Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 3/17-3/23

You're on Page 1 of 11
Go to
View Poll Results: Typically, how many servings of veggies, excluding lettuce, do you eat each day?
SEE CHART IN POST ON FIRST PAGE FOR SERVING SIZES OF VEGGIES
0%
3.85%
3.85%
19.23%
26.92%
23.08%
15.38%
7.69%
0%
8 or more
0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

• This is the
    SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
    where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
    TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
    WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
    THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
    FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
    THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
    THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
    MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
    MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
    SB 2002 BIO BOARD
    SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=25757

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

• GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
    MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
    done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 3 of them to read today:

IT ADDS UP

Getting ahead often requires only a little bit more effort than falling behind. Yet that small amount of extra effort can make an enormous difference in the results you achieve.

The way to move ahead with just a little more effort is to apply that effort consistently and reliably. For example, an extra twelve minutes of work each weekday adds up to an additional hour's worth of effectiveness every week.

The efforts you're already making can be enormously leveraged by adding just a little bit extra to them. Because those little bits quickly add up over time.

Whenever you're tempted to give a little less than necessary to a task, do yourself a favor and give a little more than necessary. If you're going to miss the mark, overshoot it rather than undershooting it. When you make the effort, go ahead, give a little more, and truly make it great.

-- Ralph Marston

NOW IS WHEN

Now is when life happens. Now is when your efforts can turn your goals and dreams into your reality. Now is when what you say you're going to do becomes what you actually get accomplished. Now is when the value you intend to create can be surely and steadily brought into existence.

Now is when you can put to use everything you've learned and all you've experienced. Now is when the opportunities and possibilities can be transformed into real fulfillment. Now is when you can mold your life and shape your world according to your highest and best vision. Now is when you can truly make a difference.

Now is the time to act, for there is no other that's available to you. Yesterday cannot be changed and tomorrow is not yet here. What matters is what you're doing today, now that you have the opportunity to act. Now is when you can make it great, so live it for all it's worth.

-- Ralph Marston
    CHOOSE A CHALLENGE

Would you like to energize your life, grow stronger and more confident? Then choose a challenge for yourself, something positive and meaningful to you, something that will push you to the next level.

Have you ever noticed that, on days when you have a lot of work to do, you get a lot done? And on days when you don't have much you have to do, you don't get much done. Just as your effort increases to meet the job that must be done, so too do you grow enough to meet the challenges that you take on. Becoming the person you want to be is largely a matter of following the challenges that will take you there.

Sure, you already have a lot of challenges in your life. So why would you choose to take on any more? Because by choosing your challenges you take powerful, positive control over the direction of your life. By choosing to take on a challenge, you express confidence in a way that cannot be denied.

Choose a challenge, one that will take you far. Then push it, prod it, hold on to in and enjoy the magnificent ride.

-- Ralph Marston
    Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
    194/1??/129
    SB since 3/22/00
    Reached goal 6/10/01
  • VEGETABLE SERVING SIZES

Vegetable Group

Each serving contains approximately 25 calories, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g protein, 0 g fat

1 cup raw leafy vegetables (e.g. kale, spinach, romaine, arugula, bibb lettuce, iceburg lettuce, watercress)

1 cup raw vegetables (e.g. carrots, broccoli, asparagus, leeks, onions, beets, green beans, cauliflower, peppers, celery, cucumber, water chestnuts, zucchini)

½ cup cooked vegetable (e.g. see above for raw)

6 ounces most vegetable juices
  • Here's a quick Monday Morning Greeting!!!

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and are ready to hit Monday with a keen focus and a heaping serving of motivation. Let's really work hard this week and stay on track. I'm determined to have a good week. Yesterday in my journal I wrote that I only had FIVE days out of the past SEVEN that I was proud of as far as my eating was concerned. This is NOT GOOD ENOUGH for me. How can I expect to have a successful WIW, if I can only do five good days. So I am determined to have seven straight days of good eating and good exercise. Anybody with me on this one????

DEB---I love the poll. I'll have to measure my salad tonight and see exactly how many servings I am getting of spinach and greens. Will post on that later.

