Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Which age range do you fall in to below?
Under 20 0 0%
In my 20's 5 10.87%
In my 30's 13 28.26%
In my 40's 19 41.30%
In my 50's 6 13.04%
In my 60's 3 6.52%
In my 70 0 0%
Over 80 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 10:33 PM   #121  

Wanted to say Hope everyone has a good evening!!!!

and Serene says Hi!

HOORAYYYYYY _ RODDY IS GONE!!!!!

Sabrina
Old 09-06-2002, 06:24 AM   #122  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Friday Morning!

Since there wereen't too too many posts and I have a little time before I have to take the kids to school I thought I'd try to get in some replies before I have to go.

DEBYJ, sounds like you're going to have a good time at this concert. Hope you get good seats. How'd your dinner come out? You've made BOB very happy knowing the VOLS fans on the board has grown

ROSALIE, is your pizza crust on the board? I should try my hand at making one again. My first attempt at a pizza was a disaster and I never tried again. I'd love to find one that I could make that's edible!

JACKK, I think the only reason I really don't change my route is that I know the route I take now is exactly 4.5 miles and I want to make sure I get that in, along with having certain places I'll stop/start jogging and stop. I do change it though when I go for a further distance. Not that I can't change it and measure another route and still make it 4.5 miles, guess I just don't think about it all that much. Gosh knows I wouldn't mind a route with less traffic, hence less likely to get killed and breath in the lovely exhaust fumes!

Not much on my plate today. Hoping to find the pics in at KMART from Michael's party. Maybe do a little cleaning (house needs it) and whatever else comes my way.

Will check in later. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-06-2002, 07:31 AM   #123  

I know this is a big shock! Two days in a row! Wow! I just hope you all can stand the excitement!

It was a slow day here. I spent a lot of time on my back, on the electric mattress pad, just making sure I didn't strain it too much. I had a good book to read too, so it was a great excuse to lay around and read.

Here is something for the Friday Funnies:

You know you're living in the 02's when:
1. You have 5 passwords, but can only remember one.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
4. You e-mail your buddy who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they do not have e-mail addresses.
6. When you go home after a long day at work you still answer the phone in a business manner.
7. When you make phone calls from home, you accidentally insert a "9" to get an outside line.
8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three different companies.
9. Your company's welcome sign is attached with Velcro.
10. Your resume is on a diskette in your pocket.
11. You can only write on 'sticky pads'.
12. Your biggest loss from a system crash was when you lost all of your best jokes.
13. Your supervisor doesn't have the ability to do your job.
14. Contractors outnumber permanent staff and are more likely to get long-service awards.
15. Board members salaries are higher than all the Third World countries annual budgets combined.
16. Interviewees, despite not having relevant knowledge or experience, terminate the interview when told of the starting salary.
17. Free food left over from meetings is your staple diet.
18. Being sick is defined as you can't walk or you're in hospital.
19. Your relatives and family describe your job as "works with computers".

TONI: Good for you on the treadmill! Keep on me
ok? I have been trying to get on mine every
day. I miss occasionally, but it helps if I
know someone is going to ask me about it! You are doing
great on the water! I think that is really
important. Are you feeling a difference from it?

LDBLOND: How was your doctor's appt? Inquiring minds (also
known as busy bodies...) want to know!

CHRIS: Congrats on the 2 pound loss!

MERCY: Eek on the price of the agave! I have not
been able to find it around here...I ordered it
from Golden Tropical online. Their price is
up dramatically too...

DEB: Well, if you get back in this area and want
to try that restaurant, I sure hope you will call
and include me. If you run out of your bread-
crumbs, and want me to send you more bread..let
me know. I don't want you to forget me! LOL

JACK: No, we did not take the teen with us, though
she thought we should, or bring her take out, or
take her to here and there first, etc. She tries to
manipulate big time. Ever watch that show, Eerie, Ind.
that was on about ten years ago? To preserve her kids,
one mom put them in tupperware each night. How I wish I
could do that! This teen was the sweetest kid until she hit
about 10, then she mutated, I think....

GRACIOUS: Just felt that way..you hadn't addressed me in
ages. Curriculum I would recommend is Sing Spell Read Write.
It teaches phonics and reading using songs. LOok on ebay for it.
I have a friend who bought it, and she may be willing to sell
hers. I can ask. It is not cheap...but very good. I am sure
your little one would love it so much, you would be having to pull
him away from school work to play and go to bed! Saxon has a math
curriculum for kindergarten now, but it is probably more
geared to five year olds. For math, I would suggest just demonstating
how measuring cups work...while playing in a sink of water...like see, two
1/2 cups will fill this 1 cup. Then you let them play with the water,
and the measuring cups. That play will do more for setting the concepts
of fractions than talking or books will. Play is instructive for little ones.
Does that help? You can email me if you want more info. I have tons of stuff
left....and as you know, I tend towards being opinionated! (with NO qualms about
sharing those opinions!)

