Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WATER DO YOU USUALLY DRINK IN A TYPICAL DAY?
I'm like a camel, I hardly ever drink water! 1 2.86%
16 ounces or less (2 glasses) 4 11.43%
16-32 ounces (2-4 glasses) 5 14.29%
32-48 ounces (4-6 glasses) 7 20.00%
48-64ounces (6-8 glasses) 9 25.71%
64-80 ounces (8-10 glasses) 2 5.71%
80-96 ounces (10-12 glasses) 1 2.86%
96 ounces or MORE! I'm a walking water tank!!!! 4 11.43%
I haven't a clue! 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 04:30 PM   #121  
Mel

I don't know where you all get these, but they are hilarious!

mel
Old 02-28-2003, 04:41 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Getting ready to head to happy hour. Think I'll drink ice tea tonight. This is our last one for awhile since Lent starts next week and on Friday's our church has fish frys and DH & I work at them each week. Nice change. We are having all the Feb & March Family birthdays this Sunday at my sisters. I get to bring the ice cream cake. That doesn't seem quite right.

Quilter, good for you getting on that TM even w/o your partner. That's dedication. I was impressed with the exercise board too being on page 3. I told Deb I think we should continue this challenge for a whole month. Thanks for the tip on the beads. My DD has a friend who makes jewlry so she is going to do some and show us how to do it. I'll call you if I need you. Thanks for the offer. My thoughts when I go to exercise, I can't wait for this to be finished Not really. I love wt training. And always do more than I need to once I get started. It's just the mind set of getting started. Everything I do, I look forward to the end. I am so impatient.

Deb, for you getting out there this morning and doing your whole walk. It's not the time it takes, it's that you did it at all, especially considering those obstacles. You really need to work on that last one :blush:

Monet, Good job staying OP at your lunch. I knew you could do it. Ky has a telemarketer block that we can put on our phone numbers. It's great. No more calls at dinner. You are scarrying me. I thought once my DD got her own home she would be neater. Now you tell me your still isn't? They are in big trouble.

Serene, so glad you came back. We have missed you. You will be at your low in no time and then passing it by. I'm proud of you staying OP even though you haven't been to the boards. Don't forget to come back. I definately want to be a bear.

Fillise, now don't going running around wildly after midnight just b/c you have insurance. Have a great weekend.

Country, Can't answer any of your questions, I have necer done a TM. Keep on, those pounds will come off. Who knows why we go up & down as we do.

IDBlond, glad to hear from you. Glad you knew where to come back to. WTG on dropping those pounds quickly. Hope you make your May goal. Don't change your identity. We love you as who you are. Glad you are controlling the rsd and not letting it control you.

Deb, I'm ROTHLMAO. Great jokes.

Sef, You had better take it easy and not overdo. You are making me yearn for New Orleans. I was there pre-Fat Tuesday a couple years ago and enjoyed the parades, but Bourbon St was scarry it was so crowded. We are maybe planning a trip back in Oct. I just love NO. I remember proms. Finding just the right dress. Then the fight over what happens after the prom.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay OP and keep posting on that exercise board.

Jackie
257/161/145
10-10-01
Old 02-28-2003, 04:43 PM   #123  
sef

HiedeiHo All!

OOPS!! Almost forgot FF!

Dear Ma and Pa:

Am well. Hope you are.

Tell Brother Walt and Brother Elmer the Army beats working for Old Man Minch a mile. Tell them to join up quick before maybe all the places are filled.

I was restless at first because you got to stay in bed till nearly 6 AM, but am getting so I like to sleep late. Tell Walt and Elmer all you do before breakfast is smooth your cot and shine some things - no hogs to slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay. Practically nothing.

Men got to shave, but it is not bad, they got warm water. Breakfast is strong on trimmings like fruit juice, cereal, eggs, bacon, etc., but kind of weak on chops, potatoes, beef, ham, steak, fried eggplant, pie and regular food. But tell Walt and Elmer you can always sit between two city boys that live on coffee. Their food plus yours holds you till noon, when you get fed again.

It's no wonder these city boys can't walk much. We go on "route marches," which, the Sgt. says, are long walks to harden us. If he
thinks so, it is not my place to tell him different. A "route march" is about as far as to our mailbox at home. Then the city guys all get sore feet and we ride back in trucks.

