I haven't a clue, can't even get into my closet and/or drawers 3 9.09%
Good question, but I haven't a clue 1 3.03%
I live in a nudist colony-no need for clothes 4 12.12%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 06:52 AM   #61  

WIW Morning!

Hello Everybody! Just wanted to check in and report my 1 pound loss for the week. I saw that number on Fri or Saturday and just hoped that it would stay off until today. That puts me at 190 and the needle was leaning toward the 180's, but not officially off the 190 mark. Oh, sweet victory. Hope you all have some great losses this morning when you jump on the metal beast!

Sorry I missed the chat last night. I've been getting ready for my trip this weekend. So I don't know how much time I'll have to post to each of you. Just know that you all are ALWAYS in my thoughts. I am pulling for each of us to have great weeks. I'm so excited that FRUIT and SEF will meet today. How great for you both. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you all find each other. And DEB, BOB, SERENE & TRANQ, have a wonderful, wonderful visit. You all are going to have a blast. I just hope that the dungeon master doesn't crack that whip too much. LOL (Love ya, DEB!)

Gotta go get ready for work.
Kim
Old 07-31-2002, 08:02 AM   #62  
Bustin' Buddy

SEF: Yeah - It's me again....this is what I'm gonna do. When I get to my sister's house - I'll ask her if she can give me more specific directions or atleast some landmarks. I'll get online there and post. It is still early and I don't want to wake anyone up at her house by calling. So, I'll be back in about an hour or so to post! If for some reason I don't make it back - that means there was trouble getting online there - I know she has trouble at times!! Hopefully not today!!!
Missy
Old 07-31-2002, 08:19 AM   #63  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Wednesday Morning Everyone

Very quick hello, I have to get in the shower and get ready for a 9am meeting at Michael's school for the board I am on, then go to my Mom's apt house to pay some bills for her, run by the ex's place to p/u the monthly check and run to the bank. Will post later!!!!

Debbie
Old 07-31-2002, 08:22 AM   #64  

MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Just wanted to drop in and quickly let FRUIT and SEF know that I'm excited about their meeting for lunch...too bad that MELF can't join you...HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!

I dropped Sabrina and Debbie a note last night...I won't be able to go to MIAMI this weekend. My Mom has developed a severe retinal detachment. I have to take her today to have it reattached. The surgeon said he hopes that he will be able to reattach....says she should have been there a month ago...She hasn't had any pain associated with this at all ANYWAY...
he said she won't be able to bend over, be pulled or jerked...etc and since Skeeter stays with her when I'm gone, that won't work at all...SO I've told them that we will just have to do this another time AND WE WILL!! But I already know that they will have a wonderful time...

Hope everyone has a good WIW...I've got to get to work...got a lot to do before I can leave....

BOB
Old 07-31-2002, 08:31 AM   #65  
Mel

Default WIW

One of my bouncing pounds bounced off again! yahoo! maybe it'll stay away this time.

sef: I'm the one with the butterfly and moth phobia and the gardens were there when I bought the house. The butterfly bushes are too huge to take out, and the actual flowers are beautiful, so I look at them from INSIDE! I know this seems nuts. Also, relandscaping is to much of an expense and bother.

mel

175/134/135 new goal 130? sb since 7/24/01 BFL since 1/1/2002
Old 07-31-2002, 08:46 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Happy WIW.

Can you tell I am doing the happy dance today? The good ole metal monster is soo kind to me today. I am down 4 lbs. I made my mini goal for vacation. That's make a total of 82 pounds down and 30 to go. Don't know how, but I'm not complaining. I was so happy I went out shoping this morning at 7:00 before coming to work and bought me a new pair of shorts, size 12 to wear on the plane. I was so excited. I have Goodwill coming today and I had 2 huge bags of clothes to give away. No way am I keeping these things, I never want to be able to wear them again. The ones I did keep are still too big but I have to have something to wear.

Wish I could have stayed on chat longer last nite. I really enjoy getting to know more about everyone.

Sef & Fruit, have a grat lunch meeting today.

