3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 7/28-8/4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/18549-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-7-28-8-4-a.html)

Debelli 07-28-2002 11:22 PM

Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 7/28-8/4

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=18548

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME! :D

http://members.aol.com/debelli/welcome_bear.gif

Debelli 07-28-2002 11:26 PM

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, (I hope!), but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM:

http://members.aol.com/debelli/monda...ng_thought.jpg

THE VALUE OF CHALLENGE

When you understand and appreciate the value of challenge, it can truly change your world. Simply by seeking meaningful challenges, and enthusiastically doing what it takes to work through them, you can raise your experience of life to a whole new level.

Would you like to increase your self confidence? Working through a difficult challenge can leave you positively bursting with the confidence to attempt even more, and to succeed. Is there some particular achievement you have set your sights upon? When you're ready and willing to take on the challenges, you're ready, willing and able to achieve.

Challenge is exhilarating, and it teaches valuable lessons which can be learned nowhere else. Challenge can certainly be difficult, and yet in that difficulty is a solid and genuine value which can be reached in no other way.

Those who assume that challenge is to be avoided end up missing out on some of the best things life has to offer. Seek challenge, run toward it, and what you will find is whatever you truly desire to accomplish.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

sef 07-29-2002 02:06 AM

HiedieHo All!!

Gee! After DEB I am firsy on the Board!!! Just thought I'd check in before bedtime.

FRUIT: Thank God you didn't hit your nose!!! Also that no one was seriously hurt. Tomorrow all the aches will come/ Take it easy. Hope all is well with hubby.

QUILT: Tep, WinnDixie. The store here is nice and clean and the help is courteous. They even called me at home to tell me something I asked about would be in on the next Thursday. We have a SavACenter, but I don't really like that. It's not really dirty but is sort of scruffy. They are not clearly as helpful or courteous. Albertson's is okay, higher prices on a lot of things and everyone complains because it has the worst layout imagineable!

JRED: I live with my son. I don't think they feel like kids because of it. Maybe because when parents visit, it's only a short tie and new roads can't be opened in that time. I also try to give them the privacy and space they deserve for taking the old lady in!

Night,

Shirley

sef 07-29-2002 02:16 AM

For MM: I think this expresses what many of us feel about this Board.

When we are sad.....members help dry our tears.
When we are scared.....members try to comfort our fears.
When we are worried.....they try to give us hope.
When we are confused.....they will help you cope.
And when we are lost.....And can't see the light. They are our
beacons.....Shining ever so bright
This is our oath.....we pledge till the end. Why you may ask?.....
Because we're cyber-space and SB friends.

sef 07-29-2002 10:10 AM

HiedieHo All!!

Just checking before I got to NH.

Gee, where are you all?

CountryMom4Him 07-29-2002 10:12 AM

Just a quick note...

Good morning! I have been on the run since Sat...not complaining..this girl rarely ventures out of the house. :) We shot our bows Sat. night and the man that owns the bow shop truly thinks I have potential to start some 3D tournaments. That's pretty exciting. Just a reminder it's never too late to start something new.

I'm getting to where I DISLIKE scales and DIETS(WOE) ugh...I know it's temporary. Last week I gained 5 pounds in two days...unbelievable but true...I'm still toting 3 of them around with me...up down up down up down..LOL oh well.

MISSY....I"m so sorry that you were in an accident yesterday. I bet your sister feels just terrible. Praying you all check out okay.

Well, we are gonna be gone again today. So I will try to check the board this evening. I miss when I can't read what ya'll are saying. :)

Have a blessed awesome OP day.

Love,
Crystle

235/157/140

gracious 07-29-2002 10:37 AM

MONDAY...

Well I ate some really bad stuff over the weekend. It is end of month and we had slim pickins' in the house. Hubby only gets paid once a month and we are strapped until August 1st. That is my excuse....

Very sad news for me today. Our dog, a Siberian Husky who is only 4 and we adopted her when she was 2 has been having some troubles. Her left eye was enlarged and we have been back and forth to the vet the past 3 weeks. A variety of antibiotics, ointments and prednisone and 270 dollars later she had an x-ray this morning. She has a brain tumour the size of a golf ball just behind her eye.