The country is nice, but awful flat. The Sgt. is like a schoolteacher. He nags some. The Capt. is like the school board. Colonels and Generals just ride around and frown. They don't bother you none.

This next will kill Walt and Elmer with laughing. I keep getting medals for shooting. I don't know why. The bull's-eye is near as big as a chipmunk and don't move. And it ain't shooting at you, like the Higgett boys at home. All you got to do is lie there all comfortable and hit it. You don't even load your own cartridges. They come in boxes.

Be sure to tell Walt and Elmer to hurry and join before other fellows get onto this setup and come stampeding in.

Your loving daughter, Gail

P.S. Speaking of shooting, enclosed is $200 for barn roof and Ma's
teeth. The city boys shoot craps, but not very good.
==============================================

One day, Thibodeaux was walking down Main Street when he saw his buddy Boudreaux driving a brand new pickup. _Boudreaux pulled up to him with a wide grin, so Thibodeaux hollered, "Hey, you Boudreaux, where'd you get dat truck??"

"Bobbie Sue done give it ta me", Boudreaux replied.

"She dun gave it to ya? _I see dat she bin kinda sweet on ya, but a new truck?"

"Well, Thibodeaux, let me tole ya jes wha' happen. _We bin drivin' out on Iberville Parish Road 6, in de midst of nowhere. _Bobbie Sue she pull off de road, jam de truck in fo-wheelin' drive, and head off inta de woods. She park dat truck, jump out, t'rew off all her clothes and say, "Honey chile, take whatever you want. _So I took de truck!"

"Boudreaux, yo' sho 'nuff one smart man? _Dem clothes woulda never fit you!!"
TOP TEN REASONS GOD CREATED EVE

10. God worried that Adam would be lost in the Garden of Eden because he wouldn't ask for directions.

9. God knew that someday Adam would need someone to hand him the TV remote. (Parenthetically, it has been noted that men don't want to see what's ON TV; they want to see WHAT ELSE is on.)

8. God knew that Adam would never make a doctor's appointment.

7. God knew that when Adam's fig leaf wore out, he would never buy a new one for himself.

6. God knew that Adam would not remember to take out the garbage.

5. God wanted man to be fruitful and multiply, but he knew Adam would never be able to handle labor pains and childbirth.

4. As "keeper of the garden," Adam would need help in finding his tools.

3. Adam needed someone to blame for the eating the fruit off the tree incident, and for anything else that was really his fault.

2. As the Bible says: "It is not good for man to be alone."

And the No. 1 reason of all [Tada, drum roll, fanfare, etc.]

1. God stepped back, looked at Adam, and declared: "I can do better than that."

Two prostitutes were riding around town with a sign on top of their car which said: "TWO PROSTITUTES--$50.00."

A policeman, seeing the sign, stopped them and told them they'd either have to remove the sign or go to jail.

Just at that time, another car passed with a sign saying: "JESUS SAVES."

One of the girls asked the cop, "How come you don't stop them?!" "Well, that's a little different," the cop smiled. "Their sign pertains to religion."

So the two ladies of the night frowned as they took their sign down and drove off.

The following day found the same cop in the same area when he noticed the same two ladies driving around with a large sign on their car again. Figuring he had an easy arrest, he decided to catch up with them when he noticed the new sign which now read:

"TWO FALLEN ANGELS SEEKING PETER---$50.00." :-)
This will warm your heart._ Just when you lost faith in human kindness. Someone who teaches at a Middle School in Safety Harbor, Florida, forwarded the following letter._ The letter was sent to the principal's office after the school had sponsored a luncheon for the elderly._ An old lady received a new radio at the lunch as a door prize, and was writing to say thank you. This story is a credit to all human kind.

Dear Safety Harbor Middle School,

God blesses you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent senior citizens luncheon._ I am 84 years old and live at the Safety Harbor Assisted Home for the Aged._ All of my family has passed away._ I am all alone now and it's nice to know that someone is thinking of me.

God bless you for your kindness to an old forgotten lady._ My roommate is 95 and always had her own radio, but before I received one, she would never let me listen to hers, even when she was napping.

The other day her radio fell off the night stand and broke into a lot of pieces.

It was awful and she was in tears._ She asked if she could listen to mine, and I said f--- you!

