Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: In your immediate family, who has a weight problem (check all that apply)
My spouse 2 9.52%
One of my parents 3 14.29%
Both of my parents 2 9.52%
One sibling 4 19.05%
2 or more siblings 1 4.76%
One grandparent 1 4.76%
More than one grandparent 4 19.05%
One child 1 4.76%
More than one child 1 4.76%
Just me - wow, just my luck! 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 05:55 PM   #31  

Hey everyone! I have been such a stranger but it has been a busy few months for me. At the end, my friend is married, so is my brother and I've taken a vacation to mexico. I have absolutely gone off SB, but I have been able to maintain my weight since I reached my goal weight. Not feeling so hot lately so I have decided to get back to the gym and to try to eat better. One thing that I can say that I have permanently changed since starting SB is that I only eat WW bread. Before I never touched the stuff. It's cool how things stick if you keep at it.

Office parties equal donuts and cookies, and although I do indulge every once and a while, I'm not running to the cookie table like i was this summer. I know that this weather allows us to get lazy and soft..i can't let that happen!! I think I've already gained like 3 pounds of pure fat..it's all in my butt!! The worst thing is that my mom works for the poppycock/fiddle faddle company..when I go home..it's just sitting there!! Can you imagine? Grapefruit season is arriving..can't wait to start eating those for breakfast...

Anyway I'm babbling. Hope you are all well..I'm off to the gym!

Quirine
Old 12-10-2002, 06:10 PM   #32  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD TUESDAY EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!!

Great day today, and BOB is 3 lbs lighter!!!! I'm gonna be
at least down 30lbs by the time I see everyone next month! Just have to keep the lip zipped during my trip at Christmas! Especially since there will be a trip to Mississippi in there...it's the land of good PRALEINS (sp?)

DANG...everyone merged onto the board all at once today!!! Let's see if I can get to everyone.

And look who slid home to do a post????

LKF....WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??? It's good to see you on here again...thought maybe you were with that bunch from BAMA looking for BEAR BRYANT to get them out of this mess they're in!
Welcome back!!

JACKIE...home gym???? Hmmmmmmmm maybe I'll come over and give it a try in May when I come up for the baby's first birthday.
It's on DERBY DAY this year... Good going on the shopping...twelve more isn't bad...I'm just now getting started on the wrapping. Got to get that box out tomorrow and no later than Thursday!

LIN:

DENISE...sorry bout your problems...they will get better...I just know they will!
The party sounds like it was fun though...happy BD to your SIS!

GRACIOUS: I'm still not questioning how it's working...it just is and I'm so glad!

MEL...I'm with you on the cookie exchange... Thanks about the pants, yes if feels great!

COUNTRY...I'll get Debbie to snap the booty and put it on the board! THanks!

SUSAN...did you go to HOTLANTA??? I could have done some damage at NEIMAN'S if I was with you! Get out there and get that shopping done! Wish you would reconsider and come to the PAR-TAY!!! THink about it will ya?

MONET....glad you party went well...sounds like everyone had some good grub and with you cooking, I know in reason it was WONDERFUL!!! Feeling better?

ROSALIE.... Stay warm up there....

SOL....I sent you an email...let me know when you get it and what you think?

Well...got to get to my wrapping....wish me luck!

BOB
Old 12-11-2002, 07:51 AM   #33  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Happy Weigh In Wednesday Morning Everyone

Okay, I know, same song, different day. Was coming home to exercise then post and clean but plans changed, Michael called me on my way home after I already dropped them at school claiming he needs an important paper due today. So, needless to say, I have to go jump in the shower (sure can't go in to the school the way I look right now, nor the way I'm dressed) and get dressed and go there, totally screws up all my plans and my day. I have things to do down that area and now I'll have to do them this morning vs early afternoon when I had planned. Thus, I don't have time to catch up as intended with you all this morning

As for WIW, I'm not going anywhere near the scale - we'll leave it at that.