MONET---WTG, girlfriend, getting on that TM on Sunday. You are doing great! Do whatever it takes to keep moving that thing . . . your bootie!

JACKK---My arms were sore the first day from raking. But yesterday the backs of my thighs were SCREAMING. All that bending from the waist really stretched the "lower ladies" out and they were not happy about it. We went shopping yesterday and I kept feeling the pangs. But that didn't keep me from walking all over Loews and Sam's club. No sirree!!! I'm thrilled to hear all about your new purchases for the weddings. And so happy to hear that you even got a size 8!!!! That's so wonderful!!!! Keep on working. You're going to be the thinnest person at the wedding! I can't even begin to wrap my brain around that concept for me. Because so much of my life I've been the heaviest person in every room. You are doing so GREAT!!!!!

Gotta run. I've got a zit the size of Idaho beside my nose and I've got to figure out how to camouflage it without drawing attention to it. Perhaps a bandaid would be the best route.

Take care. And Catch you later!
    Kim
  • Good Morning Everyone:

Deb., I love those motivational moments. I have been on this board for only a shot while but I feel so motivated by all of the posts that I have read so far. I am glad you posted about the chat on the other board. I had seen this board before that time but never took the time to look into it very deeply. Thank You!

Quilter

I’m with you this week! Past week or so I have been in a stall, and I am sure a lot of it has to do with not eating correctly. Friday and Saturday DW and I went looking for a vacation/weekend house, trailer/cabin type of thing. Eating was not overly bad, but not 100%. Will try to stay with the correct food all week.

I’m sorry I don’t know all of you yet, but I do wish you all a good week.

This is getting to be my busy time of year, so I will be in and out but try to at least read your posts if not respond.
  • Happy St Patricks Day!! Remember, the closer to get to goal, the steeper the climb. We need to work harder to achieve our goals, but it will be so worth it once we are there.

My ds left-I was pretty heartbroken to say bye to him. But we had a wonderful week so I have lots of good memories to dwell on until I see him again. My challenge this week is to journal my eating and my feelings--it's about time I start. Son #2 is arriving Wednesday for his spring break. He is the one at Ohio State. I love all these visits.

Deb-Your knowledge is huge. Teensy is so lucky to have you as a guide.

Jackie-You deserve lots of pats on the back. You finished the charms, and you got 6 days of exercise in-WTG. I bet you had fun shopping--size 8 is tiny. Your hard work is paying off. Have you heard from dd? That sounds like a sweet cab driver. Could he have an arrangement with the 2nd motel LOL? I'm sorry I'm such a cynic.

Hi Kim-I'm glad your winter is almost over. What a doozy!

Tom-Are you an accountant? I'm just guessing because you said this is your busy time of year,

Crystle-You are gorgeous, girl. I'm glad your dh realizes it,.

I am trying to type from memory from last week's board and can't remember anything else. Pitiful! I will check in later.
  • Happy St. Patty's Day.

Does everyone have there green on today? If not, you might get pinched!. For me I don't own any green so I'm hoping for the pinches.

Going to be a nice day here again. Yesterday was simply gorgeous. Tomorrow and Wed they are calling for rain.

Monet, I know it is frustrating, but think of the alternative. At least 43 pounds are gone for good. Things will happen. Good for you giving it a little eaxtra on the TM. We are motivating or just scarry.

Quilter, I'm with you on the 7 days of good eating. Hope you aren't as sore today. Have a great one!

Tom, Welcome to our board. Glad you decided to join us. There sure is a lot of support and help here. Jump right on in when you can.

Lin, I don't think the cab driver had any arrangements. He actually took them to the first one and she saw a lot of "ladies of the night" and she was scarred. I'll just be glad to have her home especially if war breaks out this week.

Deb, brought one of the pot pies for lunch. Check out my questions on them on last weeks board if you didn't already. I'll let you know how I like them.

have a nice OP day.

Jackie
    257/159/145
    10-10-01
  • GOOD MONDAY MORNING!
    What a glorious morning it is here! Spring has finally arrived in Canada--well, at least my little part of it! Walked DS to school and I was really hot coming back, even with my jacket open. As soon as I got in the door, I opened all the windows and changed into shorts! It's a balmy 35F here! Going to get up to about 54F later. The only thing I don't like about this time of year is that it's so mucky with the snow melting.

