Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What size shoe do you normally wear?
Less than a size 6 1 2.70%
Size 6 0 0%
Size 6.5 1 2.70%
Size 7 2 5.41%
Size 7.5 8 21.62%
Size 8 4 10.81%
Size 8.5 4 10.81%
Size 9 5 13.51%
Size 9.5 4 10.81%
Size 10 5 13.51%
Size 10.5 2 5.41%
Size 11 or bigger 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 07:32 PM   #61  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

SABRINA...do what the Dr says and stay off the foot until you go to England...It will be so much better by then and you shouldn't have too much trouble out of it...just be careful and put it up as often as you can!

CYNDI...bless your heart..when it rains it pours for you doesn't it?
I'm so glad you're doing better.

WENDY...GREAT PICTURE...watch out though.....you can't have ELI....he's MINE!!! I knew you would have a good time!

GATOR...yes, she was on I-75..the counseling started yesterday and today she had another exam. She can't be alone, the Dr said she can't drive alone...her sister is coming from N.C. on Tuesday and will stay with her next week. She is going to try to get her to return to Asheville with her.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS..Bless her heart, she's so fragile and I just hope this doesn't send her over the edge!

Talked to the FEARLESS LEADER today...she is STILL CLEANING HOUSE!!! Still no luck with the modem though.

BIG BROTHER....8p.m. LISA HAS GOT TO GO!!!!

BOB
Old 08-08-2002, 11:28 PM   #62  
Goddess

Red face Thursday noght

Whew--long day! I've been running since early this morning and I have stuff to do yet tonight.

My computer was acting up this morning so I didn't get to post. I did manage to stay off the scale this morning AND stay OP. Thanks to everyone for your encouragement!

BOB--so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. I, too, hope she will be able to heal both physically and psychologically. I understand about the kids--I find myself looking for back-toschool stuff for my nieces. I just LOVE the Staples commercial "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

Cyndi--I'm wishing you a spedy recovery from your surgery! I hope it takes care of the problems and you are in fighting form soon!

Sabrina--we'll head down the scale together! 249 is certainly better than 300! So I will take all the progress I can get!

Vesnia--Good to hear from you again--glad to hear you had a good time with your mom! Maybe you should make Deb your agent!!!!!

Deb--I'd ask for the raincheck too! I thought about you--I scored a good deal on some walking shoes last weekend--now to get out there is use them!

Gracious--Hop on the wagon with us! We'll help you get back OP--has the dungeon mistress gotten hold of your phone number yet?

Heartmom--don't you just HATE that bloat???????? Try to drink lots of water to encourage your body to release the fluids.

Got to go--Belle says its time for bed!

Have a good Friday everyone!

Susan
300/249/150
Old 08-09-2002, 01:02 AM   #63  

Tranquil asked me to post this for her: Deb called tonight around 9:30 to say she is still having computer trouble and is sorry she hasn't been able to be online. She is hoping to be on again by Friday. Needless to say, she is very frustrated with the computer situation.

Tranquil is trying to stay off of her bad foot so I told her I would make the post, since I was at her house when she got the call. I think the foot hurts a lot worse than she wants to admit.

I'm sure they would both appreciate any good thoughts and prayers sent their way!

Good night!
Wendy
Old 08-09-2002, 06:52 AM   #64  

Smile newbie here

hello all,
First time post. Have been reading this board for a couple of weeks. I've been on sugarbusters for 3 weeks now. Have lost 7 pounds, but the best part is the way I FEEL!!! Who knew that sugar was such POISON!!! I work the nite shift which is enuff to make anyone feel yucky most of the time. I've never been one to diet, but I decided to give this a try because in the last 5 yrs I've gone from a size 7 to barely fitting in a 12. 'Bout to bust into a 14. Some would say that's nothing, but I am short and have a very small frame. Also, being in my late 30's I'm getting fat rolls everywhere and am very miserable in my clothing. Well, my friend is a diet freak, tried them all. I read over her sugarbuster's shopper's guide and said hey, this isn't bad. Anyway, I'm starting to ramble, but wanted to give a little intro.
I've not been exactly watching my number of starchy carbs per meal, just eating legal stuff. Any suggestions on how to get myself there would help. My other friend has my books right now and I'm a little confused on what exactly is my starchy carbs. Also, I wanted to know about coffee creamer. The book said no because it is coconut oil, mine says soybean and/or canola, but it also says corn syrup solids, yet it says carbs 1g and sugar 0. If I use it sparingly, (and what exactly is sparingly) is it okay?
I'm so glad for this new WOE. It has truly changed my life.
I've got a friend who has diabetes in her family and I've got her on this too. I told her about this msg board and I've nicknamed myself "little fat chick". We get a big laugh outta that because she's always been large and it seems I'm trying to catch her.
Well, I've rambled enough. Would appreciate an answer to my coffee creamer question.
Best wishes to all from the "little fat chick" in Tennessee,

