Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How many people currently reside in your household?
1 1 2.56%
2 12 30.77%
3 7 17.95%
4 12 30.77%
5 4 10.26%
6 2 5.13%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 or more 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 04:37 PM   #241  

Happy Sunday Afternoon!

I have stuffed Poblano peppers in the oven...trying to improve the recipe. I am taking a breather before dinner, then we will head to church. (our church has two seperate congregations...morning and evening. The evening is mostly young Generation Xers...which I enjoy relating to, so we go to the evening service. Its great to see the tattooed, pierced younger generation make church a priority) My daughter dropped by after church (at our old church), and brought a bunch of her friends over with her, on their way to some store. They sat around and chatted with me for an hour before heading out again. If I had known she was bringing them, I would have tried to clean up a bit. I have Christmas stuff all over the place! I tried to get rubbermaid bins to store all the decorations in, but Home Depot was out of lids! I need to go to another Home Depot, but in the mean time, there are lights, and ornaments, and stockings and all kinds of stuff, laying all over the place! I had to clean off the sofa so there would be a place to sit! Arrrgghhh!!!

Can't wait to see all the pictures from the Orlando get together!

FILLISE: The dresses sound lovely! Do post pictures! When are you coming to Atlanta? Make it soon!

TONI: It is an incredible farmers market, but unfortunately, it is kind of far away. I am going to plan on making the trip at least once a month tho! And on a week day morning! It was SO crowded, you could barely move in there!

BOB: You made it through Wal Mart with a list? Who are you and what did you do with BOB?

SERENE: Thanks for the update on Orlando '03! I am so sorry Tranquil was sick, and you two had to leave early. Hope she is better soon. This sure has lingered with her. Make sure she is taking LOTS of vitamin C, and chicken soup. I am looking forward to seeing your pix!
Old 01-12-2003, 04:44 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Sunday afternoon,

Hi, finnaly got on here. Mys dsl was down yesterday. Now I have to run and fix dinner so DD & I can go get our haircut and he dryer just went off.

Going t post a few quick replies and then I will be back later to finish the posts. Now don't talk too much while I'm gone, I'm already so far behind.Monet, Add some shredded wheat and bran cereal, some rye krisp crakers, some worchester (sp) sauce and you hav great legal chex mix. Yeah for not having to cook. I look for every opportunity. Yuk $600 for car repairs. I hate that stuff.

To all the Orlando girls, sounds like you are having a ball. I'm so jealous. Wish I were there. By now the race is over and Deb i"m sure you did great. Sorry I missed you. Just ran to th grocery. I hope you all are going to share that cookbook.

Bob, you are too funny. Glad you posted, I was getting worried about you.

Toni, Hi, I'm behind too.

VR, Hi to you too.

Gator, Now that you ahve made me hungry with all that detail about the lunch. It sounds like a wonderful spread.

Sef, thanks for the soup recipe, I will try it.

Solshine, thanks for the report on the girls. Sounds like they are close to being kicked out of eerywhere they go.

Zanne, WTG on losing those 2 lbs. I hope they stay lost too.

Cpuntrymom, Hi, Hope you are having a good day.

Fillise, Yeah for those 2.5 pounds disappearing.

Later, Jackie
Old 01-12-2003, 05:07 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/josephboogie

This is Boogie's web page- there are pics in his photo gallery.

QUILTER- Boogie is doing wonderful!! He's growing soo much and this surgery has really helped him. We HOPE he won't have any more surgeries-but with his type of heart defect, it's not certain.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:19 PM   #244  

Toni48:

From what I understand basmati rice generally isn't from around here, however, it is the best rice to eat on SB or any low GI diet. You can even eat white basmati rice supposedly (I wouldn't).

Texmati is known for making excellent rice. It is in our local grocery store.

http://www.foodtv.com/terms/tt-r2/0,4474,573,00.html

I imagine any long grain brown basmati rice should do the trick. I am not sure if it tastes as great as texmati or not since I am new to basmati rice.

http://www.foodtv.com/terms/tt-r2/0,4474,280,00.html

Strangely, the sugar free kitchen only caries normal texmati not the stuff we bought.

http://www.sugarfreekitchen.com/sugarfree-rice.html

I am not sure the real difference because the below URL leads you to believe that Texmati is just US grown basmati.

http://www.foodreference.com/html/artbasmatirice.html

The only other URL I found with minimal looking which seems to have the exact name as we bought it (Texmati, Basmati Brown Rice) is below

http://www.texmex.net/products/foods.htm

It seems a little confusing but looks like texmati is just US grown basmati rice. Sorry for all the URLs heheh. To top it off there is also a Kasmati basmati rice which is supposed to be an indian style basmati rice, I haven't really looked at it.

