3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 1/6-1/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/23427-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-1-6-1-12-a.html)

Debelli 01-06-2003 03:01 AM

Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 1/6-1/12

http://members.aol.com/eldemila/sb_sign4.jpg

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=23426

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME! :D

http://members.aol.com/debelli/welcome_bear.gif

Debelli 01-06-2003 03:03 AM

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, as you can see, I'm up in the middle of the night and can't sleep, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, I think they are all good, and I hope you read them and in between the lines as well:)

http://members.aol.com/debelli/monda...ng_thought.jpg

LEARN FROM IT

When the result is not what you expected, learn from it. When you get the result you want, learn from that too. Every experience is a wonderful opportunity to learn. Wisdom comes from learning the difficult lessons which experience teaches.

With wisdom comes respect, authority and effectiveness. You pay a hefty price for wisdom, and yet what you get is even more valuable than what you paid. It is indeed difficult to console yourself to "learning from this" when things fail to go your way. It is much easier to get angry, to get depressed, to complain or even to forget about the whole thing. But when you
do that, you end up paying the price without getting any value in return.

Whatever happens, let it increase your wisdom and, ultimately, your success. Whatever happens, get past the concerns of the moment and learn from it.

Copyright 2001 Ralph S. Marston

THE BEST EVER

To make this new year the best year ever, start small. Start with one small moment, this one you now have, and put into it all your energy, your enthusiasm, your passion and commitment. Make full use of what you have right here and now, whatever it may be. Though it may not seem like much, this small moment can put you solidly on course for magnificent positive achievement.

To make this new year the best year ever, keep going. Though challenges and disappointments will certainly come your way, you do not have to go their way. At times you will know discouragement, yet there is no value in continuing to be discouraged. There is every reason to continue moving forward, no matter what, for that is the best response to every discouragement.

To make this new year the best year ever, take responsibility for it. Instead of making excuses or assigning blame, put your energy into focused, creative effort, into creating value, into living with purpose.

This new year can be the best year ever. Because it will be for you whatever you are willing to make it.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Melf 01-06-2003 07:27 AM

Good morning!
Hope everyone has a great OP day. I just got on the scale & $#^*&%! Well, who's fault is that?? Thought I was doing ok but.... Anyway, I'm off to work.

Yes, I'm the one that voted with 6, yes count them...6 people in my household. We're all praying that the weather will hold out & that the movers can get DDs double wide moved in by the end of the week. Wouldn't it be wonderful if I'd get back from my Fl trip & she & the boys were moved back home? It's been 3 months!

OK, I'll calm down now & go to work :wave:

gracious 01-06-2003 07:58 AM

A new week and the kids are officially back in school. Things are getting back to normal with regards to my usual routine and I am a person who likes routine to keep things in order.

The junk food has dwindled down to a reasonable amount and all the tastiest stuff is gone so the temptation to eat it has been quenched. I have been exercising every day from Monday to Friday and taking the weekends off so I am looking for good things to happen on the scale.

Haven't really had a chance to read the boards thoroughly, only popped in here and there so I will start fresh with today. Hope everyone is recovering well from the holiday eating and getting re-focused. Just think....summer is coming and that means shorts and t-shirts and I want to be able to wear them, how about you?! I better get moving!

Ellen 01-06-2003 08:51 AM

Morning! Hopped on the scale this morning, and I am down another pound. Only one left to be back to where I was hovering before the holidays!

I feel really tired this morning, but I have a ton of things to do. I have to get my fixed flat tire, get an alignment, take down the Christmas tree, and clean up the mess my daughter and her friend made in the kitchen. They were experimenting and made a chocolate cake. They swear they did not use a recipe, but it looks like it turned out really good. Perhaps a bit dry, but they ate some and liked it. I think they had a few other experiments that did not turn out well. Half of my carton of whipping cream was gone, along with a can of tart cherries. hmmm...

I spent a lot of time researching online last night about getting recertified to teach. I am thinking about going back, and noticed there are even openings for art teachers listed online in Georgia. Guess I will see what all is required and make a decision from there.

GRACIOUS: Good to see you back! I have missed you! Hope your Christmas was a wonderful celebration of the birth of our Savior!

Solly 01-06-2003 09:35 AM

Happy Monday :wave:

It's going to be a long week. The first one in a while that contains no holidays.

I was so good over the weekend. Made it thru happy hour drinking only ice tea. Then to a bar and drank water. Sat went to 2 parties and drank diet coke and water. Eating was good. Except I think there was sugar in the bbq sauce at one party. But no cake or goodies.

The cupboard is getting bare. Won't be able to get to the grocery until this weekend. Hope we can hold out.

Well I have spent 1 1/2 hours reading all the posts from the weekend (boy was it busy) so I had better get some work done.

Trish, Yeah for you losing a pound thru the holidays. Those beans and sausage sound good. Think I'll try it.

TV, I'm with you. Don't know how I'm going to make it days this week. Great idea walking on your lunch hour. Two of the girls I work with exercise with me during our lunch hour 2-3 days a week. Glad you had a good time at disney. Hope yur DH's knee gets better. Men can be such big babies.

Sweetbeater, You didn't offend anyone. We are easy to get along with. Just trying to help you along. Nice on the job. If you are talking about frozen ww waffles watch out. They probably aren't really ww only enriched and they aren't legal.

Fillise, Glad your traveling is over. Sorry about your GA. Yes Auburn & Ga were the only SEC teams to hang in there. Thanks for the info on the new book.

Gator, It's usually in the 30's when I walk. I just bundle up. The only that gets cold are my cheeks. The say you burn more calories walking in the cold. I keep telling myself that anyway. There's no flour in your pancakes? Taking 1 day off is a good idea.

Cherylco, Welcome back. Glad you did so well over the holidays. I have the same problem with diet cokes telling the from the real ones.

Miata1, Good for you making it 2 days. The next ones will be even easier. I think Curves is a great idea. I don't want to spend a lot of time exercisng either. I think you can stick with it better doing it shorter times.