jonna
150/143/125
Old 08-09-2002, 07:21 AM   #65  

Hi everyone, So glad I found this site...a few years ago I was diag. w/ diab.II, and DR. told me to buy SB and follow....I did, faithfully, to the point of being obsessive. Well, I losst 30 pounds and dropped sug. 100pt., choles. dropped too....I was doing so well then, I FELL off the wagon and what a fall...since then I have gained back 30+20, now 250, sugar went ski hi, I am on meds now and not liking it at all and trying to get a grasp again...well, I have decided with all the nutritional info I have absorbed in the past few years, that SB is the best for me - namely I had positive results....so, I am hopping back on the wagon. Hope this is where I can get answers some of my questions, ie, is spendida ok to use? and do you follow the 40,30,30 rule at every meal or for the day or both? I look forward to meeting you and getting to know you and learning from this site and well as getting support when I need it....I am 55, grandmom of 12, wife of stubborn loving husband with a new shoulder, a quilter, sewer and gardener. Speaking of gardening, I am loving my tomatoes and cucumbers right now - wish I had them year round. Have a great day and thanks for all the good info...Marth
Old 08-09-2002, 07:35 AM   #66  

Default FRIDAY MORNING

Friday Morning!

I’m so glad to see Friday get here and know that we have no plans for the weekend. It’s exactly what we need since we’ve both been gone for the past two weekends. I’m still trying to recoup from the big weekend. Man, the older I get the long it takes to get back on track.

My eating has been pretty good. Nothing illegal. But I have to confess that yesterday I had MORE than my fair share of starchy carbs. It was like I was craving them. Part of the problem is that I need to hit the grocery store to restock on all the veggies and fruit. That will be done today, so I can leave the breads alone. I think I’ll start off my breakfast today with some scrambled eggs. Usually that good protein is a good way to purge the carbs. At least that works for me.

MCJON & STITCH---Welcome to the board! You've found a fun group of people who are all about helping each other reach our goals. I hope we can answer any of your questions and give you some support along the way. Feel free to ask anything. The question you ask is probably on the minds of MANY people who don't want to post it. So you are doing everybody a favor by asking questions.

SERENE---Thanks for updating us on DEB and TRANQ. They are probably going through withdrawal because they can’t spend their usual time on the board. We miss them. Sounds like your trip to DEB’s was a blast. I’m glad you all had such a good time. Congrats on the loss. It truly does make a difference! WTG!!!

FILLISE---Glad to hear you are giving that scale the cold shoulder. Just keep turning up your nose to it and perhaps it will begin to cooperate.

BOB---You/we have just as much right to go sleeveless as everybody else. I think there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s HOT outside, so we must be good to ourselves. And if anybody doesn’t like it, then we can tell them what to do with their sleeves. You cracked me up with the children. That was funny! Will you take care of mine too??? LOL I’m not sure about Orlando in January. We’ll have to look at the finances and see what’s what. We sure would love to come down and see you all and spend about a week with everybody. Sorry Lisa didn’t get the boot. I never watch that, but wanted to see what you were talking about. What was up with that outfit she was wearing? Do you think she had to shave her pubes to wear that low-rider skirt? Yuck!

THUNDER---I’m sending you good thoughts and prayers that all will go well for you. How exciting for you to get this new family member. My SIL is due in September and we are eagerly awaiting the arrival of her little girl. I can’t wait to hold her in my arms and begin the spoiling. You take care. We’re all pulling for you.

SEF---I can remember when you cleaned out the choir room many months ago. They sure must be a sloppy bunch. I hope Arthur doesn’t feel the need to come around after you finish your chores in there.

MERCY---Welcome back. Sounds like a fun trip!

