Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2001, 04:41 AM   #1  
viv

Hey! For some reason my previous post with this title didn't allow replies. So here's the same post - please review! Thanks!

Hi All -
First of all, SPECIAL thanks to Debbie for answering all my initial questions about this plan. Debbie, your commitment is impressive and I truly appreciate it!

While definitely not a newbie to 3fc, I am a newbie to Sugarbusters and the pressure is on! I'll fill out my bio after this, but briefly, I'm a WW Lifetimer who after DS#2 (who's, er, almost 7 now.... ) cannot seem to get the weight off and keep it off. I have yoyo'd on several programs, most significantly WW, which is simply not working for me anymore, no matter how stringent I am, or how diligently I exercise. Guess that's what happens after a "certain" age

Anyway, I started SB on Monday and am happy and committed. I need to see almost 20 lbs go away over time - preferably in the next two months prior to our trip to FLA, LOL, LOL, LOL...I know better.

I was hoping for the first week I could post my menus and get your critiques on them. This WOE is pretty new to me and I am also trying to incorporate some Somercizing principles as well, as that program has some more stringent rules that I can live with, to a certain extent.

Any and all suggestions and comments are VERY VERY VERY much appreciated to get me going on the right track!

Thank you...

Here's yesterday:

8:30 1/2 grapefruit w/splenda sprinkle

9:15 - - old fashioned oats made with water and a little equal

11:00 - 1 clementine

12:15 - homemade leftover chili - about 1 cup - kidney beans, turkey sausage, canned tomatoes and spices...over 1/2 c. breakfast kashi

1:30 - clementine

2 cups of green tea

3:30 - starving! Grabbed some jarred herring in sour cream (IN THE BOOK UNDER SNACK!!) and started gobbling - THEN read the label and saw 7 G of sugar per serving! BUT IT'S IN THE BOOK! Will have to look for another brand....
So instead - about 10 LoFat Triscuits

6:15 - roasted chicken breast, no skin (I assume skin is illegal? It never really mentions that in the book??? Not that I like it but...)
Red leaf salad with blue cheese vinaigrette

9:00 SF Hot chocolate - Nestle Carnation no sugar added.

9:30 - 10pm - Treadmill

THANK YOU!
Viv

127 (pre DS2)/150 (post DS2)/ 138 (post last crazy diet)/146/128

Old 02-01-2001, 04:45 AM   #2  
viv

Here's today's menu - looking forward to your comments!

930 am - clementine
10am - oatmealmade with water and some splenda

1115 - clementine

1215 - cold shrimp with sauteed onions and canned tomatoes

200 - grapes

415 - 6 triscuits with sugar free peanut butter

520 - chicken breast leftovers and green salad with vinaigrette and blue cheese sprinkles.

830 - sf hot chocolate?

Am I doin' it right?

Viv
Old 02-01-2001, 05:33 AM   #3  

Hi Viv~

I'm also very new to this new way. I started on SB on saturday. I hope I am not eating too much! I have also been on the WW plan, lost about 20 lbs and wasn't going anywhere.
I have a griend who has been on and is on SB. She has lost about 30 lbs. Thats a great incentive to me! Anyway, maybe we could be buddies! Good Luck on your journey )
Old 02-01-2001, 06:56 AM   #4  
viv

I am so mad! I have been doing perfectly (I think) and looking forward to my sugar free hot chocolate in the evenings - I read Rissa's great site and thought I bought the HC she recommended - after gulping it down...I looked at the box - 8G of sugar per serving!

Hi Cathy - thanks for the nice hello! I hear ya about the WW and all - I'd love to support you in your progress as well! Did you post a bio on the bio board?

I just hope an "experienced" sb-er would look at my trackers and let me know if this is the right approach - we could all benefit from it, I bet

Viv
Old 02-01-2001, 06:16 PM   #5  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Hey viv,
Your menus are just right on it looks like to me I saw nothing illegal on either of them.. I have done SB for over 2 years and it looks like you know what you are doing Keep up the good work.... oh and your cocoa will be fine at night It is in the food book, just one a day though Good luck on your journey!!!!