I am very sad. She is a lovely dog, very gentle and kind and terrific with my kids. She is not in pain and seems to be very happy so the vet advises that we keep her until she seems otherwise. That could mean weeks or months, we have no idea. This could have been a slow growing tumour and it just finally showed itself to us, or it could be a quick growing one. Surgery is too expensive but not only that he said it is most likely to affect her brain and not be successful with the way the tumour is. She will remain on prednisone and hopefully that will stall or at least slow down its growth.

Needless to say I am very unhappy about this, I was really hoping it was something that could be fixed. We have to tell the kids today about things so they know to be on their guard around her and extra kind. I am worried that she might have behavioural changes with this being in her brain. Vet says if she shows any aggression at all then she should be brought in and put down. I am in agreement of course and the kids safety comes first. Yet she is the most gentle of creatures....

Don't really feel like saying much else.

GatorGal 07-29-2002 10:47 AM

Good Monday morning, all you SBers. Hope you had a fabulous weekend. I have just finished my 3 mile walk and am very happy it is over. Had a wonderful breakfast of softened whole raw oats with cut up fresh fruit on top. Yum. Now sipping a cool refreshing glass of iced tea. Tastes wonderful after that walk. I have my weight lifting workout this afternoon but the rest of the day I will probably study French for my class tonight.

Spent the weekend in Vero Beach, a ritzy town on the east coast of Fla. We stayed with friends who are very wealthy and have a beautiful home. It was decorated professionally and was spacious and elegant. It was built around a pool in a courtyard. We played golf on Sunday on a very difficult course. It was so hard that I ended up just kicking my ball out of the rough or sand trap onto the fairway whenever I got in a bad place. There were lakes and streams all over that course, so I lost 2 balls in the water. I ate pretty well over all, with just a minor slip with some bread at dinner and a taste of my DH's dessert.

I'll try to keep up with the board this week. I've been so busy that haven't had time to read all the posts from last week. Looks like Fruit was in an accident. Hope you are OK Fruit.

My butterfly garden is working!!! The butterflies are laying eggs on the larval plants we put out there and now we have tons of caterpillars that are munching happily on the milkweed and parsley. I brought in 3 swallowtail caterpillars and am raising them in a large covered bowl in my kitchen. One has already become a chrysalis and I'm eagerly watching the other 2. I want to see how they change. I know they don't spin a web around themselves. My friend who knows a lot about butterflies says they somehow just metamorphasize into the chrysalis stage. Sounds like some spiritual or character message in that imagery.
I hope I get to see the butterfly emerge from the cocoon. I'll keep y'all posted.

I'm having the friend that lives in Vero Beach over for lunch this week. She is coming to Orlando for business and is such a novice golfer that she had an ever harder time than I did on that golf course. So, I'm taking her to the par 3 that I play on occasionally. It is E-A-S-Y because it is short, no trees and no water. So, we'll play some golf and then have lunch here. I think I'll fix poached salmon with cucumber-yogurt sauce, white bean salad with olive oil, sun dried tomatoes and spinach chiffonade, and then possibly roasted vegetables marinated in balsamic vinegar. I can fix all in advance and serve it cold or at room temp. I might try to fix a tiny (1/2 recipe) Deb's cheesecake for dessert as I only have about 1/4 Cup of agave nectar left. I ordered some more a couple of weeks ago, but I still have not gotten it. I have to find something small to cook the cheesecake in and am wondering if some of those larger class custard cups might work. What do you think, Deb?

Well, I've rambled and still have to get a shower. Have a great day and happy eating everyone.

Jenn in MN 07-29-2002 10:51 AM

Another week...

Hi all,

Trying to start off this week in a better frame of mind!

I meet with the surgeon today to go over my gallbladder surgery. Wish me luck - I'm a wreck. My mother wants to fly out from California to hold my hand when I have the operation! I don't want her to come, but how can I say no? :(

On the bright side, I FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS! I'll try to post a couple of pictures - my friend Erin came along and took photos when I was trying different ones on, but when I put on this dress, I just KNEW!

Went to Dan's family reunion on Saturday - I am appalled at how FAT I am in the photos. Motivation for me to LOSE the weight. I told him they're my "before" pics, and that next year's reunion, I can show off my "after" pics. :)

Back OP today. Fighting to stay that way!

Hugs,

Jenn

Jenn in MN 07-29-2002 10:52 AM

Another picture

Here's the back of the dress:

Debelli 07-29-2002 10:57 AM

Good Monday Morning:wave:

%)*#Q, %$*(Q)%!@#!!! Okay, now that I got that out of my system for the moment....