GRACIOUS---We will all try and hoist you back up on BOB’s wagon. Don’t wait until August!!! There’s a spot for you right now. I know it’s hard to get back on . . . it took me so many months that I was so ashamed. But here’s the thing to keep in the front of your brain: Each day that you don’t eat OP is one less opportunity to get to your goal. You can do this. And you will when you get ready. I don’t know what I was waiting for, but it finally took with me. So I’m really keeping my fingers crossed for you that you will be able to do what you want to do. Take care! We’re all hoping for your success. What kind of dishwasher did you get? I love ours. Isn’t it fun getting new appliances?

TRANQ---I am so excited for you going to England. That’s one of my favorite places. Where all will you go? Are you going with a tour? I had friends who lived there, so I just went by myself and stayed with them. Then did short trips by myself or with my friend. It was GREAT! Are you going to Stonehenge? Bath was my favorite city. I think it’s the most beautiful. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that your foot heals quickly. You will want to have happy feet in England, that’s for sure!

JACK-K----Girl, you are working too hard. What kind of job do you have that you have to work such long hours? Hope your weekend is better!

TONI---Good to hear from you. Thanks for checking in. WTG on passing up the “goodies” which are really the “baddies”. And you really got the reward on WIW. Three pounds is great!!! See what happens when you withstand those temptations. Keep up the wonderful work. You are inspiring me to keep on track.

RED---Thank goodness your tumor was benign. I’ll bet you are feeling so much relieved. How long does the doctor think you had it? Isn’t it great to have a “heads up” dr who finds things like this and takes care of them? Enjoy your time off and take it easy. Don’t push yourself. Are you in much pain? My prayers are with you.

HEARTMOM---Hang in there with your efforts to lose. You can do this. I know it’s discouraging, but you must remain strong. Can you up your water intake? Do you think that will help?

ROSALIE---Thanks for the tips on trying to get my feet to be less scaley. I swear, my heels are so rough, I could cut something with them. While shopping last weekend, I found this company called Burt’s Bees. And I bought some of their hand salve. I’ve been putting it on my heels at night. I think I will order some of their foot stuff. Because I love this hand salve. They have a website so I can order off there. I need to go to the doctor in a couple of months, perhaps she can give me a prescription for something like what you used.

Well, that’s it for me. I need to make out a grocery list or I’ll go and buy all the wrong things. Take care, girls and Daramus. And have a fabulous weekend.

Kim
195/186/130
Old 08-09-2002, 08:52 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday!

For a short week, it sure took a long time to get here. I think I am finally rested up from my vacation. Last night I laid down on the bed for a second before we took our walk about 7:00. Well that was the end of both of us. We woke up at 10:30, shut the garage door and went right back to bed until 5:30 this morning. Have a little bit of a headache. Probably too much sleep. Checked the scale this morning and have lost 3 of the 4 lbs gained from vacation. So I feel better about that. Of course, I have had "D" all week long for some reason, so I guess that helped the loss. (Sorry if that was too much info).

Since I worked so late the other nite, my boss said I could leave at lunch time today. That was nice. So I guess I will take my DD lunch where she is babysitting and maybe float in their pool or go home and pickup my messy house.

Toni, You are having a great weekly losses. Great job. Keep up the good work. I found that 3 lbs you lost. Enjoy your company

Gracious, Glad you are aboard. We'll hold on tight this time.

Tranquil, the last time I made the cheesecake I used those oatbran pretzels for the crust. Yum! I have also used pecans for the crust. Be careful not to damage you foot more with walking on it too much. Just read your 2nd post. Maybe if you stay off your foot it will heal in time for your trip. What a bummer.

Serene, sounds like you were one crazy group of girls in Fla. Glad you all had a good time. I’m sure Deb is a great motivator. So glad to hear you ex2b is finally moving out. Don’t let him take too much stuff. Congrats on the 2 lbs loss.

Red1, So nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear you had to have surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Better to get those things taken care of now before it gets worse.

Fillise, You’re doing great staying OP. You should see results next Wed. Good going.

Bob, you had better get those 9 kids in bed. LOL

Mcjonjon, Welcome. SB has definitely changed my life. I have gone from a 22 to a tight 12. 82 pounds total. I simply love this WOE. Can’t help you on the creamer, don’t use it. Carbs are cereal, brown rice, ww bread, ww pasta. This is a great board which you have found out if you have been reading for a couple of weeks. Lots of support and friendship. My biggest advice is to plan ahead. Plan your meals so you can work out your carbs, and plan for eating out. I always have triscuits in my purse and usually take ww bread with me when we go to someone’s house. Look forward to getting to know you.

