Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How many people currently reside in your household?
1 1 2.56%
2 12 30.77%
3 7 17.95%
4 12 30.77%
5 4 10.26%
6 2 5.13%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 or more 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 03:33 PM   #166  
Goddess

Thumbs down Thursday afternoon

Thursday afternoon and a few feww minutes. I'm at the church and am getting ready to put on my other hat for the rest of the afternoon!

Jackie--I will check out the Oprah site. Thanks for the info!

Heart--those last holiday pounds can drop at anytime and then you will be into NEW LOW territory! Yippee!

Serene--Have fun in Orlando!

Maemae--Ok we need to pass a rule--no more Texas folks and no more Fla folks till we get some more Alabama folks on the board!

Miata--I'm going to start back with the weights too. I'm actually thinking of looking into the pilates machines at my gym--I always injure something when i work with weight machines or free weights.

Dawn--I know what you mean about the VD candy---I'm probably the most militantly anti-VD day person on this board. When I walked into the store a few days after CHristmas and saw the VD candy--I swore--loudly!

Monet--I'm thinking we should hire you as the board cook. every morning you can post one of your delish SB recipes and we will all cook it that evening. What do you think everyone?

Adams--welcome to you and your wife! It's always nice to have some fellas on the board!

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Susan
Old 01-09-2003, 03:36 PM   #167  
Maemae77536

Ok Fillise................But Houston was once again named the #1 city for overweight people.................I want to make that one less....))
Old 01-09-2003, 04:20 PM   #168  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Hmmm...

Well, I did my measurements this morning and the scale, tape measure and pants-o-meter all say the same thing--I'm BIGGER in the waist! And it's only the waist. My other measurements are the same as last week--I even used two different tapes to double check!

I just don't get it, but I'm not going to let it get me down. I'm going to wait and see if it's due to being mid-cycle. Lately I've been able to FEEL midcycle and I know DEB always says she gains at that time too.

After eating my lunch, I could just feel my waistband getting tighter. I had some baked fish between some wwbread (1 slice cut in half), a glass of milk, about 10 triscuits with homemade salsa. That was it.

So instead of dwelling on it, I took DS outside and we started setting up the skating rink. I was shovelling snow in the yard to make the boarder(we now have a shovelled lawn!) and then had to pack all the snow down into a tight little perimeter wall. We were out for 1 1/2 hours. Does that count as exercise?

I hauled out the mini-trampoline for DS and he's been jumping on it! He thinks it's great fun! Me too actually. I've been bouncing too!

JACKK--thanks for the info about the journal on the Oprah site. It's very easy to use and you can set up several different journals like you said. It let's you title the entry if you wish and automatically adds the date. I think we can also set up journals on this site too. After I wrote down what I've eaten, I see that I need more fruit and maybe to cut back on starchy carbs. I need more water too.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:21 PM   #169  

Hello all,

Bored at work, so I'm stealing a few minutes to post.

I'm about ready to go nuts! I've had this song from "Bear in the Big Blue House" stuck in my head for two days now!!!!

Dawnstorm- WTG on resisting the candies. I have a weakness for Necco's. Those things are like crack to me!

Jack-K- Thanks for the tip about Oprah's site. I'm going to have to check that out.

Serene, Deb and the rest of the crew headed to FL- Have fun! Think about us at least once!

Well, I'm off to check out the recipie boards and get some fresh ideas!

--Kat
Old 01-09-2003, 04:52 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Well I'm off to get my nails done and then home to a pot of bean soup. Just so glad I don't have to come up with something to cook.

Dawn, good for you passing that candy. You are heading in the right direction. I was in KMart the day after Christmas and they already had their Valentine's stuff out too. Couldn't believe it.

Miata, Here's what I do when going to someone's house. I call ahead and tell them I hope they don't think I'm rude, but can I ask what you are serving. Explain that you are doing SB and need to plan ahead. If they are having something legal than maybe you only need to take a ww bun or bread or some triscuits to get through those dipping things. No one ever minds me asking. In fact, I have done it soo much that people are starting to make sure they have things that I can eat. Pretty neat.

Serene, if you need a butt kicking I hope Deb gives you one. Now you all stay legal down there. You wouldn't dare cheat with all those SB people watching would you??? Hope you find some motivation, have a wonderful time and please tell Tranquill that we are missing her too.

Heartmom, only 1 1/2 to go! That is great. You can do it and once you get those pounds off keep on going to your goal.

Fillise, Hey, we need a few Kentucky girls on here before anymore ALa girls. There's more of yhou than me. I think Monet should actually cook the meals for us.