ROSALIE: Sounds like the pizza was worth the boo hoo of cutting
onions! I love pizza, but I don't turn on the oven while the air
is on. In another few weeks, I will probably have to make some. I
too use SGWW flour, and make the crust really thin. It is nice for
a treat once in a great while. Onions always make me cry. Used to never
bother me, but I think my eyes have gotten dry, and that is why.

TRANQUIL: Did Eduardo just fizzle? Hope you have a good weekend!

Time for me to get off here and get something done. I have a Moms In Touch meeting here tomorrow morning at 7:30, and the house is a mess. Please don't report me to FlyLady! LOL

Shoot..I don't even have time for smilies.....
Old 09-06-2002, 08:52 AM   #124  

Default Sugar Busters WOE!

I have been doing the SB plan now for about 4 weeks and have lost about 6 pounds. Also, I do feel my clothes are fitting better!!

It does appear this WOE is a slower weight loss than some, but I do feel a lot healther eating this way.

I feel I have finally found a plan I can live with for life!!!!!!

How are the rest of you doing on the Sugar Buster plan? Losing any weight? Can you suggest any new foods for us newbies?

Thanks!
Jo Ann in TEXAS
Old 09-06-2002, 09:16 AM   #125  

Default Friday Funny

This picture was taken during our August vist to Miami, when Tranquil and I went to meet Debbie. We had a good laugh playing dress up in the wigs! From left to right: Tranquil, Serene, Deb and Lauren. Thought this would be appropriate for a good Friday laugh! The afro wig that Deb is wearing is the same one that I wore out to the yard sales the next morning!

Last edited by Serene; 09-06-2002 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-06-2002, 09:22 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Happy Friday Everyone. It's finally here.

Got up and got my walk/jog in this a.m. It was kind of cool, 66 degrees. But the sky was so clear. The stars were so shiny bright. The big and little dippers were right over my yard. It was very pretty. It was nice to actually notice some of nature for a change. Also got my workout done and we will workout at lunch today too. So I'm pretty much done with that for the day. If anyone is still doing the exercise challenge, I'm 5 for 5 this week. walking and working out. Still drinking my water. Have gotten at least 76+ oz. of water in everyday plus coffee. Had 2 1/2 cups when I got to work and then switched to water. Boyit tasted so much better. Squeezed a big lemon slice in it. Yum.

Guess I better catch up and get to work:
Monet, Boy could I relate to some of those "You know..." things. Scary. Hope yur back is feeling better. I am reading a good book to. Always looking for an excuse to pick it up. I used to tell my youngest DD tht she tried my soul. (she is just like me) now I tell her she brings a smile to my heart. The years really change them. Hope yours get through it quickly.

Rosalie, How did the pork roast turn out? Did you use the applesauce? I'm with you. Don't think a little cornstarch will hurt.

Debyj, Keep up posted on the info you find in the Glucose Rev. Sounds interesting. Have fun at your concert,sounds to wild for me. LOL

Bob, It's another weekend. Football!!!! Hope TN does good this weekend. UK should have another win, but with them you can't count your chickens.... Did I tell you I'm going to go see your "man" (Peyton Manning) play in Dec. We were going in Oct and we would also get to see Chris Redmon, but it got changed so now we are going Dec 1. I'll tell him hi for you. He is too cute! Hope you are feeling better today.

Melf, I thought about you this morning when I heard the storms were heading to Texas and La. Was hoping you trip wouldn't get cancelled. Be careful if you go. Feel better too.

Gator, Sorry I don't know what brand it is. Whatever they have FF. I really can't tell any difference in the FF and full fat kind. It's not one of my favorties, but DD likes it and it is something different. I get so tired of fixing the same thing. I want to tailgate with you. Sounds yummy.

Deb, Can't wait to see the pics from Michael's party. Don't spend your whole day cleaning. Yuk!

Tranquil, Hi, Have a good day. Tell Serene hello too!

Joann, Hi. Welcome to our board. SB is a great WOE, funny, I feel that I have lost quicker with this WOE than any others I have tried. I have lost 85 pounds in 11 months. I plan to lose at least 25 more and to continue to eat this way forever. As far a food suggestions, depends on what you are looking for, main meals, snacks, etc. As for myself, I try to eat as I normally did (w/o potatoes, carbs, sweets, junk) but pretty much my basic meals that I used to fix. Just a lot more fruits and veggies now. Good luck.

