there, you can be assured that I will be there!

And, TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY! Here's wishing you all wonderful luck with the metal monster tomorrow. I, for one, will not be weighing in until my goal weight anniversary, or at least that's my current thought!

Will check in later!

Toodles

Debbie
Old 04-29-2003, 09:48 AM   #34  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Tuesday Morning!

Morning all! It's another gorgeous day here! And I'm down another 1/2 pound. I have to remember when I get on a good loss roll than I lose in spurts and that this will likely be followed by a week or two where I don't lose anything at all. So y'all help me remember that the next time I stall--ok? The total since Lent began is 18 lbs--about half of what I need to lost to get back to my low!

Pancho--Welcome! It takes some trial and error at first. The old book said 3 grams the new one says 5 grams--most of us stick to the 3 grams of sugars or below rule (unless it is lactose or fructose--as in milk or tomato sauce. Tomato sauce, for example, has about 8 grams of sugar even if there are no added sugars. Those are the natural sugars from the tomatoes and are ok--just read the label to make sure there is no added sugar or corn syrup!).

Jenn--Try the WW pastry flour--it is a bit lighter and will likely do better!

Jane--Sourdough is OK because the fermentation process does something to inhibit the rise of blood sugar--don't ask me what. You do need to make sure it doesn't have added sugars--which is hard to find. I only eat SD bread occasionally and stick to WW bread as a staple. Instant Oatmeal is not what you should be eating--get the regualr steel cut rolled oats. They cook just as fast in the microwave (trust me) and are much better for you! I love Oatmeal with Agave and cinnamon! AS for the agave you can order from Sweetcactusfarms.com.

Deb--18 since Lent started! I think your awesome Kids are a pretty fine accomplishment for you! Not to mention this board. Not to mention getting your weight off and keeping it off. You have plenty to choose from!

Jackie--The wedding is getting so close! Listen--it will ALL get done. I suppose sometime between now and the big day you will have a meltdown, your DD will have a meltdown--everyone will have a meltdown. Best to get those out of the way ASAP--so go ahead and let loose!

Sheanne--Lima beans a starchy carb--say it ain't so!!! They're my fave! ACtually they are about 38 on the GI, which is extremely low, so I wouldn't worry about them.

Heart--You are STILL doing great--it wasn't so long ago you couldn't break through that 200 mark and look where you are now! I should have come to your house for dinner last night!

Mary--Good to hear from you! I will keep your DS in my thoughts and prayers. You too--that shoulder is really giving you a rough time!

Marie--Can you share the soup recipe? Sounds delish!

Colleen--you are doing great on the exercise challenge! 4 inches is a lot and really shows up in your clothes! WTG!

Monet--Don't get me started on church stuff! I saw a sign that said the definition of Presbyterian **** is being stuck in a deadlocked committee with a chairman that won't make a decision--Been there done that! Got to talk about everything at LEAST a dozen times--sheesh. I've got two church meetings tomorrow night.

Kim--Will also keep my fingers crossed that you have a good WIW!

I'm headed to Montgomery this am--will be there most of the day. I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Susan
300/255/150
Old 04-29-2003, 10:01 AM   #35  

Post Tuesday

Hello everyone.

Sorry I haven't been around in about a week. I've had my nose stuck in a book, actually 3 books, but I think I'm done reading for a little bit. I just got hooked in the books and couldn't put them down, anyone else ever done that? Plus I haven't been able to get near the computer because hubby has been on leave to go turkey hunting, and while he's here there's no hope of me getting on here. He goes back to work tomorrow though so except for me packing up this house, I should be on like normal again.

The house is supposed to be ready for us on the 5th, but I'm hoping they won't be done with it until the next week. I think we've got things figured out for the girls school stuff though. We are just going to move some things over a little at a time until the girls get out of school and then move everything else. I'm getting tired already just thinking about it

As of this morning I think I've dropped 2 pounds! For some reason I stay the same up until after TOM has come and gone and then I loose a pound or two. That's fine with me though, at least it's coming off even if it's just a little at a time.