I'm hoping to get this post actually posted on to the board today. My computer troubles just seem to be getting worse daily. Unfortunately, with all the ads in Sundays paper, not a single stinking place had a modem on sale, everything else that I don't want or need, but not a modem. Figures, it's my luck!:rolleyes: I wish to gawd I was somewhat computer savvvy to at least know how to remedy this problem I'm having, well, at least one of the many. Anyway, I can't cry over this, just have to go with the flow and hope you all understand that my not posting much last week was beyond my control as well as driving me nuts!

Last week wasn't a good week, to put it in a nutshell. Too much going on and too much not going the way I wanted. I thank G-D that things turned around towards the end of the week (except the computer issue) and things are better in some areas. I hardly got in any walking last week which I didn't like at all. I almost had to start this week without my walk due to it raining when I got up, but finally it stopped and I was able to get in my 4.5 miles, so I do feel somewhat human once again;)

I guess I'll have to view last week as if I were on a vacation, at least when it comes to the board. It's not so much as I didn't have time to read the going's on with everyone, my pages weren't loading, I was getting things on internet explorer popping up all of a sudden (something new and it's still happening), just a slew of of problems that kept me more off the computer this past week than any other time with the exception of me being on a real vacation. I'm hoping that I can be a bit more active this week and just get through the crap a bit easier so I can get on some more posts this week.

Before I forget, just wanted to let you know that I picked-up a book at the library that I thought was worth passing the name along, it has some good info in it, though some parts are a little confusing. It's called the GOOD CARBOHYDRATE REVOLUTION by Shintani.

Scale is still up for me, which I'm not surprised, actually surprised it isn't up more as I feel like I weigh a ton. I'm at my goal weight of 129, not very happy about this and want to get back down to my cushion-something to focus on a bit more I think.

[b]Is anyone else having trouble with voting on our polls and getting a VBulletin message that says that their session is invalid? Please let me know if this is happening to you so I can tell Suzanne.

Well, just a few more days and the JAX TEAM & BOB will be arriving!!:spin: Really looking forward to their visit! TRANQUIL & SABBRINA will be arriving late Thursday around midnight and BOB will be arriving Friday evening-oh boy, I can just imagine the trouble her and ELI will be getting into and creating! He's going to cook on Friday so at least you can all be assured they won't be starving to death during their visit!

SEF, I loved your MM posting-that was so good!! THANKS!!!

COUNTRY, I just think that's so cool that you shoot! Another Gina Davis!!!;) Hey, don't sweat, I've done 6lbs overnight-it happens and sometimes, for unknown reasons-it's the times you know why that you can control, others, you can't worry about and just know that it will go back down.

GRACIOUS, oh boy, do I know the $$ stress you are going through-just mentioned it to BOB on the phone. I have 2 times a year where I wonder what I'm going to do and how I'm going to come up with bout $1.500.00 MORE than usual due to house insurance, flood insurance, car insurance and taxes all coming in one month. Sorry to hear about the dog, that's so sad. I hope it all works out for the best. I'm sure the kids are going to be very upset. First the lamb now the dog-life sure can be unfair:(GATOR, sounds like you had a nice, enjoyable weekend. ELI use to know someone who lived in VERO and had a reastaurant called PEARLS something or other, which had really wonderful food. As for the cheesecake, you can easily get away with using the 1/4 cup agave, just won't be too sweet. I thought you had a smaller springform pan, or maybe I'm mistaken. Yes, I'd say you could use the custard cups, more than likely will have to be eaten out of the cup-not sure, anyhow, just watch them and adjust your time as they will bake faster than doing it all in one pan.

JENN, the dress is stunning from what I can see-would love to see a bigger pic. I'm sure you will have to have it taken in before you know it and no matter what, you are going to be a stunning bride! Since not being too much on the board last week, when is the GB surgery going to happen. Thank goodness medicine has advanced these days. When I had mine out they had to make a huge incision down my stomach-now, two little ones are what they use. I'm sure all will go well and you'll feel much better soon:)

Well gals, I'm off to do a bit of housework and await my sister's oming over to p/u some chicken breast I got her yesterday. Will check in later today at some point. Have to p/u kids at school and take Michael to his guitar lesson later, but I'll get back on here, just not sure at what capacity:shrug:

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Debbie
194/129/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

gracious 07-29-2002 12:12 PM

DEBELLI- I am getting that invalid message when I try to vote on a poll. I got it last week too.

JENN- The dress looks lovely!