Will try to get back later today but don't hold your breath. Michael is bringing his friend XIMENA home to work on the computer and I doubt I'll be able to get within 10 feet of the thing. Another reason I wasn't at chat last night, came home with ELI and Michael was on the computer already and late in to the night - sorry, it was beyond my control everyone. Well, maybe they won't be able to get in the computer room-was planning on cleaning in here today

Gotta run!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 12-11-2002, 08:08 AM   #34  
Mel

Default The cookies have left the building!

Whoo-hoo! The blowout punds are gone and I'm back down to where I was 3 weeks ago (don't know whether to smile or frown here). I credit eating totally clean and buckets of water. Don't forget your water! I hope to have 2 more gone by the time I meet you all. Don't wanna drag any extra weight around Disney.

Hope everyone else has a good WIW.

I am a little worried that this is the point at which I've sabotaged myself every time I've reached it, but I've just got to stay focussed on GOALS. Every little deciision counts, every lick counts, only smelling allowed

mel
175/132/135 since July 24, 2001 at original goal since 1/1/02
Old 12-11-2002, 08:09 AM   #35  

I didn't hop on the scale this morning although that was an accident. I was just rushing to get ready for the kids to arrive that I am babysitting today. However, I know it is up due to TOM and well, you know ...so I am not sad that I missed it!

DENISE- Sorry things aren't going well for you but kudos for eating on plan through it all.

JACK-K- Still starving. I am sure you found something legal to satisfy you, you are the SB's Poster child!

LKF-Good to see you! It is great that you are still being faithful to SB even while away from the board here...wish I could say the same!!

BOB- Holy crow BOB, another 3 lbs?!?! Are you just following SB? You have some tricks up your sleeves there or what?

I am off to get the kitchen tidied up. Have a great WIW y'all!
Old 12-11-2002, 08:35 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW Gang,

Hope the scale is good to you. It was not to me. Up 2 lbs. Oh well, not going to let it get me down. Haven't had enough water and enough fruit the last 4 days. Need to get focused.

Went to chat last nite. I think. Wasn't sure I was in the right place or not. I don't like the new format. I want our own room. Don't like having everyone in the same room. If I was in the right place, I didn't see any other SB there. Too much going on right now.

LKF, Good to hear from you. Glad you dr was pleased with your wt loss. My Dr. asked what I was doing and immiediately said WW? Everyone says they same thing. You know it is healthy and it is working. That is all that matters. Can't help on the cholesterol. Mine is low. Drop in when you can, we miss your upbeat posts.

Quiv, what a coincidence, I was just thinking about you the other day. I thought sure you were gone for good. No diet works unless you change your eating habits and you can't go back to all the bad habits. Glad some SB principles have stuck with you. Get back on here and the wagon before you gain more.

Bob, Woo Hoo, 3 lbs. You have got it girl! Stand up and turn around and let us look at you. Fabulous Dahling! I'm sure you will lose 30 lbs by the time for the get together. Keep up the good work. Doesn't it feel great???? When you come home in May we MUST get together. I will be crazy that week, DD get married the next Friday.

Deb, the things we do for our kids. Gotta love them. I made it to chat (I think). No one from SB showed up. Is everyone in the same room now? Really wasn't sure if I was in the right place or nt. There were 3 other gals there don't know from where though.

Mel, Woo Hoo is right. WTG on kicking those extra pounds out. I don't think I can even smell anything this year.

Gracious, you are too sweet. I did finally steal some cheese from a co-worker. I came prepared today. Ate too many cashews last nite.

Got to run and get some work done. Later

Jackie
257/165/145
10-10-01
Old 12-11-2002, 08:51 AM   #37  
LKF

Hey, y'all! So good to read posts from everyone. I feel like I have remained part of the gang because you welcome me back every time I get a change to pop back in!

BOB, I've just had too much work on me here at the office (the only place I touch a computer) to be able to post like I love to...Bear Bryant...who's he? You mean the guy that's still such a legend here still? I know a lot of people would sure love to have him back...just can't seem to keep a loyal coach at the University any more. But I'm not too much into that stuff, anyway.