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts and catch up on eveything that's been going on, but I want to say good luck to everyone tomorrow for WIW, hope everyone has a good one!

I gotta run, but I'll be checking back in later on unless hubby takes the computer over.

Jenn
Old 04-29-2003, 10:44 AM   #36  
Wannabe skinny babe

Arrow Any kid-friendly dinner ideas?

Hi everyone,

My menu for today:
1 slice sgww banana bread (counting as 2 starchy carbs because of the banana *sigh*)
1 orange
2 hard boiled eggs
1 med. Green apple
6 oz. Pork
baby carrots
6 oz. Blue Bunny NSA yogurt
3 oz. Grapes

I was supposed to make orange chicken (boneless/skinless chicken breasts in orange juice concentrate put in the slow cooker all day), but I forgot to put it on this morning. Now I have to scramble to think of something for dinner. Darn it, we plan 2 weeks worth of dinner menus at a time and I go and blow it. *grumble*

Any thoughts on Brown Sugar Twin ? I used to use it for Atkins recipes, but haven’t checked it out in a while.

Also, is an artichoke really considered a starchy vegetable? I always thought they were “free”, like broccoli, etc. Bad news for me if they are starch!

Jack-K, good for you on passing on the chips. Every bit helps!

Laurie, that’s great that your friend gave you some added motivation. I hope to be there someday!

Mary, your DS is in my thoughts & prayers.

Marie, thanks for the heads-up on the ripe bananas. Next time I do the bread, I’ll send it all over to the in-laws.

Colleen, I must have missed something somewhere, so forgive me for asking, but what is TBT? Congrats on the inches lost!

Monet, thanks for the Wheat Montana tip. My local upscale store carries their stuff, so I’ll go check it out. Is the white whole wheat legal? (Silly question, it must be if you use it. Duh) Now if I can just find Agave!

Jane, I joined Curves briefly then stopped because the workout was a little boring for me. Funny thing is, after 10 months, they just started charging my bank account again. Grrr!

Deb, I guess I’m confused between calories needed to *lose* weight, and calories needed to maintain, like you are. I thought that the reduced calories were necessary to have the loss, then you add some back to keep your weight. Am I way off base? I guess that’s why I wasn’t too freaked out about eating 1400 calories/day. on the starchy carbs at breakfast.

Susan, congrats on the further loss. 18 lbs. since lent??? Wow!

Jenn, yay on the 2 lbs! I get caught up in books, too. It can be a problem when I avoid my homework by doing other reading.

That’s it for now. Check back with you all later!

Jenn
Old 04-29-2003, 11:19 AM   #37  

Default Trying...

Hello everyone,

It's a beautful day here in Houston....I can see the blue sky from my window and I wish I were outside instead of huddled behind my computer!

This is my second day on SB and so far I haven't bitten anyone's head off, but I do feel a bit light-headed--is that normal?

Also, I was reading the book and what I got out of it was that counting calories are not necessary--is this true? And what about fat grams? I'm just a little confused I guess....but that's why I'm here, to ask questions and gain support!

Decided to forego Curves last night and do a major overhaul on my fridge and pantry. Man, I had no idea how much stuff I used to eat was packed with sugar! Then went to the store and bought about $80 in groceries, and I feel so much better. My workout buddy and I made a pact to go to Curves tonight...

I know I'm going to ask tons more questions over the next week or so until I finally get situated and fully understand everything, so bear with me! You all seem like you know what you're doing, so I think I've come to the right place!

Hunger pangs overtaking....going to eat a handful of mixed nuts and get back to work!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

B
Old 04-29-2003, 11:55 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Tuesday Morning,

Hope everyone is doing great today.

I have been busy working on that program. Almost ready to print.
A friend is coming over tonight to make some bows for the unity candle and my birdcage for cards. I have no talents. DSis is making the bows for the pews.

Heartmom, what a nice compliment from your friend to get you motivated.

Melf, prayers for your DS> Hope things go ok.

Rosalie, I would love the recipe for the cream of broccoli soup. Please post it.

Monet, did you hear the earthquake in Alabama last night?