Life is good.

Sincerely,
Edna
The wedding day was fast approaching. Everything was ready, and nothing could dampen Jennifer's excitement, not even her parents' nasty divorce.

Her mother Sheila finally found the PERFECT dress to wear and would be the best dressed mother of the bride EVER!

A week later, Jennifer was horrified to learn her new young stepmother had purchased the same dress. She asked Barbie to exchange the dress, but Barbie refused, "Absolutely not! I'm going to wear this dress; I'll look like a million in it!"

Jennifer told her mother, who graciously replied, "Never mind dear. I'll get another dress, after all it's your special day, not hers."

Two weeks later, another dress was finally found. When they stopped for lunch, Jennifer asked her mother, "What are you going to do with the first dress? You don't have any place to wear it."

Sheila grinned and replied, "Of course, I do, dear! I'm wearing it to the rehearsal dinner!"

_____ ...Now what women wouldn't like this story
Old 02-28-2003, 04:56 PM   #124  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

TGIF!!!!!

HOT....MUGGY.....SWELTERING....NO WIND.....RAIN ON THE WAY !!

WENDY....I was taking the WELBUTRIN with my PAXIL...it's supposed to increase the metabolism and take away some cravings.....couldn't tell a thing!!!!

MOVIE PICKS FOR THE WEEKEND!!!

ROAD TO PERDITION
BROWN SUGAR
CHARLOTTE GRAY
HIGH HEELS AND LOW LIFES
MOSTLY MARTHA

Got to go....time for the POOL!!!

BOB
Old 02-28-2003, 05:01 PM   #125  

Default Friday Afternoon

Hello Everybody!

Just thought I'd stop in for a later afternoon greeting. I've been pretty busy today. Scrubbed some of my hardwood floors (we're talking on my hands and knees). That always feels good to have that job done. Did some more rearranging of stuff in the newly painted room. Then decided to put a fresh coat of paint on an old wooden stool that my dad used when he was in high school band. Needless to say, that old stool has had a zillion coats of paint. So I sanded and put the first coat of primer on it. I'm thinking about going up to Loews and buying my hubby a new side table for his favorite chair. But then again, I might just get lazy again.

DEB---I just wondered what you were setting us up for when you were telling us all your "lack of" list. Whew, I'm glad it was just a bad workout and nothing more serious. Well, I am so proud of you for going on ahead and hoofing the long route. You had to feel so great about your ability to go when the going says, stop. WTG, girl!!! Hey, hope the visit with Eli's family goes well. I'll be thinking about you. The real question is: will you turn them onto your famous cheesecake??? I've only seen the movie of The Full Monty. That was hilarious! I think we have a copy on video somewhere.

MONET---You are so smart!!! I never thought about your method of eating really slowly, but I think that's a fantastic idea. To quote Marie Antoinette, "Let them eat cheesecake, while I finish my cobb salad!" Good going, girl. You won't regret that smart decision on Wednesday morning. Thanks for your thoughts about how you view your workouts. I am about the same way as you. I like seeing that scale go down and I really feel that keeping the movement is keeping the scale going in the right direction. I also love reading while treading. It makes the time fly by. Have you ever read Fannie Flagg's Fried Green Tomatoes? That's a good one for the TM because it's really funny and heartwarming and it's got short chapters.

SERENE---So glad to see you post. It's always good to hear from you. I hope you really keep on giving yourself this time to be a part of the board. Sounds like the scale is going in the right direction for you. GREAT!!! Keep up the good work.

FILLISE---Good to see your post. I am so thankful that you check in even on days when you can't take the time for a long post. Let's here it for a Happy WARM March!!!!!

COUNTRY---I do not feel dizzy when I get off the TM. I do feel sweaty and really winded. I do not know how fast I am going, because the dials on my TM don't work with my book rack on top of them. I just set the dial at the same spot every day and hope it's a good workout. It's a speed that I can also run/jog at. So I figure it's a pretty good speed. I think the reason the sweat factor is so much more on the TM is because you have to keep going at the speed of the TM. You just don't get to slow down even if you aren't trying to slow down. You know what I mean. The pace is set by the TM and you have to just keep up. All I know is my hair is wringing wet when I get done.