Toni, How's you're not eating after 7:30 doing. I was starvig last nite so I had some air popped popcorn. It is easier during the week for me than weekends.

Scooby2, 4 days OP good for you. :dance: Keep up the good work.

Mel, I was good over the weekend. How horrible about your ankle. Keep it propped up.

Monet, Those GI index really confuse me too. The wedding is May 9th. We are kicking it back into gear since the holidays are over. They bought a house over the weekend so now we have to deal with that too. I love kids. Can I borrow some of the diiretics. 6 lbs is awesome. My 2 cents on the Geo Foreman Grills. Get one that the plates come out so you can wash them in the sink or dishwasher. I hate cleaning the GF. I won't use mine they are so hard to clean. Glad there is only 1 lbs left. it will go soon. Good for you getting back into teaching. I admire teachers.

Sugarless, You are not alone in holiday eating. Just come on back to the wagon. It is hard to get back on track. Just another eason not to quit.

Heartmom, good for you being OP 2 days. It will get easier. Those 6 lbs will be gone before you know it. That SF candy can do it to you. Good idea on the exercising. Shame it doesn't come off where you want it too. :bravo: for you putting that candy back. I'm proud of you.

Mom2March, WTG on 2 days OP. Keep up the good work.

Yellow, Those ritas are hard to resist aren't they.

Sef, hope your ear is better.

VR, Welcome back. Sounds like you have a great plan. Good luck.

Bob, I'm sorry you won't make the trip. I know you are disappointed.

Melf, Sorry you are unhappy with the scale. Hope it gets better. That would be nice surprise to find your DD moved out. You will miss them though!

Gracious, I need routine too. I do so much better during the week. I can get my fruits and water in. Weekends just keep me out of kilter. Let's get going.

Deb, the MM was great today. I especially liked the learn something. If we cheat and gain, then we should learn that is what happens. When we lose we should look back and see what led us to that loss and learn to keep doing it. How is your GA? I feel for you now being the only walker in the marathon. Wish I could come down there and join you.

Have a great OP day everyone.

Jackie
257/167/145
10-10-01

Solly 01-06-2003 10:05 AM

Someone just sent me this so I thought we all could relate:

THE MONTH AFTER CHRISTMAS

'Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
All the holiday parties had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,
The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt--
I said to myself, as I only can "You can't spend a winter
disguised as a man!"

So, away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
'Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie, not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore---
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

Fillise 01-06-2003 10:16 AM

Good Monday Morning!

Motivational tidbit!

In case you need another resaon for a low GI lifestyle, this is from the Jan. Prevention magazine:

"Two new studies suggest that eating a diet high in refined carbohydrates (which raise blood sugar and insulin levels) may put women at risk for two kinds of cancer, including one that's usually fatal. But there's also a new improved tool that may provide an easy and accurate way to choose the foods that will protect you from both.
Looking at data from the 18-year Nurses' Health Study, National Cancer Institute researchers found that sedentary, overweight women who ate diets high in added sugar and white flour (both refined carbohydrates) had a 53% increase of pancreatic cancer, which has a 5-year survival rate of only 4%.
The second study, which looked at the diets of more than 2,500 Italian women with breast cancer and an equal number who were cancer-free, found that the women with breast cancer ate more foods high in refined carbohydrates. Those kinds of foods, such as white bread and cookies, boost blood sugar and insulin levels while triggering a rise in the insulin-like growth hormones that are linked to breast cancer risk."

The tool to combat this in the Glycemic index and the improvement is the concept of glycemic load:

"The GI is a measurement of how fast and how high blood sugar and insulin rise after you eat enought of a food to total 50g of carbohydrates. By that measure, both white bread and carrotshave high GI numbers of 70 and 71 respectively, suggesting that they both send blood sugar soaring. In fact, that's only true if you eat more than a quart of carrots compared with just four slices of white bread. By contrast the GL measures the effect on blood sugar of a normal serving of food. By this standard, the GL for two slices of white bread turns out to be more than five times higher than the GL for 1/2 cup of carrots. Cancel the carrot warning!"

So if your motviation weakens, just think about the health benefits of getting the sugars and refiend flours out of our diets!

BOB--so sorry you cannot make the trip to Orlando. You aren't having much luck with travel plans are you???????

Jackie--WTG on resisting the drinks while you were out! hey--it's only four months until derby day!!!!!

Monet--Congrats on getting all but one pound of the holiday weight off! I actually lost weight over the holidays, but I put on a lot during the fall campaign so I am nowhere near my low. But the scale is finally going back down.

Gracious--The holidays are nice, but it is also good to get back into the routine.

Mel--good luck getting your house back!!!! But your DD is lucky to have had your support while recovering from the storm!

Deb--enjoyed the motivational posts this morning!

Off to a good start this morning:

1/2 grapefruit (no sweetner or, God forbid--sugar)
Coffee
1 slice of homemade WW bread with PB and SF cherry jam.

About 10:00 I'm going to have a SF yougurt.

Tuna fish and CARROTS for lunch.

My challenge--lets see if I can be really motivated and get my arse back to the gym!

Have a good Monday everyone!