Mel, What a wonderful experience for your DS. He is a very lucky kid. I got such a kick out of him being in love at age 12. How cute. You're right, we never got to do the things we let our kids do. I hope we are doing the right things sometimes. What do you mean yo celebrated with cake and ice cream??? I don't think it would be worth it. Maybe a taste. You have done great don't blow it now. You have probably developed a lot of muscle and that is why you are not losing any more wt.

Jbug, I'm not Kimmy, but hope I can help. This is a great WOE and I think it is so easy to do. I have been doing this since Oct and as of today have lost 82 lbs. This is the only thing that has worked for me. I don't know how old you are & how much wt you have to lose, but if you are under 50, do this now. Don't wait until the skin sags and it is so much harder. Good luck.

Quilter, Congrats on the 1 lb loss. You are at a milestone. Another digit, another set of numbers. Isn't it great! Keep up the good work. Have a great vacation. We will miss you.

Bob, How disappointing that you can't go to Deb's. Sorry to hear about your mom's eye. Sure hope the surgery is successful. Take care of her.

Hope the scale is good to everyone today. Good luck.

Jackie
257/175 /145
10-10-01
Old 07-31-2002, 09:25 AM   #67  

Good morning all! Just a quick hello to let you all know I'm hanging in there. Scale is up this am, but my legs are really swollen, so I'm sure that it's mostly fluid gain. I've been on my feet alot with VBS & not eating right either.

Have been in alot of pain with my right shoulder since Friday. Thought it might be a rotator cuff tear, but Chiropractor thinks it's a pinched nerve. Being to think that he's right cause I'm waking up with my arm & hand completely numb. The pain travels from the shoulder up into the neck, over into the clavical, & even down into the muscles of my arm & down into the scapula (shoulder blade). It's really hard to do anything at all, even holding my coffee cup this am is causing excrusiating pain. Not sure what I'll do when I go back to work tomorrow. Anyway, didn't mean to go into that. Just hurting so darn bad....

Sef & Fruit, hope the 2 of you have a great lunch today. Sounds like a fun time. Just hope you'll end up at the same place?

Saw someone else had addressed me in a post, but didn't make a note of it, so I don't remember who it was. Sorry, cause I know I wanted to respond to it. Having a SENIOR MOMENT here

Heart, glad to hear that the heart cath went well for your son. What kind of surgery is he having & when? Sorry, I must have missed that.

Gator, your butterfly collection sounds soooo interesting. I love butterflies. They are so beautiful.

Well, got to go. Got another long day. Last one for class time tonight as tomorrow night is Family night. This week has gone well. I have truely enjoyed teaching VBS. We started with 6 kids Sunday night, but doubled to 12 Mon & 14 last night! Total attendace has been from 104 to 114 I believe, so that's a good turn out for us cause we're a small rural town.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-31-2002, 09:30 AM   #68  
sef

FRUIT: Cafe Rani, 234A Lee Lane, 893-6158. I'm going to MapQuest for directions.

Shirley
Old 07-31-2002, 09:35 AM   #69  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been posting to everyone but as you can see we are having technical difficulties here! I'll post more tonight!!

SEF: You got it - my sister said Lee Lane! I decided to wear a purple shirt with my black capri pants - so be looking for that! I'll be with my sister and niece - so, we'll wait for ya by the door.

See ya then - I've got my camera!!

Missy
Old 07-31-2002, 09:49 AM   #70  

WIW...

Holding my own with no loss or gain and that is going on 2 weeks of no exercise. I was to start my WATP tapes on Monday but my knee was still paining me and I know better than to totally destroy it! I am looking to Monday morning again for starting back so here is to hoping.

JACK-K- You are doing so awesome with your losses! 82 pounds..I have friends that weigh just a few pounds more than that so it is like you have lost one of them off of you! I am so encouraged to read about your success...just 30 more pounds to goal but you have done phenomenal already.

MELIRIS-That must have been a very exciting trip for your son. What a fantastic opportunity for him..and you might end up with a Norwegian as your DIL one day! I am happy to hear about the dog you mentioned not getting aggressive but simply lethargic and saying it was time to go. I hope that happens for us too.

GATOR- You had me looking at butterfly houses because of all your talk! That would be an interesting project for my children to see so maybe I will have to try it next summer.

