Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: If I showed up at your home unexpectedly, what would I think of your domestic skills?
I have OCD when it comes to cleaning! My house is ALWAYS immaculate, 24/7! 0 0%
I would win the GOOD HOUSEKEEPING award. My home would pass the white glove test. 2 4.35%
Clean, but cluttered 9 19.57%
It has that LIVED IN LOOK! 11 23.91%
Looks clean (what you don't see won't hurt you-just don't open shut doors!) 14 30.43%
EEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!! 5 10.87%
In one word - SLOB!!! 3 6.52%
I wouldn't/couldn't open the door, I'd pretend to not be home! 1 2.17%
My house should be condemned! 1 2.17%
Not sure, it may be the maids day off. 3 6.52%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 09:57 AM   #46  

maemae- Heres hopeing you have a great OP day....
Old 01-14-2003, 09:58 AM   #47  
Goddess

Thumbs down Tuesday Morning

Goodmorning all!

According to the scale, I'm down another lb this morning! That makes between 4 and 5 lbs since last Wednesday. I have to remember that I tend to lose in spurts and that I will often go a week or even two without losing and then drop a whole bunch quickly, like I'm doing now. I hope y'all will help me remember this when the scale gets stuck!

Just took a Salmon filet out of the freezer for dinner tonight. Last night I came home and had a handful of nuts and that seemed to stop the hunger pangs. then I had a small steak and a hige salad for dinner and that held me pretty well through the evening. I'm also trying not to eat after 7:30. Some nights that's tough because I have meetings--like tonight one at 6:30. I usually eat around 7:00, but I'm going to try to eat supper before I go to the meeting tonight.

Sabrina--Wow, it sounds like you are really committed. Your menu yesterday sounds great. I know what you mean about the feet!

Linworth--I have a cousin getting married in Charleston in July. I am envious of you living where she-crab soup is plentiful and delicious (and SB legal!!!). When I go to my parents house in Wilmington I always have lunch at a restaurant that makes a good she-crab soup. Love it!

Jackie--WTG on the walk and the workout! Dinner sounds great too. I almost never wear a coat. I have a big heavy one that I wore while I was in grad school in Iowa--I only pull it out when I have to. I may have to this week because it doesn't look like it is going to warm up anytime soon!

VR--mmmm, the hot chocolate sounds good. I have some of the Carnation NSA, but I'm going to try your version! Less chemicals!

Deb--Can't wait for your post! I'd say you can have a day or two off from exercise after your 1/2 marathon. Sounds peaceful to have the house and the computer to yourself for the day!

Teresa--You should come to Auburn with your hubby for the Dixie Youth meeting! I hope you have fun at the concert!

Sugarless--You learned something about yourself and that's important! You also learned that your tastebuds have changed--your are losing your taste for sweets! That's a victory!

Monet--Nope, can't do the fur. In a state with severe financial problems I'm encouraging folks NOT to wear fur at the inaugural. It doesn't do for the elected folks (and their supporters) to be all hoity toity! Nope, must have respectable Republican cloth coat.

I hope everyone has a good day today!

Susan
Old 01-14-2003, 10:28 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Linworthlady. I started exercising after I lost about 30 pounds. I noticed I had a lot of flab. Not only did it help me lose, it is helping with all this extra skin I now have. I have a lot of toning to do so I have to keep it up. But I have found that at 165 I'm a lot smaller than I should be and that is due to the wt training and walking. Did you find the pic board? At the top of this page, click on sugar Busters. Then go to Information board, then picture album.

Jackie
Old 01-14-2003, 10:52 AM   #49  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

Staying Op and working out some. So all in all doing good. This cold weather puts me in lazy mode. I need to make a nice soup to warm up my insides.

Deb....you did awesome at the race. What an encouragment you are to all of us.

Jack-K...if your weight stalls again you might try cutting down or out the diet sodas. I not for everyone but for me they tend to cause a stall. I don't know if it's the sodium or the articifial sweetener. I would say the sweetner because I switched to diet riet and it has no caffienee..and no sodium. A really good soda also. Espeically for an SF ice cream float. Of course right now I'm being so strick no sweets not even artificial.

Susan....you are doing so good on getting those extra pounds gone. If you stall again we'll remind you how great you are doing.

Toni....5:30 is just too early...LOL I was awake telling hubby goodbye waiting to fall back asleep.

Mae Mae....you'll do great. It's good that you got right back OP.

Sabrina...hey sweetie. Hope you continue to feel better. Staying OP will help a lot with so many things. You CAN do it. ((Hugzz))

Linworthlady...did you find the photo page? If you go to page one of this week Deb has all the pages listed. You click on the second link I think...and it has several pages..one of which is the picture page.

VR...the cocoa sounds good. I might could sneak and give that to hubby. He is starting to get a little "chunky" but trust me....he isn't going to give up sugar on purpose.