Stitch, Welcome. The wagon is making it’s rounds so jump on in. As you know, this is a great WOE and something you can follow for life. Splenda is ok to use. Look forward to getting to know you.

Quilter, Something must be going around. I was so hungry yesterday that I ate everything (legal of course) that I could find. I’m with you on the older thing. It’s taking me all week to recupe from my “vacation”. LOL. I’m headed to the grocery too this weekend. My house is bare.

If I missed anyone, Hi, have a nice day.

Have a great day everyone.

Jackie
257/179/145
10-10-01
Old 08-09-2002, 09:50 AM   #68  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Talking Howdy!!

Hiya Yall!! Well the kiddos have been in school all week, and I've survived being home alone. The little one is LOVING Kindergarten and the oldest is really having a blast in Middle School! (He already has a girlfriend in his class. They've exchanged pictures and they spend about 2 hours a night on the phone!! THEY ARE ONLY 10!)

mcjonjon - WELCOME~! When I first started SB, I didn't count the servings of starchy carbs either. I just concentrated on eating only the RIGHT KIND of carbs and THEN I worked on getting my servings down. It didn't seem to slow my progress any, I lost my first 20 pounds in under 3 months. SB makes everyone lose differently. Like Jack-K said... she lost 82 pounds and went from a 22 to a tight 12... well I've only lost 30 pounds and went from a 20 to a 14, so it will depend on your body type! (It will also depend on how you like your clothes to fit.. ) Just stick to it and you'll see a BIG difference in how you feel as well as how you look. And it will ALL be GREAT. One of the best helpers is to drink a TON of water, I always lose more on the weeks I did well on my water intake. I lose nothing when I don't drink much water that week... that's just my experience though. The creamer sounds legal... I guess if you're using what they call a serving, and that serving has less than 3g sugars... it's legal as long as all the other ingredients are legal. That's my understanding anyway. Glad to see another night shifter (I work the 2nd/3rd swing shift at the Sheriffs Dept.) I know EXACTLY how you feel!! It's hard enough to keep from feeling blah staying up all night, and you want to snack to stay awake! What part of TN are ya from? I'm in North Alabama about 15 minutes from the TN state line (Ardmore) Maybe we can do (legal) lunch sometime

OK Y'all... last night was a 2nd shift night, and I had 4 hours of sleep before getting the kiddo's to school, so I'm gonna get the dishes and laundry going and take a NAP!
I'll try to post more later Still haven't been near a scale since the doc's office a month ago.. but my clothes are fitting the same so I'm guessing I'm stalled out here. Better than gaining since I've been on these BC Pills for about a week now. Boy do they make me feel like barfing! The doc said that usually wears off in a couple of weeks... hello???? Like I wanna feel puky for a couple of weeks!! Oh well... it's better than surgery!

See ya'll later!!!
Old 08-09-2002, 10:15 AM   #69  

Default Tennessee

Thanks all for the quick responses. I will use the creamer in moderation because even though it is corn syrup solids it has 0 sugars per serving. I will lay off it within time and see if it makes a difference. If anyone reads this who uses or chose not to use I would appreciate the input.

Beth - Lunch would be a stretch unfortunately. I'm at the top west corner of Tennesee, state lines of Kentucky and Missouri. I'm about 2 hrs north of Memphis. It was really a lovely thought. Made my day. Yes, I'm a water-holic. I recycle water bottles to the dishwasher then fill them up and put in freezer. I take at least 2 to work with me every night. Water is the first thing I drink in the morning (my night shift morning haha) and have developed a thirst for it as soon as my feet hit the floor. You are right, it really does make a difference.

So glad to know others enjoying this WOE too.

jonna
150/143/125
Old 08-09-2002, 10:16 AM   #70  
Goddess

Morning all!

There haven't been many posts since I posted last night--but I want to say hello to Stitch and McJonJon--Welcome! It sounds like both of you are off to a good start! Spenda is OK, I don't know about the creamer as I don't use it. One of the things I've done while on SB is wean myself off sweetner in my coffee so I now drink it black. I never used sugar, but decided to try to wean my self off the taste of "sweet" as much as possible.

