Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: If you were to sell your primary home today, what would you say it would sell for?
Under 50K 1 4.55%
Over 50 but under 100K 5 22.73%
Over 100K but under 200K 3 13.64%
Over 200K but under 300K 4 18.18%
Over 300K but under 400K 4 18.18%
Over 400K but under 500K 1 4.55%
Over 500 K but under 750K 0 0%
Over 750K but under 1 Million 0 0%
Over a million 1 4.55%
None of the above, I rent 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2004, 06:18 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 3/8-3/14

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...366#post534366

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:22 AM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today-both very good, but the first one, OMG, it was written for me!

THE HABIT OF ACHIEVEMENT

In each accomplishment there is the beginning of an even greater accomplishment. No matter how little you start with, it can quickly grow as each success builds upon the one before.

The size of the goal is not nearly so important as the momentum that is created by achieving that goal. For success feeds best when it feeds upon itself.

Set a small, yet challenging goal, and then keep going until you achieve it. Suddenly, momentum is on your side.

Put that momentum to use by taking on a project that's slightly more ambitious. And the momentum grows even stronger.

The smallest step in a positive direction is considerably better than sliding helplessly backwards. And you can take that step forward right now.

Get in the habit of achievement. There is no limit to where it can take you.

-- Ralph Marston

MAKE A MASTERPIECE

Relax and enjoy the ride. Sometimes you can control where you're going, other times you get swept along by forces beyond your control. Yet you can always control how you think and feel and respond. You can always control what you carry with you as you move on ahead.

Resist the urge to fight against events, or to become completely absorbed by them. Instead, find a way to make positive and productive use of them. There is so much more to be gained when you focus on moving forward than when you become consumed by looking backward. Rather than getting hung up on how you got here, become enthusiastic about where you can go from here.

The way will sometimes be slow and bumpy, and other times it will be smooth and easy. In all cases it will be filled with opportunities for joy, meaning and true fulfillment.

As each moment of life arrives with its unique and never-before-tasted flavor, smile and let it be. Then proceed to make it a masterpiece.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:42 AM   #3  

Talking

goodmorning!!!

Goodness where is everyone at?? Its been so slow.

Thank you Deb for MM. Heaven knows i need it after this weekend. Im still in the learning process that this is a way of life and not a diet. Im getting there slowly. The best part is Im not in this alone. I have met great ppl in this group that help me so much and actually "want" to see me succeed. So this isnt really a MM, but a thank you to all of you for being such a great support team to ppl you dont even know.

Well now, that was kinda sappy , but true...so have a great day and get to posting!!!!

I have lots of errands to go run so im out of here...

Valerie
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:25 AM   #4  

Default Good Monday morning,

Good morning everyone! I hope that you all had a great weekend. I did some bowling with the eldest DS, and took him to Dick's Sporting Goods to find a baseball glove(and since I don't have one anymore, I bought one for myself too). SEAN and I bowled 4 games and had a lot of fun. Sunday we had the family birthday party for the DS's, I didn't eat very much, and only had a sliver of cake. I consider that a win. We did go out Sat nite, and since I haven't been eating very much, I splurged on dessert, but it didn't taste very sweet, so I'm hoping it wasn't horribly bad But back to being totally OP today. And there are legal leftovers in the frig, so that's what dinner will be tonight. I have to go to my annual OB/GYN appt this morning, and then I'll hit the gym for my full workout.
Believe it or not, it's snowing this morning, very lightly, and there's about an onch on the grass. And after I was admiring the daffodils and tulips that are coming up in the garden! I'm sure they'll still be there when the snow melts.
I'm going to go to Washington and visit my Mom next month and we're going to check out the Skagit Valley tulip festival. Mom goes every year, and this will be my first time. Can you imagine acres and acres of tulip fields? A flower lovers paradise!
Got to go finish up my work so I can leave at 11. Take care everyone!

Barbara
270/212/135
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:04 AM   #5  

What is going on with the board? First time I see this setup here. Kind of confusing.

Had a pretty good weekend. DH & I went to the gym Sat then out to a late lunch & to see The Passion. WOW!

Yesterday we went to church then had a quiet afternoon at home. While DH napped I prepared a Greek Spinach Pie & Tabbouli (spelling?) for church supper last night. Themye was anything green because of St Patrick's day this month. LOL Some interesting green dishes including green spagetti & I'm not talking about the spinach ones . Anyway, as usual, I go with good intentions & end up eating too much. So of course the scale reflects it this am.