Gracious, have you been having a rough time through the Holidays? You said you wish you could say the same when referring to my staying on program, like you had been having trouble doing it. Well, hang in there...remember, it's Christmastime and there's so much going on. I think we would all do great if we just maintained and didn't gain during December!

Jack-K, has your cholesterol always been low? That's wonderful that you don't have this problem. I think the bulk of the problem is inherited...sigh. But I had hoped SB would help me with that.

Off to work, y'all. Everyone, take care and enjoy the wonderful Holidays without indulging all those cookies and cakes sitting around everywhere. We don't need them in order to have a good time!
Old 12-11-2002, 09:17 AM   #38  

I'm not going near the scales today. I've been too bad and feel too puffed up. I know what direction it will head. Gotta get back to lots of water. Chug, chug, chug. We've had an interesting week here at school. Last week part of our walkway outside the cafeteria collapsed and now they have closed the cafeteria for fear that the ceiling will fall in there too. So now we have to trudge to the back side of the campus to eat in the gym. Should be fixed when we come back to school in Jan.

LKF: Good to hear from you again. Don't be a stranger.

JACKIE: Join me in the water guzzling. I haven't had much the last week. All tea and diet soda.

BOB: You go girl. Send some motivation and determination my way.

QUIV: Good to hear from you again too. It's good that you haven't gained from being off plan. But you know you feel better when you're sugar free. I'm preaching to myself here too. I've been baaaaad lately. As for the cholesterol issue....my friend's brother, who is a dr., says that most of that is genetic and you can't do a whole lot about it. Who knows?

Must go. Time for students to arrive. Don't really feel like teaching today. But the show must go on.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:18 AM   #39  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Talking Happy WIW

*clears throat and points at updated signature*

OK... I have 14 days to lose 4 pounds... I CAN DO IT!!

I'm STARTING my Christmas shopping today... yea you read it right..LOL. So that will be some good walking and aerobic activity. I'm also drinking plenty of water for these 14 days and hopefully beyond! I want to be 170 by Christmas, but I want to be UNDER 170 by New Years!!!

OK... I'm hitting the shower and putting on my battle gear to head to the mall. I'll post more later!

Have a Great WIW everyone!!
Old 12-11-2002, 10:40 AM   #40  

Good morning everyone. Well, it seems that I'm with the majority in not getting on the scales this morning. TOM is here and boy do I feel bloated. I've been on again, off again with my eating, but better over the last couple of days (probably too much volume). I just want to get through the holidays without gaining a bunch like I usually do. I'm still exercising so that in itself is better than a year ago. I have started eating oatmeal at breakfast with a little sugar free granola that I found at the low-carb store. That seems to fill me up longer than other breakfasts that I was eating. I don't know how I went so long without eating breakfast. Now if I don't have something, I'm starving by mid-morning. The granola is mostly nuts and seeds so it's kind of weird to eat by itself, it doesn't really hold together like real granola and it's probably a little high in fat. It's great mixed in granola or in applesauce. It was pretty expensive, but a little goes a long way.

Our poor doggie has a cold. Joe gave him a bath this week-end (in the shower) and I think he got chilled. If he's not better this evening, we'll probably have to take him to the vet. He looked as pitiful as one of our kids when they're sick.

I think this shopping thing will never end. Seems like I just keep getting people added to my list. I just found out that Jordan's girlfriend's parents have gotten us something. We hardly know them, but I guess I'll find something. I probably see a wine basket in their future.

LKF - I'm so glad to see you back. I feel bad for the 'Bama players. Here's their coach saying "stick it out, show you're committed to the team, it'll get better" and what does he do but up and leave for the first better offer that comes along. I wonder what kind of message that's sending to the Texas A&M players. Oh well, I think they deserve each other. On the cholesterol issue, don't let it get you down. There are some people that just have high cholesterol levels regardless of what they eat and how much they exercise. We have a friend that has a 2% (or at least he looks it) body fat, eats all the right stuff and still has a cholesterol level that is way high. That actually didn't sound as encouraging as I meant it to, but my point is that you know you've adopted a healthy WOE and how much better you feel, and that's what counts.

