Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How many people currently reside in your household?
1 1 2.56%
2 12 30.77%
3 7 17.95%
4 12 30.77%
5 4 10.26%
6 2 5.13%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 or more 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 05:20 PM   #76  

Maemae- I think you could have it twice a day. That would be your 2 fruits..

Gracious- Way to go girlfriend on getting those holiday lbs. off.. Can't wait till tomorrow to see how I've done...
Old 01-07-2003, 05:22 PM   #77  

Thanks everyone for your welcome and your replies.....just like I suspected....you guys are great....

Thanks again for making me feel right at home.....

Lin..
Old 01-07-2003, 05:39 PM   #78  

Solshine- Congrads on your dog getting Winners Reserve, thats quite an honor. And of course you have to have a picture.......

Cherylco- And you're going to see that scale drop below 200, look lady how close you are... Yea!!

Mom2Marsh- Good going on bringing your own dinner. Thats great. Maybe when your MIL sees you are really serious she'll start trying to fix meals you can eat. Stay strong!!!

Heartmom-You can do it... Sounds like you're eating just right..

Maemae- Good for you on the fruit. Thats what I do...

Fillise- If that bread recipe is the one on our boards it great.... I've made it before an was so proud of it..

miata-Good for you and curves. Thats so good to hear about your liking TOPS. You sure have the motivation. Thats so exciting.

Yellowrose- Just looked at your numbers and they're so good. You are so near your goal....

Jack-K- I'm so JEALOUS of your numbers... But I'll get over it if I keep on eating right. No more Christmas breaks. Thank goodness.

Gatorgal- Congrads to your daughter on really giving the stop smoking such a big try. I sure do wish her good luck...Yummy your dinner sounds good...

CountryMom- A big howdy to you. Hope everything is going alright.

Well better go start dinner. Or either have a snack. LOL.. Have been so lazy today but did finish the new SB book... Good luck tomorrow on WIW.

213/171/130
Old 01-07-2003, 05:58 PM   #79  
VR

Good Afternoon...

CountryMom... I cannot get over your pictures on the photo board. What a beautiful face and what a difference those lbs make. Keeping that picture in your kitchen should keep you inspired. Job well done!

Jackie... I was thinking that your DD wedding was this weekend also and thought you were keeping very cool....

GatorGal... Why no eggplant in the ratatoulie? I still use the recipe you had on the board a long time ago (the best). Is there something I need to know about eggplant?

Miata... I'm gonna go back to the Curves that is close to me b/4 the end of the week. There hours are a little strange M - F 9a to noon and 4p to 7 or 8pm. Not open Sat or Sun. QUESTION for you: Do you have to come in at a specific time to catch the workout or do you just start in at a specific place when it's available... I understand the set up as far as machines and platforms. Thanks..

Deb... Do you ever hear from Vivian, Beach Fan (Anna), Bunny, SusanV, Barbee, or the young lady from Hawaii...
I may not have a lot of these names right.

Take care everyone...
Old 01-07-2003, 06:32 PM   #80  

Default Happy Tuesday

I am just checking in so that I can say Hello before I crash to bed...still sick....I am a walking, whining germ!!!

Lyn - You are so sweet to offer to push my wheelchair!!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes - I am trying, trying, trying - so that I can be somewhat fun to be around this weekend....

Poor Serene has to be stuck with me at work blowing my nose, coughing, the whole shebang and then ride with me to Orlando listening to more of it - and at this very moment, Junior Germ, my wonderful son, is now breathing heavily on me to feed him and get him tucked in bed - he waited until school started before he got sick...

Oh before I go - got the new SBer book! YEAH!!!!!!! Ready to read and get back on 100% program!!!!