Thinking about going to the gym this am then to the chiropractor. Also planning to bring GS take his first pics at Walmart. He'll be 6 months old tomorrow. My goodness where is the time going???

Got to run, just wanted to check in & say hello. Hope all have a great day!
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:15 AM   #6  

Good Monday morning:

I know I've been MIA for a few days, but life caught up with me and I got very busy. I went with Britt to her Rodeo Day on Friday, and we had a ball. It was a very cold morning, but at least the rain had passed. We have a wash that runs across our main road, and I almost thought we weren't going to be able to go, since it was flooded. But, it worked out well. They had a petting zoo, pony rides, panning for gold (for prizes), face painting, popcorn, and lots of fun stuff to do on the playground. We then had a hot dog & chip lunch (which I did eat, I kinda had to), and then came home. It was so nice to spend that time with her, while Lane was home with dad.

On Saturday, I took Britt to the party store to pick out her cake pan; she picked Cinderella, so I'll be making that one for her. She then picked out all the little goodies she wanted to put in her goodie bags to give out to the friends that come. We then went to get our hair cut, and YES, I DID IT!!! I am still a bit unsure of it, but it is nice a cool, and I'm sure I'll get the styling part downpat (I hope). Britt did not want me to get it cut, but ended up liking it, and my DH liked it too, so I guess all is good for now. I have it pulled up in a little knot right now since I plan to go to the gym today while Britt is in school.

We got Britt's party booked at a place called Crackerjax. It is a family fun park that has golfing, batting, bumper boats, Go-carts, arcade games, etc...We will be having it on March 27th. It will be nice since they provide everything for you. I will just bring the cake, and a few balloons, and they will do the rest!

I got to the gym Saturday, and it felt great. I had been out of there for a week, and I could feel that I was getting weaker already. I had to adjust some of the weights. I hope to get back into a more normal routine this week, but Lane is teething (2-yr molars, I think), and she is a total miserable child as of late.

I skimmed the posts, and remember a few I wanted to reply from last week, and then I plan to start anew from this week's post:

Deb: Loved the "smile" e-mail; thanks!! Congrats to Michael....you must be so proud. I can't wait to hear how it all plays out. Sorry to hear about your GF; I sure hope all goes well there. MY GF is in the hospital now, with pneumonia (he is in his mid 80's). They are not sure if he will be coming home or not. I am not very close to him, but I feel bad for my GM; because she loves him so much and would really miss him.

Jack-K: I'm sure a day like that could be emotionally draining. I'm glad you found some things that you think would work well. Sorry DH has to be away so much at such a critical time for you. It is tough being alone at a time like this. You seem to have such an incredible support system of family and friends, and that always helps at times such as these.

vmoore: I think we all feel the same way about eachother. It is nice to have a sounding board, and someone to be accountable to.

Wood: Glad the DS's party went well, and that you managed to do well with your eating. The Tulip Festival sounds like it will be gorgeous; enjoy it!!

Well, Lane wants to be held, so I better go. I hope to check in later.

Take care,
Nat

P.S. sorry for the typos....I haven't proof-read this one.

Last edited by Pancho; 03-08-2004 at 11:11 AM.
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:29 PM   #7  

Default Hello everyone

I have been exploring around this site for a few days and I would like to introduce myself.

I am 46, mother of 2, living in Wyoming. I have been following Atkins for about a year, lost 35 lbs pretty early on but have been stuck for ohhhhhh so long. I can't handle the higher fat anymore and SugarBusters feels like it is much healthier and long term for me. Besides, there is just something wrong about an intelligent woman being afraid of wonderful beautiful fruit and a nice stone ground bread. Oh yeah, I love my coffee too

It probably didn't help for me to try to "switch over" during a stress week (that's a whole other thread).
I have not been good about drinking my water, and over the weekend I did go on a cookie binge that I am not proud of...
but now I am 6 lbs heavier. I pray that it is water, temporary...and not a sign of things to come.

For those who made a switch from Atkins to SB, did you experience a weightgain? Was it temporary? I promis to drink my water and hide the cookies. Help!!!