BOB - You're just wasting away, girl. At the race, we're probably going to have to sit on you to keep you from blowing away.

Jack-K - Looks like you guys are getting hammered with nasty weather. Keep it up there, will ya. It's just been rainy and cold here, no sleet.

Gracious - More power to you for dealing with all those cookies and not eating them.

Lin - I'm just like you, I'd be eating the dough like crazy. That's better than the cookies.

Sol - My office mate thought I was nuts when I started laughing hysterically at the thought of you carrying "the princess" out to do her business. What do you mean get locked out?! I smell a story here.....

Mel - Have fun at the party!! I'm rooting for Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl (sorry Deb). Those 'Canes are just getting a little too mouthy for my liking.

Deb - Is my room ready yet? Lyn, Mary and I do get our very own room at chalet Deb don't we??? Just kidding. Don't go to any trouble for us, please. We're just so excited to be coming.

Denise - Sorry things are not going well for you. Let us know if we can help at all.

Quiv - Welcome back.

Music - Hope no one was hurt when the school came tumbling down. Is it an old school? This is the time of year that I really feel for you teachers. I'm sure the kids have got to be just bouncing off the walls. Seth's choir concert is next Tuesday. He's getting real excited.

Beth - Good luck at the mall!! 4 pounds, 2 weeks, you can do it! Get BOB to send over some of her good Karma!!

Have a great day everyone.

Trish
Old 12-11-2002, 10:51 AM   #41  
Goddess

Thumbs down Wednesday morning!

I hope everyone is having a good morning today!

I'm still in the midst of holiday struggles--I'm fine as long as I'm left to my own devices--but once I get around the folks pushing the sugar, I seem to weaken.

Trish--I know what you mean about the shopping that never ends! I am nowhere near to the end of my list!

Beth--You can do it! Be sure to drink lots of water!

Music--Hang in there--it won't be long before Christmas break!

LKF--Welcome back! It's good to hear from you. You know wer are always here for you! Drs know nothing about weight loss! You stick with what works for you! A revised SB book is coming out in two weeks.

BOB--WTG on the 3 lbs!!!!!!! By the Orlando trip you are going to need some even smaller jeans!!!

Got to go--time to get to work and then head to another Christmas luncheon. sigh.

Susan
Old 12-11-2002, 10:54 AM   #42  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Can you say caught up with me..LOL

Good morning. I wish that I could say this weeks weight gain is water. But it really isn't. I've been battling the up and down with the scale for the last few weeks. I am up to 157 and my pants are showing it. So...my plans to wait to the first of the year have changed. As of midnight last night I am back OP like I use to be when I first started. That means nothing with malodexadrin except one cup of morning coffee...(I've kinda gotten spoiled to that). No more one bite here and one bite there. Gonna tell myself that no-no's are like poison to my body. I am not gonna let the weight sneak back on. I gonna try to find the time to work out or walk today...no I take that back....I will make the time. It has to be first again.

I'm through Christmas shopping for my kiddos....yeah! Talk about a relief. Now if I can just find the time to get hubby something without him knowing. Kinda hard to do with one car and him working 6 days a week. But if there is a will there is a way.

Well I am moving slow and had better get motivated this morning. Hope you all have a GREAT day.

Love,
Crystle

235/157(ugh)/150
Old 12-11-2002, 11:40 AM   #43  
LKF

Trish, you are so sweet and encouraging! Thanks for taking the time to encourage me about my cholesterol. I know much of the troble with it is inherited...I had just hoped it would lower with this WOE and it may still lower the longer I stay with it! I plan to make SB a way of life and continue to feel fabulous while I lose weight and I am trusting that all the numbers will improve as I lose more on this wonderful plan.

Fillise, thanks for the scoop on the new SB book coming out in a couple of weeks! You can be sure I'll be one of the first ones to pick it up!