I'm going to "weigh in" on the sleeveless thing. I just can't do it. I gaze longingly at the sleeveless tops and dresses in the stores, but con't make myself do it. I'm at the age where I am developing the "angel wings" or "teacher arm" so I stay in short sleeves. But that's just me. Oh yes--BOB, I also NEVER wear white shoes!

Uh-Oh, Belle just stepped on my keyboard and the screen looks funny now. Better go.

Susan
300/249/150
Old 08-09-2002, 11:01 AM   #71  
Wannabe skinny babe

Default Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds 4-tape set plus NEW Belt - $30 !!!

If you're interested in these tapes, QVC has them as their "Today's Special Value" for $29.95 for the set, plus shipping.

I just ordered them!

http://www.qvc.com (membership is free)

Hope to hop on later with update! Missed you all this week!

Jenn
Old 08-09-2002, 11:47 AM   #72  
Little Engine That Could

Well--I'm the proud "mom" of 2 new Eastern Black Swallowtail buttterflies. And there is still one more waiting to emerge. The first "hatched" yesterday. I had looked at the chrysalis and didn't see anything much different, but then, about 20 minutes later, there was a butterfly. Today, one of the other chrysalides was much blacker than it had been, so I was keeping an eye on it. Lo and behold, I turned away for about 3-4 minutes, and turned back to see a butterfly that had just emerged. It was black with greyish-black limp wings that had not expanded. They sort of looked like small black pieces of limp wrinkled Kleenex. Slowly they expanded until they looked like wings. On this particular species they are black wings with a couple of yellow stripes on the top side of the wing, and blue, orange and yellow on the underside. I took the entire butterfly bowl out to the garden and sat with it on my lap for the couple of hours it took for the little fella to finally fly away. It was fascinating. I hope I don't miss the last one actually emerging from its chrysalis. That, I hope, will happen tomorrow during the daytime. While I was in the butterfly garden I saw 6 different species of butterflies: monarch, zebra longwing, gulf frittilary, giant swallowtail, eastern black swallowtail, and a small skipper type butterfly that I have not identified yet. The giant swallowtail is fabulous. It is so large that it has to keep flapping its wings to stay on the flower. It's about 5" across.

Tranq--I've had a stress fracture in my right foot twice. One in one of the metatarsals and the second in my heel. I had to have my foot in a cast for that heel one. Six weeks. My experience leads me to say: obey your doctor and stay off the foot. If there is absolutely no pressure on that bone that is trying to heal itself, the quicker it will mend. When you go to England, you might consider a removable cast. I think they even make removable walking casts.

Have a great day everyone. And welcome to the newbies.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:31 PM   #73  

Default Friday Funny

My Step Sister that lives in Georgia sent this to me. I think most of this also applies to the North Florida area that I live in.

Subject: From Georgia

You know you're from Georgia if.....
1. You measure distance in hours.
2. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
3. Stores don't have bags; they have sacks.
4. Stores don't have shopping carts; they have buggies.
5. You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no
one in it, no matter what time of the year.
6. You use "fix" as a verb. Example: I am fixing to go to the store.
7. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, or animal.
8. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
9. You carry jumper cables in your car...for your OWN car.
10. You get tears in your eyes when Lee Greenwood sings "Proud to be an American," no matter how often you hear it.
11. You only own four spices: salt, pepper, ketchup, and Tabasco.
12. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
13. You think lingerie is a tee shirt and boxer shorts.
14. The local paper covers national and international news on one page but requires 6 pages for sports.
15. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
16. You attend every high school reunion, and chaired the committee twice.
17. You find 90 degrees F "a little warm,"
18. You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, Still summer, and Christmas.
19. You know whether another Georgian is from southern, middle, or northern Georgia soon as they open their mouth.
20. There is a Dairy Queen in every town with a population of 1000 or more.
21. Going to Wal-mart is a favorite past-time known as "goin wal-martin" or off to "Wally World.
22. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good chili weather.
23. A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola, or pop ... it's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor.
24. You know what a "spicket" is.
25. You still call the refrigerator the "icebox."
26. You call it a cold Christmas if you don't break out in a sweat in your new sweater.
27. Your whole town completely shuts down for 1 inch of snow or just the threat of snow.
28. You understand these jokes and forward them to your friends from Georgia.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:45 PM   #74  

Default a few more funnies, maybe some repeats

The Lonely Rancher
While enjoying an Early morning breakfast in a northern Arizona cafe, four elderly ranchers were discussing everything from cattle, horses, and weather to how things used to be in the "good old days." Eventually, the conversation moved on to their spouses. One gentleman turned to the fellow on his right and asked, "Roy, aren't you and your bride celebrating your 50th wedding anniversary soon?" "Yup, we sure are," Roy replied. "Well, are you gonna do anything special to celebrate?" another man asked.
The old gentleman pondered this for a moment, then replied, "For our 25th anniversary, I took Bea to Tucson. Maybe for our 50th, I'll go down there and get her."