Have a great day, be back later.

Jackie
257/172/145
10-10-01
Old 09-06-2002, 09:42 AM   #127  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Me again!

When I went to take the kids to school, right before we were leaving, it started to pour. All the way there and all the way home it was raining and I figured I had a good darn reason NOT to go walk today-a reprieve of sorts. As I get out of the car, wouldn't you know it, it stops raining. Well my good conscience and my not-so-good conscience started to battle it out whether I should go walk or not. The good won. I wasn't in the mood and had resigned to myself I wasn't going but I did anyhow. Wasn't able to do that much jogging, still feeling a bit under par, but did better than yesterday time wise doing my 4.5 miles in 55:15. Of course, now that I went, I'm glad good won over bad. Besides, I have tomorrow off for sure!

MONET, I know I'll be coming through Atlanta one day in the future. I know if we go to NC again that that will most likely be a stopping point coming home and for sure I'd love to see you, go to Harry's and maybe get in a meal at a good ME rest! I still have quite a bit of the bread crumbs as it's not something I tend to use all that often. I really wish I could find someone down here that would sell me day old bread cheaply-that is, SB LEGAL DAY OLD BREAD!!!!

JOANN, you are doing great! CONGRATULATIONS! Of course, we'd all like the fat to melt off of us quickly, but we all know that a healthy eating plan is something you have to follow the rest of your life and it's something that takes time. You don't even have to look at the scale. The fact that you feel better is a lot more important than the numbers. Remember, the numbers can easily go up when you are doing everything right due to many reasons that we cannot control, but as long as you are keeping in control what you can, like eating on plan and exercising, I can promise you the scale will go back down and the fluctuations you may see happen to all of us and are very normal and it's these times you have to stay on track and not give in. If you go to the SB INFORMATION BOARDS and look for the thread that says SB LEGAL FOODS, you can find some foods there. It's a bit hard to suggest a vast array of foods as different areas of the country have different things. If you are looking for a food in particular ask the board, I'm sure between us all we can give you an idea, esp. the others from Texas, as there are so many of them. I know you posted asking for ideas of daily menus. I have my info on my other computer which I just fixed and really haven't gotten back on to, but if you do a SEARCH on the SB BOARDS and put in DAILY MENU I'm sure you will see some past posts that can provide some info, I surely have posted my daily menu a bunch of times in the past. I'm hoping to get everyone to post their menu at least once a week in the near future- a little project. Do you journal your food? Do you have a food scale?

SERENE!!!! Geez, thanks! Do you have to scare the board so early in the morning!!!! Okay, I admit, I was going to figure out what pics to post, but you did such a great job at choosing such a gorgeous picture of us that I'm glad you got to do it first, I'd probably chosen something else. I did get the pics and have downloaded most of them, easier this time round. Do you want to post more or do you want me to do it. What happened with the Dr and Joel's nose?

JACKK, me, all day cleaning, not in this lifetime! Well, at least not if I can help it and not unless I'm having company. 66 degrees, yeah, yeah, just rub the salt in to the wound!

Okay, I'm outta here! Will try to check in with you all later!

Debbie
194/129.5/129
Sb since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-06-2002, 10:14 AM   #128  
Goddess

Thumbs down Friday Morning

Today's Friday Funny:

The University of North Carolina

This will be quick as I have a lot of work piled up. I must tell you that I am in real danger of being snowed under. There is no weekend to look forward to as I have to work tomorrow and, of course, all day Sunday. Having no down time is really starting to get to me. This week I haven't even had my evenings. My eating is doing OK through this, but not much else. It will be better when my leave from the church begins on the 30th--and of course after November 5th, but getting through the next few weeks is going to be tough!

Susan
300/247/150
Old 09-06-2002, 10:47 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

Finally a chance to look at the board!
I missed well over a week but have been staying on program as much as possible. It's not to hard, I just don't eat any of the bread in the restaurants. The hospital cafeteria has a surprisingly healthy bunch of stuff if you know what to look for.
My mom had her voice box removed last Friday because of cancer. The doctor thinks he got it all out but she'll have 6 weeks of radiation just to make sure. She's pretty upbeat. I keep reminding her the other alternative was being dead so she keeps in perspective.