Anyway, there is an overkill of info on it aside from the WHY, which has to do with GI and amylose in long grain rices...I figure you are already up on all that though.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:11 PM   #245  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Talking SHE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

DEBELLI CROSSES THE FINISH LINE IN 2 HOURS 51 MINUTES LOOKING AS FRESH AND HAPPY AS CAN BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'd never know the gal only got, like, 4 hours of sleep last night!!!!

It was rather chilly this morning at dark-o-thirty! But we all bundled up and headed to EPCOT for the starting line. It was MEISTER (my dh), MELF, YELLOWROSE and TRISHALOO. We had some party noise makers that DEBBIE brought and, boy did we make some noise! They actually came in handy a couple of times when we got separated. We saw DEBBIE 4 times during her race - at the start, mile 4, mile 9 and the finish line. We all tried to get pictures, but who knows how they turned out.... We're sooo proud of her!! She was hoping to beat 3 hours and, by golly, she did with plenty of room to spare! She thought the weather was PERFECT - it was clear, crisp (not too humid) and a bit breezy. (Too cool for us spectators, but perfect for those hard working marathoners}

Yesterday we ate breakfast and lounged around a while before going to the expo to get DEBBIE's race pack. I had printed out everyone's post after ours so everyone could read them over breakfast - I think that was about the only time it was quiet all week-end!

While we were at the EXPO we got to see ZSUZSU and her baby boy who is absolutely adorable! We got to talk to QUILTER on the phone - and that was a great treat! Then we were off to Winter Park for the pontoon boat ride around the beautiful big houses. (AGAIN, BKM, was VERY WELL AWARE OF HER SURROUNDINGS......but I'm going to let her explain! We shopped on Park Ave and then headed to the Outback for dinner.

Picked up the gals at the hotel at 4:30am and we figured we walked quite a few miles today ourselves. Let me tell you - if you GOTTA have something done MELF is the one to ask - that lady gets her mind set on a mission and AIN'T NUTHIN' gonna st5p her! She was booking it at about 20 mph to get to the finish line so we didn't miss cheering for DEBBIE.

After the race we headed back to the hotel where everyone freshened up and packed up....off to ITALIANNI'S for lunch....
CLOSED! No longer in service...... okay..... so we go to CAFE TU TU TANGO for lunch instead. This place serves only appetizers and they suggested 2 per person so we followed their suggestion - they brought complimentary hummus for us too. It was a feast and there was so much we couldn't eat it all. Some good stuff, some okay stuff..... and we were very hungry!

We said our good bye's in the parking lot and I felt like crying all the way home. It's like saying good bye to your favorite cousins knowing that it may be a while before you get to see them again.

MEISTER and I came home and took "the princess" out to "zoomie" so we could take a nap. I'm up and munching on left-overs from our Friday Feast as I TRY to keep this brief. I want to give everyone an opportunity to fill in the details. MELF, YELLOWROSE and TRISHALOO all fly out tomorrow morning so maybe you'll hear from them on Tuesday.

ADAMS - I ABSOLUTELY LOVE BASMATI RICE!!! It smells sooooooo divine while it's cooking and I don't think I could stand plain ole white rice after having basmati..... I'm totally spoiled with it.

Okay, gotta run.....I'm sure you'll be hearing from everyone else soon.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:24 PM   #246  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

OK...IF ITALIANI'S WAS CLOSED, I'M GLAD I DIDN'T GO!!! For those of you who have never eaten at one, IT'S MOLICIOUS!!!! and they fix a mean [i]DIRTY MARTINI!!!

Sounds like Deb is ready for the NY MARATHON!! CONGRATS GIRL!

I know the girls enjoyed the boat ride, but I can't wait to hear just exactly what's up with BKM????????

This description of the nighty show should prove to be rich.
Knowing these gals, I'm sure it was something to see!

Well, I'm off to do dishes...I baked a ham today and it was really good! Of course I had fresh green beans

Hope everyone has a good evening...I'm watching the JFK JR movie.

BOB
Old 01-12-2003, 07:59 PM   #247  

Default Sunday Night Report!