BOB, I failed to note that you had lost another 3 pounds! I am so proud of you!!! Congratulations on doing so well...ain't this plan the greatest?!

Country, you are positively right to get back to strictly adhering to SB...I have not been able to be on-line as much as I want to so I didn't know you had quit adhering to it so carefully...and it looks like your appetite has increased (as we were told it would when you cheat any at all) to want stuff we don't belong eating. I am convinced that just one bite of something off program is enough to increase our appetites for more and start a battle we will have lots of trouble resisting, ESPECIALLY this time of year with so much stuff around to tempt us. Please, PLEEZE get back to total commitment to this fabulous plan -- you know you feel better and are not tempted to eat junk when you follow it closely.

I was just looking around on-line (can you tell I have a day at work that is less demanding!) and saw a medical study of two groups of teenage boys -- the first group were fed high-GI foods for breakfast and lunch and the second group were fed low-GI foods for breakfast and lunch. The first group were ravenous with hunger and snacked on all the wrong stuff...the second group experienced less hunger and weren't tempted by high-GI foods at all. So it works, girls! We all know it does! And one of the greatest features about the plan is that you experience less hunger -- a major contributor in the success of any eating plan.

Back to work...I enjoyed my break with you all!
Old 12-11-2002, 01:03 PM   #44  

Default Hi

Well, I weighed in today at 162 eventhough I usually weigh in on Fridays. I think I will weigh in on Wed and Fridays from now on. Down 2 pounds from last weigh in on Friday. Pretty cool. I basically cut down on my carbs and my weight started to move down. I am into a Misses Size 10 which is awesome. I really have no desire to eat any sugared sweets. Thank you for all your nice messages regarding my personal problems that I am going through right now.

LKF: Nice to see that your back on the board. I hope your cholesterol goes down for you. I wouldn't listen to the doctor about WW and SB...You know SB is the healthier way to go!

Bob: Congrats on losing another 3 lbs! That's great news...

Crystle: Sounds like you got most of your shopping done. That's wonderful. It also sounds like you are back on track now and you won't be letting the weight creep back on you over the holidays. I think you made a wise choice.

Susan: Try and be strong around those sweets. Think about the long term damage.

Trish: That SF granola sounds yummy. I hope your dog feels better soon!

Beth: Hope you make your goal by Christmas! Here's hoping for you...

Tina: Keep drinking your water. That cafeteria roof sounds like a disaster. Hope it gets fixed over x-mas break.

Jackie: Sorry to hear you're up 2 lbs. Don't worry, you'll get back on track today! Like you mentioned, the scale can be a good wake up call.

Mel: Congrats on getting down to where you were before. Whew! What a sigh of relief, huh?

Gracious: Hope all is well with you.

Debbie: Sounds like you're running around as usual. You're a good Mom and it shows!

Quirine: Welcome back and nice to meet you. I hope you consider going back on Sugar Busters as it will only be a matter of time when the weight will slowly creep back on...

Hi to everyone I missed from sunny and hot Florida. It's still in the 80's here.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:34 PM   #45  

Hi just a quicky to let ya all know I'm still here.

I've been so busy, DH is still out of town and I've completely cleaned our Bedroom out and now am in the process of moving all of his HO Train stuff and Tools out of the Dinning room into our room so I can put the table back into the Dinning room and then it's on with Christmas. And may he never claim my dinning room again.

I've got to do all the moving today and then tomorrow it's shampoo all the carpet. and tomorrow night the tree goes up. Then when DH gets home we can concentrate on the christmas village. I'm so excited. I've got so many houses I have fake snoww and an ice staking rink with skaters and a minnie nativitie. I have farms and towns I love it. The Kids love it and that's the best part. seeing them get excited does it for me.

I usually put my nativitie set under the tree, but this yr DH wants the train to go there so I have to do a display on top of the entertainment center for the nativitie. When all is done I'll hav DD take pictures and will put them on here for you all to see.
Well gotta run this house is calling me Love to all
Closed Thread