LDBLONDE---Welcome back!!! So good to see your post. Sorry that you were up on the scales, but sounds like you are now going in the right direction. I'm glad you kept your original identity. I've been gone and back so many times. It's all part of the process and the journey I guess.

Okay, back to work. Catch you later.
Kim
Old 02-28-2003, 05:48 PM   #126  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy again...*smile*

Thanks Monet. Having a milage to compare gives me an idea of where I am and should be. The thyroid is healthy but I appreciate the help. I must just be missing it somewhere.

Thanks Kim...I don't see how you can read and walk. I would get motion sick...LOL I talked to my mom and she said when she first started her legs felt funny and that might be why I feel so goofy after I get off. Wish I could read though...time would fly by. I love to read.

Hey Wendy!!! Good to see you finding the time for yourself. That is such an important part of being whole and healthy. I lost that for a while myself. Like you I have reclaimed that time. The rest will just have to wait their turn.

Jack-K enjoy your happy hour. Ice cream cake...that is just cruel. *smile*

Gotta check on dinner. Try to sneak back later.

Love,
Crystle
Old 02-28-2003, 06:26 PM   #127  

Went and got a haircut this afternoon. I did not make it to the HFS. I may run out in a few and check it out....

COUNTRY: How fast are you walking? If you like to read, try slowing down and rewarding yourself with say 20 minutes at a slower pace with a book! That is what I do, and it makes it go so fast! Used to be when I tried using the treadmill, I would get SO bored after five minutes! This way, I can go even 45 minutes and not care!
Old 02-28-2003, 08:03 PM   #128  

WOO HOO! Monet is a happy camper!

The HFS was great! I got powdered fructose, carob powder -cheap! They had whole wheat Italian bread sticks, two kinds of whole wheat bread crumbs, and those Shelton pot pies! I have two in the oven now for Tom and I for dinner. No agave, but the man was very accomodating, and I think I can get him to try and order it for me. He had never heard of it. I had a blast. So glad I decided to leave the nappers and go!

Off to find my carob brownie recipe!
Old 02-28-2003, 09:52 PM   #129  

My feelings toward exercise are that it is a necessity. However, I have felt less like lifting in the past few weeks, and that is bumming me out. I don't have a real good place to do it. I might try to do it at home with the help of the site that Mel gave us.
Friday night and I'm watching Bruce Springsteen with the laptop on my lap.

Kim-the cookbook does have all the nutritional stuff at the end of the recipes.
And for some reason, I'm feeling scared to start this volunteer job. I hope it all works out. I bought paint today for my bathroom-that is a start, right?

Deb-wtg on getting your walk in. Steven's school has IB but he is not in it. He is smart but not a good student-does that make sense? Maybe Michael will realize the good reasons to go to a state school when the time comes. I see no reason to rush his graduation--kids need lots of maturity when going off to college, don't you think? I hope you got your stuff done today--have fun with your company.

Serene--Good to see you. Are you Tranquil's sister? WTG on the weight loss, too. Did you like Tuck Everlasting?

Crystle--great job on the treadmill. I don't exactly feel dizzy when I get off the tm, but I have a little trouble walking on the solid ground, kwim?

Monet--I love Cobb salads. And I've been wanting a whole wheat baguette--I need to get to a HFS.

Shirley--Mardi gras sounds like a blast. DO you go to any of the stuff? So you live near the birthplace of SB--lots of good food down there too.' I was in NO for New Years Eve once. It was very wild and I was young then.

Jackie-What's with the iced tea? You should have a drink since you will be missing it for 6 weeks. Your 161 pounds and a size 8 is a great story.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:59 PM   #130  

My contribution to FF

A three legged dog walks into a saloon in the old west and sidles up to the bar and announces:
"I'm looking for the man who shot my paw!"

Had a of a day at work. No breaks or lunch, ended up with an hour & a half of OT. Had to run pick up the gs at daycare, then get ready to go to dinner with our pastor & his wife. Dh met us in Lafayette. Had a great meal of pork roast, sugar snap beans & buttered sweet potatoes. Was reall yummy. Enjoyed the evening, especially after the day I had today. Well, at least I had no problem staying OP today. LOL Even had 4 tall glases of water!
Got to work my usual 12 hrs tomorrow & Sunday, so see ya'll next week.

Hope all have a great week end!
Old 03-01-2003, 01:22 AM   #131  
resident lactivist

These jokes are great.