Well all I'm sorry for those I missed. The kids are up from school and need a harsh look from the mom. They have radar when I get on this thing. Have a super day.

Love,
Crystle
Old 01-14-2003, 11:39 AM   #50  
Hanging in There

Exclamation Tried one of the recipes on this board

The lentil soup/pasta recipe. Hmmmm! I didn't have any Parmesan cheese, so I used Monteray Jack instead. My husband liked it too and I've got some in the work fridge for lunch!
Good news y'all I was making my weekly contribution to the economy (aka grocery shopping) when I came across some WW macaroni elbows made by San Georgio! I'm hoping they'll make more WW pasta.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:13 PM   #51  

Here is the Teriyaki recipe for those who asked. It is actually VERY easy!

1/3 cup soy sauce (Kikkoman is the best IMHO)
1 T agave

Mix, and use as a marinade. You can adjust the amount of agave you use according to taste. To jazz it up, try adding a bit of fresh grated ginger, or a clove of garlic mashed.

I let the meat marinate for about an hour, longer would be good. Depending on the weather, I either stir fry the meat, or grill. If you use whole pieces, like a whole chicken breast, let it marinate longer. For a quick dinner, I will slice the chicken breast, marinate it, and stir fry it and serve with steamed veggies.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:54 PM   #52  
VR

Good Morning....

Trying the Work Pad method this morning.. I'll see what happens.

Linworthlady: As Jack-K mentioned, Oprah seems to be on an SB type WOE. On her site it mentions she has stayed away from white rice, white flour, etc. and does not eat after 7:30p (not even a grape). She has lost 33 lbs. slowly (the right way) and has a workout plan she sticks to.

Jack-K: The sweet potato fries with a burger sound great. If you like "dark" Hot Chocolate you may want more cocoa and Splenda. Make sure the milk is really hot. I put mine in a clear mug so I could tell when all the cocoa was disolved.

Tranquil: It's funny that the feeling you get in the evening isn't hunger it's habit!

MaeMae: Fun to have those babies back isn't it. My baby will be home this Friday night (he's 23) then he's off to National Guard drill for the weekend. These are scary times for mom with "babies". No matter how old they get, they're always your baby! Good luck on SB, you've got a good attitude.

Toni48: You've got a lot done this morning..... Don't you love your treadmill!! The weather here is good almost all the time but there is something about being able to get on the treadmill and take a walk at midnight if you feel like it. Your weight loss (just like a lot of others Jack-K, etc.) is a true inspiration!

Fillies: I buy a winter coat every few years or so and I sometimes wonder why. I only seem to use it if we go up to Seattle or somewhere else really cold. Hope you enjoy the hot chocolate... It really taste much better to me then the mixes!

CountryMom: Hope you're having a good day. I'm sure we'll see "less" of you soon. Hope hubby enjoys the hot chocolate..

DawnStorm: I really love WW pasta.

Monet: Thanks for the recipe... Have a great day!

Good thoughts going out to everyone!!
Old 01-14-2003, 12:54 PM   #53  

Hi - just a quick check in as work is too busy to write much at this time. I will catch up with indivual posts at home tonight.

Well, I did it - had my first on progam day, yesterday. That is great for me because I dont think I've had an totally on program hour for several weeks now.

Hope everone is having a good Tuesday and I will be back later.

Does anyone know if Tues. chat is back on the normal schedule? I checked last week but didn't find anyone there.

Take Care,
Wendy
Old 01-14-2003, 12:59 PM   #54  
Maemae77536

Hello again everyone.........

I have a silly question and knew ya'll would be able to answer it....What is DD, OP, DS and so on.....I see it in ya'lls posts and never know what ya'll are talking about.....

VR- Yes it is wonderful to have the babies back....They are only 4 and 2 and I miss them terribly when they are gone....
Old 01-14-2003, 01:39 PM   #55  

Default Another Newbie Question

I was having a real hard time just being hungry and also wanting something sweet ( I've been getting into SB for the last 5 days or so and have really cut out pasta,potatos, and rice and cakes etc). So, the only place near work to shop[ is s CVS (mainly a drup store). I scoured the food aisle and what I thought was the best was the Sugar Free Gummy Bears. The nuts were too high in fat and the canned fruit has heavy syrups. So, the ingredients on the Gummy Bears has Hydrogenated Starch as the first ingredient. It has 0 grams of sugar but 30 gram os Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate on the breakdown in the Nutrition Facts. Let me guess- this wasn't a good thing. What would have been better? Thanks
Old 01-14-2003, 01:49 PM   #56  

Hello everyone,

Just checking in from work - not much time...

OK- PROBLEM - I think I retained about 1/2 the water I drank yesterday because I am very bloated today. My rings are even tight on my fingers... whats the deal with that?!?!

Maemae - DD, DS, DH, etc are for Dear Daughter, Son, Husband, etc. OP means "on program". You will probably see more like WOE = way of eating, WIW = weigh in Wednesday, BTW = by the way, and others. We tend to try and shorten things up...