The Mood Ring
My husband bought me a mood ring the other day.
When I'm in a good mood it turns green.
When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a red mark on his forehead.

The Water Pistol (or Revenge)
When my three-year-old son opened the birthday gift from his grandmother, he discovered a water pistol. He squealed with delight and headed for the nearest sink. I was not so pleased. I turned to Mom and said, "I'm surprised at you. Don't you remember how we used to drive you crazy with water guns?" Mom smiled and then replied....."I remember."

Half Price
US Air recently introduced a special half fare for wives who accompanied their husbands on business trips. Expecting valuable testimonials, the PR department sent out letters to all the wives of businessmen who had used the special rates, asking how they enjoyed their trip.
Letters are still pouring in asking, "What trip?"

Life After Death
"Do you believe in life after death?" the boss asked one of his employees. "Yes, Sir," the new employee replied. Well, then, that makes everything just fine," the boss went on. "After you left early yesterday to go to your grandmother's funeral, she stopped in to see you."
Old 08-09-2002, 01:40 PM   #75  

Hi There!

I talked to Deb a few minutes this morning and she asked me to post that she may try to be online this afternoon. I'd say look for a "Mega Post" when she is able to.

Update on Tranquil: xray done this morning. They said a break could not be seen on the traditional xray - so they are waiting for approval from Aetna for a bone scan and then send her over again to get a shot of radiation - then I go back to work for 4 hours, then she goes back and they take a picture....if that shows nothing - then it is a ligament sprain and they will show her the therapy used to heal it, and the meds she can take.
The insurance co. is being slow in giving approval, what a surprise!

mcjonjon, welcome to the SB board. I'm glad you found us. Don't worry about "rambling" in your posts. As you can see, a lot of us do and we love details! About coffee creamer.....I do use it but just don't overindulge. I love the flavored creamers but have tried to use half/half as it has only 1 gram of sugar. Do you drink a lot of coffee? My ususal is 1 to 3 cups a day. The creamer is one luxury that I still allow myself, along with occasional Blue Bunny sugar free icecream, made with Splenda. I don't think the use of these have slowed down my weight loss from 241 to 215. I've worked night shift before so know how yucky that can make you feel. I lived in Malden Missouri one time. Sounds like you aren't too far from there maybe??

stitch, welcome back to this WOE. Glad you found us also. I've also done other diets and found SB to be the best one for me too. The support and friendship from this group has sure helps me want to keep eating on program. WOW, 12 grandkids, what a blessing for you! Do they live close by or scattered about? So, Another quilter......there are several on board here. Not something I know how to do but would love to learn. Tranquil would sure enjoy your tomatoes and cucumbers along with you!She is also originally from NY.

Quilter, hope you get rested this weekend with Paul and Maddie. I'm with you about taking longer to recoup as I get older.

Jack-k, how great that you've lost 3 lbs of vacation weight already. Sorry to hear about the Big D though. You keep inspiring me with your success! The cheese cake with pretzel crust sounds so yummy! I've already make up my mind that I will decide what I will let my ex-2-b take with him. He has already asked for a few things that I've said "NO" to.

Beth, school has started here for our kids also. Seems to start a little earlier every year. I don't do as well with weight loss when I don't have the water either. I need to make sure I drink more, thanks for the reminder. Do you work an occasional 2nd shift? I thought it was normally 3rd for you? Hope the BC pills will help with your problem.

Fillise, I'm with you on the sleeveless concerns. I'm too self conscious about my arms not to wear sleeves. However, I think that anyone that is comfortable doing so, should!

Gotta run! Out of time as usual. I'm enjoying the weather today. Overcast with light rain, but the temps are down. We are having a cold snap tonight.....down to 64 degrees. It will feel great!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Take Care,
Wendy
Closed Thread