FRUIT & SEF- Have a great lunch!

BOB-Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope they can get that retina attached without problems.

QUILTER-Congrats on the pound! You are still moving in the right direction and that is what counts.

I had good news from my mother this morning. I had mentioned before on the board that my dishwasher died. Well, she told me this morning that everytime she filled or emptied her own dishwasher she thought of me and felt sorry for me! She infomed me that I am to pick out a brand new dishwasher and she is going to buy it for me!!!! Rejoice! Gotta love my parents!
Old 07-31-2002, 10:05 AM   #71  

Good morning everyone. I lost a day here yesterday and am sorry. Had to start cleaning for my DIL and GS's coming Monday. So I'm really busy. Yesterday someone gave me a bunch of ripe peaches and I want to get them cleaned and frozen so I can make my kids a peach cobbler while there here. Still got lots of cleaning stuff to do. I always wait till the last minute... Dang me. I should have kept with fly lady and I wouldn't have to be doing this. Anyway I'm proud as punch I lost 4 lbs. Yippee KI AAAA!!!! Happy dance, shouts, yells.....

Gracious- good for holding your own.. That knee just gave you a set down. What a Mom you have... Congrads. on getting a new dishwasher.

Melf- Next week will be better I'm sure. so sorry about your shoulder

Jack-K- Oh my gosh we lost the same... You are doing so good... I'm doing the biggest snazziest Happy Dance for You....

Meliris- Congrads on that bounceing pound... Ye ha...

The Quilter- Hooray for your pound and oh my you're going to get out of the 190's next week for sure.. Happy happy for you....

Sorry if I missed anyone I'm in such a hurry... Will try to check in later....

213/173.5/130
Old 07-31-2002, 10:15 AM   #72  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

I'm so psyched!! I get to meet Fruit today!

QUILT: How sweet it is! That needle will be soon in the 180s!

BOB: So sorry to read about your Mom. You can always plan another trip! You only have one Mom! Will keep her in my prayers.

MELIRIS: You sound like Romper Room, only you have bouncing pounds instead of bouncing balls! My GD cannot stand it if a butterfly or moth comes near her. You should have seen her when she had to do a bug project for school and had to catch some bugs, moths, butterflies and mount them! That's okay I have the same thing with spiders, they are vicious in my opinion!

JACKK: Organizations. like Goodwill should thank SB for providing them with so many clothes. WTG girl!

MELF: Such pain! Hope you get back to normal soon. My DIL works for chiropractor and swears by them. Hope he can help. I'll find the Cafe to meet Missy. I got directions and it's not hard. You do know I can get lost in a paper bag?!?

GRACIOUS: Great parents.

Well, gotta get dressed and have a bite to eat. Empty stomach doesn't like pills!

Another reason I'm all hepped up today. SW airlines is having a special, lowest prices yet. Talked to NJ, MD, and PA and all is OK with them as to dates. Just have to check tonight with DS and DIL and order the tickets before midnight tomorrow.! Know kids will say time is okay, they have to take me to airport, pick me up and I want to ask

Will let you all know about our lunch!

Shirley
Old 07-31-2002, 10:24 AM   #73  

Default Happy WIW

Hello Everyone: Well with TOM here and feeling misery – but hopefully taking its leave by tomorrow evening! I have gained 2 pounds – but I will be able to live with that – and after a visit to the DD in Miami, I should have lost it plus some

Quilter – Good for you!!! Proud of you – and I hope you enjoy your trip!!!! Missed you at chat!!!! Just be safe and enjoy!!!

Sef & Fruit – I am so GREEN WITH ENVY!!!! You two have a wonderful get together and enjoy your LEGAL lunch together – and tell me (us) all about it as soon as you can!!!!

BOB – I AM SO SORRY I AM GOING TO MISS YOU!!!!! But I hope your mom’s eye gets better soon….. and we will just have to plan the next trip while we are in Miami….I am sure a 3 day weekend will come up soon that we can plan on!

Mel – Cool about the pound!!!! Butterflies are so pretty and delicate – would be a nice thing to watch – but I don’t really want them to touch me as well!