Auriana
Auriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 02:45 PM   #8  

Good Morning Friends--

Sorry, I haven't been on since Tuesday, but with Brant's surgery and his recooping, I haven't been on the puter at all. Everything went well with his surgery. It was a long one, and was even more extensive than what his surgeon had planned. They ended up putting in 4 titanium plates instead of 2. and his nose was totally crushed. They packed it from the inside, and again on the outside, and we will just have to wait and see the results. He didn't get up to his room from surgery until 7:30 pm. Boy, what a long day. I stayed with him until he went to sleep which was about 11:30. I called my Aunt and stayed in town at her place. I didn't want to drive the 35 miles home in the dark. The surgeon must not have known that we were there because no one came and talked to us after his surgery. So I wanted to be there bright and early so I could talk to her. He was pretty sore for a few days, but went home yesterday. It was sure nice to have my little boy back, and be his favorite girl again!! Usually when he is up, he has so many things to do and so many friends to see that his time with us is limited.....I had him all to myself from Thurs-Sunday!! Terrible aren't I??

Eating has been good for me. I didn't eat much on the day of his surgery, but I did get in lots of walking. I am going to hit the exercise very hard for the next month, and see if I can get these last pounds going off.....I hope you all have had a great week, and that WIW was good to you all. I haven't had the time to go back in read the board, so don't know what has been going on in each one of your live's, but I hope it has all been good and happy!!

I will be back this evening to get in some replies......my poor house needs my attention today. I am just taking a break to let the kitchen floor dry. See you all later.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:01 PM   #9  

Auriana, welcome to the board! Sounds like you'll fit right in with the rest of us that are fighting the same battle. I love my too & drink too much of it & not enough water. I have used some atkins products, but have never followed their plan. SB has been a good plan for me, however I have had a set back & trying to get back into the proper attitude to be OP. Best of luck to you!

Teensy, so glad to hear that your ds is doing well after his surgery. Sounds like it was really extensive. Is he planning to go back to the rodeo after he's healed? I'm sure you'll succeed in getting those last few lbs off soon. You've done soo well!

Deb, the email was cute thanks! How you GF is doing better.

I'm off to the gym. Will check back later.

Last edited by Melf; 03-08-2004 at 03:12 PM.
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:17 PM   #10  

Hey Everyone. The board is slow lately so maybe I can catch up!!! My possessed computer at work is broken again and so I only get to use the computer in the front office about every other day. My eating has been so-so with one major popcorn relapse. My exercise,however, is back on track. On Thursday night my sister told me that she was pregnant. I was so excited, I could not sleep for 3 days. This will be the first grandchild on both sides, and my first niece or nephew. I have already completely lost it buying things for this little embryo that is about the size of a grain of rice. HAHA. I need to pace myself!!!

Melf- Your spinach salad and tabouli sounds yummy. Your weight will be back down again soon. Let us know how your grandson's pictures turn out!!

Auriana- welcome to the boards!!!!

teensy- Hope your son is better soon!! It's good to see you back on the boards!!!

Pancho- Good job on biting the bullet and cutting the hair. change is good!!!! Glad you had a nice time with Britt at the rodeo day.

JackK- I am thinking about you and hope you are well. I will give you my number if you ever want to talk while your husband is out of town and you are feeling blue!! I have free nights and weekends!

Hello to countrymom, heartmom, vmoore, BOB, deb, monet, arcayne, fruit, trish, yellowrose, Sef, gatorgal, and anyone else i forgot. Have a great day.
jackieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:12 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy!

Hey everybody! What a great start to the week this week. It was in the upper 80's yesterday and the mid 70's today. We got moma's garden started. And a few extra things planted as well.

JackieO...congrats on being a new Auntie....just wait till the little one gets here. There is no explaining that kinda love. I remember when my baby sister had her first....it was unbelievable. Mostly because I always considered her my baby. It was awesome one fun when both of my sisters had their first.

Colleen...so glad your boy is doing well.

Nat...can't wait to see the new do.

Auriana....WELCOME!!!!! I agree with you. There are some good healthy foods that I couldn't imagine not eating. I bet those cookies just added some water weight. That happens to me sometimes when I eat enriched flour and or sugar.

Melf...you dinner sounds cool...don't know what Tabbouli is but it sounds interesting. I like to try new stuff but my crew isn't as game as I am.