Susan

BOBatwork 01-06-2003 10:32 AM

Why Women are Cranky
> >
> > We start to "bud" in our blouses at 9 or 10 years
> > old only to find anything that comes in contact with those tender,
> > blooming buds hurts so bad it brings us to tears.
> >
> > Enter the almighty, uncomfortable training bra contraption the boys in
> > school will snap until we have calluses on our backs.
> >
> > Next, we get our periods in our early to mid-teens (or sooner). Along
> > with those budding boobs, we now bloat, we cramp, we get the hormone
> > crankies, have to wear little mattresses between our legs or insert
> > tubular, packed cotton rods in places we didn't even know we had.
> >
> > Our next little rite of passage (premarital or not) is having sex
> > for the first time which is about as much fun as having a ramrod
> > push your uterus through your nostrils (IF he did it right and
> > didn't end up with his little cart before his horse), leaving us to
> > wonder what all the fuss was about.
> >
> > Then it's off to Motherhood where we learn to live on dry crackers
> > and water for a few months so we don't spend the entire day
> > leaning over Brother John. Of course, amazing creatures that
> > we are (and we are), we learn to live with the growing little angels
> > inside us steadily kicking our innards night and day making us
> > wonder if we're having Rosemary's Baby. Our once flat bellies now
> > look like we swallowed a watermelon whole and we pee our pants every
> > time we sneeze.
> >
> > When the big moment arrives, the dam in our blessed Nether Regions will
> > invariably burst right in the middle of the mall and we'll waddle
> > with our big cartoon feet moaning in pain all the way to the ER.
> > Then it's huff and puff and beg to die while the OB says, "Please
> > stop screaming, Mrs. Hearmeroar. Calm down and push. Just one more
> > (or 10 ) good push," warranting a strong, well-deserved impulse to
> > punch the ******* (and hubby) square in the nose for making us cram
> > a wiggling, mushroom-headed 10lb. bowling ball through a keyhole.
> >
> > After that, it's time to raise those angels only to find that when all
> > that "cute" wears off, the beautiful little darlings morph into
> > walking, jabbering, wet, gooey, snot-blowing, life-sucking little
> > poop machines. The teen years. Need I say more?
> >
> > The kids are almost grown now and we women hit our voracious sexual
> > prime in our mid-30's to early 40's while hubby had it somewhere
> > around his 18th birthday (which just happens to be the reason all
> > that early hot man sex got you pregnant in the first place).
> >
> > Now we hit the grand finale: "The Menopause," the Grandmother of all
> > womanhood. It's either take the HRT and chance cancer in those now
> > seasoned "buds" or the aforementioned Nether Regions, or, sweat like
> > a hog in July, wash your sheets and pillowcases daily and bite the
> > head off anything that moves.
> >
> > Now, you ask WHY women seem to be more spiteful than men when men get
> > off so easy INCLUDING the icing on life's cake: Being able to pee in
> > the woods without soaking their socks...
> > Now I love being a woman but "Womanhood" would make the Great Ghandi a
> > tad crabby.
> >
> > Women are the "weaker sex."? Yeah right. BITE ME!!!!!
> >
> >

BOB

Tranquil 01-06-2003 10:51 AM

Monday

Happy Monday - I am still walking around with this creeping crud in my lungs and sinuses - I am on my 3rd round of antibiotics! But, I will be in Orlando regardless - even if I have to be wheeled in a wheel chair....

This is my first day back to work, and I weighed despite the fact that I am SO SWOLLEN!!! and I am horrified that I have gained back just about every pound I had ever lost...though I know with exercise, stop taking all this medicine, and eating back on program again, I will drop it since a lot of it is water and infection...

Just call me a whiney walking germ....

So - just wanted to say Hello to everyone and that I am still here... I don't know how legal Egg Drop Soup is or how illegal it is - but it sure does make a body feel good when they are sick like this....

Sabrina

Toni48 01-06-2003 11:14 AM

Good morning everyone. Wow the first of the week already. Hope I'm losing pounds. I sure have tried my best to stay OP. I watched Suzanne Sommers on the Today show. Her diet sounded very close to SB. She said the same things white flour, white rice, sugar...... Its so surpriseing how many people are finding that this is the best way to eat..

Debilli- good message today....

Melf- Wow you've really got a full house. I'll bet its hard to cook for everyone and stay OP. Hope you get your house back when you return from your exciteing trip. What a way to get some motivation...

Gracious- Glad you got your routine back and now is the time..... Yep spring is just around the corner and this is the time to start. We can do it gal....

Monet-Congrads on the pound. You're doing really well.... Hope you go ahead with your teaching...

Jack-K- Wow you had a great week-end. YOu really need to give yourself a pat in the back!!! You inspire me... Its working so far not eating till after 7:30. We'll see what the scale saids Wed.

Fillise- Way to go girl!! Your menu looks great. And I love to see peoples menu's. You can get to that gym!!! We can do this......

Bob- Love your Why Woman are Cranky... How ya doing?

Tranquil- Well you know lady that the sickness causes bloat so when you get over this nasty stuff you'll have a better weigh in. So sorry you've been so sick and hope you get well soon.

Okay got a busy day planned and need to walk on my treadmill. Have a great OP Monday....

213/171/130

Ellen 01-06-2003 12:25 PM

FILLISE: I was lurking and saw your post...I had to laugh. If that article is from Prevention, they sure are eating crow now! About four years ago, I was on Atkins and they published an article that totally slammed The Zone, Atkins, and Protein Power, and then stated that the healthy diet was one that followed the food pyramid. They then put their diet plan out, and it was basically a pretty much vegetarian high carb/low fat diet- the same diet I gained weight on! It is nice to see the truth is finally coming out in all these new studies.

GatorGal 01-06-2003 12:32 PM

Jack-K--Nope, no flour at all in the pancakes. Just those 3 Tablespoons of raw oats. I fix mine in a mini-food processor. When you whirl the ingredients, it chops the oats some, and that is the starch that holds them together. They are really good tasting, low GI and low cal. What more could you ask of a pancake?!

Fillise--Good luck getting to the gym to work out.

I got my 3 mile walk in this morning. I have a really busy week: two nights of classes and 1 night of a meeting. Then we have tickets to go to a symphony on Friday, and on Saturday off to Gainesville to watch the Gators play basketball against the UGa puppies. I’ve been hoping to do 2 walks each day, each 2 miles, which would give me a total of 4 miles daily. But with my busy schedule and being out almost every night this week, I’m relegated to one walk per day. I’m happy I got to do 3 miles this morning. Tomorrow I work at the women’s pregnancy care center and it will be tough getting in the 3 miles. Especially since it is supposed to be cold here in the early morning which makes it harder to get out there and walk.