I had a good day. I'm going to count my shopping as my exercise, since I sure did a lot of walking! I came away with 2 outfits, a half-slip, stockings, and new heels for me, and a new dress and 2 pairs of new shoes for GBMB, and also lots of toys for her birthday tomorrow!

I am now a size 18 with a little room to spare. That feels so good. I am still not perfect on the eating (breakfast today involved potatoes), but I'm redoubling my efforts. I now weigh less than I did when I got married, & I want to see how close I can get to my goal by the time Rob comes home!

Deb~ I checked out that contraption. I think I'll stay with the mat work. It's a nice workout, and I'm cheap, so the $30 I've put into it so far (mat & book) is a sight better than $180+ for the...whatever that was.

Fillise~ Get out there and break a leg or something. Just kidding.

CountryMom4Him~ I don't so much feel dizzy, but I feel like I'm still moving even when I'm standing still. I don't think I walk faster on the treadmill though, I think I walk slower. Which is weird when you think about it, because the only time I'm on the treadmill is at the gym, and that means I'm not pushing a stroller at the same time!
Old 03-01-2003, 07:54 AM   #132  

Default Saturday Morning

Good Saturday Morning! Well, hallelujah, the snow looks like it melted a little bit. Let's hope it sticks. Of course, my mentioning it will probably provoke heapfuls again. DH is in St. Louis this weekend and he said that they got dumped on last night. Hmmmm. I guess it's just a matter of time for us. JACKK---Watch out! It could be headed your way!!!

COUNTRY---I'll admit it did take me a while to get used to reading and walking. But now I'm pretty good at it. Have you thought about listening to a book on tape? That might be a good way to help pass the time. And you wouldn't get seasick.

MONET---Sounds like you struck gold at the HFS. Way to go! So how did you like the Shelton pies? How much are they? Be careful of the carob brownies. That sounds like something I would go crazy with. I was thinking about making a cheesecake tonight. If so, I think I'd better portion it right away and then pop the leftovers in the freezer. I spend so much time thinking about the goodies that I keep making trips to the kitchen. I'm really pathetic when there's a yummy around. LOL.

LIN---I'm with you about the lifting. Each day I say that I'm going to attempt it and I just don't. I really need to incorporate it into my routine. I missed the website MEL gave you. What is it? Do you all do aerobic and lift on the same day? Or do you do the lifting on a separate day? Your fear to start the volunteering is probably from not knowing what your involvement is going to look like. I train a lot of volunteers and most of them are hesitant because of the "unknown" factor. My advice would be to give it a try. If after a couple of times, it's just not working out for you, then try something else or talk to the person who is in charge and see what they can do to make it better for you. They will want you to be happy in your volunteer work, so tell them if you are not.

MELF---Well, I hope you get to relax today and enjoy yourself. Congrats for staying OP. You did a great job. Because it would have been easy to give yourself a pity party and wind up at the vending machine. And you did NOT do that!!! AWESOME!!!!! How's Jodi???

MONSTERMAMA---Hey, congrats on being a loose 18!!! That is fantastic. And I am so green with envy. Not really. I cannot wait until I am at that size!!! Hearing you talk about how you have "room to spare" in your 18's gives me hope and motivation to keep on going.

BOB---How's Sir Skeeter feeling this week? I haven't seen you mention him and hope that means he's doing better.

Well, I'm off to go get my haircut and a manicure today. Yes, I'm splurging!!! I haven't weighed in for a couple of days. So I'm not sure where I am with that. Feel like I have a bit of a dookie houser problem so I feel like I may be up on the scale. Take care everybody. Have a wonderful weekend.

Kim
Old 03-01-2003, 10:31 AM   #133  

Morning!

I had breakfast with a friend. I don't think the bagel was 100% whole wheat, though the guy told me he thought it was. I just have wanted a bagel for a while, so I got it.

Last night I was looking at getting a grain mill and possibly buying Wheat Montana online. I almost fainted to find it would cost $34 for shipping! The 50# bag of wheat was only $10! Guess I will be buying it from Harry's/Whole Foods! Bummer!

QUILT: The pot pie was really good! It was $2.19. The guy said he would give me 10% off of a case of 12, so I will definitely do that. I did not make any goodies yet...still thinking, plotting and planning! I could not find my carob brownie recipe anywhere, but there were some online. I can convert them to whole wheat and agave, and hopefully I can avoid eating the whole pan!