Zanne, I think shoveling all that snow is great exercise. My pants always get tight after I eat. No matter how little. Don't dwell on the scale and stuff, you have to feel better and you know this works, so it will start to happen for you soon. Add some veggies too.

Mom2Marsh, I can't get the Dixie Chicks' new song out of my had. Don't ya hate it.

Have a great evening everyone. See ya tomorrow

Jackie
Old 01-09-2003, 04:54 PM   #171  

Howdy all,

I just want ya’ll to know that I typed up a HUGE post on Monday to kick off my re-dedication to SB, but when I tried to post it, I got an error saying that I had too many of those smilies. It said to go back and correct it, but when I went back, my message was GONE!! So what is the limit, anyone know? I sure don’t want to do that again!!

I got on that dreaded scale Sunday morning to get me a good starting back weight, and I didn’t like it at all!! It said 155 – last week it was 151. I do think that it is TOM because certain hilly areas of my body have been SOOOO SORE this week. I mean really sore, like in the beginning of pregnancy. Its getting better now and the scale was down to 152 today. I have a hard time keeping up with my cycle since I had that hysterectomy last February. That is what I’m gonna use as my excuse anyhow…

I’m doing pretty good at eating right. I only wish I didn’t love french fries soo much! I took the kids to taco bell last night and they have the BEST FRIES. Of course, my 10 year old said “Mom, get me some fries to eat on the way home” – I only ate 2. They are sooo good with nacho cheese. There is simply no replacement for them that is OP. I can make myself my next to favorite, pizza, on the sgww pita bread, so I guess I’ll just be thankful for that!! I made legal chili last night and it was sooo good that I ate it for breakfast too!! Been trying to steer clear of the starchies as much as possible and have done fairly decent on water intake. Kicking that old Mountain Dew habit again… I broke down today and did a diet dew, but that’s better than the real thing. I don’t even like them but must have been needing the caffeine cause I sure feel better since I had it!!

I don’t remember if I ever told you all about us starting a “goat farm” (term used loosely) last year. We only started out with Nannys and just got them to help keep our pasture from getting so grown up and our bushhogging time down. Well, my DH and BIL got a Billy awhile back and we had our first babies last Friday night! They are so cute – twins. The billy is a 100% Boer goat – they are the ones with the red (brown to me) heads and are white everywhere else. The mommy isn’t a Boer, but one of the babies has a redhead and one is just white. We have 9 or 10 more that will be delivering soon. My boys just love all of this goat stuff! The goats were down at my house (fence comes up along the edge of my yard) this morning and saw me off to work! They are so funny. We have a big dog (Great Peranase, spelling??) that guards them and her puppy is learning the ropes. They are amazing to watch.

The board has really been hopping, gonna try and get a few personals done, but I’m sure I won’t get to everyone – please forgive me in advance!

Mel – Oh, so sorry about your ankle! Hope it gets better soon!

Monet – I think you did the right thing with the cell phone. My Mom was tough when I was growing up and I hated her back then, but now I know exactly where she was coming from and love her more for being stern with me. I think I know what that word is for your chest inflammation, don’t know about the spelling, but my husband had it once, pleurosy?? It’s very painful. Hope you are feeling better. I like having a doctor that will cut up with me. My GYN is that way. Makes going to the doc much less painful! BTW, I’m a hypothyroid too. I had a spell last year and had to more than double my synthroid. Thought I was gonna have to push some of the T3 stuff at my general doctor, but we finally got my TSH back down. I think the last test showed me at 2.??. It had gone up to 100+ all at once! Come to think of it, I’m getting close to a yearly check – I need to look and see when I’m due a trip to the lab…

Fillise – WAR EAGLE girl! That little fellow who is so good from NC is actually from my little hometown of Athens, AL. Wonder why AL or AU didn’t pick him up. Bet they are kickin theirselves now…

Tranquil – Hope you feel better soon.

Quilter – WELCOME BACK – GOOD TO SEE YA!

Gator – Definitely, thyroid can keep you from losing. It’s a lost cause for me to diet when my TSH is high. Oh, yeah, is it you that has a DD or someone that is trying to stop ? I have been quit now for almost 2 years, Zyban really did it for me.

Toni – 5 LBS IS ABSOLUTELY GGRREEAATT!!!!!

Gotta run – Outta time…

Cya,
Teresa
Old 01-09-2003, 05:05 PM   #172  

Just getting some recipies off the boards and ran into a question. My SB buddy's birthday is next week, so we're doing a mini-party during our staff meeting Tuesday. Our office manager is very cool about us doing SB and really tries to accomodate us. I volunteered to make her a cake that we could legally eat (we're not going to tell the rest of the staff and see if they notice). Question is, the recipe I found says to top with your own legal frosting. Any tips on making a legal frosting?