Teensy, Wow 4". That is wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Kim, I was starting to wonder about you. Glad you had fun at the auction. I'm always keyed up after Bunco and can't get to sleep. Keeping my figners crossed for you to get a now low tomorrow.

Jane, I like walking on my time too. So much easier. How abut 1/2 a sweet potato for dinner.

Deb, I think your idea on the starchy carbs is right on. I know WW does that depending on your weight and men get more too. I always wondered how a man could survive on 2-3 starch carbs. My DH does it and he normally eats 4 pc of ww bread a day.

Susan, 18 pounds for Lent is awesome. Just keep up the good work. You are on a roll right now. Hope it doesn't end. Did you feel the earthquake last night? I think I had that meltdown Sunday.

Jecrites, Congrats on the 2lbs. i think you plan for moving is a good one. You won't get worn out all at once.

Jenn can you switch another nights dinner for tonight? Maybe soemthing that doesn't have to cook so long. I have only used the Brwon Sugar twin a little. Seems to have an after taste.

Star, Welcome to our group. Lots of support here. Ask all the questions you need to. Someone will have an answer. Maybe you need to eat a little more if you are light headed. Or eat more frequently. Protein seems to help better. Eat some cheese or something.

Have a great day.

Jackie
257/154/145
10-10-01
Old 04-29-2003, 12:21 PM   #39  

Morning!

Here it is Tuesday, and I have already been a bad girl! Shame on Monet!

Jumped right back on program this morning with oatmeal and blueberries. Boy do I love that. Thank you Rosalie and Quilter!

I have a friend coming over for coffee at nine. I have been trying to get her on SB for ages. I KNOW she has a thyroid problem, but her doctor is old school and thinks she is ok. Some days, I want to weep for her. I see myself 10 years ago in her situation, and wish I could spare her a lot of pain and misery.

SHEANNE: I put my bread recipe on the board a while ago. Not sure where it is, but here it is again: (I have a bread machine, and mix the dough in the machine, but take it out, knead it, then shape it and raise it and bake it by hand.)

2 cups warm water
4.5 cups Wheat Montana Prairie Gold whole wheat flour
4 T vital wheat gluten (this makes a lighter, softer product)
1 T salt
2 T agave, or 1 T sugar for yeast
4 T peanut oil
1.5 teaspoons quick rise yeast

In the ABM, put in in order given. Set for dough. When done, punch down, knead a few times lightly, form two loaves, let rise until just above top of pan. Bake at 375 for about 30 min. Remove from oven, and pans , cool on wire rack.

Check the Wheat Montana web page for places near you that carries their flour. It does make a difference!

TEENSY: Do you use butter to scramble your egg? Do you use light mayo? Hellmans (or Best Foods in the west...) light is very good, and will cut the fat in half. I also get the very lean ground beef, which saves a lot of fat. I struggle to keep my fat intake down too. Not sure if I have any great tips to pass on. I try to make sure those I do eat are the monosaturated types, like olive and peanut.

PANCHO: I find two brands of ww pitas that are legal around here. Tofayan, and Middle Eastern Baking Company. The MEBC is a local company, and I go to their outlet store a lot to get pitas. Hope you can find some 100% ww ones! If all else fails, you can make them! They are great right out of the oven!

I started this several hours ago, and then STUFF happened! The phone rang, someone came to the door, and I just got back and found I never finished! Sorry! Will be back later to catch up!
Old 04-29-2003, 12:47 PM   #40  

Hey All

Thought I'd get in a post before I had to get the kids from school, or at least one of the kids, possibly one has to stay later, meaning 2 trips! ELI wants me to come to STARBUCKS tonight, they are having music and a little bday party for 2 of the employees. I think I'll let it slide, I don't want to go a third time, or actually, it would be a fourth time in that area-it's right near the school. I have those days that I despise driving and they seem to be getting more frequent!

FILLISE, you go girl! My goodness, you'll be at 20lbs before you know it. This Lent is a good thing! So good that they made it year round in Alabama, I hear! It's really awesome to see such a great loss!!!