MONSTERMAMA: Hey, is today your baby's birthday? If so, Happy Birthday little Monster! I can relate to the eating of potatoes...it took me a long time to totally give them up! I love them anyway you fix them. Now I don't miss them as much....

LIN: I thought of you and your thyroid stuff when I read this:

New Range for TSH to Diagnose Hypothyroidism

The basic problem that traditional medicine has with diagnosing hypothyroidism is the so-called "normal range" of TSH is far too high: Many patients with TSH's of greater than 1.5 (not 4.5) have classic symptoms and signs of hypothyroidism (see below).

So, if your TSH is above 1.5 there is a strong chance your thyroid gland is not working properly.

That is from Dr. Mercola's web page. He mentions that hypo patients should have their TSH BELOW normal in another article, and that the traditional TSH test does NOT tell whether the thyroid is ok or not. He said most doctors do not know how to really interpret the tests. You might find reading his articles interesting. He backs up what he says with research, by the way. (www.mercola.com )

DEB: Just out of curiousity...what do you pay for the Shelton pies? Is $2.19 decent? I was happy with them...nice and meaty!
Old 03-01-2003, 11:36 AM   #134  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Here's my FRIDAY FUNNIES on SATURDAY!!!

WHY WE LOVE KIDS

On the first day of school, a first grader handed his teacher a note from his
mother. The note read, "The opinions expressed by this child are not necessarily
those of his parents."

and, now read on

MISCELLANEOUS

I was driving with my three young children one warm summer evening when a woman
in the convertible ahead of us stood up and waved. She was stark naked! As I was
reeling from the shock, I heard my five-year-old shout from the back seat, "Mom!
That lady isn't wearing a seat belt!"

- and -

My son Zachary, 4, came screaming out of the bathroom to tell me he'd dropped
his toothbrush in the toilet. So I fished it out and threw it in the garbage.
Zachary stood there thinking for a moment, then ran to my bathroom and came out
with my toothbrush. He held it up and said with a charming little smile, "We
better throw this one out too then, 'cause it fell in the toilet a few days
ago'."

- and -

A woman was trying hard to get the catsup to come out of the jar. During her
struggle the phone rang so she asked her four-year old daughter to answer the
phone. "It's the minister, Mommy," the child said to her mother. Then she added,
"Mommy can't come to the phone to talk to you right now. She's hitting the
bottle."

- and -

A little boy got lost at the YMCA and found himself in the women's locker room.
When he was spotted, the room burst into shrieks, with ladies grabbing towels
and running for cover. The little boy watched in amazement and then asked,
"What's the matter haven't you ever seen a little boy before?"

- and more -

POLICE # 1

While taking a routine vandalism report at an elementary school, I was
interrupted by a little girl about six years old. Looking up and down at my
uniform, she asked, "Are you a cop?" "Yes," I answered and continued writing the
report. "My mother said if I ever needed help I should ask the police. Is that
right?" "Yes, that's right," I told her. "Well, then", she said as she extended
her foot toward me, "would you please tie my shoe?"

POLICE # 2

It was the end of the day when I parked my police van in front of the station.
As I gathered my equipment, my K-9 partner, Jake, was barking, and I saw a
little boy staring in at me. "Is that a dog you got back there?" he asked. "It
sure is," I replied. Puzzled, the boy looked at me and then towards the back of
the van. Finally he said, "What'd he do?"

ELDERLY

While working for an organization that delivers lunches to elderly shut-ins, I
used to take my four-year-old daughter on my afternoon rounds. She was
unfailingly intrigued by the various appliances of old age, particularly the
canes, walkers and wheelchairs. One day I found her staring at a pair of false
teeth soaking in a glass. As I braced myself for the inevitable barrage of
questions, she merely turned and whispered, "The tooth fairy will never believe
this!"

DEATH

While walking along the sidewalk in front of his church, our minister heard the
intoning of a prayer that nearly made his collar wilt. Apparently, his
five-year-old son and his playmates had found a dead robin. Feeling that proper
burial should be performed, they had secured a small box and cotton batting,
then dug a hole and made ready for the disposal of the deceased.
The minister's son was chosen to say the appropriate prayers and with sonorous
dignity intoned his version of what he thought his father always said:
"Glory be unto the Faaaather. and unto the Sonnn..... and into the hole he
gooooes."