Last night we went to our small group get together that we have every Sunday night. It is a study, friendship and prayer group. Everyone brings something to eat so we have a small potluck dinner. It always is predominantly no-no high GI foods. So, smart me fixed a great salad to take so I could have a nice meal and not feel deprived. Would you believe that we got half way there when I realized that I had forgotten to take my salad. So I had mainly fruit (thank goodness someone brought some) and some chicken breast, and a nibble of my rice casserole (low GI but high cal). I’ll have the salad for dinner tonight.

I answered the weekly poll as 2 people because it is my DH and I. However for several days this week we have our daughter staying with us. She is trying to quit smoking and is having a really rough time. Her hardest time is when she gets home from work until she goes to bed. She is alone and has some time on her hands so she fills it with smoking. So, she decided that if she stayed here for several days she might get over the hump of the cravings and could be successful for the long haul. So, we have 3 for this week. Hope that her plan works and she can ditch those coffin nails.

My motivational thought for Monday is aimed at anyone who believes in God. It probably won’t be motivational for anyone who doesn’t.
Here it is:
Make every act of eating an experience of worship. God is not just there on the day we attend a worship service. He is in every act we do every day we live. He cares about all the tiny details of our life, even how we handle food, and He does not want our love for Him to be supplanted by our love for food. Therefore, when we eat, make this time an act of worship to God by our attitude and how we eat.

Have a great day everyone!

miata1997 01-06-2003 12:42 PM

Hi All. Just have a few minutes..have to make dh his 7 grain cereal that i get from the flour mill. Good tasteing stuff except one of the grains is guess what??? corn..I don't eat it...I eat either shreded wheat /bran or an egg with WW toast.

Day 3 went great..We went out late (12:00 am )last night for a snack. Jim forgot to eat so he had dinner, I had toast. It was Denny's so it prob wasn't real good WW toast but at the timeit tasted real good and it wasn't the usual green shake or pie alamode. Next time maybe I will bring my own toast to toast, and bring the apple/peanut thing..I can't wait to get me some natural peanut butter from Raleys!!! I love pb and promise not to eat the whole thing, just dab it on the apple..

Today starts day 4, have some good ideas of what I want to do...They have tri tip on sale at one of our stores, so i will go get one and have dh cut it up and we will have tri tip steakes and I will be able to freeze a few too.

I will everyone a wonderful Monday...

Kathy

Ellen 01-06-2003 12:59 PM

MIATA: Ok, I give up...what is tri tip steak? I have honestly never heard of it! (is it the same as whole sirloin tip?)

YellowRose 01-06-2003 01:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

I had a good weekend and am ready to start the week.

Melf: How did that scale thing happen to a nice lady like you? I have heard that stress can effect a person’s
weight.

Monet: WOW! You do sound like a very busy one today. Your spirits sound high and it makes me want to get
moving myself. What is the name of the HF Coop that you and your daughter go to? I pass through the Atlanta on
my way to NC and I might be able to get there sometime.

Jack-K: My goodness, you were very very good to attend the parties and have absolutely no alcohol. Good for you.
I bet you felt good about doing that as well as your body appreciated it also. I finally, after 3 days got that 1 1/2
pounds off from having the rita and chips. Have I learned my lesson? Well, for now. I get very innovative when
my groceries get low.

Tranquil: I am so happy to hear that you will still be coming to Orlando. I will be happy to push the wheelchair if
need be. I am sorry that you are feeling so poorly, though. Maybe we will be able to at least get your mind off the
pain for awhile.

Miata: Years age,I cut out the pieces for an Almish quilt. I put it away and now can’t find the picture or the
pattern. I suppose I should just make up a new design and get on with it.

HeartM: Many congrats for putting the candy back. What motivation was the turning point?

Mel: Ouch! Not only do you have tons of pain but the saddness. We will miss you. I wish there was some way
you could still make it to Orlando to join in on some of the non-race fun. I am still available for wheelchair duty.

Sef: Is your ear still improving? That stuff is no fun. Do you need to see a doctor? Just worried about you.

BOB: Bummer! I had really looked forward to meeting you in person. Maybe I can join up with you at Traveler’s
Rest some time to make up for it.

Sweetbeater: Gatorgal’s pancake recipe sounds great and I have a another recipe you might try. This recipe is for
Buttermilk Pancakes. 1 egg, 1 cup of SGWW Flour, 1 teaspoon Baking Powder, 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda, 1/2
teaspoon Salt, 1 Tablespoon Agave, 1 cup Buttermilk (I use the dry type and mix it with water) 1 Tablespoon
Canola Oil. I beat it all together with a wisk and drop it by 1/4 cup size onto a hot griddle. Let me know what you
think.

VR: I was so glad to see your post. Welcome.

Gatorgal: Your schedule does sound busy. That weekend you talked about is not this coming weeked is it? This is
the weekend of our get together, isn’t it. Am I confused. (As usual.) You are going to be with us aren't you?

I’m off to take care of the laundry.

Debelli 01-06-2003 01:23 PM

Good Monday Afternoon Everyone:wave:

It's been a heck of a night last night. I got a half-hour sleep. If anyone noticed what time I started the boards, you'll see I was bright-eyed and bushy tailed (unfortunately) at 3:00am. I don't know why, I was tired, or so I thought. I went back to bed, but couldn't fall asleep til it was just about time to wake up. Needless to say, I'm exhausted and didn't get in my walk.

Also, I have to confess, my eating has been for :censored: Lots of excuses, none of them good. Too much going on and no other way to find a release except with the food - what can I say :shrug: I'm weak! I thought I'd be able to get back on track today, :nono: didn't happen. Will be tomorrow though - I just have to.

My Aunt is still alive, though many keep giving their speculations. I took the kids to see her yesterday, to say their last goodbyes. With school and everything else it will be hard to take them to see her today. From what my Uncle said yesterday, well, he didn't think she'd make it the next 24 hours, but has gone beyond that at this point. He's a Internist and looked at her eyes and said it was very near. They said they are extremely yellow. At this point, I hope she goes quickly.

Of course, I'm bummed about MEL & BOB!

I've put things off that have to be done, not only with cleaning and other things in the house, but with getting ready to get the gals on Thursday and leave Friday. I have to get on the ball because everything will start happening before I can turn around in a circle!:eek:

Gotta run, wish it was literally, but do have some stuff I need to get done. I hope you understand if I can't reply to everyone right at this time. When I could yesterday, Michael was on the computer from the second we got home from seeing my Aunt til 2am this morning. He is studying for finals this week and between him and Lauren needing the computer my time on it is almost nil. I will try and get on here to post as I can, but I hope you all understand!!!

ORLANDO BOUND GALS I will be e-mailing you all later on today, so do check your e-mails!!!:D

{{{HUGS}}} to you all:grouphug:

Debbie

GatorGal 01-06-2003 01:30 PM

YellowRose--I will be with y'all on Friday for as long as you want me. But I won't be there Saturday. Several months ago we had invited some friends to attend a football game with us in Gainesville, including spending the weekend in a cute B & B, a lovely tailgate luncheon, game tickets, etc. But my DH's aunt died unexpectedly and we attended her funeral instead. Since we cancelled the weekend for our friends, we are replacing it with a one day trip to watch a basketball game, with lunch and dinner. No overnight stay. This is one of the two home games on a Saturday that we can attend, so this was pretty much when we decided a while back to go. Sorry I'll miss the activities on Saturday, but I will have fun with everyone on Friday. Sorry that Big Orange Babe and Mel can't come. We will be leaving here about 10 am. and the challenge for me will be to get my walking in and be ready on time to leave, since we won't be back home until about 9 pm.
Mel, I'll help Yellow push the wheelchair on Friday if there is any way you can come.

YellowRose 01-06-2003 01:41 PM

Hi,

Gator: Whew! I was afraid we wouldn't get to see you at all. Stay with us as long as you can. Will we get to see you at all Sun? I know, I am being pushy.:lol: :lol: :^:

miata1997 01-06-2003 01:53 PM

Hi Monet....I don't know what part of the cow the tri tip is, but it usally comes in a roast, and you trim itup and cut it into steaks..It is the best best best tasting steak in the world. Esp if you take the time to merinade it. Sometimes it is expensive and sometimes it is 1.99 for an untrimmed roast.....And all you got to do is trim itup and cut and freeze..It is also a great bbq meat, oh my gosh it is my absolute favorite!!!

Try to find it, you will like it..

Kathy

Mom2Marsh 01-06-2003 02:19 PM

Melf- Hope the move goes smoothly. Three months can be a VERY long time to have extra people around!

Gracious- I’m with you on liking things in a routine. Preschool doesn’t start back until Wednesday, so it’s been interesting at our house. Just one more day!

Monet- WTG on that pound! Feels so good when the numbers head south!

Sweetbeater- My friend just told me that Kashi now has out a frozen blueberry waffles that are legal! She found them at the health food store, I haven’t tried them yet, but she says they are delicious!

Fillise- Thanks for sharing the Prevention article. Good to keep in mind!

Toni- So true about everyone “jumping on the bandwagon” (although some of have been falling off it lately). I read Marilu Henner’s book a while back and it was a lot of the same things also. Although she also preaches giving up dairy…sorry isn’t going to happen for me!

GatorGal- WTG on the party-eating. That’s when I have the hardest time. Don’t envy your daughter at all. I went through that about 3 years ago. I haven’t had a cigarette since, but I still occasionally crave one! Also, thanks for that Motivational thought. I’ve really been focusing on the fact that my body is a temple of God. I wouldn’t throw a whole bunch of garbage on the floor and pews at my church, so why should I do that with the temple I carry around all the time. It’s so true that we must strive to make each moment of our days an act of worship. Really helps keep your attitude in check too!

Well, I survived the weekend. Went off plan at my Grandmother's yesterday for lunch, but actually got back on for dinner last night. That is a huge feat for me. Usually if I cheat once, it's a couple of days before I'm doing well again.

Doing well so far today. Just had some Triscuits to save myself from attacking our music minister's chocolates he left on his desk. I even managed to get in a 30 minute walk on my lunch break.

--Kat

maemae 01-06-2003 02:22 PM

Good afternoon to all.............Well I just started today on SB and so far so good......For breakfast ate eggs with cheese and for lunch I ate a hamburger with cheese and chili (only 1 slice of the bun) Hope I am doing this right.........There is 1 place here in Houston that follows the SB diet ........Really looking forward to seeing the pounds go BYEBYe........Take Care

LKF 01-06-2003 02:30 PM

Hey, everyone, and Happy New Year! I only have a minute but wanted to say hello to all of you and to see how everyone is doing. It has been several weeks since I have even been able to get on the Board and though I continue to miss all of you (and I haven't even met some of you newcomers...WELCOME!), I continue to be unable to spend time with you like I used to. Maybe some day soon.

Meanwhile, I am glad to see that some of you managed to make it through the Holidays without gaining! Me, too! As of 1/1/03, I had lost 43 pounds since 8/1/02. My weight loss slowed during the Holidays but it wasn't because I ate off program...I guess I am just at a plateau. But I was glad to keep losing. Congratulations to all who managed. We're on the other side now and doesn't it feel good to be here and the shape we are becoming?!

Take care and I'll check back in periodically when I can.

Love to you all!

CountryMom4Him 01-06-2003 02:52 PM

Good afternoon!

Man oh man...Have I been OP or what . :) To the point of punishement..LOL I've cut way back...too far but some of the pounds are coming off and I'll take it for now. I've never really kept an accurate food diary before. But I have been faithful at fitday since Jan 1. That was my goal for this year. It's good and bad seeing what I'm eating. My fat is too high and my protein is too low. But I don't see that changing any time soon. I add about 200 calories in my head at the end of each day to account for any errors or forgotten bites.

Welcome MaeMae! Houston isn't too too far from me. I'm up near Lake Livingston. You'll love this WOE. It's the best.

Tranquil.....(((HUGZZZ))) sorry you are still ill sweetie. Praying.

Gator...thanks for the MM it really hits home and helps.

Mel and Bob...sorry ya'll can't make the trip. Hope the ankle heals quickly Mel. And you mom is feeling better soon also Bob.

LKF...WTG woman! You are doing sooooooo good.

Deb....sorry you didn't get much rest last night. You have a lot on your mind right now. (((hugzz)))

Hey Toni! I was reading your weight loss. You are doing so good.

Gracious...howdy stranger. I bet it today was nice with the kids back in school. Wish mine were in school today..LOL They are realling testing me in the school area lately. My little one finished his assignments early so that was a blessing.

I was gonna try to touch base with all of ya'll but I have salsa cooking on the stove and I need to tend to it. Have a blessed and awesome day.

Love,
Crystle

Toni48 01-06-2003 03:16 PM

LKF- Great to see you posting and congrads on you doing so good durning the holidays. I'm sure you'll move off that plateau soon.

CountryMom- I think I did horrible from Nov. till the end of Dec. with a good 8 lb. gain. So you just jump on this wagon with me we can do it. Just one hour, one day, one week at a time....

Maemae- Welcome aboard our little group. Its a good one with lots of support. It just takes a bit to get the hang of it. Do you have the Sugar Buster book?

Mom2Marsh- Hang in there gal you can do it. Everyday will make you stronger, but those first couple of weeks are the hardest I think.

Miata- A howdy to you...

Yellowrose-The pancake recipe sounds sooo good. I'll have to try it.. Thanks for posting.

Debilli-You've got so much on your plate now. Its good you could come on and let us know how its going. Your Aunt is still in my prayers...

GatorGal-Sounds like you have a full week-end planned. Its great you can do both things. Have a blast...

Time to run but didn't want to get behind...

sef 01-06-2003 03:51 PM

HiedieHo All!!

Nothing exciting! Went to NH and to church to make some copies for HFH, then came home and did some more HFH paperwork. I'm done now and thought I'd check in.

I have been really good and OP, clothes are feeling a little looser!

JACKK: Isn't MLK day in January and a holiday? I hate to get behind on the board, takes so long to catch up, then I miss things cause I'm skimming trying to save time.....vicious circle.

TRAQUIL: Hope you feel better for the trip. Egg Drop is legal.

YELLOW: Thank you. I don't go to doctor for every ache and pain, just do my old fashioned home remedies that usually work. If I go to doc I am REALLY sick. Ear is feeling better.

MAE: Welcome! Try your library for the SB it will give ou more of an idea of what to eat and not eat.

For MM:

1. I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.

2. No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.

3. Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

4. A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

5. The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them.

6. Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

7. To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

8. Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their time on you.

9. Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.

10. Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

11. There's always going to be people that hurt you so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just be more careful about who you trust next time around.

12. Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect them to know you.

13. Don't try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.

REMEMBER: WHATEVER HAPPENS, HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

True friends: How many people actually have 8 true friends? Hardly anyone I know ! But some of us have all right friends and good friends!!!

and:

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE

...one old love she can imagine going back to...and one who reminds her how far she has come...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...enough money within her control to move out and rent a place of her own even if she never wants to or needs to...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE....something perfect to wear if the employer or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE....a youth she's content to leave behind...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...a past juicy enough that she's looking forward to retelling it in her old age...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...a set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE....one friend who always makes her laugh... and one who lets her cry...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE....a good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in her family...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems, and a recipe for a meal that will make her guests feel honored..

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE......a feeling of control over her destiny...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW.....how to fall in love without losing herself...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW.....how to quit a job, break up with a lover, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW.....when to try harder... and when to walk away...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW......that she can't change the length of her calves, the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW......that her childhood may not have been perfect...but its over...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW......what she would and wouldn't do for love or more...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW.....how to live alone... even if she doesn't like it...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW......whom she can trust, whom she can't, and why she shouldn't take it personally...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW......where to go...be it to her best friend's kitchen table...or a charming inn in the woods...when her soul needs soothing...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW.....what she can and can't
accomplish in a day...a monjth...and a year...

My MMs are not always weight related but I hope food for thought!

Shirley

VR 01-06-2003 03:55 PM

:( Just lost my reply.... I think! So if this shows up twice, please disregard..

Good Morning/Afternoon from the WestCoast!

Quick check-in to let you know I'm so glad to be back on board. Wow, I'm so impressed with the "big losers" - really gives me hope.

The NIGHTS are soooo long when you try not to eat after 7pm..

Gave in Saturday nite around midnight.. I guess it could have been a very eary Sunday breakfast... not!

Sunday night I only made it until 9pm and gave in to a few green olives and wonderful sugar plum tomatoes (grape size) from Trader Joes.

All legal stuff but I'm so weak!! I'll just keep trying one day at a time. I may have to start going to bed at 8p... ha, ha!

Just had an eggsalad sandwich w/o bread .... lettuce wraps!
Thank God for lettuce...
and all the other wonderful things that we "can" eat.

Thank you for the welcome back... it'll take me a while to get back in the swing of things.

Gotta get back to work...

You are all in my thoughts!!

Trishaloo 01-06-2003 03:57 PM

Just a quickie,

but I wanted to get a post in while I had the chance. We've been having major computer problems here at the office and of course everyone else instantly becomes computer illiterate when something is going wrong. Spent all morning dealing with that but things are back on track now.

So sorry to hear that Mel and BOB aren't going to make the trip. We'll definitely be thinking about ya, though.

Gotta run but wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone.

Trish

Fillise 01-06-2003 04:03 PM

Monday afternoon

Looks like it is shaping up to be another busy week on the board!
I thought I'd check in again before we get bombarded with posts!

Country--how do you make your salsa?

LKF-WTG on getting through the holidays with a losing attitude! Good to have you back on the board.

Maemae--Welcome! Glad you found us and have started off the new year with a healthy way of eating. On this board we offer advice and help each other out--and also become good friends--so we talk about all life's issues! Your menu so far looks good, though it the bun wasn't whole wheat/no sugar then even 1/2 is a no no. Don't let it get you down, but you really do need to be a vigilant about the white flour as you do the sugar! If you live in a place that is lucky enough to have the Nature's Own Stone Ground Whole Wheat Sugar Free Hamburger buns, then those a legal and you cab actually eat the whole bun! You have to read those bread labels carefully because a lot of bread that claims to be whole wheat is made with enriched flour if you look on the ingredients list--enriched flour is bad. It needs to say whole wheat or stone ground whole wheat when listing the ingredients. Most of us found that when we started this WOE we spent an awful lot of time reading labels--but after a few weeks, you learn what is ok and what isn't and it becomes second nature. Good Luck!

Mom2marsh--Welcome! The bandwagon is quite full now--which is great! Glad you are doing so well.

Miata--I'm going to look for a tri tip roast!

Deb--The week will pass before you know it--get busy!:lol: I know it is hard with all the uncertainty about your aunt. I hope she doesn't linger and suffer. I'm thinking about you.

Ok back to work.

Susan

heartmom 01-06-2003 04:35 PM

MUD PIC

Don't know if this will work or not since it was sent to me in email- and the pic is a little distorted- it appears that I have squinty eyes and buck teeth,lol- but you can see the mud.

heartmom 01-06-2003 04:38 PM

Nope didn't work

DEB- if I sent it to you- could you be able to post it?

Solly 01-06-2003 04:45 PM

Good afternoon gang!

Day 1 is almost under our belt. I have a pot of veg soup in the crock pot. Hope it turns out. I know of 2 kids that will be turning up their noses. DH will eat anything and I'm not much on homemade veg soup. Give me a can of Campbell's any day. I'm not much of a cook when it comes to soup. Oh well. It will be dinner.

Hope to get my walk in tonite. It was sleeting here earlier. Maybe I will try the walk off the pounds tape in stead. Will definately get my workout in though.

Fillise, Very interesting article. Seems like more and more people are coming around to our way of thinking. You had to remind me that Derby is only 4 months away. :yikes: much to do before then. Get to the gym.

Bob, as always, you make me laugh.

Tranquil, Girl do you need a exorcism? You need something. Hope you feel better by Friday. Those pounds will be gone before you know it.

Toni, With being so good I'm sure that scale will be kind to you come WIW. SS diet has too much thinking involved with combining those foods. SB is much easier. But everybody is starting to think our way.

Gator, your walking plan is great, but sometimes not just possible. Be happy with getting to walk just once a day if it comes to that. That is much better than nothing. Take one day for rest too. Fuuny that you forgotyour salad. Oh well, now you have something for supper. Good luck to your DD on quitting smoking. I have several friends who I wish would quit also.

Miata, Jiff makes a peanut butter low in sugar called Simply Jiff. It has 2 or 3 grams of sugar which is legal. It doesn't have all that oil that the natural ones do. Plus you can ususally find it at the regular store.

Yellow, GLad those margarita pounds are gone. It is hard to resist them. But I'm trying.

Deb, I know you will be back on track tomorrow. Heck you have to get back on track before all the girls get there. We can't have you corrupting everyone. It is quite understandable from what you are going through. Eating is not a top priority. I hope things with you aunt finalize soon so you can enjoy your trip with the girls.

Mom2March, Good for you. You jumped right back on track. That is wonderful. I'm like you, my cheats would last for days, weeks, months, a year. That is the hardest part.

MaeMae, Welcome to our board. We have a great group of gals & 1 guy. You will get all kinds of support and help here. Good luck.

LKF, So good to hear from you. I have missed your upbeat posts. Great job on losing the 43 lbs. You are doing awesome. Keep up the good work and get back as much as you can.

Country, good for you doing fitday everyday. I just can't seem to find the time to do it.

Sef, MLK is the 20th. The schools and gov is closed, but not our office. Not too many businesses are. Glad your clothes are getting loser. Thanks for the MM. Sometimes our minds and hearts need motivating too.

VR, try a cup of flavored tea after 7:30. That will fill in the gap. Try to find something to do, read, clean exercise, etc. That will take your mind off of it. The things you ate were at least good things. You are doing great.

Trish, Hi, Did you have to solve those computer problems. Wow!

Have a great OP night everyone. Talk to ya tomorrow.

Jackie
257/167/145
10-10-01

heartmom 01-06-2003 04:58 PM

The sweet potatoes didn't show on the scale(thank goodness). I'm at 215 this morning- just 3 more pounds to go!!!!!!!!! My personal motivation is realizing that I've gone to far(was 270) to put it back on. It's just not worth it. This may sound stupid, but earlier I was thinking about how it would feel to step on the scale one day and it said 199- I started to get teary-eyed. I know I have to do this- I will never be happy with myself until I do.

YellowRose 01-06-2003 05:14 PM

MaeMae: Welcome: Yeah, another Texan. What place in Houston is following the SB way of eating? My
daughter lives near Houston and I get down that way from time to time. It looks like you have a good start (if the
bun was WW) but I think you need to add some legal fruits and veggies to your plan like zucchini, cauliflower,
broccoli, etc. Anyone else have ideas?

LKF: WOW! 43 pounds since August. It does make me wonder how it could have been for me if I had been as
diligent as you have been these past months. I am glad the New Year has begun and can look forward to a brand
new start. I haven’t lost over this year but since I got busy after Christmas, I have stayed the same overall.

CountryM: Interesting, my journaling shows too little protein and too much fat. I bet it is still that cheese (50%
Cabot’s) and almonds. (I am weighing them out now and staying to 1 oz.)

Deb: Maybe we will put you into the Detox Dungeon when we get there. Between the three of us, I bet we can push
you in there. I know you are under a lot of stress just now but I hope we can help when we arrive.

Sef: I am happy to hear that your ear problem is better. Wednesday, I go to the doctor to see about my collar bone.
I thought I would go after I returned from Florida but it has been four weeks, so, I thought I would see what is
happening with it.

Heartmom: 199 is not that far away and we will all be cheering and doing the happy dance for you as you
progress.

My dryer is calling my name again. It is nice to be able to get some work done but keep caught up on the board
today.

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 01-06-2003 07:14 PM

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr FROM THE COLD WEST SIDE OF FLA!!!

Temp is supposed to hit 32 degrees tonight :eek: The heat is
going now and it's toasty. These "native Floridians" had on their wool today, and me without even a sweater!

MONET....KROGER will have tri-tip and if you don't see it, ask the butcher to cut you one. I've never fixed it, but I know a lot of people who do..
Sorry we won't get together this round, but I guess I'll just have to stop on my way up I-85 on one of my trips to Greenville.

{{{{{{{{{{WELCOME TO ALL WHO ARE NEW}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Y'all will like it around here...we're not your "usual" FORUM...we get into everything!

This is a quick one...I'm in the middle of something..I'll check in later.

BOB

Ellen 01-06-2003 08:17 PM

BOB: I will mosey into Kroger or Publix and ask the butcher there what it is. I asked my son in law, the chef, who fancies himself very knowledgable about beef and cuts of beef, and he figured it was what we call sirloin tip, tho he said there was two other places where three muscles come together, and perhaps that is what it was. From that he launched into trying to sell me on sharing some very reasonable prime beef he can get through work... yum!

VR 01-06-2003 08:56 PM

Hi Monet..

The Tri-Tip is a cut that a butcher in Santa Maria, CA came up with a long time ago. That's where I was born and raised. Home of the world famous "Santa Maria Style Bar-B-Ques".. It has slowly spread to other parts of the states but has always been a staple more on the Central Coast of Calif...
It will puff up when bar-b-qued (as a roast) and the juices stay nicely inside.. Slice and serve with salsa... wonderful on top! Normally you would have toasted garlic bread, beans and salad..

You can also buy or slice for tri-tip steaks. Prices vary... but it used to be very inexpensive. Costco has both the roasts and steaks...

My husband would be glad to cook one up for you.. Let me know if you find them there.

found this description in a reprint of a1994 article in a Santa Barbara newspaper .."Tri-Tip, the backbone of barbecue.. Sirloins used to be cut with the bone in, and the tri-tip - two per animal, nestled in the sirloin region of the hindquarters - was overlooked as a prized cut. When stores went to boxed beef, tri-tips, which officially go by the name of bottom sirloin, grew popular here, starting about 25 years ago."

This might help you find them!

lindarn 01-06-2003 09:12 PM

Hi everyone .....newbie here with a couple of dumb questions:

1) Is Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour the same as the Whole grain pastry flour??? I noticed that some recipes call for the SGWW and some call for the pastry flour...Can you sub one for the other? Does it matter?

2) In some recipes, honey was listed.....is this considered legal? Can we use it instead of the agave if we can't find it locally?

3) Is it ok to use splenda instead of the fructose or stevia?

4) Are all Kashi brand cereals legal? or just some of them?

5) Canned fruit legal? or too much added sugar?

I'm sure I'll think of some more later, but thanks in advance for your help....glad to be a part of this wonderful forum....

Lin....

Mom2Marsh 01-06-2003 10:10 PM

I'll do my best to answer from what I know. Just remember there is no such thing as a dumb question!

Others on here should be able to expound more: (answers in italics)

1) Is Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour the same as the Whole grain pastry flour??? I noticed that some recipes call for the SGWW and some call for the pastry flour...Can you sub one for the other? Does it matter?
Pastry flour is ground finer than sgww flour. Using sgww flour when pastry flour is called for can weigh down a recipie

2) In some recipes, honey was listed.....is this considered legal? Can we use it instead of the agave if we can't find it locally?
Honey is a no-no. Someone else maybe able to recommend another substitute, but as far as I know no honey or very small quantities of it.

3) Is it ok to use splenda instead of the fructose or stevia?
Gotta leave that to someone else. I do my best to avoid using these sweetners (in fact I don't think I even have any at home.

4) Are all Kashi brand cereals legal? or just some of them?
Only some Kashi cereals are legal. You have to check how any grams of sugar it contains. Also check the ingredients list. A lot of them are honey sweetened.

5) Canned fruit legal? or too much added sugar?
Canned fruit with pear juice concentrate is legal, but Lite syrup and heavy syrup aren't. Be careful though, I've found that the pear juice is very sweet and can trigger massive sweets cravings for me.

Hope that helps some. Need the others to fill in the holes, but it's a start.

--Kat

GatorGal 01-06-2003 10:40 PM

Yellowrose--I’m not sure about Sunday right now. Last year my DH and I drove out there to meet up with everyone and never could make contact. The cell phone thing got all mixed up so that didn’t work out. There was a HUGE mob of people there and we ended up just walking around for about 40 minutes in the pouring rain looking for the group, but we never found them. It was a wild goose chase for us and we could have done what we normally do on Sunday morning instead. I was feeling that it would have worked if I had stayed in the hotel and gone out with the group, but it was difficult otherwise. So, don’t know right now. Depends on the weather and how late we get back on Saturday night.

BOB--I'm shivering right along with you. Brrr. This weather is too cold for me. It will be in the 30's tomorrow morning and AI was hoping to get in a 1.5 mile walk before I left for work. Might have to find time before dinner to get in the exercise. Hopefully it will be warmer by then.

Gotta go. Have French to study, along with a few other things to do.