I just talked with what's left of the FL Gang. Sounds like the laughter is still going strong in the background. DEB sounded good. I told her we all were so proud of her for doing this. Let's all be sure and give her lots of praise for this major accomplishment. Think back to where she was years ago and now what she's able to do. She's incentive for all of us to use the power within us.

I also talked to TRISHALOO and YELLOWROSE and they both have the sweetest Texas accents. They are funny and adorable. TRISH said they are doing the half next year. Isn't that great? There will be a big crowd there.

Okay, that's it for me. See you on the flip side.
Kim
Old 01-12-2003, 08:30 PM   #248  

Dh and I had a lovely Sunday here in sunny south Florida. We went to an art museum with our son and dil and then to an early dinner (yes, I was bad - but I have lost 2 of the 5 regained pounds and needed to have a big Cosmopolitan). And dil brought me lemon bars - which my other dil usually makes for the holidays and didn't - she knew I missed having them. So I did have 2 small ones and the rest will be frozen for another day!

Monet - Your farmer's market sounds unreal. The ones we have here are nice but yours tops them!

Meliris - Glad your ankle is starting to improve. Yes, dh and I will often go to a grocery store on a Saturday night - when we go out just the two of us.

Adams - I made up a large batch of brown Basmati rice and froze it in 1 cup packets. Then, when I want some, into the microwave!

Gatorgal - My oldest ( the one we spent the day with today) is a Gator! And watches or goes to every game he can. He wears Gator clothing down to the underpants on those days - and tho he and dil have no children - they dress their Dobermans in Gator stuff!!!

Fellise - The gown sounds perfect!

Serene - Can't wait to see the pictures.

Heartmom - I went to your site and what a handsome child you have! Let's all pray that he won't need to go through any more surgeries. My grandson had to have a serious heart surgery two years ago and is perfect now - thankfully his defect was caught in time.

Solshine and Quilter - Thanks for the updates. Wow! Debbie is something else!!!!!

:devil: :mad: :( :( :(
Old 01-12-2003, 08:31 PM   #249  

LOL - please ignore the devil et al at the bottom of my post.....I goofed!
Old 01-12-2003, 09:02 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm back.

Got dinner over with and then out to get my haircut. Deb alled while I was out. Twice I missed her today.

Can't wait to find out what's up with BKM. Now that she went to O'town, she had better get back on the board.

Deb We are so proud of you. You kicked butt today. We knew you could do it.

Just wanted to catch up before bedtime. DH is sitting in front of the fire w/o me so I must run.
Filise, take some hard boiled eggs or egg salad with you. Peanut butter. I went and stoced up on food today too. It feels good to have something in the house. Your dress sounds awesome. Please take some pics so we cn see it. Sounds like you had a great shopping trip. You did great eating at Carrabas. I haven't been there yet.

Serene, So sorry your and Tranquil had to cut the trip short. So hope she is feeling better today. Sounds like it was a wild weekend though.

Miata, Have fun a curves. You are doing great getting there all the time.

Quilter, thanks for the report on the Orlando girls. I hvae missed 2 phone calls from them.

Nomoresugar. Stay on track and those holiday pounds wil drop right off.

Toni, housecleanng is such a chore. We burn wood and it does make a mess. My house neer looks really clean from it.

Monet, peach tea sounds yummy. Very soothing.

Mel, don't feel too bad, you are not alone. Glad your ankle is getting better.

Gator, that was an exciting game. Glad you had a good time.

Bob, can't believe you made it through Walmart with only the things on your list. No movies??

Solshine. Thanks for the update. Sounds like a wild and fun time.

See everyone tomorrow.

Jackie
Old 01-13-2003, 02:57 AM   #251  

Hi Everybody, just wanted to say hi, and hope you all had a great weekend. I didn't do badly...I got Sat off and just did what I wanted in my house, didn't go anywhere except the store..Today I went to a baby shower of some one I just found out was preg..It took her 7 years to get that way, I put frogs on a quilt and gave it to her un quilted, then I told her I had to have it back to quilt it..She was happy with it. Didn't have any dessert there,may have snuck in a cracker or two but all in all I did ok.

Congradulation Deb..You did good!!! I would never be able to run like that skinny or fat!!! I just am not a runner. I saw your picture in the photo section..You are really pretty. So slim and trim.

Country mom..How is the ice skating coming along??? I had no idea people did that..So you just pack snow into a rink and then do you put water on it, and let nature do its thing???? Are you a good skater??? I bet it is good exercise...

To every one else posting..Hello and I wish you WEll.

Kathy
Closed Thread