Sabrina
Old 01-07-2003, 07:17 PM   #81  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

Thanks for the warm welcome and the great advice! I've just been to the library and requested "eat yourself slim" and picked up a copy of "sugarbusters for kids". This has a sugarbusters food pyramid in it. For the other newbies here's the basics....

whole grain bread,cereal etc low gi 6-10 serves
fruit gruop 2-4 serves
high fiber vege 3-5 serves
lean meat,fish, poultry eggs 2-3 serves
dry beans,soy,legumes,seeds and nuts 1-2 serves
1%red fat milk, yoghurt and cheese 2-3 serves
fats oils and sweets use sparingly

I hope this is as helpful to the rest of you as it will be to me. I like being able to have a guide so I know that I'm eating enough. I have a busy day with 3 children under 6 and it's school holidays here for 6 weeks. I find I often get to the end of the day and in thinking back realise I've hardly eaten a thing.

The internet is a great way of not picking tho!!!

Just a question an I have things like diabetic jams etc? What about ww cordials, jelly etc? Are these ok or do I need to label read? What is the best guide as far as max sugar grams in a product?

Well it's lunchtime here 1.10pm and I'd better go and eat. I'll join you guys tomorrow for a weigh in!

Anna
Old 01-07-2003, 08:49 PM   #82  
Little Engine That Could

VR--No there's nothing you have to worry about with eggplant. But I was making a hurry-up version of ratatouille, and so just take a few yellow and green squash and sauté them a tad, add onions and garlic. Cook a little more and add the tomatoes and let it cook till done. The eggplant require a little more oil and one more step and I was not in the mood to do the whole hog recipe.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:51 PM   #83  
VR

GG.. glad to hear that because your recipe is really a favorite of mine. I swear I can eat the whole thing in a couple of days..

I wonder if it's still posted on the board.

Take care
Old 01-07-2003, 10:12 PM   #84  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Okay, I said do or die - anyone want to order my casket?

Michael just got off the computer, I get on and Lauren tells me she needs the computer to finish homework. I asked for 5 minutes - my time is just about up. In fact she is standing here tellig me my 5 minutes are up!

I'm going to bed, hoping to get in some sleep. ELI's car died today and he just found out he may have to go open the store at 4:45am tomorrow, meaning, if we can't jump it, I'm going to have to drive him to work at that time, come home and get the kids off to school. Tomorrow is going to be a VERY busy and full day for me, trying to get things ready for Orlando AND go see my Aunt (yes, she's still alive!).

A quickie toALL THE NEWBIES Please forgive me at this time for not being able to address each and every one of you individually as I normally do. The gals on the board will explain this unusual behavior of mine I promise to be "back to normal" come Monday! Those who know me may think otherwise

{{{HUGS}}} to you all!

Debbie
Old 01-07-2003, 10:16 PM   #85  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Oops, almost forgot, TOMORROW IS WIW! Sorry, I won't be participating

Sorry, I also forgot about chat - my brain isn't here. I promise, next week, will have a LOT to chat about!!!!

Toodles
Old 01-07-2003, 10:38 PM   #86  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

Me again.

GatorGal, Thanks for the advice re australian website. Have found it and will be useful.

It is www.glycemicindex.com and is very relevant to nz and australian products but might be worth a look for anyone.

Bye I'm off now to hunt thru some fave recipe books to see what I can convert to this WOE. I might post back tomorrow and run a few past you guys to see if I can use.

Anna
Old 01-07-2003, 11:20 PM   #87  

Good Evening!

I had my doctors appointment. I left feeling encouraged, tho it was not all good news. He increased my T-3 thyroid hormones, and gave me a schedule he wants me to follow in the dosing. I have to go back in a month to see how it is working. He diagnosed the rather severe chest pains I have been having. Yes, I know this is the first I mentioned them on here. I don't like talking about it if I don't know what it is. I was pretty sure it was not my heart... Anyway, it is a viral caused inflammation of the chest lining. I can't remember the actual name that it is called. He put me on anti inflammatories for it, and said it should clear up quickly. I have had it before but never this bad. He said it does recur, he has it and gets it after being sick often...so the mono probably triggered it. Makes sense. He then decided he wanted to weigh me on his new office scale..he has a new office...so we went out to the scale. I got on and nearly freaked! His scale was 25 pounds heavier than mine at home! I was pretty upset, when he said, "Ok, put your hands on my head, and pray to lose weight." I balked, and a drug rep down the hall started laughing. He pressed me to do it, so I finally said ok. I wanted to say, HEAL!, but I did not...anyway, I got back on the scale and was miraculously 20 pounds lighter! The stinker had put his foot on the scale to tease me! I laughed all the way home!