Jack-K – OH MY GAWDDDDDDDDD!!!!! THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! I am speechless at how succesful you are on this WOE!!! It is incredible….keep it up, it is so inspiring!

TONI – ANOTHER OH MY GAWWWWDDDDDD!!!! THAT IS SO FANTASTIC!!!!!! Have a great time visiting with your family too – Peach cobbler sounds yummy!!!!

Melf – I am blowing kisses to your boo boos!!! Hope you heal up, lose that water swell, and get better! I imagine that pain in the shoulder really hurts….

Gracious – yes, you have to love your mom and give her lots of hugs and kisses and praise for being so caring and giving to help you as she does – that is so wonderful and you are a very lucky woman to have such kind parents!!! That weight will budge, just as long as it is not going up you are still going strong!!! Hope that knee heals up quickly so you can exercise!!!

To All: I keep a journal – when I first started it on May 28th I wrote notes here and there ahead of time for me to read when I hit those dates…

Today’s note to myself read (written at weight 262): It’s been 4 months since you started Sber’s woe and I hope that you have been true to yourself. I hope that you have continued to exercise and have trimmed down enough to be getting lots of compliments. You deserve to be happy with yourself. Take a new picture and post it on line and go buy yourself a gorgeous new outfit for all your hard work – You Go Girl….Mini Goal – to weigh 220, wear size 18.

My response to my note to myself (written today at 249): I may have been a little hopeful with the 220 weight, but not with the size 18 as that is what I am now! The exercise has taken off the inches and tightened up some bad spots, and I get nothing but compliments every day from people – and this weekend in Miami I hope to find a gorgeous new outfit – and treat myself to all this hard work – and it is not HARD work – it is FUN!!!!

One more day Deb!!!

Sabrina (yes, I write to myself!!!)
Old 07-31-2002, 10:30 AM   #74  
Wannabe skinny babe

Angry WIW - whew.

Happy WIW!

According to MY scale, I’m at 182-3, which is down 2 from the 185 I hit last week, and it’s TOM so I may actually be down a little more. I am trying to watch what I eat – had a Thai Shrimp Salad at the family dinner outing last night. I really wanted steak and veggies, but with the danger of a GB attack (*shudder*) I decided to play it safe.

Good news on the house – we’ve all reached an agreement on the price, etc., so it’s all signed. Now I just have a month to hold my breath that the financing comes through and we don’t lose it in escrow. *fingers crossed*

Gumbo – your trip sounds heavenly! When I was little I always wanted to live in Wyoming, because it was the least populated state.

Mpinkham – HI and Welcome! I also do Weight Watchers, but I am incorporating the benefits of SugarBusters! There are lots of friendly and helpful people here – several have reached their goal. Glad to meet you!

Gator – thanks for the caterpillar updates. It’s fascinating, even if I do have to live vicariously through your reports.

Jack-K – we decided that we’d follow tradition. We’re not living together until after the wedding (officially anyway), we’re spending the night before the wedding in separate places, and Dan doesn’t want to see me AT ALL the day of the wedding, not until the moment I walk down the aisle. I think it’s sweet! Oh and WOW – you lost FOUR lbs.!!! *happy dance for you*

Sef – thanks for the tip on Lane Bryant! They have a store here in town, so I will head over and check it out.

Meliris – when I married before (at 25) we had a quick wedding on my mom’s deck. I borrowed a dress from my mom, just something she had in her closet. This time I wanted to do it “right”, so although we’re not spending a fortune (our entire budget is less than $2000), we’re trying to have a simple but nice wedding. I never expected to have a REAL wedding dress. I’m nervous and excited at the same time! When we renew our vows someday (Lord willing), we want to do it on the beach in Hawaii.

Quilter – yay on the loss! Whoohoo!

Melf – sorry about the pain! Can the chiro help with that? Good luck, it sounds like you’ve been busy!

Gracious – a new dishwasher! *happy dance for you too* Yay! That is great news!

Toni – FOUR lbs. for you too? WOW! You go girl! Wheeeeeeeeee.

Sef and Fruit and those meeting – HAVE FUN! We want to know all about it! Details! Details!