SCHOOL

A little girl had just finished her first week of school. "I'm just wasting my
time," she said to her mother. "I can't read, I can't write and they won't let
me talk!"

BIBLE

A little boy opened the big family bible. He was fascinated as he fingered
through the old pages. Suddenly, something fell out of the Bible. He picked up
the object and looked at it. What he saw was an old leaf that had been pressed
in between the pages. "Mama, look what I found", the boy called out. "What have
you got there, dear"? With astonishment in the young boy's voice, he answered,
"I think it's Adam's underwear.

I'm on my way to get my weekly dose of KALE and GREEN BEANS ..I think I'll check about the pot pies while I'm at the ORGANIC HFS...

Also going to make a pot of VEGGIE SOUP....

Got my ticket to go to Cathy's yesterday...$201 RT...pretty good until I saw the taxes that were added on...grand total $255
They've got us by the short hairs when it comes to buying things.

KIM...Skeeter is just fine this week...I guess he's like any other OLD MAN...good days and bad days...Right now, he's perched on his pillow in the living room with a low growl at the distant thunder...I hope we get some of what everyone else is getting!

JACKIE....Was that LONG ISLAND ICED TEA?????

MONSTERMOMMA....CONGRATS ON THE SIZE 18!!!!

LIN...get those exercises going...you'll be up and around in no time! Hope you're feeling better....
Check out the movie CHARLOTTE GRAY...it's about a courrier in WWII...WONDERFUL MOVIE.....KIM you would really like this one too!

I started ROAD TO PERDITION and turned it off...wasn't in the mood and I'll watch it today...

DEB....GOT THAT HOUSE CLEANED YET????

I'm outta here...

BOB
Old 03-01-2003, 01:38 PM   #135  

Hi,
Thursday

I am actually feeling fairly good today. I know that the pain pills play a big role in it but
I can see improvement, anyway . I have not stepped on the scales since before the
surgery. I donít feel like I have gained much and I donít feel all that hungry but the lack
of exercise is going to catch up with me, I am afraid. I have a recumbant bike that I will
ask the doc if it is all right to start that. Of course, then, I wonít have an excuse.

SATURDAY
I did not get a chance to write yesterday since I was pretty wiped out after the doctorís
visit. They did take out the stitches and I am now able to wear the sling on the outside
of my clothing, so, I feel I am making progress. He said I could shower and do my little
exercises 3 times a day but must keep my arm in the sling the remainder of the time
until I see him in 3 weeks.

I know some of the following responses are dated but I refuse to give them up due to
the amount of time it takes me to type.

Linworthlady- You donít need to worry about me and the ice...I am not at all tempted to
venture outside. How is the weather in Charleston? Are you enjoying living there?

Deb- How dare that man get your chicken pot pies. We had the ww pie for dinner and
it was great. The ingredients list looks like it is very well balanced for us. It s nice to
have more options. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mel- I think you are truly back on track with the 3 pound drop. WOW that is major.

Monet- Iím sorry, I missed where the retreat was although you are always missed when
you are away. How is the CPU doing? Cute joke about the feeling you must be dead if
nothing hurts if awake with no pain...I guess I must be very much alive!

DawnStorm- What a good idea to add ingredients instead of the Ranch dressing. I bet
it was heathier and cost less, also.

MeeshRenee- Interesting comment about the sugar free stuff making you hungry. I
wonder if that could have caused a problem for me too. Your dietician sounds like she
has a lot of common sense and is a good match for and will be helpful.
Music Teach- Time for you to rejoin us.
BKM- Come back to us soon! We miss you.
BOB: It is a shame what has happened to Kate because of lack of exercise. It sure encourages me
to get my butt off the bed, even for a little walk about. On the hormones, I had to try several
different kinds before one worked. For awhile, I even did the patch which kicked in right away
but later I switched to Ogen and then had to tweak that. Now the doc is reducing the HRT since
I have been on it for over ten years. I now am doing pretty well, but the timing was bad coming
at the time of my collarbone Surgery

Quilter: My, you are the busy one.

Serene: Glad to see you to the board.
Closed Thread