On a more depressing note, I am not going to be able to go to the get together in Orlando this weekend. We were going to be driving from Atlanta, and are having some car trouble that we can't get resolved in time to go. It was a hard decision, but we talked it out and decided not going was going to be best. I think next time, I will just buy a plane ticket and fly!

Eating today was a bit out of kilter. I had my usual bacon and eggs for breakfast, but forgot to eat lunch before I set out for the doctors. As usual, I ended up being there much longer than I anticipated, and did not get home until late afternoon- like five! (my appointment was at 1!!) I ate a protein bar, then had a nice pork chop, green beans and some savory lentils for dinner. I was pleased with the lentils. They are very low GI, and surprisingly good! That was the first time I have had then in years!

I had hoped to do individual posts, but it is bed time, and I am so tired! I will try and address everyone tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:41 PM   #88  

Heck Monet, Trish & I will be having a lay-over in Atlanta Thurs morning, jsu come down & we'll stw you away in our carry-on luggage & you can be with us! I'm really sad to hear that you will not get to join us.

OK, I've got great news. DD's double wide was delivered & set up today. woohoo!! Are we excited!

I did my 12 hr shift today & I'mm off for a whole week. Tomorrow I start packing. I've made my copies of reciepes. Got my gift to bring & email from Deb all printed up to make sure I pack everything I'm suppose to bring. Now I'm heading for bed. Will check in tomorrow am.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:12 AM   #89  
"I'm working on it!"

Default WIW

Morning Everyone!

Oh my goodness! Look at all the new people on board! Welcome to Sugarbusters. As you've probably found out, the people on here are the best and will give you lots of support, answers and friendship.

I don't get on here too often, but I'm going to try to get on at least for WIW.

Forgive me for not addressing individuals. We've been really busy renovating. I'm really tired and not on the computer very much at all lately (which is unusual for me!)

I'm really disappointed with the scale this morning It put me UP to 170!!! I haven't been that high for a while. It's just very frustrating cause I've been a good girl. I have been doing really well for a week with eating about 95% on plan AND I've been EXERCISING every day! And then I get "rewarded" with a gain!!????

I knew the scale would be up cause my pants were snug. Maybe I've been having too much salt and it's just water gain

I'll just have to take the GOOD news I saw in the mirror last night (YES! I took a good look!). I could tell that my belly was a little bigger(hopefully water bloat) but I could see my ribs just below my bust and it looked like my waist (at the sides) was nipped in a bit so that I've got the "hourglass" thing going on.

I'll keep trying my best to eat OP and exercise. I know I feel better when I eat OP and that's good. Eventually that weight will have to go! I might have to get in more water too. Thinking over the past couple of days, I haven't had enough water. I have Montignac's book, so I think I better get to studying that and maybe I can tweak my eating.

Thanks for letting vent!

I hope everyone else has a good WIW!
Old 01-08-2003, 07:43 AM   #90  

Default Back from the Eating Graveyard

Hello Everybody!!!!

I just wanted to report in with a long overdue greeting. I haven't read anything this week, but want to try and catch up. Hope you all had really special holiday times and that your new year is off to a SMASH.

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm back tracking the intake. I went back to Fitday.com to chart what's going in so that some other things will come off. So very sorry I took a nose dive there for a while. You all were never far from my thoughts. Can't wait to get back with you all on a regular basis and meet some of the newbies. I hope some of the oldie-but-not-moldies haven't gone anywhere during my absence.

Confession: haven't gotten on the scale in over a month. I think I'm too emotionally fragile to tackle that beast at this point.

Hugs to all,
Kim
Closed Thread