Sorry I didn't even look at the board after Wednesday last week when I quickly popped in with my WIW. It was March break and we were busy, I got a cold and I was working on my niece's sweater (finished it in the car yesterday on the way to the party! )

I had the "eating week from ****" last week. So much junk food! A couple of times I didn't have much of a choice, but I could have made better choices (like NOT get the fries) than I did. SIL had KFC for lunch for niece's party--UGH--so greasy. I didn't want dinner. Ended up making grilled cheese on WW and then around 9:30 last night I REALLY wanted a salad! My body told me to eat something green. So I made up a big bowl with lettuce, cauli, couple baby carrots and some snow peas. That really hit the spot. Today I'm craving water. Just downed my first 16oz.

Saw myself on video taken the other day. YUCK! the rolls! EEWW, EEWWW, EEWWW!!!! Talk about incentive to get my butt moving! It was a good wake up call.

I'm going to get along now. The beautiful day has put me in the mood for spring cleaning! And I have some errands that I have to run--actually, I'll be walking as DH has the car!

BPTOM--welcome to the board. it's nice to have a guy's point of view on things. I hope you're not shy cause we talk about almost everything here!

I'll try to check in later!
  • Good Monday Morning Everyone

Just got in from my walk. Thought I wasn't going to get one in today as it rained all last night. I didn't get much sleep with the lightening and thunder, but it stopped right before I took the kids to school, so there wa NO excuse not to go. It took me 54:49 to do my 4.5 miles which isn't so bad considering not only was I tired but for some weird reason my ankles were stiff and sore

I have to jump in the shower and get ready for my yoga class, so only a few minutes to get in a quick post and then I'll have to continue on when I get home later.

QUILTER, congrats on starting off your Monday on the right AND left foot!!! Hope you get to spend more time with your niece while she's there. What a great profession she's chosen!

TEENSY, there's quite a number of cheeses out there that are lower fat. CABOTS has one that's 50% AND one that's 75% that are both good. Even the little wedges of Laughing Cow cheese which is great to spread is lf. Carob should be available at any HFS. Sometimes in bulk and/or in cans. It's pretty cheap AND I think it tastes great! I have Splenda and love my stevia! I use packets mostly, though I do have the liquid, just easier for me with the packets. As mentioned, you can use agave in your bread if you can find it, but don't worry if you can't, if the recipe calls for such a small amount that when you slice a piece of bread it's under the 3gram rule, it will be fine. Most of the time it's a teaspoon or less and divided by the servings in a loaf it's not negligible. I use a spray or olive oil, depending on what I'm burning, I mean cooking. I use butter over margarine. Love spgti squash, enjoy it, I do believe it's a summer variety. Hmmm, my fav. veggies, if I don't have to cook them myself, eggplant, spinach, zucchini-I'm def. NOT a big veggie lover! Agave, natural sweetener from a plant grown in Mexico. It has a GI of 39 and can be used in many applications-it reminds me of thinner corn syrup in taste. Can only be found at a HFS and probably only under the SWEET CACTUS FARMS label. Yes, you can use the ww flour for your meat AND it can be cooked with the potatoes, the starch won't leach in to the other foods in the pot. Keep asking those questions, you're learning!!!!!

HEART, all that fried food, I'd be afraid of heart burn and indigestion! Never really liked all that much fried food, thank goodness. No, just give me the ice cream, candy and cookies, and I was happy!!!

JACKK, can't say they had good weather down here yesterday, major storms, some hail. Better today. Glad the cabby knew of a better place, though surprised he took them to Mirimar, a little further south than the airport. Just ask long as they're in a safe place. Girl, you definitely don't know what you sayeth, there are handfulls and mounds of fat on me still, ufortunately! Trust me, I don't lie, the girls can tell you, it's there. You want the pot pie that says made with whole wheat flour on the front, it's the one without the potatoes and doesn't have the sugar. You'll love them!!!