------------------
Hugs and prayers, Christie 184/143.5/145
Old 02-01-2001, 06:18 PM   #6  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

oh yeah viv,,, its Carnations fat free cocoa you want it is only 3 grams sugar.... sorry... just caught that one lol,

------------------
Hugs and prayers, Christie 184/143.5/145
Old 02-01-2001, 08:22 PM   #7  
viv

Thank you Christie. With a few slip ups I think I'm getting the hang of it - I reread the listing on rissa's page and she said the 8g of sugar was okay because it was from lactose and that's allowed - I must be missing something when I read the book. Time to reread!

Viv

146/144 (after 3 days!!!)/128
Old 02-01-2001, 08:47 PM   #8  

Viv:

I've been on SB 13 months and from your menus you seem to have caught on very well. Just remember to eat enough each day! The green tea is great for you and helps to speed up your metabolism too.

I personally don't eat the skin on the chicken. It is probably ok but I've tried to keep my saturated fat grams under 20 and that would add too it and I couldn't have the cheese or peanut butter I love!

I drink the Nestle Carnation NSA and not the low fat/diet. Why? Becuase it has less aspartame in it and I'm not a fan of artificial sweetners. The 8g of sugar are OK because it is milk sugar....

If you get hungry grab some lean protein...that tends to curb my cravings.

Good luck and this WOE really does work.
Old 02-01-2001, 09:34 PM   #9  
viv

Thanks, Beach - I'm glad those 8g are okay - BUT - how would I evaluate that myself? how would I know how to make the determination that the 8g are from lactose? And I'm glad it's okay becasue after all those years of drinking the sf stuff, it's so much better!

You're right - this is a great WOE! I really think I can do this!!!!

Viv
Old 02-03-2001, 06:40 AM   #10  

Hello Everyone!

I got my bio up last night! Thanks Viv I can use all the help I can get )

Darn I was at the grocery store tonight and alomost bought the carnation hot cocoa, but thought it was illegal with the 8g sugar. Is it really legal? Maybe I'll stop by tomorrow and get some...

I have peanut butter now, boy I can't wait to have some of that. Maybe tomorrow for brteakfast. I also forgot to get some more kashi cereal, love the stuff..

Have a wonderful friday night everyone...
Old 02-03-2001, 08:43 AM   #11  
viv

Cathy - I think I understand why the 8g of sugar is in that hot choclate - because if you look at the ingredients, there is no addded sugar - the lactose in the milk converts to, or is, sugar (I'm no expert) - so it comes out under sugar but since it's lactose it's okay. Someone (sorry, I forgot who it was...Beach?) explained it on the weekly board for me. Get it, it's a great treat, but they said no more than once a day!
viv
Old 02-03-2001, 05:10 PM   #12  

Viv~ Thanks for the info. I know i wouldn't have it more than once a day, maybe only a couple times a week. But it would really be a nice treat in the evening...

Well I have a dental appointment early this morning 8 a.m. to be exact. Then off to the beauty salon to be beautified...

I'm still up 1/2 lb from where I was last saturday. I'm going to try not to have any cheese today. I was wondering if the premixed salad w/ carrots in it is really going to hurt me, I goofed and bought the wrong stuff!

Have a great day, I'll check back later.
Old 01-05-2003, 10:10 PM   #13  

Default NO SUGAR

hI, iM NEW TO THIS, BUT I READ THE SB BOOK THIS PAST OCT31,2002 I GIVE UP ALL SUGAR, BREADS RICE , JUNK FOOD, MADE A LIST OF EVERY PLACE I STOPPED AND EAT MC-BURGER KING, ECT. STOP THAT, GOT MY CO-WORKERS TO STOP BRINGING ME COFFE, OR SHALL I SAY MY SUGAR FIX..I WAS VERY HARD, BUT I'M IN A 14 FROM A 22W. I KEEP THE BOOK WERE EVER I GO. HOPE THIS HELPS AUTUM
Closed Thread