JEC, my nose gets stuck in books, though they are mostly cookbooks. You'd think I was some bigtime lover of cooking with the hundreds that I have, but no way What are you reading that's so good that you can't put down? I've read a few books like that in my life, but not many. I use to love to read, esp. juicy books!

JENN, you DO know that bananas really aren't on this WOE, though I do know of people who've eaten bananas and had no problems meeting their goal weight. Usually though banana bread, the bananas are usually over-ripe, the worst way you could eat a banana on this WOE if you wanted to. Was what you listed breakfast and/or lunch? Never used the Twin sugars, I try to stay away from that kind of stuff, though I do think others on the board may have and possibly can tell you what they think of it. When you are trying to lose weight you don't want to cut your calories way down. "Experts" say not to cut your caloric intake more than 500-700 calories a day (300 if you have less to lose), if you cut too much you're metabolism will slow down. Here's an example: a person who weighs 250 pounds and was moderately active would take in approx. 3000 calories to maintain that weight. 2300 calories would be the MAX they should cut their calories down (they get whittled down as the weight comes off). Say that person had a goal weight of 130lbs. A person who weighs 130 pounds would have to take in approx. 1550 calories. Is that person who is 250 pounds ate the caloric intake of their goal weight they'd be cutting their caloric intake almost in half, the body can't handle that and will think it's starving and will go into starvation mode, thus lowering the metabolism and slowing down the weight loss if not stopping all together. Not eating enough can be just as bad as eating to much.

STAR You'll be happy to know you are among quite a few Texans on this board, though I do believe you are the only one from Houston. What you are experiencing is VERY normal and should disappear in a couple days. It's your body detoxing from the sugars. It's like a drug withdrawl. Hopefully, you'll never have to experience what it feels like when you eat sugar again either-like a druggie who's been clean but once they get a taste of that drug again, WATCH OUT! There are many things in the SB BOOK that are misleading, confusing, contradictory and things I just plain don't agree with, but that's my opinions, esp. the last part. I do believe calories count, they have to! SB recommends that no more than 30% of your intake come from fat, if calories weren't important, how the heck are you suppose to know if you are getting that 30% or not? You've definitely come to the right place, not only for us to help answer your questions and guide you, but for wonderful support from some great people all in the same boat and all trying to acheive the same goals. We're happy to have you aboard!

JACKK, I don't know if you put this before or not, suffering from CRS syndrome here, but how many people are expected at the wedding? I'm really bound and determined to find out more info on the starchy carb issue. There has to be more to it. I just can't see where I can eat 3 at goal weight and someone who has to lose 100 pounds can have the same. Will have to delve in to the web a bit more and see what I can scrounge up!

Okay, I'm outta here. Still have some clothes to fold on the couch, basically my stuff. I have one of those FLIP N FOLDS which makes folding my work-out shirts a lot easier and faster!

Toodles

Deb
Old 04-29-2003, 01:10 PM   #41  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon.

Howdy all. I've been reading even though I haven't posted in a few days. I think all that walking and not eating enough finally caught up with me. I had to take a few days off. I did get in almost 26 miles last week. It feels funny not to be walking right now. I did get out and mow for about 40 minutes yesterday and will try to do that again today.

Welcome Star! I'm in Texas also....near Lake Livingston. And I agree it is beautiful today. As for counting calories..I know that some do but I don't. That's one of the reason I chose this plan. I get to hung up on numbers if I am not careful.

Jenn....if you can find it I think the Sir Authur flour has the best texture of the WW that I have found. I made some bread with it and it was very light and delicious.

Jack-K...the wedding is getting so close. I just know it's going to be so wonderful. You are going to look like the bomb....there are rules about showing up the bride.. Just teasin'...I know your daughter is going to be a vision. There is nothing as beautiful as a woman in love walking down that isle.

jecrites....I just finshed a book also. First time the kids have let me in a while.

Susan...18 pounds is great! You'll be at an all time new low very soon.