HEARTMOM-How is Boogie?

Solly 07-29-2002 01:52 PM

Happy Monday Gang,

Hope everyone had a great weekend. My DH bought me the cutest precious moment ( I collect them) for our anniversary. It is a little girl lifting weights in a workout suit and a towel around her neck. The message was "Life is Uplifting". It wasn't a romantic message but I thought it was sweet of him to relate to what I was doing. It is soo cute. He wasn't supposed to buy me anything, our trip was goinig to be our gifts. Lucky me.

Had a good w/e eting wise. Only had 2 glasses of wine the whole weekend. Hoping to have a big loss before my vacation.

Fruit, Oh My Gosh! Just read about your accident. That was some divine intervention going on there. Glad your nose wasn'thurt. Hope hubby can hear today. Hopefully your DS foot will only be sprained. Be careful out there.

Quilter, Great name for a movie. I'm sure the script will be boring though. Me 7 DH are goin to Punta Cana (in the Dominican Republic) Leave Friday, come back Monday night. THere were 6 of us going, everyone has backed out so we are still going. OUr anniversary gift to each other. LOL. We will lay on the beach for 3 days and relax.

Sef, what a true MM post. It is what we are all about. Thanks.

Country, Nice going on your bow shooting. That is exciting.

Gracious, That is so sad about your dog. You don't think about animals getting things like tumors, cancers etc like humans. I hope she is not suffering. It is so hard when you get attached to them, just like kids sometimes. Hope yuor kids take it ok.

Gator, Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. How exciting watching the larva become butterflys. I wouldn't like the caterpillars stage. We had so many of them around our house and trees, yuk. I'll take the butterfly.

Jenn, Your dress is beautiful. You can do this. You have the best motivation in the world. Just take 1 day at a time. Plan ahead for going out, Hang in there.

Deb, loved your MM. Weekends seem to be my "challenge" but I'm working through it. Hope you get that crazy computer fixed. Your visit with Bob, Tranquil & Serene sounds like fun. Take pics.

Jackie
257/179/145
10-10-01

cherylco 07-29-2002 02:45 PM

gracious
So sorry about your dog :(

Jenn that's a bee-uti-ful dress! Are you wearing a veil or a hat or anything like that?

Jackie
I think that's sweet of your DH to get you the figure of the weight lifter! I guess I'm boring I rather have my husband be interested in what I'm doing then be romantic. LOL

Well now I see why I had such a hard time losing weight! We eat out at least 3 to 4 times a week!
I'm starting to get real good at drilling waitresses on the food :)
I travel with my Splenda packs and eat a lot of grilled chicken & steak salads. I am amazed that I'm able to stay on program so easily. Even the all you can eat buffet at the casino wasn't a problem. I'm really begining to think I can eat this way forever! I'm so happy I tried it.
Cheryl

Melf 07-29-2002 02:45 PM

Hi all, first night of VBS went well. Just 6 turned out for my class, but expecting more tonight.

Debelli JAX Team coming your way? & BOB too?? Hope you'll have a blast. Having puter problems is the pits, isn't it? I have had no problems voting. No error problems. Wish I could give you some answers about your current problems, but I'm afraid I can't. Have you downloaded something recently, say right before all this started? And have you recently run a thorough scan & degrag? You might also want to check for viruses/worms, but then you have probably checked all of that, huh? I was having a big problem a few weeks ago with my puter continuously shutting down Explorer with frequent erroe messages. It started after I downloaded Incredimail program. I loved the program, but it just wasn't worth all the agravation, so I uninstalled it & my problem cleared up!

SEF, I loved your MM!!! You are so right about what this board means to all of us. I sure miss all the encouragement from everyone here when I'm away, so I'm trying hard to make time to post & read what I can.

Gator Your week end at Vero Beach sounds fabulous. Wouldn't mind being back at NSB right now. This heat & humidity in LA is really bad.

Fruit Girl, I think you were better off without this year's school vacation! What luck you have had with your throat, nose, & now a wreck?? Did this happen in Lafayette??? You had mentioned coming to Lafayette sometimes soon to visit your GM if I'm not mistaken? Hope things get better for you soon!

Jenn Wedding dress looks beautiful! thanks for giving us a peack! ;)

gracious, Very sad about your dog. Hope the vet is right & it is slow growing & won't effect him seriously for a long time.

Well, got to go study my lesson for tonight. Hope all have a SF day!
174/136/135