Newportgirl - I'm no expert, but I think nuts are better because they have protein which helps with my cravings for sweets and "stick to your bones" better when hungry. You just have to not OVERDO them because of the fat. Just IMHO... (in my honest opionion). When you get to the grocery store, get some grapes or apples to help with your sweet tooth and hungry spell!

I'll check back later!
Teresa

Last edited by TVthatsME; 01-14-2003 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:51 PM   #57  

MAEMAE: Those are abbreviations for commonly used phrases. DD is dear daughter, OP on program, DS is dear son, DH, dear husband, etc. Sometimes they get confusing! After all, OP COULD mean off program! SIL can be sister in law, or son in law. (or maybe even stupid in law??) A lot of posters refer to their monthly cycle as TOM, (I don't, since that is my husband's name and a bit offensive to the love of my life), SB refers to SugarBusters. DM is dear mother, GM, grandmother.... And when someone is referring to the step father in law, and other extended family, the fun really begins!
Old 01-14-2003, 01:56 PM   #58  

NEWPORT: I agree with TV. Nuts would be better. The oils in nuts are monosaturated and are not as bad for you as you think. You might be surprised at how few nuts it takes to satisfy hunger, and they pack a nutritional whallop. They have protein, and vitamins in them, where the gummie snacks did not have any nutritional value. If the fruit was canned in light syrup, in a pinch you can rinse off the syrup and eat it.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:26 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good afternnon,

Boy Deb must be working on one heck of a post if she has been working on it since this morning. I keep checking for it.

Before I forget, I won't be joining chat tonite, if we are having it, our bunco club goes out for dinner for Christmas in Jan and tonite it is. I thinkw e are doing Italian. Gonna be hard for me. I know they don't have ww pasta. I'll find something.

Tranquil, So glad to hear from you. Hope you are feeling better. Glad to hear you have already started losing again. I'm happy that the Orlando trip motivated you to get back OP. You can do this. We are getting to goal this year. Everyone of us. My feet killed me. I also have RA in them so that didn't help any. After losing all this wt I can finally wear decent shoes. I even bought a pair of dress boots. I can't believe what a difference it made to my feet. Hang in there.

Maemae. Glad you are starting anew today. You can do this. Really it is easy. Glad you have your babies home. I love the name Braylee. DD, DS, etc. is Dear then Husband (DH) or son DS, OP is on program, WOE is way of eating. DD is dear daughter.

Toni, Isn't it amazing what we can get done when we get started early? You will need to take a nap later. If you are getting a storm, we will probably get it too. Could yu just keep it there? We had flurries this am, but nothing measurable. I think they are calling for something Thursday. I just cut up the sp and brush a little olive oil on them and salt & pepper and bake about 20 min util soft. DH uses catsup, but I don't. Pretty good.

Fillise, man you are doing something right. It is still a great motivator to lose like that even if you stall for a week or so.

Country, normally I never drink diet soft drinks. I always try to get water to tea, but sometimes I need a diet for a change. Glad you are doing so well OP.

Dawn storm, just make sure those ww noodles don't say enriched. Good for you trying out new recipes. That's the way to make this work.

Monet, Thanks for the recipe. It sounds easy.

VR, It has to be scary for you with your son in the Guards. You're in my thoughts.

Serene, WTG on your first of many OP days. See how good you feel. I was planning to come to chat tonite, but now our bunco club is going out for our Christmas dinner a day earlier so I won't be there.

Newport girl, if you are looking for snacks, the nuts would be better. How about cheese, peanut butter (natural), fruit, veggies. Bring things from home if you can.

TV, maybe you had too much salt in something yesterday to make you retain water. They say to lose water, drink water.

Monet, stupid-in-law?? do I detect some hidden feelings there?

Hope to check in one more time for the big post from Deb.

Later

Jackie
Old 01-14-2003, 03:44 PM   #60  

Hello1!! Just wanted to tell my first WI at TOPS...2.5 lbs gone, never to be seen again!!! isn't that great??? I was amoung 3 that lost 2.5 lbs which was the high lose for the week, I got a silk flower, a message, a tiera to wear (isn't that stupid but fun) and..believe it or not, I won a cooked chicken!!! Yes this lady did this program on chicken and she baked this chicken in a tara cotta chicken cooker and I won it..The chicken, not the cooker!!! And it taste great!!!It was my lucky day.

Welcome home all you travelers, glad you went and cheered Deb on...You did good Deb!!!

Serene...Good for you..1 day is wonderful!!! you can do it..!! Just take it one day at a time..I personally can't stand the thought of never never ever eating sweets again, so I try not to think of the big picture that would be best for me, I just do one day at time, and let tomorrow take care of itself....

To everyone else..Hello!! and have a good op day...!!!

kathy
Closed Thread