((Kim)) those scales will come right back down. I LOVE going to auctions. It's been ages. I have this cute little coffee table in here that I won for 12.50....first bid I ever won..LOL I'm cheap and won't go real high.

Welcome Poncho! You will have all this down pat in no time. You'll find which things work best for you and settle into a way of eating that you can do for life.

I am missing half of ya'll....please forgive me and know that I LOVE you ALL! The kids are on a tear. Gotta go handle em. Have a blessed day.

Love,
Crystle

235/149/140-135
Old 04-29-2003, 01:10 PM   #42  

Default Checkin in

I just thought I would share.......I put my food intake for today into FitDay as Rosalie and Teensybean do and the numbers are:

Total calories for the day 1503
Fat 28%
Carbs 30%
Protein 41%

Unless I am mistaken that is good right? This is including dinner by the way just not the wine that I may have

I liked that web site except for having to search for all the foods and adding custom ones if they didn't have any but it was a good way to see if I was in check for the day. Might be a handy tool to use once in a while to keep an eye on how I am doing percentage wise.

I went shopping at lunch because none of my friends were taking lunch today it seemed. I went to Pier 1 Imports. I bought some wine glasses. My husband keeps breaking them in the dishwasher. I hope these ones aren't too tall. They look like they may be If they are then it is back to the store tomorrow.

I just had my lunch and if I remember right I am not supposed to have fruit for a hour or so after I eat. Is that correct? I REALLY want my orange!
Old 04-29-2003, 02:17 PM   #43  

For those of you who are NOT on my mailing list (see what you could be missing...) check out the site below and scroll down to analyze your menu!

http://www.thedietdiary.com/diet/nut...ritionLog.html
Old 04-29-2003, 02:44 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

DEB- Ashley was in a "group" Earth Day play so she didn't have an individual part.

Man, it was 9:30 before we ate last night!! I was so hungry that I ate about 3 times the amount I would normally have and then while the chicken was cooking I was so hungry that I ate 2 servings of triscuits with Smuckers peanut butter. I can't believe the scale didn't show a gain today. Still at 193. Told hubby that I will NEVER eat that late again. Well, I haven't exercised in a week or so, so it's time to get my butt back into gear. Plan on doing the 2 mile tape today. For breakfast I made a strawberry smoothie(I'm addicted,lol) and for lunch I made chicken salad with the leftover chicken from last night. It was sooo good but had more fat than I needed. Put some onion, celery, pickles, egg, mayo, salt and pepper in it and ate a slice of Nature's Own red carb bread with it. Took out some sirloin steaks for supper. Going to grill them and make a salad and sweet potatoes with it. Well, that's it for now.
Old 04-29-2003, 02:50 PM   #45  
Wannabe skinny babe

Unhappy Bored and wanting to snack

Hi all, just a quick check-in here. How do you keep from munching at work (if you sit at a computer all day like me)? I was thinking SF gum might help?

What's the carb/fat/protein ratio we're supposed to be shooting for? 40-30-30?

Hi Star, isn't it amazing what they put sugar in and you don't even realize it?

Jack-K, how exciting you're almost done! I'm sure the results will be wonderful. I am trying to figure out what to cook tonight. Tomorrow night is pizza (I am at school, so I won't eat it!), and Thursday was chicken nuggets for the kidlet, and pork chops for the grownups, but I haven't taken them out of the freezer. I guess I'll come up with something.

Monet, my doc says my thyroid is "normal", but I swear it's not. I am tired all the time, even with iron supplements and all the tests being in the "normal" range. Oh well.

Deb, yes I know bananas are a Funny thing is I don't even like them! I just had a bunch that Dan didn't eat, hence the bread. I froze the rest of the loaf, so I won't be tempted to snack on it. I am also curious how your research into the levels of starchy carbs goes. Keep us informed!

Crystle, thanks for checking in. Sounds like you have been walking a LOT!

Jane, so far on FitDay I'm at 34% carbs, 38% fat, 27% protein, at 1042 calories. Cool tool, thanks!

ttfn,

Jenn

Last edited by Jenn in MN; 04-29-2003 at 03:30 PM.
Closed Thread