Thanks,
Kat
Old 01-09-2003, 05:17 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Jack-k- Do you have any before and now pics?

Just got back from taking Boogie to get Synagis shots-won't do that again. He's at the age limit where he really doesn't need them anymore anyway. Poor baby it seems like everytime we go to the doc(alot) he has to get a shot. Plus, next week he is due for the 2nd part of his flu shot. But at least he handles the doc office pretty well.

I'm really pretty hungry today. I plan on cooking spaghetti for supper and salad. I always have just the meat sauce, while the kids and hubby eat the noodles. But I eat alot more salad than they do,lol.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:21 PM   #174  

trying out a pic...
Old 01-09-2003, 05:30 PM   #175  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Zanne...

Have you ever tried cucumbers with the homemade salasa...it's delicious. You bet moving snow is exercise...one of the toughest I've heard. We love salsa...mine is hot and sweet. I have made it with the splenda but it taste better with the sugar so I leave it in there.

Love,
Crystle
Old 01-09-2003, 05:49 PM   #176  

Thank you everyone for all of your help with this WOE. Also all of you that are meeting in Fl have fun.
Old 01-09-2003, 06:27 PM   #177  

TV: Ouch! Pleuresy is painful! But that is not what I have. This is something that starts with a chron... like chronditis or something. My husband's cousin has a Grand Pyrennes. When it had puppies, my daughter wanted one of them! Such beautiful dogs! The goats sound like fun. Are you going to sell them? Milk them? I understand Curry Goat is really good!

MOM2: You could use a whipped cream frosting. It would be high in fat, but you can use splenda in it and it would be essentially legal. It is best if you stabilize it. I have a recipe somewhere for it, if you are interested, or search online for stabilized whipped cream. You could also melt 70% chocolate, and add cream to it to make a ganache icing. If you had more time, you could buy powdered maltitol sugar replacement and make an icing with it. A friend of mine was telling me it works just like powdered sugar. I can't wait to try it!

JACK: Hey, bean soup! Thanks for the idea. I have some leftover ham, that I think I will toss in with some black beans and call it dinner. Maybe my husband will like it...if not, oh well!

ZANNE: I hope the belly bloat is gone really soon. I always feel like a ball... If you are insulin resistant, you tend to gain in the belly, and have an apple shape. Boy do it. I was whining to the doctor the other day that I have lost almost 40 pounds over the last two years, but none of it from my belly. I am going to look like a lollipop on two sticks if I don't start losing from the belly!

Time to go and make a stab at cooking dinner....
Old 01-09-2003, 07:21 PM   #178  

So I am the only dude on here? ...man (no pun intended).

Thanks for all the tips btw...I think my wife and I will do good on SB.

Does anyone on here look at their BMI? Says it is supposed to be under 25. It would be nearly impossible for me to get under 25 I am thinking. Even when I was in tip-top shape my weight was up there (I know muscle weight is heavy). I am just wondering how much give BMI has as far as recomendations go.

Forgot to ask...what's the story on enriched wheat flour. SB says the more processed the worse it is. If it is enriched it has probably been processed to some extent. Even things like enriched whole wheat flour. We have quite a few products we bought this week that have enriched wheat flours.

Last edited by adams; 01-09-2003 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:08 PM   #179  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

Greetings fellow SB's. I'd say afternoon but I think it's more like evening in your neck of the woods.

Had a wonderful day in the country. Kids ran themselves ragged and slept well. Easy to keep OP as there are no shops around. Ifound that the only food I took was legal so therefore had great day! Lots of walking in the sunshine so one of those recharge your battery days. Good for the soul!

Boy have you guys been busy. I'm going crosseyed trying to catch up on all these pages! A definate theme of food!

Talking of food. Can anyone help with ideas to take to coffee mornings. We all take a plate sometimes morning teatime sometimes lunch. I'm a bit stmped on what I can take or eat when there. Figured best idea was take something I know I can eat. Would appreciate some suggestions.

JACK-K Thanks for the Oprah tip I'm heading there next for a look.

Thanks for all the tips and support.

You guys are great!
Old 01-09-2003, 08:42 PM   #180  

adams- you aren't the only guy around- there's another one-but it's been a little bit since he posted.

If it's enriched you should stay away from it-look for whole wheat in the ingredients. But every once in a while(seldom) I will sneak a few Town House's wheat crackers which are made from enriched wheat flour. When I do, I only eat a serving or less and it's a rare treat.
BTW-WELCOME!
Closed Thread