MONET, I've hit many a stall on my way down to goal, it happens to everyone, unfortunately. The scale will start moving just as mysteriously as it stops, don't you worry!

Okay, I really gotta run, I'm running late. Will try to get back on later today, if not, hopefully tonight. LAUREN has a drama competition tonight at the Youth Fair and we have to be there by 6ish I think.

Will pick up with the new board later on.

Have a great week!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
  • Poop!

Yoga class was cancelled. Got all the way there to only find out her car broke down. Oh well At least I got in my walk today!

Spoke to my DM this morning. Dad is going in for tests later this afternoon and from there, not sure, just waiting to hear about the next step.

Since no one's posted since my post I'm just going to continue on here...

QUILTER, remember, don't count lettuce, unless you use the mesucline baby salad mix, that at least has some nutritional value, but iceburg, what people use most, doesn't have a thing, so that's why I said to omit the lettuce.

TOM, glad you like the MM messages I post. I've printed many of them out and when times get tough I refer to the words on those papers and it really does bring me back to focus. I hope as you have the time you'll continue to read some of the other boards with all the information that's posted on there, some stuff that's not only interesting but very helpful as well. Hope you can make it to chat tomorrow night, we missed you last week

LIN, glad you had a good time with DS and I'm sure you'll have a good time with DS #2 when he arrives. Did you take any pictures that you can post - we'd love to see you and DS!

JACKK, I only have a dark green t-shirt that's green, though I haven't a clue who has it because it sure isn't in my drawer. Doubt I have to worry about getting pinched though. LMK which pot pie you ended up with. It counts basically as one starchy carb since there's only 18 grams of carbs in it. ENJOY! I'm cooking one as I type How much did you have to pay for it?

ZANNE, have fun cleaning in such nice weather and do make sure you post that on the board, it's exercise for sure! I'm sure the pics of yourself aren't all that bad, we are our own worst critics. To this day it's hard for me to graciously accept a compliment about myself.

Okay, I'm outta here. Going to go eat my delicious pot pie and look at a set of books that arrived today. Have another new book coming this week that I'm excited about getting. Do wish I could get excited about wanting to make something from all these books!

Toodles

Debbie
  • Whoo-hoo!
    In addition to my clothes fitting better and my husband noticing the loss (I have a large frame and can carry a lot of weight--not that I should! ), I've also noticed that my PMS cravings aren't as bad. One more reason for this WOE.
    My husband and I can clearly see Goldie's abdomen distended just a bit when she's laying on her side. I'm taking her in to the vet for x-rays in another 2-3 weeks, but I have a feeling that it won't be good news.
  • Morning all! Woke up to rain and storms here this morning--at looks like it will be wet most of the week.

I've been awol this weekend, just cause I was so busy. Eating was fine--made it through the forensics tournamnt and resisted the muffins--we escaped for lunch and I had a bowl of she-crab soup, then when I got to the church dinner, they had not a thing I would eat (except dill pickles) so I snacked on the pickles and when to IHOP and had breakfast for dinner! But it is days like that when I get tempted to throw in the towel--everytime I wanted to (expecially around those muffins) I kept remembering it was Lent. Now I just have to figure out how to make Lent go all year-round!

Kim--Belle spends a large part of her day in front of either my living room windows or the sliding glass door in my office, where she watches all the birds, squirrels, and where there a two stray kittens that come to visit her every day. So I suppose it is like Kitty-TV for her!

Monet--I HATE it when that happens!!!!! It's bad enough when you know you've been bad, but when you've done everything you are supposed to and nothing is budging, then it really sucks! But given your body's resistence to losing weight think about how much larger you would be if you were not eating a healthy diet. In a real sense those are pounds and inches lost too! I began this WOE when I weighed 300 pounds and I am cinvinced that if I had not I'd easily be between 325 and 350 now. So I think we should claim victory over those lbs too!

Deb--Sorry I missed you (again) but I didn't get home until after 10 Saturday (and about the same time last night). I'm going to have to try that brisket!

Heart--You are looking GORGEOUS girl! There is a major difference--and don't you forget it!