Tranquil - I like your journal idea. I talk to myself too, but only when no one's around.

Have a good middle o’ the week, everyone!

Jenn
Old 07-31-2002, 12:40 PM   #75  

Default WIW

Holding steady at 162 and had a surprise visitor. I swear, I feel like I just finished and here it comes again. And there's already cramping, so I'm not going to be happy the rest of the week.

Gator: I hope you enjoy your butterfly exhibit. I love them. We have had a Yellow Swallowtail hanging around our backyard this summer and I saw a Viceroy the other day. They look just like Monarchs and it is not the right time for Monarchs here in TX so I'm guessing it was a Viceroy. We have lots of Painted Lady and Hackberry Butterflies.

Missy and Sef: I'm excited for you two! Just reading your posts back and forth made me want to hop on down for lunch! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Jack-K: You are an inspiration, Girlfriend! Keep up the good work. My loss isn't nearly that dramatic, and the slow-down is a drag. My 1 year anniversary on SB is in a couple of weeks and I'm just over my half-way mark. But I know this is my way of life now and I'll get to my goal eventually. I did run out to Kohl's Saturday afternoon to buy a pair of jeans that fit. I've gone from an 18 (last August) to a 12.

Mel: Congrats on the loss. What an exciting time for DS. Don't worry about that Norwegian, he'll be in love with someone else before you know it! My 13 y.o. DD flip flops between thinking boys are gross to thinking they are fine!

Jenn: Congrats on the house! And the wedding prep had me wishing I was up there to partake in the celebating! Maybe Mom is trying to forge some gaps that seem to be in your relationship.

Tranquil: Is the eye better? Hope you and Serene have a fantastic trip this weekend. Pictures, we want pictures!

Serene: See above. How's the home life, BTW?

Gumbo: Welcome back! I would love to take a road trip out west. There was a newshow the other night about how many people are renting RVs this year and seeing what our great country has to offer. I just might have to do that next summer. My folks have a motor home and I'd love to borrow it and just go. DD graduates from HS next year, so we'll see.

Jbug: Keep coming to this board, you'll find lots of inspiration!

mpinkham: Welcome and congrats on your WW loss. This is a great place to get your body and mind in shape.

Toni: I LOL at the thought of your DS screaming at you through the phone to put down that food! Hope you enjoy your visit with the GKs. My kids love to visit their GPs. And congrats on the loss. WTG, Girlfriend!!!!!!

Deb: You get the puter fixed yet? I think checking recent downloads is a great idea from Melf. But you did say you had a lightning strike, didn't you? Maybe it's had a slow death since then. Hope you get a new modem soon.

Gracious: How's our baby today? Aren't parents wonderful sometimes, actually, most of the time for me. My mom sent me a check a couple of weeks ago to help with the bills. DH has been without a job since February. I thanked her for it through tears and she said "it's going to be yours someday, anyway." DH is probably going to get a job in Amarillo. That's way up the in TX panhandle and a long way from Rockwall. He'll probably commute, via SWA (sorry ladies, but that's the way to go in these parts) because DD is a senior and there's no way we can move right now.

I need to ask you all to remember a friend of mine this week. Her oldest DS has gotten himself into some serious trouble with the law. He's bi-polar, has the emotional capacity of a 13 y.o. and makes decisions without thinking of the consequences and it's really bad. She needs your good thoughts and prayers right now as she decides whether or not to help him or let him finally suffer the consequences. He's 20.
Funny how the Lord works; I had a dream about her the other night that I couldn't find her anywhere. That made me call her day before yesterday and we had a nice long talk. Then last night she called to share with me this problem because I've always been there for her. I told her this is why I dreamed about her!

Gotta run and get the house straightened. Hope the computer man calls back to say he's coming to fix my laptop. He didn't fix it on Monday and he and 2 other techs are not agreeing on what's wrong. Anyway, I'm getting a new motherboard with a processor, a new keyboard(because I popped the K key off trying to get something out from under it) and a new bottome to hold in the battery. I'll have a brand new computer when this is all over. Just hope all my work is still in the memory when it puts it back together.
Closed Thread