I never thought I was a stress eater but the night before her surgery I could not stop myself from eating half a Heresy bar with almonds. I gave the other half to DH. All I got was a fleeting couple of minutes of "Yum" which did not help the heartburn at 5am

But it kept me strong to stay OP the rest of the time.
Well except for the totally awesome slice of cheesecake I had after dinner Monday night.
Somehow I lost another 4 pounds. I had brought a new digital scale last week because I was tired of squinting to read the dial. So I thought I was 215. The new scale said 217.
Today I'm 113.8!
My daughter finally has seen how well it's working for me. She's really overweight. She's only 14. After trying on some pants and realizing her pant size is the same as her dad's, she started SB yesterday!! It's going to be hard for her because she's a white rice and potato freak and only likes cucumbers, lettuce and raw peppers for vegetablesbut I know her taste will change because mine did!
I really hated diet soda. The other day I drank a diet coke because there was nothing else to drink. I had to double check with the waitress, and make my dh taste it cause It tasted like regular soda to me!
Sorry this is so long. I had a weeks worth of posting to make up for

Joanne welcome to the board! I've been on SB for 2 months and have lost 15 pounds. It's been difficult for me to lose because of medications so I'm thrilled! I'm also sure this is something I'll be doing for the rest of my life. I don't feel deprived. I eat a goody once in a while but it's ok cause it's working for me!
I also haven't been exercising but brought the "Walk away the pounds" DVD's which everyone has said is good. Just haven't had a chance to try them yet!
Old 09-06-2002, 10:53 AM   #130  

Angry

Hi all!!!

Just wanted to say hello!! Does anyone have a legal recipe for rice pudding? My DH loves it but I wnat to make it with brown rice.

Debyj- Welcome to the boards. I just purchased the Glucose Revolution myslef in fact on Wednesday night. Ley me know what you think. I've only skimmed through. I hope to start reading it this weekend.

JoAnn-- Welcome!!!

Serene-- You guys look simply Marvelous!!! I love your hair and make-up..

Well back to work!!!
Old 09-06-2002, 10:55 AM   #131  

Good Friday Morning All

Just a quickie from work.

Deb - The recipe for the Pizza Crust is on the recipe board. I use the recipe from the Brennan's cook book whith some changes made to the ratio of milk/flour and it works out fine. It's usually very easy to roll out. Sometimes I will make two medium (12 inch) put all the toppings on and cook one and freeze the other one for later.

Monet - I can relate to lots of items on your FF list.

Jack-K - The pot roast turned out fine. The meat was really tender. I did have a lot of gravy though - about four cups which was much more than I needed. I put in one package of soup mix and about 14 oz. of apple sauce. If I do it again I will decrease the amount of apple sauce. May even try it without the onion soup. Maybe add a regular onion and some poultry seasoning, and some cabbage. See how ambitious I feel next week.

Better go and show my face and look busy for a while, and see what my patients are up to.

Bye for now.

Marie.
Old 09-06-2002, 11:07 AM   #132  

Does any use Hodgins Mill WW pancake mix? I bought some and then read the ingredients have corn meal in it. sugar was 1 or less. I was tired of buckwheat ones.

And are soy nuts ok?

Jackie
Old 09-06-2002, 11:16 AM   #133  

Good Friday Morning! Sorry for not getting back to you yesterday afternoon, but it wasn't a good day for the arm and resting was much required, as I expect today may be. Dr. says to accept that this is a long term condition, the goal is to arrest the RSD in my right upper and lower extremities - 1. keeping it from spreading and 2. keeping it from progressing. I await worker's comp approvals to get further treatment and still don't know if I should be seeking legal assistance...

On a different note, my children really want a dog it would have to live outdoors, I would really like to get a mix, but have no idea what kind. Any suggestions as I know there are many dog lovers her on board? I realize this isn't sb related so instead of responding on the board maybe you could please email me [email protected]. THanks.

Hope everyone has a super fantastic day!
Old 09-06-2002, 11:36 AM   #134  

Mercy - Here's a recipe for Rice Pudding using cooked brown rice. I used to make this with regular long grain white rice using two cups rice. I find a bit less rice is better when using brown rice. I thought I'd put this recipe on the board but couldn't find it when I did a search.

1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
2 eggs
2 cups milk (I use 2%)
1/2 tspn salt
1/4 cup agave syrup (or sweetener of choice)
1/4 tspn Nutmeg or Cinnamon

Beat the eggs and add to the milk and mix with all other ingredients. Bake covered in microwave on medium power for about 15 minutes, or until set.

Jack-K - I don't know anything about the pancake mix but I have a good recipe for Buttermilk Pancakes made with sgww flour which is very easy to make and they taste really good. If you don't want to use buttermilk you can substitute regular milk with a spot of vinegar added. Let me know if you want me to post the recipe.

Marie.
Old 09-06-2002, 12:19 PM   #135  

Got this from ny niece. Thought we all could relate:

Quote for the day...

"Inside me, there's a thin woman trying to get out.

But, I can usually shut the b**tch up with chocolate."

Jackie
Closed Thread