BOB--I cannot BELEIVE that Bama got into the NCAA tourny! They must be bribing someone on the committee. We will be coming to Tampa on Monday. Is there anywhere to get some Agave down there? My HFS stopped carrying it here and I'm down to 1 and 1/2 bottles!

OK--Miss Belle wants to snuggle now.

Have a good day everyone!

Susan
    300/270/150 (Up 1.5, but TOM is due this week)
  • HAPPY ST PADDIES DAY EVERY BUDDY!!!

Here's a cute little dittie for y'all!!!

Pregnant Lady

COURT DOCKET - CASE OF THE PREGNANT LADY

A lady about eight months pregnant got on a bus.
    She noticed the man opposite her was smiling at her.
    She immediately moved to another seat.

This time the smile turned into a grin, so she moved
    again. The man seemed more amused. When, on the
    fourth move, the man burst out laughing, she complained
    to the driver and he had the man arrested.

The case came up in court. The judge asked the man
    (about 20 years old) what he had to say for himself.
    The man replied, "Well your Honor, it was like this..
    When the lady got on the bus, I couldn't help
    but notice her condition. She sat under a sign that
    said, "The Double Mint Twins are coming" and I
    grinned. Then she moved and sat under a sign that
    said, "Slogan's Liniment will reduce the swelling",
    and I had to smile. Then she placed herself under a
    sign that said, "William's Big Stick Did the Trick",
    and I could hardly contain myself. BUT your Honor,
    when she moved the fourth time and sat under a sign
    that said, "Goodyear Rubber could have prevented
    this Accident"... I just lost it.

BOB
  • Good Afternoon!

I don't know where the weekend went so quickly that I never had a chance to get online. I am taking a couple of days off from work to do some things with my DD while she is on spring break. It feels so good to be home on a Monday. This afternoon we are going shopping and to see the movie "Bringing Down the House". Tomorrow we might go to the beach if the weather is nice. I'm glad she doesn't seem to mind being seen with Casper the friendly ghost in a bathing suit.

Quilter - I'm with you for 7 days of good eating and I will make the commitment to exercise. Still haven't made it the gym to use my membership that is going to waste. I don't know what happened to me yesterday, however, I was craving sweets - BIG TIME - and ate everything I could find. I don't have days like that too often - thank goodness. I am back on track today and determined to stay OP. I got a good laugh at the description of your zit._ I think a big bandaid is just what you need. Even better would be colorful one - like SpongeBob. No one would notice the zit, for sure.

BPTom - welcome to the board. Glad you decided to join us.

lin - sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your son and can look forward to another visit this week. How old are you sons? Good luck with your challenge on the journaling.

Jackie - WooHoo on the size 8! I'm trying to remember the last time I was that size and think it was about 5th grade. _ Do you have a small frame? I weighed about 125 in high school, wasn't overweight and wore a size 10/12. I don't think I can ever get to a size 8 again. I can't wait to see pictures of you after the wedding that I just know you're going to post!

Zanne - Pictures of ourselves can sure be good motivators can't they? I don't even like to look in a full view mirror or it can be too depressing. Just getting on the scale every week is all I need. Have fun with your "Spring Cleaning".

Deb - I was sorry to read about your father's cancer. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. I'm going to try a brisket like you made - it sounds so yummy! I like your idea from last weeks posts to reward myself with a trip to Miami when I get down to 199._ Think I will take you up on that idea. I'll give you a call soon to talk more about it.

Dawnstorm - how tall are you with your large frame? I'm so sorry about your Goldie having problems. I wish you the best for her. My heart is especially tender toward animals. I miss my boy Miles so much.

Fillise - I am so impressed that you were so busy and stayed OP! Good Job! My two kittens enjoy looking out the window also, but their biggest interest is watching the computer screen and trying to catch whatever is moving around on it. They are so fun and delightful at 7 mos._

BOB- love the funny. Thanks for the good laugh!

Time to get ready for shopping and the movie! Have a great day everyone!

Wendy
  • Howdy!
    Just stickig my head in to say hi and that's I'm readin the post. Off to watch a little t.v. before it's time to mow.

Love,
    Crystle