Howdy to everybody!!!! I'm suppose to be outside getting some things done..plus I have a room that needs my attention so I guess I'd better get.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 05:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

Didn't make it on here over the weekend. Friday and Sat were bummer days. Yesterday was better. I went and had my stitches out this a.m. Then I went into the office. I stayed until 3:00. It felt good to get back. I will probably go in a little each day for awhile.

DH is gone again. But it is better with working during the day. Last night, tonight and tomorrow they are having a Lenten Mission at church and it was really good last night, so I will be going again tonight and tomorrow night.

Tranquil, have a wonderful trip. WOW 30 1/2 pounds is awesome. Keep up the good work. I'm sure you will do fine in Europe.

Bob, What's up?? Glad Deb straighened you out whatwever it was.

Woodfrogs, They are calling for snow here tonight. Luckily, it should only stick on the streets. Glad to see you ar back on track.

Melf, WOW is what I am hearing about the Passion. I think I will wait a few weeks before I see it. I get upset so easily and now is even worse. But I do want to see it. I can't beleive that baby is 6 months old. Time flies.

Pancho, OK now we need to see the new do! Pics please. I love those birthday places. Much beter than having it at home.

Deb, Congrats to Michael. Sure hope he gets it. That would make life a lot easier. Of course, Duke and UK are big rivals. What a shame about your DGF. He just got moved in his new house. I really don't think he should be living alone at that age.

Auriana, What a pretty name. I didn't do Atkins, but SB is much more doable. This is a great place for support. Ask any questions you like. Welcome.

Teensy, so glad your DS' surgery went well and he is home. I'm sur he gots lots of TLC from his mom. WTG on good eating thru all that.

Ashley, congrats on becomming an aunt. You can spoil him/her and send them home. I knew it wouldn't take long to get back on track with the exercise. Popcorn is not all that bad. PM your #.

Crystal, Wow what great weather you ar having. It was warm last week but cooler today and calling for snow tongiht. I am ready for summer.

Better go eat dinner and get ready for Church. Have a great evening.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:25 PM   #13  

Ok i got to know....who owns the million dollar house???? If this is a rude question in any way dont answer and please forgive me.
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:40 PM   #14  

Good afternoon:

I'm back on a roll. I got on the computer twice today and I got to the gym.
Yippee....life is good.

I played with my hair today and sent a pic to my mom & sis, and they said they liked it better the way I did it than when the stylist did it the other day; that's great to hear. It still feels funny though.

Our weather is wacky. We were in the mid-60's a few days ago, and today in the low 90's; what's up with that?

Auriana: Welcome to our board; we are so glad to have you. I started Atkins last year in March, and was on it for nearly two months. I had lost 8 #'s the first month, and then went on vacation and had 3-off limit foods, and gained 5 pounds back; that is what I hated about Atkins!! I lost about 10-12 #'s in 2 months on Atkins, but got so sick of the fluctuations and the constant bloaty feeling. I started SB, and within 6 months reached my goal weight (120#'s). I lost 32 pounds & 22 inches and have kept it off. I started losing weight faster when I started SB, and never gained going from Atkins to SB. Good luck; you will do well, I am sure.

Teensy: Glad Brant's surgery went well. Sorry it took him getting beat up to spend some quality time with mom . I hope all heals up well and quickly for him.

JackieO: Congrats to your DS; I'm sure you will all love the little addition.

Lane is crying for some attention, so I gotta go. I will check in tomorrow a.m.

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 07:34 PM   #15  

Just checking in with a few replies.....I am sorry but I don't think I will get to last weeks board. I will try when I have some extra time.

Melf-- Unfortunately, I think he is still talking about riding again. He is talking about wearing a helmet with the face mask now though. I told him if he had worn one earlier, this probably wouldn't have happened.

JackieO-- I am so jealous of your parents...... I have plenty of nieces and nephews, I am waiting for a Grandchild!! Oh heck, a baby is a baby.....and they are all so special!!

Country-- Send me some of that weather!!

Jack-k-- I am sorry that your dh has to be out of town at this time. I know that you would feel alot better if he were there with you. If I can help in anyway.....please let me know!!

Pancho-- Glad you like the new doo.....when will we get pics?? I bet you look fabulous!!

Okay, that's it for now.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote